Random Image

Robby

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2017, 03:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallieOK

Thank you, Hal.  It looked as if both teams had practiced Pass Defense; unfortunately for the opponents, it's impossible to tell what Baker Mayfield is going to do next..  Also looked as if there's been a few lessons in Sportsmanship.  'Bout time, I think!

Janie,  recipes were sent late this afternoon.   They're ones I'd shared with Misses Ellen and Emily when they moved into their first apartments.  So they're "family tested and approved".

I put lighted greenery and candles on the mantle and set up the Nativity scene while I watched the football game. Had done the eating area and guest bathroom yesterday.  Other than putting two miniature trees and a couple of Christmas Village buildings on a long cabinet in the living room, I'm done!
There was a good article in this morning's paper about "minimalized decorating".  I feel as if I've been "given permission" to cut way back (which I had decided to do, anyway  :thumbup:)

The pre-lit, battery operated timers on the outside garland and small tree are working perfectly.  Wish these had been available years ago.  Whoever designed this unit didn't think about the really impossible difficulty of dragging hoses or cords across the driveway and down the length of the garage to get from the front yard to the outside faucet and plug for that area.   :idiot2:

Tomorrow will be a busy day.   Church service will be The Hanging Of The Greens, which is always a lovely service.  Then a group of 20 will have pizza at the church before going to the matinee of a local theater production of "Forever Plaid"  The church music director is music director for the production.

I hope Everyfriend has had an Enjoyable Day and will sleep well with pleasant dreams.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Yesterday was productive, some laundry hung out on line others dried in dryer but all done. Wood box filled and another load to go in and sewing done.....sweet!!!

Today we are heading to the city to Christmas shop. I know what is needed and won't be long at it.

Hope everyone is feeling great today and has a wonderful day!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, hope your day works out just the way you want it to.
I don't suppose any one here are currently what they call snow birds ? like travel a big part of the time,go places and park in the bad weather.
but they say if you live with someone long enough  you get just like them, Nancy is a natural born worrier, I am beginning to do the same. we are thinking about getting a class a motor home and doing that. now I am thinking how to get enough meds on hand to do that. I will have to see if I can go to any V A Hospital and get them , as they are prescribed by V A ? Have a great day.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We are having Internet problems this morning so this will be a brief message for today. Will plan on going to church and I will go to Sunday school and then we will
likely go out to lunch look forward to having a quiet afternoon and evening.

I’ve read the messages since yesterday and with this problem with the Internet I will not post any individual messages this morning as posting from my phone isn?t very easy with the browser I am using.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!
Well got my face scraped and teeth pearly white, so I am about ready for church.  Wife has greeting this morning so we have to be there early.

Not a nice day out, kinda yucky, not quite wet but sure missing a good opportunity. 

Amy, don't forget to buy me a pretty for Christmas.

Got to get my shoes and socks on.  Be  back later.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I am wondering if my grandson will come and pick up my PC today. As bad as it is I will miss getting in here for several days. Just want to make sure you all know I am OK and have not left my favorite place.
Talked to my daughter yesterday and she sounded great, more like herself. Good neighbors where she lives, a few brought meals for them, enough for several days. Not many there and they are not close to each other either. They can see the house of the closest one across a valley. None close enough to look at what they are doing. When we had our house neighbor used to look into the kitchen window from his porch. One time my daughter was standing on a chair and I was pinning up the hem of a dress she looked up and saw him looking in and she waved and the jerk waved back.

JOY  know how you feel about getting a hair cut. My DIL came and cut mine a couple of weeks ago and it sure is easier to handle now. I was getting to look like a halloween witch. This manager has been here for almost 4 years and she is only the second one here. This building is only 11 years old.

JENNY  yesterday my daughter said she had one spot that hurt a little but not bad. She is not taking any of the pain pills they gave her either. She is another like Shirley and does not like meds. I had been meaning to ask you if you checked out Joe on FB but see now that he has said nothing about her. I know I miss her a lot and know we all do. It just is not the same without her.

JANE  about the only thing I made that might be4 called a casserole was lasagna and folowed the recie on the box of pasta but used my own sauce. I really dislike all the ones in the jars.

JUNE  my Mom had me gargle with warm water with salt and vinegar. Vinegar is great for killing germs.  Might not taste great. Do you have any honey? a spoonful in your mouth and just let it trikle down, don't just swallow it all at once. My daughter has to go back to the doctor in 3 weeks to get checked out. They have plans on going to San Diego for Christmas to see their sons and friends.

CALLIE  the CNS I have on Fridays wanted to put my tree up Friday but I would not let her. I really have no room for it and if I decide to put it up is will be a few days before Christmas and it will come down right after, too.

AMY  my SIL has never been one to do any household things but yesterday he did the laundry and hung it out, brought it in and my daughter sat and folded every thing. He even did the dishes. He is always good to her and this proves he saw what she did.

LLOYD  like Nancy I worry about every one and every thing. Does no good and cannot change anything.

LARRY  no internet problems here but every Saturday cable acts up.  I so dislike Cox and complaining to them does no good at all.

HAL  getting colder here now but the sun is shining.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,  from the cold, but
clear and sunny, rocky coast of Maine!

Hard to believe that there are only 22 more days
until Christmas.     (Yikes)  :uglystupid2:

I hope that everyone has an enjoyable  day.. 
Peace to all

Sandy
:smitten:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

I was up at my usual time and tended to the doggies.  While they were waiting out their pills, I got ready for church and after they ate, I left. 

I took my notes along to church to solicit more recipes for Natalie and I obtained several promises, a few maybes and one, "I haven't cooked for ten years but I'll ask my husband".

Cindy will be arriving around 4 so I'm going to try to finish the gumdrops before she gets here.  Enjoy your day Everyfriend! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Phewwww....shopping is done and so am I! Hubby and one dog are napping, other dog is flat out on the floor. Have all the Christmas gifts done..even one for hubby though he doesn't know it. City was busy but manageable and Costco opened a bit early so I managed to be in and out in 1/2 hour. Yes, I flew from one end to the other but got everything I needed. Now comes the fun part of putting it all away. Just having my cup of tea then back to work.

Hal, I hope you don't mind me wrapping it in the same paper as last year?  :2funny:
Forgot to say, I love Andre Rieu...thank you for sharing.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Happy Birthday, June and Jenny.  I am sorry i missed the day.[/size][/b]                                                             

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Joan, great to see you!! Hope each day finds you stronger and stronger!
Jimmy Dean

Lindancer

Good afternoon and it is late afternoon, already almost dark. quite cool and cloudy all day.

Gloria, so glad to see your daughter is feeling better each day.

Amy, I have my shopping done, but now I have to wrap the gifts. Half of my cards are written.  Will start a little house decoration next week,, with the help of my nephew.

Larry, I hope the problem with the internet is soon fixed.

MaryAnn, I ear at Friendly's a lot, and they have tuna melt.

FRiday, I went to Homemakers for the 2nd time this year, and everyone was welcoming me back. I have not signed up for any classes yet. They are going to teach potatoes pancakes next week, I might go to that class.
I did go to the hematologist for my shot, I go every Friday including to the 5th of Jan.  They are trying to build up my low blood count.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Sandy

What's up Joan?

How are you doing?   

MIssed  You!!

Sandy
:coolsmiley:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

halkel

Welcome back Joanie, you are a welcome sight..... :thumbup:

JoanFL

i am not doing too well.  Still no date set to get out of here.  I sure do miss you all.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

June Drabek

Not  feeling "up" third day of the blahs.....Bis....I love you !!! Thank you for the B.day greetings. Back to the recliner for me. God is with us all, June.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS well you asked for and here you are,

2 cups of cooked rice.
1 can cream of mushroom soup , or pref c of c or your taste.
jalapeno peppers
shredded cheese
1 pint of sour cream
bite size Ham

Mix rice sour cream of soup and sour cream together.
put 1/2 of it in 6 x 12 baking dish.
place alternating ham and jalapeno slices about 1/2 " apart.
sprinkle cheese lightly over that (to taste).
remaining mixture over that and about 1/2 3/4 " deep of cheese over that.
bake at 375 º until cheese is melted and golden brown to taste.

Enjuy

Bis I am also very  glad to see you posting just do not over do it. we all Love you

Lloyd

JaneS

Just came in to shut down for the night and saw that JOAN had posted.  We sure have missed you!  Welcome back!

halkel

Joanie, get well fast and get back to your home before Christmas.
We have missed you.

Bed time again, busy week ahead, two or three doctors appointments and really need to get my car in for a recall on it.
Hope all you have a good week.

Night, night, God Bless and Sweet dreams

Shirley

Good to see you, Joan, sorry you aren't doing well.  Maybe Christmas will cheer you up and with the joy, you will heal better. 

June, sorry this is the 3rd day of blahs for you.... Maybe singing some Christmas carols will turn things around & put a song in your heart again.  My mother always said "when things weren't good, not bad, just blah....  find someone that needs cheering up and do what it takes to make them happy and you forget about your own blahs... ". Hey, heard that from the time I was maybe 4 or 5 ...often enough it became a habit.  You are such an inspiration I'll bet it pains everyone when you are not up to par.

Gloris de.... hope you will come back & tell about the potato pancakes.  My mother used to make them a lot & I loved them.... been so long.... As many times as I tried to come up with her recipe, never got it right.   I'm interested in the type shots you get for low blood count. My family has a history of a type anemia that only the iron plus B-12 shot will snap us out. I am hoping a tad low is what caused the low oxygen level in CO.  Dr. appointment to find out the 19th, but doubt if it's low enough for shots. 

Hal, I keep playing Oh Holy Night in the background...5th or 6th time.  Thanks for the link. 

Amy, I love to buy Christmas presents but have given up picking out for even the little ones, they all have too much and I hate to have gifts wasted....  I've given money the last few years on Thanksgiving and tell everyone to "pick out what they want & let me know at the Christmas party what I got them"...... they usually tell me they haven't had time to shop, so not working.

Gloria, hope your gr-son gets your computer working fast & Skype as well.... know how much it means to you to see Regina. 

Today is my mother's birthday, yesterday was Cas' mother's so I called his brother to offer sympathy, I knew he would be thinking about her all day.   Another busy day tomorrow, last of the warm days & much to finish up outside.  I'd like to put up a few decorations, maybe just some strings of lights hanging from the porch light.  What goes up must come down & I am being lazy this year. 

Sweet dreams to all and God Bless.  Shirley

Denver

Beautiful Sunday here in Colorado. 

Thank you, JOAN, for the birthday wishes.  It is so good to see your post, but we are all extremely sad that you are not doing well at all.  My continued positive thoughts and prayer asking for you to feel much better very soon.  Love and hugs to you.

JUNE, I am sad to read that you are still not feeling well.  I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you. 

GLORIA de, enjoy the potato pancakes.

JANE, I am truly trying to think of some recipe that I could share.  I am not really one to follow a recipe, rather I just add a bit of this and that, but I am thinking and will try to have something soon. 

GLORIA, thank you for the updates from Regina.  Happy to read the neighbors have shown kindness by sharing meals.

The Super Moon is indeed QUITE SUPER tonight.  I hope EVERYFRIEND has a chance to see it. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Carol

Jane:  I have most of my recipes at home in Highlands Ranch - I sure will take a look tomorrow but my old tried and true stuff is at home. 

Jenny:  You and Bob celebrate more birthdays and anniversaries and puppy sittings than anyone we know.  Glad you are doing so well.  Yes, the weather is changing here- you would have just loved the full moon coming over the Tucson mountains - amazing.  We have flights booked - it is not the best as we stop in Salt Lake going and somewhere else returning and getting in around midnight.  Don't ask me how this happened - it is the wrong time of the year to fly to the ski country and into the desert getaway. 

Joan:  It is so nice to see you reporting for duty.  we all want you to feel better soon. 

June:   Ditto to you on recovering and feeling better as well.    Take care.   

At dusk, I looked out the front window and spotted a mature Javelina walking down the middle of this side street.  Not a care in the world and some cars barely missed it.

Hal:  Do you have Javelinas in Texas?  I thought I remembered hearing that name when we lived in Plano. 

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I'm up with the doggies.  They've been out and had their pills.  Now we're waiting. 

My daughter is still sleeping and we're trying to be quiet.  We'll be leaving for the funeral around 9:30 and she had a rough day yesterday. Today won't be easy for any of us.

Jenny and Carol, thanks for "thinking" about the recipes.  The book is beginning to take shape and I think it might turn out to be one of her favorite gifts. 

The temp her right now is 24º and we are having one of those "freezing fogs" where everything it touches has a sheet of ice on it.  I hope it clears with daylight.  I wish you all happy days better health and lots of love.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Going to be another great day!! Have a trip to the dump today, taking ashes plus the garbage away. Need to do little jobs around here as we will be away tomorrow.

Shirley, I loved buying for the little ones ,the frilly dresses and wee suits for them but now they are all grown up. Gift cards fit, they are in the right colour and they can buy what they want or need. I don't have to return because of wrong size etc.

June, hope today finds you feeling better.

Lloyd, that you for the recipe, I will try that one also.

Jane, our temp is 32° now......thinking of you on this difficult day..

I had better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.. 
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are to have a mixed day of sun and partly cloudy with it getting up into the high 60's.  This is the morning I have been looking forward to as by noon I should have clear vision again, although my eye will be dilated for a couple of days.  My son is going to go with me this morning.  My appointment is for 9:25 so won't have to wait all morning.  I will spend the rest of the day after I get home taking it easy.

We so enjoyed watching the 50th anniversary Carol Burnett show last evening.  It was two hours long so I watched the second hour from the comfort of my bed.  That show and Frazier and Cheers are probably the top three shows that I have enjoyed.  Of course, I realize I probably have forgotten about some other great shows I have watched over the years.

Hal, glad to see you were feeling up to going to Church yesterday. 

Gloria, I appreciate you letting us know you will be without a computer for several days.  It sounds like your daughter and SIL moved into a great area with wonderful people as neighbors.  At least when your mother had you gargle with the salt and vinegar you could spit it out.  I don't think I ever heard of that combination but it sounds like a good solution to use.  Pat had the housekeeper help her get the poinsettia plants put in front of the fireplace but won't do any other decorating for awhile and she also liked to have the decorations put away by New Years Day. 

Jane, I hope you got the gumdrops finished.  Pat is starting to use the Instant Pot she got last week.  We cooked some chicken thighs that were thawed and they came out so well that she then cooked some frozen chicken breasts.  She is excited that frozen meat can be cooked as sometimes she forgets to get something out of the freezer in time for the evening meal and that shouldn't be a problem in the future with the pressure cooking.  I think she will get a lot of use out of this appliance.  She has been watching a lot of videos and reading about its use.  She found out it is a smart appliance that can be started using blue tooth from a distant place.  We don't plan on using this feature.  Hope you don't have to deal with icy roads as you attend the funeral this morning.

Amy, they have a lot of very nice things at Costco.  Did you do all of your Christmas shopping there?  It is a relief to have the Christmas shopping completed.  I think we are about finished, at least I hope so as the credit card needs a chance to cool down.  :)

Joan, so good to see your posting.  So sorry that you are not doing very well.  You know we are all praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. 

deAngel, I found my internet problem wasn't Comcast but a glitch in my computer that a reboot cured.  Of course I fussed around with the problem for most of the morning.  Glad you were able to go to the Homemakers group.

June, hope you don't have a fourth day of the blahs and are feeling more like yourself today.

Shirley, isn't it interesting that some of the sayings and doings of our folks when we were young never leave us.  Your mother had a good plan to deal with the blahs.  I am taking the Vitamin B Complex tablets daily and the GP has ordered blood tests right before my next appointment to determine whether I need the B-12 shots or not.  I sure hope I don't.  I think I have been getting a lot of benefit from the oxygen I am using with my CPAP nightly as haven't awoken tired since I started using it and seem to be generally feeling better over all. 

Jenny, it sounds like you cook the same way that Pat does as she usually modifies recipes.  I tell her that is the way new recipes are created. 

Carol, traveling in December can be a task especially around the holidays.  It sounds like the javelina thought it owned the road.  I have never seen one of them. 

Gloria

Good moirning everyone, sun is shining bright today but windy and cold. After such a warm fall we were spoiled and not ready for cold. This is the first time the cold is bothering me and it is not winter yet. Maybe this year I will hibernate and not go out at all. Could be I will have to get myself a very warm jacket, the one I have has kept be warm a couple of years but who knows??

HAL  beautiful version, thanks for the link.

AMY  you sound like my daughter. No matter what store she goes in she knows what she wants and heads there and out ASAP. Once I got into a store I enjoyed looking around.

HOORAY  there was JOAN yesterday. JOAN  you are so missed.

GLORIA de  when I talked to my daughter yesterday she sounded great.She even went outside and walked around near their house for a bit.

JOAN  we all miss you big time. Sorry you are not doing so hot but know you are fighting to get better and home again.

JUNE  I feel like you today. If my CNA was not coming I would stay in nightie and robe all day.

SHIRLEY   my little great grandson has so many toys he cannot play with all of the. My son's living room is full of them, too. I was hoping my grson would pick up my PC over the week end but they might have gone to pick out a Christmas tree. I do miss Skype especially now, would like to see how R is looking.

LARRY  vinegar is great for many things. I know some who will drink a shot of cider vinegar every night ans say it helps a lot. I worked with one man who after all the pickles were out of a jar he would keep it and drink some of it every night. That would taste better with the spices in it.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Carrol, yep we sure do have Javalina.  There was no season on them for many years, but some years back they set one.  Runs kinda along with deer season.

Gloria, suggestion to you on Skype.  Go to your "control Panel" and open your "programs and features" then highlight "skype" and remove it.  then go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHpfeK1W-p0]https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/[url] and download it again, it should come back with all your contacts and hopefully will work again.  It more than likely has become corrupt somehow or another.

Joanie, here is a link that might cheer you up, three hours of Christmas music: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHpfeK1W-p0] and download it again, it should come back with all your contacts and hopefully will work again.  It more than likely has become corrupt somehow or another.

Joanie, here is a link that might cheer you up, three hours of Christmas music: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHpfeK1W-p0]https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/[url] and download it again, it should come back with all your contacts and hopefully will work again.  It more than likely has become corrupt somehow or another.

Joanie, here is a link that might cheer you up, three hours of Christmas music: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHpfeK1W-p0
  and here is another link with the Celtic Ladies, but it has commercials between some of the songs.  But enjoyable.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDki7Vj0oIA

Shirley, potato cakes, my Mother's recipe as best as I can remember it.  Left over mashed potato's, add milk, then flour to thicken and a tbsp or two of baking power.  Please note there are no real measurements, just play it by ear.  But they are good.  I used to make them when the girls lived at home.  But wife is not crazy about them, she is weird.

We are getting ready for our big chill, due tomorrow morning.  We took pup in for her Christmas grooming and believe me when I say she wasn't a happy camper.  Bless her heart the older she gets the least she likes grooming, she was shaking like a leaf.  But wife said she greets everyone at the vet's office with a smile and tail wagging.

Hope everyone has a great day.

JaneS

HAL. depending on how many mashed potatoes you had left over, my grandmother and my mother both broke an egg or two in the potato pancakes.  I do too.  I'm not one to break tradition.

halkel

JaneS, you are rigfht, I forgot the egg, my Mom said you need it to hold it together.  But it has got to give it flavor too.