Random Image

Catfish

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 24

Started by JoanFL, April 24, 2016, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

SODA SHOPPE
for week of April 24

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend. There's pecan rolls to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Fickle

As a rule,
Man's a fool.
When it's hot,
He wants it cool.
And when it's cool,
He wants it hot,
Always wanting
What is not.

Food For Thought

T he State of Today's Church
(By Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.)
[Taken from A Birmingham Jail Cell Letter to Clergymen)

...In deep disappointment, I have wept over the laxity of the church. But be assured that my tears have been tears of love. There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. Yes, I love the church; I love her sacred walls. How could I do otherwise? I am in the rather unique position of being the son, the grandson and the great-grandson of preachers. Yes, I see the church as the body of Christ. But, oh! How we have blemished and scarred that body through social neglect and fear of being nonconformists.

There was a time when the church was very powerful. It was during that period when the early Christians rejoiced when they were deemed worthy to suffer for what they believed. In those days the church was not merely a thermometer that recorded the ideas and principles of popular opinion; it was a thermostat that transformed the mores of society. Wherever the early Christians entered a town, the power structure got disturbed and immediately sought to convict them for being "disturbers of the peace" and "outside agitators." But they went on with the conviction that they were "a colony of heaven," and had to obey God rather than man. They were small in number but big in commitment. They were too God-intoxicated to be "astronomically intimidated." They brought an end to such ancient evils as infanticide and gladiatorial contest.

Things are different now. The contemporary church is often a weak, ineffectual voice with an uncertain sound. It is so often the arch supporter of the status quo. Far from being disturbed by the presence of the church, the power structure of the average community is consoled by the church's silent and often vocal sanction of things as they are.

But the judgment of God is upon the church as never before. If the church of today does not recapture the sacrificial spirit of the early church, it will lose its authentic ring, forfeit the loyalty of millions, and be dismissed as an irrelevant social club with no meaning for the twentieth century. I am meeting young people every day whose disappointment with the church has risen to outright disgust.

Thought of the Day

“My most painful experiences have been when I've had a problem and no one loved me enough to tell me about it."

- Paul Cedar

:smitten:

Kelly

JoanFL

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Woke to the sound of birds singing..a lazy day here only job that needs to be done is clip the dogs nails. Will just take the day as it comes maybe get some sewing in too!

Hope everyone that had tummy problems is feeling better today.

Kelly good morning to you.

Joan ,any word on when Gloria will be back on? Thank you for breakfast .

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm just marking my space for later.  I have things to do to get ready for church.  It went down into the mid 30s overnight and the high is predicted for the low 60s.  Not too bad for a high in April but I was hoping for more 70s weather.  I'll be back later to see what Everyfriend is up to today.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Kelly

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
first i want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayer's for our grand daughter.
black berries are not ripe in this aria,but we have some in the deep freeze from last year.
so let us know when you can make it and we will Make a cobbler and ice-cream.and the saying is good but think it applies for all sexes, hope everyone has a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

the picture that goes with this post paste with it. but you can figure it out.those of us born before 1955.
It is about a virsue (computer use )

I thought you would want to know about this e-mail virus.

Even the most advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care of this one.

It appears to affect those who were born prior to 1955.

Symptoms:

1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice.

2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail!

3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person.

4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you.

5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment.

6. Causes you to hit "SEND" before you've finished.

7. Causes you to hit "DELETE" instead of "SEND."

8. Causes you to hit "SEND" when you should "DELETE."

IT'S CALLED
THE "C-NILE VIRUS."

Have I already sent this to you?

Or did you send it to me?

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  I haven't heard a thing from Gloria.  I imagine she's about ready to pull her hair out.  I sure do miss her.

Janie--Good morning.  Hopefully it'll get a bit warmer there.  Forecasters here say we will hit 90°.  We'll see you again after church.

Good morning, Lloyd.  That cobbler sounds good.  Let me know when you are making it, and I will fire up my broom and be there pronto.:)  Thanks for the chuckle.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!!

Just a quick hello and go have my coffee and get ready for church. 

JoanFL

Amy

I had to go back as I had missed the post from Lloyd about his grandaughter ...yes God held her safe in His hands .I am glad she is ok Lloyd..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It appears we will be having a lovely day only getting up to 81 degrees this afternoon.  Today is Church Day and pretty sure we will go out to lunch following.  Yesterday turned out to be pretty busy.  I spent at least two hours on the phone with Comcast and was finally advised to take my Gateway box back and get another one, which I did.  I installed it and got all the settings on the computers and TV set and hoped things would be fine.  However, we had the same dropout problem as we tried to watch a movie last night so not sure I accomplished anything.  Guess I will ask for a technician to come out and see if they can accomplish anything.  I also went to Lowe's and exchanged one of my baskets that didn't look well and got another, which is a bright red New Guinea Impatiens plant, a tomato vine cage and some chemical to chase away bugs.  Then on my way back from Comcast I stopped at the plant nursery and got two beautiful hanging baskets for our porch porch and three different herbs to plant.

Hal, this is the only HOA we have been in that seems to enforce much of anything.  However, have a new HOA management company so yet to see what may happen.  Our old neighborhood had one but no code enforcement beyond contacting the county if yards got too high or a car was parked in a yard, which were things against the county ordinances.

