Random Image

Parade-10.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe June 25, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, June 25, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee, that's kind of what I had in mind, but I didn't know the date of the crash and our "revival".  It's the end of June now so going back nearly six months would not be too bad.  I really don't care.  While the graphics and chuckles are nice, it is the contact with everyone, finding out what they are doing, how they are feeling, that is more important.  So as far as I'm concerned (my opinion only), if things are left as they are, it's OK with me.  It won't drive me away (you'll have to find some other method!).

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Merry Monday!

Larry,  shame on the Tinker Air Base cooks who served you okra and stewed tomatoes instead of good ole "Suthren Fried Okry"!  No wonder you didn't like it.
My family used to eat fried okra like popcorn.

The trip to Tulsa was nice but the show was "ho-hum".   I think the theatre had "suddenly" decided to do something for the 95th anniversary of its founding and just threw together a bunch of songs from musicals they'd done.
Ellen had solos in a duet of "I'll Know When My Love Comes Along" and a quartet of "It's Too Darn Hot".   It had been a very long time since I'd heard her stand at a microphone and just sing.  Her voice has certainly matured.

Not much going on in my little part of the world this week.   

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Jeanne Lee

Well, I tried the Walmart pick up, too.  Overall I'm pleased, but unfortunately they don't accept food stamps, so I still need to make a few purchases at another store.  But I can at least make sure the food stamp purchases are for the lighter weight and less bulky food items. 

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I got home about 20 minutes before my cleaning dynamo was finished with her weekly do.  We agreed not to start on the cupboards because she still wasn't feeling well and I was really tired.  As soon as she left, I got some lunch and then took a short nap.  I feel pretty good now.

JEANNELEE, I want to clarify something.  WalMart DOES accept food stamps.  They just don't do them on line. I'm thinking that it won't be long before they devise a way to solve that problem so keep asking.

I'm not going to comment directly to anyone else since there are so many entries.  I just want to say that it's good to be back among friends.  I'll "see" you all later.  I had a great visit with my sister and brother and a nice birthday celebration for Bethany and a pleasant afternoon at my niece's home.  It was a beautiful day to be out on the deck.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Good morning all, A quiet day so far, went for a walk in  the garden, then stopped in to read todays menu, joined an exercise class that was already in progress, stopped and got some lettuce and celery to bring home, then turned on the tv…a lot of nonsense, so read  a bit instead.

Lloyd, I like your weather temps better than mine. We are scheduled for 90 degrees today.

Phyllis, what a good Dad you had. I'll bet he cherished his little girl. I was not a tea party girl either . Lived in a neighborhood with no girls my age, just boys.

Bis, a very Good morning to you, I pray your day is filled with good healing and joy. You are so loved by all of us.

Hal, is would love to join you on the patio if your loving doggie would sit near me. I miss having a dog.

Gloria, I have to get busy and make out a shopping list for my computer, but it waits patiently for me till I get to it.

Larry, I woke up tired too, after a good nights sleep. This will be a slow day for me, for sure. I haven't put a flashlight in that bag Larry, but I have one in my desk drawer that I will add to the other stuff. I wonder if when the elevator is out of order the lights go out too…never took that into consideration till you mentioned it. Thank you for mentioning it.

Mary Ann, I agree with you for not needing the "goodies" that our Bis would find for us.  If any of us have something we feel others would benefit from..a laugh or a prayer or a song..they could posting it themselves, right ?

Callie, you have a great day too. It is good to be alive and enjoy the gifts that God provides us with.

Janie, welcome "home" dear one. I missed your morning posts, but I'm happy you had a nice time with family. Now you can come home and just fall apart for the day. When are you due back at WM?

Time to wrap this up and get ready for lunch downstairs. Then I have no plans except to read and rest.

My Gary and Dori left for 2 1/2 weeks in Idaho, so I have be praying that God is with them as they travel, and they have a very restful time away. They give so much of themselves to their congregation and other sections of their lives, they have earned some peace and Joy.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Jeanne Lee

Janie, sorry I didn't make myself clear.  Of course I know Walmart will accept food stamps in-store.  I was referring to the pick up order.  Other stores where a friend shops  are more convenient for the direct in person purchases.   ;)

Carol

We are starting our deck work and readying it for a grandson to stain all.  Don and I moved everything but the big BBQ.  Whew - resting a bit and off to buy plastic sheeting for any dripping, lots of bleach to use before staining, etc.  This may be the last time we ever do this job - so we vow but we break our vows of stupid things all the time. 

Joy:  That pickup is really nice.  Inside our store there are sometimes two but mainly one human checker.  Then, the little automatic checkers freeze when they see us coming near.  At our WM, they put things in the wrong places and they stop selling the item we want - we are not considered average shoppers I believe.  Irksome - so we have to go to several stores and especially another one just for produce. 
I didn't mean to go on and on.

Gloria:  Your manager seems to have a sour attitude.  I hope she changes and someone better takes the job. 

Joan:  You are doing great.  Always nice to see you posting - we consider your time off like a drought.

Jenny:  What are your anniversary plans.  We'll keep it secret.   ::) 

Don has big ideas on visiting family all over the country - we shall see. 

mycheal

Jeanne Lee,
Just give  the Friendly Store Mgr at Walmart a call and ask how that can be worked out :o)
Snap cards are welcomed and if there is a will there is a way for them !

Mycheal

Lloyd Hammond

Well all the company has gone home and time to say good Night and sweet dreams. Hope to see you all again tomorrow.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Good night all you dear good people. Time for me to close down and get ready for book and bed. Hugs. Love, and Gods Blessing to all. June

Amy

Good morning everyone!!!

Today is going to be the best day..hubby is finally coming home.!! Dr was in last night and said he would release him this morning.I have made a call to the pharmacy to get the meds ready for pick up and everything else is in order. Physio has been set up and will be phoned for appointment times. I will admit I won't miss the daily drive to the city :thumbup: Will have to put the dogs outside first before he comes in or they will be all over him.

Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers ...they worked!

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend! 

AMY, what good news you've given us all this morning!  Our prayers have been answered with a great big YES! 

The doggies and I are waiting for the beeper that will tell us it's an hour since Annie tood her pill and now we can have breakfast.  They both know what that beeper means and they says so in no uncertain terms.

Enjoy your day Everyfriend.  Make it a good one.  Part of mine will be behind the counter at WM.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
It is 58 º and very foggy here , calling for high Of 78 º today. suposed to get to be sunny. wish you all  great day just like you want.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning Everyfriend.

Good morning Amy.  I am happy to read that your husband will be coming home today.

Janie--Good morning.  By now your sweet doggies and you have had breakfast.  I hope all in your line at WM today will be wearing smiles.

Good morning Lloyd.  Forecast here is for a nice day.
[/b/

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Good news Amy, prayers work every time they are tried.  They will continue for his quick recovery.

Joanie, you never answered about how you like your digs.  Hopefully you are all settled in can find everything.  I always marvel at cleaning out things, I find stuff that I hadn't thought of in years, just like Christmas morning.... ;D

Got a little rain sometime during the night, not much I fear.

Daughter spent the night, so going to visit with her.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We are suppose to have a partly cloudy to mostly cloudy day and will get up to around 90 degrees this afternoon.  I plan a very restful day today as still feeling weary.  I don't plan on going anywhere today as did get to Aldi's yesterday. 

Last evening when I went to brush my teeth my electric toothbrush bite the dust.  I changed the batteries but that didn't solve the problem so it is time to just get a new electric toothbrush.  I will order it from Amazon and probably have it tomorrow. I have folded a load of laundry that Pat did yesterday and put it away and emptied the dishwasher.  Pat fixed her own breakfast this morning and that was a help.  She seems to be feeling a lot better and not requiring as much help as she did for those many months.

Mary Ann, with so many good young golfers now there is going to be stiff competition every week.  Since golf is generally played solo and not as teams they are really competing against themselves.  It is nice to see that even the best golfers make some terrible shots and that has to be encouraging to amateur golfers. 

Hal, we have some winning golfers living in South Carolina, including several from Augusta and also Aiken County (where I live) here in South Carolina.  Glad to see I am not the only one who discover things in places and don't even remember that I had it to begin with. 

Jeanne, I had lost site of the loss of files prior to January 15, 2017.  When Joan gets back to where she is up to her wonderful postings daily we could lend a helping hand sometimes by sending her via email nice humor or thoughtful pieces for her consideration that she wouldn't have to dig through the Internet for. Glad you had a positive experience with Walmart and too bad they can't accept food stamps with the online ordering service. 

Callie, I have eaten fried okra and it was doable for me but not that crazy about tomatoes and can still see in my mind those big pans of slimy looking tomato and okra in the cafeteria line.  UGH!  Nice you could hear Ellen sing some solos or solo parts of songs.

Jane, those cabinets will wait another week or so.  Glad you had an enjoyable trip.  Did the dogs enjoy the trip and the extra attention they undoubtedly got. 

