Random Image

BossCallie and PitBull

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 24

Started by JoanFL, April 24, 2016, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Dear me, that is NOT good service. I would have asked for a new one !

Clipped the two dogs nails and did the neighbours dog too. Have cinnamon biscuits baking at the moment and a berry cobbler on for suppers desert . Maybe I will go play in the sewing room now  :thumbup:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Lindancer, thank you, ((( hugs ))) thank heavens I had my MS forum to fall back on, these last few days I have been very tearful and emotional, just a few posts on our forum got me perked up...Having MS themselves they know exactly what I have been going through since my bout of food poison, re, stomach bug.....sure it had attacked my nerve system....I am feeling more alive now.... :)

Re, Gloria, oh how I sympathise over the long loss of her computer, having gone through similar weeks myself....I was only wondering about Gloria this morning, thinking when was the last time she posted.....knowing our Gloria, she wont be happy with this company, any more than we were, are, happy with the one we have to be using....BT are still working on our compensation....

" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

June--I would have asked for a brand new computer AND an upgrade for the inconvenience.

Linedancer--Those ground hogs love to eat plants.  Around here the rabbits chew them up.

Thanks, Jeanne Lee.

Sandy--I, too, enjoyed those extra icons.

Kelly--I agree with your thoughts about a replacement computer.

Amy--Guess many of us agree about a replacement computer.  Will there be some cobbler and cinnamon buns in the "hidey hole"?

Vanilla-Jackie--Glad you feel better today.  I know you were without a computer when you moved, so you know Gloria's frustration.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Jeanne Lee

Seven years ago I bought a computer, HP, from Staples.  It quit completely after only about a month.  I had purchased a three year Staples maintenance so I took it back to Staples for repair.  I was told it had to be returned to the factory and the repair would be at least 3 weeks.  I said that was not acceptable and I would need to replace it.  They agreed to take the HP back and give me the full price against another computer.  I got a Toshiba for about $60 more and it's still running great.   I know people who swear by HP but I've never had any luck with any of their products.

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JaneS

Poor Gloria!  I know what I'd be doing if I were without a computer for so long...and it wouldn't be pretty!

I came home from church and put away the groceries I picked up on the way and then had a fashion show.  I'm trying to decide what to wear to the wedding rehearsal dinner.  I have have to invite my daughter over for a fashion show. 

I haven't decided what to do with the rest of the day but I'll find something to get into.  Have a nice day, Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Radioman34

Hello all. Checking in from the studio.

Amy

Joan, hot cinnamon biscuits are in the hidey hole, cobbler isn't quite ready yet but will put bowl fulls in when done...with vanilla ice cream.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Jeanne Lee--My first computer was an IBM, next and HP and since then I've had Dells.

Janie--I'm sure you'll look lovely whatever you decide to wear.

Radioman--I am going to go rest and "tune in".

Amy--Thanks.  I'll go check the "hidey hole".:)

June Drabek

We had a good service this morning, a guest speaker from the Gideons. They do marvelous works. Then I had dinner with three other residents..interesting ladies all, with lots of reminiscing,the we all gathered for another short service given by the Lutherans. Now I am home and getting sleepy, so I will listen to the body and go take a nice nap.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I made two more batches of dog food this afternoon and I have most of what my "doggie lover" will need while I'm away in May.  I have enough for 9 days in the freezer and I'll leave the rest for the other 3 days in the fridge for her to use at the beginning.  Now I have to begin cleaning the house so she doesn't think I'm a lazy, do-nothing old lady. 

And I bought a new screen for the door so I can leave it open for the doggies to come and go as they please.  The yard is fenced and they are pretty good about going out when the have to (or when there's something out there that just NEEDS to be barked at.  So I guess I'll get at putting that up first thing tomorrow. 

I've also squeezed in a nap so I'm ready for something else.  Maybe I'll cook something that I can eat all week.  And maybe I'll just get a cup of coffee and have one of Amy's cinnamon buns.  They look delicious!  Thank you Amy!

I'll be back later!  Enjoy your time!

JoanFL

June--Nice you were able to attend two church services.  It's great when you're able to join other residents for a meal.

Janie--How thoughtful that you prepare all the meals for your sitter to have while you are gone.  You can install a new screen door yourself?  I'm impressed.

JaneS

The meals are for the Casey to feed the dogs.  I get fresh fruit for snacks for her.  I think she eats at home with her parents.  Maybe she has lunch here.

