Random Image

lesson 11 fractal mask background

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 9, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 09, 2017, 07:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halkel

Good afternoon.
Well we have tstorms roaming the area and weather service is issuing tornado warnings North of us.  Just checked Radar and looks like some storms our way.  We have missed most of the heavy stuff, front stalled just North is but looks like it is on the move again.

I'm headed for the hide hole, someone said there was some hot bread....."

June Drabek

Hal, we are having another day of sunshine, with a few high clouds..same as yesterday and the day before and the days to come. It is very pleasant. This is going to be a lazy day for me. I did take a walk around the gardens and checked out a couple more C.S. Lewis books from our library downstairs, now I can just laze around and eat when I'm hungry and nap if my eyes decide to close.I have many letters that need answering, so one of these days my conscience will really give me a shove and I will start answering. One a day should be possible, right ?
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm just waiting for my friend to pick me up.  We're going to an early movie to see "GOING IN STYLE' with Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and some other oldie stars.  I think it's going to be a good movie!

Enjoy the rest of your day Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

I just lost a long post explaining about my trip to MO yesterday & home today.... but I'm too tired to think it up again!  I'll explain another time, maybe.  I drove just over 600 miles... round trip & today I also walked about 6,500 steps, 3 miles & 4 "floors".... and am reallllly tired. 

Great news about Joan!  Hope she feels good enough soon to come visit.   :cheer: :calm:

Hal, that sounds like good news from you as well....  :thumbup:   :bravo:

I already wrote a book so feel lucky it got lost in all this wind~ hugs to all.  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

well good night everyone. it is my bedtime. hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

halkel

Thank You Shirley.  Your trip sounds like my life in my working years. 
My youngest daughter and husband just arrived and are headed to bed, as well as myself, he has an operation on his back in the morning and has to check into the hospital by 5 AM....ugh....it is day surgery.  Optimistically they hope to be back here at the house by noontime.  I hope they are right and everything goes as planned and cures his pain.

Janie, how was the movie?

Nite nite, God Bless and Sweet dreams.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well got my teeth all nice and clean yesterday. Will be going back in a few weeks to get the remaining 4 bottom teeth out.  I knew they would have to go. Could not wear my partial anymore and could not bite into anything hard. Glad I have a good dentist.

AMY  you were busy yesterday morning baking. I missed out on both, nothing like homemade bread.

JOY  we broke a record yesterday by hitting 80° at the airport, in this area we hit 83°. I stayed outside for a couple of hours yesterday when I got home.  I have not been into a market in over a year. I have ordered online and from Schwans or my son always calls before he comes on the weekend to ask if I need anything and I can also send my CNA to the market. Nothing like going myself though. We have 1 car here in town that we call for a ride. I feel lucky when I get that, have to call way in advance because they are always booked. If I cannot get them we have Logistic Care that will pick up seniors to take to doctor visits. Last time I had to use them I waited over an hour for them to pick me up to get home. Now that my older son is retired I ask him at times but do not want him to get tired of me asking him.

JUNE  Fall is a time of either beauty or death depending on how you look at it. The beauty of the foliage and the cooler air and harvest time. Then is it the death of the summer flowers and the trees shedding their leaves. Days getting short and the nights long.

HAL  I hope you miss all the horrible storms. We have been fortunate for several years with no hurricanes getting to us here. There have been several that have hit the coast but not inland.

JANE  that Going in Style looks like it is a good one, good actors and I might see it on TV some day. Hope you enjoyed it.

SHIRLEY  glad you got to Mo. Did you get to see the Dogwoods in bloom?

LLOYD  I was asleep very early for me last night and am here before the rooster crows this morning.

HAL  is your SIL having that laser surgery that I have been seeing a lot about on TV lately? I have had some orthopedic back doctors want to operate on mine and others who told me I was too old. One told me I could end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I wish the best for him, back pain is not fun.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

An old geezer became very bored in retirement and decided to open a medical clinic.

He put a sign up outside that said: "Dr. Geezer's clinic. Get your treatment for $500, if not cured, get back $1,000."

Doctor "Young," who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000. So he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

Dr. Young: "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth. Can you please help me ??"

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: Aaagh !! -- "This is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your taste back. That will be $500.

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Dr. Young: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Dr. Young: "Oh, no you don't, -- that is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back . That will be $500."

Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "My eyesight has become weak --- I can hardly see anything!!!!"

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so,
" Here's your $1000 back." (giving him a $10 bill)

Dr. Young: "But this is only $10!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Moral of story -- Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can outsmart an "old Geezer"

Remember: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Gloria

Wal-Mart announced that they will soon be offering customers a new discount item. Wal-Mart's own brand of wine.

The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of California, to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $1-3 range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for cheap wine",said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing.

She said: "But the right name is important." Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity are:

10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. White Trashfindel
8. Big Red Gulp
7. World Championship Riesling
6. NASCARbernet
5. Chef Boyardeaux
4. Peanut Noir
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. Grape Expectations

And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine:
1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Listened to rain falling during the night but nothing now.Yesterday did not go as planned, I did get some baking done but my pantry was left untouched. The day was beautiful so I raked the front lawn of pine needles and cones. Then the back yard needed tending with the doggie land mines that were showing when the snow melted.

Have a busy day today, hubby needs to get blood work done and I need to deliver a quilt. Maybe after that the pantry may get done....no promises though.

Gloria,thank you for the chuckles, I am passing them on to others to have a giggle . Glad the dentist trip went well and don't envy your next one.

Jane, how was the movie?

Hal, enjoy the time with you daughter and her hubby. Hope all goes well with his operation.

Larry,I can certainly understand about not wanting to go shopping. There was a time I would jump at every chance but now I am quite content to stay home. (Unless it is a fabric sale)

Carol, hope you had a good time quilting with your friends.

Better get going or the day will be gone on me.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend on this rainy morning.  It started last night and I think must have stopped just before we got up this morning.  Everything is still wet.

For those of you who asked, the movie, GOING IN STYLE was great!  It starred Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin.  Ann-Margaret is still beautiful and Christopher Lloyd was still quirky.  When you get a chance, watch it!  It's another case of "don't mess with senior citizens".  You'll love it!

Have to go get some breakfast and feed the doggies.  I'm going to tackle one of the "odd jobs" that need doing.  I don't know how it's going to work out.  I have it on my "handyman" list but I don't think handy men exist any more.  This is one of my frustrations.  I sure miss my Daddy!  He was a handyman extradinaire!

Enjoy your day, my friends!

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this beautiful Spring Day.  It looks like it will be another very pleasant one.  Our family is going to have our traditional Easter Dinner late this afternoon as Scott has to work Sunday afternoon.  We bought the ham but Jennifer is preparing it.  Pat told me the different dishes we will be having but not whether we were making them or would depend on Scott and Jennifer to prepare them.  They are both good cooks and getting these big meals is almost beyond Pat now.  Pat is getting showered before her breakfast this morning and hopes to have enough energy left to go to her gifts group this morning.  I hope she can go as it is good for her to be with the ladies and she always enjoys the group. 

Yesterday, for the first time in almost a year she decided she was going to drive and she took herself to our local Walmart to pick up a prescription and get a few other things.  She said she got along well and her back cooperated as long as she kept moving.  Yesterday was truly a lost day for me as after I finished posting in the discussions I went back to bed for the rest of the morning, got up and ate a quick lunch, and then laid back down for a couple of hours more.  I was just too tired yesterday to try to get to Costco as we had planned.  I seem to be getting to a point where all I want to do is lay down and rest.  I certainly don't feel depressed just weary after I do just a few things.

Carol, I sure wish you would do something for yourself and find someone to do your house cleaning.  We have found it more than worth the cost over these last several years.  Glad you have adjusted back to the altitude. Too bad so many people have moved to Denver that it is destroying the enjoyment of living there.  The same thing has happened to the county where we moved from.  Apparently in the two years we have been away from that county the traffic has significantly worsened as they keep building more large shopping areas and restaurants along the already busy roads. 

Gloria, glad your dental appointment went well yesterday.  I love seeing the company come and I also love seeing them leave.  I am willing to bet your son won't tire of helping you get where you need to be.  He can't help you if you don't let him know of your needs.  That was a wise old "geezer".  :)  Someone was very cleaver with your wine names. 

Joy, I am so thankful for the Walmart grocery online shopping.  I hope you get it soon in your area. Not only is it helpful for we older folks but also for young mothers.

June, not having a skillet or pans removes the temptation to do what you know you shouldn't be doing.  Like you I try to worry about it later.  :)  Some days I have to sit on the side of the bed when I get up in the morning before I find the energy to clean up and get dressed for the day. 

Hal, that was good news on the cancer front.  I hope you were able to miss any bad storms yesterday.  Hope the surgery went well for your SIL.

JaneS, I have seen the advertisements for that and see you found it enjoyable.  However, I will wait until it is available on Netflix or Amazon Video to watch it.

Shirley, I wonder why you were tired?  Good grief that would make a young person tired.  I hope your trip to Missouri went well and your RV didn't give you any new problems. 

Amy, I like your term of the doggie land mines.  The pantry will still be there when you find the time.  I see you have your shopping priorities in order with fabric sales at the top.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Woke up to a cloudy morning but only a 20 percent chance of showers this afternoon.
I got less than an inch of rain here at my house, but no bad weather at all, just some boomers.

Well my kids were up and gone by 4:30 this morning and he went in for his operation at around 8 AM and he is now in recovery.  Daughter said everything went good, so I assume they "think" they fixed the problem.  I certainly hope so.

Gloria, transportation can certainly be a problem, I don't have anything like you and others who don't have a car but I know when I have to get SIL to drive me somewhere I have to check with him before making or accepting an appointment if he has to take me to be sure he is free to go.  Most times he is and when he takes me and it is near a meal time I always buy him a meal.  I enjoy the visit with him as well as the meal and he seems to enjoy it to.

Not too much on tap here today.  Just waiting for my daughter and hubby to return from the hospital, they will stay here today and tonight and go back home tomorrow or that was the plan.  I'm sure SIL will not be up to running a race when he gets home and just want to lay down and rest, he didn't get much sleep last night, nor did I seems.

Amy, do you ever really just kick back and do nothing?  Seems you always have an iron in the fire.

Janie, sounds like it was a fun movie.  Don't you sometimes wish life was like some movies.......I know I do.  But what the heck, life is life and will always be.

Larry, I know what you mean about getting your self in gear.  Sometimes it is afternoon before I get my motor to running and get my self to moving.  I told the doctor the other day if I was a car I would be in the junk yard.  He laughed and said well you still have a sharp mind (some would argue that point).

Lloyd you up?

Lindancer

Larry, my FIL, would say: "Glad to see you come, and glad to see you go"  We did understand, as we came once a year with two little ones and stayed about 10 days.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

I am late coming in. My son Gary came early today before his Bible Class downstairs, and got me back onto my Bank statements on the computer..he is such a good guy !!!!!!  Then we went down for his teaching, which was exemplary. I could listen to him for hours. He did speak for an hour and I was entranced, as were others.

Tisie…you really earned that tired feeling. I wish you wouldn't push yourself so hard my dear friend.

Hal, I pray the surgery went well for your SIL and recovery will be quick and easy.

Gloria, you gave a beautiful and interesting description of Fall. Both beauty and death were perfect descriptions. Thank you dear. The Walmart wine descriptions are great..I am laughing my head off.

Larry, you are so correct about not having the pans to do what I should not be doing…before you get out of bed to start the day, do as I do…give yourself some massage. Lay on your back, raise your left arm, and with your right hand, rub the left arm for twenty times, from hand to shoulder. then do the right arm…I follow through the same procedure with my legs as I have blockage in the arteries. You would be surprised how much more alive you will feel about the actual getting up.

Hal is this the SIL that is like a true son to you? I pray the surgery was a complete success. He deserves the best. Try the massage I suggested to Larry above. You will be surprised at how it bring the body alive after some deep massage.

Gloria de…where I live now, overnight company would have to bring a sleeping bag and share my floor space which is not large. I used to have company that would stay close to a month…but they were adults, and we had plenty of space them. My husbands sister…from winter Chicago weather to warm So. Ca….the love it.

Lloyd Hammond

yes Hall i am up. been to the doctor and bought Nancy's lunch. not good news at doctor I have pinkeye in rt eye bad and infection in left. and neither pharmacy has medication for it until  tomorrow. oh well I am tough but do not know How Nancy will Handel it . I almost forgot to tell you all it is 83º here now.
it is Possible Hall has the rain headed our way.

Lloyd

Amy

No pantry cleaned today either. I did manage to deliver the quilt though and pick up a few groceries then head home. Hubby is not feeling the best these past two days. Tomorrow I am heading to the vet...again...still don't like the look of the incision so off we go .On the bright side daughter in loves quilt is done and I can drop off the money for it on my way to the vet, just means I have to leave here around 7 am..
I did get some sewing done today...machine runs quiet so I didn't disturb hubby. :thumbup:

Lloyd, oh my what a pickle you are in.......just make sure everything you used to wash with, goes in the laundry and not have Nancy use it..Hope the meds work fast for you..

Have a great evening everyone...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Tonight was a good night at WM.  I saw and had time for a short chat with three friends and 3 former WM associates that I haven't seen in a while. 

Now I'm going to go lie on an Epsom salt soaked towel and a heating pad (Dr. Shirley's prescription).  I have a very large stitch in my back that needs some attention.  I hope it works this time like it did the last time.

Amy, don't worry about the pantry.  Some time there will be a day with nothing to do and I don't think you can stand that kind of day.  That's the day to do the pantry. 

Tomorrow, the doggies go to the groomer at 10 and then I coming home and trying a new twist on a dessert for Easter.  Then in the afternoon, I have an appt with my eye dr. to try to work something out that will let me continue to use the eye drope she prescribed for my glaucoma.  They aren't getting as many samples from the manufacturer and won't be able to supply me much longer.  They are VERY expensive. 

Now I'm going out and sit on the sofa and turn on the TV.  I'll probably watch through my eyelids.  That's almost as restful as sleeping.

Good Night All..

June Drabek

I had a long two hour nap again today, and woke up tired. Have taken a long walk in the fresh air, and still very tired. So, I am going to just stay home and relax and do nothing but read. I plan on doing nothing tomorrow till 1:30 when our choir will sing at the club house, and again Friday at 2:00 pm. Nothing on Saturday...wheeeeee.

Amy, I am so very sorry about your poor doggy and also your hubby feeling bad. You have your hands and your heart full of cares. May God be with you.

Janie, I'm glad you had a pleasant time at work, and I'm praying the epsom salt treatment does the good trick on your back. I hope you will have luck with the eye drop treatment Jane...it is essential.

Lloyd, I remember having pink eye as a child. It went through our grade school like a wild fire. I guess it is very contagious, so no smooching with your dear wife.

Lloyd Hammond

yes the doctor went on about how countages it is. I have seen people with wet wipes wipe off a grocery cart handle's , now i know why.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  The doggies are breathing down my neck for their breakfast so this will be short.  I'll be off to drop them at the groomers this morning. 

I guess I better see to their breakfast.  That heavy breathing is really annoying and I think they know how much it bothers me.  Make today a good one!

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Almost ready to go to bible study and breakfast.  Hope everyone has a great day.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We are headed up to the low 80's this afternoon with a 20% chance of showers.  We had a delicious early Easter dinner last evening.  Our granddaughter fixed the ham and it was delicious.  Pat fixed our traditional green been casserole and the 5 cup salad and also a nice potato dish that was new to us but sure we will have again as Pat said it was easy to make.  Scott switched printers between the one in my office and the one Pat had been using but that I couldn't get to print after clearing a paper jam and replacing an ink cartridge.  As soon as he brought it into my office it stated working.  Pat's upstairs printer in her sewing room says it has a paper jam but both he and I tried to find it without success.  He took that printer home with him to see if he can find it. 

We plan a fairly light day today.  I am going to pick up my friend and go to coffee, will return him home and then make the decision whether to go back to the Wisdom class or not.  I have spent a good part of the last two days just laying down and resting.  We are planning on going out to eat this evening for our main meal as Pat said she just plans on taking it easy today as she had a full day yesterday and needs a day to recover.

Hal, sure hope your SIL will not be in a lot of pain from his surgery.  That probably won't be a very comfortable ride home for him today.  As long as we have our minds we have a lot for which to be very grateful. 

deAngel, we used to go visit my folks for at least a week at a time as we could only get their about once a year.  A couple of times we stayed longer and I now realize what a strain it put on my folks.  In their later years we tried to be sure our visits were no more than three days. 

June, it sounds like you son is a wonderful teacher of the Bible.  You are fortunate to be able to participate in his classes and then have some private time with him.  Fortunately I still have good circulation in my feet and legs although my feet always seem to be cold.  I did try the arm exercises for the arms this morning.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Lloyd, sorry about the red eye and eye infection.  Your elder years have not been very kind to you.  I think I will be more careful about wiping off the grocery cart handles in the future. 

Amy, sure hope today finds your husband feeling better. 

JaneS, hope the Epsom salts helped your back yesterday.  Nice that you could have some short chats with friends and past co-workers.  I guess the world sort of flows in front of you in your checkout stand. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a sunny one but cooler than the last couple of days.

AMY  the next dentist appointment I will not mind, getting the teeth thqat have started bothering me out will be a relief.

JANE  I would love to see that movie but will have to wait till I can see it on my TV. I would never be able to sit through a movie in a theater again.

LARRY  I will be going to my son's for Easter,  that DIL is a good cook and I will get to see my great grandson, too. That I will enjoy. One thing about going there for Easter when I ask my son to take me home he knows I am worn out and need to get home and just lay down. He is only 3 miles from me so it only takes a few minutes. That wine list had me laughing and had to share it.

HAL  we had rain in the forecast for late yesterday afternoon. Weather guessers were right, got enough to just wet the pavement and it was over with. I could ask my son more to take me to appointments but his father kept doing that to him, even calling in the middle of the night to pick him up in the emergency room. My son got up at 4:30 AM to get to work and he got mighty tired of it. I do not want him to get tired of me asking him. My son will not even allow me to buy him a cup of coffee. Hope your SIL does great after the surgery.

JUNE  that WalMart wine list would make most chuckle I think.

LLOYD  hope you now have the meds for your eyes.

AMY  sorry your hubby has not been feeling good the last few days. Pray he feels better today.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone.... 

It is going to be a beautiful sunny day today,  in the 50's (sweater weather),  here on the rocky coast of Maine. 
My favorite kind of weather,   when I can open my windows and breath in that cool fresh air. 

All is well here.    I am getting back to reorganizing
my shelves....   an endless task,  to say the least!

Have a good day,  everyone.
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sandy, sweater weather is my favorite kind of weather too.  We are at 46 degrees now and will probably get into the low 50s.  We have a bright overcast; I think the sun is trying to shine, but not succeeding yet.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Good Morning all, Had a great nights sleep and a beautiful day weather wise is on the way.

Just placed a quick order with Amazon..two day delivery. I love it.

Larry, Yes, I am very Blessed to have a son like Gary. He was a real gift, as all three of my children were, but Gary seems to be the closest in body and spirit. He fixed my computer so I can read my bank statements on line again, looked through some paper work I had saved for him, then we went down for the program.

Sandy, I'm happy you are have a day that you can enjoy weather wise…should be a lot of those coming now that Spring has sprung.

Gloria, I too have always tried not to ask my boys for something to do for me. Now at this point in my life, I am living where everything is provided..almost. Just dentistry and eyes need outside care.

Hal, hope your Bible study was as interesting as ours. We are just finishing the book of Daniel, and I am amazed at how history does repeat itself in our day and age.

Lloyd, thanks for the reminder of wet wipes…I must order some too..should have done it before now, as we do touch so many things that can be germ laden.

Time to get off my duff and go for a walk. Our Choir is singing today at 2 p.m. at the club house, and again tomorrow. Then we are through till Christmas, unless I drop out before then. see you all later……….

Amy

I must admit ,it is a lovely day for a drive.We are back to the honey,Epsom salts and t shirts again.....then back to the vet on next Thur. I bought solid honey,which may stick better than the liquid honey. While out I stopped and bought butter that was on sale for 2.99 a lb....sure beats 4.97 a lb!!!
This will be day 3 that hubby isn't up to snuff..but at least he is resting and not resisting !!

June, I also need to get wet wipes as I like them in the vehicle to use when needed.

Gloria, as a child I had a bad experience in the dentist chair and now if any work filling,extraction  needs to be done he puts me in la la land...and I am soooooo happy too :)))

Sandy, I struck out with a vest on over my fleece sweater and all too soon it came off.It is 52 ° F at the moment.

Larry, I was just talking with my son and he is headed to SC....forgot to ask which part but will try and remember next time.

Jane, yes they do know...as these two know the minute I sit they want out!! Not that we mind one bit...

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

June Drabek

Amy, is Honey a healing balm ? I never heard of it being used topically before. And what does the Tshirt  do ? Seems to me your Vet should not be charging you for these visits, since it was a missed stitch that caused the delay in healing. Only fair in my opinion. I am happy for you that your beloved is being a quiet and good patient. Most men are to Impatient and get crabby.

I am going to enquire, next time I HAVE to go to the dentist, if she gives lala pills or shots. At 92, even the ride to the dentist is tiring for me, then there are about six outside steps to get into the place, and I sat in the chair for two long getting a root canal, and came home feeling half dead for several days. I had a dentist that gave the injection years ago...I don't know why more dentists to use them ?

Amy

June, honey draws the infection out, the t shirt keeps her from licking the incision and the honey which she loves. I can truly say she is  a sweet. My vet does not charge me, in fact she wasn't going to charge for the ointment but I told her no, she had to pay for it so I would also..

My dentist give me gas that makes me relax..he just puts a mask over my nose and in a few minutes I am fine.in la la  land :)
Jimmy Dean