Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (78).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Yarn, Needles and Crafts

Started by phyllis, March 30, 2016, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Lovely!  It reminds me that I never finished mine...  I better go back to it now that the weather will be cooler.

JeanneP

I have a larger Afghan not finished off also.  Now want it for the GGD new bedroom.
I don't know if my wrists will now be able to do all that crochet work on it.  I maybe have this lady who teaches at the Senior Centre finish it for me. Been over a year since I stopped on it.
JeanneP

alpiner1

I finally finished a pair of slippers for my husband .
They are from an old Leisure Arts  # 205 book . The book is for children's & women's slipper but I changed the instructions to make them larger .

so_P_bubble

They look gorgeous and very comfy.  I like the colors.

alpiner1

Quote from: so_P_bubble on September 27, 2016, 07:28:38 AM
They look gorgeous and very comfy.  I like the colors.
Thank you bubble !  I used 2 strands ,  solid gray &  a gray , blue & white varigated .

Lindancer

Alpiner, I think they look very confortable and would be warm also.

Friday, I will be teaching a class at Homemakers, how to knitt fingerless gloves, now they are also called texting gloves.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JeanneP

Alpiner1.  Love those slippers. I had a pattern but never tried. Loved doing slippers. Only thing is 3 years ago I did 24 pairs as Christmas presents all in the famiy along with 4 Afghans.  Put my wrists out.  Now crochet since but think I will try and finish a afghan I started then. Start soon.  The slippers I made were a big hit but now as nice as yours. Much easier.
JeanneP

SueB

Hello to you needlework folks.  I have not stopped in here in a long time.  I'm busy trying to get rid of as much stuff as I can.  This house and acre are too much for me.  No time for fun.  Well, that isn't totally true.  But it's much work and I want a simpler place so I can do more fun and less work.  So speaking of unfinished projects, I have an afghan going and it sits on the couch.  Maybe with getting back to S&N I'll be inspired to get my work done on the afghan.  So nice to read all your notes on your projects.

SCFSue

SueB, how nice to see your post.  We were just talking about you a few days ago--and were sorry we hadn't heard from you recently.  It sounds like you're doing well. 

SCFSue

Lindancer

SueB, I also join in saying it is good to see your post. I know I need to let go of a lot of my , I guess they call it stuff. It only has meaning to me. 

I taught a large class i fingerless gloves a few weeks ago at Homemakers.

Some are calling them texting gloves. I am also making them for Christmas presents.

SueB

Linda, I've seen those texting gloves.  They must be pretty popular.  Nice you can teach that.  I have a supply of yarn but must push myself to finish what I already started.

JeanneP

SueB.  Good to see you back in here. It has been awhile.  I also have got to get started on clearing out so much stuff.  Not in the mood to move yet but its getting harder to get people to work on things that come up and need doing.
Are the family still living in Florida?
I also have a afghan only half way finished. Think I am going to ask this lady if she will finish it for me. Crochet seems to bother my thumbs to much. That is my only place but now it seems like need thumbs so much.  No one in the family seems to bother with E-M anymore. they are into Texting.  Again need thumbs.  Don't like to do it anyway. Phones are to small.
Are you still using you Tablet?
JeanneP

maryz

Sorry about your thumbs, Jeanne, but you don't have to use them to text...I don't.  I just the trusted pointer finger.  LOL
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

maryc

Alpiner,   Your slippers are very nice.    I like the way they come up high on the front of the foot.   I wear the ballet type slippers around the house but I do have trouble with them slipping off at the heel sometimes and would like to have slippers that stay put better.    :)    I haven't done any needlework in a while so maybe I'll take another look at the patterns for slippers.

Mary C

SueB

Jeanne, the family does live in Florida.  Son is in Seattle.  I've seen him several times this year.  Heading to FL soon.  Maybe I'll take my needlework with me to finish there.  I hardly use the tablet at all.  I take it when I travel to check e-mail and do games.  I recall some time back spending lots of time looking for pattern online for knit and crochet.  I printed out many of those.  Guess I'll have to go look at what I have already.  Not much posting here of late.  Hope you are all well.

JeanneP

SueB
Enjoy your trip to Florida. Hope you are not driving in the TG Traffic. Just saw on the news that traffic on most interstates, specially Int. 1 Florida was moving at 16 miles a hour. Least you will have some sunshine.  Enjoy your Christmas there.
JeanneP

maryc

It seems as though our long lovely fall weather has gone and it is getting cold and stormy here in Western NY.   JeanneP,   you don't need to bother sending any more of  those wintery blasts out our way.    ;)
Anyway since the cold weather has returned to our neck of the woods,  I'm really enjoying my hand knit wooly socks.    I already have a pair on for the evening and my feet are toasty. :thumbup:   Thanks to those of you here who encouraged my along with knitting them a few years back.
Mary C

JeanneP

JeanneP

Lindancer

Good afternoon, cloudy day and warm for this time of year, To morrow it is suppose to be very cold, and i am suppose to go to Red Hat luncheon, at the food court in the mall, Our Jan. and Feb. meeting were decided to do at the mall.  If it snows that day we do not have to worry about restaurant reservations . Which  has happen before, if you were not  able to drive, the restaurant still wanted their money.

JeanneP, I loved that glitter bottle idea. I made a copy, and will teach it at home makers. Thanks, I am always looking for ideas. I have already taught the fingerless gloves. 10 people took the class.

Carol

Lindancer - I did not know you were known as deAngel previously.  Thanks for updating this information. 

SueB:  Hug to you on getting your life in a different order.  You are right to take time to make any decisions - wishing the best for you.  We are in Tucson for the winter and it gets more and more difficult to return to our high altitude home in Colorado (for Don) each spring.  The children live there, of course.  We don't have to make any decisions now - but who knows what is to come.

Anyway, I stopped in to rest my knees - aching because I am trying to sort out a quilt on the floor and it isn't as easy as home where I have a flannel on a wall - so much nicer to be able to look straight at the quilt layout. 

alpiner1

Afghan for Project Linus . The pattern is Alternating V Stitch &  Double Crochet .

alpiner1

Corner to corner pattern I used for a shawl . The yarn is RedHeart  Ocean . This pattern is easily converted to any size afghan .

Lindancer

alpiner Very nice patterns. I really the first one.

JeanneP

I like the first one also. Bet it goes fast.  Been a long time since I made baby blanket. Got a Afghan that needs finishing. Been in the box so Long half finished that I bet the months have gotten to it.
JeanneP

Joy

Alpiner,  I, too love the slippers you made for your husband.

Like MaryC,  I have trouble keeping slippers on my heels.  I like these because, like you, I think they would stay put better with the fronts  coming up higher.

Alpiner,  any chance of where I could find the pattern or would you be willing to share the pattern???  I like the wider toe, also.  They do look very comfortable.

Thanks.

Joy

BIG BOX

Joy

Alpiner,  I was able to find a used copy of that leaflet on Amazon and just now ordered it.  I saw a picture of the cover on the leaflet and  liked a couple pair of the slippers.  ( good old Amazon... can usually find whatever you are looking for.)

I hadn't looked at this site for a while, so glad it showed up on my  "unread posts" notice today.

Estimated delivery time is a couple weeks, but things usually come quicker than what they tell you.

Those slippers look just like what I am looking for.

Joy
BIG BOX

alpiner1

Joy I glad you were able to find the book on Amazon ! Its out of print .  My first book is very worn & I was fortunate to find another copy at a garage sale . Happy hooking !

so_P_bubble

alpiner, that first one is a beauty! 
Mine is waiting in the knitting basket since last winter.
I wonder if I even remember the stitch, but then that is not the problem. Just that I am feeling so lazy these days, very tired.

Carol

Hi everyone!  I have barely made a dent in my quilting lately but intend to take over the kitchen table tomorrow just to cut fabric. 

Thanks for the pictures of your really nice work! 

alpiner1

Remember the slippers I posted back in September ?  Hubby has been wearing them every day some days all day long . The heel of the soles need patching but I can't get them off him !! He has other pairs but...no !