Random Image

Morning

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe August 1, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, August 01, 2017, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

In the last two days there have been 8 earthquakes measuring from 2.6 to 4.2 with epicenters about 6 miles from my house and fewer than 4 miles from #2 son's house.  On the earthquake location map, the epicenters look as if they're stacked on top of each other.  That's a "whole lot of shakin' goin' on" in just one spot!

I think I've felt a quiver from most of them but heard the "boom" for the 4.2 that shook my recliner.

I've had - and have - nothing scheduled this week, so I've been doing a few errands every day.  One of today's was Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Store (locally owned).

I thought of everyone here who's been canning/cooking for the future when I saw a recipe in the booklet that was tucked into the sack.  It's for Slow Cooker Beefy Ziti and looks as if it would be perfect for those making their own spaghetti sauce.  Interested?

While I was typing this, I thought of conversations one summer when husband was doing graduate work (in Warrensburg MO, Lloyd) and there were families from all around the country living in the student apartments.
We had conversations about the different terms each used for the same thing.  Which makes me wonder:

Do you put your groceries in a "sack" or a "bag" - and do you "carry" them home or "take" them home?

My mother was not afraid of storms - maybe because we lived in a part of the state that was not directly in Tornado Alley.  She refused to go to neighbors' storm cellars because, she said,  "If the Lord is going to take me, he'll take me from wherever I am - and I'd just as soon go with my own things."
She and my Dad had an "agreement" that, if she blew away, she'd wave as she went over his office.

I have a healthy respect for the tornadoes in central Oklahoma - but am somewhat of the same mindset about staying with my own things instead of trying to get somewhere else.   Still don't understand putting a storm cellar in the garage.   Wouldn't you have to back the car out to get to it?

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Amy

Back from the vet, poor girl was so nervous that she wouldn't even take a couple of treats from the vet. We have to lose weight..vet said she had gained 10 lbs since she was there last. On the way home I was glad our guardian angle was with us as I came so close to hitting a deer!! How she made it across in front and not leave a hair on the front of the van I will never know....

Jeanne Lee loved the story of your Grandmom and the scotch, gave me a good laugh and I share the story with hubby too!!!

Jane, I keep forgetting to tell you, I had one jar of cherries that I didn't think seal  (my story and I am sticking to it ) so I put it in the fridge, opened it last night for dessert and ohhh myy was it good. Can't wait now to do peaches!

Better go see what will be for supper ..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

Good Morning all,  I'm running late again, got involved in writing checks and cleaning up desk..more to go, but I must go down for lunch in 30 minutes. Not hungry…would rather stay at home, but I'm going tough it out and do what I should.

my son Gary ordered me a new cell phone..a jitterbug. Supposed to be the simplest in operation and usage. I need simple !! So many ordinary things are turning into a puzzlement.

Hal, I'm glad you stayed home. My traveling days are over and I am not sorry. Very little sanity or safety left in this world. I do pray your wife and daughter are soon home safely.

Janie, it will not be easy to distract your girls. Doggies stomachs rule their lives just as our bodies rule us. Good luck, and God's Peace be with you and them.

Larry, I have reached the point in life now where I cannot trust myself it making purchases. Made two errors on my Amazon buying. The side table, and I bought a live plant for about 3 dollars and paid 8 dollars for shipping. I have Prime on Amazon, but this item was not shipped by them. I don't want to give up though, as shopping on line is one of the few treats I have left.

Jeanne lee, you have me laughing so hard over the house blessing with scotch. I'm sure the saints had a good chuckle too. I had a bottle of holy water in my house at all times, but I just now realized it no longer here. Must have been lost in this last move I made.

Mary Ann, I love storms too. They remind me of whose Boss is in charge of it all. My Mom said the Angels were bowling when the thunder rolled in.

Gotta close this up and get down for lunch. See y'all later.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  Still no news from the vet but she did say it woul be 4 p.m. or later before they call.  Poor Mickie doesn't know what to do with herself.  We took a nice walk, visited with some neighbors and there's not a blade of grass the whole way around a very long block that hasn't been checked out. 

Callie, you asked a very important question of a "recipe-a-holic" who does make and can her own spaghetti sauce.  My MIL was Italian and I learned from her and her sisters when I was a very new bride.  Send recipes....of course!

Gloria, I have a place set for you for supper!  Any one else?  If Joan were here, she'd say "I'll fire up my broom and join you!"  I sure do miss her!

The whole house smells like spaghetti sauce....meatballs too.

Jeanne Lee, my MIL was a feisty little Italian Catholic lady and she probably be the first to say your grandmother? should have been blessing the house with "hard" water all along!  She'd have loved that story!

I think my sister and I heard the story of Rip Van Winkle before we ever went to school and thunder was always bowling as long as I can remember.  The lightning was so they could see the pins. 

My worst storm memory was being on top of a mountain in a tent while the lightning flashed and the thunder cracked and there was nowhere to go.  Of course, there were no trees to fall on us either.  The kids told ghost stories and sang (LOUD) songs.  And when it was all over, the smallest kid in the group remarked, "At least the tents didn't blow away!  We did a great job of pitching them!"  She was right about that!

Don't know what will happen later.  We'll see when Annie gets home.  I might be back and I might not.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Carol

We did have a tornado hit our house in Minnesota.  There was no warning but the sky looked grim and as the children were getting off the bus I told them to get inside.  Our daughter had planned to play with the boy next door so she begged to go over there and I gave in and said OK.  All our windows on the SW side were broken, a pile of black dirt there was going to be used for the lawn and all that blew into the kitchen and dining area.  I had the three boys and dog stuffed into a closet in the basement where we stored camping bags, etc.  It was terribly loud and when over, several trees were down and we needed a new roof right away.  Daughter was in old house next door where they actually had a fire and she said she would never argue with me anymore - well, that didn't last long.   ;)  We cleaned glass shards from the lawn for several years. 

JaneS:  The long and very slow walk - everything is so interesting. 

Love the story of Scotch being sprinkled around the house.

June Drabek

Callie, a 4.2 could be a wake up call,or not. Do you have these shakers happen often ?  When I was a kid I was told to "go get", the groceries, and I "brought" them home in a paper sack. I had no list, since it was usually just one or two items. I would go to the "Red Owl" and they would bring the items to me. No one ever picked things off the shelves, they were always waited on.

So far this has been a good day. I feel almost normal, thanks be to God ! Had lunch downstairs, my 96 year old friend did not arrive. There are three of us that usually eat together, with another lady that is missing off and on.

Then came the book and afternoon nap. I slept through the exercise program, so I will take a nice walk then sit on a glider which is exercise too. The rest of the day will be a bit more desk cleanup. Still have one more drawer of "stuff" to investigate. 

JaneS

Annie's home and fine.  I don't have the report from the dr. yet.  They said she'll call me.

When I was first married, I "went for groceries" and then I "brought them home".  Now it seems like they go to a particular store....my daughter here has to "go to Wengers" in Texas my daughter "goes to Kroger".  Since the stores are so big and they have so much more than just groceries, they seem to be using the store name instead of the items they need. 

Gloria, it was so nice to have company for supper.  Please come again whenever you'd like to. 

Shirley

Callie, I worried all day about you sitting on top of those quakes.... I have some paintings on my walls that move when the rumbles come up the Arkansas River... so when I walk through in the morning & have to straighten, I wonder how much worse it is for you.

I grew up in Tornado Alley, parents tried to be safe but not so much warning back in the '40s & '50s... When we have one headed toward the house I sometimes take important things (like purse, cameras, etc) to the safe room in the basement, but I keep one camera in my hand & run up & down stairs to see what it looks like outside.  Have not needed to head below ground since Cas died, maybe somebody tamed the tornadoes, you think?  Stay safe, hope no foundation damage for you or your kids.

Jeanne Lee, still grinning from ear to ear about your gr-mother.  Don't you love hearing "family" stories?

Jane, my first trip up Mt. Antero in CO was in a friend's old Range Rover without it's top.  Between us we had 5 kids in the back.  She was familiar with driving to the tops of all the mountains in CO, knew "everyone went up in the morning & down afternoon, always lightning storms", etc.  The lightning/rain was really wicked on the way down, had an old canvas tarp but no way to strap it to the frame so kids held in the back & she & I held the front.... until we realized it had metal grommets so not a wise thing.  We got soaked but enjoyed the experience & wouldn't trade the memory, like you.  Good thoughts for Annie.

Amy, hope the furbaby is okay.  I am in awe at all you do & still have time to visit with us.  Do you get more than 24 hours in a day???

Hal, will take days to get over the jet-lag.... for you & the girls.  Worrying takes the stuffing out of us, especially when missing a whole night of sleep.

June, I've also made some boo-boo orders with Amazon lately, my own fault for not reading the details better.  Like you, I love to shop and don't look at anything that isn't Prime.  Target is another, as well as Walmart, that sometimes offers free shipping for one reason or another.  Born to shop sisters!

Gloria, compared with Amy & Jane, I feel like a slob, especially this summer.  My FitBit is not even keeping tabs with my sons it is so ashamed at my lack of steps.  Like that you thought of Joan always "ready to fire up her broom"...   :witch:   

Mary Ann, I also love storms.  The year we were building a house, putting on a thick shake roof, we could see downtown Wichita from the roof top (at least 15-20 miles away).  It would be lightning downtown, bolts drilling into the ground & making loops as it did... gorgeous.

Time to fix cats their chicken... they were so happy to get that T of salmon for breakfast.  Had switched to canned chicken breast for a week, they didn't lick their bowls clean.  They always have dry Friskies Indoor Delight, and do stop to munch it now & then, but they know about these other treats & what time of day to expect to be served.   

JaneS

I FOUND HER!  I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH KATE LAVELLE!

I kept looking until I found a number for Joseph R Lavelle in Fairhope Alabama and I called this evening.  Here's what's going on...

Kate and Joe were away and Joan experienced breathing problems.  She used her button and consequently ended up in the hospital.  She is probably going to be released this week to physical therapy and sometime soon will be returning to her assisted living apartment.  Kate said they were very concerned but things are looking better now.  She also said that Joan opted NOT to use her iPad in the hospital but will be back among us as soon as she can.  HALLELUJAH!  OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

Amy

AMEN!!! Jane aka super sleuth thank you so much for finding out how Joan is.

Sorry I missed supper but we had another storm go through and I was trying to tell Babe that it wasn't that bad.........she didn't believe me one bit!!!

Shirley, it is I who is in awe of what you and the other do!! I love hearing about your trips and your life..

And Callie sounding so cool about the tornadoes going through.. I am amazed!!!

Hear thunder better get off of here...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Jeanne Lee

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

CallieOK

Thank you, Super Sleuth JaneS!    :bow:

June,  I don't remember even hearing about Oklahoma earthquakes from childhood until about 5 years ago. Now, it's said we have more than California does.
Personally,  I think our planet has always experienced various geological changes that affected animals and people at the time (Example: The Ice Age).  Maybe we just happen to be the ones living while another one is going on.

Shirley,  I'm on the opposite side of town from the epicenters of most quakes around here.  Rarely feel more than a quiver and most of the time not even that.   It's odd how the tremors spread.  Sometimes my neighbor on the other side of the duplex feels one and I do not.
According to the map, these were all basically next door to the big City Animal Shelter.  However, I haven't seen or read a word about any of the animals being affected.

Amy,  I'm not quite that casual about tornadoes.     When the weather gurus report a possible tornadic storm heading this direction,  I take my purse,  cell phone, pillows, a quilt and one of my hubby's referee whistles into the corner of an interior closet that's right behind my shower.   My kids gave me a battery operated 'gadget" that has a floodlight, a laser beam, a weather radio and even a small tv.  I keep it in that closet.
Other than going underground, I'm about as protected as it's possible to be.

Duplex neighbor has just invited me to come over and "set a spell" on her patio.   Away I go.....

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have pleasant dreams.

Denver

i just came in to find the news about our Joan.......thank you SO much JANE for thinking to check this out to find out what is going on.  So happy you got a positive answer that Joan is doing better and will be able to be back at her home soon. 

JUNE, so happy that you are feeling much stronger today. 

The most afraid I have ever been in a storm is when we would be on a jeep trip here in Colorado, very HIGH on a mountain, way above timberline and a thunder and lightening storm would start.  No where to go.....nothing higher than us.....it was extremely FrIgHtInG!  Matches up to your camping story, JANE. 

I was in Florida once when a hurricane was coming.....  I must admit I was afraid as I had never experienced one before.  The decision was to stay at Bob's sisters home in town, rather than on the beach.  I could not sleep, knowing it was coming and I did not know what would happen.  The next time we were at the beach and a hurricane was coming our way, we got in the car and headed towards Alabama.  The traffic was so heavy we could only go about 5 MPH.  The rain was coming down so hard.  We just kept going. 

I hope EVERYFRIEND is enjoying a nice evening.   It is quite chilly here tonight....burrr!

I hope you enjoyed sitting on the patio, CALLIE.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

JENNY, our tents were in the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming.  There was only one thing higher than us...a mesa waaaaaay over there!

JaneS

I'm so glad to have found Joan!  When Kate answered the phone she was very wary and I hastened to let her know I was not a telemarketer or something worse. 

I told her to let Joan know how worried we've all been and to tell her that we all send hugs!

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

halkel

Janie, thank you for taking the time to locate Joanie's family.  Hopefully she will be back posting quickly.

Thunderstorms and camping.  I am afraid I ruined camping for my wife way back when.  in 1953 when she first came to the states from England and the biggest city in the world, London, she had no idea about camping in the rough.  We arrived in Texas in July, no a/c back in those days, and my Dad and I loved camping and fishing and a couple of new lakes had been built in Texas.  So my step mom, dad and my wife took off with nothing but camping gear, cots and a tarp and a few pots and pans.  No motels on the lakes in those days.  a good chance you may not see another soul on your trip.  Anyhow, my wife stayed scared out of her mind most of the trip, we camped in pastures on the edge of the lake and had cattle all around us grazing.  And on a couple of nights we had tstorms come up with plenty lightening, thunder and rain.  Dad and I just got up and got the tarps and pulled them over all of us and went back to bed and to sleep.  At any rate from that point on no roughing it for my wife.  She would go to the lake later in our life but only because my dad had bought a place with all the comforts of home on the lake.  Many a time he and I sit on the bank under a nice shade and laughed about how rough it was to be able to enjoy "camping" and go to bed under a/c.  And watch our favorite TV show while sitting in a nice recliner.

Janie hope you get a good report on your pup.

June Drabek

I know I posted to Janie, rejoicing over searching for and finding news from Katie about are dear, dear Bis/Joan, but coming in this evening I see no message at all from me. I am losing it. Maybe I deleted it instead of posting it...sounds like me.

I know all of our hearts are lighter and happier tonight, and Janie, I do appreciate your finding and giving us this good news.

Sleep well dear ones. Hugs, Love and Prayers, always.

Shirley

Thanks for being the link, Janie....  a relief to know Joan will be free to get back to her own "space" soon. 

Hal, your poor wife and that first camping trip....  Don't know how (or why) she ever forgave you!   ::) One year after my father got back from their antelope /elk hunting in western CO (6-8 guys) Dad set up the tent to dry in our side yard.  We had 5 lots on one side of the house & a couple across the street.... only one other house near.. on the edge of the city.  I invited about 6 girls to spend the night "camping", didn't think about anyone being scared at home~~  don't think anyone got any sleep.  The tent was big enough for 6-8 big men with cots, plus a stove & cook stove & all their gear.  I tried to convince the girls we didn't have any wild animals around, so can imagine what your wife thought with cattle roaming & maybe real wild animals.    When I camp in MO I do enjoy TV, heat or AC, gas or electric cooking & who can survive without a microwave now?   In  CO I have to run the generator to use the microwave, furnace or AC, but propane runs the frig & freezer & stove, so no sweat keeping food cold or cooking.  It was my husband that hated camping.....

Time for cat snacks & get to bed.  I did not do a good job of wiping out my "to-do" list today.  Sweet dreams.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Off to the city this morning for a cardio appointment.. hope to be home before the traffic starts.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good moring Everyfriend!  We're up and attem this morning.  The doggies have been out; Annie had her pill; I have my coffee and we're waiting for the buzzer for breakfast.

I'll be off to Wally World this morning!  Wish me smiles!

I slept better last night and I think part of it was because we know about Joanie.  It's such a relief to know that she is healing!

I hope you all have a lovely day.  We are to get rain again beginning this afternoon and continuing into the evening hours.  The high will be in the low 80s.  I can handle that!

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. it is 57º now and going for 75º today. I wish everyone a great day, the nice thing about a smile jane you can keep it and give it to everyone you see at the same time, makes all feel better. 

Lloyd

Mary Ann

Hal, I had a good laugh over your wife's first camping trip in the US.  I don't remember any such adventures when I was young, but maybe because my dad was a Scout leader for many years and he would be camping, but my mother, Norm and I would not.  And I'll bet my mother would never camp.  She was a good sport, but I don't think camping was her "thing".

Hal, you sent your weather pattern this way unfortunately.  We've had several threats of storms and they all bypassed us.  And we need rain badly.  Maybe Amy is getting rained on instead.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We have another overcast day with a 40% chance of some rain later.  It is suppose to get up to only around 85 degrees this afternoon. 

The main activity for today is that the chair lift tech is coming again as the batteries in the chair are not charging.  This is pretty discouraging as they were just here on Monday to do some repairs, put in new batteries and do maintenance on the lift.  They think maybe the charger has failed and will put in a new one this morning.  I am convinced we got the lemon in this lift.  This was suppose to be the best lift on the market but we have had a lot of problems with it.  I plan on staying home all day.

Yesterday was a good day for me but turned out to be a very painful day for Pat as her back started spasming and wouldn't stop.  We have a massager like the chriopractor uses and I had to use it probably 5 or 6 times on her back to give her only momentary relief.  Finally after taking another pain pill and muscle relaxant and applying Aspercream to her back she was able to lay down and go to sleep and so far this morning is OK.  She plans to take it very easy today. 

Mary Ann and Hal, living on a dairy farm the idea of going for an overnight camping adventure was out of the question.  I am an indoor person and do not like to hunt or fish as would rather be reading a book.  My son was in the Boy Scouts for a few years and the troop camped once a month regardless of the weather.  I remember going out to pick him up from the camp on a January morning when it was probably 20 below and when I got there they hadn't even broken camp as guess they weren't anxious to get out of the warm sleeping bags. 

Mary Ann, I see your had some rain yesterday. 

Hal, I can imagine how exhausted your wife and daughter must be after such a long, long trip home.  Glad your family was there to pick them up at the airport.  One of the really useful Internet tools is being able to track planes and their ETA's rather than going to the airport and having to wait hours for the plane.  It sounds like your dog was sensing the stress of the situation.

Jane, I remember the noodle cutting tool my mother had as she always made her own noodles.  Sorry I couldn't get to your house by the time your spaghetti and meatballs dinner was served as it sure sounds good. 

Gloria, good to see you had a good nights sleep for a change.  It is rare for me not to get a good nights sleep and have slept well the last two nights.  I wish Pat could use the Capsaicin but because of her fibromyalgia she stays away from plant based products that are applied to the skin.  I have never been to the JFK airport but been to many of the other big airports like Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, San Francisco and many others.  I do't remember my children being afraid of lightning and thunder. 

Jeanne, sure a funny story about your grandmother and the holy water/scotch. 

Callie, I don't recall ever experiencing an earthquake while we lived in Oklahoma.  We did have a few while we lived in Alaska and then just a few weeks ago had one here that was centered about 10 miles from here but we heard the loud boom sound but didn't feel any shaking.  I do have earthquake insurance on our home as we live near a fault that is considered the 6th most dangerous.  Did you treat yourself to some ice cream at the Braum's store?  We had a storm cellar on the farm and my mother would take us there if it looked like the potential for a tornado.  I don't remember my father ever getting into the cellar.  I have written before about the tornado's destroying the home we had in Moore, Oklahoma but years after we moved.  The same thing happened to a mobile home in Kentucky after we had sold it and moved to Virginia. 

Amy, not easy to put a pet on a diet as they are used to eating what they want.  Sure glad you didn't hit the deer.  We didn't hit a deer but one hit us just a few years ago on the freeway and we were traveling 65 miles per hour.  We still have the dent in the side of the car on the back.  We were very fortunate.  I saw it as it crossed the median after getting across the two lanes going the other direction and probably a good thing Pat, who was driving, didn't see it as she might have slowed down and the situation would have been much worse.  Likely story about why you had to eat the cherries from one of your jar you had canned.  :)  Those canned cherries make great cherry pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on it. 

June, I hope you will like the Jitterbug cell phone.  I fear our traveling days are over except perhaps for trips less than 3 hours and right now that sounds daunting.  My wife has online ordering down cold.  Amazon makes returning items very simple.  I always try to find Amazon Prime items but sometimes can find things less expensive for other sources that may be offering free shipping. 

Carol, it must have been a terrible feeling to see your home so damaged by the tornado and what a cleanup job.   South Carolina has had many home damaged by flooding in the last couple of years to the point of having to tear everything out.  Unfortunately, a lot of these home were very low income homes without any insurance.  We have had several people from our Church spend days mucking out the homes and tearing off sheet rock and then helping rebuilt the homes so they are livable. 

Jane, glad Annie got home and is fine.  Thanks for tracking down information on Joan.  Good to hear she should soon be able to return to her apartment. 

Shirley, I have never understood why, other than the cost, that as new homes are built that don't have basements, a small safe area isn't added that has rebars and concrete that would protect from a tornado.  I guess I just don't understand what would be involved.  It looks like you are also an accomplished Amazon and online shopper. 

Lloyd, it sounds like you are in for a very pleasant day weatherwise.  You are so right about a smile and we usually get one in return. 

halkel

Good Morning, I am off to PT.  Be back later

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another humid day in store for us today, sky is hazy this morning. Looks like a stay inside with the AC day for me.

JEANNE LEE  I think it is horrible when a person so afraid in thunderstorms makes a child scared, too. When the 2 neighbor boys got my 3 scared I just could not allow that. Quite a story about your grandma and the Holy Water.

MARY ANN  I treasure all my family photos that show generations together. I have some with my parents, some of my siblings,grands and great grands. I have an old one of my Mom as  young lady her Mom and Grandma.

CALLIE  wasn't it last year when you had a series of earthquakes? My groceries are in a bag and I brought them home in the car then carried them in the house. Now either my groceries are delivered or my CNA shops for me. I rather live here where we have advanced warning of hurricanes. There have been tornadoes but nothing really bad except the one in Worcester, Mass. back in the '50's.

AMY  never had canned cherries but imagine the taste in mid winter would be like a bit of summer.

JUNE  I bought a Jitterbug phone and could never understand it so went back to a simple tracfone. Do not really  need a smart phone.

JANE  hope that the vet gave you good news. your mention of Joan and her broom makes me pray once again for her. I sure miss her big time, just like we all do. I so wish we would get some news. Having company for a meal is much nicer that eating alone. Your homemade sauce is just as tasty as I thought it would be. Cannot beat home made. You are a good cook.

SHIRLEY  Amy is not the only one who does so much every day, YOU do the same. You do more in a day than I do in a month. You sure have spoiled those cats.

JANE  thank you so very much with news about JOAN. I never would have thought of trying to find Joe's phone number.

CALLIE  glad I do not live in Tornado Alley.

JENNY  Florida has been hit full force with some hurricanes. Here we get them but they mostly hit the shoreline. Some have come inland and we got a lot of wind and rain and damage. After the surprise one in 1938 before they  much warning in those days there was a lot of damage all over and many died in that one. Next one was in the 50's that came inland. One cemetery in Woonsocket was damaged and coffins were washed down the river. Now they have a barrier there so that can never happen again. Bridges in that city were washed away and they put up Baily bridges until new ones were built. Last one I can remember going inland skipped RI and went by land  into Vermont and NH where they never had one before.

JANE  we do all send hugs love and prayers for JOAN. Thank you again for your detective work.

HAL  coming from London to a rough Texas camping trip must have really frightened your wife. I came to this town after living in a city all my life and the first time I saw a cow up close I panicked. I was sitting in the car and my husband was fishing. Cows were walking by to their barn and one stopped and looked into the window. All I could see was that big eye looking at me. I must have screamed, my husband came to the car and slapped it's rump and it moved on. Till then I had only seen cows in a field while we drove by.

SHIRLEY  when I was introduced to campine every one had tents and I really enjoyed it. Now people go "camping" and  all the comforts of home with them. At least with a tent you did not have a lot of housework to do. Cleanup was easy and meals cooked on a fireplace or campstove were fast and easy and tasted better than at home.

AMY  good luck today.

LARRY  sorry Pat cannot tolerate the Capsaicin, for it works great.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lindancer

Good afternoon, another sunny warm day.

I am waiting for a friend to take me to the cardiologist so find out why the low readings. 

I came in here just to say, how glad I am to good news about Joan

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

CallieOK

Good Morning....oops - now Good Afternoon  :)

Gloria,  Oklahoma has been having earthquakes every year for the past several years.  Geological gurus blame it on waste water being put deep underground by oil/gas well drillers.   

Lindancer,  hoping for a helpful answer for you from the cardiologist.

Neighbor and I visited until almost 9:00 p.m.   A cute little cottontail bunny accompanied me from her back yard to mine.  Then it scampered under the fence.  May have been the one I posted about earlier - much braver now.

Larry,  I'm always tempted by the interesting flavors of ice cream at Braum's.   Sometimes, I give in.  ;)

More and more schools  are building Safe Rooms to hold all of the students in the school if a tornado is approaching.  I recently read of one that was also constructed for use if someone threatened violence with a firearm.  How sad that this sort of thing has become necessary.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Amy

Back home before the flood of traffic hit! :thumbup: Dr. upped one med for him and I hope that solves everything....but I do doubt that. Sitting here for a moment when  crash happened in the bedroom.up I flew and so did the dogs only to find hubby on the floor....in between the wall and the bed...managed to get him up and all is well. Looking like another storm and they are calling for tornado warning so I went out and picked the wild raspberries..got a good size container full..

Better go check on hubby to make sure all is well.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Surprise Lily or naked lady.