Random Image

Lynn Franz

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of May 8

Started by JoanFL, May 08, 2016, 04:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

SODA SHOPPE
for week of May 8

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend, on this Mother’s Day.  There's a breakfast buffet to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “Mother’s Day” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Babysitting

A young man agreed to baby-sit one night so a single mother could have an evening out. At bedtime he sent the youngsters upstairs to bed and settled down to watch football.

One child kept creeping down the stairs, but the young man kept sending him back to bed.

At 9pm the doorbell rang, it was the next-door neighbor, Mrs. Brown, asking whether her son was there. The young man brusquely replied, "No."

Just then a little head appeared over the banister and shouted, "I'm here, Mom, but he won't let me go home!"

Food For Thought
Mommy

You brushed my hair and tucked me in,
Made me laugh for hours on end.
You kissed my boo-boos when I fooled around.
Mommy, you never let me down.

You held my hand as I got my shots
Then took me for ice cream that hit the spot.
You bought me Polly-Pockets and Barbies too.
Mommy, there's no one quite like you

You held my hand as I walked through the door,
Then you met my teacher as I stared at the floor.
You told me it'd be fun, and I'd make friends too,
And for that reason, Mommy, I love you.

You listened to me talk about the drama and boys
Then taught me how to handle it with class and poise.
You spoke with wisdom and of things you know.
You love to hear me say, "Mommy, you told me so."

You love the Lord with all you heart,
And you're kind and gentle and pretty and smart
If I could be anyone, I'd pick you
'Cause, Mommy, the world would be better with two of you.

You've taught me so much, with more in store
And with each day that passes, I love you more.

Thought of the Day

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
~Tenneva Jordan

:smitten:

Kelly

Kelly

Good Morning Jackie
Not see you in here yet.

Hope the sun is shining and you get some of the 70F weather the UK is due.  Not sure the Isle of Man will get 70F though.

Have a good day.

Kelly

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Sunday morning, weather is dry, sunny and pleasantly hot today, did have some rain over the night...
I made a suggestion to R to go into Lulworth, somebody told us of a nice garden centre over there....we could do with a couple of nice planters either for front or the back, we shall see how my leg goes, whether I do decide on going....
I am still looking online for a church, most churches are on a circuit system, ie, this church today, another of their churches next week, then another the following Sunday, I have yet to find a church that has a service same time, same church each week....When I phoned one church up a man got back to me saying..." you wont find any churches like that around here..."
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning everyone.
We had liquid sunshine during the night with some ice pellets . This morning is nice and sunny, temp a little chilly but the sun will hug the day and make it warmer.

We are going out for breakfast this morning. Then I am going to do laundry and hang it out. Have some sewing to do plus get my gear ready to go sewing tomorrow.

Phyllis, thank you for the beautiful graphics.

Jackie, good morning  hope you have a wonderful day.

Kelly, good morning.

Joan, thank you for the delicious buffet.

Enjoy your day everyone and Happy Mother's day to the ladies.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We also had a few leaky clouds during the night.  Right now, it's a cloudy 50 degrees with sunshine and temps in the lower 60s predicted.  I can handle that!

I'm running a bit late this morning and not feeling up to par so I've decided that God will forgive me if I don't make it to church this morning.  I'll be going over to Cathy's for Craig's Egg Surprise for brunch. He does the cooking and Kyle does the cleanup for Mother's Day.  It's a fun day for everyone! 

I hope you all have a good day full of the love of family and friends!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good  " SUNNY"  Sunday morning !!!   So nice to finally see the sun shining this morning.  This was sure a long, drawn out rainy period.

Happy Mother's Day, too, to all the wonderful mothers out there,

I want to thank you all for the many nice birthday wishes yesterday.  I had a very nice day and will continue to enjoy this special weekend with dinner with my family today,  My middle son,  Jimmy, took me to breakfast and then we went to a nice Amish Farmers Market . Got some goodies and will be enjoying some of them for my breakfast this morning.

