Random Image

The City

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:47:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottoncandy

Sharon and Mary..saw the pcheese brand yall were talking about at Walmart mart..haven't tried it yet..think one was original..then one more spicy...will have to try it...I got a perm yesterday...like it ..so far..low matience for me...cold front blowing in this morning..but got my walk in anyway...forecasting rain and colder tomorrow....Jane glad you are getting settled in...And Marlyin good your pain is gone..hope everyone has a great day..stay warm and healthy...Darlene

SharonE

Marilyn, glad to see your post. Had been missing you. Sorry you have been having trouble with your hand. I'm glad it's better today though.  Do cortisone shots help?

Jane, I get aggravated with the self scan machines too. If they work right, they are easy, if not, it's a pain. Most places though will adjust any mistakes at the scanner by the overseer.  Enjoy your lunch. Sorry about the sleep though.  My sleep is still broken by the pain, but usually I can get back to sleep.

Mary, hurray that yesterday was a pain-free morning.  So odd.  Hope you got to swimming.

Joy, the Saints weren't very nice to our Carolina Panthers Sunday!  Glad to see you post and that you are still happy with your choice of apt. & floor.

We're to still be in the 60's today and then by Sunday down in the 40's with a chance of snow!

Yesterday's trip to Duke was a waste of time. The dr. didn't tell us anything except that he had a low-grade inflammation according to the blood test he took a month or so ago. Didn't say how that affected anything or what he should do about it. Come back in 3 months!    Left here at 9 AM & got home at 8:15 after stopping for dinner. His appt was at 2:00; we arrived about 12:30 and the dr. didn't see him till 4:00!.  Yes, we were ticked! I think that doctors have stopped caring much about their patients since the government got so involved and that so many of them work for hospitals instead of individual practices.

I was exhausted by the time we got home, but my knee wasn't any worse than usual. I got up and walked in the hospital to keep it flexible.  I hated driving home in the dark and told John that I thought that if we have to go up in the future, we need to stay overnight if we get out so late. Neither of us like driving at night and with his eyes, it's dangerous.  We have to travel a very busy interstate (85) all the way (2.5-3 hrs).

Hi Darlene. Just saw your post. Hope the perm makes things easier.  Stay warm.

My PT isn't till 4:30 today since I had to change it from yesterday.  All for now.  Sharon

jane

Sharon...bummer that the Duke trip was a waste. You'd think their doctors would be more helpful.  We, too, hate driving in the early morning or after dark, so we always stay overnight if we have a late or early apt at Univ. hospitals. 

Darlene...low maintenance on the hair is always good.  I need to get an appt to get mine cut here soon.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  My cleaning ladies arrived about 8:00--I'd just finished eating breakfast.  I'm reading a lengthy Baldacci murder (not so much a mystery as the crime was committed while I was watching!  And so was a petty thief who saw it all and is now being framed by the U.S. President and his minions!).  I'm sure it will end happily, but it's looking pretty grim for the thief--who didn't get anything after he saw the murder--he left ASAP when the President and his Secret Service employees covered up the crime!

A volunteer from the Seniors and Friends group came by with a poinsettia from the group.  They are the volunteers who provide services to people like me who are not able to drive (and oh, my goodness, I'll be so glad to get this brace off my leg and start driving again!).

My cleaning ladies arrived about 8:10 and were out of here before 9:00.  They change my sheets, dust all the furniture, damp mop the floors, and leave things in good shape and it usually lasts for the next 2 weeks.  I have the same 2 ladies every time and they work quickly. 

Mary, do you have a date for Margaret's surgery?  I'm hoping it will be soon and that all goes well.  Hugs to you and to Margaret.

Jane, it sounds as if you and Ray are settling in well.  I sure envy you the warm weather and sunshine.  We're expecting rain later today and it's cooler, too.

Sharon, I'm sorry the trip to Duke was a waste of time.  Also sorry about the long wait.  That seems to be the norm these days.  Does John's local doctor not have some idea about what he should do?

Darlene, I hope you enjoy your new perm.  What are you plans for Christmas?  I can't remember if your kids live nearby or away. 

Joy, I hope all is well with you.  I know you posted yesterday or the day before but I don't want to go back and check as I always lose whatever I've written here.

Hi to Marilyn, Alpiner, GinnyAnn, and whoever else might be looking in.
Sue

alpiner1

I called the dr.early this morning & left a message on the answering machine . No call back & its 4:50 pm.  That makes 2 days of calling & no call back . I'm calling again tomorrow & will tell them this is the 3rd day I have called .  I'm calling the breast cancer dr. & will let her know if  I don't get a call back . I would drive down there but its 35 miles !!

Cottoncandy

Alpiner...this just does not sound right...I would be calling a higher up...everyone has a supervisor..Cc

jane

Alpiner...I agree with Darlene/Corron Candy...this treatment you are getting is inexcuseable.  You are, I assume, going to be driving down there everyday for radiation, IF they ever get you scheduled, so I’d go and raise h*ll at that office.   You refer to one doc as your “breast cancer doc.”  Is she your surgeon or your internal med doc or ?  Is her office near you?  If so, I’d be in their office and I’d probably be very loud about all you’ve been through trying to get your radiation scheduled...surely someone in your area of S. California can do your radiation with care and competence.  You deserve that.

The arctic cold front has hit here...in the high 50s and lots of rain and wind...to last for 3 days.  Seems like a good time to bake cookies, knit and read.   :)

Jane

SCFSue

Alpiner, I agree with Darlene and Jane.  You are getting the run around--and it's time someone helped you--and if they don't immediately help you, I agree that you need to find another doctor who will get you into the office SOON! 

It's chilly here, too, Jane.  I think in high 40's and I had to bundle up for my morning walk.  Rain and possibly sleet are predicted for later today--and that is always a problem here as most residents have never driven in winter conditions.  Since I'm still restricted from driving, I'm not going to worry about it except to worry about Tim and Kris as they must work today.

I'd planned to make a pot of soup today, but have piddled around and don't have time to get it ready for lunch, but might start it after lunch and have soup for supper and tomorrow, too.

Not much else going on today.  I need to return some phone calls and will do that after lunch.

I hope every Buddy has a nice day despite any inclement weather--actually I hope that the sun is shining wherever you are!

Sue

alpiner1

Finally I reached someone to find out what is going on . The breast cancer dr. wanted me to see the chemo dr. (which I did & don't need chemo ) but she passed me on to a radiation/medical dr. This last dr. just sent in the request to the insurance !   I told the person I talked with I was getting upset & this has been going on since last week . She said she will keep on top of it & call me as soon as she gets word .

SharonE

Alpiner, if you haven't heard by Monday, call again!  I agree with all the other comments on how you've been treated and the need for action.  Get your husband to go in there and raise H***, if necessary. Sometimes they listen to men more than women, although that sure shouldn't be the case for BC treatment.

It is really cold here too. It says 53 on the computer but it sure feels colder.

I went to our bridge club Christmas luncheon and game today. We met at the nearby Chinese restaurant because that was the only place she could find for us to both play and eat.  I do NOT like Chinese, but tried and now have ended up with GERD. I've taken my last to Gas-X, so may have to go to the pharmacy.  The bridge was fun and I did pretty well till the last round, so came in about 3rd or 4th.

When I got home and changed, I did my PT exercises as the PT gave me what for for being so stiff from not having done them for 2 days due to our trip and sleeping through much of Sunday.  I do have my flex up to 120, but the straightening needs 4 more degrees to be flat.  Grrrr.

No other news here.  Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy.  Mary, how are you doing?  Sharon

Marilyn

Hello everyone, Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days. It is a very busy week for me with 3 Therapy dog visits, Furry friends Christmas party on Saturday, the church and singing on Sunday. I will be having my nails done and a pedicure tomorrow before going on the visit to the hospital. Next week it is my annual review at Hospice and Christmas party for hospice on Friday. The following week is my eye appointment, two visits and leaving for California. whew!! BUSY!!!.

maryz

Marilyn, with your schedule, you're excused from frequent postings. :thumbup:

Sharon, sorry you had to work out the stiffness, but at least you know the exercises to do.  I go to the pool well before our class begins and do a series of the PT exercises in the water.  I don't know if it helps, but it makes me feel more virtuous.  ;)

alpiner, obviously you're hearing the same advice from all of us here.  We've all had to stop being nice and demand that folks pay attention to us.  You'll get there, babe!

It's 46* here now, and supposed to get near freezing tonight. I hope I don't have to scrape the windshield in the morning. My appointment with the spine clinic is at 9 tomorrow morning.  I haven't been to this location before, so will be leaving the house between 8 and 8:15, to be sure to get there on time.  I'm feeling better than a couple of days ago - more like the usual level of pain.  I don't know what happened to cause the severe pain (up to an 8 or 9 on the scale) of Sunday and Monday, but it wasn't there when I got up on Tuesday.  For this, I'm very grateful!

I had an optometry checkup last week, and have new glasses ordered.  I'll pick them up on Friday.  The monthly residents' meeting was this afternoon.  I guess there's always drama in any senior living facility, and this place is no exception.  Our Executive Director is leaving as of this week.  At least he wasn't fired, it was a personal decision (he's moving back to Texas where his wife is in a long-time job).  In any case, he's been quite good, and everybody pretty  much likes him.  So now corporate has to find somebody new, and we have to "break him/her in".  In the two years I've lived here, this will be the 4th ED, along with the second corporate owner.  Oh, well...

In the technology department, Comcast/Xfinity has sent me a new piece of equipment, saying that it's is "easy to install", and I should be able to do it myself.  Yeah, right!  With great trepidation, I set out to do this chore - along with mental plans for what to do when I couldn't make it work.  To my great amazement, all I had to do was unplug three plugs from the old one, and plug them into the new one, then get on my devices and re-log in to my network.  The whole process took about 30 minutes.  And, what I'm proudest of, I remembered to get the serial number of the equipment and put it in the listing where I keep all my passwords, etc.

Happy Hump Day, Buddies!  Stay warm!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Cottoncandy

Woke up to snow on the ground this morning.....happens about every 20 years....beautiful. But will melt fast"..Darlene

jane

Darlene...No snow here on SPI,  but lots of rain continuing, fog, and wind and cool....probably in the 50s.  We’re to have a continuation of this tomorrow, and then the weatherguessers say back to sunshine and 70s. 

Sharon....good to get back to the exercises,  ut you had to go with John to Duke, etc.

Sue....everybody here seems to have the cold, except maybe Alpiner....hope the awful fires aren’t near her.

Mary...hope there’s no scraping necessary.  Ray and I are both in a lot of pain, and I know, for us, it’s this weather front.  It’s weird,  but very real.

Marilyn...you are a busy bee.

Alpiner....FINALLY, a human being answered you.  Insurance request should go thru quickly...except it’s insurance and who knows what goofball you’ll get there when they finally get around to handling the request.  Hang in here....and remember, NOBODY is as concerned as you (and your family, of course) are about your health. 

Hi to Joy, GinnyAnn, Jeanne

No plans today except to venture out tonight to meet friends for ribs at a local place here.  We did venture out yesterday to the grocery here on the island for some necessities. 

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I've had breakfast, read the paper, showered/shampooed/dressed in a Christmas sweater and black pants.  I'm going to the Garden Club Christmas luncheon, which I'd planned to skip because of the bridge Christmas party which has now moved back to Jan. 4.  Carolyn will pick me up about 10:30.  So an hour to organize Christmas Card list--I've cut it down the past couple of years, but need to check to make sure.  Several friends have died, others have been seriously ill.  Notes must be written in each one--but I'm cutting them short this year.

It's chilly here, maybe high 50's now.  And is looking like rain and probably sleet.  I'm hoping the luncheon at the Country Club starts on time and the program is not long.  I'd like to be home before the worst of the sleet/rain.

Alpiner, keep on with the phone calls to the doctor's office.  It seems to me that whoever is responsible is pretty negligent--and I know it must be causing lots of worry on your part.  I was so happy when I discovered my lump and that I was seen the next day (at Ft. Benning military hospital about 60 miles from our farm) and had the lumpectomy the day after that.  Then although there was no residual cancer, I chose to have radiation and have had no problems since, although I still see my cancer doctor annually and have annual mammos.  Thoughts and prayers here daily for you from Alabama.

Sharon, I understand that the exercise is painful, but hope you'll be able to work through it as that is what it takes to recover fully.  How are you managing to cook, etc.--I know John is helpful with some chores, but how about cooking?  Big hugs in hopes of soon being pain free.

Marilyn, you are one busy lady!  Good luck with the Hospice Review (I'm sure you'll get high marks!), Christmas party, eye appointment, and the last 2 visits. 

Mary, we're expecting a freeze tonight, too.  Tim will be picking me up for lunch and Kroger shopping, but I'm not worried about it unless we get that freezing rain.  I'm not surprised about the frequent changes at your Assisted Living.  Azalea Place where I play bridge once a month has had several turnovers in the past year--and this last one has really deteriorated in service.  We eat lunch there and the food is not as good and the service is terrible.  The people who live there complain a lot--at least the ones who are in that bridge club.  Most are widows who have sold their homes and need the comfort of an assisted living--and they're not getting what they had under the previous owners.  I hope your new Director is a good one.

Wow, Darlene.  Snow already?  We might get a few sprinkles, but it never stays on the ground here, except once when we lived at the farm.  I don't miss snow after 6 years of shoveling by myself when Bob was deployed to Spain, Sicily, Newfoundland, and other foreign places while the kids and I stayed in Brunswick, Maine, twice!  Actually, the last time we lived there, Bill was 12 and I was able to boost him out a window so he could shovel the snow off the doors--it was piled up more than 5 feet high!

Jane, lucky you to be looking forward to some milder weather.  I can imagine how beautiful the Gulf must look now. 

It's almost time for Carolyn to pick me up for the luncheon--she is in charge of the program and needs to be there early.  Have a lovely day, Buddies, and try to stay warm and dry if you're having inclement weather.

Sue

maryz

It was in the mid30s when I left this morning - so no scraping.  And it's 46 and cloudy now.  Some snow is predicted for south of us over the weekend - in the Atlanta area.

I saw the NP at the Spine Clinic this morning.  The good news is that there is no imminent surgery on my back, and no MRI scheduled yet.

The bad news is that I have really bad scoliosis and no ligament at all in the disc spaces.  Basically, there is probably some major back surgery in my future, if I live long enough, and the timing will be at my discretion.  But as long as I'm not having symptoms in my legs and pain no more than it usually is, I can wait.  I'm to go back in three months.  And, they will schedule an MRI and potential surgery anytime I think I'm ready.

As long as I don't have pain like I did on Sunday/Monday, I'm willing to wait.  But it wouldn't take many days like that to have me ready to schedule surgery.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Mary, I certainly know what you mean about the back pain. I certainly hope the extreme pain doesn't return and that you don't have to have surgery.  Cold here today too, but no snow or sleet yet; maybe tomorrow.

I had a really bad attack of GERD from the Chinese food and had to go to the drive-in pharmacy and plead with them to give me some GAS=X at the window. They were very nice and did and after 6 Gas-X, I had gotten up all the gas and stopped hurting.  It was yogurt for dinner.

John is out shopping--a couple things for our son's oldest and some pansies, I think, and then groceries.
We have been getting along pretty well for eating.  I had fixed some things in advance and now that I'm better, I've been able to help him a little and tell him what to do.  The food has been pretty simple, but I haven't been hungry anyway.  He has done a lot of the laundry and when I feel like doing it, I do a load too.  I have one in now.  He doesn't mind doing the towels and undies but is less eager to do the good things that need special treatment.    We did decorate our tree last Saturday and it looks nice.

I've done my exercises the past 2 days and slept pretty well last night.  I don't have PT today but will tomorrow.  Sometime today, the Invisible Fence guy is to come.  Bunny ran off out the front twice. I changed the battery the first time, but it happened again.  So something is wrong.  It may be her collar. It is really old, at least the controls, maybe from IN.  We've moved our set-up 3 times and had them re-install the controls and lay the line.  I hope it is just the collar.

Jane, I know you will be looking forward to 70 degree weather again.
Darlene, Wow snow in your area!  Sounds like Carolina snow thought--here for a few hours and then gone. The only thing I worry about is ice storms. Those make walking and driving so treacherous and we have to shovel a space for Bunny because she's scared to walk on the ice.  They last several days and really cause havoc with tree branches and electricity in Charlotte. Our electric is all underground, so no problem that way for us and trees aren't big enough for the most part to fall on houses, etc.

Marilyn, I hope you take a chance to take a breath in your busy schedule!  Christmas isn't fun if you're too booked up.  I know you're looking forward to going to CA though.  Gilbert isn't near any of the fires, is he?

Ginny, have you decorated yet? If not, better get busy.

Hey Jeanne, we haven't heard from you in a while.  Drop in!

Hang in there Alpiner. It will work out eventually, but it sure can get aggravating dealing with medical people.  I'm waiting on a phone call back from my Dr to tell me if I can go back on my Voltaren now that I've finished the blood thinner he put me on to prevent clots.

Sue, you sound like you're staying busy too. Hope your garden party went well.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  We have very cold rain here today with possibilities of freezing later.  I've been looking for my covers for my outdoor faucets and have only located one.  I hope Tim knows where they are.  Lots of things have been moved in my utility room--he had taken the glass shower door off my shower and installed a curtain so that it is easier for me to get in and out of the shower and hopefully he'll know where the other covers are.  I'd hate to have my pipes freeze!

The Garden Club luncheon was nice although not many members were there.  We had lots of donated slipper sox which one member delivers to nursing homes.  I wrote cheery notes to recipients while we waited for lunch to be served.  Our program was about nurturing Christmas cacti.  We were giving a cactus bulb as a table favor and I guess I'll try to plant it when the weather permits and see if I can get one growing.

Not much else to report today.  After lunch with Tim, I'll probably read and watch basketball games.

I hope all are well and have a nice day, even if it means staying inside out of the bad weather.
Sue

jane

It’s SNOWING on SPI!  There is snow on the ground at the Alamo in San Antonio! 

I’m baking gingersnaps cookies and we’re in for the day!  Soup for supper tonight.  Ray’s off to the exercise room in the other tower, but he can get there without going outside.  The winds are ferocious.

Snowy jane

maryz

Amazing that  you're getting snow on SPI, jane.  It's snowing here, too.  It was predicted south of here, and I had heard that towns between here and Atlanta had gotten 2+" this morning.  It's sticking briefly on my deck, but not on the ground...yet.  Oh, well, it looks pretty, and I don't have to go anywhere.

Sue, I hope you don't have a problem with freezing pipes.  It's hovering just above freezing here.

I got to swimming and picked up my new glasses this morning.  There's not too much change in the prescription.  Mostly I got the new ones to get some with transition lenses.  I'm having a lot of trouble with my eyes changing from bright sunlight to darker interior.  This causes problems because my chair is just inside the sliding glass doors - facing southeast.  Even in the wintertime, the light is very bright on sunny days.  So we'll see if this helps.

Stay warm, Buddies!

SharonE

It is cold and rainy here too, but no snow expected south of Charlotte--although it is definitely a possibility. Very wintery outside anyway. Ugh.

Sue, pipes seldom freeze unless there is a really extended period of below zero temps. One night definitely won't do it. I don't feel jealous of your cacti bulb. I really don't like them.

Wow, Jane, snow in SPI!

Mary, I hope the new glasses help.  I ordered a pair of fit-overs for night driving from the web. Supposed to suppress the glare and make things clear. We'll see if they work.

I went to PT this morning. They are happy with me. I'm to 122 flex and with a little help 0 on the straightening.  So I'm meeting goals.  Now it is a matter of flexibility and strength, I guess.  I slept last night with only 1 Tramadol, which I normally take anyway!  First time for nothing during the night.  My back was hurting a lot though when I got up.

I'm trying to get Christmas cards out today. I still have to print my letter + have a few actual cards for people I don't send the letter to, like in SS.

All for now. Sharon

joyous

I awoke this morning to SNOW!!!!!We have not had a snow in about 20 years, but
all the rooftops are laden with a heavy covering of snow and  it continued coming
down until about noon.(It is now about 2 o'clock ) and the snow is still covering
everything. It shows no sign of melting . I can't tell you how rare that is for
Louisiana.
JOY

alpiner1

With all the fires in the area the power company cut our power yesterday  . Son brought his generator for us to use & it was only on a few minutes & the power came on ! The power was offf from 7:00 a.m. yesterday until this afternoon .

jane

Seems like we all are getting cold, wet weather....except Alpiner who needs it for the fires.  Are they close to you?

This afternoon, the 🌞 appeared for the first time in 3 days, the winds died down and the rain/snow stopped.  Now we’re back to more normal S. TX weather.  We’ll be heading out to the grocery tomorrow, and I’m guessing it’ll be packed with people!

Jane

GinnyAnn

Mostly same old, same old here. Ray got out the small tree and we have a few other ornaments around. I feel like I may be coming down with a cold.  :tickedoff: 

jane

Good to see your post, GA, but hope it’s not a cold coming on.

A 🌞 Saturday morning to all the Buddies!  The wind, rain and snow blew out into the Gulf yesterday afternoon, and it’s bright and clear this morning, with temps to get back up to normal SPI temps.

We’ll be heading over to the mainland later today to restock the pantry and fridge.  Otherwise, I’m caught up on housekeeping chores and hope to get a walk in outside when those temps get into the 60s. 

Jane

maryz

alpiner, those fires are terrible.  My heart goes out to those people who have lost everything (like the folks who suffered in the hurricanes).  My sister-in-law and family live in Torrance and Venice Beach - doesn't look like they're involved, but too close for comfort...as I guess you are.

jane, the snow didn't stick here, and we're back to lovely sunshine.  But it's cold (for us) - highs for the next several days expected only in the 40s with lows near or below freezing.  But I don't have to get out until Monday morning, so no problems for me.

Ginny Ann, I hope you're not getting a cold. Glad you've gotten up some decorations.

I picked up my new glasses yesterday.  With the sunshine today, I'll see if the transition lenses (first time I've had them) help with my problems with the bright light.

Hope all the Buddies have a good weekend and stay warm and safe.

SharonE

Hi Gals, we're under a winter advisory till noon, but so far, it is just hovering above freezing and no snow. We got a little over an inch of rain yesterday which we needed.

Alpiner, I didn't realize you lived in CA.  I pray the fires stay away from your area.  They look just horrible. The organist from our church is from Sonoma and her family home burned down in those fires.  So sad.

GA, glad you've got some decs out, but not glad to hear you're getting a cold.  Take Vit C and Coldeez today and you will be amazed.

Jane, I'm glad SPI is back to normal with sun and warmer temps.

I wonder if Sue got a lot of snow. The TV said Birmingham got 5"!!!

Mary, we seem to be almost the same weatherwise.  Just cold & damp here.

Joy, it's amazing to hear that LA got snow. I never heard of that happening.  Anyway, it will be short-lived, I'm sure.  Just stay in and stay warm and enjoy having Christmas season snow.

I need some more Christmas stationery, so we may go to Pineville this afternoon, or maybe after church.

My knee still seems pretty good but I've got to go get dressed and then exercise.  Sharon

jane

We've been grocery shopping and it wasn't crowded as I'd expected after three days of miserably cold, very windy days.  We're  back now and I'm watching basketball and catching up on family bookkeeping.  It's so much easier to do daily and be on top of things with the internet. 

jane

SCFSue

It's almost noon here.  I ate breakfast and then walked over to the library--about a 25 minute walk both ways--and selected books to hopefully keep me reading all week.  However, I usually finish those and have to dig into my stash before Saturday rolls around again.

We had about an inch and a half of snow during the night and it was still on the ground when I got up about 8:00.  However, the snow on the ground melted fairly quickly except in the shady areas.  After I walked to the library, I got my broom out and swept an inch off the car roof, trunk, and whatever that thingie that covers the engine is.  It's supposed to stay in the high 30's, low 40's  the rest of the day.

I'm going to a dinner party this evening for mostly "widows" from our church.  I don't think there are any more widowers living since several of my male friends died during this year.  The organist and her husband who is also musical and is the supervisor of buildings at the church are fixing the meal.  They did this last year, too.  Steve, the husband, is picking us all up in the church bus and will bring us home after the festivities.

Duke is about to lose their ball game to Boston College.  Duke is #1 as usual and the game is played today at B.C.  Only 15 seconds left and Duke is 4 points behind.

I'm going to shower, shampoo, and dress for the Christmas party and hopefully be ready to sit down for the Army-Navy game.  Of course I'm pulling for Navy!  We're about an hour away from kick off.

Enjoy your weekend, Every Buddy.
Sue