Random Image

Mimi at the park

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe July 4, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, July 04, 2017, 04:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Light rain earlier but nothing to worry about..

Larry, that trip really was a blessing as we now have a Dr. I shall miss the one I have had for close to 30 years but know it is time for him to enjoy life. We are having a retirement party for  him in Aug and I hope we are able to go see him .

Shirley my friend's sister was given 6 months.....and when she went back to her Dr, he could NOT find the cancer in her body!!

I think toasted tomato sandwich and some bean salad will be in order for lunch with rhubarb pie for dessert.

Carol and Larry's Pat, do you have this pattern? Can be a great scrappy one too.

https://www.jellyrollfabric.net/Honor-Free-Patriotic-Jelly-Roll-Pattern_ep_85-1.html

I have a box of fabric to wash up for cancer quilts so I had better get at it..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, yesterday was not a good day for me. Enough said.

LLOYD  my daughter makes a zucchini relish that is very tasty.

JUNE  most places shut heat down here the end of May and turn it back on the end of September. Being that cold and damp at this time of year is unusual. Last year it got cold early and the heat was turned on early.

CAROL  my right shoulder is OK I can still do a lot with it but not as strong as it was. Left one is arthritis and nothing helps that and I will not have it replaced now.

JEANNE LEE  I know Pat was ill but not like her message sounds. Prayers that the doctors can find a way to help her.

PAT  I pray the medical people will find out the problem and help you. HUGS.

AMY  finding a good doctor taking new patients is hard finding here, too. Right now I don't see my doctor but her NP and I like her very much, she takes time to listen.

HAL  glad you finally got some good rain. We have had too much this year, maybe next year we will pray for some.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Checking in on everyone, been to church & breakfast with the bunch... Turned on the sprinklers in front since the "feels like" temp is already 100° .... actual temp much lower but can't stand out in the sun to watch the sprinkler's run.  So glad the well is pumping out water instead of sand this week! 

Got a load of clothes running, manged to dump half a cup of coffee down the front of me on the way home.  My 3rd cup of the morning so couldn't drink it all & certainly made a mess of me! 

Amy, so sorry you had another run to the ER, hope he is okay now.  (((hugs to you)))

Thinking of all the aches & pains everyone deals with as we grow older.... wonder who started the myth about our "Golden Years"???  Wishing everyone smiles today, when I was little I was taught to give smiles to everyone.  One morning I looked at a man & didn't smile, felt so guilty I raced through the alley & cut back through a yard so I could pass him again and smile.  Silly thing to remember, but I still smile if eye contact when walking along. 
    :) :cheer: :angel4: :boots: :hello: :tup:

halkel

In my email this morning and too good not to share:

A bagpipers final tribute..
        As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight  There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.
        The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played my heart and soul out for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played "Amazing Grace," the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, and we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently, I was still lost....it's a man thing.

;D

JaneS

It most definitely IS a man thing and I was married to one of those men who would drive 50 or so miles out of his way in the middle of the night before he'd stop and ask for directions.  My son saw it so many times that he is NOT one of those men.  He'll ask.

Incidentally, I love that story, HAL.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Love the story, Hal.... I am lost all the time but I tell everyone I get to see the prettiest scenery when lost, and meet the nicest people because I stop & ask directions.  Tom-Tom and Magellan don't help, so still keep the old paper maps handy just in case I can get a sign to show where I am, to figure how to get on the right path. 

Need to run to the store, decided to make a pot of red chili & green chili to put over some cheese enchiladas.  Takes lots of onions for both kinds of chili & then a good Vidalia chopped fresh to go on top with the shredded lettuce & tomatoes. I also make salsa to go on top of all that, & a spoon full of sour cream to decorate.  I love to eat & haven't made these for a long time.  Won't get all done until
tomorrow.  I'm planning to freeze tubs of each chili to have later. 

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS sometimes the Man thing is ok and sometimes not. onetime I was in the bad part of Chicago stooped to ask directions and was threatened big time for my life and told to get out of there,I told the man pointing the gun at me that was fine with me , I would go out to the truck stop and advertise there produce for sale. I am sure it will bring my fuel $$$ and then some and tell the shipper it was stolen and that would satisfy me. they decided that they would help me get it delivered, ( that was in Harlan ) in case you have never had the business end of a revolver pointed at you ( i will tell you that it soon looks) a 105  howitzer. I have been robed at gun point besides that threat.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I am with you I always said I take lots of snick routes but never lost.

Lloyd

Lindancer

Good afternoon, just marking my space.  Very warm to day and the humidity is 97.  I was up most of the night with Atril Fib I think because of the humidity.  i took to nitros, generally only take one. Now I am in great shape if I did not have to walk and breath.

My neighbor just called from the grocery store to see if I needed anything. she will be by in a little while with my small order.

Amy so sorry your husband had more problems.  Praying for him and also you.

Joan and Pat hugs go your way also.  Diana is here so have to go.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Flowers

JaneS

Everyone (including LLOYD) please note: I DID NOT OPEN THIS particular can of worms.  HAL did and I'm backing out.  I get in too much trouble when I comment on anything the least bit controversial. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to all. 

HAL, I just shared your bagpipe story and we all got a nice chuckle out of it!  Thank you for sharing! 

SHIRLEY, I will be right over to taste your chilies before you put them in the tubs to freeze.  Love them both and know they will be very tasty.  I, too, make eye contact and smile at just about everyone, and for the most part I get a smile in return. 

GLORIA de, sorry you suffered all night with your afib.  I am sure that heavy air does make it hard for you to breathe..  take care.

AMY, sorry to read you had to take your DH in to emergency again.  I do hope he is feeling better.  Happy you were able to secure a new doctor. 

GLORIA, I hope today has proven to be a much better day for you. 

CAROL, we are not seriously looking to move, but as we were looking at a few places with Brian, I must admit I became a bit smitten with a couple of the ranch homes I saw.  The worse part of a new development is the lack of trees / greenery around.  Also, they are building all these new housing developments and the roads around them are already over capacity.  I truly am sad to see all this influx of humanity.  New home developments being built in every direction, as you well know. 

I think of you often, JOAN, and continue to hold positive thoughts and
say prayers for you to feel much better. 

Happy to read your Kelly has arrived back after her nice European vacation, SANDY. 

LARRY, I hope you and Pat are enjoying a nice leasurely Sunday. 

JUNE, we do love our home and the area we live in, so the thought of a move is a bit overwhelming, however it is time for some updating and it is so hard to get anyone to come and do their job, so that makes us wonder if it might not be easier to move on!  Both ideas are a bit more than we want to deal with.

HOWDY, JANE! 
I wish you all a good rest of your day. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS we are not putting you in trouble we just tease you because you are such of a good sport. I tell folks it is ok you pick on me because you are leaving someone alone can't take it as good as I can. you are a great friend. Keep your chin up and smile. the good thing about a smile is you can keep it and give it to everyone you meet at the same time. we all love you friend. Have a great rest of the evening. smell the flowers I posted a while ago. that should help you.

Lloyd

June Drabek

A nice quiet Sunday here. Church in the morning, a big lunch downstairs, and home to just fall apart for the rest of the day. I plan to have some left overs for supper, then nothing more to do but loaf some more. My Gary will be here Wed. for Bible study and a visit with me for a while. That is always a treat.

I pray you all have a good nights sleep, and a happier tomorrow for those who are ill and concerned. Hugs, Love and Prayers. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Jeanne Lee

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast