Random Image

Ge and Maddie

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:11:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

When I saw the picture of Tom, I wondered when I had posted a picture of Kendrick like that?  It is a favorite way for him to relax.  Then I realized where I am and whose cat it is (I just got up and I'm not awake yet).  Their colors are so similar.  Cute picture of the two of them.

Mary Ann

jackwv

Just came across this link, that I am keeping for future browsing.   Loads of photos, even old ones, of each state.  The link will take you to West Virginia, but you can click on the link to take you to any state.  Worth a look!!

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/west-virginia/wv-fairy-tales/?utm_medium=bsts&utm_source=bsts&utm_campaign=bsts

Mary Ann

Jack, I did browse the WVa site, then went to Michigan and Wisconsin.  I still have Minnesota to do, but I spent a lot of time with this site.  I loved it; so much to see in every state.  Thanks for posting it.

Mary Ann

Shirley

I did look & bookmark, Jack, thanks.... really a neat place to look around.  Guess we can visit all the states we travel to & find new
places to check out.  That antique mall is where our old ice rink used to be, as well as some other businesses.  Our house was about 2 miles west & less than 1/3 mile north off the highway.  I didn't know about the antique mall. 

Mary Ann, I almost didn't post the photo of Tom & Tiger because his eyes didn't look as gold as they really are.  They are both asleep on the bed behind me right now, I think I'll join them.   :thumbup:

Hal, the cats know what that camera means.... if I'm not holding food bowls that clink, they usually don't pay any attention.

Bubble, wish you could go camping with me, the cats are company but hard to get them to appreciate a beautiful sunrise or sunset.

so_P_bubble

So I wish, and... I like cats too, so they would have lots of attention.  One can dream...  Maybe in another life?

Lindancer

Good afternoon, on a lovely summer day

Shirley, love the picture of your two cats.

Jack, I am going back and check that site, thanks for posting.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Took these an hour ago, from a distance, using zoom, from my back garden...It was our annual air show...the Red Arrows formation display was being held 6 odd miles away over Weymouth Beach, Dorset UK...at times it flew over our home..Sorry no close ups, these were the best I could get...

" There is no present like the time "

jackwv

Jackie, wonderful photos, so fortunate you had the camera ready.   

Marilyne

Jackie - Very impressive photos!  Beautiful!

FlaJean

Great photos, Jackie.  I especially like the second one.

Shirley

Awesome photos, Jackie!  So much better with those huge tails showing, glad you couldn't get any closer.  :thumbup: 

OOPS!  Power has gone off again so will shut down, have a T-storm slip in with no warning at all.  Has the TVs & all go off twice so far so not going to start re-setting clocks until it is all over.  Came right back on but doesn't help re-set clocks~~ :tickedoff:

Thanks for all the comments about my "kids".... and when I head to CO I will be sure to take y'all along, be trying to remember all
the road work to share pleasures of waiting... ::), should be cooler.  I enjoy the drive about, 550 miles to the Walmart parking lot from my house.  I usually get there with plenty of light to spare but will have shorter days this trip so can't leave quite as early.  With all the deer in both states it isn't smart to drive at dawn or dusk.... especially with an elephant like the 29' 4-Winds, no quick stops or dodging critters on the highway.  But it's nice & mostly peaceful.... lots of wide open spaces in western KS & eastern CO. 

Vanilla-Jackie

At times they separated, hard to know where they were going to show up next, had to keep listening for the noise...The most fascinating one was when they made a blue and red trailing heart in the sky...

JeanneP

Jack. Now is that a photo of Your yard are did you take it in the park?. Looks Beautiful. Such colours

Bubble. Maybe GS will be a hair Dresser when he gets older.  I prefer a man Doing mine. Lots own the business.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Shirley.  You use to see so many Motor Home parked late at night and early morning on all lots of Walmarts lots.  I know my kids use to park their big Fancy Bus type on on them.  I live close to 2 big Walmarts and I never see them there anymore.  You don't seem to see as many going down the highways anymore either.  Gas doesn't seem to be as high now.  I know the Family one only got 6 miles to a gal. 

Now can you stop on the Rest stops now. I know as one time you could but not allowed to sleep.

Now 550 miles is quite a lot  to drive one isn't it in one daylight time? I have only used a regular 30ft camper and didn't go that far.  Now in a car I would go 800 or so. Cut it back to no more than 500.
JeanneP

jackwv

JeanneP   that was Oglebay, I do not do flowers.   

angelface555

Loved everyone's photos and photo comments, especially Jackie's! And Jack, I'm glad you made that photo into an avatar! Looks nice even mini!

so_P_bubble

It is such a pleasure to visit this discussion.  I enjoy all the pictures and the variety of vistas.

donklan

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

SCFSue

Thanks, Don Klan!  Funny and quite a treat!

SCFSue

Vanilla-Jackie

Donklan...
...no, but I am aware of them now... ;D ...thank you for my early morning laugh...

...this reminds me of a village Jubilee we went to see, have you heard of the " Red Barrows " formation display? what the planes done in the air, the " Red Barrows " done on the ground...a few minutes of pure fun...

https://photopeach.com/album/n22y89

jackwv

Don and Jackie, thanks for the entertainment.   Jackie good you saved your work on Photo Peach.

Mary Ann

I saw many familiar names in the comments group, including one who I have wondered what happened to her - AieaGal.  I remember she was from Alabama and I think her father lived in Birmingham but she was from southwest of there.  She used to have interesting posts about her family and she did not post often.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes I remember Aiea Gal...another very respected member we seem to have lost...

jackwv

If anyone has old email addresses of former posters, you might email then and invite back in.  Believe some were confused with the last loss of the site.

angelface555

Many post mainly on Facebook as it's a wider audience and with family.

jackwv

Pat, you are right, but facebook more complicated for some, and nice visiting in here with old friends.

angelface555

Actually, it isn't more complicated than newcomers find coming to this type of site formatting altho it has more potential for malware. I agree with this site is nice for visiting with old friends. However, it is losing a lot of posters and prospective newcomers.

jackwv

Whatever :)

angelface555

And I guess your comment explains some of that.

jackwv

Hot and humid, so out late this evening.  Did not take the camera, this was with the iPhone.

[attachimg=1]