The screen is not a door.  It one of those screens that hangs in the doorway.  Anyone can do that.  You slip a tension rod through the slot at the top, unscrew the tension so it's tight and....voila!  However, this one has a slight glitch.  You put some kind of permanent hook on top of the door frame and then there are loops that go over them.  I still have the old tension rod so I may see if it fits through the loop thingies and use it that way.  That's why I'm waiting until tomorrow.  I'm like Scarlett O'Hara...."I'll think about that tomorrow"!

JaneS

Forgot to tell you, there's turkey meat loaf and scalloped potatoes in the hidey hole if anyone is hungry.

June Drabek

Bis, our Janie amazes me at all she can do. She's a little power tool built into a human body.Bis they have prayer services and Bible studies scattered throughout the week.The second on today was put on by the Lutheran Church, just a short Communion service.

Janie, what ingredients do you use for your "home-made" dog food. I'll bet anything a human could eat it and enjoy it.

JaneS

June, the dog food starts with a pre-mix that I get from a place called EARTH ANIMAL.  It was put together by a Dr. Robert Harvey who is a real live Holistic Vet.  It has peas, carrots, oatmeal, barley, green beans and other stuff that I don't remember without looking at the bag.  You reconstitute it with boiling water. Add olive oil or some other natural oil and protein (turkey, chicken, fish venison, lamb, soy whatever you want and you change it from time to time.  It is all human grade ingredients and I'm sure humans could eat it.  I've never tasted it but it's odd you should mention it today because I was just thinking while making it, if this was all I had, I wouldn't starve because I could probably eat it.

Of course, I didn't.  I ate the turkey meatloaf and scalloped potatoes with a little applesauce on the side.

JaneS

PAT SCOTT, if you happen to look in, please check out Post #680 in the Follow That Name Game. A gift from me to you!

June Drabek

Jane, aha, I was quite sure the dog food you make could be ingested by a human being. Most of our little critters are more human than those that walk on two legs. My hopeful prayer would be that ALL God's four legged critters could be as fortunate as your two little buddies.

Lloyd Hammond

well the end of another lazy day.Good night everyone.sweet dreams. c u all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

What a lovely thing to say about my doggies and about me.  Thank you, JUNE!

I'm off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a peaceful, restful sleep and that you wake to a tomorrow blessed with everything you need!

Good Night Everyfriend!

Sun

Thanks, Kelly:  About Voice….  how do you use it? Do you talk to PC speakers, or what?  Where can you   read  about it ?

Larry â€" I’m the only one at our house that watches The TX Rangers ball games….and I don't watch any others…….just the Rangers.  They lost big time, last two games to the White Sox…oh, well.

So sorry that Glor had trouble with new PC.

I’m off for the night….my hand is really bothering me…I’ll be so glad to get it taken care of….I think? 

You understand,   good night.

Sun

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Monday morning......soon leaving for our new vets, a 10 am, app, our first visit.....Its our Benji's annual check-up and vaccine....told to bring along Toby so both can be weighed as the starting of their Advocate de-flea - wormer treatment needs to start.....

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.   There's blueberry toaster strudels to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

At the Zoo

On a trip to the zoo, I made a casual stroll by the cage of a laughing hyena. A young man was leaning over the bar at the edge of the cage, whispering something in the animal's direction.

As I stepped closer, I heard him say, "Did you hear the one about..."

Food For Thought

The State of Today's Church
(By Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.)
[Taken from A Birmingham Jail Cell Letter to Clergymen)

...In deep disappointment, I have wept over the laxity of the church. But be assured that my tears have been tears of love. There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. Yes, I love the church; I love her sacred walls. How could I do otherwise? I am in the rather unique position of being the son, the grandson and the great-grandson of preachers. Yes, I see the church as the body of Christ. But, oh! How we have blemished and scarred that body through social neglect and fear of being nonconformists.

There was a time when the church was very powerful. It was during that period when the early Christians rejoiced when they were deemed worthy to suffer for what they believed. In those days the church was not merely a thermometer that recorded the ideas and principles of popular opinion; it was a thermostat that transformed the mores of society. Wherever the early Christians entered a town, the power structure got disturbed and immediately sought to convict them for being "disturbers of the peace" and "outside agitators." But they went on with the conviction that they were "a colony of heaven," and had to obey God rather than man. They were small in number but big in commitment. They were too God-intoxicated to be "astronomically intimidated." They brought an end to such ancient evils as infanticide and gladiatorial contest.

Things are different now. The contemporary church is often a weak, ineffectual voice with an uncertain sound. It is so often the arch supporter of the status quo. Far from being disturbed by the presence of the church, the power structure of the average community is consoled by the church's silent and often vocal sanction of things as they are.

But the judgment of God is upon the church as never before. If the church of today does not recapture the sacrificial spirit of the early church, it will lose its authentic ring, forfeit the loyalty of millions, and be dismissed as an irrelevant social club with no meaning for the twentieth century. I am meeting young people every day whose disappointment with the church has risen to outright disgust.

Thought of the Day

“If you can’t go one way, there’s many ways to get where you’re going.  So you just take a step back and see beyond the wall.”

~ Cyndi Lauper

:smitten:

junee

Hello JOAN

So quite a few of the "little fellas "  above have returned but not your usual.
Our day is drawing to a close.  ANZAC day here when we have marches of veterans and services  to remember those who did not come back.  Think over there you have remembrance Day.
All I wish for is for the return of our forces from overseas.  Enjoy your day.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
sun has already been and left with a akin head. Bis and Jackie are lovely as usual,Jackie with aleing dogs.
wish you all a great day and all that follow.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Looks like we may get liquid sunshine today and they are calling for snow tomorrow!!
Helping a friend today this morning then home to play catch up here.

Sun, good luck with your hand .Maybe look into getting the Voice then you can still be in here while your hand is healing.

Jane your supper sounds delicious, love meat loaf.

Lloyd, good morning ,hope you have a great day.

Where is Kelly???

Jackie, hope the vet is a good one.

Joan ,thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm thinking about going shopping today.  I need some "church clothes".  I really hate clothes shopping any more.  I wish stuff would just stay in style...or all of my stuff would "come back".  I'm really downsizing my wardrobe...getting rid of things I don't wear and I'm being firm about it.  But summer is coming and I need some "church/out to dinner" clothes. 

I also NEED a haircut.  I'm thinking about doing that today but I'll probably x that out.  I really want to do that closer to the wedding.

Oh well!  I'll let you know what works out.  Have a lovely day, Everyfriend.

Vanilla-Jackie

Amy, thank you.....yes I am very Impressed with him....He was easy to talk with, explained everything in detail, very knowledgeable....So glad he picked up on Benji's teeth, tartar and gums.....Benji will be booked in for teeth cleaning, and depending on what else he finds, may take teeth out....I trust this vet, he answered all my questions, put me at eaze, especially when I brought up sedation and Benji's age, 13, on would it be safe to put him under....He had already checked Benji over, re, his heart, told me all checks will be done before going ahead, re, his heart, and will only go ahead once he is satisfied....I told vet Giles, why on earth did my other vet never pick up on the state of his teeth I will never know...Oh I had mentioned it in the past about his teeth but I never got any response on many of his annual check-up visits...This vet to me seems very thorough, straight, and trustworthy, also easy to get on with, to talk to, he even has compassion....think he could tell the fondness between myself and the dogs, as coming across as warm, by the way I hug them and talk to them as the vet is doing his examination and putting the dreaded needle in.....
Myself and R soon registered with our new Council to do postal voting as soon as we moved here.....a couple of voting papers had dropped through our door last week, one for how we would like our District Council to be run, we have two choices...baring in mind we have no clue as to how it has been performing, re, vote choice number one, how they run it now, or to go with vote choice number two, re, being a change to how it is run now....Hm, not much to go on......

The other voting paper is on election of Police and Crime Commissioner for our Dorset police...we have a choice of four  names....any one lend me a pin?
Jane S, sometimes when indecisive, I just go with the flow....Good luck on the choosing of your church/dinner outfit, I know with navy you can always play safe, and navy will never go out of fashion, can always change a belt, a scarf to jazz it up...nor will black, but black for a wedding is a definite no, no....
Oh and new vet also checked Benji's anal lump, said it had grown a little from previous vets measurements but this is since a year ago so again he wasn't too concerned...but he did give us the choice that while Benji is under sedation he could do a check to see if it is harmless or cancerous, but whatever he would leave it alone, baring his age, the choice will be ours on whether we want to know...we have both chosen not to know, so it shant be done.....

JoanFL

Good morning, Lloyd.  The sun is out here and weather prediction for next 7 days is HOT and HUMID--90° or above each day.  Thanks for the link.

Amy--Good morning.  Snow??  Oh my--and it's nearly May.  How nice of you to give your time and talent to help a friend.

Good morning, Janie.  I used to love shopping for clothes, but like you, I really dislike it now.  Good luck finding things you like.

Vanilla-Jackie--This new vet sound like a winner--very thorough.  Since you are new there, maybe flipping a coin is the best way to vote (or not voting at all).

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan, good morning.....I know I said good morning already, think I beat you by one hour, but I will happily say it again....

At least these voting papers aren't compulsory....I will in the meantime look these four names up, see it if gives any clues...If in doubt, stay well out...
:thumbup: