Random Image

Morning

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 3

Started by JoanFL, July 03, 2016, 05:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend  There's a bacon breakfast quiche to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “July--Ice Cream Month” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles
Moral Lesson

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin, 5, and Ryan, 3. The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake. Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson.

"If Jesus were sitting here, He would say, "Let my brother have the first pancake. I can wait."

Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus."

Food For Thought

Fighting for Focus in the Frenzy
(By Kerry S. Doyal)

Want to know a "sure fire" method of inflicting guilt on Christians? Ask about their prayer life. Or, discuss witnessing, parenting or marriage. These, and a few select topics, are almost always sure to pile their plates with a full heapin' of guilt - deserved or not.

Ahh, but prayer. who couldn't and shouldn't be praying more? Prayer is a spiritual discipline that is more of a source of regret than retreat and refreshment for too many of us. Yet, it is needed to keep life in perspective.

Crazy thing is, we often try to beef up our prayer lives. Yet - take a deep breath here - our frenetic and frenzied lives fight against fellowship with the Father which facilitates focused living. (Go ahead, re-read it, I'll wait.)

Stated in the key of "P": If we are not purposeful to provide peaceful pockets of time for prayer and pondering, we will not possess it. Period.

Life's hectic pace blurs focused living. Time in prayer with the Father is a key means to fight back. And, since "The Good" easily replaces "The Best", we must keep our lives before the Lord in prayer to keep clear His marching orders for us. This is a truth we see in Jesus' life.

Observe how Mark 1:35-39 shows how Jesus kept on track by keeping in touch with the Father.

"The next morning Jesus awoke long before daybreak and went out alone into the wilderness to pray. Later Simon and the others went out to find him. They said, "Everyone is asking for you."

But he replied, "We must go on to other towns as well, and I will preach to them, too, because that is why I came." So he traveled throughout the region of Galilee, preaching in the synagogues and expelling demons from many people." (New Living Translation)

In the crush of ministry and the temptation of growing popularity, Jesus maintained time with His Father in prayer. This helped Him keep His priorities, make wise decisions and serve and teach with power. And, as always, He is an example for us.

Re-read Mark's 78 wonderful and weighty words. Sound familiar?

Every parent knows what it is like to seek solitude only to be sought out themselves. Want to locate your children (or spouse, or pet)? Take a moment to read the Bible and pray. Practicing spiritual disciplines makes phones ring, dogs bark, and children and calendars call out.

Certainly, we should seek to find time for the Lord all throughout the day. However, fitting Him in around other things limits one's ability to hear, meditate, process, remember, rediscover, and enjoy Him.

To keep perspective in and on life, we need - as best as we can arrange it - uninterrupted times before the throne of grace with our Father - King. Keeping focused in your frenzy requires a couple of key elements, both seen in Mark 1:35-39.

First is sacrifice. It was early, still dark when Jesus slipped off to pray. This was after a full day of ministry that stretched into the night. While it is not sin to sleep in when needed (examine Elijah's example in 1 Kings 18, 19), the sacrifice of time with the Father is an act of worship and self-denial.

Did God make you more of a night owl than early bird? Then give Him some significant after hours time to speak to you and hear from you. Whenever and however, we must make, not just take time for God. Little sacrifice will equal little prayer.

Secondly, Jesus shows the need for sanctified time away with God, not just time away per se. This should be time to re-create, not just recreate. Reworking the axiom: "All play & 'no pray' makes one a spiritually dull boy."

Prayer is not merely meditation, time away or "getting centered". Prayer is time set apart (sanctified) to be with God, who is to be our center (Col. 3:1-3). It would not hurt us to risk being "so heavenly minded we are no earthly good." See Mark 6:30-32; Ps. 84:1-7; 73; 34:1-7; 40; 42.

About that guilt, don't be bound by it (see Rom. 5:1-2; 8:1, 2) But, if needed, by all means, repent. For further growth in seeing the need and beauty of prayer, get paper and pencil and discover some of prayer's life-giving and preserving fruits.

Thought of the Day

“If man is man, and God is God, to live without prayer is not merely an awful thing; it is an infinitely foolish thing."

- Phillips Brooks

:smitten:

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Sunday morning Joan, and Everyfriends....

Guess it runs in the Hathaway family, Benji too is sure a Hathaway fighter....he is getting stronger....

These last couple of days ( thank you God, for making my leg and walking more manageable and for answering to my prayer, over our Benji,) although I know my better walking wont last....We are able to walk down our parkhome sites slope, down to the bottom, a new to me short circle walk over greenery and past high trees, where a bit of a mess where they are preparing work for the remainder of the next 20 or so parkhomes which at some time will arrive bit by bit....then instead of walking back along the pathway we went in the opposite direction through the fenced narrow grassed lane, the same lane I have often walked, leg willing....We walked to the far end then came back, followed by our usual uphill back to our home at the top. Well apart from the odd sway, Benji was eager, pulled and looked so happy be out and about, I was worried that I may have been pushing him too far but he did it with flying colours, I am so proud of him, he is one h----k of a fighter...He is eating but because of his stroke his eyes and his head seem to go in different directions so its now a spoonful or two of his food in a saucer mixed with his tablets, followed by me hand-feeding him, he laps it up, but cant manage to lick out the bowl or saucer, makes a bit of a floor mess...

Jeanne Lee, you are sure right, nothing boring about your "now " life....Well I sure hope the hospital have run all there tests on you and you are now preparing to be released....What a palava with registering of your meds with your Insurance provider....no wonder your BP went sky high....
" There is no present like the time "

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
Bis there were three of us boys. I always got you are the oldest you set the example. Have a great day. we are still getting around the clock on and off rain. we went to family night for my first cousin yesterday she Passed after a long battle of cancer. we got in between rain showers and out  was rain again so i got the car and pulled it under the cover for Nancy as jack honer said what a good boy am I.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I have to go get ready for church and feed the doggies soon but I'm going to try to resurrect the post I lost last night.

JeanneLee, after I lost my post (part of it was for you) I prayed for your well-being.  I guess, if you hadn't had bad luck the last few days, you wouldn't have had any kind of luck at all.  I hope you are now on the road to recovery and I'll keep praying until I hear you are.

Joanie,  the dinner was delicious.  I used one of the new Campbell's Oven Sauces.  You put chicken, onions, peppers and pineapple chunks in a casserole and cover it with the cooking sauce.  Then you bake it at 400 for 40 minutes and it's delicious and the hardest part was cutting up the onion and pepper.  The easiest part was eating it!  I've put some of the leftovers in the hidey hole.  Try it!

I think Annie's new anti-itch medication is working.  Except for the time when someone was setting off firecrackers, she was not hiding under the desk at all last night.  And we all slept more peacefully. 

I'll check in after church and a quick stop at the Farmer's Market to see what y'all are up to.  I love that word "y'all".  It's so easy to use!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.
I did hear fireworks last night but off in the distance and it didn't bother the dogs.  we had another nice rain  along with thunder too last evening. Ground is sighing with relief here.

A day of rest today..hubby is getting ready for his operation tomorrow and will be kept in the hospital over night.I will drive him to the city and come home then back down on Tue to pick him up.Will know if they are sending home care or not tomorrow .Please say a wee prayer that everything goes well.

JeanneLee, good morning. my goodness what a time you have had.Prayers for a quick recovery and you get back home soon.

Jane, your meal sounds delicious!! Quick and easy and left overs would be tasty too!!

Phyliss, yum now that is an ice cream.

Lloyd, good morning.

Jackie, good to hear Benji is feeling better.

Joan ,thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Just watched a fun video clip, boy I need something to smile about, and this sure put a warm smile on my face, took me away from all that is bad happening in my life at the moment......

Oh I never told you about R receiving an email from our much younger ex next door neighbour where unknowing from me, R told him where we had moved to...the most part of moving far away was so my daughter couldn't torment me anymore, well next door neighbour said he had a visit from " Jackie's " daughter and her son, my grandson looking for me, told him her son, my grandson has a child now, ( yes I know it was born 5 months BEFORE we moved home...) so not knowing our circumstance told her where we have now moved to, no not our address but our area, wont take her long to trace me and start causing me mayhem again, if that's what she intends, or even turn up on my doorstep..So much for getting on with whats left of my life, and being happy for once....R knew how important it was for me not to let her know my whereabouts...

Link to fun video clip....Louis Armstrong and Velma Middleton.......Baby It's Cold Outside.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBFk-Y-4Jo

JoanFL

Good morning/afternoon Vanilla-Jackie.  It's great that you are up to taking your beloved Benji for a walk.....creating good memories.  Maybe your daughter was wanting to make amends?  Thanks for the link.

Lloyd--Good morning.  We aren't getting any rain here--seems to be all around us.

Good morning, Janie.  Your dinner sounds delicious.  Thanks for putting some in the "hidey hole".  Next time I shop I'll have to get the ingredients.  Glad the "itchies" are better.

Amy--Good morning.  We seem to get the thunder and lightning every evening, but no rain at all.  I will say some extra prayers that all goes well with your husband's surgery tomorrow.

Jeanne Lee--Good morning.  I pray you are doing better this morning.  Don't rush with going home because I am sure you are being well taken care of in this hospital.  When you go home you have to be well enough to care for yourself.

phyllis

I'm thinking of you, Jeanne Lee.  I hope the hospital and new meds can control your BP, etc. much better now.  Thank goodness, you got help when you most needed it and that you have a PA to help you with everything else.  Don't be in too big a hurry to leave the hosp.  They will monitor you closely and you need that right now until your health and med. responses level out. 

Rain again during the night but sun is trying to shine this morning.  It is going to be very humid today, I fear.  Wish I could push a little of this moisture your way, Joan.  I know how much you need it and we have had more than enough.

Amy and Don (Radioman), I am embarrassed that I didn't wish you a happy Canada Day on Friday.  Even though I am 2 days late I will wish that for you and your country now.  It is so nice to have such a good neighbor!

:happybday: Canada!

Happy Sunday to all.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan, nice thought, but no, I know my daughter and her drink, depression and violence problem....

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this hot and humid Sunday morning.  I am starting my day with 85 degrees and headed up to 98 or more this afternoon.  I have a simple plan for today. 

I will go to Sunday School and Church this morning but Pat isn't feeling up to going as her sciatic nerve continues to give her great pain as does her shoulder.  I missed a couple of items at Aldi's yesterday so will stop on the way home to get those.  I have no idea of what lunch may involve as Pat is trying to change her diet and it makes it difficult to buy food out. 

Joan, I have heard that Florida is the lightning capitol of the United States and that even on a perfectly clear day some people have been struck.  Perhaps that is where the saying "out of the clear blue" originated. 

Hal, the lightening risk is probably why they are so careful to stop play on the golf course when a storm approaches. 

June, we are convinced that our daughter shielded us from a lot that she was experiencing although we also knew a great deal about her situation.  For a number of years Pat didn't buy anything that had to be ironed but now she wants things made of cotton and the blouses need ironing.  She just takes it a little at a time as it gets to her back. 

Amy, apparently dear do not see well.  Glad your visit to the vet went so well.

Patricia, I guess our pets associating vets with pain due to the needles is a lot like us associating dentists with pain.  However, anymore getting shots at the dentist is certainly not as painful as it used to be.

Amy, hope your husband will have a quick and complete recovery from his surgery.   

Gloria

Good morning everyone.  I ws here last night BUT all of a sudden I got a screen come up telling me that the update to Windows 10 was installing.  Only way I could get rid of it was shutting down manually.  I will get 10 when I want it not when it takes over. I just heard on the news that the man who was struck on Cape  Cop was not hit by the lightening but he was at the computer while it was storming and that got hit and he got a shock from that.  Looks like I am not foolish when I close the PC and TV when we have a storm.

JEANNE LEE  that kind of excitement you did not need. Hope everything is OK by now.

PHYLLIS  wow that is a big ice cream cone.  More than I could handle but it sure looks good with all those flavors.

JOAN  Food for Thought is one to send to some who never think of praying to God. I feel bad for those who never pray except when they are in trouble. Thank you for today's goodies.

JANE  that is an easy recipe ad sounds good.

AMY  I wish the best for your hubby and of course prayers go with him.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Jeanne Lee

It's going to be at last another day here in the hospital while the doctor manipulates meds and dosages, with the hope that I won't need oxygen a home.... yet.  So for now it's just a case of waiting to see what happens next.  I think I have my kids convinced there's not need for panic or getting upset.  They seem to be content with having me just send frequent reports for now and seem to be approving of steps and plans I've been taking for my own safety. 

So meanwhile, I'm waiting to see what happens next and I'm being a very good girl listening to what I'm being told.  Having the computer and Kindle as well as wifi helps ease things, although it takes longer to get here to S&F and accomplish anything.    Even the food isn't all that bad.   :D

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Jeanne Lee, I hope you are feeling well and they release you from the hospital.

Got to run, getting ready for church.

JoanFL

Good morning. Phyllis.  I sure wish you could send some of the rain you've had down our way.  I, too, neglected wishing Amy and Don a Happy Canada Day--so here it is now folks.

Vanilla-Jackie--Sad that your daughter's way of life prevents a relationship with you.

Larry--Good morning.  I'm sorry that Pat has so much pain.  Good luck to her in changing her diet for whatever the reason.  We sure do get lots of lightning--during a storm they announce how many strikes and sometimes it's in the 100's.

Good morning, Gloria.  Windows 10 just seems to keep pestering you.  Your thanks are appreciated.

Jeanne Lee--Good morning.  Glad things are going OK while you are in the hospital.  Continue to be a "good girl".  I continue to pray for you.

Lindancer

Good morning. early for me. I have company comiing from up the Island, she said she might be here by a 11, so I have been rushing around, which is not good for me. 
Ginny use to clean my house before her auto acicident, hit by a nanny on a phone.
JeanneLee, I am so sorry to read about you being in the hospital, but I have a sign over my computer, my DIL gave me that say's Micacles happen to those that believe.  I think the mircacle you had was having to go see a new doctor. Now you are being taken care of. My prays are with you. You are so helpful to other, so your cyber friends also need you.

Sandy like June said your deserve a treat once in a while.

Phyllis, talking about ice cream, my favorite.   I love your graphic., thanks.

June, I love reading about you dancing.  Cause at night I have my favorite radio station on.  When they play Mac the Knife, Proud Mary, or Leroy Brown, I get up and dance, can't help it. Of course I can't breath for the next 5 min.

Prays have helped with my GS, He  is now in Pensacola Spine rebah hospital.  Maybe he will be able to walk again.

Larry, I think your friends will like Niceville.  Dennis bought his house there, while he was still station in Germany, but he knew has going to be station at Eglan AFB for a long time, his wife was also in the AF so they were going to be station to gether.  The bridge had not been built to Ft. Walton yet, when they moved there to Blue Water Bay Section.

Hi Joan, good reading.  It is now 11, so I had better send this.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

CallieOK

JoanFL

Good morning, Linedancer.  How nice that your former housekeeper is coming to visit.  I continue to pray for your grandson as he goes through rehab.

Callie--Good morning.

June Drabek

Gloria de, You have made my day bright and happy. It pleased me completely to find that you too have certain music that insists you get up and dance. Mac the knife and LeRoy Brown get me to moving too, but Pretty Woman seems to have a beat I cannot resist. And for slow dancing, "The Last Waltz", makes me feel 25 years old again..very romantic.

I had a very sound and restful sleep, woke feeling great, so the dance last evening did no harm. We are having a special service at Church today. Our Chaplain will discuss "Call 2 Fall". I have never heard of it before but he said it was a nationwide call to churches to to fall to their knees and pray. There will be few of any here "falling to their knees", but we can do it mentally if not physically.

Jeanne Lee, you are taking your stay in the hospital like the sensible lady that you are, I am proud of you my friend. I'm happy you have your electronic friends sitting by your side, it will make the time pass more quickly and can keep us connected to you. Please keep us posted on your progress. Prayers are with you.

It is going on 9 o'clock, so it is best I get my bed made and prepare myself  for going to Church at 10 o'clock. After Church I will have lunch with friends, and then home to hopefully do something constructive besides reading and sleeping. I must order my groceries for delivery..Wed. is the only free day for a three hour delivery window, and at that I will miss our Bible lessons, unless I can figure out a different time...I'll see.....Then, if God keeps my conscience niggling me, I will hopefully get some snail mail taken care of. That would be a satisfying Sunday for me.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND. 

Thank you, JOAN, for our nice new place for the week for us to gather.  I sure enjoyed all the goodies today. 

JEANNE LEE, nice to see you checking in already this morning.  I am glad they are keeping you there for now as they continue to monitor your BP.  I do hope things will work out and you will not have to go home on oxygen.  If you do then you will work that out too. Take care and rest up!  I just read our JUNE's message to you and what she said is EXACTLY what I am feeling....that lady has the best way with words....just love her SO much. 

JACKIE, I am just smiling like crazy as I read about how well Benji (and you) are doing.  Just so wonderful that you two were able to take that peaceful,walk together. I, too, thought just maybe your daughter and grandson were indeed there to actuall see you!  Why else would she just show up?  Of course we do not know her, so it is probably just wishful thinking on our behalf.  Hope you are having a nice evening. 

AMY, for sure I will be holding good thoughts and saying prayers for your dear hubby, and YOU, tomorrow as he goes through his surgery. 

Missing not seeing a post from you, MOLLY.  I do hope all is well with you and Mohamed.

GLORIA de, enjoy your visit today and continued thoughts and prayers for your grandson.  So happy to read he is in the spine center and doing better. 

JANIE, that chicken dish sure does sound delicious....my only complaint with the sauces that are ready to add is they seem to be so high in salt!  I will check the hide hole and see if there is any left for me to taste! 

LARRY, enjoy your day and tell Pat I am sorry that she is in so much pain.  Give a HUG from me too, please.

My Bob has a terrible tooth ache...it started late yesterday afternoon! Always seems something like this has to present just at the start of a long holiday weekend. 

We have Granddoggie Lola here with us for the week.  Her family is visiting friends in the town where they moved from in Oregon.  They are all having a wonderful time. 

JUNE, so happy to read your post....love that you enjoy your dancing SO MUCH.  Have a good day.

Enjoy you SUNDAY, 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Jenny, I don't have to restrict salt so I never register that when I look at values.  I did think I could look at it but when I went in the kitchen I decided that I wouldn't try to fish it out of the trash.  It's covered with coffee grounds.  You'll have to read it at the store.

Joan, I like the ice cream graphic, too, but I bet there's one person who could have done without it today.  After giving away her ice cream stash, she had to come here and see THAT!  Sorry Sandy!

I went by the Farmers' Market on my way home from church this morning and I got some good potatoes and a GREAT cantaloupe.  I've got it cut up and in the fridge so I can snack on that whenever I feel like it.  Put some in the hidey hole, too!

I not only forgot about Canada Day (sorry Amy and Don) but when my daughter called and invited me to a picnic at her house this evening, I asked her "What's the occasion?"  And this after having patriotic napkins and cupcakes at coffee hour after church.  I wonder if I'm getting senile?

