Random Image

breakfast with Kelly and Kirk

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:22:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Show Me A Photo Of...

Started by Jeanne Lee, August 08, 2017, 09:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Three Umbrellas, The one on the left has white dots on black, the one on the right is full black and the one in the forefront is blue plaid. I also have one small collapsable black purse size and a bright red one somewhere said the magpie, (See anything bright & shiny, must have!  :) .)

[attachimg=1]

angelface555

Show me a slightly worn vegetable like my yam.

[attachimg=1]

jackwv

Pat a good one, looks like you can plant it!

jackwv

Did not want to post my license plate.  Came out of my favorite pub, after a few Gin and Tonic, came across this in the parking lot.   Like the plate but removed the number.

[attachimg=1]

Vanilla-Jackie

Jack wv...
...very wise not to publish your licence plate number...Yes when we put ourselves behind that wheel, we need to place our trust in God...and of course we do...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

Here is one I saw when in NC

[attachimg=1]

JeanneP

That is a beautiful Brolly Jean. All I have are sport ones.

Now I don't think you can order special License plates now in Illinois. I use to like to read them.  I think people started going crazy. Rude things on them and so Gov. decided to stop making them.  Sort of like the reazon bumper stickers went out. Use to really be some wild one. Remember the ones they had in the Gas Station gift shops.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Michigan still has vanity plates but the State edits the request very carefully.  I certainly would not get a plate with my name or initials as some people do. 

Mary Ann

jackwv

The Organist at our church has a plate that reads     

BACH-OFF

donklan

[attachimg=1]

On a Volkswagen.........known as a Bug in the U.S.

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

MaryTX

Of all the cars I have had over the years, my favorite was a 1957 green "Bug" :).

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

jackwv

JeanneP

I have had 4 BUGS and also a VW Bus. Loved them. Would make it may last new car if they were still importing them from Germany. They don't. Some are make in Mexico but not good.

I do miss seeing the funny license plates. Even the serious ones, some very clever.  Always people coming along to ruin things.. Things like. UP YOURS!
Don't know how that got through. Freedom of speech I guess.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

angelface555

Jeanne Lee

HUH?  That doesn't sound very appetizing!   :o

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

jackwv

Jeanne Lee, agree, I toss mine out.  Nothing to take a photo of.  Pat how about another request.

FlaJean

Show me a photo of a lamp

I've just about given up on tomatoes this year.  Next year I am growing my own.

jackwv

Jean, I like tomatoes cooked, but not raw, even in a salad.

Did not have to go far for a photo of a lamp.   I keep this little emergency lamp handy.  It does not have batteries, just crank the top and ready to go. 

Lets stay with your request for a real lamp  :)

[attachimg=1]

Vanilla-Jackie

Show me some embroidery, or lace...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

I used to embroider bookmarks

so_P_bubble

here is a lacy table cloth I knitted on 8 needles long ago

[attachimg=1]

let's see more crafts

MaryTX

Bubble, I love your tablecloth.

Years ago, I inherited my aunt's 8 foot by 5 foot dining room table and buffet and lace tablecloth she crocheted to fit it. 

My daughter has taught herself how to knit, crochet, counted cross-stitch, embroidery with those "How to Teach Yourself to Knit (or crochet, embroidery, cross-stitch, quilt) In A Weekend". She now pretty much sticks to knitting.

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

JeanneP

Again. Wish I could take photo's could have posted on most of the past requests.  Those table cloths are so beautiful. My mother could do that work. I never could do the lace type crochet. 
Now my friend who is in Belgium she sent me some Lace work than she had started to do at the age of 8. I have watched them do that and unbelievable how they learn to move those spindles around. See ladies doing it up into their 80s and fingers so crooked.
JeanneP

FlaJean

Show me a photo of some type of transportation

I have crocheted more afghans than I want to remember.  For many years I made crocheted baby afghans and baby sets and then I discovered the computer!

Mary Ann

Jean, like you, I have crocheted more afghans than I can remember.  I also crocheted many doilies, knit several sweaters from kits when they were popular (still have many directions for them, too), did a lot of counted cross stitch (mostly genealogy samplers) and as you did, I discovered the computer..  I don't know the last time I did any fancywork.

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

river crossing on "ferry"

More transportation please!

FlaJean

I love the look back in time, Bubbles.

jackwv

Bubble, a little later in time.  The Sistersville Ferry, still in operation on the river south of us.   

Let's have more transportation.

[attachimg=1]

Mary Ann

I have been on similar ferries, more like Jack's picture, but very primitive.  A ferry at Ironton MI holds only six cars so is busy all summer long. 

Mary Ann