Random Image

400ava

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 01, 2019, 05:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Yesterday was good news/bad news.......love the good news that the new med is working and doing what it should . Bad news is we are losing Kyle's RA Dr. and there is no one near to go to. The Dr said he is trying to set up a system of working over the internet, sort of like skype so we shall set. We go to the GP on Thurs., maybe he can find another one close by??

Today I take the van in to get the a/c fixed and the two missing bolts replaced. Then home to work about and may get some quilting done.

Phyliss, I also liked your serene garden...would love to sit out with a cup of tea and watch all the animals, birds, bees and butterflies amongst it.

Callie, how do the people get rid of the nest? Stay safe in the storm!

Shirley, you also stay safe and I hope all your furkids are inside when the storm comes.

Gloria de, we did have a nice trip, even got to see momma osprey on her nest!

Jane, I hope your head is not sore today..and I can't imagine your home being out of sorts that there would be much tiding up before that fellow comes.

Jenny, we did have a wonderful day out , dogs enjoyed the drive too. :)

Larry, do you have a donut cushion to sit on? Happy to read you did bump your head and oh my I do think the bubble wrap club for you, Lloyd and now our Janie!

I had better get ready to head to the garage.
Take care and enjoy your day every one.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Joy.... :hb3:  :hb2:  :happybday:  :hb3:  :hb2:  :happybday: May you be blessed with many more. Enjoy your special day..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I did post yesterday morning but cannot find it this morning. 41° and a clear sky to start the day. Sun finally showed up yesterday a little after noon time. When CNA left I went outside and enjoyed it for a couple of hours. Sun felt so good on my back the way I was sitting on the porch. Several other ladies came out and was almost like old times.

PHYLLIS  love the sound of your garden. Sounds like the perfect place to sit and enjoy life.

LARRY  so sorry you fell again, Your poor tailbone has taken a beating this week. I hope that is the last time you fall. I use my rollator all the time but when going to sit down I make sure I am close and put one hand in back of me to feel the seat and make sure I am close enough to sit.

GLORIA de  I love Lilly of the Valley, too, but have only seen the white ones. Do those purple ones have the same aroma as the white ones? If I lived near you I would want some to plant for myself, too.

SHIRLEY  just saw on the news about the storm on the way out there, Hope you don't float away.

JANE  stop trying to be like Larry and accidents. Hope your head is OK today.

Have a good day.

phyllis

Thanks to all of you who liked my meandering thoughts about my woodland garden.  As I think I said, it is a place that I find peaceful but it is not everyone's "cup of tea".  Those who like well defined paths and trimmed, weedless gardens do not like it.  Tom's sister and husband, whose own backyard was trimmed shrubs and wide open spaces with neatly mowed grass and NO weeds, didn't like it all.  To each his own.

Gloria de, I tried to grow Lily of the Valley when we lived in Dutchess Co., NY, but I was never successful.  I've never seen the purple variety either.  I wish I could sit and talk to you about it and all the other plants that you have grown over the years.

Larry, I can feel your frustration that your body is no longer doing what you want.  And, I worry about the falls you have had recently.  It is so hard to deal with these concerns but I am thinking of you.  Do you know the Serenity Prayer?  I say it to myself all the time.  Accepting the things I cannot change has always been the hardest part of life for me.

The sun is up and I need to be thinking about breakfast and getting on with my day.  I still have to catch up on the laundry.  A lot had accumulated.  BTW, I'm very happy to say that the new washer/dryer are working beautifully.  And, yes, Larry, even though I intentionally looked for appliances that had the fewest "bells and whistles"  I still feel like I need a degree in Engineering just to do a simple washing.  I wonder if ANYONE ever uses all those different features?

Please take care, Everyone. No more falls, please.  And, Amy, please don't try to pick up a Copperhead.  Their bite is very venomous and will make you very sick if it doesn't kill you.  But, they don't like humans anymore than we like them and if you don't threaten them they will just go on about their business.

And now...Farewell and Goodbye.  :hello:   
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  Started out a little foggy, but I see the sun trying to make an appearance.

What a special feeling I have this morning, coming in here and seeing all the wonderful Birthday Greetings. !!  What a great group of friends we have here.  I so appreciate all your nice wishes and thank all of you so much for thinking of me.  If I start naming names, I will surely miss someone.  So, I will just say A SPECIAL THANK YOU  to everyone.  It just gives me such a warm feeling to know all of you and how special you  all are.  I have had several early celebrations, so I think today will be a pretty quiet day.  One of my sons asked if I wanted him to bring dinner, and I said "No".  You have 
 done so much already.  My oldest son and DIL are away, but I expect to get a message or a phone call later.  And, I am sure the last son will be getting in touch also.  Plus, I have Mother's Day to look forward to, as we are all going out for dinner.  My birthday and Mother's Day usually come pretty close together. 

Jane, I am sorry that you bumped your head so bad that it made you cry.  That really makes me feel bad for you. I hope you are feeling ok today.

Phyllis, I accidently left you  thank you over on Norm's page. I always get mixed up when I post on both that page and this page.  So, thank you again.  I have to question your final message above....FAREWELL AND GOODBYE !!!  I sure hope that doesn't mean you are leaving our group.  ???

Larry, hope you are not hurting as much this morning.  When I was growing up, I was so skinny that my "tailbone"  always hurt when I would sit down.  Got enough padding now that it doesn't hurt anymore.  :)

Amy, sorry that you will have to start looking for a new doctor. That is never fun .

Shirley, hope you don't have any real bad threatening weather in your area.

I thank you all, once again , and hope all of you have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. it is 60º now and light rain, calling for 73º and thunder storms later today. we had thunder boomer's in the night. they are calling for same all rest of the week and they have been hitting the nail on the head right along lately. Have a great day just as you like it.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well I forgot to tell you all, Humming birds are back here and Nancy has the food prepared and out for them. we sure get lots of pleasure watching them. the are like children fighting. one will dive bomb one and while they running and chasing another will get on the feeder. hope you all are where you can and do have feeders out for them enjoy.

Lloyd

Shirley

One more Happy Birthday for you, Joy (and Janie's Daddy)...
I got all the zzzzzzzzzzzs last night but so broken up I am still tired. All 3 cats wanted outside, Tiger wanted in about 1:00am, had a snack of dry food & wanted back out. It rained off & on but no loud thunder. Tiger was waiting at the door again when I woke up this morning so she has had breakfast & already sound asleep on the couch. No sign of Tom or Callie & I always worry about them late for a meal. Did not think I would ever get tired of rain, but this is a bit much! I can hear the ground going "glub-glub". Would you believe I used to could hear the worms moving in the ground after a rain. Proved it many times when we had a garden & I could dig to show off. Like a robin, would go around with my head cocked to hear them.

Jane, I also always worry when hitting my head hard & remember hearing that "if the lump is on the outside you are probably okay, but if NO lump it could be swelling inside & press on the brain".  I wonder if that is really true?  One of my Mom's most difficult missions in life was to keep me alive!  Sincere sympathy, a bump like that can be so painful, the whole head & eyes hurt.  :anon:

Lloyd, I am jealous, hummingbirds don't hang around here long so I have several feeders we set up when camping in Colorado. Love to watch them go after each other. I have one that uses suction cups to attach to the bedroom window so the cats can watch them while laying on the bed. The cats pretend to not see them after a while & I never saw them try to catch through the window, smart cats, can't fool them.

My pool is running over, thank goodness the concrete around is lower on the side away from the house so don't have to worry about it flooding inside. Don't think we will be getting the street re-paved today & sounds like even tomorrow. Youngest son is stopping by when he gets off work, his birthday is Sat and he leaves for "overseas" that day (work).... Has to get those jobs done so he will be in town for his daughter's wedding the first week of June.  He won't eat since he keeps to a routine & this is the heavy work out evening. Guess I'd better get moving, have not had my breakfast & still no sign of Tom or Callie.

Did I tell you that I discovered a beautiful bright red columbine growing in the rock by my front door? It has a yellow "cone" in the bloom. I am thrilled, all the other columbine in front & back are the dusty pink color. At one time I had one that was all white & another that almost navy blue with white cone, but they disappeared. My flowers grow any where they like.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are to be mostly cloudy with some rain chances through out the day and a high of around 84 late this afternoon.  Yesterday was pretty much of a lost day for me as spent all of it, except about 30 minutes here in my office, sitting in my easy chair with heat to my lower back for a couple of minutes and then off and then again on throughout the part of the day I wasn't laying down.  I had a more comfortable night last night and was able to sleep on my back part of the night.  I did get my new gripper socks yesterday afternoon and really like them.  I won't be slipping in them and they will serve the same purpose as my house slippers.  I hope spend most of the morning here in my office as have several things I want to check out.  There is nothing else on the schedule for today.  One of the men in my Sunday School class came by yesterday with a quart and half of chicken noodle soup he had made and then sat down for a few minutes and we visited.  We had his soup as our supper last evening and it was very good.

Carol, a little inconsiderate for your friends not to let you know their plans in connection with visiting you.  One thing I always tried to do when we were traveling it let my hosts how long we planned to stay and any plans in between that would involve meals.

Lloyd, I hope you find the mirror for your RV that you want today. 

Lindancer, I am still looking for that "gold" in my golden years as it eludes me other than having options in what I do and how long it takes me to do it. 

Shirley, speaking about my falls and medical situation is that is what I have to write about and not a cry for sympathy.  I know our expressions here are of concern and not sympathy except for losses of loved one and friends.  I saw on the weather yesterday that your area is in for some really bad weather today as is the Kansas City area. I agree with you about the weather casters crying wolf. 

Jane, glad you take the mandatory nap when you need it and not push beyond that.  Sorry about your hitting your head on the top of your dresser.  It is easy to do. Is the house assessment for tax purposes?  Noisy aren't I but inquiring minds you know. 

Callie, I expect you are like us in not having a basement or other really safe place to so in the event of a tornado. 

Amy, I think doctors are using the Internet now with patients a lot.  Doctors seldom touch us anymore, at least that is my experience, and video works should work well as there can be an interaction between doctor and patient.  This is certainly better than just talking over the telephone.  However I hope you can find another RA doctor close by that is taking new patients.  We have two donut cushions and Pat said she saw them not too long ago but can't remember where and searching so far has not been successful.  I think I will just order another one so I can see if it helps.

Gloria, glad you could enjoy the sun yesterday.  Do you ever use a heat pad for your back.  I find it is very helpful to ease the pain for awhile. 

Phyllis trimmed shrubs and wide spaces in gardens are nice if you are able to maintain it.  However, I am like you and don't mind the type of garden you have.  I know the Serenity Prayer very well and have used it often and it is used in each Al-Anon meeting and I have attended several hundred such meetings.  I think accepting what we cannot change is probably the hardest thing for most people but is what has given me a lot of comfort and still does.  I don't think one can find many appliances anymore that are simple to operate.  My son has a steam feature in his washer that he really loves and he sweats so much and it does such a good job on his clothes. 

Joy, I could use more padding around my tailbone.

JaneS

JOY, I don't remember if I said
HAPPY BIRTHDAY on your actual birthday or now so her it is again....

[/HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOY!  AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE!b]

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
         🎈 J O Y  🎈

Mostly cloudy here this morning.....more rain and snow is headed our way😢😢

Our youngest son and his wife are currently flying home to Denver after spending  a few days in Cancun, attending a gathering of our DIL'S fellow employees.  They will stop by and pick up Oliver the Doodle on their way home as he has been staying with us. 

LARRY, as you can tell we are all concerned for you and feel so bad that you had another fall.  I sure wish I could share some of MY ample amount of padding for your back side! 

AMY, I am sorry to read that the RA Doctor is leaving the area.  That seems to be happening more and more these days.  I hope you will be able to find a new one.  I know of several people now that are being doctored on line....the only concern I have for that is if the patients do not have access to having their blood pressure checked and the like.   Many comment that their doctor never does ant "hands on" care anyway, so they do not see it as a issue.  Best of luck on the search.  Oh I bet those doggies did enjoy the outing!

SHIRLEY, a red Columbine sounds VERY special.....I bet it is pretty!  I do hope your weather has settled down, but sadly there is more storms headed our way, and ultimately headed for you😢😢

JANE, hitting one's head is never good......but I sort got concerned when you said were going to lay down.....might not have been the best thing to do.  I hope you had no other ill effects from the bump! 

I just had a alert come on my screen about a shooting at one of the high schools here in our area.....oh I do hope it proves to not be something awful!  So scary.

I wish  EVERYFRIEND a good rest of your day.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

This has been a busy day!

Even though I didn't have a list made out I decided that, if there was a handicapped parking space available at the grocery store, I would stop in after my hair appointment. If not, I wouldn't bother.
A lady was backing out of one  just as I pulled up.  :thumbup:
I knew I needed 4 things.  I came home with four sacks full!!!

Have also changed sheets, done laundry and made hummingbird syrup.  Was going to bring in the feeder to wash it before filling but a bee objected....and I didn't argue.  :)  Will do that after the sun goes down and bees go to bed.

Larry, a bedroom closet is behind the shower and on an interior wall between the two duplex units. That's about as safe as I can get without going underground or having a "safe room" taking up most of the garage.  Not sure I could handle going into one of those and shutting the door without having a panic attack.  I am rather claustrophobic if I don't think I can get out.

Amy, so sorry you're having to deal with doctor changes.  My GP of 40 years is retiring at the end of June.
 I really like both of the Physician Assistants and may use of them but I've heard good things about the young (very young!) doctor who is coming into the clinic so I'm going to him for my Wellness Check in July and we'll see what happens.

I don't know how folks get rid of the copperhead nests - maybe call Animal Control or just shoot them.

Joy, what do people in your area do if a nest with babies is discovered?

Gloria,  so glad you were able to sit outside.  I've been able to do so a few times lately and am really looking forward to the weather settling down so I can do more.  Do I understand that your son no longer has his apple orchard?  I know you'll miss that.  Always made my mouth water when you wrote about making applesauce.

Jane,  I agree about the wisdom of staying upright and awake after you hit your head.  Isn't this the day your company will be there?  Hope you're having a "ton of fun" with them.

Storms are "supposed" to move into the metro area "between midnight and 3:00 a.m."  Maybe I should take a nap?
Oops - there goes the dryer "yoo hooing".  Guess not......

Joy

Callie, I just saw your question for me.

There are several places where you can take abandoned animals like that.   My son came home from work one night and found a couple very young squirrels laying under a tree. He called a place near by and he could take them there. He had planned to go back to see if they survived, but I don't know if he did.  They can take baby rabbits or any kind of wild animals like that.  I would imagine you would call a different agency if you had found a raccoon, or an animal like that would be considered having rabies or a more wilder animal.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Joy I was asking about getting rid of copperhead snakes...not squirrels.  We're stuck with them  >:(  

Carol

Happy Birthday JOY!!!

Sad sad story here:  One student has died in the shooting and others are in hospital. The school isn't far from our church.  Two students arrested. 

Carol

Joy:  I am sorry that I had just written Happy Birthday to you then stopped to print the sad news of the school. 

Jane:  I am famous for opening a top cabinet door and hitting my noggin - so now, I really really try to raise my head slowly & look before standing -- it took years for me to understand  :idiot2:

Amy:  I just had to change my favorite doctor because of insurance change at their office so know the dreadful feeling.  I sincerely hope you find a perfect answer to your doctor search. 

Shirley:  Glad you have such a pretty flower - hope your rain simmers down.  It is cool here and rain plus perhaps a hint of snow this week.  At least we are not dealing with rock slides here but it is not good in the mountains. 

Larry:  It was the daughter's decision - she makes all the decisions for her mother and that will never change.  We hope to see our friend next fall.  That is not like my parents - they both had their own ideas and we went along with their wishes (most of the time). 

We live close and drive by two schools (one is jr. high, and the other is a Sr. high school.  My only gripe is the seniors don't stop their cars at stop signs & drive too fast.  Otherwise, we like to watch them practice track, baseball and especially the band.  Tears shed for the children and parents.  This is especially hard on the first respondents too.

Lloyd Hammond

well it is Late as usual i get interested In a good western movie and time gets away. so I bid you all sweet dreams. and if was not for bad luck I would have no luck at all, when a was mowing the yard the other day I ran over the tong end of the Joe dolly and bent the latch. when I tried to straighten It I broke it. cant repair it so have to buy a new Ball hitch to get new parts to fix it.It is welded on,so can't just change it. Have to take the good parts I need out of it and switch to  the old one. Hope to see you all in the morning.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Looking to be a lovely day .again here :) We are off to the city, the "other" way to get Kyle's glasses. After that we are going to travel across country to stop at the quilt store and chocolate factory and then home.

We are not looking forward to going through all this again to find a Dr but it can and will be done.

Cutting this short as we need to soon get on the road..

Enjoy your day everyone..

Jimmy Dean

phyllis

As soon as I heard the name Highlands Ranch I thought of Jennie and Carol.  I prayed that none of Jennie's grandchildren went to that school.  I don't know what we can do about these terrible events but the local police there seemed to have done it the right way in that they responded so quickly and perhaps saved many lives.  So frightening to send your children off to school and then have to worry that they will be attacked.  It makes me remember back in the Cold War days we were all worried about a Russian nuclear attack and all the school children had to have drills and get on the floor in the halls and cover their heads.  We had friends that went to great expense of digging and stocking a bomb shelter under their house.  When I asked him what he would do if it happened and their neighbors came to them seeking shelter.  His reply was "I would shoot them."  I was so appalled that I thought I would rather die than want to live in such a vicious world as that.   

Callie, if we shot any copperheads that we discovered we would be in more trouble than a snake bite would give us. Firing a gun within the city limits is a definite "do not do"!  If the snakes are a real threat to us we would call animal control but since we do not have children to look out for or pets who might get bitten we mostly just stay alert and stay out of their way.

I have been concerned about Jane's head and Larry's back and hope that all is better today and the pain has completely gone.

Amy, I hope you can find a new doctor close by and that something can be worked out.  I have  been with my doctor for 35 years and I am afraid she will want to retire soon, too.  It isn't always easy to find a doctor close by who will accept Medicare.  All of them say that Medicare rules are too restricting and that it is very slow to pay.

I have a free day today.  Laundry is done and grocery shopping won't be until tomorrow.
 What kind of mischief can I get into?  I'm thinking.....  :scratch:

I won't say Farewell and Goodbye any more, Joy.  I'm not leaving SS.  I'll just say Talk to you all again soon.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 50° now and will be in the mid 60's -so says weather gal this morning. No rain either, that is the best part. BUT rain for Friday and Sunday and Monday. Hope they are wrong again about the future rain. Too much already.

PHYLLIS  for myself I like the way nature plants flowers and plants, I do not care for the precise plantings. Do not like your "Farewell and Goodbye" sounds like you are leaving us. You cannot desert us.

JOY  I have no backside so have to sit on a cushion. Believe me I have tried so many different ones and after awhile I get another new one hoping it works better, even tried a donut.

LLOYD  a tenant here used to hang a hummingbird feeder in front of the porch and we all enjoyed watching them. Then the witch of a manager told her she could not do that. Anything we enjoy she will not approve.

SHIRLEY  if we get much more rain here the ground will be soggy with it.

LARRY  I have tried a heating pad but it never helped. So don't bother anymore. My CNA does give my back a good massage on the days she is here, feels good afterwards.

JENNY  another crazy shooting in another school there. Glad to hear they caught the shooter.

CALLIE  when I was at my sons at Easter I could see some of the apple trees with leaves coming out but could also see some that were dead and where he had already cut some down, Sad to see. He worked so hard out there after working as a welder all day.

CAROL  nothing worse than someone saying they will stop by and never show up, that has happened to me and next time they said that I felt like saying -don't bother.

AMY  good luck finding a new doctor that you both like,

Have a good day.

