Random Image

Fe Fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of February 19

Started by JoanFL, February 19, 2017, 03:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS Glad to see up and bright eyed. I am back up I hope for the day.
But my vittles are still high and that nagging headache won't seam to go away.
Have a great day.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  When something gets on the floor of the oven, it can sure make a mess.  Enjoy your company today.

Janie--Good morning.  I'll "shake a leg" just because.:)

Good morning, Lloyd.  I sure wish you could get rid of that headache.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone... 
It is going to be another very nice day here on the rocky coast of Maine.      Cool and Sunny. 

I am getting ready to go off with Kelly this morning. 
We used to go off on Wednesday,  but have changed our day out now to Monday.    So I am up and raring to go.

Joan,  I hope that you get everything done before
Joe returns on Wednesday...   

Have a good day,  EVERYONE.

Sandy
:swing:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

Good morning, Sandy.  Enjoy your day out with Kelly.  I am about finished with what I must complete before Joe returns.

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Gloria

Good morning everyone, yesterday was a rare day for winter. Warm and sunny. Was almost 60°. I spent most of the day outside enjoying it. Sat on the porch in the sunshine with a book. Then a few others came out and I put the book away.  Later in the afternoon a few more came out and it was like when I first moved here.

JEANNE LEE  yesterday was a nice break in winter. Even the wind was calm. I remember once when I was 9 or 10 when we had our February vacation from school we were outside with light jackets on. When we had the Easter vacation we had to wear our winter coats and there was a lot of snow on the ground.

HAL  hope that good feeling in your back lasts a long time. Next week I see the pain doctor again and let him know the shots at my spine did not help. Hooray you found your keys.

JOAN  glad Joe will be back Wednesday for a few more hours. Any time spent with our children is great.

GLORIA de  yesterday was too nice for February but that warmth was much appreciated and enjoyed. I do not trust this weather. I still had my winter jacket on and one lady did not even have a sweater on.

AMY  wish you were my neighbor. I would like your company. I might them be the one getting some of the good food you share.

JOAN  I think I told you before-never say you are sorry for not being here at times. You do so much for us and you do have a life away from the computer. When a family member is there they are the ones you really want/need to spend time with.

JUNE  yesterday almost all of us had our windows open. Felt great getting fresh air in here. The manager will not let us open windows in the winter incase the heating elements freeze and crack.

JENNY  wonderful for Dr. Dave. Have a safe trip home.

JOAN  an elephant ear will hit the spot this morning. The sky is blue, the sun is shining so it is already a good day. Chuckles is just about right. Thank you for all today's goodies.

AMY  cleaning the oven is not fun.

JANE  I heard you so here I am, had to sit down to shake a leg though.

LLOYD  hope that headache goes soon.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is another beautiful morning and we expect to get up to close to 80 today.  This morning I want to make Pat some more sausage muffins as she finished up her last two for breakfast this morning.  This evening is the United Methodist Men's monthly meeting.  We always have grilled steak or grilled chicken with a salad, potatoes fixed different ways, and a vegetable item.  Following dinner we have a speaker.  On Saturday I did complete my income tax forms but must wait for one final document to confirm the initial figures they provided and then will go over the returns again before submitting them. 

JaneS, I had never really priced out the cost of our housekeepers on an hourly basis but guess it is in line with what they are charging in other locations.  We only have her come every other week and that works for us.  I hope you can find someone soon.

Hal, was glad to see you found your keys.  I hope your area escaped the storm down your way last night.  Our housekeeper does cleaning like yours and Pat has had her do the windows over a period of weeks, with one or two each time she comes.  She also will sweep out the garage if one of the cars is gone and the porch and patio. 

deAngel, I remember one year when Buffalo had so much snow and hearing of people having to get on their roofs to get some of the snow off as it was so heavy it could come through the roof and do a lot of damage. 

Amy, our current housekeeper also sits with a man who can't be left alone so his wife can get out occasionally.  She said she always brings him an ice cream treat that he likes.  She always says if we need anything to let her know as she leaves each time.  She is a nice lady who we trust and feel comfortable in leaving while she is here. 

June, if you drink three or four cups of coffee a day the type of coffee maker you have is probably less expensive than the Keurig as the coffee pods it uses are not inexpensive.  However, in our case we were throwing out coffee.  I very seldom drink coffee and my wife likes one cup in the morning with her breakfast and sometimes a cup when we have a salad meal. 

Jenny, I bet your dad enjoyed seeing all of your grand kids as you obviously did.  It sounds like a day you will remember for a long time.  Hope you have a good and safe drive home.  What an honor for Dr. Dave's clinic. 

Amy, sometime ago my wife got a silicone liner to put on the bottom shelf of the oven.  If anything spills out you can just remove the liner and the material comes off easily and the liner is easy to wash.  Pat does get the Connecting Threads catalog so expect she is aware of the new backing and she does order from them on occasion. 

Gloria, maybe you will be able to enjoy more time on the porch this year visiting with your friends there.

JoanFL

Sandy-- :thumbup:

Good morning, Gloria.  When I talked to Jackie yesterday (Central NY) she also said it had been very warm for this time of year.  I will enjoy when Joe comes back Wednesday.

Larry--Good morning.  Your weather is much like ours today.

JaneS

I was just outside and I noticed this bright glow in the sky seeming to be coming from the Southeast.  I wondered aloud what it might be and it suddenly hit me...IT'S JENNY!  My congrats to your dr. guy!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

JoanFL

Jenny--Janie reminded me that I forgot to congratulate Dr. Dave.

Thanks for the reminder Janie.

Phyllis--Hi!!

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Jenny, congratulations to you and Dr. Dave.  I have lots of admiration for wound doctors since I had the services of one here a few years back.  The new knowledge they have contributed to healing is outstanding.

Will be later. 

JoanFL

June Drabek

Good Morning all, another cool and cloudy day in Stanton. I had a slow start this morning. My motor didn't want to kick in, so sleep overcame the second time around.
Finally got down for a bandage change……great news….no more bandage. I can heal the wound openly, but they want to see it again tomorrow.

I have a whole bunch of stuff from Amazon saying it is shipped, but some of the stuff will take two weeks to arrive. I joined Prime, and thought there was an advantage to it…but evidently in not all orders. I wish they were more obvious is what is Prime and what is not.

Nothing big is planned for today and I am content with that. My mind wants to go back to sleep again, so I will allow that to happen.

Jenny I am so happy for you to have had this great visit with family members. Your Dave sounds like the kind of doctor we would all like to have. You and Bob did a great job in raising your family.

Janie, I shook my leg, and it growled at me and said…"STOP IT ! and go back to bed."

Hal, my curiosity has got the better of me. I must go and look up "wound doctor". I seem to be attracted to wounding myself. I feel so free being Un-bandaged today, I am praying that I do no more accidents.

Time for another cup of coffee. My eyes want to go back to sleep.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JoanFL

June--That's GREAT news that you don't have to be bandaged.  As to Prime--items eligible for Prime say so next to them OR if they are inexpensive and deemed not worth being shipped alone, it will say "available as an add on".  You are correct that not all items are eligible for Prime.

angelface--Nice of you to get June a cup of coffee.:)

JaneS

JUNE, next time, try shaking the other leg.  Or I'd let you off the hook and you can shake your hand! 

I have the day off today.  No school and no work for Kiran's Auntie Greta so they are spending the day together.  I've had my nap and I brought supper home from Craig's birthday party last night thanks to my generous daughter, Cathy.  I guess I'll go put the dishes away from the DW.

It was such a beautiful day here today that I opened the windows and let all the winter blahs float off into infinity.  I hope they never come back.  After this beautiful prelude to Spring, I think I'll be able to weather whatever the Winter has left for us and trust in the coming of Spring!

JoanFL

Janie--Glad you've had such a good day.  One thing for sure--SPRING will come.:)

June Drabek

Patricia, thank you…the extra "cup" helped a lot. Plus, I did fall off to sleep again while reading. Do you prefer to be addressed as Patricia or angelface ? They are both lovely names.

Janie, my hand would probably be the safest thing to shake, even shaking my head makes me dizzy. I just want to keep sleeping today.

Bis, thanks for the info on Prime. I really do like shopping with them. I ordered some groceries this time too.

The sun peeked through the clouds once or twice today, but it is remaining overcast now. Makes me shiver, and want to crawl back into bed.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

June, one is my given name and the other a family nickname. After all these years, I tend to answer to both. I don't care for Patsy, Tish, Patty or Pat however.

JaneS

I had two movies on today and I enjoyed both of them.  One was called SERGEANTS THREE and starred Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop, Peter Lawford, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.  It was a comedy western.  The other one was John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in THE QUIET MAN. 

Now I'm ready to think about going to bed and it's really early for that.  I don't know why I'm so tired.

I made some of my calls to people who clean houses and I had to leave messages for 2 of them, one number was no longer in service and the other one didn't answer.  Finding someone in a small town isn't as easy as finding someone in cities, I think!

I'm going to bid you all GOOD NIGHT because if I fall asleep, I'll wake up in Zombieland and I don't communicate well from there.

So  Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Carol

Jenny:  Sorry that we missed seeing you here.  It sounds like every minute of your time was taken for good reasons.  Congrats to your son on running a great staff and all those involved! 

Amy:  I caught a glance of your quilt picture and now am trying to find it and blow up the picture so I can see it better. 

We went to Kneader's today and Don had a half croissant with chicken/cranberry stuffing while I had the Irish Stew.  I had the leftovers tonight - that was so good. 

JaneS.  Good wishes for you to find some very good help. 

angelface555

The guy who cleaned my apartment last month charged a flat fee of $25. an hour, but I see why so many recommended him. He was very organized, very fast and efficient and thoroughly cleaned my entire apartment, including walls and ceiling in three hours.

I can see using him once a year, but not on a steady basis. For what I need doing, fourteen or more an hour is too much on a fixed income. I would rather wait until I am forced to seek outside help.

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning, Everyfriend.   There's French toast and sausage patties to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a great day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Strange Zen Sarcasm

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.

2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.

3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

5. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Food For Thought

Whose Neighbor Am I?
By Arthur Schoonveld
Scripture Reading: Luke 10:25-37

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 10:37
The teacher of the law who came to test Jesus was in for a surprise. Instead of engaging in a theological discussion about inheriting eternal life, the Lord asked a simple question, “What is written in the Law?” Without hesitation the legal expert answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Jesus then said, “You have answered correctly. . . . Do this and you will live.”
It’s that simple. But for some reason the teacher of the law wasn’t satisfied. So he asked, “And who is my neighbor?”
It’s a question worth asking. Are we to love all the people in our lives? Do I really have to love the unlovable people in my life? Do I have to love that disrespectful student in my class or that obnoxious person I work with? And do I have to love people who have made a mess of their lives?
In this parable the Lord points out that the real question is not “Who is my neighbor?” It’s real¬ly “Whose neighbor am I?” Am I willing to be a neighbor to whomever the Lord places on my path, and do I practice it by showing compassion and mercy?
That is a question we all need to answer. How do you answer it?
Lord our God, open our eyes and help us to know whose neighbors we are to be, and give us the grace to reach out in mercy and love. For Jesus’ sake, Amen.

Thought of the Day

The choice to rejoice leads to an attitude of gratitude.

--Author Unknown

:smitten:

Lloyd Hammond

angelface555
with the blunders I have made in the past and put me in the fineshell shape I am in I could not afford the first hour.have a great day.

Lloyd

JoanFL

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I loved your offerings today, Joanie.  Especially the one about who my neighbor is.  Thank you for all your efforts on our behalf.

I get the impression that some of you think it's an indulgence to have someone come in and do some cleaning once or twice a month.  Maybe it is but if I do find someone to do some cleaning for me, I won't have to exhaust myself and I won't have to look at the big things that need doing and know that I am unable to do them.  I'm sure that's true of most who have people to do some of the chores for them.  I will continue to do what I'm able and if I do hire someone for help, I will consider it money well spent.  I have never had anyone to help do chores before since my kids were teens.  They began helping around the house as soon as they were big enough and they are all good housekeepers.  But they have their lives to live and I have mine.  If I have to give up something else in order to live in a clean house, I will do so.

I'll be off to WM this morning to meet my public.  I like my job and standing doesn't seem to be hard for me.  People are what makes life good.  I like to think I have some regular customers who would miss me if I wasn't there. 

Right now it's only 28º but it's supposed to get into the 50s again today.  This is my kind of winter!  I wouldn't mind if it just stayed like this until May and then warmed up!

Make today a good one!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

The snow is taking a kicking here with the fantastic weather giving it a boot!!! Today we are to get rain so that too will put the run on it. We still have 2-3 feet of snow  so lots of water to go into the ground.

Hubby wants to get his hair cut today so off to the city we go.Chemo normally makes one lose their hair but with him it seems to grow faster???

Carol you made me hungry with the chicken and cranberry sandwich,gosh that sounds good!! If your talking about the green Irish chain as friend of mine is going to do one in soft pastel blues and yellows. Can't wait to see that one.

June, way to go..that must be so nice in not having a bandage on..now please please don't fall and get anymore owies!!!.

Jenny, how proud you must be of Dr Dave and what an accomplishment for all his hard work!

Joan ,thank you for breakfast..

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Good morning Jane
No not an indulgence, just being smart looking after yourself! You work too hard as it is and this will give you more time to spend with your fur kids .Plus haven't you earned this treat? Aren't you worth it? You are doing the right thing ...so I do hope you find someone . Maybe ask at church if anyone knows of a person that does this??
Have a great day at work.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning Janie.  Glad you enjoy the one about neighbors.  You certainly should have a housekeeper to do the things that you can't do or that are difficult to do.  For myself,  it's a necessity if I don't want to live in a pig sty.  I am physically unable to do the cleaning.  I hope all in your line at WM today are wearing smiles.

Amy--Good morning.  I am sure you are glad to have a reprieve from "dancing".  I lost all my hair with chemo, but I felt in the grand scheme of it all, that didn't matter.