Random Image

twins 2

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 23, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 23, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Hate to burst the balloon about my RV..... I failed to gripe about the top drawer (cutlery) failed to close & anyone knows what a problem it is to have a drawer not locked in (in RV)... goes flying across the floor with the first turn of a corner.  When it wouldn't close & I could not get it all the way out after taking everything out of the drawer... I shined a light in to see what the problem is, we've had drawers not close & always been something that pushed over the back from being overloaded, right?  Could not see a thing & could not get the next drawer down out, don't know the trick to those little metal sliders/gliders.   :uglystupid2:  Before I pulled out I found a long handled ice scraper that has a sturdy plastic handle & head wide enough not to slip through the drawer handle.  It is long enough that the handle goes through 3 drawer handles to hold that top in place. Now I've got to find someone that knows the trick to those metal glides, my son is babysitting his 2 grandchildren today & I can't get the picture that he explained what to push-pull-lift to work.  No hurry to fix, it just aggravates me when things don't work. 

Larry, so sorry about the funeral you can't attend.... we hate to give up people that bring happy memories.  Little pieces of our lives that slip away each year.  Sincere sympathy. 

Gloria, I'm already moaning about the heat.  Brought in stuff but still got the hanging clothes out there, will wait until it cools down this evening.  Got the AC running & ready for a nap. 

Joy, my youngest son's birthday is the 11th so we always shared Mother's Day & his birthday.  He will be 54.

Joy

Amy,  that is just the way I felt about those pills.  There are 2 whole pages of side effects that come with it.  But, when I read about how to handle the pill,  I thought the same thing.  I started out using tweezers to pick it up,  but then I mentioned it to the doctor, and he said that was mainly for the nurses that had to handle it.  So,  now, I just pick it up.  LOL

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Wondering....do I get residuals if I show up on a Google Maps street view?   

A Google Maps car with a big globe-like thing attached to a pedestal on the top went slowly by as I was coming out of a store this morning.  The drive dead-ended at that store and I thought I heard a whirr (as if it was taking one of those 365º pictures) as the car turned and went behind me - . Guess I should have waved!  ;D

The noon news indicated that "Weather" will be moving across Oklahoma during the next 48 hours.  Hope it's not until late afternoon/evening because I have places to go during the day tomorrow.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

June Drabek

Good Morning from a cloudy but 70 degree day in Stanton, Ca. I live in a small town, 3.1 sq. miles, 12000 people per sq. ft. population 39000.  Located between Long Beach, Ca. to the left of the map and Disneyland to the right of the map. You can be driving down a main thoroughfare and leave the city without even knowing you are in another city, and this can go on for miles. I very seldom leave my area of Rowntree Gardens. All I want is right here. Except for eye and teeth work.

I am pretty much "in" for the day since I ordered groceries yesterday and they will be delivered today between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Gives me a good reason to lay around and read.

I have read all your messages dear friends and enjoy hearing from you. Now I will work myself back up the list to reply.

My patch is nitroglycerine. The nurse puts it on at 6 a.m. and I take it off when I go to bed at night. No time limit was given, just to wash the area with soap and water after removing, and to wrap the patch carefully so no one touches it. I had it placed on alternate arms for about a year, but developed a rash and itching. so now it is placed on alternate thighs.

Tisie, I remember as a kid we had a drawer in the kitchen that would slide open. Mom would fold a piece of paper and place it on the top of the drawer and that held it shut. Sounds like you had a successful and restful trip..good for you !

Joy, I too miss having a pet to care for and love, but no more. Taking care of me is enough of a chore. I too have to sit between getting my self dressed, and taking a shower is a major chore. I have to sit in the shower, and sit to dry off. So I am back to just one or two showers a week.

Larry, our gardener keeps the roses so well. His pruning is not what I was taught to do, but the blooms are enormous…no aroma, or else I have lost my sense of smell. Many of the bushes have the names, like Princess Diana, etc. but others just bloom and look beautiful.

Gloria, I drink lots of water every day, always have liked lots of water. but it still does nothing for my skin. I like greasy foods too, so it's not diet. One nurse told me she always used baby lotion on her skin, so I try to do the same.

Jeanne Lee is always a welcome sight to my eyes. I met her when I first came on the computer in 1997 and she was right there helping me to understand the intricacies of the Apple products. She was using both a P.C. and an Apple at the time.I recall so well…she said, "think of your computer as a pantry, you have "shelves" where you place certain things"……etc. Jeanne used a style I could understand, and made life easier for a novice.

Jenny, don't you have another kitty, or am I mistaken ? If you have some canine visitors do the kitties accept them or run and hide ?  I know you love your kids doggies as well.

Time to go heat up my One Person Pizza while I await my grocery delivery person. My stomach is telling me it is time.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

Good afternoon everyone.

I am still getting used to having to be a Lefty after 43 yers as a Righty...  Not easy..  please excse the mistakes.   I wish everyone could feel better..  Maybe the upcoming, nicer weather will help.

Enjoy
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

I was thinking it was late April for the last frost, but it must be May.  I want to buy some plants in baskets because I won't be able to plant annuals, but it has to be warm enough for them. 

Tom, Dot and I went to Jan's for lunch today; sandwiches from Jimmy John's plus soft drinks. 

Was anyone here on a folder/forum on AOL in the "olden" years?  I keep wondering about some of the people and wonder what might have happened to them - NVada, ElvaMay, Dee (DKR), Manny Novarro (he composed crosswords for the NY Times and Dell Puzzle Books), those are all I can think of except I know that Kai (Mikki Kaipaka) died; she lived on Kauai, Hawaii.  AOL did the same as SN by shutting it down with no notice.  There also was the man from Texas, I think, who told us about combining two 8-oz cans of crushed pineapple and an angel food cake, long, long time ago.  I am sure there were more; I just don't remember them.  Ada lived in Nevada, Dee in Knoxville TN, ElvaMay in or near Seattle, Manny I don't remember but I'll say he lived in New York.

Nice day here today with the temperature in the mid 60s.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Mary Ann, when I first got on the computer it was to e-mail my daughter while at Harvard Business School for a 4 month session.  I think we had just bought the Rialta & needed to find how to fix something (it was a Winnebago RV built on a VW chassis).  My husband saw one here is Wichita & found it online from the dealer about 10 miles from the factory, so we picked it up & the VW dealer here was not familiar with it nor the Winnebago dealer so like all RVs, had a running problem the first year.  We signed in for the AARP Rialta group  and somehow found a Yahoo Rialta group to ask questions & get answers.  Then I discovered Senior Net.  Don't think I ever came across the AOL site unless it was part of AARP.  I was uneasy at first letting anyone know name or where I lived but kind of got over that. I don't advertise when I am going to be out of town, someone reported (newspaper or TV) that thieves do check "social media" for that info.  Since we were broken in to the year after we moved here, I am more than a little paranoid, but the break in was before computers for us.

Sandy, I have one son that is as comfortable with either hand or foot. I think he was left handed before getting Perthes Disease at 4-5 years old, in his left leg so automatically switched to the right.  I thought that until meeting my mother's cousin who happened to be a Mantle (never married)....   She proudly explained to my son at a funeral luncheon that "Mickey was also as good with his left as right (switch hitter) & also had had a leg problem as a child.  My son was 5 or 6 at the time & wearing a leg brace.  When we got back home & he explained to my brothers kids that we were kin to Mickey Mantle, it was no time their neighborhood kids were knocking on the door to see if my brothers kids were telling the truth about being related.   My mother & a brother are lefties but I am so right handed I can't even talk on the phone with my left hand & ear.  Glad you are able to type with your left, you are very good at improvising.

June, my Peace rose bush is looking great this year, it died down to it's roots, second or third time since I planted it about 25 years ago.  It has big buds on it already & leaves are beautiful.  This year I will buy some spray (sorry, birds) to keep the bugs & worms away.  I thought it was gone & so happy to see it.  I do not have a green thumb so my flowers have to be hardy to survive.  My iris are about through blooming but have pink/rose columbine & blue cornflowers blooming everywhere.  They come up where they want to & I leave 'em alone and they keep spreading. 

Have a great day, everyone.  I had a nap & feel ready to roll.  Too hot outside for me but plenty to do in.

JaneS

Well, my fur baby has a real problem!  The liver testing prior to extracting the abcessed tooth seems to have a godsend in finding early that she has more than just high enzyme levels.  I have to take her back for laproscopic surgery to do a biopsy of the liver and then we decide what to do from there.  I've been sort of in a state of shock and sitting around hugging her until she wriggles away and then watches me from afar.  The good thing is that she doesn't seem to be sick but the vet said it would have been a matter of time until she was very sick if the liver is as bad as it looks on the ultra sound.  Now what?  I won't know until after the biopsy.  If you have any special prayers for pets, please use some of them for my Annie!  I can't seem to stop crying!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Jane,I hope the vet can put Anne on a med to control what
Is going on in her liver.Prayers big time for both of you. Don't, give up hope!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

I am so sorry, Jane, and for sure have special prayers for our pets.  What ever you decide to do for her will be the best choice, no question she is loved and you are thinking of her. In my situation I can't control where these cats go, I can't confine them and keep them happy, so I made a deal with God that I would take care of them as long as I can but will have them gently put to sleep to let Him take care of them if they are hurt or suffering.  I don't want anyone else taking them for the shot and will hold them until they are gone, and no doubt crying buckets the whole time.  Hope your Annie has a long time to be happy with you but know we do have to consider all options.  Hugs to you my friend, I will be thinking & praying for your peace of mind and Annie's better tests. 

Mary Ann

Jane, I am so sorry to hear your news about Annie.  I remember when you got her (not the year but the event). 

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Janie, dear one, you have to be brave for your Annie. She feels your grief and that's why she can't physically share with you. Our little animals are very sensitive to our feelings, so try to be brave and transfer your strength to her. Of course we will pray for Annie. She is as much as part of your family as can be. My heart goes out to you in your sorrow.

halkel

Janie, Annie will have special prayers said for her.  I do feel for both of you.  I have my pup who is very special to me.  And a special prayer for you for Gods comfort in this stressful time.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We are off to the city to meet up with our daughter in love for lunch , tis a nice sunny day with a temp of 22° F. Wonder did Spring take a wrong turn???

Better go get ready, I see hubby is all set ..

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning Amy and all that follow for the day.
Hope you and your daughter in Love have a great day (meal ) with you and your Hubby, have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We have a busy time today.  My sister and brother-in-life are coming for a short visit.  They will be spending the night and we have some things to do tomorrow.  I have some "things to do" this morning to get ready for their visit. 

Annie seems fine this morning and thank you for your prayers and thoughts on her behalf.  they are both ready for breakfast.  So I'll go feed them and myself and get ready for the days chores.  Make today a good one!

phyllis

I don't post much any more because I am having some problems with my right shoulder and arm but I do "look in" often.

Jane, I am so sorry about your little Annie.  I hope you can hold on to her as long as possible.

Looking forward to reading that Joan is out of rehab and back home tomorrow.....or, at least, very soon.

I understand "doldrums", Jeanne Lee.  Hope your spirits lift soon and life looks brighter for you.

Hi and good wishes to everyone else here.
phyllis
Cary,NC

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

I am up and joining the early morning bunch.  I have an appointment with urology this morning and SIL is picking me up at 8:30.  We will more than likely have a breakfast while we are out.  I am kinda in the mood for some pancakes or maybe biscuits and gravy.

Jane enjoy the visit with family.  I know you will.

Amy the same for you, you and hubby enjoy your day with your DIL. 

Phyliss and Lloyd have a good one.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, like most days the past week yesterday's sunshine was gone by mid morning and clouds took over. This month is confused, it thinks it is April for all the rain. A bit warmer than yesterday's 34, now it is 44°. The landscape crew is here to cut the grass and do some cleaning up.

LARRY  I think on the days you feel good you do too much then the next day you are worn out. We have been having a lot of rain and that could be one reason the shot did nothing this time.

JOY  around here it is Memorial Day to start planting. Short growing season in this area. Sad that when we were young and healthy we did not appreciate it and now it would be great to have a portion of the energy we had.

AMY  so what did you decide yesterday? Straighten up or play? I would rather play, that is more fun.

HAL  glad those patches help some.

SHIRLEY  it was too much to wish for that your RV did not have a problem on the last trip. I had my AC running a couple of weeks ago and not the heat is on. Weird year so far for weather.

CALLIE  Big Brother watching or Google?

JUNE  this town where I live has many villages, the one I live in is where the town hall is, on one side that village has the shopping area and the Health/dental clinic, on the other the police station is.  Driving through if you blink you night have missed one of the other villages. It has changed a lot since I first moved here 66 years ago. It was a mill town and people worked and lived here, friendly and family oriented. Then the mills started to close and as the workers aged and died their children did not want to live here so property was sold to people from the cities. They wanted to get away from the cities but wanted the same things they had in the cities. Once leaving the center of town there were no street lights and it was great. Now the street lights are out on the roads and all the stars have disappeared at night.

SANDY  I know how hard it is to use your left hand to do things. I still at times change the mouse to my left hand to see if I can still use it that way. I even did PSP graphics with my left hand.

SHIRLEY  when my son gave me his old computer all I learned to do was email my daughter. Soon wanted more and started going online where I found SN and got hooked then. Really personal information is best not to talk about where anyone can read it.

JANE  one reason I wanted no more pets is the sadness that comes when they get sick and nothing can help them. Been there too often. Hugs for you and prayers for Annie and you.

AMY  feels more like winter in on the way instead of summer.

PHYLLIS  have you had that shoulder looked at? Take care.

HAL  pancakes sound good to me. Have not made them in a long time.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone. Another beautiful morning and currently 72 degrees but headed to the low 90's this afternoon.  The only think on my schedule today is our Wednesday night dinner at the Church and visiting with Scott and Jennifer.  I may make a quick trip to the ATM at the nearby credit union this morning.  Pat has her gifts group at the Church this morning and then will stop by Walmart to pick up the online order she placed yesterday.  Since my Echo was rescheduled to a later day I was able to stay home yesterday, for which I was very thankful, as guess my good day on Monday caught up with me as about all I felt like doing was laying down, which I did a lot of yesterday. 

Joy, I think it was usually mid-May before my Dad planted his corn and soybeans.  Like you there are no pets in our future as it is all we can do to care for ourselves.  Our son and his daughter just got a new puppy however.  I was glad to see this happen as the dog my son has is getting to the final years of his life.  He also has a cat and these animals have been such a blessing to him following the loss of his wife.  Great on your good medical reports.  It sounds like things are in remission. 

Amy, I had never heard that about handling chemo pills.  Hope you enjoyed your sewing room and playtime yesterday.

Hal, I don't like seeing the kitchen messed up so keep it pretty well straightened up.  When my wife cooks every used dish and utensil just goes into the sink to be dealt with later, usually by me.  :)  However, when I cook when I finish with something I put it away or into the dishwasher. 

Shirley, sorry to hear you had problems with the drawer on your trip but sounds like you came up with a good temporary fix.  What brand is your motor home?  My son is also 54 years old and will be for a few more months.  My granddaughter turns 35 this weekend. 

Callie, it is pretty amazing how Google Maps can actually show our homes from different angles.  I don't remember seeing any people in the pictures but those were from aerial shots.  I hope the "weather" missed you or at least was kind.

June, my cardiologist told me to apply the nitro patches on my upper legs so they are away from the head.  I have used the patches in the past and they always gave me a headache.  I got the prescription filled but hope not to have to use them.  Jeanne has helped many people with the computers over the years.  I remember her work in the early days of SeniorNet as we all had a lot to learn (not that we still don't).  She is very good about writing easy to understand instructions. 

JaneS, so sorry to read that the news concerning Annie wasn't good.  As Amy said don't give up hope.  Stay in today and enjoy Annie each of these days.  There will be time for grief when that time comes. Hope you have a good visit with your sister and BIL.

Phyllis, nice to see your postings when you feel up to doing so. 

Gloria, you are probably right about overdoing when I have a good day but it is nice to be able to accomplish more than one thing a day. 

Mary Ann

Larry, Tom does not do a good job of taking care of his cooking dishes after cooking.   Most don’t matter but he doesn’t soak the pan he scrambles eggs in and by the time I find it, the pan is quite dry.  I put dishwasher liquid and hot water in the pan and that helps, but I let it soak a while before I clean it up.  I don’t get in to the kitchen before noon usually because I don’t do the cooking.  I don’t say anything because he’s so available for most everything. 

Since Saturday I’ve had a problem with my left eye.  I knew it could be any number of things and the eye has been feeling better with no itching, little tearing.  I was tempted to ignore the problem but decided I should see my optometrist, who had me come in this morning.  She found I have an infection in my lower lid so she gave me a prescription which Tom supposedly dropped off at the pharmacist’s when he went to lunch this noon.  And he’s to pick it up after his lunch.  It is an antibiotic which I should take for ten days.  My glaucoma check is “in the ballpark”.

Mary Ann

Amy

We are back home and full of Chinese food, hubby has gone to lay down. I put away all the purchases and just need to do a few things in the kitchen that didn't get done this morning. Day was perfect and of course the dogs came with us and enjoyed some chicken balls. I thought I would surprise our daughter in love with a  plant but she gave me 2 hanging baskets and two planters of begonias..love them!!!

Bought a ball on a rope for the Border to play with Golden girl would love to play but it is just too much on her.While I throw the ball on the rope one way I gently throw a ball behind me so GG can go after it.

Gloria, I really did try to tidy up my sewing room but I would get into one thing ,move on to another and all I got done was very little to the eye. Tomorrow if weather permits I would like to put the enclosures on the gazebo
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, if our weather goes toward you, tomorrow should be lovely for you.  It is about 70F degrees now and the cat and I just spent about an hour lazing on the deck.  He was more interested in the birds around, but I just closed my eyes and relaxed.  It was so nice!

Mary Ann

June Drabek

I have seem to have lost myself in this day. I was in earlier and read your messages, but was running late and didn't want to miss my Gary's Bible study class. Then lunch time arrived and then nap time, and another day was on it's way out.

Phyllis, I am so sorry you are having a shoulder and arm problem. What do you feel is the cause of the pain ? Or have I missed the reason ?  I do hope it is nothing serious.

Hal, I have said it before but I repeat…you do have a wonderful son in law. With all the ladies in your immediate family, it must be a blessing to have a caring Son in Law. I hope your appt. went well and that you enjoyed you big breakfast.

Gloria, Your town sound a good deal like mine, except there are not villages around me, some are good sized cities. Orange Co. itself used to be a farming area, and then it grew and grew and grew. all of Ca. has out-grown itself, but we can still find peace in our own little places where we live.Where I am now, in Rowntree Gardens, it is like a mini city in itself. Only four acres, but we have most all we need right here. Doctors come in once a month to see their patients, we have nurses on duty round the clock. I feel very Blessed to be here. I can have meals delivered to my room if I so desire..it costs, but when needed is a blessing. I cannot ask for more.I too was started on my son's old computer. We share a lot Gloria.

Larry the nitro patches don't seem to bother me at all, except for itching skin after a while. There is more room on the thighs so I expect my arms will be long healed before I need to go back to them. I remove the patch when I go to bed at night and always wash the area with soap and water as directed.

Mary Ann, I am so glad you had you quiet time with the cat on your deck. I sounds delightful. You are so fortunate to have Tom living with you, and doing some cooking. I worry about out Gloria de being all alone, but she does have good neighbors. No one can replace our immediate family though.

It has been very quiet here today. Tomorrow we should not expect to much posting by our Bis/Joan. I am sure just coming home will be tiring for her. But what a great blessing it is to have her returning to the S.S. Thanks be to God.

Denver

Good evening, EVERYFRIEND❣️

Seems all I get done these days is play with our new cat, Smokey.  I must admit I am sure enjoying him.  He is a delightful guy. 

JUNE, we have not had any pets for quite sometime now.  I did have one for a short time...got him online.  When he settled in, we took him to our vet to have him neutered and get shots up to date and the vet found that he had a chip.  They contacted the person of record and they wanted him back....it was heartbreaking, but at least he found the original owner. 

JANE.  I was so sorry to read the news about your Annie.  Enjoy the time with your family. 

PHYLLIS, I am aware that you do not post too often and I am sorry to read it is because you are in such pain.  We certainly do enjoy seeing a post when ever you are able to do so. Take care. 

It has been raining most of the afternoon and evening....it is great to have the moisture and I am just thankful we have had no more hail...the Monday storm was terrible here in the Denver area.

LARRY, as always, I hope you enjoyed the evening with Scott and Jennifer.  I have a neighbor that has a cat also and she does not travel at all, so she will help me out with taking care of Smokey when we are away.  She assured me that she will step in and help out at any time if I wanted to get this kitty.  Yes, of course Dave and Family will help out when needed.  My little granddaughter ðŸ'—'S kitties, and she is beyond excited to meet Smokey. 

GLORIA, Smokey has adjusted very well and we sure are enjoying him.

JOY, I have always been attracted to the rag doll kittens as well.  I have never seen one in person, but they sure look cute.  Thank you for the kind wishes for my new guy! He has been a delight and I hope he continues to be. 

It is getting close to news time, so I best wrap this up. 

Holding good thoughts and saying prayers that we will hear that you are home JOAN. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I just stuck my head in the door to see who's hanging around.  I don't have much time this morning.  i'm taking my sister to an appointment and we have to leave by 8:30.

I hope you have a great day filled withe whatever you wish! 

Amy

Good morning everyone.

My morning started off with a bit of excitement, hubby was having problems so off to the ER we went at 4:45 this morning. He was checked and not one thing could be the culprit but they did blood work and will phone if there is a problem.

Will hang some laundry on the line in a bit then pick some rhubarb to stew it with crushed pineapple to have for lunch.

Mary Ann, I sure hope that temp does come here, frost on the ground this morning.

Jane, enjoy the day with your sister.

Time to get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another one in the low 40's. Am I wrong but this is May isn't it? Feels more like late March.

LARRY  I am lucky to be able to wash the few dishes I dirty. The CNA I have gave me a good back ,massage yesterday and my back felt much better the rest of the day, did more than the shot last week. It is hard not to be able to do something we did for years but there is a time when we have to do less.

MARY ANN  my son gave me one of those new square copper fry pans. Just like you see in the commercials nothing sticks and so easy to clean. Every time now when my CNA cooks anything for me she uses that one. I have a couple of the enamel ones but the copper is even better.

AMY  while trying to tidy up your sewing room how many different pieces of material did you find that you forgot about? I had a sister who made a lot of clothes, she had a small room that had nothing but cloth in it. She made every thing from winter coats to summer outfits.

JUNE  where this building is there was nothing but trees 12 years ago. There is 4 different senior housing places in this town and 3 of them are in the village I live in.

JENNY  the maintenance man's wife volunteers at the pound and several here have got kitties from there. A few have small dogs and one lab service dog. There are 2 that have dogs who bark a lot and for those near them it is annoying. I hope JOAN does go home today.

JANE  an appointment is no fun but I hope you enjoy the time with your sister.

AMY  not a nice way to start the day. Rhubarb and pineapple? I'll be there for lunch.

Gloria

Yellow Light

The light turned yellow, just in front of him. He did the right thing and stopped at the crosswalk, even though he could have beaten the red light by accelerating through the intersection.

The tailgating woman behind him was furious and honked her horn, screaming in frustration, as she missed her chance to get through the intersection.

As she was still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window and looked up into the face of a very serious police officer.

The officer ordered her to exit her car with her hands up. He took her to the police station where she was searched, fingerprinted, photographed and placed in a holding cell.

After a couple of hours, a policeman approached the cell and opened the door. She was escorted back to the booking desk where the arresting officer was waiting with her personal effects. He said, "I'm very sorry for this mistake. You see, I pulled up behind your car while you were blowing your horn, giving the guy in front of you the finger and cursing at him. I noticed the 'What Would Jesus Do' bumper sticker, the 'Choose Life' license plate holder, the 'Follow Me to Sunday-School' bumper sticker, and the chrome-plated Christian fish emblem on the trunk, so naturally I assumed you had stolen the car."

Priceless.

halkel

Good MOrning Everyone!

Amy sorry to hear your hubby was having problems.  An ER is no fun and seems they take forever.  Hopefully nothing to serious.

I am up and cleaned up, have men's bible study and breakfast this morning.  Always an enjoyable morning.

Jenny, seems you are hitting it off with "Smokey".  I like cats but my wife is not a cat lover.  But we have our boxer who keeps us in line.  I saw in neighborhood email that someone has black lab puppies to give away.

JaneS, enjoy your day with your sister.  But try to stay out of trouble.

Coffee is ready, so need to get a cup.