Random Image

Dumdiddys

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe September 24, 2017

Started by so_P_bubble, September 24, 2017, 04:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Larry i got your reply. if you ever or anyone else get to Las Cruceas N M go to the pinann motel
and look at the skin they have pinned up there. each button of the rattles are as or a little bigger
than your two middle fingers. those rattle snakes in that aria have been nowen to strike front tier on a car and blow it out. have heard of a man running his hand around tee inside of a tire and snagging a finger on a broken off fang and getting very sick near death before treated.
have a good day.

lloyd

Denver

🎃O🎃C🎃T🎃O🎃B🎃E🎃R🎃

Here we are in the fourth quarter of 2017!  My goodness this year certainly has passed quickly. 

AMY, I enjoyed reading your description of your wake up call this morning.  Our little love ones sure are a blessing to us.  Yes, I suppose you are right that you will more than likely have a fire every morning now until spring.  Thankfully you have all that wood chopped and ready for use. 

JANE, I hope what ever is on the agenda for today with the family is fun for all. 

GLORIA, sure happy they got your heat turned on so you, too, can be comfy in the mornings. 

No real plans for the day.......the Broncos play the Raiders at 2:15 here in Mile High Stadium, so we will watch them.  Might go over to Brian's and watch it, as Cathy is flying off to New York today, as she is going to the stock exchange to ring the closing bell tomorrow.  Quite exciting for her! 

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

Good Day to Everyone!

We are back from church and coffee with friends afterward. 

Not been a totally good morning.  Wife was running late and she had greeting and I tried rushing to church and ended up getting a ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.  Which made me even later.  And will lighten the old pocketbook somewhat.
My fault.

Amy, my pup doesn't try to crawl into bed with me or wife.  She is more a teenager, she wants to sleep in most of the time.  She wont get off her bed till she sees one of us open the patio door and the she will come to the door to go out and take care of business.

It is a beautiful day out,lots of sunshine and cool temps.

Larry, I took the cog railway to top of Pikes Peak, it was a nice ride but I was disappointed with the condition of the place at the top.  Junky and dirty.  I would have thought it would be spiffed up for us tourist.  That was many moons ago when cell phones first came out and we managed to find a signal and called home just for grins and to say we did.  We noticed lots of people driving to the top.

I hope everyone has a great day.

JaneS

I'm home for the day!  It was a wonderful day.  All the girls went antiquing.  We have some intriguing antique shops in our town and even if you don't find something that you can't live without, it's fun to look and remember and dream.

Then we dropped Christy off at her friend's for a visit and the rest of us went back to Cathy's and loafed around on her patio.  While we were talking, we forgot that there were some things we wanted to grab at WM so we took off to get them.  By the time we finished, it was time to go back and get Christy, pick up Cindy's friend and meet the rest of our gang at THE FENCE for supper.  I not only had all four of my kids in the same town, I had them all at the same table for dinner!  What a treat for this old lady!  Cindy, Courtney and Christy are probably on their way to Christy's house in Maryland and Cathy is at home.  Son Philip and TLH dropped me off at home and I'm about as tired as any old lady can get.  But I'm also about as HAPPY as any old lady can get!  Now I'm going to feed the dogs and relax.

HAL...remember the ol saying "Haste makes waste"?  I think you might have proved it today!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lindancer

Good late afternoon, been watching the President's Cup from NJ, Love seeing that Skyline, what a lovely sight to see while playing golf.
To day is a little on the cool side, but bright sun 

Gloria, did you have a Hail storm yesterday, at first I was wondering what was hitting the windows, Was a cold rainy day.

Marilyne, I still watch the Ed Sullivan show, also Carol Burnett comes on at 11:30 every night in the week in NY As I wrote before I also watch Johnny Carson interesting a lot of the shows are from late 70,s

to early 80's. The actors are so young.  ONe night Eddie Murphy said one thing you will never see is a black president.

MaryAnn, when we had the old antenna we had a one legged sea gull that would set up there, he came back for a couple of years.  I have been to high tea at the Waldorf in NYC and the out here on the Island and of course there was no comparison.

I am finishing this post two hours later, as company came in and spent the rest of the afternoon

Larry, MaryAnn or Hal did you see the Presidents golf when the 3 presidents were on, I thought that was great.

Jane, I am so happy to see you had such a great day.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria D, I did not see the three presidents at the beginning; I wish I had.  I did see Trump present the President's Cup to Steve Stricker.  I don't understand match play so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, but from all reports it was a good game.  I was glad the Americans won because they haven't been so fortunate in the Ryder Cup which will be played next year.

It has been on the cool side here today but my computer did read 70 degrees at one time.  It really was very comfortable and I was able to wear a sweater to church this morning.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

I am in to say Goodnight. I did get to Church this morning but so tired I came straight home and have done nothing but nap and read. I wanted to do my monthly grocery order but so far, it is not done. Hoping I will get it done now, then have a light supper and off to an early bed. If I don't get back, have a Blessed night and a happy tomorrow. Hugs and love and prayers, June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Joy

I guess I am better late than never.   Just getting around to finally write a message before it is  tomorrow.

I slept in a little bit, and then got busy writing checks for this month's bills and then got involved in going through a bunch of junk mail and that took quite a while. I had a whole bunch of stuff to put in the shredder and the recycling bin.  I thought while I was going through  some things I might as well get it all done at the same time.

The party yesterday was very nice.  The weather could have been a little warmer, but we all managed to stay warm.  When the sun was out, it was really nice, but when it clouded over, it felt almost like a winter's day.  My daughter-in-law found some lap robes and a couple afghans that we "old people" put over our legs.  And, my son has several of real tall propane heaters that he brought up on the deck where we were and that really helped.  A lot of the younger ones were still running around with shorts and tee-shirts. 

There wasn't as many people as there usually is, and I am sure the "iffy" weather made a big difference in some of their decisions not to come.  However, there was a lot of good food .  My son supplies all the drinks..... soda, wine, and beer and the hot dogs, hamburgers and pit beef. Everybody brings a covered dish or appetizer or a dessert. There was a good variety of hot and cold food.   Most all the food and appetizer were gone, but several beef roasts were left over.  They have 2 big freezers, so they won't go to waste.  The nice couple that they hire to help were kept busy all day.  They always stay until everything is cleaned up.  My son usually has a little bit of cleaning up outside the next day, but most everything is done by the time the helpers leave.  There are always some friends and neighbors  that stay after everybody else leaves and I am sure they wind up eating again.

It was nice to catch up with some friends and relatives that I don't get to see very often,   I got home a little after 7. 

Today was a really pretty sunny day with no wind.  Still a little chilly, but the weather forecast for the rest of the week says it will be back in the 70's and low 80's by the end of the week.  I have a wedding on Saturday, so hope the weatherman doesn't change his forecast. 

Hal, I am so sorry that your day didn't start off too good.  I think you should have just gotten a warning, since you were on your way to church. 

Jenny, yes, it sure doesn't seem like the year is almost over. I just don't know what happened to summer.  It just seemed to disappear.  I am not ready for the cold or snow just yet.  The winters seem to drag by so slow. 

Jane, I am so happy to read all about your wonderful week end with your family.  Sounds like you were quite busy and did a lot of fun things.  So nice that you all could all get together for supper.   The Fence sounds like such a neat place.  Hope the girls have an uneventful trip back to Frederick.  I am sure you are tired, but it is a "Happy TIred".  You can rest up tomorrow as I think you mentioned that you are on vacation.  Enjoy your time off !!!

Almost time to get myself ready to watch some TV and then go to bed.  Nothing exciting planned for most of the week. 

Have a good rest of the evening.

Joy

BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

It is time to say good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

Let's start a new Soda Shoppe

HERE