Random Image

Wesley-puppies

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 5-29-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, May 29, 2017, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Hi everyone....thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts for hubby. We all know there is power in prayer and he sure needs it. He is not out of the woods yet but has a wonderful team of nurses looking after him. The "few" days they thought he might be in for will be more than a few but it is the best place for him to be.

Both dogs are looking for him and I even had to wake them up this morning to come for their breakfast....they miss Dad..

I hope everyone is in good health and happy  in their hearts.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Amy--I am so glad to read a report on hubby.  You are right that he is in the best place for now.  I continue to pray for him.  You are also in my prayers.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

halkel

Amy, I'll bet the pups aren't the only one missing Dad.  Prayers are headed your way for his recovery and your comfort.  Don't make yourself sick trying to be every place at once.

JaneS

Hello, I don't know what I did but I wasn't brought back to this board.  I was taken to others so it wasn't the web site.  Anyway,  I did get my errands done and I feel pretty good about the day. 

I still have to pick up some groceries and I'll do that after church and the Farmers Market tomorrow morning.  I can't do it all in one day any more.  I don't understand it.  Most of the time I don't feel old but I guess i must be getting there.

Amy, it's good to see you posting today.  Your hubby is definitely in the right place.  Those nurses will see that he has everything he needs.  They are truly "angels of mercy". 

I'm going to watch one more episode of the last season of Downton Abbey and then I'm going to go to bed.  The dryer just stopped so I can make my bed up and it will be ready when I'm ready.  Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Amy, prayers will continue for your husband and you. These times do arrive when we feel very tested, but with God's loving care for you and your man I am confident that He will provide the physical and mental strength you both need . Poor doggies, they don't understand at all what is happening in the wonderful world with the two of you. Keep strong Amy. This too will pass.

Janie, I understand so well your feelings of tiredness that seem to come on so quickly. I am much older than you, and do nothing to tire myself, where as you are always pushing yourself. You are a wise lady, and I know that you will do what is best for yourself.

I may come back to say goodnight, but it is already late where most of you live, so I will wish you all a peaceful night and a happy Sunday morning. Hugs and Love always, June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone. well it is time for me to hit the hay.

Amy I am with everyone else with Prayers for you and your husband. may be a speedy recovery for him.

Bis it is also good to see you posting again. hope you are feeling as good as you look in your photo.

May you all have a great restfully sleep. hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

A after thought do any of you know why and how the  phrase came about hit the hay. I think I have heard why.

Lloyd

Shirley

I started to read but can't make my eyes focus, got home late last night & been unloading in near 100 degree weather all day, tired to the bone.  Kids all offered to help but I gotta do it myself if I ever want to find things.  A very long 10 day week with heart breaking day when old LaurenKat jumped out of the RV door & disappeared.  Being feral I knew we would not see her again with so many people around.  She was determined to get out & we did our best to not let it happen.  I do believe, because she is 18 years old, that she knew it was her time to die and wanted privacy, she was different from the start of the trip over all the other trips the last 3 years.  BUT, I will go back to the same spot in mid Sept to see if she is alive and wants to live with us again.  I know it's a long shot but it was my job to take care of her and only thing I can do.  She will hide from all the campers until fall but if alive, may come back to the only spot familar to her.  I know all of you pet lovers know how this feels. I sure didn't want to leave her behind.... not knowing.

Had a bath this morning but being Sat night,.... and dripping wet, I need to shower & wash my hair for early morning.

Amy, so sorry about your husband, extra prayers for you both.  Hope the hospital is not so far away so you can visit without too long of a drive.  We are so near hospitals I could visit Cas some times twice a day and would take a small dish of fruit in season or special snack to please him.

Jane, I see comments about your having times of extreme exaustion... I know what you mean!  Hits all of a sudden and "sit or fall down".  I never got over altitude sickness this time but pushed "the boys" (2 sons & 1 gr-son) into hiking & fishing without me.  I went along to towns of Salida & Buena Vista in AC car.   :thumbup:  Take care.

Howdy to all.... and yes, the problem with the RV this time was the accessory battery I had to buy out there last year, would not hold a charge more than 8-10 hours, not using any power except background stuff & running the frig & freezer on propane.  Had to start the engine to get the generator to start.... BUT, Andy took the battery back to Walmart & since it had a full exchange for 2 years, brought back a new one.  In MO I use electricity & at home I put it in "storage" mode when not plugged in to get the frig & freezer cooled down before I leave, so didn't know it was a bad battery.  Motorhome not as important as thinking about an old cat left behind.   :tissue:

Will catch up with all the news tomorrow, laundry & putting things away.  Still looking for 2 door keys that I put "somwhere I wouldn't forget".... after having the house broken in once, I take all keys to doors, cars & gates so I don't have to have new locks put in.

Lloyd, always thought we "hit the hay" because people slept in hay lofts or made beds out of hay & thought it comfy. Since I come from "your neck of the woods"..... we probably grew up with the same lingo.   :thumbup:

Sweet dreams to all.  Shirley

Gloria

Just cannot sleep so what better to do than come here. Not too hot today but very humid.

LARRY  talking with my daughter it was 100° there and they were both staying inside. She said the swamp cooler is working great and puts just enough moisture in the air. Great news about your friend's wife. Prayers do work.

HAL  smart girl, I watch that show when I can. Some of those kids have a lot of talent.

AMY  prayers for your hubby and for you, too. I think your vehicle must know it's way to the hospital and home by now with all those trips.

JANE  I had to sign in here just now. Have not had to do that is a long time. I made a grocery order today for delivery on Monday morning. Good time, my CNA can help put things away.

LLOYD  maybe hit the hay started when they used it to make a mattress to sleep on?

SHIRLEY  so sorry about LaurenKat.
She is getting old and like you said might have felt it was her time. I know some animals do that.

Hope you are all in dreamland and I think I will try to get there again.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
well Shirley and Gloria you both have about the same thoughts as I rember.
I was thinking that the first Mattresses,were made with straw for filling.
along that line also as they never had no preventative's for bugs is where don't let the bedbugs bite. thank God for the knowledge someone had to invent inter spring and foam covered Mattress. I am going back to bed and get some more
ZZZZe's on mine. hope you all get a great night's  sleep.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning to all the Seniors and Friends.

And, I special Good Morning to our Joan,.  So happy to have her back and look forward to her special greetings here in Senior and Friends.

Kind of a cloudy, misty morning.  Hope it will clear off.  Although, scattered showers are predicted.   Right now it looks like the sun might be peaking through the clouds.

Shirley,  I am so sorry to hear about your trip and the loss of your special LaurenKat.  I can just imagine how sad the trip home had to be for you.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to find her when you go back in September.  Things like that, do happen.  Get yourself some rest after all the unpacking.  I can remember doing all that when we had our RV.  Hope it was a good trip, otherwise.  I bet it was nice to be with your sons and grandson, tho.

I was up early and made  up some cheese Danish,  which I make out of refrigerated crescent rolls and a cream cheese filling.  One is calling me now.  Will have a cup of tea and a dish of fruit along with the Danish.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Grand dads today.   Hope you all have a special day with families.

Joy

BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Joy well I am back up hope for the day. thanks for the Good wishes hope all have a great day. we had another rain in the night, lot of thunder and lightning.
Instant weather saying parley sunny here but I see no sun only clouds. it is also saying going to the upper 80's I do not that have a hard time breathing
now days as it is. two three hundred feet at a fast pace i am panting like a dog.
see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Love the memories that came with your card, Gloria..... Thanks!   My father had an old typewriter like that, but extra long cartridge for the papers he had to handle at work.  He insisted I bring it home some years before he died, but I took it back so any of my brothers or sister could choose to save if they wanted.  No matter we all had electric typewriters or even computers by that time, Dad thought he had a gem.  My only remaining brother has it sitting on his desk at home, he forgot I even had it for a while.  Hopefully one of his kids will treasure and save it.  My gr-kids or their spouses are not sentimental and dispose of anything they don't use "today", even if they have to buy it again later.  Not happy with the new generation of disposable attitude.  All 3 of my kids are sentimental but face the fact that their kids are not.

Thanks for the sympathy about LaurenKat.... I do miss her early morning routine of greeting me with squeals of "hurry and open the door so I can go outside".  She did love her freedom more than food or anyone but Cas.... she seemed to be okay with traveling, didn't get sick (didn't eat until we were stopped), always in charge of Tom & Tiger..... But she was different this time, even before she escaped. 

Joy, your cheese Danish sounds delicious.... will have to try it sometime when kids are coming over.  I just fixed some crescent rolls not long ago but never thought about filling them.  Any special directions?

Oops, Lloyd, you slipped in when I tried to post.  Know what you mean about panting like a dog... that was why I didn't do much walking or hiking in the high altitude, have enough trouble getting around in this flat land!

Time to head out the door for church..... raining so will feel good!  Super Sunday to all.............  Shirley

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  You've heard the exprssion "all dressed up and no where to go", haven't you?  That would be me this morning.  My car battery has decided to take a rest and won't turn over for anything.  I don't want to disturb my son or my SIL on Father's Day to come and jump start it so I'm on the lookout for my good neighbor to show his face.  He's not a father and his car is right here so I'm sure he won't mind.  In the meantime, I'm missing church but I suppose God will understand.  He already knows I'm a bit forgetful.  This time, I left the lights on. 

Shirley, I'm so sorry about LaurenKat.  But I'm thinking you are probably right and she knew she needed to this one last thing alone.  I hope I'm wrong and she returns to you in September.  I know how much you love the kitties.

When I get it started, I'll take a short drive to give everything a lift and then I'll still be able to stop at the Farmers Market and the grocery store.  However, they will both be much busier by that time.  DRAT!

Amy says that her hubby is still in an agitated state and they are trying to calm him down.  In addition, his potassium level is very low so they are working on that problem also.  Of course, it doesn't help her state of mind that he wants to go home.  I'm sure she'll stop in when she can.  She asks that we continue to pray for him.

I hope Everyfriend's day begins better than mine but I'm holding onto that the fact that my problem is solvable. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Tisie, sorry about your kitty cat.  One thing about it, she knows how to take care of herself.

Janie, ooops, left the lights on.  You can always attend church with the TV.  I have done that on occasion when I didn't feel up to going in person.

Got to get a move on myself and get myself ready.

Everyone have a great day.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We do have a sunny Sunday morning after another nice rain last evening.  It is only suppose to be in the high 80's today with a continue chance of a little more rain.  I expect it will be a typical Sunday for us as we plan on going to Sunday School and Church and then will get some lunch.  Later this afternoon I will watch the conclusion of the men's golf tournament.

Hal, thanks for the link.  That little girl knows her mind and was a handful for Steve Harvey.

Lloyd, to bad the horse show had to be postponed but getting needed rain is more important.  My wife's sister called her late last evening to say she had survived the big storm and rain that hit Kansas City.  Did you get some of that same storm.  She said many homes were without electricity due to the storm.

Amy, glad your husband is getting good care and is where he needs to be with the medical professionals.  I hope each day will see some improvement for him and he will soon be home again. 

JaneS, we couldn't wait for each season of Downton Abbey to be shown.  That was a great show as are many of the British special shows like it.  Sorry your car battery conked out on you but at least you know the reason. 

Shirley, too bad that LaurenKat escaped and put a damper on your camping trip.  Cats certainly have minds of their own.  I bet she will know you if you find her in the fall. Glad your battery had a full exchange provision and hope this one last longer. 

Gloria, I know what a swamp cooler is as my folks had that in the mobile home they owned in Apache Junction, Arizona for several years.  They certainly cooled a hot place off well.

Gloria, delightful Father's Day card.  The typing sound sure brought back memories of learning to type on an old Underwood typewriter my dad had.  That is certainly some animation and editing skill exhibited on that card. 

Lloyd Hammond

Larry here we only had a short surge of power loss just enough to make the clock flash. but Kc has a lot of outages. My friend bob has bee called back to work several times he has been working up to 30 hours straight. a few off and repeat . hard on his body but good for his paycheck. still very cloudy here but so far no more leaking from the sky.   Have a great day.

Lloyd

Mary Ann

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers and uncles and may you have a great day.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

A very Happy Fathers Day to all our dear Dads here in the Soda Shoppe and beyond. I wish you Joy, Peace and Perfect Health. Hugs to all.
As long as we are here, let's dance.