Random Image

The Cat Tree and Shelf

Owner: Sasha
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2017, 03:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Good morning Everyfrind!  I was wiped out last night and didn't even stop by to shut down the computer!  But my shopping is done and the gumdrops are done.  They seem to take forever with the setting and drying and cutting and more drying and sugaring but they're my favorite Christmas candy!

Gloria De, I'll be waiting for your recipe.  Natalie's book is looking good with recipes from all over the country and some from out of the country, too but so far, none from Long Island!

The snow that was predicted for here yesterday never came and now 'they" are saying we will have it today.  But it was supposed to start before 7 and there's nothing so far.

Amy, they weren't my zzzs you found. i used all of mine and still slept better last night than i have in a long time!  might have been the ibuprofen i took before i went to bed.

i better get dressed and moving or i won't get done what's set for today.  you all make today great! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  This morning I am having to work from my laptop as our furnace stopped working sometime Saturday night or early Sunday morning and my office is fairly chilly. It is 36 degrees outside this morning but will be getting into the high 50's this afternoon.   Fortunately we do have a small electric heater that is keeping our family area reasonably warm.  I have talked to the AC/Heating and they will be able to come out today and fix it.  We are also scheduled to have our annual termite inspection at 10 am this morning. s

Scott has today off and wrote me early this morning saying they would like to come out and make our dinner tonight.  I am sure we will take him up on his offer.  Nothing else is on our schedule for today.

Hal, we did have some wild animals like squirrels and rabbits and coons  and I guess some coyotes but that was about it.  Our area was rich farm land that was cultivated although there was some small forest areas that were not cultivated.  We never had a problem with any thing attaching our pets or our livestock.

deAngel, that was a strange result from Discover since you don't have a Pay Pal account.  It sounds like you got hold of someone who didn't know what they were doing.  Can you chat on the computer with them?  I have found that the chats are much quicker than the phone.

June, glad you have been released from your apartment and that the antibiotics are over.  Hope you feel better today and will be able to enjoy a meal in the dining room. 

Amy, glad you were able to get some extra rest yesterday.  We haven't started wrapping gifts but might do some of that today. I am sure your son is a good snow driver but it is the other drivers who may not be as snow here in the South is not something that happens very often.  I do hope it won't that Gloria's grandson very long to work on her computer and that she will soon be back online. 

Lloyd, in December of 2000 we had moved my folks to Iowa to be close to my sister and were leaving to come back to our home in Georgia there was a big snow storm.  We saw many vehicles on the sides of the road and in the ditches as we drove back on I-70. You will surely get some snow before next Spring. 

Jane, I bet your gumdrops are a family favorite.  I don't think anyone in my family ever tried to make gumdrops.  Glad you missed the predicted snow.       

Joy

Good morning.  Pretty sunny morning, but still very cold.  We did have some snow on Saturday.  I guess we had 4 or 5 in. and it was pretty stuck on the trees.
Wasn't that much on the roads, but I think it did get a little icy over night.  Yesterday, was pretty and a lot of the snow melted. Still a little on the grassy areas this morning. They are calling for some more tomorrow, but not supposed to be much.

I did bake some cookies yesterday.  Last year I didn't bake any because I just really can't stand that long and bending over doesn't help.  But, I was determined to try this year.  And, it all worked out really well.  I paced myself, had everything ready and just took my time. I had only planned to bake one batch to see how it all went.  I was all finished and cleaned up in about 2 hours.  The ones I make are an old recipe that my aunt used to make years ago.  I use a cookie press and the little disk that I use makes long strips of cookies and you just go back and score them to make them into little bars.  One batch will fill the cookie press 2 times with a little bit left over that makes a few more.  I wind up with about 90 bars.  They turn out almost as thin as the cut-out sugar cookies and are my families favorite.  So, since everything worked out well, I plan to make some more today.  I have the butter out to get soft.  If I stop in between and rest a while, I am hoping to get 2 batches made up today.  I need to make a container for my 3 sons, a couple for 2 friends here in my building, and hopefully,  will have enough to give my grandson for Christmas.  My back doesn't usually hurt me, but bending over bothers me. So, I did take an Aleve before I started and I think that really helped.  I got a lot of other things done last evening also. So, it was a very productive day.  Just shows me when I keep busy, I am not as tired as when I sit around doing nothing.

Plus, I feel a lot better than I did for a couple weeks.  So, that is good.

I still need to do a little bit of shopping.  I have done some on-line,. but when it comes time for clothes, I like to look at things. So, hopefully.  my son and I will get to that on Saturday.  Nothing much is going on here where I live.  Our activity director left a couple weeks ago,  so several of the residents are trying to fill in and plan a few things.  I plan on playing cards tomorrow night for a little while.  I do enjoy that.  Nothing else planned.

Larry, That sure is nice that your son has offered to fix dinner for you and Pat this evening.  I know how much you will enjoy that.  I guess your  grand daughter will join you all.  Anytime someone else can fix dinner, it is enjoyed, because you didn't have to fix it. 

I had gotten an order yesterday from Walmart and that is the first time, something was missing.  First of all, after I get the e-mail that the order is ready, I usually call to let them know someone is on the way to pick it up. My DIL was going to Walmart to get a few things, and when I tried to call to let them know that she would be there within the time period.  I tried for 10 or 15 min. to get through to them, and couldn't get through.  However, she didn't have any trouble when she picked it up. When I unpacked it,  some ground beef was missing.  And, I was so hoping to make up a meat loaf for dinner.  So much for that idea.  I tried calling several times, and couldn't get through, so I just am going to forget about it.  Didn't really amount to that much.  That is a first time that I have had trouble.  So, hope that was just an isolated incident.  My DIL said they were very busy.

I guess I better get on with my day and get started, or I will start feeling lazy.  LOL

A good morning to Jane, Amy, Lloyd and all the other friends who follow.  June, glad to read that you are feeling better. 

Have a great day and hopefully, be able to stay warm, if you are in the cold zone.

Joy
BIG BOX

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Cold out here this morning.  Okay, cold to us.  Suppose to be warm later on today, in the 60's again. 

I have a PT appointment at 1:45 this afternoon and expect to end up starting some kind of program since I am feeling pretty good.

Nothing else much going on, well except the wife has stopped up one side of the kitchen sink and we will have to get someone to unstop it, I cant budge it.  She will not let the disposal run long enough.  Oh, well, obviously fussing at her doesn't help.   

Hope everyone has a great day.

CallieOK

Merry Monday,

Relieved Gammy is happy to report that Miss Ellen is safe in NYC - even though the explosion was only 2 blocks from where she works  and she's in the general area frequently for auditions and such.

Cookie-baking day.  Any taste-testers available?   :eat:

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Carol

Hal:  Depending on what is stopping up the sink, you might try pouring boiling water in there - wish I could be there to help.  A good cleaning is with vinegar poured over baking soda- then, I pour a kettle full of boiling water.  Keeps everything going. 

Shirley:  So sorry about your headaches.  Allergies can appear at any time suddenly- it could be that - well, keep on looking for the cause. 

Larry:  the game was awful according to Laura but she and her husband were able to see the high points this family knows in Duluth.  They met with her god-father for lunch in the Twin Cities and then went to the college he attends in south of there. 

Amy:  Loon in the lake - love the loons.  Send more south!!!

Callie:  Mother always said that "Friends are like Gold". So true.

Gloria de:  Your Cape Cod set-up sounds interesting.  We have the miniatures of a Colorado mountain town plus the Nativity scene.  Probably only the two things we will set up this year as we will be with daughter (everyone) on Christmas Day.

Daughter wants us to stay over for two days and I am very leery of taking Don up there as he has be really exhausted with the new medicine.  In fact, the dose will increase and it may get worse.  Trying not to stress over taking him on the plane , wishing it was non-stop but both ways have us changing planes (to save on the fee). 

Our neighbor/friend called and said her Missouri family has vacated our house - they stayed about 4 days for funeral and family gathering. 

Jenny:  I am going to try to talk to my doctor to ask if she would keep me on as a patient- wish me luck. The entire mess is all about Cash Flow - is that more important?  You two take care. 

Callie:  Two blocks for the terrorist.  Too close - big hug to you!

CallieOK

Carol,  Ellen works from 3:00 - 10:00 p.m. and it isn't "audition season" right now.  I suspect she was sleeping soundly in her apartment waaay north of the area and probably didn't know about it until she was awakened by her Mama's text.  ;)

I was still collecting for my Department 56 Christmas Village when I found the radio station.  Was so excited that the sign read KBRR - which were the actual call letters at the time for the station in Leadville.
Hubby used to announce the local basketball games on KBRR.

The dough for my mother's recipe for Ice Box Cookies is chilling  and I'm about to mix/bake "Candy'Lasses" - molasses cookies with crushed peppermint candy added.

Back to the kitchen.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, Sun is shinning, no wind bur quite cold.

Jane, I sent you the recipe. It is so easy to make. By the way I like garlic, so I add a little.

Hal and all others thanks, I for got about Gloria saying her GS might take the computer.

Larry how nice to have your family come to cook dinner.

Carol. maybe I will see if someone will print my Cape Code scene.

June know you will be happy to do a little visiting.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Hal and Amy, thank you for your good wishes, they are much appreciated. I may be "sprung" but my body is still tired. So, I took myself downstairs to the clinic, and asked why I was still so tired and weak feeling. My dear nurse said, "you had a throat infection, and it could take another week or ten days to fully recover." O.K., then I will accept that and rest as long as necessary. I did go down to the club house and loaded up on breakfast cereals, bananas, graham crackers for snacking, and if I feel like it, I will go downstairs for supper in our small dining room. I could have supper delivered to my apt. but why add another six dollar charge, when I get it free by taking myself downstairs. When I was "jailed" they gave me free delivery of food.

Larry, thank you for you kind wishes. As I said above I plan to go down for dinner, and I did have a walk out of doors, but still quite tired, which is normal.

Joy, I did a load of laundry this morning and so happy to have it done…a lot of rest periods while folding and hanging clean things, but I felt like I had conquered something. No more baking for me…..when I moved from Hemet I left so much stuff behind. The family had their choice of "stuff", but there was still a lot left for the  house-keeping girls to take.

Time to get ready for downstairs supper.....see you later. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I finished wrapping the fruitcake to take to church next Sunday.  Then I cleaned off the dining room table and Kiran helped me set up the decorations on it.  She likes to do that because of the figurines is her daddy when he was an altar boy.  Kiran stayed for supper today and her daddy picked her up after basketball practice about 7:30. 

My big wreath is hung on the outside of my house and it's gorgeous!  My daughter was concerned about me getting on a ladder to do it.  I told her Santa sent his elf to help me.  (My nice neighbor across the street did it!)

MY plan for tonight (after I get my second wind) is to pack my box to go to Texas and one for Oklahoma where my granddaughter lives.

June, congratulations on your release from "prison".  Now please try not to get into any more troube so you don't have to be incarcerated again!

We dodged a bullet with the weather prediction two days in a row.  They wanted snow.  I didn't and I won!  But it's predicted to start around 4 a.m. and last until 7 or so.  I hope it's over and cleared by the time I have to go to the dr tomorrow.  I hate for anyone to have to drive in bad weather on my behalf. 

I wish you all a good evening and a restful sleep...just in case I don't get back.

halkel

Well my appointment went exceedingly well with my PT today.  I performed as directed and the sweet young lady was really happy. I felt so good the last couple of days and walking like a sober adult should.  The only thing I couldn't do was get out of my chair without using my hands.  The bad news, the sweet young lady will only be there for my next appointment then she moves on on her rotation, she will go to the wounded warriors at Fort Sam next. Those guys deserve her, she is an angel.

JaneS happy you are getting the weather you want.  I thought this arctic front caught you for sure.

June, hopefully you will start feeling better soon.  I'll slip a good word in for you tonight.

Well I am hitting the hay and calling it a night.  Hope all of you had a good day and a better one tomorrow.

Night, God Bless and Sweet Dreams.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Going  to make this short as snowblower has politely asked me for a waltz...better get dressed properly for the outing.. be back later.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are to have a nice sunny 55 degree day today.  Scott called me yesterday afternoon to say that the battery in his car was dead.  So I went down and picked them up so they could come out for dinner and spend the evening and then they took the PT Cruiser back to use until he gets a new battery.  The only thing on the agenda today is for Pat to get an eye exam at Costco. I am confident she will have to get new glasses.  She wants to go a little early before her appointment so she can look around.  I just hope she can get an electric cart to use.  I will do a little shopping there as well. 

The termite inspectors came pretty much on time and all was well as they found no signs of termites.  This company uses the Centracon treatment system.  A short time after they left the door bell rang again and it was the heating repair man.  All he found was that the breaker had tripped and when he reset that the furnace came back on.  He checked everything out and could find nothing wrong and said sometimes a spike on the electrical line can cause the 220 circuit to trip.  I had checked the breaker box but my experience was that a break would throw the switch over to the off position and all seemed to be fine.  So if this happens again I will know what to do.  The house quickly warmed up and all seems to be OK. 

Joy, next week winter begins so guess it is time you got some snow up your way.  When we lived in Gaithersburg, Maryland I remember a couple of snow storms we had including one that caused the subway, which I always took to work in downtown D.C., to have to stop at the station before the one where my car was located and then they had to send a bus to get us on to our station.  I was able to get my car uncovered from the snow and made it to the end of my driveway.  It was a real mess.  Glad your cookie making went well.  My wife doesn't do much baking anymore and will sometimes just make cookie bars by putting all of the mix in a baking dish and then cutting them after they are cooked.  Sure glad you are feeling better.  Our granddaughter did join us for the evening.  I bet if you could get through to them they would be sure and credit you for the ground beef if they had charged you for it.  We sometimes encounter them not having an item or two we have ordered and Pat has marked for no substitutions but they always tell us when they bring out the groceries to put into the car.  Last week it was raining and I was able to unlock the truck from inside the car and didn't even have to get out as they loaded the groceries. 

Hal, nice to see you are up to doing PT and that you feeling pretty good.  You have had quite a stint where that hasn't been the case from what you have said.  The couple of times we have stopped up our garbage disposal was when we tried to put too much in it at once.  I try to cut up things in smaller pieces that we put into the garbage disposal. 

Callie, sure glad that Miss Ellen is safe.  Fortunately that terrorist wasn't a competent bomb maker and didn't injure anyone seriously but himself.  Glad the explosion was on the platform and not in a subway car.  They certainly restored the subway and bus system quickly.  That must have been a terrible mess.  I am always ready to taste-test cookies. 

Carol, when you said the the hockey game was awful did you mean it wasn't competitive?  At least they got to see their son play and he must have been thrilled to have them in attendance.  Your mother was wise in that we can't have too many friends.  Does Don use a wheelchair at the airports?  I have had to use one several times when flying and my sister-in-law used one when she came to visit us and it makes the traveling so much easier.  How does your doctor improved the cash flow if she doesn't keep her patients?

deAngel, glad you had sunshine yesterday.  That helps even when it is cold. 

June, hope you were feeling up to going down to have your dinner last evening. It sounds like you are going to have to give yourself time for recovery. 

Jane, I expect Kiran is at the age where she can help you a bit with things like your decorations.  The hours you spend with her is something she will remember all of her life.  Glad you stayed off the ladder and your neighbor hung your wreath for you.  I asked my son to change the batteries in our smoke alarms last night and we have seven of them and downstairs the ceilings are nine feet so a ladder is needed. 

Amy, hope the new snowblower has worked up to your expectations.  Do you have a lot of snow now?

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Amy just cant keep you away from the sno blower when he takes you out.  Hope he didn't leave you breathless and worn out with all that dancing.

I am up early for an 8 AM appointment with my dentist.  seems she has some kind of magic that causes me to mess a tooth up, always, around Christmas.  The thing broke just a little the other day and then broke off some more about 3-4 days ago. 

It is kinda cold out, but I have't got far to go so a light jacket will work.

Boy Larry you have lots of smoke detectors.  I have only one. It is in the hallway.  But you are right old age and ladders don't mix very well.

Got to get a move on if I want a sip of coffee.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
I have what I think is interesting point. I have a friend that Has camels.
(for real)
he milks them and sells the milk to folks with children that have special needs.
@ a cost of $80 per gallon.  that seams like a lot of $$ but Camel's cost thousand of $$ each here in the u s a.  have a great day.

Lloyd

Carol

Yesterday, the quail returned - they are the so cute.  Little Bobble heads.

Callie: We bought an :Alexa" for $39 and I listen to a radio station at home.  It even found a station in northern Minnesota.  Very clear reception - you have to have wifi for it to work.  Next week, begins the cookie baking- or at least hot fudge sauce for family and friends.  Years ago, my neighbors and self would begin baking and so for right after Christmas. 

Larry:  the small but excellent health insurance company we used was bought out by a well-known company - the new ones promised "nothing will change".  Ya sure - you betcha.  Immediately, everything changed for their corporate greed.  I have to ask my doctor if she could accept me as a patient with my new plan - otherwise, with the greed plan, I would not be covered out of state.  Am very sure a lot of people do not read the fine print because it is so boring.

Larry:  I will ask for a lift at the airports this time.  We cannot have a seat assignment either and I am going to mention "hearing disability" for him - so true.  You know - I am not in charge of anything.

As one grandson came and told us "It is what it is and you don't throw a fit" - his mother had just laid down the law. I think he was five or six at the time.

Lloyd: Interesting news on camel milk. 

Amy

Well the dance is over and although he is good I miss the old clunker.I will just have to get used to this one, great that it has skid steer and heat handles though.

Jane, where did you go????

Lloyd, I would love to have those camels and llamas and alpacas! Guess it is good I am out of farming now..

Gloria, hope your computer is fixed soon.

Better go see what I can get into now..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I played hookey from work today because I have a return trip to the dr and also snow was predicted.  It didn't materialize.  I have to go get dressed in a minute but I did want to report in.

I was able to finish some things I've been working on and one of them is my recipe book for Natalie and clint.  I think it turned out pretty nice and my heartfelt thanks go out to all of you who took the time to contribute a recipe.  I KNOW she's going to love it.

I also finished Kiran's birthday present.  She will be 11 on Dec. 18th.  Larry, you are so right.  She has become a big help to me.  I just ask her and she does things with or for me. 

I didn't get the box ready for Texas or Oklahoma.  That's next.  After I get home....I hope.

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

June Drabek

Janie, thank you Love, I am feeling a little better with each passing day. This morning I spent placing an Amazon order and happy to have done with it. Surprising how doing very little can still be very tiring with lots of typos and erasures.  You do SO much for others Janie, it tires me just reading about it.

Larry, I did go down for an early supper, sat with a dear gentleman whose wife recently died. He is going to move to another area here where he will get more individual care.Mind is failing more and more. He was talkative though and able to remember where he came from. Sad to see these declines happening, but it is part of aging and it will happen.

Hal, I have been living with a broken tooth for months now , and I will continue babying it . I just am too tired to go to a dentist anymore. It would take pain to get me out and about for repairs.

Lloyd, in the good old days when we had a cabin in the San Jacinto Mts. we were out walking one morning, and watched a male quail cross a dirt road while his wife stayed on the other side, they watched their 32 babies till they were all safely on Poppas side of the road . Nature at it's best. Humans could learn so much from the animal kingdom.

June Drabek

Janie, thank you Love, I am feeling a little better with each passing day. This morning I spent placing an Amazon order and happy to have done with it. Surprising how doing very little can still be very tiring with lots of typos and erasures.  You do SO much for others Janie, it tires me just reading about it.

Larry, I did go down for an early supper, sat with a dear gentleman whose wife recently died. He is going to move to another area here where he will get more individual care.Mind is failing more and more. He was talkative though and able to remember where he came from. Sad to see these declines happening, but it is part of aging and it will happen.

Hal, I have been living with a broken tooth for months now , and I will continue babying it . I just am too tired to go to a dentist anymore. It would take pain to get me out and about for repairs.

Lloyd, in the good old days when we had a cabin in the San Jacinto Mts. we were out walking one morning, and watched a male quail cross a dirt road while his wife stayed on the other side, they watched their 32 babies till they were all safely on Poppas side of the road . Nature at it's best. Humans could learn so much from the animal kingdom.

Mary Ann

June, the reason you get so tired placing an Amazon order is they have so many choices!  I need a large envelope-type container and asked Tom to get a couple at our local Meijer supermarket.  He brought the wrong one but it is legal size.  He was going to place an order with Amazon so I looked in there for what I wanted.  They'd have one kind with 12 pages of folders.  Another type was 15 pages.  I finally found what I wanted and there were 10 in a package (I did not want 10, only needed 2) at a cost of $45.  I told Tom I'd use what he bought because I could use it; it just wasn't what I had wanted, but I would accept it.

I hope your health improves.  I keep on keeping on and I guess that's all we can do at our age.  Tom and I try to eat out once a week and Dot picks me up to go to church and we go to the burger place afterward.  We went to the church Christmas program Sunday and yesterday Dot and I went to the funeral of her former neighbor.  I really don't get out often but I'm glad I can do what little I can do.

Take care of yourself and take advantage of your clinic when you need to.

Mary Ann

halkel

June, I sat in the dentist chair for 1 1/2 hours this morning, the old tooth just kept breaking off.  She finally got down to the stable part and now I will end up with another capped tooth.  She put a temporary cap on this morning and took 3 or 4 impressions and I go back the 27th of December for the permanent cap.  One thing she did tell me, older folks seldom have pain with a broken tooth because the nerves in our teeth shrink.  Like I told her I am just glad I have dental insurance, she said it saves me alot more money that I realize because of the special pricing in the contract that she signs with them.

Anyhow, the sun shinning brightly but still cool out.  Winter is getting its grip (Texas style).

June Drabek

Mary Ann, I finally posted my Amazon order, but I spent nearly two hours finding what I wanted. Of course I wasted time deleting an item too, that I foolishly thought I wanted and  didn't. It is still a great place to shop though so I should not complain.

Hal, If I spent that much time in a dental chair now I think they would have to transport me home via stretcher. This body can't take the tension any more. My nurse did tell me it may take another ten days for my recovery to be complete from this last throat infection. But I'm alive, I am full of love for all my friends, so I will enjoy each day as it comes.

Good night my dear ones. Sleep well, sweet dreams, and we will meet in the morning. God is watching over us, thanks be to God.

halkel

The security certificate expired for this site.  I had to jump through several hoops to get in.  I am sure others are having the same problem.

Off to bed.
Good Night, God Bless and sweet dreams

Denver

I managed to get in, but not sure what the warning means regarding the security certificate expiring. 

I just wanted to see how EVERYFRIEND is getting on.  Still no Joan...

Sleep well.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble

I think we all will be getting this message.  Click on 'advance' and continue to connect.

I have sent a mail to our webmaster Michael - oldieman and I hope he will soon be able to fix the problem.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I too had problems getting in, saying it was an unsecure site.

The shovel and the snowblower were put to work yesterday as last night I went out and shoveled the driveway. Neighbour was out with his snow blower and did the mouth of the driveway where the snow plow loves to fill back in on you.

Not sure what is happening today . Will just take it as it comes

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

I suspect we may not see everyone come in today with the security alert being put out.  Bubble I too notified the webmaster of the notice.

Only thing I have on tap is going down and trying to renew my drivers license.  Hopefully I will pass the eye exam or they will accept the paper my eye doc gave me.

Hope everyone has a great day.

June Drabek

Me too kids. It started yesterday.....a scary feeling it is not to touch base with my friends. My email is June901997@gmail.com please call me it we get completely stuck. June

so_P_bubble

from Oldieman:

One of the services is still seeing the old SSL certificates for some reason. I've filed a support ticket with the appropriate people as the solution that fixed this issue last time isn't working this time. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.