Random Image

"Fe Fe" 11 months old!

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2017, 03:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Larry we got about 1 1/2" currently is 23º and cloudy. makes my bones ache just thinking about it. I have had several naps,did not sleep well last night. sun flickers out for a sec, or two. I have built up enough courage to go feed the cattle. see you all Later.

Lloyd

CallieOK

Happy Christmas Eve!

Son & Crew arrived in two cars about 4:30 yesterday afternoon.  First car brought presents.  The second one stopped to pick up dinner at Olive Garden.  Other son/dil came in not long afterwards, also bringing food and packages.
We put a pan of lasagna, a pan of chicken Alfredo and a lot of breadsticks in the oven to stay warm while we opened gifts.  Then had those and a big tossed salad with OG dressing - plus cupcakes instead of a birthday cake for me.
After all that, we played a rowdy game of Mexican Train.
They had all left by 10:30 and "almost" everything had been put away.....some of which I have yet to find!!   ;D

This morning's church service was "Scripture and Carols" -  all traditional - some congregational singing and some special numbers by the choir.
One of the OTL bunch and I were going to our favorite diner but it had closed at noon.  So we went to Braum's and had a hamburger.

I stopped at Walgreen's on my home and am now stocked and ready to settle in for "a long winter's nap"....and leftovers.   :thumbup:

I've loved every minute of the past few days but, at this point, I'm looking forward to a low-key Christmas day.

Edit:  Larry,  I just read in another folder about your Seinheiser headphones for listening to the t.v.  All My Children refused to get any for me because of "security".  They have tried to give me two different gadgets that go under the t.v. (which I have politely refused!) -  but insist I wouldn't be able to hear the phone or someone at the door while wearing headphones - even though I would be about 8 feet from either one!!!! 
What can I say that will reassure them?   

June Drabek

Mycheal, Thank you for your Christmas Greetings. Wouldn't it be a Joy to have us all feel so close and happy every day of every year. God has Blessed us with so much Love, we need to share it with all others.

Janie, another of God's Christmas Presents. I pray it continues.

Mary Ann, I'm so sorry Dot is still un-well. May her Christmas be Blessed with renewed health.

Larry, if I understood correctly, this huge main candle that was lit, it is 50 years old. It is so huge He had difficulty lighting it. The wick appeared to be only about four inches down in the candle. I would like to learn more about it's history. I will enquire, you can be sure.

Hal..the positive assurance by the doggie awaiting Santa brought tears to my eyes.

Bubble, such a cheerful banner you gave us….thank you, and have a Blessed Christmas.

We had a very lovely Sermon at Chapel today. I am Grateful. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good afternoon and a Happy Christmas Eve. the sun was shinning brightly when I got up, and within and hour was gone.  The Tv weather is saying snow,  for Christmas day, but the radio said rain and sleet. Nor'easter with 50 mile and hour wind gust.
Shirley, one time the 7th squad came to the door, and I answer it and Tiny stood between me and any stranger. they said they had a couple of kids down at the police station , who said they had gone into our cellar and stole things from the freezer, He then  said is that dog always in the house and of course I said yes. He said: No way did they come in here.   By the way I hope you are feeling better.

Amy, I had put Tiny's picture in here a few months ago, if you set on the couch, she would back up and set with you, with her two front legs on the floor.

Jane, I am so happy to read about Jim's improvement.  In Sept. I was admitted to the hospital from the ER, with low oxygen, blood count at 5.  they did all kinds of test and said I was bleeding somewhere but never found the cause. I had signed for a blood transfusion but the count went up to 8 and the gave me that Procrit and it came up a little,but under 10 so now until Jan 5 I go to the hematologist every friday for that shot, which has gone up to $900.  Med. pays 80% I was in the hospital 6 days.

June, I still repeat you use words beautifully. Hope you are feeling chipper for Christmas and always.

mycheal, thanks for those lovely thoughts.

Larry I remember when we use to use real candles. Enjoy your family to morrow, and you and Pat keep well.

Bubble, that you for that Greeting.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

Callie, I forgot to mention to you, I have a set of TV ears at my three TV set and I love them, they work well for me, they are small.  I tried the others but ended up giving them away. I am totally deaf in my right ear.
Joan has a saying, something like what ever rocks your boat :)

Lloyd Hammond

well I got the cows fed and the wend is about 8 -10 miles out of the west baby it is cold out there. temp reads 25º .sun is breaking out steady. see you all later.

Llooyd

Carol

Every day is flying by so fast.  We will have everyone here on Friday night and Saturday late afternoon we catch two flights back to Tucson (cheaper, but exhausting).  Tonight, our youngest son is arriving with his wife and entire meal for all of us.  Tomorrow, another son is visiting for the day and Thursday night - daughter and granddaughter stay overnight - Friday night, oldest son & wife & grandson & doggies stay over.  The guest bed is really being used this week. 

There is snow on the ground - Jenny is probably pacing the floor since the beloved Broncos had a terrible day.  We watched the Vikings (Minnesota) cream Wisconsin Packers.  Notice how Green Bay always fills their stadium even in the coldest weather. 

Jane:  Nice to hear better news on your Jim.  Blessings at Christmastime. 

Jenny:  I talked to my doc and she is keeping me on as a patient.  It made the entire trip worthwhile to hear that news.  She is all about keeping patients happy.  She also gave me the name of a doctor in Tucson where I go - in case we are not home.  It is like a load lifted.

We have had so many issues with electronics - can't explain it but charging cords that worked had suddenly stopped, not all of them.  We had to buy a new cord for Don's android book and it is doing OK now. 

Chatted with one brother today - and with neighbors and friends every day.   We are just about talked out.  Not looking forward to the trip back as we have to change planes in Salt Lake and if everything is on time, will arrive in Tucson around midnight.   

Have a peaceful week all.

Hello Lloyd!  Be sure to put a hat on in that wind.   Merry Christmas!

Lindancer

Carol, sounds like you are going to need a vacation, when you get back to Tucson.  Enjoy all your family. sounds like you will have a great Christmas

junee

CALLIE
As you are aware I do not post but I do read every day and cannot but help to come in here about Seinheisser for the TV.  They give me perfect hearing for the TV.  My family have given me a tv in my bedroom but now I am waiting for the Seinheissers to arrive. I have hearing aids but that is no perfect hearing.  Think hey cost about $300. There is a small modem connected tote and sits on the top and the earphones go there each night to charge.  They can be a set that goes over your head OR a set that goes under your chin.
My Hearing people visited recently and thoroughly approved when she saw I had this set attached to tv.  Over the past 15 years I have had 3 sets and each set has become my best friend.!!!
Hope your family are all well, YOU especially and Good Wishes for 2018.  It is many years since I visited Oklahoma and enjoyed that night  with GinnieB etc.  great memories. June

Shirley

Can't believe I did it.... typed a long note & forgot to post it.  Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas & hope all the wonderful holidays we've had over the years come to mind and bring you happiness as we spend 2017 getting riper.  We are vintage & proud of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9QcZJUDRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD38IMT1EdY

CallieOK

:christmastree:  Merry Christmas Everyfriend  :christmastree:

Gloria de and Junee,  thanks for the advice on the hearing devices for television.  I may just take care of it on my own!  Sotherenowanyway!   ;D

Amy

Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone..

We are getting snow and I need to go out and shovel it, will have my tea then go. Can't/won't use the snow blower this early in the morning. Will push it all to one side then at a decent hour will snow blow it over.
We are to travel today to  enjoy Christmas lunch with family but will see how the roads are first.
Managed to get all done yesterday that needed to be done, bread baked, soup made,even made the lemon pie from scratch.

Fire is on, tea is made and now to feed the dogs.

Enjoy this special day..

Merry Christmas!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!
Merry Christmas Day to all of you and yours :christmastree: :christmastree: :christmastree:
[/b]

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

halkel

Merry Christmas, hope Santa brought you all exactly what you wanted.

https://biggeekdad.com/2014/12/wish-merry-christmas/

Coffee is ready and all of you are welcome to share a cup on this
cold Christmas morning.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
wish you all the best Christmas you ever had. thanks to everyone for the links.
they were very good ,Shirley and hall I went over to the T V and played your links on the big screen T V. Nancy and i both enjoyed them very much. Thanks

Hall I do not recommend clicking on the pop ups below how ever. the one I clicked on after your wounder full movie was gorse had to turn it off, terrible language in it.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Merry Christmas to each of you. 

We have a beautiful bright and sunny Christmas morning.  It is 38 degrees when I got up and is only to get to the low 50's this afternoon.  Scott ended up having to work yesterday so they didn't get here until about 6:30 last evening and he was exhausted.  Pat had put together a simple chicken enchilada soup in the crock pot for our dinner.  After dinner he told a nap and the ladies played Farkle while the peanut clusters were being prepared in the crock pot.  Jennifer spent the night so she is here to start the Christmas dinner preparations to help her grandmother.  Later this afternoon we will have our Christmas dinner and after the dishes are finished and the food put away we will have our traditional gift exchange.  There are no big presents under the tree this year as Christmas came early for all of us but of course there are some small packages.  So we should have a very nice Christmas.

Shirley, I had to chuckle and I read how your anticipated Christmas Eve supper kept growing and growing.  Glad you had things in reserve so you didn't have to do a lot of cooking at the last minute. 

Jane, your brother's improvement is a nice Christmas gift to lighten the burden of your concern.  It seems like there is always "stuff" to be done. 

Lloyd, at least that isn't too much snow.  Do you feed your cattle with those big bales of hay?

Callie, it sounds like your family had a great time of eating and playing the game as well as opening packages.  Was Santa and your family good to you? It sounds like a Happy Birthday wish is in order so Happy Birthday.  Regarding the headphones, my wife doesn't have great hearing but she can hear her phone and our doorbell doesn't ring often but think she can hear it as well.  We have the over the ears type of headphones but you can get those that just fit on the ears or in the ears and probably wouldn't block out as much sound.  You could try them and if you felt they weren't right for you then return them.  I just know we both love ours.  Pat uses them a lot more than I do. 

June, I hope you have a delightful Christmas day.  Does the staff where you live pretty much get the day off?  That must have been some candle if it has been used for 50 years.  That must have been the Christ candle in the Advent service. 

deAngel, interesting story of the two kids at the police station.  They must have had the wrong house.  That is an expensive shot but sounds like it is necessary.  The last candlelight service I attended did use real candles with the little round cardboard to catch the wax that dripped.  We tried the TV Ears years ago but never found them satisfactory for us.  Glad they have worked for you.   

Carol, it sounds like you will have to get back to Tucson to rest up as you have a busy week ahead.  Glad your doctor is keeping you as a patient.  It was nice of her to give you a referral to a doctor in Tucson.

Junee, happy to see you benefit form the Seinheisser headphones.  The ones we have work on rechargeable or regular AAA batteries.  My best friend has the type like you have that can be recharged.  Happy holidays to you and your family. 

Any, sure hope the roads don't prevent you from having a wonderful day with your family.  It has been ages since I have had a lemon pie made from scratch and they are so good. 

Hal, thanks for your offer of share a cup of coffee.  I did get exactly what I wanted for Christmas with my new laptop. 

Lloyd Hammond

Yes Larry Big round,way around one ton each. I take the twine off  nd un roale them so all the cattle can have a place to eat at same time. have counting calves and bull 45 head.

Lloyd

June Drabek

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS

RAMMEL

Wishing everyone here on S&F a very Merry Christmas.

Had a touch of snow this morning and that is always is nice on Christmas Day.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Lindancer

Good afternoon, and a MERRY CHRISTMAS  To Lloyd, Jenny, Rammal, Junie, Larry, Jane, and all my cyber friends who help keep my brain :) alive. :xoxo: :christmastree:

Hal, be right down for coffee, but being Christmas, can you make it and Irish Coffee, PLEASE :coffee:

Amy and MaryAnn, hope you got to be with your families.

Joy

Wishing all the Seniors and Friends a very Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year.

Joy
[/size][/color]    :christmastree:
BIG BOX

Denver

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYFRIEND and to their friends and loved ones. 

We are enjoying a lovely family day.  Time is passing much too quickly and our time together will be over😪.  Santa was very good to everyone and our grands have been so happy with their gifts from us, which makes us feel very good. 

A couple of our online ordered gifts did not arrive, but will soon.  Gives those that it happened to something to look forward to. 

Bless you all on this wonderful day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

junee

HAL. Interesting to read that your headphones work on rechargeable batteries.
I know I am repeating myself but they are just wonderful for me to hear with so plainly, specially with music.

I am thinking of a  poster who is missing from here..Gloria, not been in since Dec 6th. Gloria lived in Rhode Island and have known her since the days of Bis’s nest. She was such a regular writer, and always put in messages daily.

Happy New Year to all,  Junee

June Drabek

Dear Hearts....This Christmas Day is drawing to a close, and I hope everyone had a Peaceful and Joyful family day. My Dori and Gary stopped in with wonderful gifts for Mom, then they were on to a neighboring town  to be with the younger generation. After a huge dinner with friends downstairs, I came home to relax, and enjoy a peaceful evening.

How I miss our Gloria. I pray she had a joyful day with maybe a new computer from Santa.  Have a peaceful night dear ones. June

Mary Ann

Junee, Gloria has had computer trouble and she is hoping her grandson can help her.  As far as I know, he's in the process of working on it.  She said she would not be on line for a while.

I hope you had a nice Christmas.  Yours would be warm where mine was cold but as I don't have to get out if I don't want to, I'm snug as a bug in a rug!

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

a very safe trip home for everyone traveling home we had a good Christmas.
good Night and sweet dreams everyone. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

halkel

I am tired.  a good tired I really didn't overeat and I didn't do much of anything but give out gifts and received a few myself.

Those of our family who traveled back home today got home safely and with no incidents, thank you God.

Junee I thought all of the headphones had rechargeable batteries, I still have the original batteries that came with mine, had the headsets for about 3-4 years.

I am off to bed.  I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Good night, God Bless and Sweet dreams.

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  Happy Morning After Christmas!

The day was stuffed full of visits with family.  Lots of love, lots of food, some nice gifts and more LOVE.  I came home so tired all I wanted to do was sleep so I did.  My daughter and her husband are here but will be leaving early this morning.  My granddaughter is staying until Thursday when her mother will come get her.  It will be nice to have her here for a while. 

I'll be off to Wally World at 10 this morning.  Hopefully, most of the "exchangers" will have exchanged and gone on their way by that time. 

I wish you all a restful rest of the week!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

We had a great time with the kids yesterday,then drive home wasn't so great but we just took our time . I have snow to deal with this morning.hmmm..shovel or snow blower???

I had better get at it..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I pray all is well with everyone, we had a good Christmas holiday what I can here and see all our S & F did as well. Thank god for that. It is 14º here now an saying our high will only go to 19º today, with I forgot how bad of a wend chill. hope you all can and do stay in warm that can. JaneS make sure you wrap warm and you have  good line with all smiley faces.
the nice thing about a smile is you can keep it and give it the same time. smile and the whole world smiley's with you. Have a  great smiley day everyone.

Lloyd