Random Image

twins

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe July 17, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, July 17, 2017, 01:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Larry I do all with the o turn lawn mower except around the trees and flowers at about 7 or 8 miles per hour speed . takes me close to 3 hours when I mow it all.part of it I lower the mower deck down to about 1" on the other side of the drive where Jeff had his trailer and down at the shop yard I raise it up to about 2 2,1/2" tall. I am thinking about fencing up to the two front coiners of the greenhouse  and along the side of the drive and let the cows mow a bit over one acre.  I mowed that part this morning the temp is climbing up so I ate noon meal and going to go take a shower and call it a day. they say going up to 82 but they been missing that by at least 3-5º. have a great afternoon.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Larry, it seems my doctor suspicions lack of salt, when I see her and tell her how completely fatigued I feel. The way I feel today tells me I need something, for sure. Even my arms feel too tired to depend on in any manner, plus the shortness of breath..I have to pant at times to get more air. So I listen to the body, and just rest.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Came home from work and let the doggies out then we all had a bite to eat.  I started to make a pasta salad with some of the pasta I cooked the other day.  Don't have much in it so far but when I get it in a bigger bowl, I think I'll find more things to toss in.  I know I have some shredded carrots and some olives in the fridge.  I'll have to see what else needs to be used up.

But FIRST, I'm going to check the sofa and make sure the girls didn't clean all the zzzs out of it yesterday. 

I hope you all have a pleasant "rest of the day".  Sure wish we'd hear something about Joan.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

That was more than 7 hours ago I posted.  Where is everyone?  And why is there an echo in here?

I'm off to early bed...Good Night Everyfriend!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I think everyone is trying to catch those zzzz you were talking about, I DID. not been much activity here last few days. Goon night and sweet dreams everyone.

Lloyd

Denver

Well this is the day our celebration begins!  All the family is scurrying around to prepare for the pool party tonight....  Mark and Megan arrived by air from Arizona safely.  I talked to my dad and expressed how sad we all are that he is not here with us.  Kurt and the family are enroute from Vail.  Sadly it is clouding up......I sure hope if it is going to rain that it gets with it and is over by our 5 PM party time start. 

JANE, it is so hard to be a distance away, and not be able to pitch in and help.  I hope your cleaning crew left a few zzz's there on that sofa for you. 

LARRY, Patti is not alone, her husband is there with her but he is just not the kind of person that is there for her.  She has a hard time getting him to hear her call.....then when he responds she asks him to get something and he gets around to it when ever.  It is sad.  My hubby was here for me and hardly left my side as he always was thinking ahead to what I might be needing. 

Oh my.....lots of company!  So now it is after 10 PM.  WE just arrived home after our wonderful party at the pool.  It rained on us but then cleared up.  The kids swam and enjoyed themselves.  It was wonderful to have our entire family together. 

I must say goodnight to all.  Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I'm back to wish you all "GOOD MORNING".  And now I'll sit here on the PWP and see who shows up today.  Make today your best ever.

Amy

Good morning everyone.!!

Going to be a lovely day here temp is at 46° at the moment. Great weather for sleeping at night but this coming week is going to get hot :(

Have cherries to do down today and I started laundry last night so will finish that too today..

Jane ,good morning, the doggies and I will join you on the porch.

Enjoy your day everyone...

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well i see three girls. Denver is most likely gone to bed after her party.  Jane is feeding the dogs and Amy is stoking the fire for the day. Hal will be along brewing his coffee and batching yet. I have another headache (throbbing) but it it currently 63º and clear. so I am thinking about going to shop and see if the fresh air will take it away. wish you all a great day as you like, also all that show up later.

Lloyd                                 

Jeanne Lee

A quick report - the latest CT scan showed a spot on the lung somewhat enlarged from the previous scan.  Next will be another CT scan in two months and a PET scan and then we'll see what happens.   :)

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JaneS

JEANNELEE, you remain in my prayers.  Please keep us in the loop.  We care!

halkel

Good morning everyone.

Jeanne Lee you will also be in my prayers,

Lloyd, coffee is ready, headed o Janie's porch

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We have a 60% chance of some rain this morning and I sure hope it does rain and I won't need to turn the sprinklers on for watering on Monday.  However, it will be in the 90's again today.  I just had a quiet day yesterday and expect to have the same today as am very short of breath. 

We are having a couple over this evening for a visit.  They attend our Sunday School class and we want to get to know them better.  We are doing a meal as that is just too hard and if they are agreeable we will perhaps go out to eat with them occasionally.  We really haven't developed a social circle of friends other than those we know from Church and see at Church.

Lloyd, the first riding mower I ever had was an old used one.  I had never used one before and when I got to the end of my back yard and started to turn I hadn't allowed enough room and plowed right through some planting my neighbor had along our property line.  I was going too fast and couldn't stop in time.  I was embarrassed but my nice neighbors told me not to worry about it.  I bet your property is pretty when you get it mowed. 

June, do you feel like you have to force yourself to move and that it takes so much effort to move about or do anything?  Sometimes I get so exhausted that my head doesn't want to stay upright and leans to one side.  That is when I know I have pushed too hard  I am fine while I am sitting or even better laying down but know I must keep going.  I would like to attend a meeting in a few minutes but just don't have the energy so will just stay in today.  I sure understand your comment about having to pant after you have done something. 

Jane, I hope you found some ZZZ's yesterday. 

Jenny, have a wonderful weekend and get all the hugs you can.  This is a time for celebration and I bet your family will have done it up well.  Very sad that Patti's husband isn't responsive to her as what better way to express our love than to be there for our mate when needed.  I see the pool party was a big success and the rain didn't interfere with the kids getting in the pool.     

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee, I'm so sorry to hear that; please keep us posted.  We care.

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had a sleepless night, finally fell asleep about 4:39 this morning to have the phone wake me at 8. Did not make me happy.

JUNE  sorry you do not feel that great today.

LARRY  sorry that Tens machine is not what you expected. Like I said a good one would cost hundreds. I know the one when I had PT must have been more like a thousand at least. Glad you liked those quotes. 

JANE  if you are anything like me I never make a pasta salad the same way. Always add what I happen to have at the time.

JENNY  glad the rain did not ruin your party.

AMY  it was cool here last night but sleep just did not come to me. No sunshine this morning and would have still been sleeping if the dar phone did not wake me.

LLOYD  not nice waking with a headache, hope it goes away.

JEANNE LEE   prayers the next scan is better news.

I hope we hear something about JOAN soon. I know we are all worried about her

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Jeanne Lee,  I, too, want to add my best wishes for a good report on your next scans.  My thoughts are with you.  I can relate to the waiting. 

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Sorry to have abandoned you all on the PWP but my daughter texted that she was going to the Amish store and did I want to go along.  I did!  Just got everrythin put away, took a load of laundry out of the dryer, put another one in and another load in the washer.  Now I have to go fold the ones I took out of the dryer.

After lunch, I'm going to rest and get ready for my shift at WM.  The weather is in the high 70s with a glorious breeze.  I have all the windows and doors open and I'm enjoying it.  I hope you all are having a great day, too.

halkel

Janie, San Antonio:  Presently (1PM)
97.7 °F
Feels Like 103 °F

predicted high today: 104, heat index predicted 110. 

I watered everything thoroughly this morning.  Plants are going to need all the help they can get.

JaneS

Sorry HAL, I'd share this gorgeous day with you if I could!  I'd share it with everyone!  Except Amy.  She has her own like this.

Amy

:tup: Jane, I sure do, it has been a lovely cooler day here with a beautiful breeze blowing. I am sure between you and I we have more than enough to share with Hal and others. I just brought the last of the laundry in off the line, kitchen has been cleaned up after canning cherries and now tis time to rest. :thumbup:  We have 14 jars of cherries that will be tasty come winter....next will be peaches .
I need to clip these girls nails,went to the neighbours and  did their dog's nail so he is done. Maybe tomorrow will be soon enough for these ladies.

Jeanne Lee prayers for you that the next CT scan will show that it went  away!!

Hal do you put a mulch around your plants to keep the moisture in?

Larry ,enjoy your visit  with your friends.

Gloria, when the phone rings early or late at night I always think the worst..

June, hope you feel better.....and maybe you should tell someone that your just not up to par.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JeanneP

June. Now I have 2 doctors that can't figure out why I am so tired these day. At first I put it to being the hot weather.  But each one thinks it is a mild BP pill I take. Body is showing low Sodium. I Cant understand as one time they are saying Watch your salt intake and now saying not enough salt. Bloodtest show that.  Let me know what your doctors suggest to you
JeanneP

halkel

Amy, I only have one plant in the ground.  A trumpet plant and the blasted thing takes a ton of water.  My other plants are in hanging baskets or clay pots.  Nothing like what I used to have.  But I just can't take care of plants like I used to.  Especially hanging plants, they need feeding on a regular basis, weekly or monthly.  I still have one English Ivy that is about 40 years old.  A gift to my wife from one of the kids for Mother's Day, was just a sprig.

June Drabek

Good afternoon dear ones. Another slow day for me…sorry about that. I was on the computer earlier today looking up some stuff, but turned weary in a hurry, so more reading and resting.  I must get down to the library, so will do that next. Have two books to turn in and two more to pick up.

lloyd, what does you Dr. say about these severe headaches you are having all the time. I am concerned for you.

Jeanne Lee, I wish you had received better news on the lung scan. Prayers will be increased for you.

Larry, Yes…too tired too much of the time.But I am older than you, so I expect things to go awry. Yes, we must keep doing as much as possible and not give up or give in. I'm sorry you are having similar problems. I find myself "slumping" in posture, and I don't like that, so I'm trying to be more aware of keeping my stomach pulled in and the shoulders up and straight. I ordered lunch sent to my room today, there is a delivery charge but I'm glad we have that service. They give us such huge servings, I will have enough for supper as well as the lunch.

Janie, I need to do a load of laundry too but don't have the energy. I can hire it done by the staff here…fifty dollars a month, but I don't want to give up yet. Our laundry room is just a few doors down the hall from my apt, so it's no  big chore…just wears me out folding it up and putting it away.

Hal, those temps you have require air conditioning for sure. I would be sitting in a cold shower most of the day. Our high was only 83..but the A/C is still going on in my Apt.

Amy, I have a feeling my Dr. will increase the salt tablets again. This profound tiredness is a symptom of needed salt. I never knew that salt was that important to our health, till now. What I like about living here is that I do not have to accept hospital visits, with the exception of uncontrolled bleeding, or heart attack. If I am ever bed-ridden my son plans to call hospice, so I can stay right here in my Apt. till I die. I feel very, very blessed.

JeanneP, if you blood tests show low sodium I hope your Dr. recommends the salt tablets. They do help. If you check your computer on this problem you will learn the necessity of salt in your diet.

Lloyd Hammond

June Drabek I am a vet. V A hopes we all die so they won't have to pay us the disability.  civilian doctors say stress ?  Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Lloyd, I am aware that you are a Vet and I thank you for your service to our country. It amazes me that you are allowed to suffer these headaches and there is no help for you. If it is stress causing your pain, there are medications that could help you to conquer this stress. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, so perhaps you should squeak at these doctors.

I did get down to the library and picked up some more books. Stopped at the clinic downstairs and enquired if the report was in from my last blood test. It was, I had them make a copy for me, and all looks good. So I guess I don't need more salt tablets. My problem must be age.  :(

JaneS

JUNE, you might think there's nothing you can do about your age but there is.  Some years ago I decided not to get any older and instead of having any more birthdays, I'm having UN-BIRTHDAYS!  On your UNbirthday, you deduct a year instead of adding.  I admit, you are getting a rather late start at this UNbirthday thing but no matter when you start, it has to work.  I've been doing it for about 10 years now.  I asked the DR. what she thought about it and she said, "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it.  It's working for you.  I've never seen a healthier Senior Citizen."

Now I'm sure you all know this is in jest....except for the part about what my DR said.  She always tells me she doesn't know why I came in for a check up. I'm healthier than she is. 

Good Night Everyfriend.  Sleep peacefully and wake refreshed and may God bless us every one.

Shirley

Guess I didn't post about my son's MIL going into the retirement home yesterday.  We were all uneasy about how she would handle the move, since she has more or less isolated herself for a long time.  Her husband had been in rehab for at least a year before he died, she handled that (several years ago).  Then she moved to another area in FL where a couple of her friends lived.  One had to go into full care and the other moved north to be hear her daughter, so she was alone again.  Her Alzheimer's had progressed (or lack of proper food & taking her meds on time) caused mental & physical deterioration.  Her doctor told my DIL she had to be taken care of.  She has been in their house since May and not willing to do any walking/exercise or show any signs of being interested in doing anything.  During the move, a group of "little old ladies", most in their 90s came to welcome her, joking and pulling her out of her shell and telling her family "they would see she gets down to supper, back to her room and again make sure she was led down to breakfast".  The family was so impressed that it was such a positive step they were breathing a sigh relief when they called me last night. Family was invited to have lunch with them and meet everyone, and they were welcome to do so any time.  Don't know how long she will get to stay in "Assisted" before moving on to Memory Care, but so far so good and we can all hope the Alzheimer's has not been the problem, just needed some help with daily living.  So we pray.

Jeanne Lee, I am so sorry about your news, tests don't lie but sometimes they are wrong.... Many many years ago my brother had a "spot/mass" on his lung, an officer in the Army.  He was supposed to go to Panama so instead they sent him to dry Greenland.  When he got back the spot was gone & he is now 92, going strong.  Extra prayers for you as I kneel in the morning.

Jenny, so glad your friend made it through surgery okay. I expect she is used to her husband not pampering her..... some of us are stronger because we have to be.  My husband would watch me to see how I was going to react to a hospital stay (babies, miscarriages, heart surgery).... he was relieved when I took charge & fixed breakfast, willing to do anything I ask but he didn't know what I wanted him to do.  I think it was better for me to just do what was normal.  We all face things differently, maybe your friend can't handle pity or sympathy either.  With me, first thing I know, all's well again. Best wishes for her, such a tragedy.

June, I copied your message about how important salt is.  My son & DIL do not add salt to anything, say they get enough in processed foods.  They both perspire profusely so I remind them about people taking salt tablets during WWII.... (they smile as if
I'm talking about prehistoric times).... I've realized for years that when I get that extreme exhausted feeling a few salty potato chips or cheese puffs makes all the difference immediately.  (My story & I'm sticking to it as a chip fan!)  :baaa:   :cheers: :no:

I didn't get much sleep last night either, Gloria, knew it was supposed to get cooler than my thermostat is set on so was hoping I'd get to open the door for fresh air.  About 3:00 am I got up to check actual temp, turned off the AC & opened the door.  Tom & Tiger made a run for the door when they heard it open, came in to have a snack & wanted back out.  I wasn't sleepy so didn't go sound asleep for a couple hours, then conked out until near 9:00 am.  I did check e-mail since I'd offered to pick youngest son up at airport but didn't know what time his flight got in.  During the awake time I found he didn't need a ride so I gave my body permission to NOT be on alert.   Didn't have anything I wanted to do today so kept falling asleep every time I came in to the computer room.... I flop across the end of the queen size Tempurpedic, watch TV & fall asleep immediately. 

Just had an hour long call from my daughter, she is baby sitting her gr-son in Seattle.  The new baby is due early Sept so now that she is retired, all 4 of her kids have reason to need her help!   ;)  Then my oldest son called to check & make sure I'm okay. He calls every night about 10:00.  Seems his MIL didn't wake up for breakfast, went down after lunch was over so ate alone, so DIL went over to eat with her tonight.  She was having trouble remembering where to look for a clock (3 in the room) and guess the day was not as they hoped it would go.  I don't know if she acts like this because of Alzheimer's, but this has been her personality as long as I've known her (36 years).  My gr-mother took over the nursing home when she had to move in, strong willed & opinionated, back in the day when they only had one TV in the main room, she would manage to get the chair & channel SHE preferred..... until she died at 96.  Nothing wrong with her mind, family realized she ruled!  I would think the same of this lady since she's been totally spoiled as long as I've known her, but she does have the Alzheimer's diagnosis. 

We've had such extreme heat day & night that 2 cooler days of 80s to low 90s feels like early fall..... I sleep better with fresh hair but
have not been able to turn off the AC since early spring.  I keep checking the temps in CO mountains but still hot out there... and no AC in the RV or most of the buildings.  Still plan to wait until mid Sept to go back to call old LaurenKat.  I am sure she is not alive, but have to satisfy my own mind that I tried.  I wish she could have died in her own back yard and not been afraid, but she was at least free. 

News is over, I'd better feed cats again & take my shower, put clothes out for church.  Sweet dreams to all.  Shirley

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'll be getting ready for church soon so not much time to chat this morning.

I checked the temp when I got up because it felt pretty chilly.  It's 52º!  Talk about feeling like Fall.  It's even a bit foggy out there!  it not only feels like Fall.  It looks like Fall, too.  It's supposed to be sunny and the temps will be into the low 80s later today.  A very unusual late July for this area.

Everyone have a good day.  Do whatever makes you happy.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Jane, it is 53 ° here this morning and overcast. We could use an all day gentle rain here.
A day of rest here, just have to make a run to the dump and then the day is free.

Hal, that ivy must be beautiful!!!

Shirley, that must give your son and dil relief when all the ladies pitch in to help his mil.

June, hope you feel better today.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Jane it is getting to that time of year, It according to instant weather 60º here now and shooting for a high of 77º today.
hope you all have a great day today just as you like it.

Lloyd