Random Image

BougainvilleaColors

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaJean

It is a sunny day here and 55 degrees.  Not windy so doesn't feel so cold.

Larry, it is good to know you are feeling better and you are back with your usual schedule.

Mary Ann, I love the way that you just "go with the flow" as the saying goes.  You are a real inspiration.!

Marilyne, we used to have a choice to show our email and I thought that worked out well.  Don't know why that had to be changed?

Joy, I had the same problem last night sleeping.  It happens mostly if I drink anything with caffeine past noon, but I don't know what the problem was last night.

Jackie, my son was diagnosed with MS about 12 years ago.  He can still get around with a cane but after falling in a store several years ago, he never goes anywhere by himself.  He gave up driving his car and, thankfully, his wife is very supportive.  I don't think people realize how debilitating MS can be because it often isn't as physically apparent.

Mary Ann

Jean, thanks for the compliment; I guess I do go with the flow.  Since I don't drive any more, I have to fit into others' schedules.  I guess I have done that most of my life because families took precedence and I was not a "family".  I tell Tom "I go where the car goes" because he is my main source of transportation.  I do let him know immediately when I have an appointment so he can put it on his calendar and there is no surprise.  I try to not sweat the small stuff, but some of the changes here are difficult to manage!

Patricia, I found the "thought" icon where I could send a PM but I could barely see it.  If you had not mentioned it, I wouldn't have known it was there.

Joy, is the Amish market at Shrewsbury PA the same one JaneS (Soda Shoppe) goes to?  She lives in Lewiston (?) PA and often goes to an Amish market.  If I wanted to go to one bad enough, I'd have to go 50 miles north (Edmore MI) or 120 miles south (Shipshewana IN) but these days convenience rules and we order online, then pick up the groceries. 

Marilyn, without trying now, I think you can send messages by way of the Member List; I'm not sure.  I don't have much occasion to send PMs. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

Jean, I was sorry to hear about your son but agree that these diseases can cause so much suffering and people literally have no conception.

MaryAnn, in reading your post I noticed there was a green plus on your thought bubble. Holding my cursor over it, a sign came up saying you had a PM online? I went through others testing and evidently, some are offline for PMs?

Mary Ann

Patricia, I got that message.  Apparently there are others like me who were unaware of the bubble.  I didn't see the green cross because I retrieved the message from another direction.

Mary Ann

angelface555

MaryAnn, as I now understand it and I could be wrong, the green plus on the thought bubbles means that person is online for a PM and not necessarily has one waiting. Also the dot beside a person's name is green if they're online or grey if they're offline. Of course, this is all supposition.

Vanilla-Jackie

Unlike me, up until the last few weeks Richard had avoided all things invasive - medical procedures at the age of almost 74 but, just like the well - known Idiom..." you wait a long time for a bus, then when one comes along, they come along in threes " ...and of course they are for Richard...only a week ago it was the down the throat endoscopy...for him it has been one after the other....his colonoscopy is next Monday...
There had been mentioned he may have had a heart attack, but if so, we are both bewildered as to when....He first went to his GP after being more breathless ( COPD ) and suffering with a tight chest and jaw pain..he is also diabetic and had become anaemic, he is very pale, they think he is losing blood..

Re: MS...there are 4 types of MS...I have the Primary Progressive..

Relapsing-Remitting MS (RRMS). This is the most common form of multiple sclerosis. About 85% of people with MS are initially diagnosed with RRMS. People with RRMS have temporary periods called relapses, flare-ups or exacerbations, when new symptoms appear..

Secondary-Progressive MS (SPMS). In SPMS, symptoms worsen more steadily over time, with or without the occurrence of relapses and remissions. Most people who are diagnosed with RRMS will transition to SPMS at some point..

Primary-Progressive MS (PPMS). This type of MS is not very common, occurring in about 10% of people with MS. PPMS is characterized by slowly worsening symptoms from the beginning, with no relapses or remissions..

Progressive-Relapsing MS (PRMS). A rare form of MS (5%), PRMS is characterized by a steadily worsening disease state from the beginning, with acute relapses but no remissions, with or without recovery..
" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

Patricia, I guess I'll pay more attention to the color green in my posts now and continue in the color blue so I don't confuse myself!

Jackie, I didn't realize there were so many stages of MS and I'm sorry yours is that far advanced.  You seem to be managing quite well.

As for Richard, he's had a siege of health problems too and at 74 he's not that old.  I hope all goes well for him Monday.  A doctor should be able to give you some information about a heart attack, maybe not pinpoint it to a certain date, but a general area.

I've received three Christmas cards this year from friends and relative who have had to give up driving because of various health reasons.  As you know, you lost your independence when you're used to driving and cannot.

I'm listening to some Christmas songs on the TV and the newer singers all feel they have to scream.  i keep the volume on low so it doesn't bother me too much - and the sound does not go down to Tom.

Mary Ann

Joy

I stopped back in here just to seen who had been here since this morning.  I am just killing some time before I go down to play cards.  We usually don't start until around 6.  I am almost ready to go. I ate a little something a while ago, and I will wait until I come back to eat something else.

MaryAnn,  no, Jane lives a good ways from me.  Where I am going is only about 45 min. from Hanover, Pa.  Not too far from the York area.  I only live maybe about 15 miles from the Pa/Md line.  Jane is probably at  least 2 hours north of me.  And, there are all kinds of different types of Amish markets.  None of the Amish markets are open on Sundays.  The one where I am going has Amish people and non-Amish vendors, but it is not open on Sundays.

I have also been to Shipshewana years ago when my husband and I were RV ers'  We always had planned to go back, but never made it.  That was when we had our craft business and someone had told me about all the crafters around Shipshewana. We were there a couple days, and I really don't think we got to see it all.  We did pick up a lot of neat crafts that we got patterns for and started making them.  My husband did wood crafts and I did all other kinds.  Lots of items that I sewed.  It was a really neat area.  We did stop at Notre Dame and went to several festivals while in that area.  I remember going to a Blueberry festival. And, I had found a fabric outlet that was part of a mill, and I left a lot of money there. LOL  I think I went back there 3 times before we finally left.  Some of that area, we found to be an larger Amish community than the ones around  Lancaster and the Pa. area. 

Jean and Jackie, my husband had MS for a long time.  He had the kind that was the Progressive type. He was diagnosed later in his life than when it usually shows up.  He wound up in a wheelchair, but he did drive for a long time.  We had gotten a handicapped van that was equipped for him to be able to drive. He had a motorized wheel chair and the van had a ramp that he could just ride right up into the van and he was able to transfer into the driver's seat.  He made out pretty good. 

But, it really can be a very devastating disease.  And, then I haven a friend who has it and you wouldn't even know it.  Plus, it is a very difficult disease to diagnose.  One doctor my husband had gone to told him he had a brain tumor and walked out of the room.  I was so upset I could hardly get out of the place. We immediately went right to a neurologist, who did other tests and told him he did not haven a brain tumor. 

I need to finish getting myself ready to go play cards.  Have a good evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...now that has cheered him up, informing him " that at 74 he's not that old..." I am always referring to him as  " an old man.."  ;D well he is 6 years older than me...He has just reminded me, he is not 74 until January..I seem to have a habit of ageing him before time...

Joy...yes it seems that we get the Primary Progressive when diagnosed In later life, they say from age 50 onwards, I was 64 when diagnosed...

Mary Ann

Jackie, compared to me, both you and Richard are kids.  He's 20 years younger than I am and you are 26 years younger.  I'm old enough to be your parent. 

Joy, MS hits a lot more people than we are aware of.  Our former church organist had it for I don't know how many years.  He had retired when diagnosed, or maybe he had it and it forced him to retire.  He lived for many years after diagnosis but it was pathetic to  see him in church. 

Norm had a form of neuropathy that made it difficult to walk but he held on until the end.  He was in a wheelchair the last few months and when he tried to walk a few steps, he'd fall down.  He had little or no feeling in his legs from the knees down and how he drove a car, we'll never know; he had no feeling in his feet.

I just watched a 1966 program of Andy Williams and his family.  He had such clean shows and I enjoyed them so much.  It's hard to look at them now and realize Andy is gone, as are his parents, and at least two of his brothers.  Of course, I can't expect them to live forever, after all, 1966 was 52 years ago.  I think Andy was three years younger than I was/or am. 

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

:) Mary Ann...not sure you would be labelling me as " just a kid..." seeings I am now a great grandma of a child now aged 3...well I was a very young mom at age 18..and my daughter is soon coming up to 50...even I have to pinch myself when I think of this...I remember when I was 50, doesn't seem that long ago...

Marilyne

Our oldest child, Shelley, turned 60 last May. That really made me feel old. :o  She's the one who has an autistic daughter, Claire, who's celebrating her 28th birthday today!  I've been on the phone and online with her today, talking and wishing her a Happy Birthday.  Amongst other things, I sent her a gift card for a restaurant that she likes, so they will go out to eat tonight.

Mary Ann - Andy Williams was one of my favorite singers, and a great entertainer. I loved his yearly Christmas Special, when he would feature his entire family - his children and wife, and his brothers. I still have quite a few old albums of his hits, plus one album of Christmas music. I'd sure like to see one of those old TV shows . . . do you remember what Channel it was playing on?

JeanneP

Now my Email address still appears both in My Name and also if clik on my Avatar. it does seem that many photo's have disapeared  from their Avatar spaces

Fog and rain here at the moment. Not as cold.  I have been running around trying to get my auto running. Just would not start unless got someone to JUMP it. Happened last 3 days when trying to start in morning.
Just got a call that it was the battery. Just 3430 miles on the one put in year ago. Just replaced it they say. Have to now wait to pick up in the morning. Raining to hard to go get it.
Be so glad when this Christmas season over. Got things that need fixing but waiting until holiday over with.
Also notice today that little flags in both Blue and Yellow are posted in the counties part of my front yard.. That is main water line and sewers I think. Was torn up 3 years ago hope not the problem again. Was torn up down the frontage road for 3 months this summer. Had Boil orders 3 days at a time for 5 different times.. Things always seem to happen in December around here.
After all the fires, Flooding and Tornado problems that have gone on last few months I just try to take things calm. At least house still standing.
Big problems wth bomb treats on the news for Illinois at the moment. All out Police, Fire Schools and Hospitals have gotten Emails demanding money. Says happening all over and so you will all be reading on the news. Crazy world right now. Yet the people are out there Christmas Shopping like crazy. I don't celebrate this time of year but try to not turn other people away from their thinking.
JeanneP

Lindancer

[/My email is in my profile

Jackie, I have had the iron infusion 3 times, first took 3 hours.b]My sons would have been 64 and 71.

Mary Ann I have neuropathy in my left leg the foot doctor told me to wear wool socks.  I just broke my little toe, so I have to wear bedroom slippers everywhere i go. what did someone say: Golden years

Larry hope ypu got your heat fixed to day.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

https://youtu.be/pFb2qZfmh4M

Marilyn, the Andy Williams program I watched was not on TV but on my computer.  The link above is for the program - 1966.  I had remarked to Tom that I wish one of his programs would be on TV and he found the one above.  It lasts about 50 minutes.  Andy was married to Claudine Longet at the time, all three of their children are in it, his parents, his brothers and cast.

Gloria De, it is my understanding that our e-mail addresses show in our profile only.  Others cannot see that information.  I'm sorry you have neuropathy because I know it is not fun.  I think both Tom and I have a touch of it in our feet and legs.  Mine bothers me in bed sometimes and Tom's bothers him during the day.  Norm used to wear some cotton socks that he could only get from one store and I think it was the Meijer store here in town but it could have been another store. 

I just made myself an Orange Float, using OJ instead of root beer.  I do have root beer in the refrigerator but I thought OJ would be a nice change - and it was.

In the Random Image on my screen a few minutes ago there was a picture taken at Norm's of Norm, Pat Halbach, Dot and me.  I see pictures of Norm and Dot come up occasionally always with someone else in the picture - sometimes that someone is me!

I have to print a couple of letters to go out tomorrow.  BBL

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes it can become a frightening reality the day ones children become a grandma themselves...besides that's what we are here for, that is our sole purpose, to raise the next generation who themselves raise the next generation, etc, etc...I have served my purpose...:thumbup:

shirleyn

Good morning - I just lost a long post. Still getting used to this new system. Dang.  :tickedoff: Anyway, I explained what a good day I had yesterday, and that my next treatment (next Tues.) will be shorter, but with a regular doctor appt. following in the afternoon.  I appreciate Larry, Mary Ann, Joy, Patricia and Marilynes concerns for my health.  Now that is as far as I got & had to go to the next page for the following posts & by doing that I lost my post. I guess I will have to write twice, one for yesterdays news & then for todays.

Anyway, I am planning on going grocery shopping this morning, then will try to get these presents wrapped & sent, as they say today is the last day to get there by Christmas.  Then tomorrow, if I am still feeling good, I will get my cards out.  Late for everything this year for me.

shirleyn.

Mary Ann

Good morning, Shirley and Jackie and anyone else who has posted and I didn't notice.

Shirley, you did fine.  I have found, too, that if I leave Reply for any reason, I lose what I have written.  It's good to hear you are doing well and I hope it continues.

Jackie, I am a firm believer in that we are a product of our predecessors so I'd say it is up to present generations to put a good face forward for the future generations.  I think it is necessary, however, I do not believe it is being done!

It is hard to realize that little boy who went to the cottage with his grandfather and aunt is now a grandfather himself (Tom).  And he's a very proud grandfather who will strive to be a good example.  Tom seldom has a drink, doesn't smoke and I think James and Alicia are the same.  But none of us are perfect.

It isn't supposed to snow today, but we get fooled sometimes.

Tom is teaching at the skill center today.  I'm so glad he signed up for sub teaching because for the most part, he is enjoying it a lot.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I know it's early for you (10:20 here) but Paul is headed for the Soo.  He will have to go into a lock before he shows up at Karl's Cafe and that will take a while.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are in for a very rainy day today with the chances either 100% or 90% for most of the day.  It will be a good day to stay in.  The housekeeper is here this morning so we will be enjoying a nice clean house again in a few hours.  Yesterday the heat pump repairmen came and spent a couple of hours as it was a big job to install the new parts.  A very large part went into the unit in  the attic and a smaller control board in the outside unit.  The good news was that the Freon that had been put in a few days earlier was still there and we didn't have to buy anymore of it.  Hopefully we are all set for the rest of the winter and next year as well.  I did not go to coffee yesterday morning to the great disappointment of my friend but wasn't going to leave while the workmen were here.  After they left I headed to Walmart to pick up my medicine only to discover it was too soon to fill either prescription but I picked up the online grocery order.  I forgot to stop at the customer service area to pick up something I had ordered for Pat's Christmas that I had shipped to the store to save the shipping charges.  The other item I had purchased was from Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. 

My main plan for today is to wrap up the Christmas packages for Pat's sister and get the box ready to mail as we need to get it to the Post Office for mailing.  As far as I know our Christmas shopping is finished.  I will write my Christmas email letter next week.  We did try for our dinner last evening the French Onion soup I had gotten frozen at Costco and it was pretty good.  We topped it off with a piece of the cherry pie with a little vanilla ice cream on it.

I just spent well over an hour writing a long posting but had signed out on my phone to try to check out the email situation we have been discussing and forgot to copy my message before I tried to post and lost it as had to sign on again.  So I will spare you all and try to do better tomorrow.  I don't have the energy today to go back and try to rewrite it.

Joy

Good morning.  Really foggy this morning.  But, a lot warmer and rain is predicted for the week end.  Hopefully, I will be able to dodge the raindrops when I go shopping.

MAryAnn, I just missed a ship going into the locks at the Soo locks.  I keep forgetting which way it was headed.  It was coming in from  the left to the right???  I saw one yesterday just starting in the channel.  I guess that channel is a lot  wider than it looks, as there was a tug boat right along side of the ship as it went into the channel and then looked like it was speeding up to get past it.  I don't particular like the way the camera is facing now.  I like to see the ship when it is actually in the lock.  Looks like they get a good bit of snow there.  And, it does look so cold.  I keep forgetting to go to the one in Duluth.  Do the locks at the Soo shut down in the winter?

I need to get on with my day.  Hope everyone has a good one.

Joy

BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Joy, it's interesting that you had fog this morning, because so did we.  In fact, it is still a bit foggy.  It probably was hard driving alongside the river this morning.

The Soo does shut down from Jan 15 until March 15 but I think occasionally a ship will be in operation for what purpose I don't know.  The ship you just missed may have been the Paul Tregurtha, the one Marilyn and I call "Paul".  I got dressed just before noon and when I got back online, Paul was on his/her (ships are "she") way west to Duluth or wherever.  I prefer the scene with the locks myself and I am sure we'll go back to that scene before long. 

It doesn't get as cold at the Soo as it does in Duluth, but it does get cold.  I think they've had a dusting at the Soo recently and I'm waiting to see a heavier snow.  I was there several times when I was a kid and many changes have been made.  The locks and channels are larger than they appear to us and the one they use the most is the Poe Lock (watch how you say that - Ha!) and they want to build another beyond that one because of increased traffic.

I look at Duluth every so often, but most of their traffic is "tomorrow" and when I look at "tomorrow", the time or day has been changed.  Right now if I look at night on the Hillside cam, they are having a winter festival which I understand is free.  The Christmas tree lights flash on and off and assume different shapes.

Time for brunch.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from a very chilly Interior! Today and this weekend will be spent on the home as my final of this year's biannual apartment inspections is next week.

Farrah's diet finally seems to be showing dividends. She cleans her bowl and is extremely interested in anything I'm doing in the kitchen. She also feels lighter. Instead of the 3/4th cup in the mornings, she is receiving a 1/2 cup. She also receives a cup of cold water that often is refilled in the day because she's a messy eater and drops kibble in her water.  ::)

In the past two months, we have had two recalls of romaine lettuce, dried milk products added to a majority of foods and large-scale beef and beef byproducts along with a dog food recall. Speaking of pet food, many vets have been talking about folks feeding their pets diets that humans feel is right for their convictions. And so they must be right for their pets.

But not necessarily, there have been accounts of animals dying on human-directed special diets. An example is feeding a cat a vegetarian diet when Taurine which is absolutely essential to cats comes only from meat.

Cheeses are presently in the news, primarily feta cheese, brie, and camembert, queso fresco; as well as some ice creams and yougart. Manufacturers and distributors are often not always following regulations and procedures. The latest one is DelMonte Fiesta brand corn.

The Food and Drug Administration reports that the voluntary recall was launched due to "under-processing," which is a deviation from the regular sterilization processes used by manufacturers for commercial food production. Del Monte Foods says that the cans of corn in question could spoil on the shelf, or contain potentially dangerous organisms, pathogens, or bacteria.

"The product is called "Fiesta Corn" and contains red and green peppers. It was shipped across the United States as well as 12 international destinations, mostly across Central America. Those living in Alaska, Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin could be affected.