June, do you ever get well trained dogs coming to visit the residents of your facility? If your elevators don't have emergency lights, which they probably do, having that flashlight handy would be nice to have. 

Carol, it seems I usually get in a checkout line where their is some kind of problem for a customer in line ahead of me that requires a manager or a price check.  However, that doesn't seem to be a bad as it used to be. 

Amy, glad today is the day for your husband to return home to continue his recovery.  I bet those are going to be happy dogs and wise to be sure he is sitting down when they first see him so they don't knock him down. 

Mary Ann

Amy, your good news is good news to all of us. 

We are scheduled to have a cool day but warmer than yesterday.  And the sun is shining!

Mary Ann

JoanFL

halkel, Good morning--I am slowly getting used to Fairhope and my apartment.  I still have things to unpack and find a place for.

Larry--Good morning.  Hopefully you can rest all day so you don't feel so tired.

Good morning Mary Ann.  It seems by now weather up there should warm up considerably.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I think I almost slept the clock around. Went down to the mid 50's last night. My kind of temperature for sleeping. Overcast this morning, rain due late afternoon.

LARRY  the grocery delivery I use also has a place where people can pick up their orders. That must be great for those who work all day and can pick up their orders on the way home.  I am glad they deliver. Only thing I was not happy with was I had ordered some lunch meat and picked the thin sliced but what I got was not thin so I never ordered any again.  Every month or so they check the fire alarms on each floor but this is the first time they have checked them in the apartments this way. There are 4 sprinklers in each apartment.

MARY ANN  my FIL printed the high school yearbooks and diplomas being the only printer in town. My 2 sons learned how to run the presses there and my daughter did the printing for the school where she worked.  I did a lot of proofreading for him.

JEANNE LEE  I was surprised to see some of the old graphics after everything was lost. Did you save any of the graphics you made? I know I have a lot of mine, hated to delete them. Like the Walmart pick up, PeaPod does not take food stamps and that is where I order heavy and bulky items.  When I order from Schwans they do take food stamps and that helps. Other than that I send my CNA to the market and when my son comes up on the Weekend he always calls and asks if I need anything.

JANE  glad you had a good week end with family.

JUNE  I was never one to play with dolls. give me a book or a jigsaw puzzle and I was happy. I have a small flashlight with a lanyard that I keep in the pouch on my rollator and at night I hang it on the right handle. I have several flashlights around in here.

CAROL  every once in awhile someone will say everyone here should get together and get in touch with the building owners but nothing happens. Many are afraid of her, if they get evicted they would have no place to go.

AMY  that is good news. I am happy for both of you.

JOAN  good morning.

HAL  where's the coffee this morning?

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Gloria, my middle daughter is here from Del Rio and and patio chairs are wet.  But your welcome anytime for coffee or a cool drink, goes for everyone.  Wife and daughter just left to get hair fixed. Getting all fixed up for their trip to England and France.

Mary Ann

Gloria, my dad's shop in the school did not print the yearbook, however, in his last several  years, he was the advisor for the yearbook.  He took our old coal cellar and made it into a darkroom so he did print many of the pictures that went into the yearbook.  One thing the older students printed was a weekly school newspaper.  I had only one semester of printing before some boys got in trouble at another school in the foods classes so girls could no longer take shop courses and boys could not take home ec classes.  But I printed the football and basketball home tickets for three years and it was a way of earning money.  The yearbooks were printed by a commercial printing company. 

Today being Tuesday, we are going to lunch with Jan, her parents and Dot.  I think Tom had not wanted to eat out today as he had a doctor's appointment but he was not gone long.  Jan probably called to see if we could do it and they are coming to our side of town.  When Tom is away from home, he is not working and he doesn't like to be gone too often.

Joan, we are warming up a bit, it's 73 degrees now and yesterday we never got up to 70 degrees.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

Gloria--the person in charge there sounds like a sourpuss.  So far, all department heads I have met here are extremely helpful.  Tomorrow the housekeeper comes for the first time.  I am told she is extremely thorough.

halkel--how nice that your wife and one daughter are going to England and France.  So you will be aa bachelor for how long......

Mary Ann--Inter4esting reading about your printing.  Enjoy you hunch out.

June Drabek

Amy, I am so happy for you dear. Now life can get back to normalcy, and your boy will heal much faster just being home with you again. Hugs to you both !

Janie, I am sure your customers will be happy to have you return. I know I would wish to be at your aisle.

Bis, hopefully your storms are at an end, so Joe can get out to check on their beach house. I pray Bis that each day brings you more stamina and healing. In the meantime it is a joy to see your postings.

Hal, you are so blessed to have a daughter nearby. Enjoy every minute.

Larry, what good news that your lady is getting to feel more and more back to normal. She had a long siege, and you were so good to step in and take over so many chores. I know there are emergency lights that come on in our hallways when we have a power failure, so perhaps they work in the elevator also. However I have
taken your advice and tucked a little flash light in my travel bag. I even keep a small bottle of water in there, and hard candies.

Mary Ann, in my area the high will be 81, but the third floor gets very warm so I'm sure I will need the A/C.

Bis, I have been at Rowntree for nearly a year and a half now, and I am still getting used to where I put things, and my desk drawer still needs to be sorted through. Do you get meals where you live or are you cooking ?

Gloria, when I lived at Sunwest, I started a Council and it worked fine. As a group we had more "say" it what was wrong, and folks were not afraid to speak up. Your manager should realize she is a paid employee, not the owner. If you know who owns your place you could write an anonymous letter and let them know how unhappy most of your people are with the management. Even advise them of what she is doing wrong.

Mary Ann

June, when the outside temperature is 80 or above, that is the signal to turn on the a/c.  Today is beautiful and 70 degrees; I can live comfortably with that.

Lunch today at Russ' an area chain.  The meals are more simple; for instance, a salad does not cover a 10" plate, but is much smaller.  I had a chicken salad with fruit plate and it was more than I needed.  I don't care for cantaloupe and told the server if that was the fruit to forget it.  She suggested strawberries and grapes and I also had half a banana.  I brought home the strawberries and grapes, also the muffin that went with the meal.  The salad was a large scoop of salad, just the amount I like. 

Mary Ann

JoanFL

June--I understand all is OK at the beach house.  They are going there for a long weekend, joined by Kate's sister and brother and their families.  We get lunch everyday and they give so much food hat for me it is enough for lunch and supper.

Mary Ann--Your lunch sounds good.

JaneS

OK, this is mostly for JeannLee but also for anyone else who is interested or has friends or family members who are interested.

I went in a bit early today and tracked down our Store Manager who is unfailing helpful when you have a problem or a request.  I told him I have a Senior Citizen friend who doesn't drive and used WM's on line shopping service for the first time.  I told him that she was pleased with the service and the products but was disappointed that she could not use her Food Stamps Card.  He agreed that that is a problem that needs to be investigated.

Now, my mother told us that you don't register a complaint unless you can suggest a solution to the problem and I was prepared.  I asked him if he thought they might look into having Senior Citizens and Disabled persons visit the store one time and register their card so that when they order on line, it can be used.  They would have to establish some sort of ID but maybe it would solve the problem.  My manager said, "You know, that sounds like something we should consider.  I'll pass it on." 

So i hope I've set the wheels in motion.  Maybe not this month and maybe not next month but I'm betting someone will come up with something that will work and then we'll be off and running. 

KEEP ASKING!  If people ask, WM usually listens.  They kept the fabric departments in most of the stores because of a write in campaign and I started that with my sister.  She did it and passed it on.  You don't get anything if you don't ask these days.

JeanneLee, if your up to it, write a letter to corporate headquarters.

Jeanne Lee

wow, Janie! I knew S&F was a good place to praise or to gripe but I never realized how fast solutions to problems could be proposed by our friends here.  Thanks for the effort, Janie.  I'm sure before much longer something will be done and when it's announced I'll tell the world who was behind it - our special WM Lady of the Smiles!!!  :thumbup:

Jeanne Lee

An actual online ad:

"No payments, no interest if paid in full in six months."

Maybe I'm missing something here......

JaneS

If that's WM you're talking about I know the answer to that.  If you have a WM credit card, there are levels that can be charged for different times with no interest charges but if you lapse, they charge the full interest from the time you charged.  There are different levels for different charges.....for instance, if your charge is $200. you have 6 months to pay it interest free.  There are 6, 12 and 18 month levels interest free.

There are also on line items that offer a discount if you are willing to go to a store and pick it up instead of having it shipped to your home.  These items are also shipped free.

There are lots of perks.  But you have to look for them and most of them must be charged to your WM Master Card.  If you have more than one, they are listed separately on your billing.  And the one thing you do have to do if you have more than one, is call them after you make a payment and tell them that you want the payment divided on both charges.  They are very nice about it but you do have to call every time.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?? 

Jeanne Lee

Janie, it was for someplace I never heard of.  I know lots of places will waive the interest if the balance is paid in a certain time and I'm OK with that.  But my question is:  it says "no payments, no interest if paid in full."  How can it be paid in full if there are no payments?  :D  Seems like it needed to be proof read before posting.