Random Image

Halloweenie

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:51:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Trivia Quiz 2016-2018

Started by RAMMEL, April 03, 2016, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

#10:  You would find it in a small lake located in an abandoned meander loop of a river channel. It is generally formed as river cuts through a meander neck to shorten its course, causing the old channel to be rapidly blocked off, and then the new river channel migrates away from the lake.

so_P_bubble

14. Hadron Collider at Cern - Geneva.
My former Chemistry/physic teacher from High School was hired by Cern!

so_P_bubble

MarsGal

2. Bohemia, which, I think, is now part of the Czech Republic.

MarsGal

Chia

Marsgal, Bubble and Angel..All Correct Answers.... Continuing,,

3.  "Les Fauves" was a name given to a group of artists that included Matisse. What is its literal meaning?

4.  What is the name for a line of poetry with twelve syllables consisting regularly of six iambic feet, with a pause after the third?

5. In which sport are barani, Rudolph and Randolph all techniques?

6.  Which gas is formed when a hydrogen bomb is detonated?

7. What color does gold leaf appear if you hold it up to the light?

11.  How many legs does a lobster have?

12.  The Cassegranian, Schmidt and Gregorian are all types of what scientific instrument?

13. What is a group of porcupines called?

Marilyne

#13: A group of porcupines is called, a prickle

MarsGal

That's cute, Marilyne. I never knew that.

Chia

Correct answer Marilyne..  How about trying another one....Continuing

3.  "Les Fauves" was a name given to a group of artists that included Matisse. What is its literal meaning?

4.  What is the name for a line of poetry with twelve syllables consisting regularly of six iambic feet, with a pause after the third?

7. What color does gold leaf appear if you hold it up to the light?

12.  The Cassegranian, Schmidt and Gregorian are all types of what scientific instrument?

Lindancer

7 green

11 no legs, the are claws

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Chia

Linedancer..Correct on #7...but not quite right for #11. Please try again...

Continuing:

Everyone try for a couple of more

Chia

EVERYONE NAME AS MANY AS YOU CARE TO

Continuing:

Marilyne

6. Gas formed when hydrogen bomb is detonated - Helium? (My husband's guess)

angelface555

#4 is a Iambic pentameter

Chia

Marilyne and her  husband are correct.. Sorry..I don't agree with Angel's answer..Please try again...and continuing:

EVERYONE NAME AS MANY AS YOU CARE TO

Continuing:

junee

3.   Les Fauvres literal meaning is “the wild beasts”

11.  A lobster has 10 walking feet.

junee

junee

4. Alexandrine.     ???

Chia

Junee  has answered all questions correctly except one...#5...Any and all can go for it ...

Marilyne

#5: In which sport are barani, Rudolph and Randolph all techniques? - Trampolining

I looked it up and was surprised . . .  I didn't know bouncing on a trampoline was a "sport"!

Chia

Marilyne...Yes..that is the answer I  have for #5  which ends the Quiz with these results:

1.  What musical term is indicates a chord where the notes are played one after another rather than all together?..ANSWER..ARPEGGIO..BY..BUBBLE

2.  Good King Wenceslas is a popular Christmas carol. But of which German country was Wenceslas king?..ANSWER..BOHEMIA..BY..MARSGAL

3.  "Les Fauves" was a name given to a group of artists that included Matisse. What is its literal meaning?..ANSWER..THE WILD BEASTS..BY..JUNEE

4.  What is the name for a line of poetry with twelve syllables consisting regularly of six iambic feet, with a pause after the third?..ANSWER..ALEXANDRINE..BY..JUNEE

5. In which sport are barani, Rudolph and Randolph all techniques?..ANSWER..TRAMPOLINING..BY..MARILYNE

6.  Which gas is formed when a hydrogen bomb is detonated?..ANSWER..HELIUM..BY..MARIYNE AND  HUSBAND 

7. What color does gold leaf appear if you hold it up to the light?..ANSWER..GREEN..BY..LINEDANCER

8. Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 is a musical tribute to which battle of World War 2?..ANSWER..LENINGRAD..BY..ANGEL

9. Which Jacobean dramatist wrote "The Alchemist"?..ANSWER..BEN  JONSON..BY..MARSGAL 

10. Where would you find an oxbow lake?..ON A MEANDERING RIVER..BY..ANGEL 

11.  How many legs does a lobster have?..ANSWER..TEN..BY..JUNEE

12.  The Cassegranian, Schmidt and Gregorian are all types of what scientific instrument?..ANSWER..TELESCOPE..BYJUNEE

13. What is a group of porcupines called?..ANSWER..A  PRICKLE..BY., MARILYNE

14. What is name of the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator?..ANSWER..THE  LARGE HADRON COLLIDER..BY..BUBBLE

Thanks to you all for your answers and have a Happy and Healthy Holiday with your Families and Friends :)

Marilyne

Thank you Chia!

Stay tuned in everyone!  In an hour or so, I will be posting a Christmas Song quiz!  I hope you will all join in. 

so_P_bubble

Chia, thanks!  First time there were so many I hadn't a clue to the answers! So I learned a lot... if I can  remember it :D

Marilyne

Christmas Song Quiz
Here are some easy to guess songs that you all will recognize.  Some were popular "Hit Parade" songs, and others are more traditional.  Two guesses to start.

1. If Only in My Dreams

2. I’ll be back again some day

3. Let your heart be light

4. Dressed in holiday style

5. Some turkey and some mistletoe

6. Hurry Down the chimney tonight

7. Soon the Bells will start

8. It’s lovely weather

9. Me, I want a hula hoop

10.  From the land where palm trees sway

11. The fire is slowly dying

12. There is no Peace on Earth

junee

1. I’ll be home for Christmas.

5. The Christmas song.

Chia

#4 Christmas  Bells
#3..Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Marilyne

Junee - Correct answers, "I'll be Home for Christmas", and "The Christmas Song".

Chia - #3: "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is correct, but #4: is not the right song title.  Try again, you''re close!

Remaining songs:

4. Dressed in holiday style

8. It’s lovely weather

10.  From the land where palm trees sway

11. The fire is slowly dying

Lindancer

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Chia

#4...Oops ..Let me try "Silver Bells"  ;)

Marilyne

Gloria de - Right answer,  #11 is "Let it Snow"

Chia - Correct title this time!  #4 is "Silver Bells"

Remaining songs:

8. It’s lovely weather

10. From the land where palm trees sway