Random Image

BougainvilleaColors

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 3

Started by JoanFL, July 03, 2016, 05:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Angelface, I believe you, said Pinocchio...... :no:

Jenny, will Lola be easier to look after than your grandchildren?.....will she be less tiring?....  ;)
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

Jackie, is that a British idiom? Don't you believe my oven is self-cleaning or that I'm seemingly hoarding all the rain?  :-\  :)

Vanilla-Jackie

angelface, "I swear I rarely use it! " ;D

Sandy

:congrats:   
Have a happy
Independence Day 
America !

:congrats:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

Callie--I have a walker, too, but not as fancy as yours.

Janie--My walker doesn't have a name.  No demerits if you i--n while watching TV?  Ha, Ha.

Vanilla-Jackie--GREAT that you have such nice neighbors.

Angelface--I don't use my oven very often, so don't have to set it too self-clean often.  That smell is atrocious.

Sandy--Thank you.

Hope June is OK.  She hasn't been here.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

June Drabek

Bis, I was here, honest. Post # 18. And guess what, I still haven't ordered my groceries today. Had a big lunch, came home, put on some comfy clothes and fell asleep for over two hours. Now I have caught up here, and will try to start my grocery order before I get too gabby.

Everyone sounds O.K. and I am thankful for that. Back later.....June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

Jackie!  ;D

Joan, we have a twice yearly apartment inspection by the manager and the head of Housekeeping. The only things they mentioned for me was cleaning the oven which I rarely used and hadn't cleaned since move in on 12/13!

I well remember that smell from other apartments! I mentioned to them that I was waiting for a rare sunny day to self-clean so that I could put Farrah in her carrier on the balcony. Our manager suggested a rainy day instead for the generated heat.

The other thing was the mess from some of the cottonwoods nearby that had settled in my balcony door mesh. So I took my blow dryer to it and then swept.

I'm not used to being inspected, but since I live in a senior, disabled complex with many excellent advantages and with some on the first and second floor with issues of some type or another, I suppose it makes sense!

Farrah is definitely at home now. While cleaning and the fan active, she stood outside the gallery kitchen, looked at me and went "Win-Win!" which to her means FEED ME! Unfortunately, her food and water dishes sat on the floor by the range, and she was not going there! :tickedoff:

I put a placemat by the balcony doors and placed her dishes there so "Her Majesty" was appeased and had her snack. Afterwards, she went and laid in the bathroom for a well-earned, to her, nap.  :thumbup:

CallieOK

Patricia,   love your "conversations" with Farrah.  She has developed quite a personality!

Joan - here's a picture of my rollator (price is cheaper than I paid - but I preferred to have someone knowledgeable helping me)
Click the small picture on the right to see the pink one.  Click "show larger picture" to get a good look at the zebra fabric.

http://www.phc-online.com/Set_N_Go_Rollator_p/lumex-rj4700.htm

I forgot to mention that it has "extensions" on the handles so the cushion of you hand below the thumb is supported.  Makes a nice difference when needing to steady myself.

Denver

CALLIE, your pink rollator is cute as can be. 

We did go to a art festival today and I had a wonderful time zipping around in my cart.  I would never be able to walk that far.  Bob said I have already got enough service out of this cart to pay for it.  I am one very happy gal to have this cart.

JOAN, we do not have a fenced yard, so the dogs have to be walked on a leash.  It is all common grounds that are cared for by our HOA.  WE do let Lola go out on our deck, and for the most part she will not step off of it.  That gives her a little bit of freedom. 

JACKIE, without a doubt Lola is MUCH easier to care for than the children!!!  To be honest she is a delightful little girl.  Sure nice to read that the walks are continuing and you are getting to know the neighbors. 

Bob grilled burgers for us, and we were outside eating when the biggest clap of thunder sounded off, and in the house we came!  Bob being a Florida Boy, he never pushes his luck with lightening!  No walk in clinics for dental around here.... He took Alieve and has been careful to not chew on the tooth and it is not bothering him too badly.  Hope that continues to be the case. 

ANGELFACE, it sure is good to read that Farrah is settling in and enjoying her new life with you. I felt bad for you regarding having to clean the oven....it really does STINK!

JANIE, thank you for the response regarding the sauce and trying to check out the salt content.....no, no.  Never dig something out and get those coffee grounds all over the place.  We do not have to restrict our salt intake either, but just do not use that much salt.  Of course the reason things taste so yummy is normally because the so have a lot of salt in them. I will definitely check out this brand of sauce as it sounded good and easy.

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

The fireworks have started and there's a dog on each foot.  Oops!  Annie just burrowed further under the desk.  I never did understand the attraction that fireworks have for some people.  You'd think they could be happy with the public display that most towns have and not have to set off their own four consecutive nights to celebrate the holiday.  They are expensive, messy, dangerous and a menace to any animal within hearing distance of them.  The are also ILLEGAL!  Now I'll get down off my soapbox and close my mouth.  Back later!  I have to go cuddle the doggies.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Gloria

GLORIA de  some music has be sitting here moving my feet in dance steps but if I stood to try it I wound be flat on my face. Prayers continue for your grandson.

JENNY  I agree with you. I always said June has a wonderful way with words.

JANE  I slept good last night but after I posted this morning I laid on the bed and slept 3 hours.

JEANNE LEE  glad you have kept your sense of humor. It helps a lot not to be grouchy. I often wish my rollator had the larger wheels. These small ones hinder me when on a rough surface. You are proving you read the posts. Smart gal you are. My thought and prayers are with you.

CALLIE  I bought my rollator before I knew Medicare would help with the cost. I went online looking for them. I have the pouch under the seat. I carry what I need in there. When I do go anywhere I put what is in there into my shoulder bag. I find I prefer sitting on the seat where ever I go, it is padded and the handles are great armrests.

PATRICIA  we have self cleaning ovens, too, but I don't use the oven, I use my toaster oven. I can bake even a pie in that.

I can hear some fireworks going off.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

I did it ! I got my grocery order finished ! It took me a long time and got me tired out just sitting here. I don't think I would ever get anything done if I had to go to a store to shop. I am my own worst enemy though, slogging through my list, where I could just fill my shopping cart on line whenever I ran out of something, and it would stay in my cart till I finally had all I wanted. I should take advantage of that nice opportunity.

Patricia, I really enjoy reading about the progress of Farrah making herself at home. I wonder how long a memory animals have ? Hopefully Farrah has now forgotten the reasons she had to be so fearful. You have truly done well, Patricia.

Callie, your rollator looks about the same as mine. My basket under the seat is a wire one, so I have a liner for it, and that is always filled with "stuff". I am a terrible "pack rat".

Jenny, I am so happy that you are enjoying your new rollator, I would be very unhappy without mine. Quite a few people here have electric carts that they really need. Gary had gotten one for me, but it is stored in his storage shed. I prefer to keep walking as much as possible with the cart. But different folks have different needs.

Gloria, my rollator  was purchased years ago for my husband. He has been gone for 11 years now, and I have used his for probably 8 years , so they are worth every cent we spent on them.

It is time to think about something to eat. I brought home some turkey from lunch, so I will make a sandwich of that. It is hard to get hungry when I spend so much time sleeping.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=6254586674341&source=jl999&utm_medium=internal_email&utm_source=pickup&utm_campaign=receivercontent

Please enjoy this early card for the fourth!

I see Gloria has posted one as well, hope its not the same!  :thumbup:

Mary Ann

Gloria and Patricia, thank you both for the 4th of July cards.  I am hearing firecrackers and fireworks galore as I type this.  Sitting on my deck, I was able to see some of the fireworks.  I think they're at the 5th Third Ballpark.  Tom just got home and said there are fireworks in every direction.

Everyone have a good Fourth!

Mary Ann

angelface555

We're lucky to be this far north and continuous daylight.It makes fireworks a bit redundant! They have displays on the winter solstice and up at the University on New Years at midnight. You can see those for miles and the cold negates fires but not injuries.

Every year, someone usually a guy in his twenties, gets injured fooling around.

Vanilla-Jackie

Callie K, oh that is real snazzy, I want one like that, kindof puts my boring grey rollator in the shade....

Jenny, also happy to hear you are having the time of your life zipping around in your new cart....Now you go steady now, not too much speeding, remember you are not ( retired ) formula one racing driver Stirling Moss.......

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend, on this Fourth of July.  There's strawberry and blueberry muffins to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

Thanks to Phyllis for her great “Fourth of July” graphic creation which we are using this today.

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Justin: Why does the Statue of Liberty stand in New York Harbor?
Gerald: Why?
Justin: Because she can’t sit down.

Johnny: Does Europe have a 4th of July?
Josh: No.
Johnny: Yes, it does. It comes right after the 3rd of July.
Joe: My brother swallowed a box of firecrackers.
Moe: Is he all right now?
Joe: I don’t know. I haven’t heard the last report.

Food For Thought

July 4th

Barbecues and fireworks, flags and parades, Independence Day evokes so many images of the American summer. Its original purpose to celebrate the birth of the American nation on July 4th, 1776 has given way to festivities that celebrate both America and the lives and freedoms that the accomplishments of American Independence have allowed. The commemoration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence is a time not only to reflect on what happened at America's founding but also to look again at the nation's values and recommit oneself again to those ideals.

Thought of the Day

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. 

~Dwight D. Eisenhower

:smitten:

junee

JOANFL
I want t o wish all my USA friends a Happy Independance Day. What a great flag from
Phyllis.

Lloyd Hammond

Thanks, junee Jackie and Bis and all that follows. My internet service Is not good this Morning. You all have a great day'

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I want to wish you all a Happy 4th of July!!!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for dh. I think we have everything that is needed packed. Soon we will be on the road, our neighbour is coming in to let the dogs out and feed them their supper tonight if I am not home in time. I have the wheel chair at the ready for me to take tomorrow when I bring him home. James Harriot is going to keep me company...a light read and heart warming stories.

Joan, thank you for breakfast..

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Happy 4th of July.  Another memory in your chuckles today Joanie.  Back when I was still in school, my father asked us if we thought other countries have a 4th of July.  Of course, my sister and I both said a resounding "NO" because we knew about the revolutionary war and the Declaration of Independence.  He said, "Sure they do.  It follows the 3rd no matter where you live".  And then he grinned and walked away. 

The picnic at my daughter's yesterday was fun.  It was just my daughter, SIL and me.  Good food, good company and relaxing. 

I haven't decided what I'm going to get into today but I'm thinking maybe blueberry jam and if that goes well, maybe strawberry jam too.  This will involve a quick trip to WM because I need to replenish my jelly jars.  I also need to pay a few bills before it's too late.  I have a bunch of them on Auto Pay through my Credit Union.  I'd like to have ALL of them on Auto Pay so I don't have to worry about them.  This household chore is my biggest bug-a-boo.  I hate, loathe and despise it!  So There!

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

We are going to have a laze day today and go to granddaughters this evening for evening meal and watch fireworks with the great grands. have a great forth what ever your plans.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Hall I am leaving you a note  here. your light is green and Skype said I missed a call from you,but no answer. do not think My internet is working proper today' Have a great forth.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, Boy that Windows 10 really wants to install, when I started up that page came up wanting me to install. In order to get away from it I had to pick an install date The latest date on it is 7-8 at 11PM. If I want to do it myself looks like I will have to do it before then. I dislike them making me do it. Now my TV will not come on either. All I get is no signal. Not a nice way to start my day. Looks like I will be calling Cox  but doubt they will send anyone till tomorrow. A couple of weeks ago cable went off. They said a construction company had cut the cable. Been having problems since. What a way to start the Fourth not.

PATRICIA  I thought I had picked the JL greeting you sent, that was the new one for this year.

PHYLLIS  wonderful graphic and the BG is perfect. No distractions.

JOAN  love the flag graphic for today. This is the first time in years that I did not make a 4th  graphic. A blueberry muffin will be great with my coffee this morning. Your second chuckle had me groaning, cute. Food for Thought has me wondering just how mane now living in the US really know why we celebrate the Fourth of July. For many of the young ones it is only a day to party. Wonder how much they teach in school now of the Revolution and what the early
Americans fought for to gain our freedom. Your choice of quote says it all.  Thank you for all today's goodies.

JUNEE  hello, hope you are feeling good.

LLOYD  remember no work for you today.

AMY  my prayers follow you and your husband today. Also pray that the surgeon's hand are guided by God. I have read some of James Harriot and enjoyed his stories.

JANE  glad your picnic yesterday was enjoyable for you. I was invited to my son's in-laws celebration today at their cap but declined. Since I can only get around with my rollator and the rough ground I would not be able to get around.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Junee.  Thanks for the good wishes.

Lloyd--Good morning.  Sorry you're having internet problems. Enjoy your time at your granddaughters and viewing the fireworks.

Amy--Good morning.  Thanks for the 4th wishes.  I continue to pray that all goes well with your husband's surgery.

Good morning, Janie.  Your father must have had a good sense of humor.  You really are "going to town" with the jam making.  I only have two bills that are not on auto pay, so it's pretty easy for me to get all the bills paid.

Gloria--Good morning.  Gosh, that Windows 10 is being persistent.  Maybe the cable is a general outage and they will get it fixed pronto.  Too bad you are unable to go to your son's today.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Lloyd, I am in and out this morning.  Today is my watering day so moving hose every now and then.  And "kinda" picking up, wife will be home today from Del Rio.

It is nice and cool out this morning.  Yesterday was hot, hot, hot.  I went over to my daughters for supper last night and my SIL was grilling some steaks and I sit outside with him on he patio and it was an even 100 degrees in the shade.  His fans were not much use, just stirring they hot, humid air.  But the meal was great and the company even better.  They sent me home with amble snacks... ;)

Amy hoping everything turns out okay today.  Know it will be a long day for both you and your hubby.  Know he will not be neglected when he gets back home.

Got to go move my water.......

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  Happy 4th of July.  It will be another very hot day after reaching 100 degrees here yesterday.  The only activity I have planned for today is to attend a meeting at noon. Sure not looking forward to getting back into the car after the meeting as last week the car registered 106 degrees inside when I got back into it.  Fortunately it doesn't take too long to cool down.  We heard a few fireworks last night but nothing close.  I am sure there will be more this evening. 

It is amazing how much the four little birds are growing each day.  The parent birds were very aggressive this morning when I went out to water the flowers with one coming close enough to my ear to hear the flap of its wings. 

A friend sent me a link to a very interesting, if a bit frightening, video.  It involves GM and China.  http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Gloria, I have read a lot of complaints about Microsoft installing Windows 10 without permission.  That is not very good public relations. I have never heard of anyone being struck by lightning while on the computer.  A good reason to work on a battery powered laptop during a lightning storm.  Of course, I keep mine plugged in so would not be protected.

Joan, Pat was feeling some better yesterday and seems even more improved this morning. 

Patricia, Pat has a silicon oven liner that lays on the bottom shelf and any spills are caught on it.  It is easily removed and washed and saves a lot of oven cleaning. 

I could have written many more comments regarding the fine messages posted since I read yesterday but decided to give you all a break and be relatively brief.  Probably back to normal book length tomorrow. 

CallieOK

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY / FOURTH OF JULY  :balloons:

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Monday afternoon Joan and Everyfriends..... well we cant tell you how ecstatic we both were this morning.....It seems Benji didnt have a " stroke " but he suffered " vestibular syndrome " ( which yesterday, our new neigbours Pam and Nigel from our site, told us to mention.. but we never got the chance to ask, vet knew already...) which mimics a stroke.....we are all amazed at how well Benji is doing, both of us, and Jeremy our today morning vet.........Yes he still has the odd head slant, twist, and his eyes and head doesn't always co-ordinate together, as to eating his food, but his " nystagmus " rapid side to side eye movement has stopped, his blood pressure is normal....Our vet today Jeremy one of two of my favourite vets...was so active and positive about how well our Benji was looking, how well he has recovered....All I could think of saying was, " thank you, thank you, thank you God, even Rs eyes were brimming with happiness, I just kept looking at him with the widest smiles you could think of....On the way home we stopped off at the dairy farm shop, I needed milk, and bought a cream cake to take home for us to celebrate with a cuppa, ( I even told the shop staff what we were celebrating )....but not before we all walked downhill and gave Benji a walk...Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts on keeping our Benji in prayer...as I said he was so so close to us ending his life either late Friday evening or early that Saturday morning, so so glad we - I decided on seeing how things went over the weekend, but that was one of the hardest choices, decisions I have ever had to make....and all because I didnt want Friday-Saturdays vet to end it....Link to two of my favourite vets, Jeremy and Giles....

Now of course we still have the cancer to face, we will deal with that when it turns....

http://www.castlevets.co.uk/staff.html