Kelly, would this be a replacement car or a second car for you?

Joan, when we were at the attorney's office for the closing on this home, the Agent, who is also the builder's wife, asked me if I would serve as president of the HOA.  I politely declined as I must control the stress in my life.  Our neighbor lady, across the street agreed to be president but resigned about 3 months later saying it was more than she could handle.  We still have a board but the Management company should take on the brunt of the problems.

Mycheal, I think many of us here have volunteered in the past and then found a time when we needed to cut back or stop volunteering. 

Lloyd, what a blessing that your granddaughter survived the accident but shame on the truck driver not staying at the scene and talking with her and exchanging insurance information.  If she remember the name of the of the truck line they can probably identify who was driving.   

CallieOK

Good Morning,

I miss the "action" icons we used to have.

Lloyd,  I'm so relieved to learn your granddaughter is o.k.

Wishing EveryFriend Everywhere a lovely day.

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  What a nuisance when we have problems with parts of our computer set ups.  I know you place looks lovely with all of those flowers.  Those positions are thankless--unless you like to deal with complainers.

Lloyd--I, too, neglected to tell you that I was VERY glad your granddaughter survived the accident.

Callie--Good morning.  I miss those icons, too.

Lloyd Hammond

it is ok Friends we all get in a hurries and miss post's  and i have short term memory loss and forget even before i post the responses I should.all is well that ends well

Lloyd

halkel

Larry, I have found when you do work in a club or organization that they tend to just keep piling on until you are covered up with more than you want to do.  You really have no time to enjoy the activities yourself.

I do a couple of activities within the church but refuse to take on more. 

Got to run.

Jeanne Lee

I don't know what you folks mean by "action" icons.  Maybe something can be done to replace them if you'll give me more of a description.

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Kelly

Hi Larry
If I am in the UK more I need a second car, one there and one here.

Kelly

CallieOK

Jeanne,  I'm referring to the ones for which we had to click a link underneath the ones we see at the top of the preview page.   Most of them had some kind of motion. a chicken dancing, a dog running back and forth, a chef stirring a cake, a stick figure walking - plus things like balloons, a "Happy Birthday" banner, an ice cream cone, etc.

angelface555

Do they perhaps mean the animated emotion cons such as the dancing chicken or line person or  birthday balloons from before?

I see Callie has answered my question. The ones you were able to use if you clicked on "More."

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone, 
from the Sunny and Early Springlike
Rocky Coast of Maine. 

My favorite time of year ( except Fall!)   
Sandy
:crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Good morning all, I too miss the "More" action cartoons, you could almost write a sentence just using the cartoons...all of them.

It should be a lovely day in Stanton,high of 73. I will go down for services at the Chapel at 10 a.m. then on to lunch at the big dining room, then home for the rest of the day. Hopefully to clean out my other desk where I still have a storage of small items that need to find a residence.

Had a really good nights sleep after our entertainment last night. I hope this gentleman is invited back again soon. Everyone enjoyed him and he seemed to really enjoy entertaining us.

As long as we are here, let's dance.

JoanFL

Gloria just called me.  First she asked me to ask folks NOT to send her any emails.  And second, her grandson was there yesterday and worked on her new (not even 3 mos. old) computer for a long time.  He couldn't get it to do a thing so called HP and was on the phone with them for a long time.  Still nothing.  Soo--they are going to send her a FED EX label to return the computer.  They told her grandson she'd be without the computer for about 3 weeks.  She's discouraged/frustrated.

June Drabek

Bis, oh Gosh ! Poor Gloria, I can associate with her frustrations. I think I would demand a new computer from those who sold it to her. She paid for one that worked not a repaired one. That company would be on my black list for sure.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good morning, a beautiful clear blue sky day, with little wind.  A little on the cool side, after the last few days, but it is still April.

Joan, it is still early, so I will go out in the sun and enjoy coffee and roll, thanks.  I saw the ground hog, walking around on my deck this morning, I think he is the one digging in my newly plante plants., there is dirt all over.

Lloyd, I am so happy to see your GD is alright after the accident.  Shame on that truck driver, for not staying with her.

June, good for you doing the twist.  Glad to see you are feeling better

I sure miss Gloria, hope she get her computer fixed soon.  I bet she is tearing her hair out.
She is so faithful, to write and interesting post everyday.

Jackie, hope you keep feeling better.

I did a lot of volunteering  when I retired I was so bored staying home.  I like working at the library, and Okeenos, where we saved seals, sea birds, turles etc.  I also made reservations for whale watching. I still write for the Bark, our park news paper, that comes out every two months.

Larry your yard is going to look lovely with all your plantings.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Jeanne Lee

OK, now I know what you mean about the extra icons.  I'll see what can be done about getting some back.

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Sandy

Jeanne....   

We had a couple of LOL ones that I really liked. 
One was very big  (probably too big)  and the other
looked like a witch LOL ..   That one I loved!

I also liked the one that was waving to everyone!

Sandy
:uglystupid2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Kelly

Hi Joan
Thank you for the news regarding Gloria.

It might have been better if they had sent a replacement computer instead of the one she is returning.  And if not three months old, I would  have thought it will be in still or guarantee or warranty.

Kelly