Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe June 25, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, June 25, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

. That is quite a story about the gal and her wedding dress.  Thank goodness she got it back.   I hope the humidity lessens somyour feet don't swell too muc,.

June--I am d8re for your needs your facility has the amenities you need.  It would be nice if you didn't have to haul your la8ndry to another location.

Sandy--I, too, keep my iPHONE close by.  When I go out I just put it in one of my purse pockets.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Denver

A Good Friday to EVERYFRIEND! 

Wow, here we are starting another holiday weekend.  I saw so many campers packed up and headed out of town.  Kind of glad I am not! 

We had a wonderful meal last night at the Mexican place.  I had two crispy chili rellanos with rice and beans smothered in green chili.  It was delicious. 

HAL, I have unfortunately had watery chili in the past as well with no flavor at all.  Hard to believe the waitress would tell you it is very spicy as clearly it was not.  I think New Mexico has some of the best Mexican Food.  They consistently use Hatch Green Chilies and they are very flavorful.  Mexican Food that is extremely hot has no flavor...it just burns so badly.  I want a nice spicy taste with flavor. 

LARRY, most Mexican Food that we have eaten in other parts of the states is pretty Americanized.  That is not necessarily bad....it can be quite tasty.  A lot of Tex Mex is delicious, it is just different than our Mexican Food here in the Southwest.  Sorry the repair is that high on the PT Cruiser.  Seems everything is so pricey these days.  Our 30K check on our car was $400. and I could hardly believe it.  Oil change, rotate tires and a couple of other things...seemed like highway robbery to me.

Smokey and Oliver are getting better each day accepting each other.  In time I bet they will be the best of buds.  I sure hope so!

We drove Brian out towards the airport this morning and met up with Cathy.  They are now winging their way back to Austin.  They will finish things up and will plan to drive the last bit of stuff up in the car a week from tomorrow. 

GLORIA, it is kind of funny to think your grandson is the age of my youngest son....and yet, age in here really doesn't seem to matter. 

JOAN, happy the guys stopped by and ordered the part you need for your computer.  Yesterday Bob and Brian went and bought a new router as ours was so slow.  Brian hooked it up in no time and the speed is ten fold faster.  Bob needs a new mouse and keyboard and I think he is going to go with wireless also. 

Enjoy your day. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon everyone . It is very hot and humid here also. the last two twenty four periods we have had one & 4 tenths  rain.

Sandy whom has any Money ? my wife has several purses And any one of them has lot more room than we ever had money to fill. Have a great day counting your Money. I am getting too old to every want another lady but if Nancy dies on me I might get another for her Money, I sure do not have any of my owen , I have any always been able to spend all I get. Nancy keeps telling she Love me But I am not sure of that she Keeps fixing all this fattening food to make fatter and maybe cause a heart trouble and kill me off.

Lloyd

Carol

Sandy:   :thumbup: Wonderful news on your checkup! 

Gloria:  It really irks me that you have that mean woman in charge.  It sure isn't healthy to have someone so negative "in charge". 

We have stayed home all day because our neighbor needs help when a delivery truck delivers outdoor furniture and she cannot open the boxes that must be looked at right away for any defect.  She is a dear friend and we want to help - the fault is these delivery people are not always kind enough to give a heads-up on delivery time. 

So, I baked 2 batches of banana walnut muffins and froze most of them.  Yesterday, I made a large pot of beef stew and froze that meal - for whoever comes next week.  My cousin isn't sure they will be here or stay overnight. 

Hal:  we were given a phone from daughter and the bill came with an extra $75 tab because they had to change the name and number.  Now, how fast can they do that job?

Jenny:  Which Mexican restaurant did you mean?  I certainly hope your son's dog and your kitty get along.  ---- I met friends at Michel Pierre's bakery/cafe this week.  Yum but I don't even think about the thousand calories.  Take care.   

Lloyd Hammond

well as i have told you all before a bad penny always returns and here I am.
you could most likely not guess so I will tell you what I had for the evening Meal. we Had fried green tomatoes and fried fish, tomatoes were from our owen plants but fish was store bought. Now how was that to make your mouth water.

Lloyd

Shirley

Lloyd, a while back you asked if "we owned the land to the river"... answer is, No, not sure if it's owed by the Corp of Engineers or the city Park Department, but we were told that "they learned their lesson about people owning land joining the river".... and don't allow it inside the city.  That's okay with us, as long as "they" don't make it so people can wander around like on the other side, where the city built a bike-path that goes from the zoo west of us to downtown & all around town.  On this side it is more private but we can't fence it off.  By the way, my husband liked fried green tomatoes, something I never tasted. I tried to fix some for him, like he said his mother made.  Such a mess, I told him if he ever wanted any more he could go home & let Mama fry them!!!  I like fried onions & fried green beans, but had no clue what those fried green tomatoes should taste like... NOT what I cooked, I'm sure!!!   :crazy2:

I finally called the Fitbit tech help to get this new HR charge 2 so it would tell me how much I sleep.  I know I don't get enough but has been shocking to see how little (when the old one was working right). My resting heart rate gets super high without enough sleep. 

Need to get out & check, think it is cooler this evening.  Been taking a B-1 vitamin to keep the mosquitoes away but guess I'll have to spray tonight, takes about half an hour for the vitamin to go through my system so the mosquitoes don't like me.  Been one of those days of doing odd jobs, just stop and do them!  Had to call son & wife to show me how to empty the new Shark.... and how to fill water in the new iron.  Then I stopped & did a hem job on a towel that was raveling on the sides.... just when they get soft & no lint & the seams get stringy.  Need to find something else to eat, had some roast & those "steamer" veggies, too lazy to go get carry out.

Jenny, I love good Mexican food & agree, you have tasty places in CO. 

Better get moving.  Sweet dreams to all.

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley well as you know I have a good wife ( maybe trying to get fattening up for Market ) I do not know how to tell you about the taste Just Know I love it.
you need a bowel with milk in it another with flour and some salt and pepper in it. and another with egg's beat up and another with bread crumbs in it. I am sure you know how to toast the bread in the oven and crumble it. hot skillet medium heat then dip in milk and then in flower and then in the egg's and then in the bread crumbs and fry slow  turning a couple times until well browned.
I ate most of a large green tomato. oh yes slice it a short 1/2 " thick. I am full as a tick but telling me think I need another. But will Waite until tomorrow. And try again. have a grate rest of the evening. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Lloyd

June Drabek

It has been a good day here in CA. at least in my area. From what I have read you are all doing fine and I am thankful for that. Tomorrow will be July with one BIG holiday that I hope will be safe and sane for all. I will spend another quiet day at home waiting for my delivery of groceries from Von's. I give them a four hour delivery window and save six dollars. Same day delivery is over 12 dollars. The bring it right into my apartment, I sign for it, and off they go.

Have a peaceful night dear friends. I send you prayers for your health, and a happy tomorrow. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Not quite sure if I am up for the day  or not yet.
I how ever am going to go do the hot wax treatment on My hands, maybe a couple of times,artier is pinching them this morning big time. hope you all have a great day just as you like it. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Muggy here with the threat of more rain.Need to gather up garbage to take to the dump today then I am in for the day...I hope! VON is coming for the next few days to check on hubby. Thank goodness for rollators , he is using his,not all the time but more than I thought he would.

Better get a move on here,

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, we are back in humidity again.Chance of thunderstorms again. One thing good though, my grandson emailed me that he will come and check this computer this week end. I knew he would but when he was ready. Guess when one is on call 24/7 to solve computer problems when you have free time you do not want to look at another computer. Of course most of his work in done online from his office and little hands on. Had a nice surprise yesterday. My oldest son came here and stayed a few hours. Unusual for him. I did enjoy it. Then his son going to come to check my PC and second son will be here later today. He comes here most every week end.

JOAN  no more computer for you? My daughter uses her iPad for every thing since they moved. That and her iPhone sure get a workout now.Hope you did not tire yourself doing your washing.

HAL  some nights I am in bed by 8:30 and others close to midnight. Glad your back felt better after moving around.  I do know that feeling. I think I am going to cancel my appointment with the pain doctor,those shots in my back are not helping. For 1 day it works and then it is the same old thing. I can no longer eat hot spicy food and at one time I loved it.

LARRY  some of the people I have had here and see what they did or did not do I wonder what their homes look like. One place I will not let them near is the computer area with all those wires I am afraid they would mess something up. I had one, and older one mid 50's and I called the office and told her to please not send her again. I had to go over everything she did and for me I was worn out for a couple of days after.

JUNE  only 1 washer and dryer on each floor? How many live on a floor? We have 4 washers and dryers on the main floor and only 2 people wait till they have so may things they use all the washers. Some are beginning to complain to the manager about that.

GLORIA de  seems like that bride would have been more careful with her wedding dress. Glad it worked out good for her.

SANDY  I have a pouch under the seat of my rollator, it has a little net place on either side and I keep my cellphone in one side and my keys in the other. Always check before  I go out my door to make sure I have both.

JENNY  when I think of the age of my 3 and the ages of my grands I feel so ancient. Other times it is hard to believe I am 86 and have been retired for 21 years.  We have 1 lady who is now 100n and another who will be 100 in a few months, several in their 90's, the youngest is almost 70 now. We do not think much about ages here. I love the wireless keyboard and mouse.

LLOYD  just because Nancy is a good cook does not mean you have to keep eating all she cooks. Never mind going back for second or third helpings of something very tasty.

CAROL  we had a nice few days. Manager left early Wednesday and will not be back till next Wednesday. She gets paid for a 8 hour day 5 days a week. This time she took a very long week end. We all like it when she is not here and we all behave and are happier.

HAL  the tomatoes from your garden sound good but I really do not care for fish.

SHIRLEY  you do too much and are too tired to get a good night's sleep.

JUNE  where I order groceries online once in awhile they give us a pass that is good for 6 months and deliveries are free, no matter how much you spend. Other than that over $100 most time is is free delivery and under that it is $6.95 no matter what time you pick for delivery.

AMY  I believe that rollators are one of the best things to come along for those like us who need one to get around, mush better that the old type walkers.

Now that I wrote a book I better get moving.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We are having another overcast day with still chances for more rain.  However, it is going to be hot and humid as well. 

I am going to attend my Saturday meeting this morning and afterwards stop at Walmart to pick up Pat's online order.  That will save another trip downtown.  Other than watching some golf this afternoon I have nothing else on my schedule.

Yesterday garage called and said our car was ready for pickup.  So in mid-afternoon we drove down to get it and it was sitting outside.  So I told Pat to just go on and meet me at the Church parking lot as we were going to eat our main meal of the day before coming home.  I pay the bill and get in the car and start it and try to put it in gear and the gear shift just moves around without going into any gear.  So I go back in the garage and the service person comes out and checks and has the same experience.  Apparently in the repair work being done the shift cables were disconnected so I had to leave it.  I was going to call Pat but the garage said no they would take me where I needed to go so the owner young son took me to meet Pat.  We then went out to a BBQ place for our meal.  We hadn't been there before and we found the food very good.  It may be after the 4th of July before I can get the car but told them I wasn't in a hurry as seldom use it.  I have never had an experience like that before where the repair garage broke my car.  :)

June, it sounds like a good plan to have your laundry done for you.  With only one washer and dryer available it must be difficult to find a time to do it yourself plus it takes away your time from other things. 

Joan, glad your son had already helped you out.  I read a lot lying down and I am finding holding my iPhone to read is difficult and may have contributed to my painful knuckle on my left hand.  So last evening I order a little adjustable stand for the iPhone that has I think 10 different slots to adjust the angle and I have a book stand that I can sit it on and I hope it will work well.  If so I will probably order another to use at my desk. It also folds down flat so will fit under the book stand pillow on my night stand where I keep my iPad.

deAngel, that bridge must have had a lot on her mind but all's well that ends well as the old saying goes. 

Sandy, like you I keep my cell phone in a belt holder on my bedside table at night and have it on the charger there. 

Jenny, I love chili rellanos if made with the right peppers.  Mexican food is always very filling and usually relatively inexpensive. That does seem very expensive for those services on your car.  Was this service on your Lexus? That is a fairly long way to the Denver airport isn't it from your house?

Lloyd, my wife keeps a lot of other things in her purse besides money, which takes up just a little bit of room.  I bet Nancy fixes that good food for you because she loves you and knows you enjoy it.  You can have my share of the fried green tomatoes and the fish.  Fish is OK if it doesn't have a real fishy taste. 

Shirley, I had never heard of friend green tomatoes until we moved to the South and they serve a lot of them around here.  I have started taking a B-1 vitamin but have never heard about it keeping the mosquitoes away.  We don't seem to have much of a problem with mosquitoes around here but think that is because the city sprays for them and also because we don't spend much time outdoors. 

Amy, that rollator could well prevent your husband from a fall as I am sure you know.

Gloria, I hope your grandson gets your computer back in top notch condition.  Nice of your sons to come and see you often. 

Lloyd Hammond

OK Gloria I got your message Loud and clear please don't hit me again I will try to do better. I have enough cuts and bruises for a while. I sort of have the laze's today but am nearly dressed and have in my head to go to shop and careful work on putting the ruining boards on the truck. Nancy nor I can step up as high as is the floorboards of it. I can get in it by backing up to the seat and grabbing the steering wheel and pulling my fat bode in it.  cant jump anymore either. Have a great day hope to see you all later.

Lloyd

JaneS

I went to the berry patch and picked lots of black raspberries this morning. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone.
It looks like tomorrow is going to be hot,
but  otherwise for the 10 days or so,
it isi going to be warm but not too hot.
That is unusual for July, which tends to be hot  and humid.

Kelly's two girls,  Maeve and Maggie have joined her
in Switzerland....   (The two of them will be travelling
around  Europe and the UK for the nexti six weeks,   

Kelly will spend this week with them,  then they
are separating and the girls will be on their own
for the next 5 weeks.        WOW

Kelly and I traveled Europe in the 80's,  and now her
and her girls are doing the same.   

Life is funny sometimes .   
"What goes around seems  to come around, 
sometimes. 

I have been spending time watching them fly away
and of course worrying about them all.     

But I am glad that they are happy and able to
enjoy life.    (still)

All is well, have a good weekend !

Sandy
:wave2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I do not know how you do it I sure can't do it any more. I went to the shop and swept a very little spot and i walked around looking for a tool about 20 min. , finely found it right in plain sight. I put ma chop saw in the truck and a can of gas for it to take down to bob's and have him get it tuned up and I am wore to a frazzle. not trying to tell age but I think you are a bit older than me.
must be Nancy's fault keeping me so fat..

Lloyd

Carol

Good Saturday to all! 

Don is taking his walk before it gets too hot.  I was on a treadmill this morning but then did feel a little weak.  Then, a phone call came that a good friend was in ER and diagnosed with an ulcer.  We don't know if she will have surgery or not.  She is full-time caregiver for her frail husband.  I have two friends who care almost total caregivers to husbands. 

Lloyd:  Stop blaming Nancy for being "too fat" as you always write.  Nancy is a saint  ;)  When I can't "see" something that should be right there - I walk away and come back to look again and sure can finally see the missing thing.  If it is a black color, I have to look twice as much. 

Gloria:  So nice that your sons are in the area.  We have one grandson spending a day with us next week and he will be re staining the deck - which we cleaned and dried two days ago.  Nice that the Wicked One is away for a while - you need a break. 

Jenny:  Was that El Senor Sol for your crispy rellanos?  The one closest to your house?  Yum.

June Drabek

Good afternoon all. It has been a busy morning for me. I did two loads of laundry, so had to rest a bit more after getting all things folded and put away. And I have reserved the 11 to 3 window for my grocery delivery, so I will be "at home" the rest of the day, unless later I need to take a walk, and maybe go down for supper..that is all 'iffy". Right now I am here to listen and converse with all of you…….

We are having an overcast, cool morning. Just the way I like it.

Gloria, there are currently 30 or 33 people on our third floor, with one washer and dryer. I don't know what the original plan was to have so few appliances, but I suspect there are some pretty wealthy folks here that send their laundry out. There are about the same number on the second floor with the same style laundry room. I know the lady that lives below me brings her laundry up here to the third floor, and there are no appliances on the first floor where more folks are not up to doing laundry, and those that can come up here. Hence the crowding. We are not to launder till 7 a.m. , till 7p.m. Next community meeting I plan to bring up the problem of overcrowding in the laundry room

The sun just peeked in my window.

Larry, that must have been a very frightening experience starting the car and no shift control. I am surprised they hadn't checked it our before releasing it to you. I intend to find out the cost of having laundry done…it just personal things, the linens are done for us, but they do a lovely job on the clothing. The weekend is not the time to get this information, so I'll learn more Monday

Janie..lucky you, having a berry patch available. We had one in the neighborhood where I grew up in Mn. but not out here in the different cities I have lived in.

Sandy, I am so happy your girls are getting to do the same style of seeing Europe as you did.

Carol..good advice you gave Lloyd. We don't have to be food-a-holics. We have choices we can make.

O.K. off I go before Lloyd thinks I'm picking on him. Perhaps I do, but I would pick on all my loved ones if I felt they were harming themselves.

Denver

CAROL, I answered your question about the Mexican Restaurant last night, but I do not see it!  When I logged in today it was on POST but it was blank....I guess I forgot to post and then it timed out.   Anyway, it is El Tajado Mex Restaurant on S. Broadway, just N. of Yale.  It has been there for years. 

Yes, LARRY, it was the 30k maintenance service on my Lexus.  I am sorry to read your problem when picking up your PT Cruiser.  I discovered that my power seat is not returning to it's place since I picked my car.   Bob has looked at it and can not see what the problem could be.  Gurrr.  The drive to the airport is about 30 minutes barring no bad traffic issues. 

SANDY, how nice that your girls are enjoying the tradition that you and your daughter started.  What a fun expierence they will all have. 

GLORIA, live it up with the old bag away!!!

JUNE, that is way too many units to share two washer and dryers.

My missing post was right after your post last night, SHIRLEY.  I know I commented something to you as well as CAROL, but I sure do not remember now. 

Dr. Dave just posted a picture on FB of a bear walking through his backyard.  The other night when we were there there was a bob cat in the neighbors backyard.  She yelled down to us to be careful with the doggies.....
When we left his place the other night we saw a HUGE Elk standing on the side of the road....it was spectacular to see.  They and we, have a lot of wild life around in our areas, so it is mandatory to not let our pets out of our site.  There have been many pet lost and pets found this week in particular.....

I wish you ALL a good Saturday. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well am sorry I up set folks , but Nancy picks on me also just not here. I try to get her to get on here but she refuses saying she might mess up the computer
I tell her can't do any worse than I do and we have folks that can fix it if we do.
we just tease do not throw rocks or get out weapons of valance. we just got home we went over to Bobs moms shed and had a very good forth early meal. must have been 60 70 people there. problem is I ate too much. you know me
on a see food diet see food and eat it. hope to see you all tomorrow good Night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Lloyd, I'm glad you had a good dinner out. Both you and Nancy have earned a rest.

I nearly took a spill tonight...sat down crooked or something while waiting for an elevator. sure made my heart beat faster. So, I'm ready for an early bed.

Sleep well dear heart's, while God keeps watch. June

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Another day of liquid sunshine here..

Yesterday was a lost day for me, I did get the garbage to the dump but no baking done. VON came and went and I went and laid down got up at 12.20 made lunch then went and laid down again till a bit after 3 pm. I think I am caught up on my sleep now :)

A day of rest here.. will see how that days goes  and may bath the dogs.

June ,I am so glad you didn't fall!!! Hope you have a better day today.

Lloyd, you made me laugh when you mentioned your sea food diet...I assume you're the one in control of your fork so you can't blame Nancy dear man.

Gloria, he has to do exercises the physio lady gave him and maybe down the line he can put the rollator aside but for now it sure is a blessing to have!

Jenny, we also live in an area of wildlife and I love it.On my walks I see deer,moose a wolf and lots of different birds. Someone said they saw a bear just up the road from us.

Carol, it has been a while since I have had a date with my sewing machine, of course that also means no date either with Jack the Ripper too. :2funny: Maybe today I can get some sewing done.

Larry, oh boy good job you have two vehicles and don't have to rely on one.

Hal, where are you??? Hope everything is alright.

Jane, when you pick berries do you eat a few also? :)

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

AMY, the berry farm where I go has a policy...."one for the bucket and 2 for you".  I do my share to uphold their policy!

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Amy, yesterday was kinda a nothing day.  The ladies of the family all got together and went shopping and I just kicked back here at home and did absolutely nothing.  I am also watching my back.  "I think" the shots I got Thursday are working this time.  I have had very little pain in my back and walking is not bothering me too much.

The wife and daughter leave tomorrow for their trip to the UK and France.  But I will be pretty busy, I have to go to the dentist on the 5th for a consult on my tooth to see if a root canal will save it, if not then to a different dentist to get it removed.  I told my dentist, and will tell the one I see on the 5th, no guessing if there is any doubt I want it removed.  I don't want to spend, and I don't have that kind of money, a 1000 dollars on a tooth.  I still have one I need capped other than this root canal.

JaneS, you berry picking sounds like one I would like.  And the ratio is about right, 2 for you 1 for the bucket.

Weather here is hot and humid, no rain in sight. Temps in high 90's.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We had a hot, humid and dry day yesterday.  Today may be the same although showers are possible this afternoon and evening.  We expect this to be our normal Sunday with attendance at Sunday School and Church and then getting something to eat before coming home for a restful afternoon. 

About 2 pm yesterday the garage called saying my car was ready.  They offered to send someone out with it that I could then return to the shop.  That way Pat didn't have to get out again as we had been out yesterday morning.  That worked out well and all seems to be well with the car.  It now shifts well.

Lloyd, that sounds like a very large truck.  You are not alone in not being able to see something right in front of me.  Sometimes I look in the refrigerator or pantry for an item, can't find it and Pat will look or I will look again and there is was right in the front. 

Carol, I feel for anyone who is a full-time caregiver.  At least an ulcer for your friend can be treated and she should be OK. 

June, glad you are going to check on having your laundry done.  It sounds like your laundry situation for your building is one that needs to be addressed by management.  I wasn't frightened with the car situation as just as the car wouldn't move and it was sitting right outside of the garage.  I didn't worry about it as knew they would fix it and that it shouldn't cost me anymore as it was shifting fine when I took it in.  I just wonder how they got it out of the garage bay. 

Jenny, surely the dealer would fix your car seat problem under warranty.  Too bad you will have to make another trip to the dealer to have it fixed.  That sounds like a great feature to have on the car.  I sure wouldn't want to see a bear or bobcat in my backyard.

Amy, sometimes we just need some extra rest and you have been on quite a merry-go-round for quite awhile.  Glad you allowed yourself to take that time for yourself. 

Hal, nice to read that the new shots you have may be helping your back.  Perhaps those with the PT will help you feel much better. 

I hope all have a nice Sunday.  Time to leave for Church.  I will be by myself today as Pat isn't feeling like going and so decided to stay home.   

JaneS

HAL, just wondering.... how does that work?  "Watching" your back"?  I've never been able to do that without a mirror.

Lloyd Hammond

Amy you are one of many friends. wish you and your hubby lived next door.
I am sure you all would be great neighbors, never a dull moment. straight forward as I think I am. No fools no fun, do not make a lot of money but do have lot of fun. Have a great day. Bob's mom has one of several property's on the one mentioned here she has a building for a store and place to milk cows and sell her milk and produce and meats. beef chickens pork and  turkeys all farm raised and with no chemicals in feed just clean pure meat and such. it has one large room where will be display room and meeting's we have get togather's there we had a big feed there yesterday.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS if as the saying goes. if we put you and Amy in a sack and shook you all up hard to say whom would come out first.have a great day friend.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I am really fed up with Cox cable. Watching the evening news last night and once again the TV went black. This happens so often here that one time with so many complaints the manager had a Cox rep here to talk about it. and saying they would check all the wires in the building. Still going out. I was so disgusted yesterday I called Cox and of course they try fixing it from there. Still nothing. Then the gal told me to unplug it from the outlet. I cannot move the tv stand to get behind it. Well someone will come and check it out late Monday afternoon. Great.  Then I went to check my email and they already sent one, will cost $75 unless it is their equipment. This morning I turned the TV on and it is working. I am not the only one who has loss of picture and sound like this and we all complain. They must be paying the owners of these building a good kickback to keep them here. We cannot get any other cable company in the building. Hope my grandson does get here today, at least that would get me in a better frame of mind. Today is his Dad's birthday so he might spent the day with him. Enough of my gripes and complaints.

LARRY  that garage should knock off some money from that bill for not having your car up and running when you were told it was ready.

LLOYD  you know we all worry about you and all the dangerous machinery you have. We want you to start doing what you really enjoy and is not dangerous. Now I would never hit you, you have had too many hard knocks already.

JANE  my son stopped at the farm yesterday before coming here and got me a quart of their strawberries. I have been picking on them since, so sweet and juicy. These will never make it to the freezer. I already asked him to get me another one next week. Every year in this state seniors can get $15 coupons good only at farms and farmers markets. I will sign mine and he will get me blueberries from that farm when they are ready.

CAROL  it is always a quiet and happy building when the "witch" is not here. We do not jump if knocks on our doors

JUNE  no times when no laundry can be done here. Those who have trouble sleeping do theirs in the middle of the night.

JENNY  we cannot "live it up" too much, there are cameras in the hallways and she could see and hear us.  We wonder at times if she has hidden ones in our apartments.

AMY  sunshine here and an ozone warning is up for the whole section of New England. Makes me glad I do lot live in a city where it would be felt more. The rollator will give your DH more confidence in moving around now. Hope the exercises work for him but he has to do them.

JANE  of course one has to taste that is being picked, have to know that they are tasty, right?

HAL  I have picked blueberries and strawberries peaches tomatoes but to me the easiest to pick are apples. Have to taste one from every tree to see which is the best.

Think it is past time for me to get dressed for the day. Being really lazy, heck at this time in my life I think I deserve a lazy day, we all do.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

Good Morning dear friends, I'm up and ready for Church. Have read your messages, and you all make me happy. You are an eager, optimistic group of loving people. I miss our Bis, but she may pop in later, I pray all is well with her.

There is some flu going around our building..haven't talked with those in the Acacia building yet, but there are signs on some doors, warning us those of  illness and telling us to wash our hands thoroughly.

Amy,it makes me happy to know you are rained in. You need this time out to recover from all the tension and worry you had there for a while. It makes me think God knows you need to recover so he sends the rain. When I get a bruise Amy, it really is a bruise. This one is just above the wrist, about three inches long and goes half way around my skinny old arm. I think the auxiliary veins the body sent out to compensate for my poor clogger arteries are so near the surface, that the slightest bump causes a big bruise. I am thankful my bones are strong.

Gloria, I am so glad your sons help you out with some shopping…..the berries sound SO good, and I can't have any.  I can have the juice, but not the seeds in berries. And a professional computer Grandson…..that is truly a blessing. My computer is my life-line to the outside world, and especially to all my dear friends and relatives.

Other than Church and dining room and clinic, it is very quiet here on Sundays. A real holiday for all those who labor six days a week. Which is as it should be. Management is very considerate of their employees, and that is why most everyone that is hired makes it a life-long job. One lady has been here 32 years, and most of management are of the Quaker faith.  I am more than content.

Nearly time to get downstairs for Church, so I will plan to see you later. June