June, thanks for the kind words about my activities.  I hope I can continue for some time also but It does not get any easier.  I just try to ignore the fact that I'm tired until I can flop on the sofa and collect some those extra zzzzs.

I was wondering about Molly, too!  I hope she's just busy enjoying Mohamed's visit.

JoanFL

Jenny--Sorry Bob has such a bad toothache.  I guess they don't have "walk in clinics" for tooth problems.  Do you have to take Lola out for walks or is your property fenced?

Janie--Like you, I don't have to watch my salt intake.  Yep--Sandy will just have to look at the ice cream cone graphic.:)  I like to have cut up watermelon and cantaloupe in the fridge for snacks.  Enjoy the picnic at your daughter's home.

Joy

Joan,   I left you something in the hidey-hole and have posted it in the :

Photos---- Old and New section.

Hope you will enjoy them.  And, you better hurry before somebody gets in there before you.

Joy
BIG BOX

Beverly

Happy Independence Day!

Our church had a wonderful service this morning. The choir was decked out in black pants or skirts, white shirts, and identical ties and scarves with flag printing. Even the sermon was slanted toward the meaning of the holiday.

It's hot out (what else is new?  ;D) but there's very little humidity. Makes for a nice day.

Jackie - So happy that you and Benji had a good day!

Joan - Two days ago we had a heavy rain. I was hoping you might be having the same, but in looking at the TV weather, it was not to be!

Lightning scares me......several houses in this area have burned down because of lightning strikes. When we're playing golf we stop at the first sound of thunder. I have no desire to be holding onto a metal stick in a thunderstorm! 

June - I would like to have your outlook. You have learned to live life to the fullest. It's a blessing to know you.

Larry - We are the same way..........Chape is the eternal optimist and I have always been the pessimist (I call myself realistic) ;). Over the years his way has rubbed off on me and I'm more optimistic than I used to be.

Jeanne Lee - Hope you will be able to go home soon but a few days rest in the hospital is good! Better to have your BP meds adjusted now than trying to do it at home.

Jane - That chicken dish sounds good. I'll look for the sauce mix when I go to the store.

Jenny - Sorry that Bob has a bad toothache. Is there a number you can call for dental emergencies? The dentist's office may be closed tomorrow for the 4th.

Gloria - Good to hear that your grandson is in the spinal rehab hospital. Praying for him!

Phyllis - I'll take the flavor near the bottom....black raspberry, my favorite!

Hal and Lloyd - Hope you are enjoying the day

Jeanne Lee

It is great to know so many people are thinking of me and praying for me.  We have so many stoics here and I try to be like that, too.  Several of the nurses and aids have said "At least you haven't lost your sense of humor."  I just figure better to laugh at things than get grouchy and make it difficult for everyone else, too.

My doctor is very thorough and is trying making medicine combinations and adjustments so that I won't need to go home with oxygen.  If that means an extra day or even two staying in the hospital I won't complain or try pushing before she thinks I'm ready.  One of the nurses asked today if I use a walker.  I told her I haven't yet but if I do need one I know exactly what its going to be like - It will have wheels (large ones) and a seat.  See, I've been paying attention to what you gals have!  And if I do have to have oxygen I'll insist on the what I think is the kind our Joan has - fairly small and portable if necessary.  So you see, all these years when I've been mostly lurking I've really been paying attention and learning. :computer:

Again, thanks for your caring and prayers.  I dearly love you all.   :xoxo:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JoanFL

Joy--Thanks so much.  I just went to Photos and left you a message.

Beverly--About  an hour ago we had thunder and lightning and about 10 drops of rain--not enough to even wet the driveway or road. Now the sun is out again and it's so terribly humid.

Jeanne Lee--You're the kind of patient all the caregivers in the hospital like.  I saw  that those who were cranky were avoided when possible.  If you have to go home with oxygen, ask for liquid  oxygen.  I have two big tanks (no electricity involved) that they come and fill every week.  At first I only needed one per week, but then my needs increased.  I don't care for those concentrators that  plug in, are noisy and you're in trouble if you lose power.  Then  I have a small unit that I fill from the big tank when I want to leave the house.  Love you, too.

CallieOK

Jeanne Lee,   you've been in my thoughts and prayers since you wrote about your going-to-the-hospital experience.  I'm encouraged to read that the doctors are trying to figure out what will help so you can continue to be as independent as possible.
Re:  walkers/rollators.     I think I've written about the one I got that is hot pink and has zebra-striped fabric on the carrying case under the seat, which lifts like a lid.  The seat also has a zipper pocket on the bottom.  To get it in the car,  I set the brakes, fold it and secure the fold with a Velcro strap attached to the crossbar.  I can lift it into/out of the back seat or the trunk of my car.

I bought it at a health equipment supply store and they were very helpful about adjusting it for my height, as well as the necessary paperwork. My doctor had given me a "prescription" for a rollator so Medicare helped pay for it.
It cost $128.00.

Last night,  I put a bottle of water, some salad tongs (in a baggie) and my garage door opener in the case, set my bowl of salad on the seat and "moseyed" down to the complex pond for a neighborhood picnic.  Since it was shady and there was a nice breeze,  I didn't need my sun glasses or sun visor when I got there - so I put them in the case, too.
On the way back home,  I stopped to get my mail and.....well, you know where it went.

Surely was nice to feel secure walking down the street and back without having to carry anything.
Everyone was to bring something to sit on - and I was able to wheel around to sit and visit with various friends instead of having to stand or be stuck in one place.

Needless to say,  I like "Pinkie" !!!!!

Quiet almost to the point of boring around here today and I don't think tomorrow will be any different.  Now that The Grands are scattered and busy, it's not that much fun to "hang out" with family.  There isn't anybody to play with.   ;)

Hoping Everyfriend Everywhere is having a lovely day.

JaneS

Callie, I have a "walker" in reserve also.  It came with my foot surgery and, with Medicare approval, it was free.  So I took it and now I'm prepared.  I call mine "Ranger" for two reasons.  I'll be able to "range" with it and Walker is a Texas RANGER!

I watched an afternoon of Golden Girls while I removed the wrinkles from my duds.  It isn't w**k if you do it with the TV on so no demerits.  And now I don't have to look like I slept in them...for a week...outside....in the rain!

Vanilla-Jackie

Myself and R got in two seperate downhill walks today with our Benji, same as yesterday...Our second walk around 6pm , again for the third time we bumped into new neighbours doing outside work to their parkhome, these are a couple ( Pam and Nigel ) who only officially moved in two weeks ago, such a lovely friendly down to earth pair, these are the ones with three small rescue dogs which come running up to greet you...Their parkhome is right next to a stream, they are having a high decking area built, the view will be lovely and calming when its done....
I also had some company from neighbour next door, Esme, lady who made herself known when we first moved in, I was very surprised when she told me the age of her eldest, I then told her you must have been very young when you had him, she said yes, I was 16....I told her I was 18, she said yes, we were both too young......Again such a lovely and friendly lady to talk to, to get on with...in fact everyone I have met so far on this site have been friendly and very down to earth...with no airs and graces......

angelface555

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday and those ill or hospitalized are getting needed care and getting healthy. I had my holiday on the first and nothing planned otherwise as rain here is expected until this Friday. Anyone wishing for rain will have to wait as Mother Nature seems to think we really,  really, need it this year!   :tickedoff:

The last three years have been like this more than sunny which is unusual for us and yet as it's a steady rain and not thunderous, the waterways are just siphoned off into holding areas and the rivers never flood.

I'm cleaning my oven today, it's nice that all the ones here are self-cleaning, but what a racket and smell! I swear I rarely use it!  :buck2: