Random Image

switzerland

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryTX

Bubble, I love your bags.  I have several fabric bags in the trunk of the car, but never think to take them into the store.  Now that I order most of my groceries online, I use the plastic bags to line trash cans and the rest go into the recycling bin.  I can't think of any stores around here that still use paper bags.  They used to ask "do you want paper or plastic" and I always took paper.

Mary[color]

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

jackwv

MaryAnn and MaryTX   Here is one that I would never even get near to, and they added a special effect of broken glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0NJsr5m4I

so_P_bubble

Even with  eyes closed I would not venture there!

MaryTX

I would :) but I don't know anyone who would go with me!! :)

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

Joy

Good morning.  Some interesting "talk" this morning. 

Jack, I am not afraid of heights, but not sure if I would fly in that Airlander10.  But, I did send the link to my son, as he flies a lot and I am sure he would love a trip on that.

Bubble, we have very similar fabric bags as the ones you showed.  I have about 10 of them, and when I do go shopping, I will take several of the larger ones with me. 

Our county just passed a law where we can't put any plastic bags in the recycling bins.  We used to be able to put  the recycled things in a plastic garbage bag, and mark them with a big  "R"  and put them  out with the trash. Can't do that anymore.  Right now we are having to take the things out to the bin and dump the items out of the plastic bag into the bin.  Many of our residents just aren't able to do that.  So, there is a lot of controversy over what will be decided on.  Most of the residents are just putting their recycle things in with their trash.  I keep mine in a big trash bag, and when my son or DIL come, they take them out to the bin.  It is surprising how much less trash I have, with the recycling. 

All of our grocery stores have bins where you come in to put in the plastic grocery bags.  I do save paper bags when I get them to put all my shredded paper stuff in them and then tape the bag shut and just put the whole bag in the recycle bin.   

I need to get a move one.  I don't do mornings very well.  Takes me most of the day to wake up. LOL  But, I do have an appointment to get my hair done at 1:30.   I still am not feeling all that great, but getting my hair done always "perks" me up.

Have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary...
...my ticket is on it way over to you...enjoy your flight... :2funny:

Jack wv...
...I'll be passing on your glass bridge too...my balance is already bad... :o
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

Bubble nice bags! Locally we have those type in many fabrics, styles, and colors sold in the various stores because we get cash back if we use them for our groceries and pay if we do not. Like Gloria, I use the plastic ones for cat litter.

so_P_bubble

I wish I could print some of my "PSP creations" on real bags!

angelface555

Why not? Would you be able to go to a local shop that does the imprinting or mail them out? I'm sure that there are kits for DYIs.

so_P_bubble

Never seen shops like that here.  Kits for DYI?  You imagine or you really know?
Of course would also need to find suitable blank bags...

angelface555

All you need is time and an inkjet printer. We have stores that will do it for you such as Michaels or Jo-Anns and other less widely known craft stores. There was an article on Google about screen-printed bags for an Israeli film festival.

https://www.google.com/search?q=screenprinting+designs+on+bags&oq=screenprinting+designs+on+bags&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.15117j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Shirley

At one time you could take a photo to one of the print shops & then buy a fabric medium to rub over it & iron over the canvas fabric & there was your photo color.... in reverse if you didn't have them do that first.  You can also buy all kinds of fabric paints to create on just about anything.... will wash & go through the dryer & stay brilliant.  I've had my best results using regular oil paints with the medium (from Hobby Lobby or Michaels).... equal parts & once dry I use a "press" cloth... old handkerchief or tea towel) to set the paint. One sweatshirt I've washed dozens of times, still have it in the corner of a closet.  You can buy the blank canvas totes or aprons, etc. at most of the hobby shops.

so_P_bubble

Shirley, you live in America! lol
Here hobby shop don't carry that and there is very little choice in what you can buy.  I could not even find big pebbles for painting, only the small rocks like for the floor of an aquarium!

so_P_bubble

Posting for JaneS

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

There's one little girl that's going to enjoy life & be a whirlwind.  What a doll, Janie, and still see her being a lot like you!

Bubble, doesn't Amazon deliver?   ??? ::)   :'(  I still haven't tried the new paints I bought to take camping last year... for on textiles, wood, rock, etc.  Water clean up so should not be smelly to haul home whatever I paint on in the RV.  One year I painted sweatshirts & pants for the grands for Christmas.... they were young & seemed to think it was cool.  My art supplies always were paid for by the art work, whatever was in at the time.

so_P_bubble

Shirley, no idea if they do, probably yes but postage is prohibitive. Not worth it.
I did paint a T-shirt last year with "permanent markers" for clothes.  It was a very colorful stylized fish,  quite nice, but the T-shirt was bad quality (Bangladesh) and totally lost its shape with the first washing. Became short and wide! So did not repeat that.

Joy

Jane,  what a cutie !    Emma certainly is growing up fast. 

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

I told my daughter and my granddaughter that they have to send photos to my email so I can forward them to the lady who posts them.  When I told Cindy that she and Ali send me pics from Texas and OKla. so I can forward them to Bubble in Israel so she can post them somewhere in the USA, they were amazed.  What a wonderful world we live in!

Thanks for the nice comments!  She is growing up too fast.  But last week I had a face time phone chat with her.  That was better than a picture or even a movie!  They will be at my daughter's in Sept. so I'm expecting more face time phone contacts. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

jackwv

Jane, what a joy she must be.  Facetime is great when you can't be there for a hug.

FlaJean

Jane I love those two photos.  A lot of personality showing through.

Lindancer

Jane, what a beautiful smile

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Jane, I hope you like Reba McEntire because that's the first thing I thought when I saw that impish grin!  She could make Scrooge smile~~

JaneS

I love getting the pictures and I laugh....through my tears!  I want so much to be there to hold her, hug her and watch her grow and develop her talents!  You miss so much!

SHIRLEY, I love Reba McEntire and I see what you mean.  That smile has the bottom lip going down just like Reba's

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

donklan

My Integrated Backyard Feeder

Bunny...Chipmunk...Bird...Squirrel

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

FlaJean

Donklan, looks like you found a solution to keep the squirrels away from your feeder. :thumbup:  Is that a slinky?

jackwv

Don I have seen video of the squirrels fighting the slinky.  How is it doing for you?

donklan

A couple have figured it out but I would say it is about 80% effective.

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

Sato

Cosmoses here and there

Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

so_P_bubble

What a lovely sight to come to in the morning! Thank you Sato :)