Random Image

Wise Turtle

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe September 24, 2017

Started by so_P_bubble, September 24, 2017, 04:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

I'm resting from my labors.  I made a batch of dog food that will last me until Sunday morning.  If I could just teach these dogs not to eat....oh well, that's a small thing. Then I made my laundry detergent for the next 2 months.  That has to sit for 24 hours with a little shaking now and then along the way but it sure saves me a lot of money!

Now I'm taking a bit of a rest and then I have to take a shower and get dressed and grind coffee.  Then after lunch, I'm meeting my grandniece at her college to give her my sister's keys that she forgot.  Bridget is going home for the weekend and can take them and that's faster than UPS or USPS.  And easier for me and I get a hug from Bridget into the mix.

When I come back from there, it'll be almost time to pick up TLH at the bus.  And that's how my day is going.

SANDY,  FE is adorable!  I really enjoy the updates and watching her grow up.  It seems only yesterday that she was born! 

I'M OFF!  (And I'll accept no snide comments on that remark!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

OOPS!  Forgot....Gloria, if I lived closer to you, I'd come by and cook for you.  It relaxes me and it would help you!

larryhanna

It is going to be another sunny and hot day here in South Carolina with it getting into the mid-90's again this afternoon.  I expect to have a pretty quiet day.  Pat will go to her craft group this morning and then plans on going out to lunch with a couple of the women from the group.  I am delighted to see her do this as it has been a long time since she has done this and know she always enjoyed it in the past.  I need to go get a loaf of bread and a couple of other things and may eat my lunch out.  This evening will be the Wednesday night dinner where our main item will be beef stroganoff.  Then Scott and Jennifer will likely come out to the house for the evening. 

We really enjoyed our senior adult luncheon yesterday.  There were six ladies there with their therapy dogs and they presented our program by telling us about the program and a bit about their dogs.  One of the ladies had a big Mastiff dog that she said weighed 180 pounds but was a gentle giant.  After the program we had a nice lunch of a big sub sandwich with salad, chips and a chocolate chip cookie.  This is my kind of lunch.

Lloyd, fortunately I don't have diabetes although one time I was given the testing equipment.  I eventually passed it on to our daughter as what I had was better than what she was using and she was very much a diabetic. Glad you have a phone that you will be able to hear on and hope it isn't hard to use.

Hal, the BP monitor works with the flash on the smart phones.  I did a quick Google search and found this link that provides some pictures. It does not replace the cuff and the app has a disclaimer that it could be up to 11 points off.  I think it would be a quick indicator if a person saw they had a high reading to get to the doctor for better analysis.  https://www.instantbloodpressure.com/

June, I like your attitude about not getting concerned if something you planned, like doing your grocery order, doesn't get done as you might have planned.  I am a very routine oriented type person and my wife is just the opposite. 

deAngel, as you recovery form your two days out you at least have some great new memories of the joy you experienced.  Glad you were able to get to the ocean again.  You did a lot in one day.  There is a place here in North Augusta called the Snowcap that is the old type drive in that has been in business for many years.  However, I don't think they do any ordering or carry out to the cars.  We have eaten there once and it was OK but can't say it was a place we will likely visit very often.  I think it would have a long way to go to make a best list.  :)

Shirley, glad that you got CallieCat back and no wonder she is hungry.  Your planned October trips sound like a lot of fun. 

Joy, I remember those good crab cakes when I lived in Maryland for 5 years.  It seems around here there is more filling than crab in the cakes. The Chop House restaurant we go to for special occasions does have decent crab cakes and I have had them several times. 

Amy, glad your husband got a good report from is doctor. 

Gloria, sorry to see that you overdid with the tomatoes and apples.  You sound like my wife in pushing a bit further with what you are doing than your body wants to go. 

Sandy, so nice to read that Fe's dad is so attentive to her.  I hope you have a great outing today with your family. She is a beautiful little girl and these 18 months sure have passed quickly.

Carol

I will just say - DITTO to everything Larry wrote.  Love the "picture" of the loving family for it is nice to see a family caring for each other - that is Sandy's family!

We had a really nice quilt gathering last night and a newcomer came - her name is just like mine.  She is fairly newly widowed and moved here to be closer to a son.l 

We are planning to see a grandson in Fort Collins tomorrow - anticipating a dreadful drive through the city of Denver.  Why are all these people moving here daily - it is an exodus of huge portions that has changed this area drastically.  Cannot understand it - there are not that many jobs - housing and rent is sky high now.  Still, they come.  Support organizations are on overload. 

Mentioning the return to places you lived - I am so glad we spent two weeks in Minnesota and got to see the relatives and friends.  It was a great return to yesterdays.  Many are intending to come and visit us now - that would be super duper! 

Mary Ann

Shirley, the last family reunion I went to was in 1951; my mother's family in Wisconsin.  I took the train there, stayed with Mother's aunt along with others (big house).  We were/are the only family in Michigan and when we got together at Christmas at Norm's in recent years, that was our reunion. 

Sandy, I see Fe is about the same age (18 months) as my oldest 2x great niece who lives near Lansing MI and I seldom see.  I see the almost-8-month-old twins more often because they're Tom's granddaughters and he takes me with him occasionally. 

Shirley, I'm glad CallieCat returned; it would have been awful to lose two cats.  While I felt you would not find LaurenCat, I really hoped that you would.  I picture her now as sitting on Cas's lap wherever they are.

I think I have not had crab cakes, my seafood love is fish.  Joy, I'd gladly accept your invitation to lunch at a seafood place.  Around here, it would be whatever fish was served at a restaurant.  We do get Lake Michigan lake trout but it is so often served fried and I try to steer clear of fried things.  I don't know how to cook fish and I don't cook any more anyway.  Tom does not like fish.  When we've gone to the Score, I've ordered their Fish and Chips.  The fish are deep fat fried, but they're meaty.  You can guess the Chips are French fries and I eat very little of them.  I have not seen the oceans enough to gain appreciation of either one, but Lake Michigan has spoiled the oceans for me.  You can't see across Lake Michigan and we have some spectacular days of white caps.  The other Great Lakes are the same as Lake Michigan but I don't see them as often (or any more).

Gloria Z, I hope your aches and pains disappear soon.  I'm not ambitious enough to try to make anything like you did.  Or that Jane does.  Or Amy.  I hope when you reach your 90s that you will still have energy to do things.  I never did have lots of energy and operated on one level - not high nor low.

End of book.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Good morning all....Read all your good messages, and now it is time to get dressed and go downstairs for my son's Bible class.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, on a warm muggy cloudy day.  They say Marie will be will offshore later to day.

Shirley, Hope you get to your Oktoberfest, sounds like you would have a great time.  Many years ago I went upstate to and Oktoberfest, I think near Bear Mt.  I also went to a big beer garden with lot of singing while I was in Germany.

Jane I wish I still had all your energy. I like BBQ, wish I could stop by and get a little on my chicken.

MaryAnn, we use to have small family get togethers, but there only are a few cousins left now. Of course I am the oldest one left.

Joy, I have had Maryland crab cakes once when I was on a bus trip to Wash.

Amy, so happy to read your hubbys BP.was OK.  AS I told Jane I never could keep up with you gals anymore, and to think I use to work all day and teach Line dancing at the center at night.

Hal, I will be over with cup in hand.  I have to tell you I like strong coffee and no sugar.  Just milk. :thumbup:

Gloria, I know how you feel it is Wed. and I still am recuperating from my adventures Monday.  I was even happy when I had to clean up the  beach sand  I had brought home in my shoes.

Sandy sounds like you have a lovely caring family.

Larry, also happy to see that Pat got out and about. Larry two line went out the door at the Snowflake, and they only sell soft ice cream.

Good afternoon June, always good to see you post.

maryAnn, when I have been in the hospital, they are not happy that I live alone.  they always ask if I can cook, I say i am a very good cook, I take fancy food out of the freeze and put it in the microwave, heats in a few min. and I set down to dinner.

Yes Carol, it is nice to go back to "Yesterday" once in a while.  there I have happy memories.

Jenny you wrote the other day about the snapping turtles.  Well at lest your g.son did not take them to school and sell them. :)  Yes I can still see that monster size snapper coming on all 4's and heading toward Mark on a blanket on the lawn, it had it mouth wide open.  Thanks God the police officer was driving by.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Sandy

Good Afternoon Everyone. 

I had a good morning today going out with
Kelly, Madison, Fe, and Maggie ... 
So good to all get together.

Regarding Puerto Rico.    My son married a gal
from Puerto Rico,  and her whole family that still
lives there (some had already come to the mainland US. 
Are going to be leaving the Island.    This includes her
Mother and Father,  and other close family members. 

They are not going to be able to leave for a few more
weeks  (middle of October)....   

In the meantime,  my son Kirk's and his family are moving
from Pennsylvania to Boston .... 

So they are moving and his wifes family are leaving a
disaster zone...  (Puerto Rico is so damaged and living
there will be difficult for many months if not years to come. )

Kelly  has offered her home to give the people
relocating from Puerto Rico a safe place to live
and get settled.   (Kelly and her girls can live in the
cellar until people get settled.)    ...   it may not happen,
but it is so important for families now to sacrifice while
these unfortunate people stranded on Puerto Rico and the
Virgin Islands start their lives over again here in the States. 

Hopefully  the US will get it's act together to help
residents of Puerto Rico  overcome this tragedy.     
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Denver

Good afternoon, EVERYFRIEND. 

I did not get in yesterday, so I had a lot of catching up to do.  We had a cable repairman here at 7 AM for over 3 hours.  He finally was able to correct the problem that we have been having and we sure were happy.  Very nice young man. 

We had a delightful gathering at Dr. Dave and Michele's last evening.  Bob's two first cousins and their hubby's are visiting from Birmingham and Auburn.  M made a delicious meal and we all sure enjoyed it.  Tomorrow Bob and I will be joining them at the famous Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs.  We are looking forward to the day.

SHIRLEY, it was good to read that your kitty returned...poor baby sounded famished....  Sorry to read that your neighbor passed away so quickly after moving from his home.  Your up coming trips sound delightful and I am happy for you. 

SANDY, the news and pictures coming out of Puerto Rico are extremely disturbing.  Our National Gurd has been sending troops down to help them out.  Bless everyone there.  So nice of your daughter to offer her place for the family to come and stay so that they can get on their feet.  Such a beautiful country that is just devistated. 

GLORIA de, I sure enjoyed reading about your outing and were certainly delighted that you had such a nice time.  As others, I was sure pleased that Cathy took you out for a great day together.  LOL, no grands did not take the turtles to school, however they sure wanted to keep a few for pets and suggested giving ones to their friends.  They were sure cute little devils.  I will look to see if I can send you a picture of them.

CAROL, I know we really need the moisture but I am really tired of these gloomy days....I NEED my sunshine fix!  Sorry your table callaspsed on you.  Sure glad nothing got hurt but I bet it gave you a fright. 

I feel so sluggish when the sun does not shine.......

Enjoy your day my friends.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I hit "reply" and was going to say that my busy day was finally over and I remembered that I had a pan of cauliflower cooking in the oven that will need to be cooled and frozen in meal size bags and another pan on the stove that will need to be finished in the oven (maybe tomorrow) and also frozen.  I got a beautiful, immense head of cauliflower at the Farmers market.  I couldn't resist.  I also got some beets to cook and eat and drink the beet water they were cooked in.  That's good for high blood pressure and she even told me I could put a little lemon juice and a tiny bit of sea salt in it.  It's not bad that way but now I also have to deal with the beets.  I think I'll pickle them and throw in some hard boiled eggs.  That means that I'll have to go get eggs but I think I'll wait until Christy gets here and see if she brings me any eggs.  She has chickens!

Now, the only thing I have to do yet tonight is drain the water off the pan on the stove and stick it in the fridge until tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, Mickie has a 7:30 appointment at the vet so I'll have to be up and attem early tomorrow.  I sure hope the sofa has a couple of zzzzs left there for me to find while Mickie is gone. 

Gloria, if you were close enough, I'd bring over a jar of barbecue sauce so you could have some whenever you wanted it and when you ran out, you'd just have to let me know.

And now I bid you all a very good night and may God bless us, every one!

June Drabek

It seems like I was busy all day long, but I did get a short snooze in this afternoon. Gary's Bible class was great, as usual. And my doctors appt. went well. Tomorrow is choir practice, so that is a must attend.

Now it is time to take care of the various "get ready for bed" chores, so off I go. Hugs, Prayers, and bushels and barrels of Love. Always. June

Amy

Good morning everyone..

The weather has finally cooled down tis 43° with a gentle breeze at the moment.

Jane, you have done a lot of work to prepare for the winter ahead!! Farm fresh eggs are the best!!!  I opened up a jar of pears last night and it seems I had better get another peck of pears. Much nicer than the hard canned ones!

Sandy, WOW has Fe grown, love watching her grow up, she is so adorable......but then you already know that :thumbup:

Gloria De, I think what you did was also amazing.You made a lot of people happy by teaching them. I have two left feet :(

Gloria, our apples are starting to come in now and after I get the pears done,they are next. I am going to can them for pies.

June,sounds like your day went well including a little cat nap.

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  We're in wait time for Annie's pill and when the boinger goes off, Mickie and I will be off to the vet.  She's getting a tooth pulled this morning and she's not going to like being away from Annie let alone having a sore mouth. 

One thing I forgot to do before I went to be was to start the dishwasher.  So there it was full of dirty dishes this morning.  Now that's running.

AMY, I didn't get all the cauliflower packed last night.  There are two big dishes in the fridge waiting for attention today.  But that will keep me busy while I worry about Mickie.  I have to have something to do while I worry. And I can put away the clean dishes and take the stuff out of the dryer and fold it, and....and...Aren't these supposed to be our leisure years?

Oh yes, later I'll be picking up TLH after her after-school exercise thingy.  It's a pretty neat program called "Girls On The Run".  They do all kinds of track things that don't need any equipment and it's run by a bunch of high school kids and their track coach.  I think it's a way of recruiting but I'm not saying that to her.  She loves it and it's good for her. 

You all have a good day!  Try to make it your own special day!

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

I see our two lovely ladies are already up and doing their thing.  I swear we have workaholics on our hands.   And yes Janie, these are suppose to be your leisure years. ::)

I am off to mens breakfast and bible study this morning and then cant think of anything I need to get into.  I really should clean up this computer desk but then no telling what I would find, maybe even a dead body.

We are still getting rain, boy we have had several days of it, I had forgotten what it was like, love it.  I didn't get my garbage taken to the curb yesterday, rain and muddy and my back is still giving me fits, just one little spot I think it is where I hurt it when I fell in backyard.  But my elbow is much better, boy I took a hunk out of it.  Got a good look at it yesterday for the first time.  Checked it out good when I showered.  Still have a bandage on it to protect it.

Got to get a move on.  Everyone have a great day and Janie give the pup a little extra love she is going to have a rough day.  Bless her heart.

larryhanna

It is going to be another mid-90's afternoon with no rain in the forecast. It was just Pat and I at the dinner last night at Church.  Scott plans to come out early this morning and install the pull out shelves, which won't take very long.  Today will be my typical Thursday with picking up my friend as the assisted living facility and going to coffee, then taking him home after about an hour.  Finally I plan on attending the Wisdom group this morning. As far as I know that will be it for today.

Mary Ann, I am not a big fan of most fish as don't care for the fishy taste.  However, I love the crab cakes and crab legs, Shrimp and a few types of fish that are mild like Tilapia. 

deAngel, I hope you don't get too many effects of Maria.  Unfortunately Pat didn't get to go out to lunch as one of the lady had her granddaughter with her and couldn't go. 

Sandy, was your DIL's family home destroyed in the hurricane?  That is a very kind offer from Kelly to share her home. 

Jane, the running program sounds like a great idea. 

I haven't tried to respond to each of you today as have limited time available this morning.  I need to get the cabinets emptied where the sliding shelves will go.  Fortunately there isn't much in any of the cabinets, mainly some big appliances.  I hope everyone will have a good day. 

Mary Ann

Larry, where I might go around here and there is seafood on the menu, the fish is likely to be tilapia.  Back in the days when Norm was single (before Dot), we'd go to a nearby restaurant and I'd have baked halibut that I liked.  I don't think halibut is in good supply any more.  I remember being on a Canadian tour when I got some halibut (1966, long time ago) and I loved it.  I can get lake trout that is fried and I try to steer clear of fried foods, but I'm not entirely successful.  Portions of anything at restaurants these days are too large for me and I usually bring half of my meal home - even salads.  I've mentioned this before that if a man and woman order the same thing - regardless of what it is - both get the same amount of food.  They have children's servings, why not woman's servings!

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good morning everyone, this week has shown me that I should never try cooking again. I am still worn out from all I did in 2 days. The only time I do not ache is when I am laying down. Cannot live my life that way. Today is supposed to be the last day of the August temperatures, hope the weather guy is right. A cold northern front is to come in over night.

LLOYD  when I get up from a chair I need something to hold on to so my rollator is always close.

JANE  now if I said I'm OFF every one would agree but not with you. I always enjoyed cooking and baking but now I know about all I can do is make my oatmeal in the mornings. Worse part is there is very few prepared foods from the markets that I can eat. Thank you for your kind remark.

LARRY  it used to be I would cook and bake every day with no problems but now I have realized what just a little cooking is too much.

MARY ANN  with a husband, 3 hungry children and working full time I was always in a rush to cook and clean house. It helped as they got older and helped some ane my daughter surprised me with getting supper ready at times.

GLORIA de  I now know I am not just lazy but really cannot do anything I would enjoy doing.

JANE  I think you meant Gloria de about the BBQ sauce, I love the taste but it does not like me.

AMY  my son has an apple peeler and I used to borrow it to peel, core and slice the apples and then freeze them for pies later. It was great to have different fruit in the freezer to use on cold snowy winter days to bake with.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

GLORIA, you're right.  I did mean Gloria De.  She's the one who mentioned the barbecue sauce.  I should have been more specific.

I saved myself some packing time by eating a plateful of cauliflower for lunch.  It was deeeee-licious. 

I think Annie misses Mickie but we took a nice long walk this morning and she loved it. 
She got to stop and sniff what SHE wanted to stop and sniff and some fix-it guys getting in their truck gave her the works.  The one guy really liked her and he actually knew she was a Scottie.  Most people think because she's white, she a Westie. 

Now we're just waiting for 2:30 so we can go get Mickie.  I bet she'll be ready to come home for sure.  Guess I better go put the laundry in the dryer and the dishes away out of the dishwasher.  Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.

Sandy

The family in Puerto Rico did not loose there home,
  but they did loose electricy,  water access to food.   
They own four properties down there,  but it is going to be weeks if not many months to get the island back up and livable.    The electric grid on the island has been destroyed.    So that takes care of
just about everything..   No AC or Fans....  and the temperatures are up in the 90's days and very humid.   

So there are nine family members who will be leaving the island
and settling in the mainland,  as soon as that can be arranged.   (not easy to get on or off the island)

I do believe that the US is starting to get its help
organized...  but for many it is way too late.
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sandy, I'm glad to hear the Puerto Rico family home is OK even without electricity or water.

Jane and Gloria Z - re I'M OFF - It was kind of a family joke when my dad would leave for school (he was a teacher) in the morning, he'd say, "Well, I'm off" and my mother would say, "you sure are"!  And we'd all laugh.

Mary Ann

JaneS

MaryAnn, that sort of like our family joke.  My mother would say "I'm off" and my dad would say, "She doesn't know how right she is."

Mickie is home from her ordeal.  She is minus 3 teeth a thirsty enough to drain the city water supply.  However, they said she is to have water in small amounts for the next 8 hours so I guess I'll be putting the dish up and down regularly.  She doesn't seem to have suffer much from her day away but when I went to get her, I could hear her barking in the back. 

She has more medicine to take for the next 2 weeks than I've taken in the past 10 years!  That should keep me busy, too.

halkel

I offer this little video of Mickie and how she felt when she got home from the visit to the vet:

https://biggeekdad.com/2017/09/pet-dog-relax/

:tickedoff:

Mary Ann

Hal, I loved it.  I have my "ears" in and I sure could hear what the dog was saying!

Mary Ann

Amy

Jane, you are going to have to give Mickie special love...and cuddles.

We took off with the dogs on our yearly pilgrimage through the Park to see the colour.....and it wasn't that vibrant as it was last year. We usually head on over to another town to have lunch but instead turned around and came home. Love the drive through the park, not a place to go on weekends as bus loads of people are like ants all over the road taking photos.

Managed to get the last binding made for the 3rd quilt so I can take that with me tomorrow.

Hal, that little fella meant business.

Better go see what I can get out of doing  :2funny:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

HAL, that was FUNNY!  But it sure wasn't Mickie! The only part of her that she doesn't want touched is her jaw and i avoid that.  They are both under the desk, in fact, they've both been hot on my heels ever since she came back.

Amy, I don't think the colors are as nice here this year either.  Maybe it's the extremely hot weather we've had.  I think they need a frost to color.

I managed to get the beets pickled now to wait and see if Christy brings me any eggs tomorrow.  If she doesn't, I'll have to go buy some.  Maybe I'll text her tonight to see if she has any ready to go. 

I'm ready for some rest.  I didn't get a chance to check the sofa for zzzs this afternoon.  I think I might just go watch some TV through my eyelids.  And if that doesn't work, I think I'll hit the hay early!

Forgot to say that today was a perfect Fall day.  The temps were in the high 70s, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and there was a lovely breeze!  My favorite kind of day!

June Drabek

The only thing I have managed to do today is go down for lunch, home to stash my left overs and back down for choir practice, and I feel like I have been washing walls and floors all day long. How can one become so fatigued by doing nothing ? I am even too tired to read a book.

Tomorrow, with God's help I plan to go down at 2 p.m. to celebrate Dr. Hadleys retirement party.He has been our Chaplain here at Rowntree Gardens for the past 15 years. He started when we were then called Quaker Gardens. He and his wife are Life Time residents, so this will always be their earthly home. I love both of them as part of my family.

Time to eat some suppper and get ready for an early bed time. I pray you all have a happy, healthful tomorrow, and a peacful, blessed sleep tonight. Hugs, Love and Prayers. June

Amy

Good morning everyone

We are now getting fall temps, it is 0° this morning, I had better hunt up a long sleeve blouse to wear today. We are off to the city taking 3 quilt tops to be finished and picking up more fabric plus two kits she wants me to do.Taking the dogs with us as they really enjoy going in the vehicle and know that there are special treats for them when we stop for lunch. You don't dare not bring them something from your lunch!
Jane ,hope Mickie is better today. Vet told me to give Golden girl soft food for a while but it wasn't long till she wanted her hard treat cookies.She gave me a scare this morning, I called her 3 times and then had to touch her to see......well just to see and she woke up. She must have been in a deep sleep.

June, don't chastise yourself for being tired...all I am doing today is driving and that tuckers me out!!

This is the first time the sewing group is back after summer so it will be nice to see the ladies.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. well this computer must be in janes friends hen house
sucking all the eggs. it said it had installed all the latest up dates. now nothing is working popper. I went to VA yesterday and they took my old breathing machine and gave me a new one. it is supposed to be the latest state of the art.
supposed to talk to V A direct an tell them what is going on. don't think it is, i do not se any thing on the screen, and the new mask leaked all night long. I am as tired this morning as if I had not gone to sleep. I am going to be on phone talking to that laddie at 8: A M sharp with ? why, and see if she can straighten me and it out over the phone or will I have to come back up there.it is 53º and
is going for 76º today and partly sunny. have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

AMY we have a couple of quilting frames but do not set them up any more. Nancy and her mom both used to do quilting, but not any more. the sewed the blocks to gather to make the top's, but quilted them by hand in the frame.
but te last quilt she did she set it to gather and then took it to a lady to machine quilt it. nice but not as nice as all done ones by hand, i may try to take a picture of one or two of what she done and post them. she told me yesterday she is thinking about having G D to teach her how to get on the computer and use it.
that will be good but i will have a hard time getting it then. Have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  We've been up for a bit but with all the meds and restrictions Mickie has, it took a while to get through the pill process and breakfast.  Mickie now takes the same pill Annie does in the morning...the one we have to wait an hour for.  Then she has 3 of her own that go in the food until she finishes them off.  That's every 12 hours.  They told me to watch her water intake but she's so thirsty all the time.  I seem to remember that when I had my teeth extractions, I was thirsty, too.  I guess if she keeps it down, she'll be Ok.

We're having Fall here too.  I wrote what a perfect Fall day yesterday was but I'm not ready for freezing temps yet. 

LLOYD, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your breathing apparatus but I hope they'll be able to help you over the phone. 

I got up and stripped the bed so I could wash the sheets for my daughter's visit and then I remembered, they're staying with my other daughter tonight and coming here tomorrow.  So I put the bottom sheet back on and the one I'll be using on the pull out bed on the top and I'll try that move again tomorrow.

I hope you all have a lovely day!  Take it and make it yours!