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. we are doing a repeat of yesterday. Light rain and thunder Boomers on  and off. close and then off in the distance, sure put a halt on my working on the Joe Dollie. so like AMY we will go to town but looking for parts not a doctor. Have a great day. Phyllis I think like you it is sad how is our way of life in so many ways. we are so busy we think we do not have time or wont take to love our neighbor as our own self. I thin of a saying i heard long time back,if you have a million friends you have not one to many, if you have one enemy too many. so i think we need some how get closer and leave it to god. have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria sounds like you all need to get together and go to owners and see if you can get rid of your manager, let he /she know you are paying rent for comfort and pleasure, Have a great day,

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning all!  Yesterday was a busy and time consuming day.  I'm sorry I didn't make it in but it had nothing to do with the knock on my head.  I do have a small lump (on the outside) and a very sore to the touch spot but I think those are the only after effects.  Thanks for asking.

LARRY, the assessment yesterday was a gentleman from the Union County Housing Authority.  They have a program that assists senior citizens to make repairs to their homes that will make them more energy efficient and safer for daily use.  I applied some time ago and this was the final appraisal following inspections by an electrician, a heating and insulation expert, a radon inspector, and several others that I've forgotten.  I've been approved and they are going to do everything on my list and a few things that their inspectors have recommended including installation of a new furnace.  I'm elated!  It's going to save me a bundle and make life a lot easier and more comfortable. 

I can't imagine having children in a school that suffers an attack like that in Colorado!  How scary to send your children off to school each day and wonder if they are safe!  My heart goes out to them and my prayers are with those who are suffering losses!  It must be one of the great tragedies of life to lose one's child at an early age!

I'm off to do my stint at Wally World later today. 

I know how it is to lose your doctor.  Mine retired about 4 years ago and the I wondered what I'd do.  The first time I needed to go in, I got the replacement one and after we did all the necessaries I said, "Did you take Dr. C's place".  She answered, "I guess I did"  I asked her if that meant that she was going to be my regular and she said she supposed so and she sat back and said "Let's get acquainted."  The first thing I told her was that I hoped she would be long term because I was getting older and didn't like a lot of change in my life.  She answered that her oldest child had just started kindergarten and she had promised her that she can graduate high school here.  I said, "That's probably long enough."  She looked about 15 at the time and I've grown to love her!  I hope those of you who are making changes have the same experience.

I wish you all a good day full of love and joy!  NO SNAKES! AND NO STORMS!

Joy

Good morning.  A little busy here this morning.  Over on Norm's page, I was the first one there this morning.  It is a little slow getting started over there.

I did mention that I seemed to have heard Jenny and Carol mention the area where the school shooting was. Although I had the name Highland Ridge and not Highland Ranch. I thought that was the area where they both were in.  I just don't know how people deal with kind of tragedy.  So senseless.

Thank you, Carol, for the birthday wishes.  I think all my birthday celebrations are over for this year.

Gloria, where I live, they also do not allow bird feeders anymore. They claim that the droppings from the birds draw rodents.  Several people had put them up and the people did enjoy watching the birds.  Our manager isn't considered  a "witch", but she does have some ideas and rules that a lot of the residents don't like.  She has always been ok with me, but I don't have much dealings with her.  I go down and pay my rent every month and other than that, I rarely see her.  She does seem to take a lot of days off, which she claims she is doing training sessions, but lots of the people really complain about her not being here as much as she should be. The activity director winds up having to do a lot of her jobs when she isn't here.  She is overwhelmed with her own work and then has to fill in for the manager at times. I am sure so many places like where we live have similar problems.

It is supposed to be a cloudy day with scattered showers later.  I have a feeling that most of the country will be having a very rainy summer.  Most of our rainy days seem to happen over the week ends. 

Jane, that is wonderful that you were approved to have some of your repairs taken care of.  I have never heard of those kind of services in our area, but since I am in a retirement place, I don't have to worry about those kind of things.  But, I am happy for you.  Anything to save some money is a good thing.  Hope you have a good day at work. Hope your sore head will soon improve. 

Callie, I am not sure how people deal with snakes around my area.  I really have never heard about a big problem with them. When we lived up in the woods, years ago, we would see little garter snakes every once in a while, and they sure didn't pose any big problems. 

I have had breakfast, and I think I am just about finished with things on the computer, so will have to look for something to get into.

Have a wonderful day.

Joy

BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are to have a mostly or partly cloudy day all day with a high of 85.  I have a doctor's appointment with the kidney doctor in about 2 hours.  Scott will take me so I can use the transport chair.  I did have a good day yesterday but not as peppy this morning. I tried to put on my shoes this morning but my feet were too swollen so have had to switch back to my house slippers.  I don't have much time to post this morning so will limit my comments.  I have read all of the postings.

Callie, I have never understood why builders don't make a closet a safe room.  It would add a few more dollars but there are so many of us that really have no place to go in a tornado situation and we see the picture of houses completely gone. 

Carol, I really have to watch getting into the car as have bumped my head on the door frame several times over the years. 

Phyllis, my backside is getting better each day although I am still using the heat when I am in my easy chair and have to work to find a comfortable spot in bed. 

Gloria, I ordered a new orthopedic type donut that will be here today and hope it works well.  It isn't the traditional donut ring and was a bit on the pricey side but if it works it will be worth every penny.  Your manager must be a miserable person.  Sorry that you get no relief from the heating pad. 

Lloyd, I liked your comment about friends. 

Jane, what wonderful news for you regarding the approval following your final assessment.  I hope you will be able to work less hours now that you won't be facing all of those home maintenance expenses.

JaneS

JOY, I hope my "sore head" heals soon too.  I don't like being a "sorehead"!

Carol

Jane: You are never a "sore headed person".

Oops, too many interruptions here, I lost my train of thought so now I am without thought.

It is pretty tough in our world, 

Carol

This is the latest news and I hope the last on this sad subject.
ONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. – A Colorado teen set to join the U.S. Marines this summer is credited with helping subdue a gunman during a shooting at his Denver-area school on Tuesday.

The Marines said Brendan Bialy helped saved lives during the attack at the STEM School Highlands Ranch. One student died, and two suspects are in custody.

"Brendan's courage and commitment to swiftly ending this tragic incident at the risk of his own safety is admirable and inspiring," Capt. Michael Maggitti said in a statement. "His decisive actions resulted in the safety and protection of his teachers and fellow classmates."

Bialy joined the Marines under the Delayed Entry Program, and is scheduled to ship out for basic training this summer.

Student Nui Giasolli told NBC's "Today" show that multiple students in her literature class jumped at the shooter, including the student who was fatally shot.

"They were very heroic," she said of the students who confronted the shooter. "I can't thank them enough."

What we know now: Colorado school shooting updates: STEM school to be closed this week after 1 dead, 8 injured

Denver

HELLO from a very dreary/rainy day in the Mile High City!

We are appreciative of this nice rain we are receiving however the cool down tonight with the rain turning to snow...not so much!

Unfortunately, as you all probably know by now, the alert that I got on my iPad yesterday as I was posting did turn out to be quite serious.  Thankfully it was not at any of my grands schools, but it was quite close to my and Carol's home.  One of my cousins was a student at Columbine at the time of that dreadful shooting and sadly her 9 year old son is a student at the STEM school where the shooting was yesterday.  Two times THIS MONTH my grands schools have been put on lock out and a parent has to come to the school and sign them out with picture ID. All after school sponscored activities are cancelled.  How sad that our children are having to live in this terrible reality these days.🙏

LARRY, good to read your backside is feeling better.  I hope the "donut" will help ease your pain.

PHYLLIS, your "farewell and goodbye" did get a rise out of us....sure glad you did NOT mean it the way it was taken🥰🥰. Bob and I were talking today about our fire drills and the Cold War Times where we went to the hall ways and put our heads between our knees....like that was going to help IF a nuclear bomb hit!  Sadly, our young ones have so much more to deal with now😢😢.

Many want to get on the band wagon and blame guns and this and that.......I personally think there are SO MANY factors involved.....and the top of my concern list is VIDEO GAMES.....they are so graphic they make me ill just the little experience I have seen them.  I am afraid young people today have become numbed to the reality of life and death!  The other concern is our pushing God out of everything....schools, pledges and the like....so very sad.

JANE, I can well bet you have a sore spot on your head......just want you to feel better.  So pleased to read about your getting help from the country housing authority for Update to your home.  That is very good news. 

I best post this before I do something dumb and loose this....I have been working on this off and on all day.

Have a good evening, EVERYFRIEND.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"