Random Image

Cherry blossoms in full bloom

Owner: Sato
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Story Line (New Game)

Started by so_P_bubble, October 22, 2016, 04:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioman34

Wait! It was not ringing in my ears; it was the distant ringing of the cathedral bells. But why were they ringing?  A wedding? A funeral? Or perhaps a a portent of some impending event of momentous importance. I had to know, and so I . . .

Marilyne

Wait! It was not ringing in my ears; it was the distant ringing of the cathedral bells. But why were they ringing?  A wedding? A funeral? Or perhaps a a portent of some impending event of momentous importance. I had to know, and so I . . .
started running in the direction of the cathedral, but, something was the matter with my feet?  They felt like they were moving slowly through wet sand, and I could barely move them.  I struggled to move forward, but then I had a strong feeling that a force was pulling me backward . . . backward . . .

JaneS

I realized my suspenders were stuck on the doorknob and the door was opening and closing seemingly pulling on me.  I fished the scissors out of my pocket and cut my suspenders.  When I did that....

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble

Last evening at five...

There came a strong rap at my door.

I hesitated answering the door because of the loud rap
I hesitated, but then, drew back the side curtain and peeked out.

I saw a tall man, wearing a green cape, and he was carrying something?
But then he turned around and left - empty handed.

So what was he carrying? I began to search for some kind of clue and there, right by the bush I saw something that was not there before. It looked like a large tin can painted green and bearing some kind of sticker!

Cautiously I got nearer when suddenly I heard
a long pained groan coming from the grass.

It did not come from the can, and there was nothing visible on the grass!!!  I raised my head and peered into the nearest tree.

Oh!  a muted swish , a long hiss , a shimmer, a flash! Hovering atop a thick branch burning eyes are peering off into the distance!  What is it?  And what is it looking at? And why does it sound so human?

Suddenly, back at the house.....I heard the telephone ringing. I ran to answer the call, and in my haste, I didn't close the front door. And when I turned to look there was a definite glow outside the door. I quickly backed up at seeing that glow, tripped over my feet, fell on my bottom and moved backward so I could slam the door!

And suddenly, there was that LOUD knocking again.  I trembled as I grabbed my son's baseball bat and waited, saying nothing. I waited, shaking in my shoes before seeing a shadow pass by my window pane.

It stopped there, on the spot, framed by the window. I THOUGHT MY HEART WOULD STOP BEATING. Then, it grew taller and taller, with these burning eyes aligned with the top pane, taking in the room, from left to right and then center on me. 

It?  He?  what? My heart was doing flip-flops!  My bones rattled with the shaking and my knees wouldn't stop wobbling!  My mind said run but my feet were glued to the floor.  I gripped the baseball bat tighter!  Suddenly   a blinding flash of light filled the deepening darkness and a canopy of groans, grunts and moans filled my small backyard

I ran to the front door:  I realized suddenly that the loud knock must have been the newspaper delivery boy.

Right! Splashed on the front page, in bold lettering: "Sentient missing from Hush-Hush Lab - not dangerous and very attractive!"

I let go of the baseball bat and hurried back to the the window overlooking the backyard.  There, sitting on the grass was a youthful Apollo seeming   dazed and disoriented.  His mouth stretched into a  huge smile when he noticed me watching. 

-  "You look good; I am going to have you for supper" he said in a warm modulated bass.

-  "You cannot eat people just like that"  I riposted angrily, while the words 'not dangerous' coursed through my mind.

He rose his fist into my direction, opening and closing slender fingers three times.

-  "What are you doing?"

-  "Oh, just cloning you for supper.  I would not hurt the real you, surely you know that . This way I'll get to know you better, intimately one could say..."

How did I feel about watching someone (or something) eat a clone of me?   I just didn't know!   The more I thought about it the more I was afraid.

I couldn't watch that.   Then it occurred to me!   I eat chocolate animals all the time and I also eat chocolate Santas.   Perhaps that's what it felt like to him...it?   I still felt a bit squeamish about watching. 

Did I have a choice?

And what was that loud distracting ringing in my ears?

Wait! It was not ringing in my ears; it was the distant ringing of the cathedral bells. But why were they ringing?  A wedding? A funeral? Or perhaps a a portent of some impending event of momentous importance. I had to know.

I started running in the direction of the cathedral, but, something was the matter with my feet?  They felt like they were moving slowly through wet sand, and I could barely move them.  I struggled to move forward, but then I had a strong feeling that a force was pulling me backward . . . backward . . .

I realized my suspenders were stuck on the doorknob and the door was opening and closing seemingly pulling on me.  I fished the scissors out of my pocket and cut my suspenders.  When I did that....

I sensed more than heard  words in my inner ear.

- "Please don't go. I need your company to enjoy my supper.  I'll clone anything for you that would please you, so that you can join and sustain yourself.  Some exotic fruit? A delicacy to discover from my own concoction?"

- "No, no, I do not want anything, I am not hungry at all. Also... you scare me.  Can you not voice normally?"

- "Sure I can, but not over distances.  Please, will you come nearer?"

In spite of myself I was intrigued.

JaneS

Keeping my eyes glued on this strange being, I moved slowly closer.  When I was within 4 feet of...whatever it was, and I was shivering in my shoes, a picnic table appeared.  I was shocked to see.....

Radioman34

I was shocked to see..... not a real person but, rather, a very large rabbit, an agitated Hatter and large door mouse fast asleep.  I was dumbstruck.  “Who-who are you? What are you?  Where am I?” I asked in a trembling voice.

Marilyne

I was shocked to see..... not a real person but, rather, a very large rabbit, an agitated Hatter and large door mouse fast asleep.  I was dumbstruck.  “Who-who are you? What are you?  Where am I?” I asked in a trembling voice.

"Have I fallen down the rabbit hole, and landed in Wonderland?" I said.  They just looked at me, and started laughing!

angelface555

Last evening at five...

There came a strong rap at my door.

I hesitated answering the door because of the loud rap
I hesitated, but then, drew back the side curtain and peeked out.

I saw a tall man, wearing a green cape, and he was carrying something?
But then he turned around and left - empty handed.

So what was he carrying? I began to search for some kind of clue and there, right by the bush I saw something that was not there before. It looked like a large tin can painted green and bearing some kind of sticker!

Cautiously I got nearer when suddenly I heard
a long pained groan coming from the grass.

It did not come from the can, and there was nothing visible on the grass!!!  I raised my head and peered into the nearest tree.

Oh!  a muted swish , a long hiss , a shimmer, a flash! Hovering atop a thick branch burning eyes are peering off into the distance!  What is it?  And what is it looking at? And why does it sound so human?

Suddenly, back at the house.....I heard the telephone ringing. I ran to answer the call, and in my haste, I didn't close the front door. And when I turned to look there was a definite glow outside the door. I quickly backed up at seeing that glow, tripped over my feet, fell on my bottom and moved backward so I could slam the door!

And suddenly, there was that LOUD knocking again.  I trembled as I grabbed my son's baseball bat and waited, saying nothing. I waited, shaking in my shoes before seeing a shadow pass by my window pane.

It stopped there, on the spot, framed by the window. I THOUGHT MY HEART WOULD STOP BEATING. Then, it grew taller and taller, with these burning eyes aligned with the top pane, taking in the room, from left to right and then center on me. 

It?  He?  what? My heart was doing flip-flops!  My bones rattled with the shaking and my knees wouldn't stop wobbling!  My mind said run but my feet were glued to the floor.  I gripped the baseball bat tighter!  Suddenly   a blinding flash of light filled the deepening darkness and a canopy of groans, grunts and moans filled my small backyard

I ran to the front door:  I realized suddenly that the loud knock must have been the newspaper delivery boy.

Right! Splashed on the front page, in bold lettering: "Sentient missing from Hush-Hush Lab - not dangerous and very attractive!"

I let go of the baseball bat and hurried back to the the window overlooking the backyard.  There, sitting on the grass was a youthful Apollo seeming   dazed and disoriented.  His mouth stretched into a  huge smile when he noticed me watching. 

-  "You look good; I am going to have you for supper" he said in a warm modulated bass.

-  "You cannot eat people just like that"  I riposted angrily, while the words 'not dangerous' coursed through my mind.

He rose his fist into my direction, opening and closing slender fingers three times.

-  "What are you doing?"

-  "Oh, just cloning you for supper.  I would not hurt the real you, surely you know that . This way I'll get to know you better, intimately one could say..."

How did I feel about watching someone (or something) eat a clone of me?   I just didn't know!   The more I thought about it the more I was afraid.

I couldn't watch that.   Then it occurred to me!   I eat chocolate animals all the time and I also eat chocolate Santas.   Perhaps that's what it felt like to him...it?   I still felt a bit squeamish about watching. 

Did I have a choice?

And what was that loud distracting ringing in my ears?

Wait! It was not ringing in my ears; it was the distant ringing of the cathedral bells. But why were they ringing?  A wedding? A funeral? Or perhaps a a portent of some impending event of momentous importance. I had to know.

I started running in the direction of the cathedral, but, something was the matter with my feet?  They felt like they were moving slowly through wet sand, and I could barely move them.  I struggled to move forward, but then I had a strong feeling that a force was pulling me backward . . . backward . . .

I sensed more than heard  words in my inner ear.

- "Please don't go. I need your company to enjoy my supper.  I'll clone anything for you that would please you, so that you can join and sustain yourself.  Some exotic fruit? A delicacy to discover from my own concoction?"

- "No, no, I do not want anything, I am not hungry at all. Also... you scare me.  Can you not voice normally?"

- "Sure I can, but not over distances.  Please, will you come nearer?"

In spite of myself, I was intrigued.   I was shocked to see..... not a real person but, rather, a very large rabbit, an agitated Hatter and large door mouse fast asleep.  I was dumbstruck.  “Who-who are you? What are you?  Where am I?” I asked in a trembling voice. "Have I fallen down the rabbit hole, and landed in Wonderland?" I said.  They just looked at me, and started laughing!
In a very frustrated voice, I said..." You are being rude and not very polite!"

JaneS

The sleepy hatter answered, "and you, my dear are hopelessly lost!  Here, have a seat!  Have a hat!  Have a cup of hot chocolate!  Sing us a song!"

so_P_bubble

I must be hallucinating!  This cannot be true!  Wonderland is a myth, a story, not reality!  I rubbed my closed eyes  hard, took a very deep breath, holding it in as long as I could.

When I opened my eyes...

so_P_bubble

In spite of myself I was intrigued.
Keeping my eyes glued on this strange being, I moved slowly closer.  When I was within 4 feet of...whatever it was, and I was shivering in my shoes, a picnic table appeared.
I was shocked to see not a real person but, rather, a very large rabbit, an agitated Hatter and large door mouse fast asleep.  I was dumbstruck.  “Who-who are you? What are you?  Where am I?” I asked in a trembling voice.
"Have I fallen down the rabbit hole, and landed in Wonderland?" I said.
They just looked at me, and started laughing!
In a very frustrated voice, I said..." You are being rude and not very polite!"
The sleepy hatter answered, "and you, my dear are hopelessly lost!  Here, have a seat!  Have a hat!  Have a cup of hot chocolate!  Sing us a song!"

I must be hallucinating!  This cannot be true!  Wonderland is a myth, a story, not reality!  I rubbed my closed eyes  hard, took a very deep breath, holding it in as long as I could.
When I opened my eyes  I was standing there, in my home yard, looking  at the large tin can painted green and bearing a sticker with writing on it.  I noticed that the lid was slightly ajar.

JaneS

Then I saw little beady eyes peeping out!  As i watched intently, small pointed ears appeared and the lid plopped off.  Then two tiny paws grabbed the top of the can.  The object was all black with a touch of white on it's paws and the ends of it's ears.  It wasn't a bit scary but I still didn't know what it was...or why it was there.

angelface555

Suddenly, it hoisted itself upright, sucked in its cheeks and blew a gust of black powder into my face. I remember feeling shocked before everything went black

so_P_bubble

Suddenly, it hoisted itself upright, sucked in its cheeks and blew a gust of black powder into my face. I remember feeling shocked before everything went black

Then I saw little beady eyes peeping out!  As i watched intently, small pointed ears appeared and the lid plopped off.  Then two tiny paws grabbed the top of the can.  The object was all black with a touch of white on it's paws and the ends of it's ears.  It wasn't a bit scary but I still didn't know what it was...or why it was there.

I found myself on my back on the grass. Next to me, on his haunches the furry creature was staring at me looking worried. The eyes were soft and kind; it was crooning soothingly.
Somehow I was at ease. I opened my mouth ...

Marilyne

I found myself on my back on the grass. Next to me, on his haunches the furry creature was staring at me looking worried. The eyes were soft and kind; it was crooning soothingly.
Somehow I was at ease. I opened my mouth ...
to speak, but the creature gently placed a furry paw against my mouth, indicating that I should not say anything.  I nodded that I understood, and then looked around and realized I was not on my own lawn, but once again, I was in a totally unfamiliar place.

so_P_bubble

*** I love it: suspense all along!Keep the posts coming!***

angelface555

Somehow I was at ease. I opened my mouth ... to speak, but the creature gently placed a furry paw against my mouth, indicating that I should not say anything.  I nodded that I understood, and then looked around and realized I was not on my own lawn, but once again, I was in a totally unfamiliar place.  He looked to his left, gently lifted a paw to my turning cheek and together we watched a large flock of long-legged pink and sapphire birds break cover and take to the skies. Where was I?

JaneS

And what was this animal that shared my space?  Was I dreaming?  Was I hallucinating? Or was this really happening?  I watched the birds disappear and then I turned my head to look at my new friend.  Oh dear!  He was....

angelface555

And what was this animal that shared my space?  Was I dreaming?  Was I hallucinating? Or was this really happening?  I watched the birds disappear and then I turned my head to look at my new friend.  Oh dear!  He was....phasing in and out like a bad electric short. I drew back in dismay as he morphed out of existence. Now what, I thought?

angelface555

Okay, when does Snidely Whiplash, Pauline, and a handy railroad track appear? And where oh where is Dudley DoRight?

JaneS

so_P_bubble

I gave a big sigh, felt a sudden sadness filling my heart and very suddenly my eyes filled with tears. Would I ever be back home, to familiar sight?
At that moment...

Marilyne

I gave a big sigh, felt a sudden sadness filling my heart and very suddenly my eyes filled with tears. Would I ever be back home, to familiar sight? 
At that moment...
a cloud of mist formed in front of me, and out of the mist, stepped a very nice looking man, about my age. He smiled at me, and reached out and took my hand.  "I've come to help you", he said.   

so_P_bubble

I was feeling so lost and he looked so friendly that I was ready to follow him blindly.
A sense of peace filled me while in my mind the words " trust, trust, trust" imprinted themselves. In the distance I saw ...

JaneS

...a road winding off into the distance.  My friend motioned to me that we should follow it and low and behold, there was a buggy and a beautiful white horse hitched to it.  I climbed in and my friend took the reins in his hand.  I looked at him and he winked at me.  I asked....

rutumi

...a road winding off into the distance.  My friend motioned to me that we should follow it and low and behold, there was a buggy and a beautiful white horse hitched to it.  I climbed in and my friend took the reins in his hand.  I looked at him and he winked at me.  I asked....

"Do you really think that you can make us believe in this apparition you are conjuring up for us? As soon as reason returns, that buggy will be a basin, and the horse a little rat. Give us something rational, believable and satisfying to our needs."
Kats are krazy, kalm or kollected, but mostly kôôl

so_P_bubble

He smiled, raised a hand and  with his pointed finger drew a a line above his head.
A colorful rainbow spanned the sunny sky, unbelievably bright.
He gave a shake to his hand and tiny butterflies surrounded us, their scaly wings flapping lazily while they peered at us with beady eyes.
No - we are not in Alice's Wonderland and neither are we in Cinderella Kingdom.

By now I was much more relaxed and waited for the next marvel.

JaneS

Now I noticed that the winding road we followed was lined with exotic flowers and colorful birds flitted from tree top to tree top.  The sky was azure blue and there wasn't a cloud to be seen!  I wished this were my own yard and that it could look like this but I knew it never would.  Unbelievably, I noticed ahead...

angelface555

my house shining under the sun and the gate open, inviting me home.

Radioman34

But wait a minute: I never leave my gate open. Who did it? Is he still here? I was filled with fear and overwhelmed by curiosity, so I decided to. . .