Random Image

Getting Darker

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of August 7

Started by JoanFL, August 07, 2016, 04:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Hi Everyfriend!  I'm resting and recuperating today, too.  It's been a long week and another one is beginning.  I'll be back when I can!  Enjoy!

Don, I'm so happy for you and Bubble!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

angelface555

I am unable for some reason to use the gallery. Would someone who uses it on this site, be able to explain it to me?

June Drabek

Patricia, I'm sorry I cannot help with the gallery..I have no luck at all with it, or the picture posting. Jeanne Lee is a marvelous help but she is evidently not well enough to bother her right now. I'm sure some one should know..perhaps the computer folder ?

I have had a truly relaxed afternoon and enjoyed it all. Now my eyelids are getting heavy so that may mean it is time to sign off for the night, and wish you all a very Good night, a quiet sleep and a happy tomorrow. I send out Love, Hugs and Prayers for those who need them. June.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Shirley

Patricia, I don't every use the Gallery for this site.... only over in Photos   ;)  ..... but I did manage to get it to work last week when I posted photos of the great grands.   What seems to be the problem?  Getting one into the gallery or posting one over in Photos?  I can't seem to manage to get the right link to bring in here to send folks over to Photos to view, slow learner, I am.   :crazy2:   Tell me if you want me to try to post a photo already in the Gallery (over in Photos) & I will see if it is working for me tonight.  Okay?   

EDIT.... won't be up but a little while longer.... was up at 5:00 am and wearing down fast....... :sleepy:

Denver

Late again.....

Happy for you, JOAN.  Enjoy the families visit. 

Pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND!
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, I will say a goodnight and a good morning....it is now 7.30am here in UK...
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.  There's poached eggs and toast to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Pallbearers

An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pallbearers. In her handwritten instructions for her memorial service, she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead."

Food For Thought

The Ripple Effect
(Author Unknown)

In 1855, A Sunday School teacher, a Mr. Kimball, led a Boston shoe clerk to give his life to Christ. The clerk, Dwight L. Moody, became an evangelist.

In England in 1879, Dwight L. Moody awakened evangelistic zeal in the heart of Fredrick B. Meyer, pastor of a small church.

F.B. Meyer, preaching to an American college campus, brought to Christ a student named J. Wilbur Chapman.

J. Wilbur Chapman, engaged to YMCA work, employed a former baseball player, Billy Sunday, to do evangelistic work.

Bill Sunday held a revival in Charlotte, N.C. A group of local men were so enthusiastic afterward that they planned another evangelistic campaign, bringing Mordecai Hamm to town to preach.

During Mordecai Hamm's revival, a young man named Billy Graham heard the Gospel and yielded his life to Christ.

Only Eternity will reveal the tremendous impact of that one Sunday School teacher, Mr. Kimball, who invested his life in the lives of others.

Thought of the Day

"If we are going to touch the people of our communities, we too must know their sorrows, feel for them in their temptations, stand with them in their heartbreaks."

- Billy Graham

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

junee

Vanilla-Jackie

" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

Happy Birthday, Amy!  I'd do something special for your birthday but ever since Windows 10 volunteered on my computer, I haven't been able to use the special effects or emoticons.  So I'll just repeat...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!  HAVE A LOVELY DAY!

Amy

Good morning..
You made my eye leak...thank you  so much for the birthday wishes!!
Jane , just your birthday wishes is special enough for me..Jackie,beautiful quilt!! Junee ,thank you!!!
Woke to a serenade from the geese ,loons and then the crows chimed in. Geese are teaching their young to fly now and it won't be long till they take flight to the south.

Had a great time visiting son and daughter in love yesterday. Gosh, traffic with heavy on the way home and I was glad to get off the highway! Folks are in dire need of water to the south of me,friends said folks are hauling water now plus taking their laundry to the laundromat. Sure hope we get the fall rains before freeze up or they will be a lot of dry wells!

Better get a move on here..

Joan thank you for the wishes and the delicious breakfast too.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

I had a nice post set up  and it went south ?????

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy Hippie birthday , August is a good month' I will turn 79 the 27 th. not the age that bothers me it is the hard knocks along the way . HAVE A GREAT DAY. too bad we don't  Live closer or have money to travel,we could get together and celebrate. it to gather.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We have a good chance for a thunderstorm this afternoon and a predicted high of 90 degrees although we usually exceed the prediction. 

After church yesterday I stopped at Ruby Tuesday's and placed to To Go order for lunch for Pat and then while that was being prepared I went nearby and got myself a Firehouse Hot sub to take home.  By the time I got back to Ruby Tuesday's the meal was ready. I then had a quiet, peaceful and restful afternoon.  Later a friend from church stopped by and we visited for an hour or so.  We did watch some of the Olympics last evening. 

Today will be busy as need to get a few groceries in preparation for dinner with Scott this evening, attend my noon meeting and then get the dinner preparations underway.

Amy, I also want to wish you a Happy Birthday. :hb2: :hb2:

Joan, probably not much danger that I will ever become much of a cook but one never knows what the future holds. A friend texted me last evening asking whether I had heard about the severe storm over parts of Florida, which I had not.  Apparently he was hearing totals could be as much as 13-15 inches, which would be a terrible problem for all of that flat space in Florida.  I have never driven through such heavy downpours as I did a couple of times in Florida.

Sandy, hope you enjoyed your day of pigging out yesterday.

Don, nice to see you be so happy.  You and Bubble deserve such happiness.  Hopefully she will be able to join you for your program next Sunday. 

deAngel, glad you had the opportunity to go to a different grocery store.

JeanneP, for several years Pat and I have an understanding that if she cooks I will do the cleaning up.  The problem at the moment is she isn't able to cook and I am trying to fill in for her.  I am sure we will not starve and it is now possible to get good nutritious meals for takeout so that it isn't necessary to cook every meal at home.  Unfortunately she is now trying to stay away from a lot of foods with sugar and starches and that adds a lot of complexity to preparing a meal.  A couple of evening ago we heard this popping noise and the next morning I discovered a can of biscuits had burst in the refrigerator. 

JaneS, the emoticons are a function of the software that the Seniors and Friends  runs on.  If you are using the posting box at the bottom of the screen, just click on the Preview button and your posting box will be at the top under the screen that looks like it has posted and all of the commands available to us in this software, including the emoticons and your posting box is below that box, just scroll down.  If you click on the More button after the couple of lines of emoticons you see there are quite a few others available. 

Callie, sorry I didn't leave any of the Sausage Muffins in the hidey hole.  Maybe next time. 

Gloria, that sounds like quite a storm you had.  Cell phones come in handle in situations like the power outage.  We tried a kitchen stool one time and found it just didn't suit us.  Pat was afraid it would slide out from under her with wheels and without them it wasn't convenient.  Our kitchen is well arranged and everything is only a few steps apart. 

JaneS

Thank you, Larry, but it isn't that I can't see them.  When I click on them, they don't work.  Nothing shows up in my posting box and therefore, nothing posts.  I don't know if it's connected to Windows 10 or if it's something I inadvertently did.  But it hasn't worked since 10 volunteered to show up on my computer. 

Good Day so far.  Enjoy it Everyfriend!

Gloria

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone, once again I did not make it last night. Getting so I am finding other things to do. Finally got to see my daughter on Skype. They got home from another trip to Arizona so am glad I got Skype working again in time.

JOAN  you must be happy with Joe and family there now.

HAL  lately I have been playing hooky from a lot of things.

JUNE  I am glad we have Skype. Saves on phone bills and we get to see each other every day.

GLORIA de  that storm was a surprise in this area. Rain was in the forecast but nothing said about a storm.

JOAN  I have not made or had a poached egg on toast in many years. The Ripple Effect is quite a story. Amazing what one person started.

LARRY  the kitchen here is a galley type with the stove and sink opposite each other. I could not sit comfortable at the counter or stove, no place for my knees. Now I cannot get up on it.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Everyfriend,

:hb2:  Happy Birthday, Amy  :hb2:

Nice and cool outside this morning.  Clouds are covering the western sky.  Maybe we'll get some rain!

I need to make two business phone calls and then get "organized" for a busy week ahead.

Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.

Shirley

WE had some rain last night, was a night of worrying if cats were in or out, lots of lightning & thunder but not as much water in the rain gauge as reported on TV/radio. 

:hb3: :hb2: :happybday:  :balloons:  Happy Birthday, Amy!  Hope it is a perfect day & year for you!

angelface555

:hb2: :happybday: :hb2:  Amy, enjoy your day!

Good morning everyone! Shirley, I have never been able to set up a gallery since they changed over to this site. To save a link, right-click on it with your mouse and a small drop down window appears. Scroll down to copy and then when you are where you want the link to be, right-click and scroll down to paste and click on that.

Mary Ann

Amy, Happy Birthday and many more.

If your weather comes from Michigan, we are having a lovely day with plenty of sun and heat!

Mary Ann

angelface555

I did figure out the gallery. Why is the only option allowed and it must be used, Kids and pets?

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Birthday Amy, I hope you have a great day and get something special, like a big cake with lots of ice cream.

Nothing special planned her today. Wife is feeling better and up and about.  I feel pretty good, just the normal aches and pains.

About being five again, I don't think I would want to go through some of the things I did in childhood again.

Shirley

Hahaha, Patricia... live with it!!!  I've wondered the same thing but figured "if it works" and it does for me (now) don't stir the pot!  About copying the links.... my problem is it is a link to MY computer page ... just like when I send a link to an Amazon purchase to my son, I have to sign out to get the link & then send it or it just takes him to my Amazon account.  I'll give it a try again, next time I post a photo.  Thanks!

This is starting out to be another crazy week .... Got the turkey breast this morning (to thaw out to bake tomorrow), got out the eye of round steaks that I tenderized this past week, to thaw to brown & bake when that turkey is done.... can't believe I'll have the oven going ALL day tomorrow, in this heat!  Once the turkey is done & cooled I will de-bone & chop the meat, make the broth (along with a quart or so of chicken broth), the onion & celery that was stuffed in the turkey breast & all the herbs & spices listed for "fowl...& pheasant", cook in 2 16 oz packs of Reems egg noodles & it is absolute fantastic over mashed potatoes or as a side dish.  My first thought when my daughter-in-law and then best friend talked about this was "Starch over starch????"  Unheard of any place but eastern Kansas, I think.... but it is SO good.  At Thanksgiving I do a turkey for the noodles one day & Thanksgiving Day I bake one to have the juices for that necessary gravy to go over mashed potatoes.  My family loves to eat.  I bake the steak & gravy (couple cloves of garlic..  at least an hour & half & having run each piece of meat through the tenderizer 3 times, it really does melt in your mouth.   :thumbup:  Dairy Queen ice cream cake (2 birthdays) for dessert, someone else bringing.  Amy, wish you were here to join in, during Thanksgiving we have 7 birthdays so we make a list of names to call out during the birthday singing! 

June Drabek

Good Morning to all ! I had a terrible dream before I woke up this morning. It seemed to go on too long and not one that was worthy of posting, so I ended up praying while I was still asleep.

Amy, I wish you a very,very Happy Birthday.       It must be wonderful to be awakened by Bird sounds and songs. I rarely hear a bird here unless it is a crow. Our buildings are arranged in a 4 acre square, most of them are three stories, so perhaps the birds find in awkward to soar in to us. We do have many tall tall trees though.

Monday is a rather quiet day here. There is a big screen movie at 1:30 that I may attend or by that time I may be ready for a nap…we shall see. I am feeling rather tired today, so I will let the body do the deciding.

There will be a Birthday dinner for the August residents today. One fellow will be 103. He looks and acts much younger than that, but like me, he takes home half his lunch and has it for supper.

Hal, I agree with you, I would not like to live my early years all over again. I like being 91 and behaving badly at times,  just because I can.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Goood afternoon, beautiful day.  I am waiting for my ride to the doctors,  He wants to check my leg. It is very slowing healing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

phyllis

QuoteI did figure out the gallery. Why is the only option allowed and it must be used, Kids and pets?

Angel, that was Michael's (our webmaster) choice when he was setting up the Gallery.  He said to select several different Gallery names would be a hassle with this Simple Machines software so he just decided on that one for now.  Perhaps he will change it later on.  Just ignore that title or as Shirley says....live with it.  You can set up your own individual gallery (or album) and upload pictures to that and then copy and paste the link to here or any other forum.
phyllis
Cary,NC

angelface555

Actually, Phyllis, I discovered that I could link to my own graphics folder and check full size and it would post here.

Click attachments and other options at the bottom of your post, choose file, and to the immediate right,  click inline full-size image. Of course, I believe this only works if your photo is correctly sized and optimized for this site. Mine are as I generally post in PSP.