Random Image

usflag.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:42:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2017, 03:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Bubble, I click on my Seniors and friends, and a strange page comes, but there is a purple section on the left side of the page and I find the word forum. I click on that and it takes me to a place that says continue, and I click on that and it takes me to our standard place.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Amy

I think the site is up and running right now.....thank you all that helped in making this right!!!

Well, the day was interesting, not what I had expected but ok. Off to the city to pick up hubby's new coat and as we were walking out I tried the zipper on it and it was faulty. We now have another on order and I sure hope this one works.

Cold here  -5 ° F , we have a good fire going  and the dogs sure don't stay out too long .

Enjoy your evening.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lindancer

Good evening, very,very cold with 50mi. wind gust. To night snow and part of the next morning.  My nephew had promised to take my neighbors to Kennedy Air port at 5AM t morrow.  I am sure it is going to take him more then two hours.

I have not been able to post forthe last two days.  I got a message saying I had the wrong date and time, and could not get into s & f

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

WHEW!!! There you all are!  I thought you ere lost in space!  When I got that nasty message I just decided to take a nap and see if you came back when I woke up.  YOU DID!  Well I did a few other things besides napping.

I didn't go to work today because I knew I couldn't handle it.  I'm going to try on Friday but I'm going to DEMAND a short lane. 

I told my daughter we have a bunch of tough old people on this site.  She said I'm probably right up there with all of you.  I take that as a compliment.  We learned how to meet life head on didn't we! 

keep on keeping on!  You are all the best friends ever!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

I am back from a fast trip to MO, seems all I did was eat... and I love to do that.  I called ahead & had my sister & husband meet me at the McDonald's right by the highway & we had shakes.  SO good... & visited for about an hour.  Then on to my home town where I first went to the cemetery to place Christmas decorations in Mom & Dad's vase.  Then off to the Walmart parking lot where a niece was waiting for me, I promised to take her to lunch/supper when I got there & she just happened to be in the parking lot when I called.  A Panera bread is in the joining parking lot so got to leave the cats in peace for a while.  By the time I finished my potato soup I was too full to eat the half sandwich (that yummy steak with lots of goodies stacked on the bread)... so asked for a "take out" box. 

By the time I got back to the RV I was too tired to check out the State Fairgrounds Campground.  I tried it one other time & after hooking up to electricity I chickened out & unplugged & went to the Walmart parking lot just a few blocks away.  I always feel safe in their parking lots because usually other campers around plus employees all night long.  Anyway, I fell asleep by 6:30 & had told myself I needed to get up at 5:00 am to hit the local donut shop for a box of all kinds to share with my brother & wife on the way home.  Apple fritters, blueberry filled, pudding & lemon filled, & about 6-8 other kinds (2 boxes full) plus a dozen donut holes for my breakfast.

I had slept in the RV in my driveway the night before so wasn't worried about being cold... did miss not having TV.  But I told myself I had to be up at 5:00 am & Fitbit said I woke up at 4:57... not bad for a body alarm, huh?  When I got back from the donut shop I fed cats & decided when I opened that frig door the Panera sandwich sounded better than the hard boiled eggs I took, & it was delicious. Had a thermos of coffee & gas stove to warm it up a little more (I do like HOT coffee)...  half a dozen donut holes & I was good.  Filled the RV for the trip home & was on my way by 9:00 am.  I had mixed a big Ziploc tub of meatspread & box of Ritz crackers for us to have with our pastries.... & we had a nice visit. My SIL had her knee replaced 10 days ago & is getting round great, full movement. They go to FL right after the first of Jan & won't be back until April... he is 92 & in great shape but want to visit every chance we get. Was a good trip but the wind picked up before I left this morning & I kid you not... if you ever drove a Ford vehicle you know that FORD in in the middle of the steering wheel & mine was standing on the "D" most of the way home... steering into the wind.  :tickedoff: 

I am dead on my feet tonight... cats didn't even want their supper & have been in & out several times already.  Miss Callie (their mama) was waiting for us as I pulled into the driveway.  Can't take her because she marked her spot the only time she got in.  I guess I'm done running for a couple months.  It was 40 degrees inside the RV this morning but we weren't cold until we got up, snug, but you've got to love camping to be happy as cold as last night & night before~   I knew I could turn on the generator if I wanted to use the furnace & did start the engine this morning & turned that heater up full blast to get dressed.  Nice to have a full bath & bedroom & not have to put the slide out if I don't want to bother.  Not everybody's cup of tea but I love it.  (Joan would be shaking her head & groaning.... right, Joan?)  I forgot to look but think it was just over 500 miles round trip. 

Joy, I pulled up a WordPad & had your wise words..."Just shows me when I keep busy, I am not as tired as when I sit around doing nothing".... because I am the same way, when I slow down I fall apart.  BUT, my eyes are so heavy & I quit taking notes so am going to call it a night & see if cats want to come in for a real early midnight snack... cause I'm going to get jammies on & sleep.

I missed the Soda Shoppe being down but had my cell to let the kids know I was okay.  They worry about me like I was a teenager.  There is justice!!!!

Glad to be back & catch up with y'all....  Hugs all around!   

Oops, Janie, you snuck in (is that a word)... So sorry about the hand, did I miss something else?   Think you are right about us being a bunch of tough old birds... or people....Hope you are better before Santa comes.   Shirley

June Drabek

My goodness, it is very quiet in here. I have spent a lot of the afternoon downstairs. We had a group of Hawaiian singers and dancers entertaining us, and of course some of we show offs happily stood in line and followed the movements that one of the ladies taught us. some of us used our carts in front of us but it worked out fine.

I had a big lunch downstairs today, so I'll have a light supper at home. Still sneezing my head off, and went down to the clinic and had some itchy pimples on my back and side checked out. Nurse said it was probably a reaction to the anti-biotic I had taken.They thanked me for coming in.

My Gary did another outstanding teaching of a section of the book of Matthew. He enjoys what he does and puts his whole self into the words.

That's about what my day consisted of. I still need to answer some emails, but I don't feel too inspired at this late part of the day. I hope more of our people will report back in. I miss you all.

Keep well dear hearts. I love you all, June

halkel

It's been a good day, slept till 8 and decided today was as good a day as any to head to the drivers license office and found the place almost empty and got a very nice lady who waited on me.  And she renewed my license for six years.  So I'm not grounded.  I was in and out in less than an hour.

Bed time for me.

night all, God Bless and Sweer Dreams

CallieOK

Good Evening,

So glad we're all back together!

Everything is good in Central Oklahoma - and busy! 

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere pleasant dreams.

JaneS

Just stopping by to say Good night Everyfriend!  I'm off to Dreamland!

NOTE: used my little finger on the a kkey and the shift key for the first time in months!

Lloyd Hammond

well I went to bed with out saying good night, that is past so good Morning and have a great day just as you want. read the following slowly.

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:18 PM, Jess Shoemaker <lajms1@yahoo.com> wrote:

n

and let them laugh in AGREEMENT!!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of

-----Original Message-----
Subject: AND THEN IT IS WINTER......

AND THEN IT IS WINTER...

THIS IS RIGHT ON THE NOSE. .......READ IT SLOWLY... I DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE IT, BUT I AM GUESSING IT WAS A SENIOR!!!
I FIRST STARTED READING THIS EMAIL & WAS READING FAST UNTIL I REACHED THE THIRD SENTENCE. I STOPPED AND STARTED OVER READING SLOWER AND THINKING ABOUT EVERY WORD.

AND THEN IT IS WINTER

You know. . . Time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life.. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams. But, here it is... The winter of my life and it catches me by surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?

I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like. But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting grey - or gone...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me...but, I see the great change....Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore... it's mandatory! 'Cause if I don't on my own free will...I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!

But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...this I know - that when it's over on this earth...it's NOT over A new adventure will begin!

Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done...things - I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime.

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!

Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not! You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one.

LIVE IT WELL! ENJOY TODAY! DO SOMETHING FUN! BE HAPPY! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

REMEMBER:..... "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.

"LIVE HAPPY IN THIS YEAR AND EVERY YEAR! LASTLY, CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING: TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE SO - ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

~Your kids are becoming you.......
~Going out is good... Coming home is better!
~You forget names.... But it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you!!!
~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything.
~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.
~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. It's called "pre-sleep".
~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
~You tend to use more 4 letter words ... "what?"..."when?"... "what?" ???
~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.
~You notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!!!
~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.
~Everybody whispers.
~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet.... 2 of which you will never wear.
~But Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!

Stay well, "OLD FRIEND!"

Send this on to other "Old Friends!" and let them laugh in AGREEMENT!!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.

Amy

Good morning everyone...

As Joan would say it is geemogotchees on today!!!  Temp is - 22 F....  tad chilly out there!!!

I slept in and need to boogie..will be back later.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

good morning Everyfriend!  We had snow overnight!  I'm not sure how much there is out there but the sidewalks are covered but you cn see grass through what's covering it.  I don't think I'll need my shovel which is a good thing because I don't think I could handle it right now.  The a key on the typewriter is a challenge for me.

I hope you all have a lovely day!   I'm hoping to make a stop at the post office on my way to pick up Kiran today so I can mail my packages to Texas.  I'm hoping the snow is finished for now. 

well, mynice neighbor across the street just finished blowing all the snow off my driveway and I see the plow has been down my road.  So I guess I'm in business! 

Lloyd, thanks for the reminder!  I've read that before but it bears repeating!

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

a new day and a day for bible study and a breakfast snack with good friends.  Wished you all could join us.

Janie, it is good news that you are able to use your pinkie.  I hope thing keep improving. 

Lloyd enjoyed the "winter" story.  In some ways I guess living to a ripe old age is a blessing, even though we moan about aches and pains and ailments some of our friends are no longer with us.  I think back and a few died at a very young age. 

Amy, seems like you folks in Canada used to say: "it is fresh out today" on those cold old days.  Although we used to wrap up nice and warm when we went out.  I can remember starting out in the mornings and the old tires popping loudly when they broke free from the ice and thinking boy is that old exhaust smoking this morning. Problem with us folks down here, we just throw on a light jacket to go out and then moan cause we are cold. :uglystupid2:  I don't even remember or know where my gloves are, more than likely in one of my heavy coats, whereever it is.... :2funny:

Got to get myself cleaned up.  Everyone have a good day.

Mary Ann

Larry's post hasn't shown up here yet, but in another folder he wrote that Jeanne Lee is back in the hospital with breathing problems. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is going to be another nice day here in South Carolina with clear skies and getting up into the low 60's this afternoon.  I won't be picking up my friend at the assisted living facility to take to coffee this morning as he has a dental appointment.  However, I will go downtown for coffee and then to the Church for the Wisdom Class.  Then later this afternoon plan on going over to Joann's to pick up something Pat ordered this morning that we can pick up in the store.  Unfortunately it is across the street from the Augusta Mall so traffic may be a problem.  That will be it for today.  Pat wasn't feeling up to going to the Church dinner last night so I brought her home one of the meals.  Scott and Jennifer came out after the meal and they played Farkle again. 

Yesterday I learned in the Christian Photographer Discussion that Janet Damon's daughter Beth had passed away.  I also learned that Jeanne Lee was back in the hospital with more breathing problems.

Hal, I don't envy you having to go to the dentist this time of the year.  I was glad to see that the dentist could repair the tooth.  Is the cap the same as a crown?  When we first moved into this house I didn't realize we had so many smoke detectors but there is basically one in each room, excluding the bathrooms, garage and attic.  Since this is an all electric home there are no open flames but one can't be too careful. Glad you got your driver's license renewed.  I probably need to get my driver's license changed as it shows I need corrective lenses.  That is no longer the case after the cataracts were removed.   

Lloyd, I have never heard of someone owning camels here in the USA and milking them.  That is expensive milk and I feel for the families that have to buy it.  Good piece on aging.  Thanks for sharing it. 

Carol, you are so right about all the fine print in any type of insurance policy.  The big companies are buying up the smaller companies.  Just a few days ago they announced that CVS Caremark was purchasing the Aetna Health Insurance Company for billions of dollars.  Glad to hear you are going to ask for help at the airport as that should make your trip much easier. 

Amy, did the heated handles on the snow blower keep your hands warm?  Does it not work as well as your older one? 

Jane, nice to read you were able to use your little finger on the keyboard.  Had to believe that Kiran is now going to be 11.  My last great grandson is now 6 years old and his father sent a school picture of him all dressed up.  I think he is a pretty handsome fellow.  Unfortunately I have never seen him in person and his grandfather saw him for the first time when they were in New York a few weeks ago.  He has talked with us on our weekly call the last two weeks.  He is very excited about Christmas. 

June, it is sad to see a person deal with memory problems.  We have a man who is a part of our Sunday School class who has dementia and is now in a care facility.  I find my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be but can usually recall things although it may take a little while to do it. 

Mary Ann, you are right about the many choices that Amazon has.  We are probably going to go together with Scott and Jennifer to buy Christmas presents for  Jennifer's Children (our great grandchildren) using Amazon. 

Jenny, I sure wish we would hear something from Joan.  I know you will keep us advised when you hear something. 

Bubble, I didn't know how to get past the security certificate message.  Thanks for contacting Michael as all seems well this morning.  I have copied your information and saved it in my Chrome Keep file for further reference. 

deAngel, sure don't envy the trip to Kennedy Airport that your nephew will make today.  I hope the snow doesn't interfere with the driving.

Shirley, glad to see you had a good trip to Missouri and found good things to eat as you visited with family.  Traveling in a motor home wouldn't be my cup of tea.  Isn't it nice that your kids worry about you.  That is much better than the opposite. 

Carol

:thumbup: Kudos to everyone who worked on getting S & F back - missed everyone.  It was awful not to be able to chat and read your notes.

The stars were magnificent last night.  All the shooting stars started early, thankful for that as we didn't want to get up at 2 AM. 

Larry:  You mentioned Janet's daughter passing - it has been years of concern for her.   

Lloyd Hammond

I need to get some help or instructions I have a document on my desk top.
I wanted to copy and paste it in S & F it dose not seam to work?

Shirley

Sorry to hear Janet Damon's daughter died, I met Janet years ago when she took art classes from a neighbor.  When her daughter was in the hospital in Wichita she called & we visited a local art store that was closing out.  I lost my link to the Christian Photographers in one of the computer crashes & can't find it with Google, I hate to bother Pat with this busy season, but if anyone has a link to that other site, I'd like to leave a note of sympathy for Janet.  Please?  Always extra sad to give up someone during this season, that heavy heart dulls the joy of the holiday for all the coming years. 

Sorry that Jeanne Lee is back in the hospital... thanks for being the messenger, Larry, and to you, Mary Ann. 

I've been up since 5:00 am & still in my robe.  Cats had breakfast & been out & back in.  Callie didn't want to get out of her warm bed so I put her bowl of salmon on a strip of carpet my husband put in the garage to catch dust before coming into the house.  I propped the outside back door open so she can go out when she pleases.  They like to lay in the sun, no matter how cold it is. 

Carol, I didn't get to see the shooting stars because of clouds last night.  I looked.   :tissue:  I was concerned about not studying the insurance papers on the house because one time Cas caught them changing from full replacement to whatever the term in for discounting for age of an item.  They changed it back for him.  Sure miss him doing the thinking 'cause I am not getting everything taken care of like when we worked at this together!

Lloyd, I would imagine keeping camels in this climate would be difficult, don't know if they can take the cold.  My sister had to drink goat milk when we were kids.... she was always tiny & delicate (do I even need to say that we were nothing alike?)  :crazy2:

Bubble, I was talking with my son about the move of the embassy and said I have no idea how the people feel about it.... is it a good move or not in your opinion?  I copy some of your photos to show them how different your world is from what we see on news.  I was telling my brother & SIL yesterday that "having coffee & visiting with y'all is like the neighborhood wives when our kids were little".  We don't get together anymore, except for summer evenings when everyone is out. 

Oops, you slipped in, Lloyd.  No help from me, these computers have a mind of their own.

Got to get busy... sun is shining & having amazing weather for mid December in KS! 

Joy

Good morning.  Only here for a few minutes.  I have been in this "cookie making mood" now for a couple days and it is all going well.  I can hardly believe that everything is moving along so good. I had to laugh at myself, as I feel like one of the TV cooks having everything laid out ahead of time.  Really makes the whole operation move along so smoothly. A little time for preparing everything, but makes the job so much easier. 

Larry, so glad  that you have been able to be in touch with your great-grandchildren.  That  should make Christmas special for you and Pat this year.  Glad that you will enjoy having dinner with your son and grand daughter.

Jane,  I  especially wanted to tell you that I made some of the "fake" Girl Scout thin mint cookies out of the Ritz crackers and I used the Almond Bark chocolate coating to dip the crackers in.  Thanks for suggesting that. It worked perfect and really set up well.  I  did put them in the  fridge for a short time and then packed them in a container and so far they have kept well.  I plan on making some of the Oreo crackers ground up with cream cheese and formed into balls and will dip them in the same chocolate.  I like that so much better than those little disks for candy.  And, I was so surprised at how quickly it melted.  Worked out good.   Thanks again.

Shirley,  glad that your  short trip went well and you got to meet up with some friends and family.  You amaze me with all the things that you do.  I know you and I are the same age, and you seem to be able to run circles around me.   Keep going as long as you can!!!   I am amazing myself lately, as I don't seem to feel as tired as I was.  I  think the fact that I have been keeping busy does help.

I have another batch of cookies ready to get into the oven and then, not sure what I will get into later.

Larry,  I finally got around to sending another order to Amazon.  I  have 5 little great-grandchildren that I will get to see at Christmas and just didn't know what to get them to go with the gift cards I give them..  Since they are still little,  I like to have a little something for them to unwrap.  Yesterday morning, I woke up early still trying to decide what to do. Finally, I got up about 4 a.m. and came out and got on the computer and after looking at toys, everything I liked were just too expensive.  It wasn't so bad when it was still only 2 little ones, but this year there are 3 more I have get something for. So, I finally decided on some activity books for them all.  So, they are expected to arrive on Saturday.  Now, only have 1 grandson ( the dad) that I have to get something for.  My youngest son is taking me to Walmart on Sat. to, hopefully, get everything else I need.  Hopefully, it will be a short trip.  Depending on what time we go, we will probably go out for lunch or dinner.

The other night, we had a nice visit from a large group from a local troop of Boy Scouts.  They came to sing Christmas carols and there were about 20 boys and almost the same amount of parents.  They were great and it turned out to be a really nice evening.  Plus, they brought lots and lots of goodies.  Some homemade and some bought, but everything was delicious.  Cupcakes, fruit cake, several other cakes, all kind of cookies and candy, plus several gallons of tea and lemonade.  They brought all the  plates, napkins, cups and cutlery and what was left over,  they left everything.  The table was filled . And, the all helped to serve  us all and cleaned everything up. It was such a great feeling to see such great participation from boys that age.  Years ago, my husband and I, both were very active in the BS. My husband was a scout master during the time that all 3 of our boys were in scouts and I was a den mother at the same time.  I was so impressed, as you really don't hear that much about scouting anymore.  Our local town has 3 different troops.  It was a fun evening.  I hope someone from the office will send them a thank you note for coming to entertain us. 

Hope everyone will have a great day.  I have all my chores done for today,,, so I can now get on with my baking.

Joy

BIG BOX

Amy

Shirley, I sent an email  and will post this here also..hope it is what you're looking for.

http://www.christianphotographers.com/community/index.php
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Joy, I have a suggestion for you to tuck away for next year.  There's a wonderful book that's been a favorite in our family for two (going on 3) generations.  It's called MR WILLOUGHBY'S CHRISTMAS TREE. We first got it through a school book sale when my oldest daughter was in kindergarten and we've given away countless copies of it since.  It's currently available on Amazon.  I always keep one tucked away "just in case.  And my (almost) Great Grandchild is getting a copy this Christmas. 

Back to work. 

Joy

Thanks, Jane,  I will look it up.  I just ordered a couple of the "I Spy" books, as my boys used to love them.   And, there were a lot more to choose from then when they were little.   But, I might still be interested in the one you mentioned also. 

Joy

Thanks, again, Jane.  I just went and ordered it as it will be nice for the whole family to read on Christmas eve.  Sounds wonderful,  and so many excellent reviews. I am anxious to read it myself.  Never heard of it before.   I always look up the buyer's reviews before I order anything from Amazon.  Really helps make my decision most times.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

I'm sure they'll love it, JOY. Even at 12, my son was still listening when we read it at home.  And he reads it with Kiran, now

Amy

Been a busy day here, managed to get the dogs run out back and by the mail box snow blowed but then the chute broke :( :tickedoff: I phoned where we purchased this and he said we had to take it up to him. Thankfully the neighbour could put it on the back of his truck, take it and bring it back. As were were looking over the repairs to find out a cotter pin had let loose we discovered the pin they put back in was not all the way in. So we fixed that!

Got wood into the garage and a load here for the wood box. Made 16 batches of mustard...yes Jane 16!!! This will be part of the Christmas gits.

Made some pastry and if...just if... there is any energy left I will make butter tarts..if not...always tomorrow..

Jimmy Dean

Carol

Cards are in the mail today.  Don makes them every year and they are personalized - he gets nice feedback from the effort and he likes the task anyway.  We can't do much here - the plane of no frills awaits us Saturday morning and I am sure there is no food on the connection either.  So, must only take one little bag (no purse) to tuck under the front seat.  We can do this because we planned this before coming to Arizona - now going home this year because it was too awful missing everyone.  There is a bit of snow at home. 

It is sunny in Tucson. We had a wonderful view of the stars last night and watched the shooting stars.  Every December this rolls around here and all the news stations reminds everyone to go out and catch a view. 

Amy:  Fixer of all!  Good for you.  I come from a family like that and people were astounded when they would see mother changing oil on the car.  She checked tires, etc.  Born on a farm and raised in the little town - parents from overseas - they did everything.  Good for you!  Do you grow your own mustard plants? 

Joy:  Love the Boy and Girl Scouts.  One g-son achieved Eagle status.  Our own daughter and sons were all in the scouts & I shared leadership with both groups.  It was not easy to control everyone at times. 

Joy

Carol,  just wanted to share a little story with you about my niece.  They had 3 boys and none of them could get their driver's license until  they became Eagle scouts.  And, all 3 did.  They are all 3 great young men now. One works for the FBI, and another one is a Youth Minister and the other one works for a bank.  I am sure Eagle Scout on their resume's didn't  hurt.

I was talking to one of the mother's the other night when they were all here and told her that story.  Her son was standing behind her and when I told her the story her eyes really lit up. She turned around to her son and told him that she thought that was a wonderful idea.

Joy
BIG BOX

June Drabek

I don't know where the morning went  but I was surprised that I hadn't come in yet, and here it is 5:30 p.m., Thursday. As I recall I was slow in coming awake……and so the whole day has disappeared again.I did take some donations down to our Bargains and Blessings Rummage room, and picked up a few items while there. The lady that takes care of that place said she would try to get me a starter from her purple african violet. She is a sweetie.

I did have a big lunch downstairs and brought part of it home which I will soon have for supper.Got a bunch of stuff I had ordered on Amazon..two more items to arrive soon.

I am so sad to hear our Jeanne Lee is back in the hospital. She has been in my prayers ever since her first trip there. And nothing from our Bis/Joan.

Amy, you gave me a good giggle mentioning Joan's  "geemototchees". It sure brought happy memories of our "old" days.

Janie, I am so happy that you can use that K key, now we can pray for the A key. You certainly do have nice neighbors Jane, but then I just know you are as nice to them as they are to you.

Larry, I don't think there are many of us posting here that don't have a bit of memory problems. I had read a long time ago our memory starts fading at a much earlier age than we are aware of. I wish I had remembered where I read it. I know that I am losing a great deal of what I "knew" before, but I refuse to let it annoy me. Life is too short to be bothered about what I have forgotten.  What I have in my life that is vital to know i have transferred into the more capable hands of my sons.

Time for me to go arrange my light supper and get ready for a quiet evening at home.
I love you my dear friends. I pray you have a restful evening and a happy tomorrow. God be with you, always. Hugs and Love. June

June Drabek

I just found this on Google.

As all those of middle age who have ever fumbled for a name to fit a face will believe, the brain begins to lose sharpness of memory and powers of reasoning and understanding not from 60 as previously thought, but from as early as 45, scientists say.

Their evidence comes from a large study of more than 7,000 civil servants aged between 45 and 70. The 5,000 men and 2,000 women agreed to undergo verbal and written tests on three occasions over a 10-year period for what is called the Whitehall II study.

JaneS

For all those who worry about forgetting yhings....

A good friend told me that it's OK to be forgetful if you remember that you forgot.  The time to worry is when you forget something and you don't remember that you forgot.  That makes sense to me.  I forget lots of things but sooner or later, I remember that I forgot them.

And now, before I forget, I bid you alll good might!  Sleep peacefully and wake refreshed. 

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS it sounds good to me so good Night and sweet dreams before I forget again tonight as I did a couple of Night's.

Lloyd