Random Image

Reg table

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of September 25

Started by JoanFL, September 25, 2016, 04:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Jenny, I am SO happy you had this time with the little ones. They do grow up so quickly. My Dori is flying to McCall Idaho tomorrow to spent time with her son, dil, and three little ones. Oldest is six. She is a true Grandma, like you, and I'm so happy my Gary agrees in her trips to BE a Grandma. She is in her glory with the little ones. She also has two speaking engagements with two separate churches in McCall. She really knows how to use time.

My A/C is pumping out nice cold air and I am so comfortable. I think I will heat up some Hormels Chili and beans for my supper. Haven't had that for a long, long, time, and will watch the debate between the two Presdential hopefuls, unless I get bored with all their haranguing.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

Mary Ann

Patricia, I'm not sure I'd have the patience to try to teach Kendrick how to use a skateboard.  I think it said it took 18 months for him/her to learn.  Nevertheless, that was a fun video.

Mary Ann

Shirley

My eyes are trying to close, just wanted to tell y'all I had a wonderful drive to Salida, CO, got 2 pizzas and a calzone to go.... brought home to my family here that is usually there with me.... most expensive Italian food ever eaten!!!  Seriously, I needed to make a run on those RV tires and too hot to go anywhere else....besides, it sounded like fun and was!!!  Trees were beautiful & first night a little snow on the mountain tops.

Tires seemed to do okay but had a water leak from the water tank to "all parts" in the RV.  Main valve & I wasn't sure if my turning one "thingy" that made the water stop was shutting off the whole system or just tightening a leak.  Didn't want to turn the pump on & force it to blow or burn out the pump, so waited until I got home & had #1 son have a look.  Just a fitting that worked loose, no problem except I'm washing/drying a whole washer load of big towels used to mop up the water! 

And Gloria, guess what??? It was 36 degrees in the RV Sunday morning when I prepared to head home.  I loved it.... just parked in a Walmart parking lot, the cats love to people watch safe inside.... but they were glad to get home.  I hope to sleep sound tonight, down to the 50s tonight so will be comfy here with a door open.  I drove 1100 miles from Friday to Monday, learned to text & send photos with my phone, to the delight of my kids. Did not find my favorite highway fruit/veggie stand open so was disappointed about that.

And now I am going to switch channels & watch Gilligan's Island.... makes more sense than these politicians.  Oh, Hogans Heros.... far cry from what my brother saw in a German POW camp but the cast is good.

Glad to hear good reports from all the testing done recently!   :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:   Very pretty gr-daughter, Lloyd. 

Shirley

Sandy

Shirley ... 
Just curious..  how long do you drive per day,  when
you are on the road going from one destination to another?

I ask because when I was "on the road" a few years back,
I would drive for many, many hours with out
much of  a break.     And I do believe driving
for long hours at  time had an affect on me,
when I ultimately had some strokes. 

I hope that you aren't like me,  and push on
for hours  and hours .

Sandy 
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Sandy, I did drive from Wichita to Salida, CO....550 miles one way, going, but took it easy on the way home since I had to face sunrise heading east.  Drove to Lamar & spent the night, don't even have to get out since it really is "self contained".  Cats love people watching in Walmart parking lots & I plug ear phones in & listen to old music & fall asleep.  I knew it would be a rough trip with high winds on the way out but too hot to stop.  Was nice & cool on the way home.  I worry about strokes with A-fib & all, so did take an aspirin before going & after the struggle to load 3 cats, took another.  They really fight being hauled into the RV but can't leave them, we did it ourselves, made them depend on us for food.... so have to take them or have them put to sleep.  I figure they are my responsibility & lucky for me that I found an RV that still lets me be free, for however long it lasts.

Will see if "the kids" want something else to eat before I go to bed.... they don't eat much on the road, except Tom... and he lets me clean it up a little while later.  YUCK!

This trip I did stop for the cats to have a "potty" break & get a drink of water/dry food.  I think part of the reason Tom gets sick is he needs the break.... didn't get sick on the way home.  I know this could come to a screeching halt at any time so going to play Scarlett & enjoy while I can....   take it easy & rest when I need to.

When I get out I have to lock cats in the bedroom & they like to hide from me so sometimes it takes a while to gather them up.... ever try to herd fleas?  I do get some leg exercise rounding them up but you are right, need to take more breaks.  The trip to MO is about half as far but not sure it will be as cool.  I will have electricity in the campground in case we need AC... was delightfully cool in CO. 

I would love to visit Yellowstone & Glacier & all points between but know it is a lot of extreme driving to be at a place to stop for the night.  I haven't ventured out yet, only go where I know & know how long it takes to drive.  I don't drive at night.  Guess I'm chicken compared with you & Bobbi....  I am having to learn to use my smart phone being by myself.  Pleased the kids that I sent photos along the way, in a text.  I wish y'all were still able to hit the road & we could meet somewhere.  How long did you actually travel?  Did you miss having someone around when seeing spectacular sights?  The cats just don't appreciate "those golden trees" or "there is snow on the mountains this morning!"

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning, Everyfriend.   There's Krispy Crème donuts to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a great day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Haircut

I accompanied my husband to get a haircut. While flipping through a magazine I found a hairstyle that would look good on me. I asked the receptionist if I could take the magazine next door to make a copy of the hairstyle photo.

"Well, okay," she replied, "but leave some ID--a driver's license or credit card."

"But my husband is here getting his hair cut," I explained.

"Yeah... but we need something you'll come back for."

Food For Thought

My Child...

You may not know me, but I know everything about you...Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up...Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways...Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered...Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image...Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being...Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring...Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived...Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation...Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book...Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live...Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made...Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb...Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born...Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me...John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love...1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you...1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child and I am your father...1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could...Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father...Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand...James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs...Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope...Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love...Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore...Psalm 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing...Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you...Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession...Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul...Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things...Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me...Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart...Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires...Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine...Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager...2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles...2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you...Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart...Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes...Revelation 21:3-4
And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth...Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus...John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed...John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being...Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you...Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins...2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled...2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you...1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love...Romans 8:31-32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me...1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again...Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen...Luke 15:7
I have always been Father, and will always be Father...Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is...Will you be my child?...John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you...Luke 15:11-32

Love,
Your Dad.
Almighty God

Thought of the Day

"Many Christians estimate difficulty in the light of their own resources, and thus they attempt very little and they always fail. All giants have been weak men who did great things for God because they reckoned on His power and presence to be with them."

- Hudson Taylor

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

I did manage to get my kitchen painted yesterday and sort of put back together. Thought I could also get the ceiling painted in the hall but that was not to be. Took a long soak in the hot tub to sooth sore muscles and it seemed to work at the time. Today the hall will be done and that is it for painting this year.

Shirley, I was happy to read that your tires didn't give you any grief on your trip.Love reading about your travels.

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  Your home sure is all spiffed up with all the painting you're doing.  I'm sure that soak in the hot tub felt great.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning bis and everyone that follows. wish you all a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  The weather is cooler these last few days and the geese are on the move. The leaves have begun to fall. Autumn has arrived in central PA.

Yesterday I took care of the items I bought at the farmers market on Sunday and I have 5 pints of pickled cabbage ready for the winter. I'd hav more but I ran out of vinegar and really didn't feel like going out to the store again. So ill finish it up today.

My computer is still in the shop and I'm on the iPad. At least I don't have to feel isolated. I'm going to post this now so I don't risk losing it. Enjoy your day Everyfriend. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Lloyd.

Janie--Good morning.  I guess Autumn has arrived here, too, because I put the fall wreath on the front door.:)  I've never had pickled cabbage.  Is that similar to what I call sweet and sour cabbage?

JaneS

it might be Joanie. It what my grandmother always called pepper cabbage. Because it has a mixture of green and rd bell peppers in it.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Ah, it is fall here too, on the calendar, but we are getting a little taste of the cool of fall, a break from summer heat.  They are forecasting no days in the 90's for the coming week and guess what I turned the ceiling fan off when I got up this morning.  It made it chilly in here.  No the a/c is still on.

Amy, how in the world can you paint a kitchen in one day?  It would take me two days just to prepare it for painting.  And I used to do some painting part time for a contractor.  I must be slow.

Janie, that cabbage sounds so good.  I love cabbage, raw or cooked.  Not many veggies I don't like, well except cooked Broccoli.  I like it raw. 

Joanie, did you ever get anymore rain?  They say we are through with ours for a while.  But we got plenty, well I say that, there were some areas that didn't get a drop while all around the 4-5 inches fell.  Strange.

Sandy, I used to be they way you were.  Once behind the wheel I didn't like stopping and could/did drive for hours on end.  Looking back, just plane dumb.
Some trips we would stop early around 4-5 and get a motel, you could always find one if you stopped around that time and then you could relax and have a nice dinner.  Back in my working days it was not unusual to drive 150 miles and work all day and drive back home.  Maybe why I have some kidney problems now.... ;D

Coffee is ready, cool on patio, who wants to join me?

Joy

Good morning, Joan and all the early friends.

Joan, thanks for the Krispy Creme donuts this morning.  I noticed that our Walmart is now selling Krispy Creme's.  I didn't see the large assorted ones, but they have 2 donuts in a box, which really are just enough at one time.   Don't have to buy a whole dozen at a time.  They also have little packaged fruit pies, which are very good.  Much better than the Tasty Kake ones,  The pastry part is very flaky.  I have only the have the cherry, so don't know if they have any other flavors.

Nothing special going on today. After a very dreary day yesterday, the sun is shining this morning and it doesn't feel near as chilly in my apartment this morning.  I think it is supposed to be in the 70's most of the rest of the week. 

Jane, I have never heard of peppered cabbage.  I do like pepper slaw that some of the deli counters have.  It is very fine chopped cabbage, green and red peppers in it.  I like cabbage but haven't had any cooked cabbage for a long time.  I do make cole slaw quite often. I prefer my own over the store-bought kind.  My Walmart does not have a deli counter with salads, etc,  but they do carry  a pre-made packaged slaw near where they have the rotisserie chickens that is very good.  I do buy that sometimes. 

Glad to hear most everyone is feeling pretty good this morning.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Joy

BIG BOX

JoanFL

Janie--What I've had didn't have peppers in it.

Good morning, halkel.  It rained for five minutes yesterday afternoon.

Joy--Good morning.  I try to find small packages of baked goods--otherwise they get stale before I can eat them.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is another very pleasant morning in my part of the world. 

Today is our first Adult Fellowship luncheon and program at the Church starting at 11:30.  The entertainment is from a group of Seniors who are singers in another Methodist Church over in Augusta, Georgia.  Then we will have a lunch of loaded potato soup, salad with baked chicken on it, corn bread, and a dessert.  Fortunately I had put in my notifications sometime ago that I had agreed to bring the devotional as I had totally forgotten and wouldn't have remember if I hadn't set it up to email myself a reminder (I use this system of reminders a lot).  I did have something appropriate in my Devotions folder when I have been accumulating Devotional thoughts that I might want to use in the future. 

Later this afternoon Pat has her second Chiropractic treatment for the week, unless it gets cancelled as the Chiropractor and his wife are expecting twins to be born any day now.  That is going to be it for today except for fixing something for Pat's dinner tonight.  I am sure I won't care for a meal this evening as I am always full from the luncheons or evening meals at the Church. 

June, I do rest a lot and some days that is all I want to do.  However, there are some things that must be done which I try to do first thing in the morning while I still have maximum energy.  The resting is lot gasoline for me.  You are certainly having hot weather. 

Hal, I am finding that running late seems to be the norm in most doctor's office.  The big exception we have had here is that the Chiropractor runs on time and has a very efficient staff.  Of course he is not on call to a hospital or critical situation as are medical doctors.  Sorry to hear you have that aneurysm in your aorta.  I had that test several years ago and the results were inconclusive.  I hope that aneurysm stays small. 

Carol, do you have a magnet wand for your sewing room?  Pat has one that telescopes and we have used it a few times to get to something we cannot reach if it is metal.  I did not know about the UPS discount.

Shirley, I am glad you had a nice trip.  I thought you were leaving your cats at home for your short trip abut guess I misunderstood what you were saying.  What a hassle to have to deal with the water leak.  The saga seems to continue with your motor home. Glad you enjoyed your trip and are now safely home.   

Sandy

Good Morning from the rainy,  and cool,
rocky coast of Maine... 

As Hal said: 
QuoteSandy, I used to be the
way you were. 
Once behind the wheel I didn't like stopping
and could/did drive for hours on end. 
Looking back, just plane dumb

I would wake up in my van when
the sun came up and start my day ....
heading out for hours at a time.

Rarely did I ever get out and go for a walk.   
I was kind of obsessed with driving and
"getting there",  and often ready to do it
all again,   day after day.

I will say that in hindsight,  I got lost in 
"moving on",  for the first three months.     
When I finally reached Port Townsend,
Washington,   I managed to stop and
get a room to live in.... and could finally
relax and enjoy my new "life" ...
(As a "stranger in a strange land" .. so to
speak) ...   

Six months later I decided to head back to
the East Coast,  after deciding that I
really was living way to far away from
"home"... 

I will say that my diet and the fact
that I didn't take my prescribed
medicines as diligently as I should
have,  plus the stress I put on myself to
"keep on trucking" and not relax and
enjoy where I was at the time,  led me
to having the strokes which ended my journey. 

( I did not even realize that I had had until
notified by the men who came when I called
911.)    In the middle of a brain attack, 
my mind couldn't even conceive what was
going on.

(I drove myself from Austin Tx  to  Baton Rouge
Lousiana  .....  447 miles !!!!  After suffering
several strokes)

The sad thing about my having these strokes,
was my in ability to recognize  what was
happening  and get help when it help was
needed.  (It never dawned on me that I
was in fact in real trouble and suffering a life
threatening condition) 

But the good news is:   I am doing really
well today... Being vigilante with my meds and
getting good sleep,  and settled in  to
a "happy place" for me here in the city
where I ca take take  care of all my needs,
every day,  with out failure. 

I still would do it all again,  with major
changes in how I took care of myself and
my body.   I made my dream of crossing
the USA a reality,  and I would do it again.
(But not alone,  and with strict guidelines for
my own behavior)
:peepwall:

Have a great day,  everyone.

Sandy
:happydance:   
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Tuesday late afternoon - early evening.........we all love a good story....watched this video clip and wanted to share, if you haven't seen this already......She -  Leslie Muir, is both beautiful on the inside and the outside....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuU3JHs92U
" There is no present like the time "

June Drabek

I was too tired to say Goodnight last night..tiredness seem to be a daily thing now. And I do a lot of resting..maybe that is my problem..too much resting.What ever...I just do what the body dictates. I do have several programs to attend this afternoon, and I will do it. I forgot one last week, but can't change it, so I'll just accept it.

I have read that many truck drivers suffer kidney problems. Especially those that drive the big semis.

My husband always wanted to get to the destinations without stopping for an overnight, so a vacation could be very tiring at times.

The debate last night was a nothing, in my estimation. I quit just shortly before they did.

Time to make the bed and scrounge up some breakfast, so I'll see you later.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had some rain overnight and is a gloomy one here. Could not believe I woke so late this morning. I have my new keyboard and mouse installed and like both. Keyboard is bigger so I have stopped hitting 2 keys and the keys are easy to tap and not hit hard. Some keys at the top I never saw before and nothing in the paper work as to what they are for. There is a window up there that shows a battery and the #1. Must be to ley me know the batteries are good. Feels good to have a mouse that goes where I want it to. The other one I had to fight with to move to the side I wanted it to go, not fun at all.

LARRY  I would hate to tell you how much food I throw away from my fridge and freezer.

JOAN  for all the trouble I have had with this PC I would like to junk it and get a different one but I saved too long for this one. I have lost track of how many times I have had to install everything again. Sure glad I saved a lot to the external.

JUNE  this has been the forgotten part of the state till they want something they do not want in “their” areas so put it out here. The town has said they will not let them use our water and they will need a huge amount. “they” said they could draw water from a huge lake that borders this state and Mass. It is a beautiful lake with very clear water. Mass. Will not let them do that as it will effect that state, too. I don't think anyone who lives here is for it, forget the local taxes they will have to pay. Terrible to have electricity go out. Have been lucky here and where I moved from. I would never be able to walk down 2 flights of stairs and would be stuck up here. I do have several flashlights around in here and a small one I keep in the pouch under the seat on my rollator so I would have some light if it was at night. My daughter was telling me yesterday it was almost 100° there yesterday.

HAL  pretty sad when some doctors or techs are younger than our grands. That is when I feel my age.

CAROL  like that quote. I have no patience with those who cannot be bothered to vote. Didn't know that about UPS.  Good to know that.

HAL  that is great. Better than sitting and feeling sorry about what life has handed you. I copied the link. Thanks.

PATRICIA  we had our earliest snow here a few years ago before Halloween and it was a mess.  Schools and businesses all closed at the same time and some kids did not get home from school until 9pm. Parents were all worried. Bus's and cars were stuck and that was before everyone had cell phones so no way to be in contact. Cute link, who calls them dumb animals?

SHIRLEY  glad you enjoyed your trip but sorry about the water. Always something. Has not been that low here yet but it has finally cooled some. A couple of nights with the window open and the fan in front of it. Did have to add a blanket and enjoyed it. I like the ME channel and those old programs. I envy you the views you saw. Since I first got a PC I have “seen” places I always wanted to see and from my PC chair.

JOAN  I will pass on the Krispy Creme. There is only one brand of donuts I like. Like the Haircut. Food for Thought is a different way to look at our lives. Thank you for today's goodies.

AMY  you sure find things to keep you busy.

JANE  glad you have that iPad.

JACKIE  she is a caring young woman. Touching clip. Thanks.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

Larry--Your lunch at church sounds yummy.

Sandy--You sure learned many lessons when you were "on the road".

June--I watched the very first of the debate last night and turned it off--totally disgusted.

Gloria--Wish I was able to sleep in some days.  I know the donuts you like.:)

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

It's a gorgeous Fall day in central Oklahoma......not even any wind!

My big news is that, yesterday,  Miss Ellen  moved to New York City to pursue her dream.
She has a sub-let in a shared apartment for the month of October, which will give her time to actually go and see possibilities for a longer time period.
She spent last night with a friend, who will help Ellen move into her new "digs" today.

Ellen and I had a nice phone chat last night.  She and the friend had gone by subway to Ellen's apartment so she could get the keys and meet her "landlady" before that girl goes out on tour with "Mama Mia".
Ellen said she likes the area and her room is "cute".   

Small world coincidence:  The girl was also on tour with "Mama Mia" last June, which was in Tulsa at the same time Ellen was in "Shrek".  They were actually performing in the same building (different theaters) at the same time for an entire weekend.   I remember "Mama Mia" being upstairs in the big auditorium when we went to see "Shrek".

Shirley,  Leadville friends reported snow over the weekend - and someone posted a picture of snowplows on one of the passes.  Sounds as if you missed all that excitement.

Wish my nose didn't start dripping every time I stick it out the door.   Oh well....there's always laundry.   ::)

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day.

JaneS

not much activity here today. The store wasn't busy either and we decided it was a combination of a gorgeous day and the Bloomsburg fair. It's a BIG fair withh rides vendors and exhibits. I haven't been there for a long time but lots of people go more this
An once.

I'm going to try and finish the cabbage today. I remembered to get vinegar on the way home and everything is laid out.   Maybe I'll check the couch fo zzz first. Enjoy the rest of your day.

JoanFL

Callie--Good luck to Miss Ellen pursuing her dream in NYC.  It will be a totally different way of living--that's for sure.

Janie--When you get the cabbage done would you please put a little in the "hidey hole" so I can sample it?  I already got my zzz's.

Shirley

Callie, best wishes and God's protection for Miss Ellen's adventure.  I am sure that I/we are getting the chance to worry about our grands for the "wild life" we led back in the '50s, huh?  I get to worry about one of mine here in town, due to give birth to a boy in about 6 weeks.  So far all reports are okay, but can't help worry with the extreme radiation she had after thyroid cancer surgery about 2 years ago.  I didn't even drive up to St. Elmo this time, always such a beautiful drive, but was afraid of slick roads up high.  Should have stayed another day or so but have a reunion in MO the first week of Oct.  Running my legs off taking stuff out (for cold weather) & cleaning up after Tom's messes.  We won't see cold temps like CO for another month, in MO or KS.... but it is a little cooler.

Jane, I found with my food processor the coleslaw is MUCH better when I run the cabbage through twice.  Yum, I am ready to go shop for a fresh head.  Never tried your kind but bet I'd like it. 

My PCs are all crazy, have been bordering giving up for years but #1 son keeps them going.  Today I couldn't get Google Chrome to open on this one with Windows 10.... so I opened Firefox & had a discussion with it about not taking over.... and used it, didn't have any bookmarks in there so got out & discovered Chrome was no longer on my tool bar!!!  I had to search Windows & open Google.  Now I don't have Firefox OR Google on the toolbar!!!  I tried the old computer downstairs & it still won't "show it's face" after the last updates before I left.  Had to give it a hard shut down because the monitor & external monitor wouldn't come on then or now.  The little 12" one I bought many years, like using a tablet, too small to spend a lot of time using.... the mouse (tried several) and the little keypad won't move the curser at all.... tried everything.  One son out of state & other busy taking care of his grandbaby.  So I will take my frustrations to the couch for some zzzzzzzzzzzzs. Spent quite a while trying to get FitBit to give me my stats this morning so did a restart & got it up.  Better get a load out of the dryer before dozing off.  We'll see if I can get back in later.   

CallieOK

Shirley,   I am sure that I/we are getting the chance to worry about our grands for the "wild life" we led back in the '50s, huh?  Speak for yourself!!!    :angel2: 

I remember being at my Mom's house when my sons were probably in elementary school.  A group of my high school friends came for the evening - and, when the stories started, Grandmother took the boys into a back bedroom and shut the door.  ;D

When Mother came to visit after we moved here, she and I got together with a friend who had been her (younger) good friend in the home town.  Friend's husband's first year of teaching was my Junior year in high school. During the conversation Mary said to me,  "Did you know that your class almost convinced Bob to go into another line of work?"   I said, "Oh, Mary, we weren't that bad."   She replied, "Oh, yes, you were."
I know we were ornery but we never destroyed or defaced any property nor did we threaten to or actually hurt any person.

Saddest thing about the snow is that it almost always knocks the colorful leaves off the aspen - and those pix were fantastic this year.
I also saw a brief video of a moose wandering beside the highway between Leadville and Fremont Pass.  In all the years we lived there, we never ever saw a moose!

JaneS

joanie, the instructions tha I was given for the pickled cabbage were "put the jars in the cellar and don't touch them for at least 3 weeks". I interpret that to mean in a cool dry dark place. If I put some way back in the hides hole does everyone promise not to disturb it for 3 weeks?

I assume you "wild ones" will follow the rules. Sooooo there it is!

Sometimes I wish we could REALLY share!

JoanFL

Shirley--Best wishes to your grand who is expecting a baby boy.  Maybe after a nap your computers will be behaving.

Callie--You and your friends ornery?  How could that be?

Janie--I solemnly promise not to touch the cabbage for three weeks.

Amy

All the painting is done!!!I must admit I am happy about that.
Hal, I just wanted it done and over with. I thought I could tear off the border in the kitchen ,wash the ceiling and walls and paint it plus the ceiling in the hall.....well that was not to be, I tuckered out!
Nice rain here..making it a bit damp in side so now the fire is chasing that  away. While the fire is on I put a pot of rice pudding on to cook,it is now cooling off in the fridge for later. Some is in the hidey hole  with Jane cabbage that looks so tasty! I agree with you on that Jane ,it would be fun to share with others here.
Going to go put my feet up....I did have time to sew a binding on a quilt and now I can sit and hand sew.

Enjoy your evening.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers