Random Image

smaller flag

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Windows-10

Started by RAMMEL, March 29, 2016, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Hi Rammel
Back again as I said send and I had not finished.

I use the the microphone on Google to search the Internet.

I compose my posts on an app on the IPhone called 'Notes' and copy/paste into S&F .

Kelly

RAMMEL

Quote from: Kelly on April 05, 2016, 03:18:51 PM
Hi Rammel
No finger typing, only one thumb on the computer if the voice recognition is not working.
But on your Smart Phone you do use your thumbs?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Kelly

Hi Rammel
Mostly the microphone on google and on Notes and when I text with WhatsApp.

But when I need to, one thumb typing with my right thumb.

kelly

so_P_bubble

As of this morning I have lost the possibility of using Icons, bold, colors, images. links, etc in S@F replies.  I use w10

Anyone knows how to return to normal formatting?

donklan

SO_P

Are you using EDGE?  I have never been able to access those features with the  EDGE browser.      Don't believe other users have either.

But other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox seem to be able to use those features using Windows 10.

APPARENTLY HANDLED IN COMPUTER Q & A FORUM......................

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

so_P_bubble

Never used Edge but Firefox is my usual browser.  I have no idea what happened. It returned to normal after I re-booted, but only after I used CCleaner as well.

jackwv

I just tried the Font Face, Size etc  using Windows 10 and Edge, it did not work. I went back to IE and here.  It works.

Unable to explain but I made Seniors and Friends a Favorite in IE that opens to the Welcome and Forums.  I then go to the
discussion, like this one and they all work.   :)

Use this as my favorite   http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?action=forum

JeanneP

Gosh! you people are making me think less and less of going over to W10 soon.  will stick with my W7 I think long as we can.
JeanneP

jackwv

JeanneP   Do not know how others feel, but I am delighted with 10.  Know more is coming at us and just trying a bit to keep up.

Sandy

i like Windows 10 also....
I use the Google Browser,  and things are
working fine!

Sandy
:idiot2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JeanneP

I am sure that W10 will soon be working the way we will all like it O.K.  It took a little time before all the others became as perfect to us as we like.  Each just gets to be a little more technical.  My SIL who is in the business say for me to just wait for a few months before getting a new computer with W10. Give MS a time to get the bugs out. I have had all them from when windows started and never have jumped into the last 3 right at the start up.
JeanneP

jackwv

Lot's of reports this morning about removing Quick Time due to security risks.   Giving the link to just one.  I removed it from my Windows 10 and suggest you might do for other operating systems.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/how_to_uninstall_quick_time_fo.html

SCFSue

Well, I for one, am not happy with Microsoft putting Windows 10 (attempted it yesterday) without asking me if I'd want it.  I immediately canceled the down load.  I had enough work getting used to 8.1.  I don't do anything on my computer except e-mail and a few web sites.  I am happy with 8.1 and have sent them a message telling them why.  I'm hoping they don't try again with Windows 10.  For those of you who are more into computing, you probably don't mind having it downloaded without your permission, but it really ticked me off.  I'm sure they'll try again and I am going to tell them if they try a 3rd time, I'm going to dump my computer and get an apple!

SCFSue

RAMMEL

Don't want Win-10

Go to http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Take a look at "GWX CONTROL PANEL"

It's fairly simple and clear. I have it on my Win-7 laptop.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JeanneP

Now MS still keeps popping up for me to install now.  Always a way to clik. Later.  No way to say never.  Just download now or later is the choice .I do the later.
JeanneP

angelface555

There are several ways to stop the MS W10 download and Rammel has shown you a good one. Another way is to change your downloads from automatic to do it yourself.

donklan

I am well aware of that but at some point in time.....upgrading to 10 may become a necessity.  What they are saying is if you wait until after the cutoff date, you will pay for it.

angelface555

donklan, I wasn't necessarily talking to you, but to others who are having trouble with unwanted repeated attempted upgrades.

I was one who downloaded ten when it first came out and the only issue is that my start menu disappeared recently. I did find a way to click start and the menu appears on my desktop, on and off with a click; but I want the original drop menu back.

donklan

PAT..............

I haven't run into that problem but what bothers me is the failure to be able to sort, arrange and move favorites.  It was easy in Chrome and Firefox.

My other problem is my screen goes to sleep every 4 or 5 minutes, requiring entry of a password to reawaken.
I have all 'sleep' settings set to "never" and no screensaver selected.

angelface555

I don't use Edge, I don't like it because it won't let me use Adaware Plus and has adverts everywhere! I use Fox. I was speaking of W10 and not a browser when I was talking about my start menu on the desktop.

I didn't like Internet Explorer either  for a browser and have never used that unless I was compelled to.

donklan

Any problem with constantly 'going into sleep mode'?

RAMMEL

My problem is with me going into sleep mode. Fortunately, I don't need a password to come back (yet).

I will keep my xp as is till it fails to give decent service. Then it will get a wiping and re-purposed with a different OS. I see places still selling systems with xp and upgrade availability to W-10.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

angelface555

I have no idea, but it sounds to me that somewhere, somehow, there is a switch for sleep mode that has been turned on. Would you be able to google sleep mode in XP or donklan's system?

RAMMEL

I  did a google search for  "win-10 sleep mode". Looking over the hits, there seems to be a glitch in the Power Management area of 10. I would guess that soon there will be an update to fix it.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

donklan

Thanks Rammel...........
That's what I found also.

Will wait...........................

RAMMEL

I think I tend to be a bit lazy, but I often will just wait a bit and put up with what I think is a software glitch. My feeling is that there are so many "enthusiastic" users involved that a fix will soon be on the way.  :coolsmiley:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK