Random Image

Shirley 6

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 5-29-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, May 29, 2017, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Callie, I went to the member list and found Joan had made a post at 5:41 PM; it didn't say where and I could find nothing.  Maybe she'll be in tomorrow morning.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  I did the same.   Hope we'll hear from her tomorrow.

June Drabek

My goodness, I am slipping, was in earlier today and read the posts, then realized I was late for a program so skipped posting. Since I had been awake since five a.m., I came home and slept till nearly noon. fell asleep again after lunch, then on the phone for about an hour, and forgot about coming back here...I am feeling my age.

Tomorrow my Dori turns 65, so her Church has rented a dining  room here at Rowntree, and we will have a gala luncheon for her Birthday. It is supposed to be a surprise, but I have a feelng someone let it slip. It will still be a wonderful time for her.

My eyes are wanting to close again, so I will obey and go to an early book and bed. How I am looking forward to a message from our Bis/Joan.

have a Blessed sleep dear hearts. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

:hb3: :hb2:  Happy Birthday, Dori....    :hb2: :hb3:  from Shirley in Kansas

Good night to Every Friend... God Bless and give all a peaceful sleep.

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning to all you sleepy head's. well it is 63 º and clear here and going to 88 º for high today. I ran the Bulldozer 8 hours yesterday untill I was tired and it was beginning to get warm. have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, From no on when I make an appointment with my eye doctor I will make it for the first one when they get back from lunch. I was at the office half hour early and did not get out of there till 2½ hours later. Then the ride was late. Was gone 5 hours for the eye doctor to tell me I could finally stop the drops. Yes I am complaining, I was so tired when I got home I laid on the couch and that was my day. I really hate having to depend on others for rides to appointments.

SHIRLEY  I have gone back to Tracfone, did not like the iphone at all. I ordered the new tracfone because I could not get to a store to buy one. I received it Thursday and now trying to get to talk to someone to activate it. The sure do not work long hours there except for selling. I went back to a plain cell phone. Too old to learn all those new things? I just changed the batteries in my mouse and it still does not want to go where I want it to so will look for one of the wired ones I have later. I must have flushed the brain toxic waste yesterday, dozed on the couch in the afternoon and was in bed by 8 last night.

JUNE  I do not like pumpkin pie either but like squash pie. Same texture but different taste. I have not made piecrust in 4 years and dislike the ones that can be bought. Nothing tastes as good as homemade.

JENNY  good luck to your sone finding a house in the Denver area. Like you I am longing to see a post from JOAN. Even just to say she is there.

JANE  I had my bedroom window open all night and slept a straight 8 hours. When I woke early the first thing I did was close the window. 47° here.

AMY  right now I would love a nice big piece of any pie as long as it has a soft filling. As for lemon meringue I like the recipe on the cornstarch box.  If it isn't from scratch it is not a home made pie. One of my brothers asked me a few times if I had our Mom's recipe for raisin pie. Some thing he longed for dor many years. No, and since I never liked raisins I never ate it and my Mom never had a written recipe.

LARRY  must have felt wonderful waking up ready to tackle the day. Seems like forever since I felt like that.

MARY ANN  you worked in departments that were phased out. Quite a few of the places I worked went out a business after I moved on. The Tupperware plant where I worked (the original one) closed down and moved every thing south.

AMY  wonderful that your hubby now feels good enough to cut the grass. Sure takes one chore off of you. Like your Bible explanation.

CAROL  I think most in our generation grew up with everything home made.  Youngsters these days like shortcuts with so many preservatives the do not know what real food tastes like.

LLOYD  I am right behind you this morning.

Hope we hear for JOAN today.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!!  I've decided that I'm only going to do what I feel like doing today.  So far, I don't know what that's going to be.  Maybe I'll clean up the yard furniture or maybe, I'll switch closets and drawers for cooler clothes or maybe I'll go back to bed.  Ho Hum! It's kind of nice to have a "do-nothing" day!

Amy

Good morning everyone.

We had rain during the night but now it is nice and sunny out.Have laundry to do and hang out and let the solar dryer dry it. :)

Gloria, that makes for a long tiring day, hope you can cat nap today.
He used the riding lawnmower and yes I was so thankful to have one less job. :smitten:

Jane, I like those kind of days, you get to do whatever YOU wish and not what has to be done.

Lloyd, hope you have an easy day today.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Amy I am planning one easy day. Nancy got me some more seed. I plan on Making i have the seeder set proper and sowing the seed. It is 65 º and mostly clear here now, going on up so I may make a good couch jockey today.
you and every one else  have a great day . I have decided I am going to nurse my headache on the couch.  see you all Later.

Lloyd

PS i think I am going to Make Pancakes and eat first then to couch.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I woke up about 5 and just lay there until 7 and then got up and put the coffee on and opened up te shades to see what they new day had brought.  Amy, looks like we had some rain during the night, everything is drippy and wet.  I thought I heard thunder earlier but had decided it was some neighbor putting out re-cycle can.  Mine can wait until next week, to muddy to mess with this morning.

Joanie, if you look it, hope you had a good trip and you got time to say hello.

JaneS, enjoy your "do nothing" day, knowing you you will find something to get into.

Gloria, I have an appointment later this month for more shots in the back.  I hope they do some good this time.  If not that will be the last time I try.  Too much of a hassle having having to go all the way across town to their surgical center.

Not much of anything planned for today.  Need to get toenails trimmed but don't know if I will venture out with this damp weather.

June, give Dori and big Happy  Birthday from the old Texas boy.....

Everyone have a great day

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is another beautiful and sunny morning here in South Carolina and we are headed up to 90 degrees.  This is a replica of the day we had yesterday.  I have a fairly quiet day planned.  I am going to attend a 10:30 am Al-Anon meeting this morning and then rest this afternoon and probably watch some of the PGA golf tournament.  Yesterday evening we did go to Walmart for prescriptions and then stopped at the Dairy Queen for hamburgers and a Dairy Queen treat. 

Amy, I bet your husband enjoyed feeling up to being out and actually accomplishing something like mowing your yard.  Riding mowers are great.  Do you have a large yard?

Carol, I have never wanted to use Craig's list or that type of site since you have no idea of who will be coming to your home.  Those Croissants sound delicious. 

June, this was an unusual morning for me as woke up about 6 am and was ready to get up.  So I picked up my phone and read my email, devotions and other readings and the discussion I follow each day.  I hope Dori has a wonderful birthday celebration as she turns 65.  Nice they are doing it where you live so you can be there to enjoy it with her.

Lloyd, after spending 8 hours on a Bulldozer I was glad to read that you are taking today off.  Sure wish you could get rid of that headache. 

Gloria, it is frustrating to have to wait so long for a scheduled appointment.  That was a long and hard day for you. Glad you at least can stop the drops in your eyes.  Sorry to read the iPhone didn't work out for you.  I would be lost without mine as it is a computer in my holder on my belt and I use it for many things.  I had a second good day for me yesterday and am hopeful for today.  Of course, I get tired by afternoon but nothing new about that. 

JaneS, your plan for today sounds like mine sometimes.  I have things I could do but often don't get them done and yet life goes on.  I don't think you have many "do-nothing" days so enjoy.

Hal, do you see a podiatrist to get your toenails trimmed or have a pedicure at one of those shops?  I have an appointment with my podiatrist Tuesday.  This will be my three month appointment just to get my toenails trimmed.  They did a great job the last time and my big toes are no longer sore and think I will be able to avoid having the toenails removed.  It costs me no more for my deductible than I paid for the pedicurist appointment and the results were much better.   

Jeanne Lee

I'm back after a couple of days off - one that I apparently over-did and one getting over it.  Nothing major, but I may need to change the way I do my shopping.   :( 

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, there are times I wish I still had a car and drove.  Those times are when I want something special at a store but I usually don't want to send Tom to get it.

Gloria, I have an old TracFone and I'm thinking of getting a newer one.  I have had no problems with the phone I have which is probably why I haven't invested in a new one.  I could not get Voice Mail to work and when Annie tried to get it to work, she was told my phone was too old. 

We should get up to  80 degrees again today. 

Kendrick, the cat, enjoyed being out on my deck and for the first time did not want to come in.  He may have been out there an hour.  He liked to stalk birds that are on the ground.  I think the fact he is up in the air keeps him from going after them, however, once when left on the deck overnight, he did jump down to go to Tom's bedroom window to let Tom know he was outside. 

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Nothing unusual or special going on around here today.

Mary Ann,  maybe Joan's post that we found was a "test" while her computer was being set up and was deleted until she has time/feels like coming in to visit.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Mary Ann

Callie, I didn't think of that, but sounds like that could be it.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Dear Ones, I was up before six this morning. Was dreaming I was driving my dear old Oldsmobile 88, and went over a high curb with the right front wheel. It was so stuck and at such an angle I could not go forward or back off. About that time my girl came in with the morning b.p. check, thyroid pill, and patch of nitro. So that was my start of the day. Since then I have had breakfast, read your posts, and copied down the delightful B.wishes for my Dori. She will be so delighted.

So, for you gals that wished you still drove...take a tip from my dream and be happy you do NOT drive anymore. It was a nightmare dreaming my car was perilously stuck on that very high curb...and out in the midst of nowhere to make it even more scary.

Time to make my bed, and get myself presentable for the day. That reminds me,my Mom, in her stage of dementia always worried about looking "respectable". What a sweet proud lady she was.

As long as we are here, let's dance.

halkel

June, we have a street in our area named "Silent Sunrise" and when it was built and they put in the curbs they did not fill, with dirt, on the outside of the curb.  So, I have ridden by there several times and found people high centered on those curb, especially at the end of the street where you turn onto it from the a main street  The curb is very high with nothing either side.

Larry, I normally just go into one of the pedicure places and get a nail trim and file down.  They always take care of me as a walk in.  I used to go to a foot doctor every quarter but she got very busy and seemed to be getting more backed up when I had an appointment.  It didn't cost me anything out of pocket my Medicare and Tricare for Life paid for it, I think my TFL paid, medicare I don't think covered it.

JaneS

HAL, Medicare pays for my nail care every 9 weeks.  I end up paying $8.20 out of pocket which I consider to be reasonable since I don't really go every 9 weeks.  I probably go about every 3 months and I'm in and out in about 20 minutes or so.

I'm going to go drop my book at the library and donate a few (if they want them).  I've truly been lazy today. 

JUNE, please add my good wishes for Dori's birthday.  She deserves the best!

Shirley

Okay, I check on Joan first... then looked to see if I put a link in about the lady that wrote the article about "flushing the brain".... I didn't find that I did so will post the link.  She writes for the Washington Post, link provides list of health & scientific articles, even the one I had saved that came out in our local paper.  https://meerinkim.contently.com/pub/the-washington-post 

Jennie, I looked at the kids' house & can understand why they love it.  Hopefully they can find something like it there.  Cost of living higher in Denver?  My gr-son (Andy's boy) wants to move to Denver, don't know if he's put in his resume' yet, he hates to leave Wichita but thinks Andy will visit often so they can camp together.  Andy's wife gets back today, with her mother.  Not sure how long it will take to get her moved into assisted or memory care place, think they evaluate the person before.  A few months ago they thought she was able to go into independent living so made a down payment on a place for her.... and she seems to be progressing fast now, but they aren't sure if it's because she wasn't taking good care of herself (eating right) & taking meds right.  A worry, for sure. 

I can't concentrate, have jobs started all over the house & need to wind up something/anything!  Be back later, didn't sleep long enough to clear out brain.  Maybe threw out the brains with the trash? 

Denver

A good Saturday HELLO to all.

Another beautiful day here in the Mile High City.

Tonight my granddaughter  has a dance recital, and I am looking forward to going.  GrandBob and our youngest grandson will spend time together while we are away. 

I was hoping to see a post from Our Joan, but as we all know, she will post when she can.  I just pray that she is settling in to her new home and feeling better each day.

SHIRLEY, Brian already has offers on his home, so now they must decide which one to accept.  Cost of living is very comparable between Austin and Denver.  The housing market is exactly the same....prices are high, and a nice place goes fast!  I hope they find a good place for the mother.  I know this must be very stressful for them. I hope Andy's son can move to Denver if that is his desire.  Just take a deep breath and try not to overwhelm yourself with all you have to get done. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Dorie, JUNE.  Enjoy your time together.  Today is my "daughter" in ðŸ'—'S Birthday as well. 

Have a great day EVERYFRIEND!

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JoanFL

Hello Everyfriend.  I haven't moved yet.  I got a severe case of the stomach flu on Monday, so Joe and Ed's flights had to be changed as well as my transport arrangements.  We hope to go next Tues. or Wed.  I miss you all.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

CallieOK

Oh, Joan,  I am so very sorry for your illness and having to change moving plans.   Thinking of you with love and prayers.

Amy

:hugs: Joan :hugs:
Hope you feel better and soon. get plenty of rest, yes you are likely tired of hearing that but it does help. Please take care and we all miss you ..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Oh, Joan, so sorry about the stomach flu.... not fun even when you start out feeling good & sure doesn't help when it messes up such an important move as you are making.  Hope you are better fast.  Take it easy.... don't stress out.      :sorry: :bestwishes: :calm: :hugs:

halkel

:banghead: :aaah:  Hope you get well real quick and have a pleasant trip.

JaneS

OH NO!  Here we all thought you were taking your time to settle in and you haven't even left yet.  I hope you are already feeling better and will be moving soon!  Please take care of YOU!  We need  you!

Lloyd Hammond

Well on the nail trim If you Have a supplemental insurance no out of pocket $$
Nancy dose that. just some food for thought. well it is partly sunny and 83 º not reached the high they called for here. that is alright with me I am a couch Jockey today (lazy Me today) any way. hope you are all haveing the sort os a day you Like.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Thanks to Everyfriend for your kind thoughts.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Sandy

Joanfl

When you are ready, you will go. with
"fair winds and following seas".....   

Best wishes,
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan