Random Image

Bridge & Boat

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe June 25, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, June 25, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeanne Lee

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Jeanne Lee

Another beautiful one by Phyllis!  Thanks!!!

Jeanne Lee

The old man had died.  A wonderful funeral was in progress and the country preacher talked at length of the good traits of the deceased, what an honest man he was, and what a loving husband and kind father he was.

Finally, the widow leaned over and whispered to one of her children,
"Go up there and take a look in the coffin and see if that's your pa in there."

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Looks as if I'm the first one in the new Soda Shoppe.  Love the graphic.

Family and I are going to Tulsa to see Miss Ellen in Theater Tulsa's 95 Anniversary "Epic Celebration".   I've been told she's in a duet, a quartet and the Chorus.  That's all I know about it.
Ellen is in her last week of a 3 week visit before returning to NYC.   I've only spent time with her once but we covered a lot of conversational territory.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, beautiful one here, the humidity is gone and it is cooler and refreshing.

JOAN  that is good news that the houses on Dauphin Island are still standing. Bining on piles helps water go under and not through the houses.

HAL  guess you would put a thin coating of honey on a wound and keep clothing away from it. Could have been a flaw in that stand to make it break in half? Right now I am happy to see a few days without rain and the dampness that goes with it. Wish I could send the next storm your way.

LARRY  that fire department inspection was a joke. Supposed to start at 9am and one fireman showed up at 11am. He, the manager and the maintenance man got to my apartment atout 11:30. All he did was check the fire alarms in the apartments. From the notice the manager sent to all of us she said he would be checking stoves, outlets to make sure they were not blocked and light switches. Her way of making sure we had everything perfect. Have yet to talk to anyone in this building who likes her.

MARY ANN  being short they always have to put a pillow under my head in the dentist chair. They also know I cannot lie flat so they put the chair down and will wait for me to say OK. I just cannot sit anywhere for long before I start moving, always trying to find a spot where my back feel OK.

JOY  I send my CNA to the market for me with a list of what I want.  If I put a brand name for something she knows if they do not have it not to get a different brand. Younger son comes here on a weekend and always calls and asks if I need anything. He will get the fresh produce for me. He knows what I like and how fussy I am about it.
I still miss being able to do things for myself.

CAROL  sorry about that crown. Who would think bread would make it some off.

JOY  like you there is no one in this place who could pick up the rollator to put in their car so I have to call Logistic care for rides but only for doctor appointments. Last time they picked me up so early I have an hour wait while the doctor and staff were on their lunch break. One time I waited 2 hours for them to pick me up to come home. This town has one car to take seniors to doctor appointments and they are always booked. I now call them as soon as I get an appointment. I am lucky that I have them booked for all my appointments in July. No getting places too early and they stay there so no waiting to come home. They do that 3 days a week. The other 2 days they drive a mini bus to go to a local market on Wednesday and a nearby mall on Friday. There are 2 drivers and both are very nice. Same here, they do not do much to help the residents and there are some who never see family members. That is sad.

CAROL  as far as I know this town is the only one who has a car to help seniors get to appointments.  There is 4 senior housing places here and only the one car but when we can book it it is great. One time when I called Logistic care the girl I talked to wanted me to walk to the corner and get the public transportation bus. Even with my rollator I would not be able to walk that far. She was the only nasty one I ever spoke with there. Some of their drivers are polite and others I have my fingers crossed to get home safe.

LLOYD   glad you stayed away from those big machines yesterday.  Now if you would learn to stay away from them all the time you might avoid so many accidents.

AMY  with all you have going on do not apologize for not talking to everyone. We understand how very busy you are. As long as you come in for a few words so we know everything is OK that is enough. Prayers for both of you.

HAL  the only way I will eat a hard boiled egg is in a salad or deviled eggs.

JOAN   I wish you a wonderful Sunday.

LARRY  yesterday I woke to rain and it rained till noon, real downpours at times. Even with rain the sprinklers here are timed to run every morning.

JOY  the CNA's and housekeepers that come here from different agencies cannot take anyone in their cars.  If needed they can go with the client on a bus or whatever to an appointment. It is something about the company's' insurance even if the helpers have their own insurance.   

JEANNE LEE  thank you for the hew SS and wonderful graphic by Phyllis.

PHYLLIS  wonder if little girls dress up and have tea parties with their dolls anymore.

CALLIE  enjoy seeing Ellen's performances today.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Dot and I went to church this morning, but we did not go OTB together.  She was expecting her granddaughter and twin great-grandsons about the time we would be out, so I went OTB with Tom.  It turned out that Dot's granddaughter and family were detained in Chicago because of a flat tire so they had not made it here by the time we were out of church.

If I eat boiled eggs alone, I like to put mayo on them, not much, but gives them a bit of flavor.  I also like deviled eggs. 

Amazon has just bought Whole Foods.  We don't have either store around here, but we do have Total Foods(?), but they are kitty corner in the county from us so we don't go there.  We do have a large farmer's market near here but if we would go there, we might buy two ears of corn and a tomato at a time, maybe more another time and it isn't on the beaten path to either of our supermarkets.  i have not been disappointed in the produce from either supermarket, so i think we'll continue to shop the way we have been.

Grand Haven is getting busy today and there are lots of whitecaps on the lake.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some kites later in the day.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

Jeanne Lee--I have no graphics to open new weekly discussions, and my sources for the chuckles and food for thought are gone.  It is going to take lots of time if I am able to do as before.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Mary Ann

Joan, I think most of us would want you to just show up so we know you're getting along OK.  As far as graphics and chuckles are concerned, I do enjoy them, but I can exist without them as long as people post often enough to let us know they're here.

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee

OK, Joan.  I'll just continue until you let me know you're ready to plunge in again, even though it's not the quantity or quality you got us used to.  Meanwhile, your greetings will keep us happy.  :) 

Denver

A good Sunday morning HELLO to all. 

I enjoyed reading all the posts.  Appreciate the comments regarding gout...seems it is well know that it can sure be miserable.  Bob is so much better.....and very thankful that the Meds worked so quickly. 

HAL, my Bob will like to hear your thoughts on more intelligent people having gout!  At this point, that would be one of the only things that match up to him rather than the food/drinks that the medical books tell is what causes it.

Friday night, Dr. Dave dropped Grandson Luke, and Lola dog off to spend the weekend with us.  They spent the weekend in Vail with friends and Luke said he would rather stay with us.  He is a good boy and we always love having him here.   

Yesterday afternoon we went to our local recreation center to swim.  There are four of them in our community.  The one we go to is more for children and seniors.  Each one of centers has a particular themed area.  I was walking in the lazy river with Crocks on my feet to give more stability for me and to have some resistance in the water.  Unfortunately, I managed to pull something in my right knee, so spent the rest of the day hobbling around. It bothered me quite a bit in the night.  It is somewhat better today.  I will just have to take it a bit easy today. 

CAROL, good to read that you and Don enjoy your time at the lake.  I am sorry to read about your new crown coming off!  It is nice for you to get away, and especially when it gives you time with your son.   We hope to get up to Vail soon.  Not sure when, as we have a lot going on the next couple of weeks.  Brian will be driving one of their cars with Oliver, the Australian Laberdoodle.  He will stay with us while Brian flies back to Austin to have their household goods packed, and drive the second car up.  Then our Boston son, who owns the home in Vail, along with our two grandson's will be driving out just after the 4th to spend the month of July at their place.  July is a big month for us, with our 50th Anniversary celebration being at the end of the month.  Yesterday we had a conference call with all of the sons and DIL's on the call, telling us the plans they have arranged for our anniversary celebration, and it is EXACTLY what we would like to have them do for us, so we were smiling from ear to ear after we heard the news. 

GLORIA, I am sorry to read it appears the shot is not working as well for your back.  You need the little steroid pack my hubby got for the gout, as he is moving around like a spring chicken as his back is not hurting him like it normally does.  Those darn steroids are magic!  Sure is a shame they are not good for us. 

JOY, your telling of the issue you have not being able to get out and about, along with others sharing their thoughts is a very worrisome situation.  Sadly, many elderly people never have visitors or family that bother to come to help them out.  Make me very tearful.  We try to help those in our community if we can, as we are still able to get out and do things. 

SHIRLEY, I must admit that I worry about you as much as we all worry about LLOYD, as you just push yourself much too hard.  You have way more on your plate than you need with all the property, pool and the needy kitties.  You always have so much to do.  Please try to take it a bit easier.  Oh how I wish you could just spend the summer out here in CO with your kitties and not have all the responsibilities of your home. 

JANE, I am thinking about you as you and the doggies are off visiting your sister.  Safe travels. 

JOAN, I, too, have been thinking about Kate and Joe's place on the island, and hope they will find no significant damage.  Boy the water on the gulf coast sure was rough in the news coverage I saw.  The beach was packed full of people on Panama City Beach, but no one was allowed in the water as it was as rough as could be.  I agree, we do not need your wonderful goodies you have had for us over the years....we can get by very happily with just the needed maintenance that you and JEANNE LEE, can do to keep us going.  Someone posting a little tidbit now and then is just a fun thing, and that is all we need.  Just so happy to have you back posting again. 

CALLIE, happy to read the family will be going to watch Ms. Ellen.

Thank you, JEANNE LEE for our new place this week, and the chuckle you shared, and to you, PHYLLIS for the nice graphic. 

AMY, continued thoughts and prayers for you and your husband. 

I must get my family some breakfast.  Enjoy your Sunday, EVERYFRIEND. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

Lindancer

Good Afternoon, on this sunny bright warm day. I do not know why I am so tired to day, as I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Joan, I agree with all the others, we just like seeing your post, and to know you are OK

Larry, when I lived in charleston, I found everyone friendly, As far as I know it is still considered The Friendliest City in the US. Of course that is where I met my future husband.They were our neighbors, when we moved to the Navy Yard.  The first thing His mother came over and brought my mother fresh okra, of course my being from the North had never seen or heard of it, so she boiled it.  What a mess. Needless to say it went in the garbage

JeanneLee, thank you and Phyllis for the beautiful graphic.   You are a dear for still help Joan..  That is what this forum is about.

Amy, I am still keeping you  and your husband in my prays.

MaryAnnn, I now have eggs boiling, one for and egg sandwich, and one for breakfast to morrow morning.

Jenny, I hope your knee is getting better.

Joy, I have kept my car, so now I still can ask one of two neighbors to take me to, appointments and shopping. Other neighbors take me to club and luncheon affairs. The town bus, does stop at the office, also the senior bus takes you to appointment, mall and to lunch at the center.  they will send a town car for me as I am over 90. so I guess we are lucky.  This park, has 580 homes, and there are quite a few other senior parks around here.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Chia

There is a song quiz with words to songs you have probably heard over the years..Try to answer some if you so desire...http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?board=

Chia

Amy

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers Gloria de and Jenny. Hubby seemed to be a bit better today and as usual we took off after lunch to explore the hospital and just to get him out of the room. One can't say our lives are boring as today wasn't!! We went on the elevator to the 5th floor to look out at the rain and hail falling..after a bit we decided to go back to his room. The elevator doors opened ,I pushed his wheelchair in ,turned him around to face the doors and the lights went out!!! Thankfully they soon came back on but that was all that came on, the elevator would not move or the doors open. Apparently the hospital had been struck by lightning causing to elevators to not work.......and we were in one of them! Pushing the help button got me a nice lady explaining help was on the way and would be there is 30-40 min...Do you know how long 30 - 40 mins is to a person with claustrophobia??? Eventually we did get going and I must admit I was so thankful to get out of that elevator!!!

Hope ,everyone is having a fantastic Sunday.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Jeanne Lee

Amy, I predict travels for scenic change from now on will be confined to one floor.   :2funny:

June Drabek

I had a slow start today, so didn't get in to say Good Morning, It truly is a VERY good morning, when I see not just One But Two post from our beloved Bis/Joan.

I did get to Chapel, though I felt sort of "iffy",and oh my, our guest preacher did go on and on and on. He is a very good and devoted man. He does prison ministry. I am proud of him and his work, but a full hour of preaching was a bit much. He has a very bad heart…claims they put a zipper on his chest…so his
true devotion to his work is very evident.

It is now time to go down for lunch, so I will "do it", and come back to converse with you on my note pad.

Had a vegetarian lunch, by choice, then came home and guess what ? I fell asleep in my recliner. Then my doorbell rang and it was my son Gary and my DIlove Dori. What a welcome surprise. They leave tomorrow for a two and a half week vacation to their kids and Grandkids in Idaho.

Jeanne Lee, what would we do without you ??? You are our life saver for sure.

Amy, I live on the third floor and our elevators sometimes get tired and quit, so because i have a cart with me, with a basket under the seat, plus a small cloth bag which contains water, and hard candies and other things, plus a cell phone in my pocket, and a book, I do not fear a short failure. At least I don't think I do. I may find I am claustrophobic if I ever have an experience like yours.

Sandy, I am assuming it is very windy on the rocky coast of Maine. Hang in there girl.

Gloria, I enjoy warm hard boiled eggs chopped up in a bowl with butter and salt and pepper…for any meal. Trouble is, a microwave cannot make a good boiled egg. I have no surface cooking here.

Callie, I know you are going to be delighted to see Miss Ellen when you attend the program in Tulsa. You must be very proud of her.

Phyllis, what a delightful portrait  of a little girls tea party. I was never dressed so delicately when I was that age. Alas.

I am try to decide if I really want to go downstairs for supper, or if I would rather get into my nighty and fix something at home…..I'm not really hungry….I will stay home. But I will take a walk around the gardens first. Hope to see you later. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

Bis I can only speak for my self, but once again I say just do what you feel Like and do not over do it. dear friend we all Love you and just a regular post is just fine. Have a great rest of the day. oldest daughter and husband and grand daughter and husband and two of there children came and had noon meal with us, great get to gather. we visited and watched a movie ( girl of the Limberlost)
a good movie. we have the internet on phone line and go to you tube and find them no commercials. good Night hope to see you al tomorrow.

Lloyd

Shirley

June, I bought an electric egg cooker some time ago... it will hard boil eggs & has several different parts to cook eggs other ways.  For lack of counter space, it sits up high in a cabinet.  But if I didn't have a gas stove & pans to boil eggs, I'd find it handy.  I just Googled on Amazon & they have a lot of different types.  I love hard boiled eggs, will quarter & salt & they go down great with toast that has lots of butter on.  Yum......... 

Been out working on the well with my son, has sand in it & clogging up the sprinkler heads.  Hope to get the pump back in tomorrow & want to hide before anything else goes wrong. 

Cooled down already this evening so plan to open the house for fresh air sleeping.  Having to keep my eye brows raised to keep my eyes open as it is.  Sweet dreams to all.  Shirley

June Drabek

Tisie, I'll check our elec. egg boilers on google, and see what it says. I have very little counter space too, but could tuck it away in a cupboard when not in use.

I had a good time staying at home after my walk, fixed a lettuce salad and added a small can of white chicken meat....went down nicely. Now it is time to get ready for bed. Hugs, Love and Prayers all around. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well it is currently 51 º and Partly cloudy going to
71 º. today Have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

Good morning.  It is supposed to be a cooler, low humidity day here and I'm all in favor of that!

Thanks, Jeanne Lee, for posting the tea party graphic.  I'm glad that you have a lot of my old graphics saved.  I lost most of them when my computer crashed a couple of years ago.

When I was 3 or 4, I think, my dad built a little table and some small chairs for me so I could have tea parties with my dolls.  Alas!  I wasn't really a doll and tea party kind of child.  I was more of a run, jump and climb trees kid.  I wanted to do what my older brothers did and they certainly did not do tea parties!  But, I still have that little table and use it as a side table to the couch in my family room.  It is a treasure to me.

Joan, I agree.  We just want to hear from you and know that you are doing ok.  Don't worry about the Sunday Stuff!  It always was a lot of work for you.

I, thankfully, am not claustrophobic, Amy, but can sympathize with someone who is.  That was a long time to spend stuck in an elevator!  Glad you finally escaped.

Have a good day, everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JoanFL

Good Monday morning Everyfriend. 

Lloyd--good morning.  It finally stopped raining here and the sun is coming out.

Good morning, Phyllis.  That's a great graphic and a nice story about the little table and chairs your Dad made for you.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Lloyd that is really cool weather you have early this morning.  Wished we had some of it.  Rained, again, lots of places close by but none at my house.  Got one more day of scattered showers, hopefully......

Phyliss, I can believe that table is a treasure.  I used to have a few items made by Grandfather, my Dad wasn't much of a handyman, the last one was a toy box made by an uncle.  I refurbished it into a hope chest for my youngest daughter and she gave it to her boys for the original use, a toy box and they destroyed it. 

Joanie, good morning to you.  Hope you are feeling up to snuff this morning.  How you liking your new digs.

Coffee is ready, who wants to join me on the patio.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had a brief shower late afternoon yesterday. Cooled it enough to sleep good with just the fan in the window. Sky is beautiful blue and I see no clouds.

JOAN  it is YOU we want to see every day not all the goodies you always found for us.

JENNY  the first cortisone shot worked in my back but the last 2 did nothing after 1 day. The more I read about those shots the less I want anymore of them.

AMY  I am not claustrophobic but I would not getting stuck in an elevator.

Have to get moving, my CNA is here already and I have to finish my shopping list for her.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We have a nice clear morning with little chance of rain today but getting into the high 80's.  Other than a quick trip to Aldi's to pick up a few groceries and produce my day is clear.  I am glad of that as even after a good nights sleep I woke up tired this morning so will plan to have a quiet and restful day.  We did make it to Sunday School and Church yesterday and then ate lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. 

About 3:30 yesterday I tuned in to the PGA Men's golf tournament and it ended up being an exciting one with a playoff required.  Jordan Spieth, who had led throughout the tournament made a spectacular shot from the sand bunker right into the hole to come out the winner.  This was his 10th win on the PGA and he is only 24 years old.  It looks like he is headed to a great career.

Joy, I was pretty confident that you would be pleased with the online grocery ordering with the set-time pickup.  It sure beats walking or riding on cart thru those long aisles.  Glad to see you are happy with the produce.  It would be bad business to not try to send good produce.  I found that if you haven't heard from them it is good to call.  A few orders ago we hadn't heard and I went ahead to pick up the order only to find it hadn't been prepared yet.  However, all the other orders have been ready on time.  We have six pickup spots and haven't seen more than one or two other cars there to pickup when I was there.  I see they usually have young folks working in that area and I expect they also fill the orders, probably in the early morning hours.  Sometimes after getting to the pickup point I have had to wait a few minutes but never too long and better sitting in the car than walking those aisles.

Jeanne, thanks for starting the new week and sharing the nice graphic that Phyllis made.

Callie, I hope you enjoyed your trip to Tulsa and the "Epic Celebration". 

Gloria, always good to have the fire alarms checked and next time you will know what to expect.  Do your apartments have sprinkler systems installed for fire safety?   Glad your town provides alternative transportation sources for its senior citizens.  I suppose it is easier to just let the sprinklers run automatically on a daily basis than to turn them off and on.  I prefer to save the water and the cost when we did rains that soak the yard. 

Joan, knowing that most of us probably don't remember what we read last month or last year why not recycle from the archives or the older discussions.  We enjoy the repeat graphics and you have found such a wealth of information to share that you would no longer have to work so hard finding hew material.  At least for me the old would be new again.  However, I agree with Mary Ann and others it is seeing you post that is most important.

Jenny, hope your knee is feeling better today.   Is the lazy river area just a shallow pool? Nice that your children shared their plans for the 50th wedding anniversary.  When we had ours it basically went unnoticed as we didn't do anything special for it as neither of us were feeling up to it. I am sure we went out to eat for a special meal and that would have been it. 

deAngel, I think the first time I saw okra was at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City and it was fixed with tomatoes and just looked disgusting.  I don't mind okra in soup but that is about it.  I hope you are feeling less tired today. 

Amy, did they have an emergency light in the elevator or were you in total darkness when it stopped.  That must have been quite a storm for lightning to hit the hospital. 

June, I have a tendency to tune out someone who goes on and on like your guest preacher did.  It sounds like he didn't really take his audience into consideration. Do you keep a small flashlight in your rollator bag?

Lloyd, one reason we enjoy Netflix and Amazon Video is the lack of commercials.  The loud so called music often accompanying most commercials really gets on my nerves  and I about wear out my mute button on the remote. 

Phyllis, I still have memories of the little table and chairs  my sister and I had and also the one we had for your children.  Of course we no longer have either table. 

Mary Ann

My dad taught woodshop when he taught in West Virginia.  He made me a little dish cupboard that also had a drawer at the bottom.  When I outgrew it, Norm took over and pasted pictures of airplanes on it.  I think when I had it, it was blue, but now is grey.  One door came off, but I still have the door and the hinge is on the door.  I have often threatened to paint it but I've never gotten around to it.  Right now it stores kids' books and is ready for the new generation.

Dad also made a gateleg table and a blanket chest in WVa, both of which I still have.  After one of his students cut off a finger, Dad decided woodworking was not for him and when we came to Michigan, he switched to printing presses.  I took one semester of printing and printed the tickets for home basketball and football games. 

Larry, Daniel Berger is only 24 years old too and I think he and Spieth will be good competitors in years to come.  I find I don't have a favorite player, but I love to watch the new, young players come up and develop.  Of course, I like some of the older players who are proving they're still able to compete with the younger ones.  It was a great tour this past weekend.

I wonder if it is possible to go back to the beginning of S&F and repeat the graphics and chuckles and we'd never know the difference.  However, I can get along without them too just being able to chat and/or listen to what is going on with everyone.

Norm's first wife was claustrophobic.  When I had a cottage, she'd take the boys there and it was necessary to go in the crawl space to prime the pump to have water.  The space was wide enough, but not high enough to stand.  She mastered the priming by standing in the access to the crawl space before she got down to get things going.

Mary Ann   

halkel

Mary Ann and Larry, Speiths win was great to me, and spectacular to boot, since he is a Texas boy.  Both his final round and playoff shots on that hole were great.

Jeanne Lee

Of course we can revive past Soda Shoppe offering!  One drawback at this point is that when we had the last major site crash in January everything before that was lost.  So we now start SS at January 15, 2017.   I do have some graphics that had been intended for SS (that's what I've been using) and some laughs I've saved as well, and when Joan is ready to take over I'll gladly provide those for her, as well.