Random Image

Farm

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 5-21-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, May 21, 2017, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well if this thing puts me on the right day I am here.
Up to date weather says @2:55 AM & 47º clear but mostly cloudy for today high of 66º today here. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and moving but I'll probably be among the missing today.  My Cleaning Lady will b e here at 9 and I'll be almost as busy as she is but not as speedy.  Once I have my coffee, I'll have to get my shower and get dressed because I'm meeting my former office mates to help one of them celebrate her 90 something birthday.  They are going to lunch at 11:30 but I told them I'd be late and I'd just join them for coffee and birthday cake hopefully around noon.

When I come home from there, I have some errands to do and then more to get ready to do on the way to pick up TLH after school.  When she goes home, I'm going to collapse! 

I wish you all a wonderfulday filled with whatever you wish.  Make it a happy one. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Wet day here this morning, hope the sun finds it's way out. Have a few chores that need to get done today, a bit of ironing and take the garbage away to the dump.

Larry as much as we like our VON we were glad to see the end of their visit yesterday.Victoria Day holiday  here this weekend,highway will be bumper to bumper tonight with folks going home. Son is in North Charlotte SC and he tells me just how hot it is there...

Mary Ann, I just love the name of that restaurant Cholesterol Pit..

Gloria, I hope you got a better sleep last night. When we bought out new mattress we went for firm only to fine out we needed a softer one,and we had no problems after that.

Jeanne Lee, what a delicious graphic!!!

Phyllis, that one makes my mouth water!!

Sandy, hope the 3 weeks fly by fast for you!!

Jane, have fun with your friends today.

June ,there is a lot of meat on a little Cornish hen..nice that you have two meals out of it.

Joan, thank you for all your work in here. Remember to just take it easy.  Can you rent a motorhome to do the 10 hours drive, would that make it easier on you?

Lloyd, good morning..

Better scoot..enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

Thanks, Jeanne Lee, for posting one of my older graphics.  I'm sure Joan appreciates your help with SS and I certainly do thank you, too.

Joan, I'm so sorry that you have been having such terrible problems that have been out of your control.  It will be a relief to you and your family when you get settled in Ala.  I think of you often and pray for you.

I must call the dentist and see what to do and where to go about a lump that has developed on the roof of my mouth.  I'm really ready to take a vacation from all of these worrisome problems.  But, when I think of all the things that the rest of you have to deal with I tell myself to stop complaining!   :sealedlips:

A little rainy here today but that is ok...we need the water.  The lawn is looking parched and brown in spots.

Please have a good, care free, normal day, Everyfriend.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, rain has returned here for today, just saw local weather and Wednesday through Friday rain is in the forecast. Glad I spent most of yesterday outside enjoying fresh air.

JUNE  seems like the past month I just cannot keep up with anything. I missed one appointment because I did not mark it on my calendar. That is one thing I was always careful to do.

SANDY  you asked Joan a question I was wondering about.

JOAN  that must be it, I have missed your Angel dust and must be why my sleeping  or not sleeping is messed up. Thanks for letting us know how you will get to Alabama. I know how you never liked long drives and  how you would fly. Traveling that distance in a car with what you need would be uncomfortable for you. Your family is looking for your comfort and I am happy about that.

CAROL  Joan used to spread Angel dust for us every evening when she made her last post of the day. Must be why I always slept good.
SHIRLEY  I used to do that with ice in front of a fan before I for my first AC. I still have a box fan that I put on the floor facing into the bedroom to pull the cooler air from this room into the bedroom. The first summer here I slept on the couch at night but last summer tried the fan that way and it works OK.

JANE  there has been deliveries here by the post office with an Amazon delivery on Sunday.  Was surprised when I talked to the mailman who comes here. Guess they handle it like a special delivery.

SANDY  surprising how we learn how to use our left hands when the right one is in a cast. At times I will use my mouse with my left hand to see if I can still do it.

GLORIA de  Thursday and Friday we were in the 90's and broke records for heat.  I would rather have it cooler and not break records.

AMY  I would like to get a twin bed with a softer mattress. A double bed takes up too much room and it is hard getting around it. The chest of drawers is in here against the wall between the kitchen and living room. No room in the bedroom for it.

PHYLLIS  nice seeing some of our old creations show up. I was surprised to see one of mine on the homepage for this month. I am tired of all the doctor appointments lately.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

I saw it on the Home page, too, Gloria.  It is such a nice one of yours. Love the soft beautiful colors.  It is nice to see some of our old graphics still being used....especially since I don't make any new ones now.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  I was expecting it to be rainy this morning and today but once again the forecast has been changed to only a 50% chance this afternoon but higher tonight.  We should get into the high 80's this afternoon.  Today should be a fairly quiet day.  I do need to get to Aldi's for some vegetables as the bin is empty.  I may attend my Monday noon meeting if I have the energy.  That will be it for today. 

We did go to Sunday School and Church yesterday.  It was graduation Sunday and the high school and college graduates were honored and two of the seniors gave testimonies, in place of the sermon, about growing up in our Church.  Each year scholarships are awarded by the ladies Circles and some individual scholarship endowments.  They awarded 27 separate scholarships. All of the students plan on attending college.  Pat and I then went to a place we like and shared a very large club sandwich for lunch and each took a nice long nap when we got home.  I ended the afternoon by watching the conclusion of the golf match, which ended up regulation in a tie and required they play an additional hole. 

Joan, all that damage was certainly something you didn't need when you came home from the hospital.  I hope the repair work is done or about so.  So glad to see you are not going to make the long trip in just a car. 

Gloria, it sounds like you are becoming a "night owl" although not wanting to be so.  I am always happy to see a parent wait with the younger school age children for the school bus.  We no longer have a school bus on our street and I miss seeing the activity. 

Carol, we enjoy the British programs as well especially since we got the headphones as Pat used to have a problem understanding what was being said.  We are currently watching the series on Netflix called Foyle's War. That was a nice gift for your sons.  I would sure hate to give up our king size bed although it consists of twin size beds that are individually adjustable and we love them. 

Shirley, we often have Sunday deliveries from the Post Office of packages from Amazon or other places.  In fact we had two packages on our front porch when we got home from Church yesterday.  I do think we could have survived without the Sunday delivery (but they didn't ask me). 

Sandy, glad to see your wrist is healing and you are regaining some use of your right fingers.  You are half-way there in regard to the cast.

Amy, we had a very humid and warm day here yesterday.  We had a brief shower while we were at Church which sure helped bring the humidity up. 

Phyllis, sure hope that lump in the roof of your mouth turns out not to be serious at all.  Speaking of the problem certainly isn't complaining in my book. 

Mary Ann

Amy, first of all let me thank you for the larger font; it is so much easier for me to read (maybe others too).  The Cholesterol Pit is a name that Norm and Dot gave to the restaurant years ago.  The real name is Mr Burger and there are seven of them around town.  Ours is very popular, at least on Sunday morning when we are there, and we often see other members of our church there, too.  It is a cafeteria style restaurant and Dot and I have a routine - I get the booth, then water and eating utensils and Dot orders the food.  We alternate as to who pays and our total bill is around $10 or $11.  No tip necessary.  We have coffee, often get burgers, but occasionally we split a Tuna Melt.  And Dot always gets some kind of sweet roll which we split to eat while we're waiting for the "main course".  This is always after church.  With Tom yesterday, I had the Tuna Melt and he had eggs and some meat and I didn't pay too much attention to anything else. 

Phyllis, I too hope the lump in the roof of your mouth is not serious. 

Now, Gabby will be quiet until the next time.

Mary Ann

halkel

Good morning everyone.  Well the rain mo bed oT of the area and as has been the case, not much moisture for us. Just about nothing in the rain gauge.

Joanie, my Granddaughter is going through plumbing problems in her new house.  It is about four years old and had defective piping and the builder has had to come in to do repair work twice, so now they are going to re plumb the whole house.  She is not looking forward to it.

I have a doctors apt this afternoon.  So
I need to get some things done.  Roomba is missing, hiding under something..

Mary Ann

Well the rain mo bed oT of the area

Hal, usually I can figure out what the person means with such a sentence, but I cannot figure what you mean.  Did the rain miss most of the area?

