Random Image

lesson 11 fractal mask background

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Hi, GinnyAnn....good to see you.  I find it gets too easy for me to just sit and not do the moving around I should...and then I begin to really ache.  I find some movement does help me both physically and mentally.

Mary...saw the horrible rains during the Titans game.  It REALLY came down!

Marilyn...I'm so sorry...nobody should have to go through that.

Sharon...I'm guessing we're not finished with all of these allegations. I  suspect a lot more are to come.
It all seems to boil down to the "arrogance of power" and people who think they're somehow "special."

Beautiful day here...to get into low 50s and then plunge again to low 30s.  November in Iowa.

I've been on the phone, cancelling newspaper, getting an early garbage pickup, and Friday will deal with TV and OnStar.  I can only handle so much of this stuff on any given day. :coolsmiley:

jane

maryz

Good to see you checking in, Ginny Ann.  We all should move more - except maybe Marilyn - or maybe I just speak for myself.  It's hard to do, though.

I hope all goes well with your traveling, jane!

I did have frost on the windshield this morning, but the alcohol/water spray worked like a charm, and I didn't have to scrape.  I just turned the defroster on high, and waited a minute, then I could use the wipers.  What a great trick that is.

Jean spent the weekend at Kate's and they did their annual cookie-baking marathon.  We all appreciate it because that means we get boxes of the goodies.  Yum!

Happy Thanksgiving Monday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Hurray, so good to see your post, GinnyAnn!  It's been quite a while and we've missed you.  I think Ray has a good idea--even if you only walk up and down your driveway once or twice a day!  Keep us posted--and big hugs from me, you and Jane were my first internet friends when we started on Third Age!

Mary, we dropped into the 30's during the night.  I slept late, so missed that, and Tim came by early so I haven't been out for my walk.  I think I have enough time for a trip around the block before lunch time.  I'm glad you missed high winds and/or a tornado.

Sharon, hurray for you to be so diligent on that pesky machine.  You are making great progress and hopefully will be back to normal soon.  What are your plans for Thanksgiving? And who is the author of  The  Nightingale?  I'll look for it on Saturday when I return books to the library.

Marilyn, you are one brave woman and have come a long way from the horrible event in your past.  I am proud to have you for a "Bosom Buddy"!  I know you have put your past behind you and although it's hard to forget those trying times, you are and were an honorable woman then and now.

Jane, those "me too" stories really are sad--and to think those people who perpetrated the abuse have gotten off scot free.  As you've probably seen, Roy Moore, our discredited "10 Commandments Judge" is among those who has abused women in the past--and his supporters are denying and disparaging the women who have finally spoken out.  It's totally immoral and disgusting!!!!!

I need to get my walk in before fixing my lunch.  I hope all of you have a lovely day and don't work too hard preparing Thanksgiving dinner.  My job is to fix a relish tray.  Tim will pick me up to go to Ard's for our mid-day gathering.

Sue

SharonE

Mary, if you go to QVC.com, they are advertising a windshield cover that also covers the mirrors and is locked in place by your car door so it can't be stolen. I forget what they were charging, but maybe $50. If I had to have my car outside in an area with frost and snow, I'd sure get one.  We had a hard frost last night. Don't know if we got any rain or not in the past couple days.

Ginny, if you don't use it, you'll lose it!!  It is so easy to sit and read and play on the computer, but  once my knee is healed, my NY's resolution is to start some exercising, maybe chair yoga or water walking (groan). In any case, I've got to start being more active and you probably do too.

I did finish my book yesterday. It is The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.  It isn't a bright cheerful book but it really shows what the French & Jews went through during WWII. They had to be really, really strong people.

I've been to PT this AM. Groan!  She is really good and evaluated me as well as putting me through my paces.  I think my flex is to 103 or so now.  She gave me lots of hints on getting the knee flat.  One of those hints was not to sleep with a pillow between my knees which I have done forever because of my back.  I can pile pillows up and put my leg on those. I'll try that tonight. I iced my knee when I got home and I need to go do one last session with the CPM machine.  I really don't mind it because I can read while I'm on it--or sometimes sleep!   I'm scheduled for PT on Wed this week and then 3 days a week for the next 3 weeks. Such fun.

Jane, it sounds like you're getting everything ready to leave.  Have a good TG with your family and a safe trip down to TX.  Check in when you can.

Mary, those cookies would be my downfall!  Melanie sent a bunch for get well and Traecy sent a bunch of special candy.  I don't know how I am still losing, but so far, I am.

Sue, I hope you have a good TG with Tim & Kris, etc.  Nice that you don't have to cook too much.  Be careful walking on the frosty ground.

Lori's friends have met her in Shanghai now, so I feel a little more at ease about that.  Maybe I said that yesterday. IF so, sorry.

I just got a call from one of Ms Frances' good friends that I met through her.  She is planning on coming after TG for a visit and bring me some homemade meatballs!  Sounds good to me. 

If all of you are off and gone by the next time I'm in, know that I'm thinking good thoughts of you all and hoping you all have a wonderful, thankful, Thanksgiving.

maryz

Sharon, thanks for the hint about the windshield cover.  Fortunately, we don't have many icy mornings.  But it sounds like something I'd get if we did.

Re chair yoga, check out a DVD about something called Zookinetics.  They used to do that here at The Terrace. I did it once when there was no swim class, and it is a great chair-stretching program.  I know you don't want to go to the pool, so it might be worth your trying this.  I think you can watch some of it on YouTube and get an idea as to whether it might be something you'd like.

Sue, glad you're having dinner with Tim and Kris.  I'll be helping Margaret with dinner prep - especially the dressing/stuffing.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone..we are having nice cool weather..no freezes yet..I try very hard to walk every day...most days a mile and half...it would be easy to not walk but I want let my self do that...I'm going to my daughters wed for thanksgiving...will be eating with her in laws...taking a dessert...so here's wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving..hope it's a fun one with family..Darlene

alpiner1

I called the two drs. this afternoon . The first one said they had not gotten a referral & asked for the
breast cancer dr.'s phone number & they would call me back . They called back & was told they are waiting for word from my insurance .  The I called the second number & reached an answering machine & was told to leave my information , name & phone number & they would call back . 

SharonE

Alpiner, between insurance approvals and robotic answering machines, dealing with doctors is a pain!  I went through so much of that between my knee and my back stuff this summer.  I empathize.  YOu would think that they would be more on top of things when it's cancer.

I had company this after noon and after she finally left, I took a nap.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good Afternoon, Buddies.  My cleaning ladies came this morning about 9:00 and as usual were finished in an hour.  Two of them come and they change the sheets in my bedroom and put them on the washer so I can wash them.  I forgot about them as I started reading an interesting book by Susan Wiggs.  It's the first of a Tudor trilogy.  So far, so good.

I've fixed, eaten, and cleaned up the kitchen after my lunch.  So now I'm checking out messages on S&F and plan to lie down and continue the Wigg's novel.  I have the sheets in the dryer now and when they are dry and folded, I'll be finished with today's "ship's work!". 

Not much else going on here today.  I hope all are OK and having nice days.
Sue

alpiner1

I got a call back from the the dr. I left a message with . They had no referral from the breast dr. & will call her office today .

SharonE

Alpiner, I think the doctor's think illness takes a vacation over the holidays!  So upsetting.

Sue, what is the name o your book or series?

I thought the HVAC people were coming this AM, but it is next Tues.  The gal did come and pick up the machines. Of course they were on the front porch, but she still had to ring the doorbell and wake me and get Bunny stirred up. By the time I got there, she was gone.  Grrrrr.

Well, I needed to write some church articles and get them out anyway, so I did that.  I try to send in a month's worth at a time, but there is always more that comes up.  I have done very little today.  Sharon

SCFSue

It's almost 11:00 here and I haven't accomplished much except eat breakfast and go for my walk, which was lengthened because I saw 2 neighbors getting ready to go shopping and both stopped to talk.  The first is a teacher/golf coach at a high school in Columbus, GA, and the second is a retired professor who has been down to his ranch in Texas for deer hunting.  I rarely see any of my neighbors unless I'm outside when they are.  The retired professor told me my friend, Brownie, is now home from the hospital, so I'll probably walk down there on Friday and visit a while.

Tim is picking me up tomorrow about 11:00 to go to Ard's for our Thanksgiving mid-day dinner.  He, Kris, Ard, and Ronnie's family--Ronnie, his wife, and 2 kids who are about 5 &6 now, I think.  I'm taking a relish/pickle tray as my contribution to the meal.  I don't know if we're having turkey or ham--Ard volunteers at the hospital every Friday and they give their volunteers one or the other for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

A young man called me this morning and made an appointment to come by this afternoon.  He is a gardener  who lives east of here.  An acquaintance who had stopped and asked for some "slips" from my azalea bushes mentioned his name as someone who might be able to move some of my azaleas.  I had a professional gardener put in the azaleas in the back yard, but a college student plant the ones in the front--they have grown quite large and need to be separated, so I'm hoping this man can help me out at a reasonable price.

I started this e-mail almost an hour ago, but sister Anne called and we talked for 50+ minutes and now  it's time for me to fix and eat lunch.  I hope you all have a nice day and if I don't get back here before you celebrate Thanksgiving, have a lovely day!

Sue

SharonE

Sue, it's nice that you got a chance to talk to your neighbors.  Our neighborhood looks like everyone has left for TG.  I hope the young man can help you with your azaleas.

I just got back from PT and fixed my lunch.  I'm making good progress I think, but it is still slow and painful.HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!!`
Sharon

maryz

Sue, sounds like you're having a good holiday.  Good luck with your potential yard man.  If you like him and he's reasonable, maybe he can help get/keep your yard looking like you want.

Sharon, glad your formal PT is under way.  I know it's hard, but you're obviously working at it.

Margaret will pick me up tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning to go back to her house for our T'giving dinner on Saturday.  We've had our dinner on Saturdays for many years now, so that's not unusual.  There is always SO much food - turkey, country ham, dressing/stuffing, vegetable casseroles, potato sides, salads, fruits, condiments.  And always a house-full of family and friends.  It's my favorite holiday - more about love and friendship than about shopping and spending money and expectations.

They're patching, repainting lines, and making other repairs to our parking lot. I had to move my car this afternoon.  At least they're finished with the lot by the front door, so I was able to put my car there.  Guess it'll sit there until I get home from Margaret's.

Happy Thanksgiving, Buddies, and safe travels to those on the road.

SharonE

Mary, I agree that TG is about sharing time with family and friends. I was never one to shop that weekend. The PT is definitely strengthening my leg and I'm able to do more each day. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of pain. I am only taking a Percocet at bedtime and relying on Tramadol or Tylenol the rest o the time.  I hope you have a wonderful big family gathering as usual and with all the good cooks, I know you will have satisfied tummies.

We're going to rooast 2 turkey thighs and make some stovetop dressing and heat up some prepared mashed potatoes.  Originally, we were going to order in the whole dinner, but we don't need that much food. My appetite is still not back to normal and I'd like to keep my weight down.  I was a little disappointed John didn't buy a pie or the makings for one, but again, we really don't need it.

I slept in this morning.  Look forward to talking to the kids later except for Lori in China.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  Tim just called to tell me to take the cream cheese out of the fridge and that he'll be here in 30 minutes.  Thankfully I am dressed and ready to go--just need to put on some lipstick! 

I need to get out another tray in case the round one is not large enough but other than that I am ready.  This will be the first Thanksgiving without Dave and will be sad, although Ard is very stoic, so I don't expect tears from her--Kris will be very sad as she was Daddy's girl and is missing him a lot.  Kris will probably just suck it up and leave the room if we talk about Dave much.  I was very fond of him and do miss him, but he was so ill and in so much pain at the end that it was a blessing for him.

I hope you all have a Happy Thankgiving and enjoy the comfort of friends and family--even if it has to be long distance phone calls.

Sue

Marilyn

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Freckles and I and another team will be going to the hospital to visit the patients that didn't get to go home for the holiday. We will be with another team and will visit all the floors, after that I will come home and cook our little 3lb turkey breast for Keith and me.

maryz

Marilyn, I know the folks will be glad to see you and Freckles.

Sharon, the turkey thighs sound good.  I love the skinless/boneless chicken thighs, so I'd guess the turkey ones are just as good.

Sue, have a good time with Tim and Kris and family.

Margaret will be here to pick me up "before dark".  Looking forward to visiting will all the folks.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving, Buddies!

SharonE

Mary, we love the turkey thighs but Publix is the only store that seems to carry them.  Dinner was good and we didn't sin calorie wise like normal.  I still missed having pie.  Stovetop stuffing is ok but not real stuffing.

Marilyn, John and I think turkey breast is too dry, at least on the whole bird. I've never cooked a separate one but know that it's better for you.  Hope you had a good visit at the hospital and a good dinner with Keith.

I hope Jane & Ray have a safe trip home tomorrow and that Sue had a nice time at Tim's.

Mary, you enjoy your late TG dinner on Sat.

I just finished ordering the last gift for the kids and also an online vitamin order.  Such festive activities!!

maryz

Sharon, thanks for the info.  Margaret said she'd never seen the thighs before.  We have Publix in our area, and they do have good meat.  I'll mention it to some friends, since I don't cook any more - or they'd definitely be on our menu.

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I've been out in the yard this morning, raking up leaves.  Lue's son-in-law who has moved into her house saw me and after blowing his yard clear, came over and blew mine off, too.  It won't last long, though, as I still have many more leaves to drop.  I have large oak trees in both front and back yards. 

Tim and Kris came by to check on me and to tell me they are going down to a friend's barbecue at his farm in Bullock County, not far from where my farm was.  When we first went to Union Springs I didn't have an Alabama teaching certificate (had certificates from 4 other states, but had to take classes in Algebra, Public Speaking, and Teaching of Science) before I could get a job in Alabama Public Schools--which was ridiculous, IMO!  I started telling you this because I taught Typing and Bookkeeping at the U.S. private school and Tim's friend David was one of my typing students.  They became friends during that time and are still friends. 

They often vacation with David and his girl friend. (when I attended U. of South Carolina, they didn't have these ACTs and other pre-college tests, so USC had 2 days at the beginning of each year that freshmen had to take a 4 hour test in Math competency and a 4 hour test in English competency.  I aced both tests, but Alabama didn't seem to care or that I'd already had almost 20 years of teaching experience in accredited schools!

Mary, I don't cook much either.  Tim sent me home with a good bit of sliced ham and I'm probably going to have several meals of ham sandwiches!

Sharon, you're pretty organized to have your Christmas shopping almost finished.  I have ordered some towels Kris wants at Tim's suggestion, but will need to get something more personnel for her and will need to ask her what Tim would like.  I'll probably send small gifts to the grandsons and checks to Bill, Dawn, Jon, and Stacie.  I'll be sending Alex and Nick money for text books in December, too.  It's just too difficult to go shopping since I'm still not cleared for driving.

The yard man called me several days ago and said he'd come down and tell me what he thinks needs to be done and what it will cost, but so far no other message from him. 

I think I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon watching basketball games, doing a bit of laundry, and reading.  Have any of you read John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany?  It belongs to one my bridge buddies and I don't think she has read it.  It's 617 pages long and so far I'm only about 1/3 through. 

Tomorrow is our big game with Alabama and it's here--so we're all hoping we can throw a monkey wrench into the "Crimson Tide" and come out with a win.  We had a really good win against Georgia, which is now leading in the polls for the SEC with Alabama a close second.

Enjoy your "after Turkey" day, every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

Sue, how nice to have Lue's son blow off your leaves.  Oak leaves usually hang on till spring and make a mess then.  Enjoy your ham.  Good luck to Auburn.

I just got back from the doctor (he was actually open today). Actually, it wasn't my usual dr, but I didn't care. I did indeed test positive for a UTI and so got 2 RX.  I stopped by the nail place to get my toenails done, but they were closed!  Grrr.  Anyway, I did a lot of walking and had to take some Tylenol when I got home--and I haven't even done my exercises yet.  I still had to take a Percocet last night. I don't know why my knee hurts so much in bed. I can sleep in my chair or on the sofa with no problem!!

Lori has been having problems with her cervical discs.  She had had a couple weeks of chiropractic care & was feeling great before she left on her trip, but on Wed she was in such pain in Shanghai that she couldn't do anything. She did find a therapist of some sort who spoke English and helped her quite a bit, but she couldn't even walk to the corner with her friends for dinner.  She decided that getting on the cruise in that condition was stupid so she cancelled the cruise and rebooked a flight home. She should be there now. She called from San Francisco yesterday.  She lost a lot of $ and didn't have much to show for it.  She has learned now that for an expensive trip, you get travel insurance!  An expensive lesson.  I told her to call an orthopedic doctor today. The chiro was helping but not curing.

I don't think I told you that 2 of John's women partners are coming over Monday and helping him decorate our house for Christmas!  Is that cool or not.  I was depressed at not having decorations, but had no intentions of pushing myself to do them.  I really hadn't said anything, but John & the girls came up with the idea.

Jane, are you back from Chicago yet?  If so, I'm sure you're packing up for the big trip and try to avoid any snow.  Have a safe trip.

Darlene, hope you had a nice TG with your girls.

Marilyn, I bet the hospital patients were thrilled with Freckles visit.  How was your turkey breast?

Mary, you must be at Margaret's by now.  Enjoy the family and all that good food.   

Alpiner, I hope things are going more smoothly for you and that you've got some definite dates.

Hi to Joy and Ginny and anyone else who pops in.  Sharon

jane

We are now home and I'm finishing up the third load of laundry.  Ray has the car pretty well packed, and the neighbors came over and unhooked the battery in my car for its winter storage in the garage. 

T'giving was nice, except for one of Ray's nieces who always is a DRAMA QUEEN. :idiot2:  She just talks non-stop and, of course, knows how everyone should do things.  UGH!  I sat in a corner of the sofa and knitted and worked hard to keep my mouth shut.  It wasn't easy. :2funny:

We're going out for supper with friends as usual on Friday night...and because we have NO food in the refrig to eat.  We cleaned it out of perishables and had a special garbage pickup on Wed. so everything would be gone.

We'll eat breakfast out as we head out tomorrow for Tx.  Weather is to be nice...it was into the 60s here today but back to more normal tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.  I'm sure we'll hit a lot of traffic on Sunday, so may call it a day early to avoid a lot of it.  I'm not sure how far we'll get each day...we'll play it by ear.

I'll check in as I can from the road.

jane

maryz

jane, sorry about your "drama queen" - I guess there's always one.  I know you'll be glad to get on the road.  I hope your trip is uneventful.

Sue, glad you're getting some yard work done, and had a nice family dinner.

Sharon, what a lovely thing for John's bridge partners to do for y'all.

Margaret came for me yesterday afternoon, and she's been cooking all day today.  I've done a little helping - mostly what I can do sitting down.  Then I did the last part of making the dressing - adding the seasonings and stirring and tasting.  I mentioned that I was hungry for a steak, so she got some for us tonight.  Jesse cooked them on the grill - and a lovely medium-rare steak was SO good.

The big news here was a phone call from Sarah (the youngest grandchild) telling me that her Carson had literally gotten down on one knee and proposed to her - ring and all.  I don't think the wedding will be too soon, but they've been together for a while, so no hurry.  We're all excited for the two of them.  (Sharon, she's the one who lives in Bluffton.)

Hope all the Buddies have a good weekend.

SharonE

Jane, unfortunately, every family has one clinker. You were wise to keep knitting. Have a good trip. Hope the weather is good for you.

Mary, congrats on the engagement!  What do she and her fiance do in Bluffton?  Certainly a lovely place to start married life.  I always made the dressing at our family get togethers too, except for my dil who has to try something different every year.  The steak sounded good as a foil to today's big dinner.

John will probably start getting out decorations today and clearing away fall decorations.  My chair is also going back in the den, so the living room can return to a semblance of sanity.  Right now, I have stuff everywhere in it.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've been up since 6:30 but haven't read the paper as it hasn't arrived and it's 10:30 already.  I've walked over to the library, checked out books for this coming week, and am now doing a load of laundry.  When I put it in the dryer, I'm going to shower, shampoo, dress in "soft clothes" and get ready for football games.  AU is playing Alabama here this afternoon--I think about 2:00, but need the paper to be sure.  Here's hoping we demolish them as we did Georgia recently!

It's sunny and still a bit cool, but nice football weather here.  I should clean up more leaves, but probably won't--except for maybe my deck out back.  Tim and Kris brought more left over ham yesterday on their way to a friend's farm down in Bullock County near where my farm was.  I don't think they were planning to spend the night, but may have done that.  They usually watch the games with David and his family.

I'm thinking about getting my Christmas tree out tomorrow afternoon and hoping Tim will have time to get my ornaments out of the attic.  I haven't had a tree for the past 2 years because of the fall I had.

Sharon, I'm sorry to hear about Lori's back problems. I hope she can find relief soon.  How wonderful that John's bridge buddies will help you decorate.  Last year all I had was a table top tree my neighbors loaned me--and it sure didn't feel like Christmas!

Jane, unfortunately every family seems to have a drama queen.  Ours is our youngest sister--it's always her way or the highway, but Anne and I don't visit her anymore and she hasn't visited me since her kids were teens when they came to the farm.  Her sons are both grown, the oldest is a principal at a large school in Elkhart, IN.   I do keep in touch with Linda for birthdays and holidays, but mostly by mail.  When I used to call her once a month it meant listening to a lot of religious stuff I don't agree with.  Have a safe trip and enjoy your winter home!

Mary, I've been meaning to ask if Margaret lives near you.  All your daughters seem to be very constant in talking to or seeing you often.  Woo Hoo on the engagement of Sarah and Carson.  What took them to Bluffton?  Are they the ones who lived in or near Annapolis for a while?

I have laundry in the washing machine and will shower, shampoo, and put on my AU shirt and jeans for this afternoon's game  after I put the clothing in the dryer. 

Have any of you read John Irving's (u)A Prayer for Owen Meany(/u)?  It's lengthy, but interesting about 2 young boys who grow up as friends together.  I've been reading it for several days and still have about 300 more pages to read.

It's time to put my wash into the dryer, so will do that and shower and get into my orange sweat shirt for the game.  WAR EAGLE!!!!

Hi to Joy, GinnyAnn, Alpiner, and whoever I've missed.
Sue

jane

We’re in N. Kansas City tonight.  We’ve got a long day tomorrow, so hope we can start early.  Weather is wonderful.

Watching Sue’s AU against AL.

Jane

jane

Wow!  Sue’s AUBURN beat ALABAMA!!!!    WAR EAGLE!

maryz

HOORAY FOR AUBURN!!!!!!

jane, glad you're on the way.  Hope your trip continues uneventfully.

To answer Sue's and Sharon's questions about the kids/grands:  Margaret lives just an hour away - between Chattanooga and Nashville.  She's pretty much my "primary" go-to daughter.  Jean is in Nashville (2+ hours); Sue in SC (4 hours); Kate in KY (4 hours).

Alison (and husband Joe) is the granddaughter who lives in Annapolis, MD. Sarah works with a lawyer (officially since she passed the SC Bar) in Bluffton.  Carson is a professional golf caddy - managing the caddy staffs for some of the large tournaments and teaching. I think they're in Bluffton specifically because that's where Sarah found a job when she finished law school.

The other grands are variously in Charleston, Atlanta, middle TN, and Lexington KY.  So spread out, but all in the southeast.

Sharon, I'm sorry Lori had to cut her trip short.  I hope she's safely home and recovering.  Was her trip a pleasure trip, or was she there on business?  We had never taken out trip insurance until the year John died.  We had two trips planned that had to be cancelled - one insured, and one that I thought was insured, but wasn't.  Now I even take out the insurance on a plane ticket.

Our dinner day at Margaret's was great!  We did, as usual, wind up with some of our friends from here in Chattanooga, and two groups of the really old friends from Hendersonville.  Plus all the good food!  Chattanooga friends brought me back home after dinner.  We left before dark, and got about 20 minutes away when I realized I had left my phone.  They very sweetly took me back to get it, but we still got home without incident.  There had been a wreck on I-24 west-bound (we were east-bound fortunately) with a tractor-trailer, and traffic was backed up for miles.  Those folks were there for a long time, I'm sure.

Happy Sunday,  Buddies - and I hope your week is off to a good start.

SharonE

Hi Gals.  John is off to church. I begged off since we are giving a surprise birthday party to his Chinese friend tonight at a Chinese restaurant. I just decided 2 outings in one day was too much now.

I did put in a load of towels. I presume John will finish the rest.

I had to take half of a Percocett last night. I had managed not to the night before but last night I was just hurting too much.  I never take them in the daytime and am trying to do without them at night, but with mixed success.

Brian and Mel both called yesterday, belated TG calls.  Mel was really impressed with how much B & T had gotten done on their house, but they still have a lot to do to make it their own.   Brian's job is going well and Braeden was home for TG and in 3 wks will be home for a month or so Christmas break. He's enjoying Mizzou and I think has all A's, although the first semester isn't over yet.  Sean has found a nice group of "runner" friends, so he's happy.

Melanie is having all of her family for Christmas this year (they alternate), so they will have a full house with 2 babies and 6 adults. Fortunately, their house is geared for it.  As soon as everyone leaves after Christmas, she will start packing all the stuff they are taking down to FL and will head there mid Jan.  They are closing on the house this week.

Lori was a little better yesterday but no doctors available, so we'll see if she can get in tomorrow and find something out.   

Hurray for Auburn!!  Sharon