Thanks to  Lloyd, Jane, Phyllis, Patricia, Larry, Jenny, Hal, Gloria June and Carol for the very special greetings you all took the time to wish me.  (Hope I didn't forget anyone).  So nice to be remembered by my  "cyber friends".   

Hope everyone will have a great Sunday.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Joy
you are welcome. The birthdays are alright But today is the one we should all pay special action to. all the hard work you all done raising our children and above all else the sacrifice.may you all have the best day ever,

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good morning, Kelly.

Vanilla-Jackie--Good morning.  It'd be nice for you if you get out and get some planters.  It's too bad there's not a church that has a service every single Sunday.

Good morning, Amy.  Hopefully the sun will warm things up there.  How nice to be going out to breakfast.  That's my favorite meal to go to a restaurant for.

Janie--Good Morning.  I certainly hope you get to where you're feeling chipper.  Enjoy Craig's Egg Surprise and Cathy's and your time with family.

Good morning, Joy.  You get to celebrate two days in a row.  Enjoy your Mother's Day with your family.

Lloyd--Good morning.  Thanks for your kind words about mothers (or anybody that has performed in a Mother capacity).

Vanilla-Jackie

Well you guessed it, went out happy, came back in a mood, three guesses who put me in it...

Joy, you left me out but, you did thank me yesterday...  ;)
" There is no present like the time "

Kelly

Hi Amy
Good morning to you.

Near 2.0pm here and sunny now.

Enjoy today.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Joy
Always nice to send a Birthday greeting to online friends.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Joan
Sunny here now, it does make you feel brighter when it is sunny.

It sort of lifts the spirits and that is good for all of us.

Kelly

Jeanne Lee

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY

TO OUR MOTHERS, GRANDMOTHERS, GREAT GRANDMOTHERS AND ALL OTHERS

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Kelly

Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies on S&F

Mothers Day in the UK and the Isle of Man was Sunday March 6th

Kevin

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this Mother's Day.  It is a beautiful morning and will get into the high 80 before the day is done.  I hear the birds chirping away outside and yesterday found the tiny egg shell so know there is a baby bird in the next tucked away in the corner of the front porch.  We will go to Sunday School and Church this morning and then come home for lunch as Scott is fixing a special dish for his Mother as his gift to her.  It will be nice to spend a couple of hours with him this afternoon.

Kelly, did you take and umbrella with you on your walk yesterday?  Is the weather better today, although a rain is always a blessing unless it comes in an overabundance. 

Gloria, it sounds like the lady who falls out of bed every night needs and alarm system of some type to be sure she is awake or to put a pad beside the bed to cushion the blow.  In the nursing home I have seen them just put the mattress on the floor to protect the patient.  Glad your external hard drive is now working properly. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all our Mothers. Looks like we will finally get some sun later. That is what the weather guesser just said. About time, too.

PHYLLIS  beautiful Mother's Day greeting this morning.

JOAN  a breakfast buffet is just perfect today. Everything looks yummy. Food for thought could not be more perfect for today. Thank you for today's goodies.

KELLY  have a great day.

JACKIE  hope your leg is good today so you can go to that garden center.

AMY  not raining here now and things look dry for a change.

JANE  hope you feel better as the day goes on. You have been so busy since you went back to work.

JOY  I had my Mother's day with my 2 sons here yesterday. Great having them both here together.

LLOYD  good morning.

JEANNE LEE  beautiful blossoms in your greeting.

LARRY  that lady falling out of bed is now going to a nursing home. No one happier than me to have my external working. Years of collections in there.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

As we pulled into the restaurant about 2.5 miles from home we saw snow covered cars!! They got snow in the little village near us, glad we didn't get the snow!!

Joan,I love having breakfast out  even for lunch or supper too!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Vanilla-Jackie--Sorry you got your happy mood disturbed. :(

Hi Kelly.  Yes, the sunshine is lovely.

Good morning Jeanne Lee.  Thanks for the beautiful floral graphic.

Larry--Good morning.  How wonderful that Scott is fixing a special meal for Pat.  Enjoy your time with him.

Good morning, Gloria.  GREAT  that you're to get some sun.  It was nice that you could have Mother's Day yesterday with your two sons.

Amy--Oh my--snow on Mother's Day.  I, too, could eat breakfast food for any meal during the day--especially if I don't have to fix it.

Joy

Jackie and Kelly,  please accept my apologies for not including you both in my "list".  I am so sorry.  I  felt like I had left somebody out, but didn't go back and check the whole list.  I will try not to let that happen the next time.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Good Morning,

I had several Mothers DayS last week - in their homes and mine.  Fun times!

Belated Happy Birthday, Joy.

JoanFL

Good morning, Callie.  How nice to have several Mother's Days.:)

angelface555

Good morning everyone and especially for the mothers and those acting on her behalf today!

We are tending more to the sun than clouds this morning at 6:44 am but you can see another cloud layer creeping over the western foothill so probably another as you make it day!

Farrah, my new cat is gracing me more often with her presence, instead of under the bed, as well.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,
from the cool and still cloudy, 
rocky coast of Maine... 

I know,  as soon as Summer arrives,  I
will be complaining about the heat... 
Mostly,  I would just like to be able
to see more Sunlight shinning in my
windows,  as it makes everything so much
more pleasant.   

I hope that everyone has a great day, 
and happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers
of this world...

Sandy
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

I wish a Happy Mother's Day to all women who have borne them or have loved and cared for them.

I am so thankful that God entrusted what he created to have me care for down here.

We had sunshine earlier but now it is cloud cover. I had opened my windows, but if this continues I will have to close them soon. Will be going down for Church at 10, and then on to dinner, then home to do whatever..I want to order groceries and a few other things on line, but sleep may be calling first. Had a nice 7 hours, but the body calls for napping.

I hope we hear from our Hal..that heaviness he was experiencing in his arm and leg sounded a bit scary.

Phyllis and Jeanne lee both treated us to beautiful Mothers day graphics today. Thank you ladies !!!!!!

Time to start the day's activities..will see you all later. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

And a Happy Mothers Day to all of you Mom's, Grands and Great Grands.

Lindancer

Good morning, early for me.  Would you believe it is still raining here. They maybe we will see the sun to morrow.

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers here.

Joan, thanks for the wonderful breakfast.  I have been invited across the street, they do not want me to be alone.  But to be trueful, I would rather set here and watch golf. Cathie will have about 20 people over to her house all family, and they are always so kind to me, but with my hearing and of course they are doing a lot of family talk.  I just set and listen.  I guess it is my age taken over, I appricate there asking me. I know if I do not go she will send dinner over.

Jeanne Lee and Phyllis thanks for your cards. the are both beautiful.

Gloria, I am glad to see you now have everything working on you PC. It is nearly noon here, but no blue sky in sight, still dripping.

June, I know how you feel like danceing when you hear NY,NY, I use to teach it, and would wear a top hat, and hold a cane. The other morning on my favorite radio program, the played Cab Driver, by the Mill brothers.  That was the first line dance I taught.  My feet were moving while setting in the chair, but not the rest of me.

Amy, glad to see you are almost home, safe and sound.

Patricia, I knew your new kitty would come around, with love and a little attention is all it takes.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JoanFL

angelface--Thank you.  Apparently Farrah is becoming more familiar with her new home.

Good morning, Sandy.  Thanks.  I'll try to send some sunshine your way.

June--Good morning.  I'm am blessed to have been given three children.  I cherish each of them.  Enjoy your dinner.   I am worried about halkel, too.

Edit--Good morning, halkel.  Hopefully you are feeling better this morning.

Linedancer--Good morning.  So many folks have had endless rain, and all we had in 6 weeks was one day.  How thoughtful of your neighbor to always invited you so you won't be alone.

Kelly

Hi Larry
After working out in all weathers for 26 years, if I get wet it is easy to drive my hair.  A little rain won't harm us!

Kelly