Mary Ann

JaneS

MaryAnn, I took it to mean "The rain moved out of this area".

halkel

Once again, my tongue got around my eye tooth and I couldn't see what I was saying.  All the rain missed us. Using my iPad and it does as it pleases, should check my post and didn't.

June Drabek

Good Morning LLoyd,  You are in the right spot at the right time. We are going to be warmer here, 81 down to 59 tonight.

Janie, I hope your day turns out just as well as you are hoping it will be. At the end of the day, you will have earned the right to collapse.

I have decided to NOT laze around the house today as I did yesterday, so  I have made my bed, did my morning prayer time, had a good breakfast. Cleaned my coffee pot with vinegar, and now I will make a fresh pot of coffee.

Amy, this was half of a larger cornish hen, with a delicious mushroom sauce atop it.Sweet potatoes, green beans, apple salad, and a slice of boston cream pie. So, I had not only two meals from all of that but still have sweet potatoes and meat left over. I think I am finally gaining some weight, unfortunately it is all in the waist line.

Phyllis, I think this Graphic is perfect for our soda shoppe. Makes me want to grab a spoon and "have at it". Phyllis, I would be very concerned about a lump on the roof of your mouth. Let's just pray it may be a slight infection that can be handled with antibiotics. Our sinus can do some mean things to us at times.

Gloria, I attended a great program we had here dealing with Normal Aging, Dementia and symptoms. From what I learned, a lot of what we are feeling now is normal aging. Our visual and verbal memory does change as we age, but it is perfectly normal. So if you forgot to mark an appt. on your calendar, you are perfectly normal. I went to a twin bed Gloria, and promptly fell out of it on three different occasions. Very embarrassing indeed. I am still getting used to it so make sure I am dead center when I go to sleep. Whatever happens while I'm sleeping, I can't control, and I still have to walk around the bed to get it all properly made. So do be sure this is what you want. I went from a queen to a twin, so that may have been my problem.

Mary Ann, I do hope you come in and gab with us while you are away. The computer is a marvelous means of distant friendship.

Hal, good news on your Dr. appt. God is listening to your needs my friend.

Gee, I am starting to perspire…..got to close the windows and turn on the A.C.
>:(
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Mary Ann

Thanks Jane and Hal for the interpretation of what Hal wrote.  I see I did guess right, but it was kind of confusing.  I usually am able to figure out the mistyping but not this time.

June, taking my computer with me (laptop) enables me to participate if something comes up that I want to reply to.  Laptops are wonderful when you are not at home but do have the laptop.  If you ever do visit your sons overnight, be sure to take your laptop with you.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

I tried to post this morning, and my internet went out.  Then all the Home Care workers started coming.  By the time they had all come and gone, I was pooped so took a little nap.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

June Drabek

Bis, are these "Home Care Workers" medical people giving you some therapy, or are they workers doing the fixing-up after your bad water leakage ? Whatever it is, I'm sorry you can't have more peace and quiet to take care of the things you want to do, and decisions you want to make about what to take and what not to take. Gary and Dori had my Grandson, his wife and three children come in to help me make decisions. Needless to say, they were a big help, but it was  immediate deciding.

I gave my coffee pot a good cleaning with the vinegar treatment today...it needed it. White crystals were starting to appear on some parts. I don't know if we have hard water here or not, but when I had it all cleaned up and well rinsed, I made a fresh batch of coffee and it tasted extra good. And I gave my potted plants their Monday morning drink of water. After lunch I took a book to our library and checked out three more, so I will not run short if I should not feel well for one reason or another.

I hope you all had a good day, and having, or have had, a good supper. I feel sort of like the tail of the dog being out here on the left coast.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Well, all the chores and all the fun has been done and and is over for today.  Lunch with my former coworkers was fun and now we've seen Joyce into the beginning of another year.  I've deposited the trash (that wasn't as much fun.  I made an appt to get the A/C fixed on my car (that will be nice to have but not so nice to pay for), Tami (the cleaning lady found some more clean under the film that's been accumulating (that was nice to observe)  Kiran was picked up and we went to the library and then had some fun discussing "when daddy was a little boy" (that was fun.  When I took her home, Mommy was just icing some cupcakes so I had my dessert first before my dinner (that was fun).

Now i'm making dog food (that's essential...not fun or work.  And as soon as that's done, I'm going to go to bed.  That's also essential.  It's been quite a day!  In fact, it's been quite a week!

Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

well I am running late tonight I got a good western I hadn't seen. so good night everyone and sweet dreams . hope to see you all tomorrow. it is 1025 here,

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Off to the city this morning to get hubby's PICC line out....and do a bit of shopping :thumbup:

Need to get a wiggle on ..hee hee my wiggle is more like a wobble  :2funny:

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend...and a special Good Morning to the two who beat me here this morning....Lloyd and Amy.  LLOYD...enjoy your movie.  AMY...have a good day in the city.

Right now, we're waiting for the beeper to tell us that Annie's hour is up for her pill and we can have breakfast.  Then it's off to Wally World to greet my public.  I wish you all a great day filled with whatever you hope for.  Enjoy.  Make it the best ever!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
well Jane you are 16 18 hours behind but Thanks anyway.hope you all have a great day. I have another headache day . seams to be the norm now days.
I have a appointment with a out side cardiologist the 14 June.  the v a do not get in any hurry  think they hope we will die and they can right us off of the books.  but at least they figured i needed some insight. they did tell me they think the headache's are related to my heart. what ever that is worth.
Have a great day. I am going to eat morning meal and go to shop and finish fixing the track pad and take the bulldozer to Kinney's and get him Hippie.
then take to bob's and do his pond then bring it home and clear a couple paths for cross fencing our place, so we can cell pasture it. then line it ans some other equipment up and call the auctioneer up and have a sale. it is cloudy here and we got another 5 tenths of liquid sun last night. instant weather says @ our time ( 6:25 AM partly Sunni but I see no sun 55º and high today of 62º. at least it is keeping the grass growing for the cattle. oh yes i forgot to tell you all the national weather station is just 18 miles west of us as the crow fly's.and they cant look out and tell what the weather is doing..

Lloy

Gloria

Good morning everyone, no rain today but overcast now.

PHYLLIS  it has been a long time since I have done anything new. I still have a folder of some that I did way back when there were quite a few of us doing PSP.

LARRY  today is the only day this week we do not have rain in the forecast. I do not like being a night owl. For years I was in bed by 9pm and always slept good.

HAL  hope your doctor visit was good news for you. Would hate to type and post without reading over what I wrote. My fingers cannot seem to hit the keys I want and do as they please.

JUNE  I get comfortable when I get into bed and wake in the same spot. I never was a restless sleeper so doubt I would have trouble with a twin bed.

JOAN  today I have a CNA coming at noon and also a tech is coming for the fridge. The freezer has been getting a layer of ice on the floor of it. The manager said before it was because I have the vents blocked.  Yesterday her and the maintenance man were here checking it out. Full of ice again and the bottom of the fridge was full of water again. He called the company they bought them from 10 years ago when this building was built. The will send someone today between 12 and 2, same time as the CNA. I hope he comes early because if he makes a mess she can clean it because I would not be able to.

AMY  I doubt you wobble. Have a good day.

LLOYD  hope you can find out why you get those headaches.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Everyfriend.  Today I am going to tag things that I want to end up in Alabama.

June--The home care workers are medical people.

Good morning, Amy.  I am sure your husband will be glad to get the PICC line out.  Tomorrow I see the surgeon to get the feeding tube out.  It had to stay in four weeks after its last use and be flushed every day.  Thank goodness that will be over.

Janie--Good morning.  Hopefully everyone in your line at WM today will be wearing a smile.

Good morning, Lloyd.  I am sorry you continue to have headaches.

Gloria--Good morning.  I hope all works out with the CNA and the refrigerator  tech.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We awoke this morning to a good rain shower.  I have no idea of how long it had been going on.  More rain is in the forecast for today although not a 100% chance.  The only thing on the schedule today is that Pat has a 10:15 appointment to get her neck area x-rayed which was ordered when she saw the pain doctor last week.  I will probably drive her there although she could drive herself so if it is raining I can drop her off and pick her up at the door of the clinic.  Yesterday I got caught in a traffic backup on I-20 at the bridge crossing the Savannah River that separates South Carolina from Georgia.  There is a good chance they will not be working today because of the rain and the trip will be an easy one.  If not we will probably drive downtown and then back up on the other side of the river on a very nice road called the Riverwatch Parkway.  It will take several minutes more but we won't be caught in a traffic jam on the Interstate. 

Today is our Senior Luncheon at Church but I am taking a pass and not attending.  It is the last one until the fall.  So I expect to have a very laid back day.

Mary Ann, the Cholesterol Pit sounds like a very friendly and laid back place to have breakfast. 

Hal, replumbing a whole house would be a terrible job.  Does her house have a basement so the pipes are more easily accessed?  It sounds like you have overworked Roomba and she had to take a vacation. 

June, happy to see you were a little more peppy yesterday and hope today finds you feeling the same way. 

Joan, I am sure it is very tiring to have all of these Home Care folks in your home but glad they are there to assist you and see that you are properly taken care of.  Nothing wrong with taking a little nap.

JaneS, on those hot days you will certainly be thankful to have the A/C fixed.  I think the Freon in my PT Cruiser has leaked again during the winter.  I have had to have a little added the last two years and hesitate to spend the money to actually have it fixed.  Nothing wrong with having dessert first. 

Amy, I saw them remove one of the several PICC lines from Stacey and it was a very simple procedure.  I am sure this is another red letter day for your husband to have it removed. 

Lloyd, I hope you get some answers from the outside Cardiologist but too bad the appointment is several weeks away. 

Gloria, I have been trying to get to bed before 9 pm each night but usually don't get to sleep until after 10 pm.  Just laying down is such a relief.  Most nights I watch a couple of shows from Netflix or Amazon on my iPad before going to sleep.  I am re-watching the old Frazier series for the third time and certainly enjoying them.  I also watch a Forensic Files episode or two each evening as find them quite interesting.  Hope they get your refrigerator fixed.  I know Stacey had to have her apartment refrigerator changed a couple of times for the same problems you are having. 

CallieOK

Good Morning,

I have hot water again!    Wish I had a dollar for every teakettle full of boiling water I used between Friday night (when the water heater went out) and yesterday afternoon when a new one was installed.

The installer found scorch marks on the ceiling of the heater closet and "diagnosed" that they were caused by the gas gauge overheating - which probably caused the problem.
However, the tank, gauge and pipes were old enough that replacement was the best choice.

Today is "Granddaughter Emily" Day. She is coming for lunch and then we have some business to take care of.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  It's so kind of you to drive Pat so he won't get wet.

Callie--Glad you again have hot water.  Enjoy your time with Miss Emily.

Jeanne Lee

Callie, I'm glad your running with kettles of boiling water has come to an end.   Lucky you to have your family close enough to share time and lunch with granddaughters.   :)

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Gloria, normally I do check before posting, but I was on the IPad and it has "auto" spelling and does it thing, I always seemed to forget this "feature".

Larry, Roomba took a trip into the wifes bedroom and hid under a nightstand, we looked under everything except the night stand. about par for the course.

Sun is out shinning brightly.  Rain (storms) forecast for last night never showed up.

Joanie I know you will be happy to have the tube gone.  And also to have the move over and done with.  I don't envy you in your move.

Anyhow, everyone have a great day.

JoanFL

Jeanne Lee--I envy Callie having family close, too, but soon I'll be in the same situation,

halkel--Glad you found that Roomba.  I, too, will be VERY happy to have the move over.

Sandy

Good afternoon everyone
from the warm and pleasant rocky
coast of Maine.

All is  well here except lots of allergens
in the air from spring blossoming out.   
(minor issue which can be controlled.) 

Sounds like your big move is getting
close,  Joanfl..
I wish you a smooth and comfortable trip. 
Having those tubes removed will be a big relief .

"You've come a long way, baby"......
as that old saying goes!  I think that
it is good  to celebrate positive steps!!

Hi to all!
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan