Random Image

Halloween Fi 1

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Follow That Name

Started by Kelly, March 29, 2016, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Francis Scott Fitzgerald

Amy

George Campbell Scott

George Campbell Scott was an American stage and film actor, director, and producer.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

George Sand
  French writer

Amy

George Patton.

General George Patton led the Third Army in a very successful sweep across France during World War II in 1944. He was skilled at tank warfare.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Ok Jane we will go with your Arthur Kennedy but I think you missed a page. :)

Bea Arthur
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Bea (Beatrice Gladys) Lillie - unforgettable as Mrs. Meers in her last film, Thoroughly Modern Millie.

JaneS

It sure looks like I did miss a page!  And I can't think of single BEA or LILLIE. So I'm giving up and going to bed!

MarsGal

Which is why I included her full name. I am sure there are a bunch of Gladys's around. But there is a very famous stage actress named Lillie from before movies and another very funny actress named Bea who was active in both radio and television comedies. Think on it.

JaneS

Actually, I slept on it!  How about Gladys Knight and the Pips?

MarsGal

Gladys Moore Vanderbilt, Countess Széchenyi

Amy

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Amy

Mary Walker

Mary Walker was a physician and women's rights activist who received the Medal of Honor for her service during the Civil War.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Alice Walker, author, poet. She is the author of The Color Purple.

JaneS

Robert Walker one of my teenage favorites!

Amy

Clint Walker

Norman Eugene "Clint" Walker was an American actor and singer. He was perhaps best known for his starring role as cowboy Cheyenne Bodie in the ABC/Warner Bros. western series Cheyenne from 1955-63.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Clint Eastwood Does anyone NOT know who he is?

Also, I did not know that Clint Walker was a singer!

MarsGal

Clint Black, country singer.

JaneS, my sister just last week saw Clint Eastwood's new movie, The Mule. His daughter, Alison, is also in it.

JaneS

I have a question.  There is a block marked "receive emails and alerts".  When I click it, a large block drops down that says 1)Not following,  2)No alerts or emails  3)Receive alerts and 4)Receive emails and alerts.  Absolutely nothing happens when you click on any of these things.  This is what I asked about before.  On the old website we got an email when someone posted on a website after we did.  We got only one notice but we could click on that and go directly to that discussion.

That's what I thought would happen when I clicked on "receive emails and alerts but NOTHING happens.  WHY?  An what is that box supposed to do?

Amy

William David Black

William David Black was an American pianist and teacher.

No idea Jane, ask Rick he may have an answer??
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

David Frost, TV host, writer. He died in 2013, at sea, during a cruise through the Mediterranean

JaneS

MarsGal

Honor Frost was a pioneer underwater archeologist. She is not as well known here as Peter Throckmorton and George Bass, who were also pioneer archeologists and who worked with her some projects. I think she should be.

JaneS

Honor Blackman the only movie I've ever seen her in was when she played Pussy Galore in Goldfinger opposite Sean Connery's James Bond.

MarsGal

Malorie Blackman, OBE, British children's author who was named Children's Laureate for the years 2013-2015.

Amy

Humfrey Blackman,

Humfrey Blackman, who embarked from London on August 10th 1635, was one of the earliest settlers in the new colony of Virginia, America.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

William Humfrey was a goldsmith who was appointed Assay Master of the Royal Mint during the reign of Elizabeth I.

Amy

William McKinley

William McKinley (January 29, 1843 – September 14, 1901) was the 25th president of the United States, serving from March 4, 1897, until his assassination six months into his second term.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

William Penn for whom Pennsylvania is named!