The 15-ounce cans have the UPC "24000 02770" printed directly on the label, and have expiration dates ranging from August to September of 2021. For more information and help clearly identifying the product in question, visit the FDA's official recall posting.

Marilyne

Patricia - I know you're happy that Farrah is losing weight, but I'm hoping that she isn't hungry?  I always wanted my cats to be satisfied. Maybe I gave them too much - I don't know?   I have no idea if Winnie, or any of our other cats were overweight or not? I never took them to the vet unless there was something obviously wrong with them.  They all lived to be very old, so I guess they were healthy?

I've seen those stories over the years, about people serving their pets a vegetarian diet, thinking it would make them healthier! Instead of healthy, the poor animals became weak and sick, and often didn't survive.  I've also heard of people putting their human babies on skim milk, instead of whole milk, or eliminating milk altogether!  Of course the poor baby develops a syndrome called "failure to thrive", and becomes thin and sickly, et al. Sometimes I think there is no common sense left in the world!

Thanks for the heads-up, on all the latest food recalls!  I've seen the Fiesta Corn in the markets, but I've never bought it.  I think it's a popular item to serve as a side dish with Mexican food like enchiladas, tamales, et al.  Romaine lettuce has still not been declared safe here in California. (where it was grown!) I'm sure there will be another food recall of some sort,  just in time for Christmas!

Speaking of food - right now it's lunch time, and I'm hungry.  I'll return later for some more comments.

Mary Ann

I don't have to worry about any kind of corn being recalled because I don't buy corn in any shape except in summer for corn on the cob.  Actually, when I had the 100-patch allergy test many years ago, I found I was allergic to corn and melons.  I've never been fond of melons so I don't buy either food.  Looking at our grocery ad this morning, there was a notice that their romaine lettuce was grown in a certain location and therefore was not contaminated.  I think Tom has bought it, but it is not a food I've become attached to.  I like good old iceberg lettuce. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann,  I don't eat any kind of corn . . . canned, frozen, fresh or popcorn. The gastroenterologist told me to cut it out of my diet forever, after I had colon surgery in the 1980's. Too hard to digest, and can cause all sorts of problems if you have a lot of scar tissue (adhesions). I was never particularly fond of corn, so no great loss to me.

I saw your message early this morning, that Paul was in the Soo Locks. I was too late, because when I checked the marine map, he was already out of the locks, and heading toward Duluth.  I looked at the schedule, and see that he will be arriving there tomorrow, in the afternoon I think? I'll leave myself a message to remind me, but he is always late, or moved back so many times that I get tired of waiting. I do enjoy watching Paul, because he always draws a good sized crowd of enthusiastic people, regardless of weather! 

I'm not missing romaine lettuce either. For a salad, I like the one called butter lettuce, the best. Next would be baby spinach, and then plain old iceberg. The bag of fresh salad greens called Spring Mix, has lots of other varieties in it, but I have no idea what they are?

angelface555

Good afternoon. At 2:45, I'm finished for today with part of the cleaning. I'll do a bit each day, but all she does for my efforts is stroll thru, say how nice and leaves, under five, six minutes!  ::)

Marilyne, there are always 8 or 9 kibble pieces left, so I believe it is more the fat or treat loss than the actual amount. When she was receiving the 3/4th cup, it would sometimes take her two days to finish. The vet who also has ferals and abused cats cautioned me last year on not leaving food out. He felt a cup a day was ample for a healthy adult feline of nine to fourteen pounds.

These mistreated cats and probably dogs as well tend to hoard or eat more than needed as past experience impressed upon them that the food might not be there later. I understand abused children often have the same mindset. If there is always something available, they learn not to rush their food.

Cats in the last twenty years have increased their life expectancy from sixteen years to 20 or more with the record going to a cat living 26 years. The two I lost in 2011 were 20 and 21 years respectively. I believe this is due to better veterinary care the same as it had been for humans,(sadly we are now back in the fifties in regard to human life expectancy).

I no longer can eat canned foods; use frozen or fresh, so I'm not too worried altho Marilyne, some bagged salad mixes may contain romaine. They also had a mini turkey recall just before Thanksgiving, but I believe that was localized and more due to one of the effects of the hurricane.

I'm still debating joining Bubble in posting daily Christmas graphics. My Internet provider had an outage just after my having to reboot my computer, so I've been busy downloading and setting things back to order. However, this new regime has complicated matters. One day something works and the next it doesn't, and I'm never quite sure if it's me or the beta system?

I recently purchased some vintage 1915 Christmas images so I would like to try some with PSP which reminds me. I found it included a small number of b/w coloring pages of 1915 Santas in a sled, a dirigible and a car in my vintage purchase. These may be used on Fabric and other mediums or merely coloring pages.

Would anyone be interested in free copies of these for grandchildren, or themselves? If interested, I can send you the images which you could download your selves or through a print shop. I could see these, after coloring, reproduced on wall hangings or knits.

Mary Ann

Patricia, Kendrick eats and drinks from a cat food set I bought at Amazon so you know about the size of dish he has.  I change his food at night, but I empty what is left into the bag, then dip the dish in to get a new dish full.  He never finishes what I put in the dish and he always has some water left, but I think he does a good job on both food and water.  I don't know the capacity of the dishes (same size) but I imagine I put about a cup or less food in his dish.

Tom eats salads when eating out, but very seldom makes one at home.  He does fix a mix of vegetables and seasons them with balsamic vinegar.  This is his attempt to lose weight and I haven't asked him recently.  I'm not fond of the veggie mix, but I eat most of it.  Tom does a good job on meats and he has good combinations. 

Patricia, I'm not fond of a lot of canned vegetables, but I know we have some green beans to make the green bean casserole.  Both of us like it but we usually only make it to take somewhere for a holiday dinner. 

Marilyn, I know the schedule for Paul moves around.  I think it takes about 24 hours to get from the Soo to Duluth. 

I think I'll pass on the 1915 pictures as my little ones are too small for careful coloring and the next step up are beyond it.  I'd probably get the most fun out of them, but I don't have enough wall space to hang or tape pictures.  Tom is going to get me a copy of my Christmas picture to family and I have a lot of pictures that should be on a wall but are not.  I'm going to see if there is one frame that wants a new picture.

Mary Ann

shirleyn

Good morning boys and girls ~ another nice day for me, but they tell me the bad stuff might start showing up after a few more treatments.  So I will just have to wait it out.

I am having a little problem with this new system that perhaps someone in here can help me out with.  If not, I will try to find my way to the other helpers.  Before, I had it set up that when ever I had a reply in here, I would receive an email telling me.  That of course stopped with the new system.  Now what I have been doing is to bookmark this page, then opening the page, but then I have to search to where I had left off. Which is inconvenient and time consuming. I hope I made myself clear - help anybody??

Today we have tickets to an afternoon play.  Nuncrackers - it sounded kind of cute.  We do not go real often, only when something sounds like we would enjoy it.  I hope my health continues to be good for me to be able to go.

I did get a package off in the mail yesterday and this morning I am hoping to get some cards addressed and sent out.  I am late this year, but I had other things on my mind earlier & just was not in the mood.  At least I got my Christmas decorations up Thanksgiving weekend.  Not all of them, I have cut back a lot, but at least it does look Christmassy in here.

Okay, enough - I hope you all have a great day ~

shirleyn.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the clean but cold, 
rocky coast of Maine!   

At 7 AM this morning the fire alarm system went off
and of course woke everyone up. 
Fire trucks etc came,  but they all left
and the alarms finally shut down. 

Considering that there are over 150 apartments
here, it is not surprising with an occasional
fire alarm goes off...