Random Image

Happy Faces

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:56:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Thanks Mary Ann, I was wondering about Larry as he hadn't posted here. I know he was back to being ill this past week.

Valdez glaciers include Shoup, Meares, Columbia, Worthington, Yale or Valdez-Gletscher. Do any of those sound familiar?

Yes, I didn't see that, but you are right about "Cold interiors!" My space heater goes all day with my only changing from medium heat levels to heavy and back again. I don't run it at night, but then the bedroom has no balcony doors. January and February usually are our coldest months of the year.

However, we've not had the colder temperatures, these past five or so years. And with this government's Canadian tariffs causing our former owners to sell and pullout; we've gotten the short end of the stick.  I can't afford private rentals which would then include utilities and grounds maintenance so here I am.

Callie, you've been quite the traveler, I'm so envious! My younger sister lived in Florence, Italy for a time and my older sister had retired to a cottage in Tuscany but returned to Portland, Oregon after 16 months. My travels were military spouse or family related and never overseas. It is very similar to my taking part in Ancestry DNA. I was hoping in a way for something different but instead found it to be exactly as my family has always said. Although my DNA really got around!   :thumbup:   

Mary Ann

Patricia, we stopped at the Worthington Glacier so I know it wasn't that. Columbia sounds familiar, but I really did not catch the name.  I had thought it was a long name starting with the letter M.  I wrote that it was the Mendendorp (sp?) but Jim told me that glacier was elsewhere.  All I can tell you is that if you are in Prince William Sound facing Valdez, the glacier is to the left.  I think it is Standard Oil that is to the right.  If this does not make sense, forget it because I'm not going back to find out!  Thanks for the names of the glaciers in the area.

We have been at 35 degrees all day, but with the sun shining, it has been much more pleasant.  At 5:50 pm, it is dark out and the door is closed.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I hope Larry is feeling better real soon.

FlaJean

After several warm rainy days, yesterday and today have been sunny but cooler.  I'm glad the holidays are over and things are back to our usual routine.  What can I say—-Larry and I seem to thrive on a fairly boring life.  I think we have adjusted to being "older".

I sure hope Larry Hanna will get his rest today and begin feeling better.  Today my niece had one of those tests on Facebook about how many places you had traveled and lived.  I've been to 46 states, lived in four different states plus a foreign country and a US territory and I've had 6 driving licenses (had to do a driving road and parking test in 3 of them). Maybe that is why I like having a quiet routine.

BUT I've never been on a cruise!  Been on lots of ferries in my lifetime, and really enjoyed riding the ferry in Washington state just a couple of years ago.  I think our traveling days are over.

Hope everyone will have a good year.  Love reading all the posts.

angelface555

If you wonder what I mean by my PSP classes, here are five that I turned in today, and also posted here.   https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=147553

Jean, you are another traveler and I certainly wish I could do it over again but better! I've also been to 46 states lived in seven states, Alaska, Colorado, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, (Briefly in Jack's Beach); and often gone through British Columbia, Canada and three day trips into Mexico from San Antonio, Texas. Since I lived in Alaska for eight years before it went from a US territory to a state, may I include a territory?  :-\: :)  ;)

angelface555

Did I say the Interior was cold?!? :ghostface:

Special Weather Statement
Weather Updated: Jan 06 3:59PM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For Middle Tanana Valley, Alaska

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 6PM AKST SUN ...VERY COLD ACROSS THE EASTERN INTERIOR THROUGH TUESDAY... NORTHERN ALASKA WILL REMAIN MAINLY VERY COLD THROUGH TUESDAY, AND REMAIN BELOW NORMAL THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK. THE EASTERN INTERIOR VALLEYS CURRENTLY RANGE FROM 25 TO 50 BELOW, WHILE THE HILLS AND CLOUDY AREAS ARE IN THE ZERO TO 15 BELOW RANGE. A FEW LOW LYING VALLEY LOCATIONS OF THE INTERIOR SUCH AS TOK HAVE SEEN NEAR 50 BELOW TODAY. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO MODERATE TO BETWEEN ZERO AND 30 BELOW LATE TUESDAY AS A BROAD AREA OF CLOUDS MOVE OVER THE EASTERN INTERIOR.

FlaJean

Patricia, BRRRR!  Do you remember what it was like when Alaska became a state?  How did your parents feel about it.  According to Google it was Jan. 3, 1959, but I don't even remember reading about it.

Our high tomorrow afternoon will be 68F and Tues. 70F.  —-then back down to high 50s. ☹️

shirleyn

Good evening you all.  It has been a very pleasant week-end for me – my son and daughter-in-law came to visit me late Saturday afternoon & stayed overnight, leaving around noon today.  What a nice surprise.  They took us out for a brunch this morning & thankfully I felt well enough to go & enjoy. Tomorrow is my last dose of Prednisone, so we will see how I feel without it.  I am sure I have been feeling so good because of it.

Mary Ann, I remember reading about your trips with Tom.  You took some very interesting trips and I was glad you were able to have a traveling companion.

Larry, we do not do much socializing any more either.  Either our friends have moved away, or passed on, or have gone into their own minds.  As one gets into the 80's and on up this happens, as so often others have mentioned in here.

Sandy, thanks for the well wishes & I wish you the best with your Bone Man Monday.

Marilyne, the Hawaiian cruise is one that hubby would really like to have gone on.  But I think it is too late for us now.

Linedancer, thanks for the prayers – much appreciated.  Good to see you still in here.  The last few times I have come in to see everyone, I had missed you.

Angelface, I had not heard that about the first Americans to the camps being Japanese.  Their people being in our camps was another bad note in our history.

Oh dear, I just read about Larry.  I sincerely hope he is doing better by now & hope to see him back here tomorrow.  I always enjoy his posts.

Oh, Oh, this has become way too long again.  So I will sign off for now & hope everyone had as nice a day as I had.

shirleyn.
(~_~)

angelface555

I was seven years old, (My birthday was at the end of July); and my maternal great-aunt, parents, and elder cousins were part of the territory's statehood committee, so I was aware of events. When statehood was announced they dyed the Chena river gold and the entire town was one huge party. Up until then,  the military was in charge.

Hawaii became a state in August 1959.

Hi Shirleyn! What a nice family visit you had and I hope you still feel better without the Prednisone.

MarsGal

Oh, Oh! I must pass this on to my sister. My Mom's Mom was a Clapham. Mom had said that her family had come from just across the border in England, and in fact, there is a Clapham Creek near the Welsh/English border. She had also said there was family in Yorkshire, though she never had any contact with them. Our Aunt TaBitha lived in London when we visited, but I have no idea if she came from a family branch that stayed in London. Mom never talked of a Clapham in London. Something to look into, isn't it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapham_Sect  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapham I am still looking into how the original land came to be named Clapham, but it wasn't (and still is) uncommon to name a founding town or homestead after the family that began it all.

It's not 'quite' as cold as Fairbanks here. The temp is showing 28oF. The weather forecast is calling for it to get up to 53o tomorrow, then it will be back down to daylight temps in the 30s for at least four days.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  This is our third beautiful and sunny day.  It is 44 right now but we have an expected high of 67.  I am happy to write this morning that I am feeling like my old self.  Late yesterday afternoon it was like a wave passed over me and I knew things were looking up.  I have had spells like the last three days from time to time although this last one of three days may have been the worst.  So I will enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow.  I have three errands to run this morning which will not take very long.  The rest of the day is free. I did watch a lot of college basketball and some of the pro football games yesterday.

It is interesting to read about where many of you have traveled over the years.  Most of my travel to others States has occurred from one location where we lived back to Missouri to visit family.  I can recall only one vacation when the kids were in their teens and that was to the Black Hills in South Dakota and then to Denver.  I did quite a bit of business traveling over the years. 

I did write a fairly long post here yesterday but it disappeared.  I am trying to be so careful to check after posting by scrolling down to see if another message has posted.  If I see the empty posting box I know it has posted but apparently I forgot to do that yesterday. 

Jeanne, I did see the picture of your great grand childen.  Nice looking youngsters. 

Patricia, I did read most of the article about the skeptic Instant Pot user. I expect many folks have shared the ladies doubts when first starting to use it.  Is there any way you can block out the cold air coming in around your patio window? I would be terribly uncomfortable with the temperature in the upper sixties.  Too bad you can't control your own heat level in your apartment.

Joy, it appears if you go back to an earlier page the message disappears.  I have had that happen several times.  I have attended a couple of family events over the years held in a community all and that makes a nice place to meet.  We used to do the Chinese auctions with gift exchanges but usually followed the twice traded gifts and then the person one the third switch got to keep the item.  Sorry you football team lost their game yesterday.  It ended up being pretty close. 

Mary Ann, nice to see you and Dot were able to make it to Church yesterday and go out to eat.  You weren't saying it had gotten down to minus 22 degrees yesterday morning were you? I am "up and attem" today. 

Callie, those kind of long lunches were something we used to do with our lunch bunch after Church and always enjoyed them.  Trusts also didn't have to be probated in Missouri and my folks used Trusts which made settling their estate very easy for my sister.  We saw a lawyer when we moved to South Caroline and he advised us that probate costs are small in this State and that we wouldn't gain much by having a trust. 

I thank you all for your expressions of concern. I am always concerned, regardless of past experience, that these very down times I have will one day not end and that they might become a way of life. 

Jean, it looks like we are having similar weather.  Enjoyable isn't it.  I do remember when Alaska became a State as that was the year I graduated from High School. 

Shirley, nice you had the unexpected visit from your son and DIL.  They probably didn't let you know in advance so you wouldn't be worrying about meals or things.  Glad you were feeling up to going to brunch.

Mary Ann

Larry, it is good to hear that you are feeling better today. No, that minus sign was not by the 22 degrees.  Today at 8 am when I got up our temperature was 32 degrees and now at 10:15 is 35.  Tom just came in from driving and said driving wasn't bad yet, but radar showed rain in the area and some mix north of us.  It's January and I've often said if I can get through January and February, I can handle to rest of the year. 

Larry, much of my early travel was from home to Illinois to visit Mother's sisters.  Every three or four years we'd go to Minnesota to visit Dad's brother and family, stopping in Wisconsin to visit cousins.  After Dad retired, we started taking trips elsewhere - out west two or three times, Canada north of Lake Superior, Kentucky, Indiana (Mother's middle sister moved there).  One year we went on the PA Turnpike and coming back we went to Wellsburg WV where I was born and Dad showed me the house where I was born.  I haven't been back that way since, but Jackwv who posts in Photos and Videos, lives in Wheeling, not far from Wellsburg. 

I often feel I am not well traveled, but reading about others travels, I realize I'm more so than a lot of people.  One year during WWII two neighbor girls and I went to Chicago to see the boyfriend of one of them.  It was the first time they had been out of Michigan.  We were probably 20 years at the time and I had been out of the state every year.  Of course, their relatives were all in Michigan and none of mine were.

MarsGal, rumor has it that some of my ancestors were from Yorkshire but I've never been able to find them.  On my mother's side, most of my ancestors were from England and I have info on them, also none in Wales - another rumor.  I don't do as much hunting as I used to and if anyone in the family is interested, I'll let them look.  By that time, I will maybe have met those ancestors - in another life!  But genealogy is fun and it's been interesting to trace back - or be given name - just to see who my ancestors were.  Good luck in your search.

I remember when both Alaska and Hawaii became States, but I could not have told you the year, nor did I realize both became States the same year.  I did know Alaska was first and Hawaii was #50.

Shirley, it is good to see your post that you are feeling better (the other Shirley doesn't post here and if she does, I'll add the 'n' to your name).

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Good morning from rain soaked Northern California.  We finally got some measurable rain, which is so very welcome here. A little over two inches here, in the foothills, but not as much in the flatlands.  It's the first storm we have had in a year, that was more than just a light sprinkle. It was very windy yesterday, so we lost power a couple of times.  Fortunately it was a warm rain (in the mid fifties) so we didn't suffer without heat.

Larry - I'm pleased to see your message this morning!  I thought about you a number of times yesterday, and it's good to know that you're feeling much better today.  I'm sure you will be watching the Clemson/Alabama game tonight?  It will be held here in the South Bay Area, at the Levi Stadium, which is the official San Francisco 49er stadium. AJ is looking forward to it, and although I'm not a football fan, I'm sure I'll be watching it off and on too. It's still very wet here this morning, but the rain is predicted to clear out completely before the game, which is a good thing! 

I will return later to say hello.  Good to see so many posts here this morning!

SCFSue

I'll be watching the Clemson/Alabama game and pulling for Clemson (although they were and are the biggest rival of my alma mater, the U. of South Carolina.)  Our oldest son got his PhD from Clemson and we went up for the ceremony.  It's a lovely campus and the day was beautiful as the ceremony was outside.

Go Clemson Tigers!
Sue

FlaJean

Larry, so glad you are feeling better.  We are also having a beautiful day.  I have been slow to adjust to the difference between this weather and our weather in Ocala (which is north central Florida).  Our daughter said it rained a lot here in the Pan Handle.  At least we don't have to worry about drought.  We had several bad droughts in our 28 years in Ocala and on a number of occasions were only allowed to water once or twice a week.  But today I am enjoying the sunshine.

Mary Ann, when we moved to Illinois, it was after living for three years in the mild climate of Kenitra, Morocco.  What a big adjustment!.  That winter the apartment super came around to tell everyone to leave the cupboard doors open as the temp was going to be 20 below 0.  The pipes still froze and someone came around with a blow torch and warmed up the pipes in the kitchen.  Quite exciting for a southern girl who had never been in really cold weather.  I can remember bundling my two preschoolers so they could play outside in the snow for a half hour or so.  We lived in a little town called Zion—such a friendly place, but I never liked all the ice and snow in winter and there was plenty of both.

Hope everything goes well with you, Shirley, as you get off the prednisone.  Glad that you were able to feel well enough for your son and daughter-in-law's Visit.

Mary Ann

Jean, I have a distant relative who lives in Zion IL.  She is the granddaughter of a second cousin and we are both into genealogy, which is why we are connected.  We only exchange Christmas cards these days; I have never met her or her grandparents - and probably never will!  JeanneP can tell you what Illinois weather is like these days and she isn't crazy about it.

Everyone seems to be having good weather today, except us.  It is raining with a mix expected, however, with our temperature at 35 degrees, I'm not too worried about the mix.  I don't have to go anywhere today anyway, but I hope things are better tomorrow when I get my hair cut. 

Marilyn, I'm happy you are getting some rain and it will help replenish the reservoirs.

Mary Ann 

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone... 

I am back home now after a visit with my bone man
regarding  the problems with my shoulder.   He gave me
a good checkup and felt that the problem could be solved
with a steroid shot to the shoulder  and care by me when
helping it get back to "normal" ... 

He gives good shots,  where ever the need.   I just love
my bone man...   He is so strong and caring when
manipulating my bones that have a problem.      If this doesn't
get better in a few weeks then I will have to have an MRI
to determine the problem.     He doesn't think that an MRI
will be necessary ...

So I feel better now that the apparent problem will
be solved in time.   

Larry,  glad that you are feeling better today. 
And best wishes to everyone else on this very cold
but sunny day.  I understand that more bad weather
is forthcoming .... 

:thumbup:
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Good morning from a frozen minus forty Interior! While we are to warm up by ten degrees in a couple of days, we aren't expecting to see anything on the plus scale until the thirteenth. At least it isn't like the nineties and before when these lows would linger for about three weeks.

I have no plans to go anywhere, and I'm sitting on the couch in a blanket with the space heater sitting on a chair right in front of me. When I was younger and working I was out and about so was acclimated and wasn't bothered by the cold. These days I stay in!

I feel sorry for the smokers who need to go off property to smoke. You see them traveling by car or by foot in warmer weather to the parking lot across the street. Although I know, there are people smoking in their apartments. You travel by, and the smell is in the hallway.

MarsGal, that was very interesting about the Clapham Society. I see they were very influential and started many other like-minded groups.

Larry, I'm glad to see you posting and feeling better again! Our family visits were to Northern California, Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. With the distance involved, those trips averaged out every ten years or so. I do recall the excitement when my maternal grandparents made a two-week trip to see us from Montrose, Colorado in 1967.

Both of my maternal Irish grandparents were outspoken, not afraid to speak their mind. My grandfather at 5'7" could in a pithy speech, without a swear word, let you know exactly what he thought. I have seen salesmen, and door to door evangelicals take one look and flee!

I have the floor length vertical blinds closed, but they help with light and not air. We lost our private ownership due to tariffs and the only one willing to buy seven buildings was the state.

MaryAnn and Jean, I had an aunt and uncle who we used to visit in Chicago. It was where I first saw one of the great lakes on that visit. After retirement, they purchased a motor home and spent several years touring and being volunteer campground hosts.

Morocco had to have been an experience! Did you learn to bargain and visit the Souks? The only ideas I have come from suspense thillers set in the country, but I would have loved to see it at one time!

Sandy, I'm glad you saw the "boneman," and got some shoulder help. I hope his estimate is correct!

I saw in my weather report that a big winter storm is expected for the South and Midwest so I hope everyone stays snug and warm!

JeanneP

Welcome Back Larry. Glad feeling better. It seem like these 3 day sicknesses get us and then go away. For me I think the time of year and the weather is the thing that does it.
This time of year is the worst time for me. I cut down on walking. Seem to eat more and also sleep to much.
Last 3 days been in the 40s/low 50. Sun out. Felt 10 years younger. Now today. Dreary colder and raining. Not even showered and dressed yet. I have to as out of some groceries.

Fla Jean. Now I am getting like you. I can go for days and not see or talk to anyone. Stay home. Enjoy doing things. I also glad the holidays over. In away I am glad that my family are all so many miles away. I turn down invites. Not into Airports or traveling
I have promised myself that I will get to getting back to things this year as family think I should. Keep telling them that I enjoy my way of living and don't miss all the running around like I use to do. Done lots of traveling. I don't think I want to go to many places overseas anymore. Just take a ship if going to UK. will look into that soon. Until then. Wait for Spring. Read some good books. Take walks. Eat good food. Watch Health and keep singing.
JeanneP

JeanneP

MaryAnn.  doesn't work. In the old way the E-Mail would show right under POST. Doesn't do anything. Now mine will show up only  when I go into my own Profile.
I still am going crazy having to go down to read the last post in a forum. One could always just clik on NEW. and bring you to last one you read. No I can clik NEW and sometimes open me up in 2007/08 ..   
I still have not changed everything over to my new W10 computer.  Just need to get things that are giving me trouble on this one.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Jeanne, I am sorry things are not working for you.  When I click to get onto S&F, the menu of folders comes up and I click on one to read, maybe reply to something, click on "Recent Unread Topics" to get the menu again and when I've finished reading the folders I want to read, I click on "Mark All Folders Read" and that is it.  It doesn't do any good to moan about what used to work because things have changed and probably will change again some day.  You'll just have to practice to get a routine and stick to it to get to the folders you like.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

I think I've mentioned that there are only 25 members left of our high school graduating class of 77 years ago - 250+ grads.  One woman has kept track of us and writes a yearly letter to keep in touch.  Of course, we're all in our mid-90s.  Today I received a letter from her, as did all who are still alive, telling about one of our grads who won a National Championship in shot put and discus sports.  She is 95 and lives in Odin IL.  Maybe that is our claim to fame.  My right shoulder would prevent me from competing, for one thing, but my general condition probably would too.

Sandy, I had a cortisone shot in my right shoulder and the effect did not last long so I hope if that is what you get that it does some good and lasts longer.

A couple of days ago I had some cereal and milk in a certain bowl and I gave Kendrick the milk I had left over.  Today I had more of the cereal (I have to get rid of the milk before it turns) in a similar bowl and Kendrick nearly camped out at my feet while I was eating the cereal.  I think he recognized the bowl and decided he might get more milk.  He does not get milk on a regular basis because we usually don't have any in the house, however, if I have some left, I'd rather give it to him than throw it away.

The last time I mentioned Grand Haven, it was smooth, but now the wind has kicked up and there are many whitecaps.  I looked at the Soo and it is snowing there. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Shirley - Good to see a nice long message from you, and sounds  like you're feeling much better. The overnight visit from your son and dil, was probably good for you.  It always raises my spirits when our son and his wife come over - or when our older daughter drives 130 miles and stays for a couple of days.  Like you, we have very few friends who are still here, and the few left, are now living far from us.   

Sue and Larry - About two hours left before the football game starts tonight. It looks like the weather tonight will be dray and rather warm for this time of year.  It's cloudy and overcast right now, but the temperature  is still sitting at exactly 60 degrees here. 
We will also be rooting for Clemson! :cheer:  Alabama has had more than their share of victories, so it would be great to see another team shine for a change.

Mary Ann - I haven't looked at any of the webcams since before the weekend, so don't know who is coming or going?  Tomorrow I hope that things will get back to normal here, and I can resume my usual boring routine!

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I saw the tail-end of the Cason Calloway go through the Soo a few minutes ago and the only ship that was supposed to leave Duluth hadn't by the time I checked so as far as I am concerned, there was nothing going on there.  It is snowing at the Soo, but not at Duluth. 

I don't watch football, so won't watch whatever game or games is on.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another clear and beautiful day here in South Carolina with an expected high of 71 degrees. The only thing I have to do today is go to Walmart in a few minutes to pick up an online grocery order and get a prescription for Pat.  We might go to Ruby Tuesdays for our main meal today as they have their $5 hamburger and fries offer until 3 pm.  I was pleased this morning to read that the  Clemson University football team had become the National Champions by beating Alabama rather handily last night.  I watched the first half of the game but it had started late and I didn't want to stay up until 11:30 or after to finish the game.

I am running a bit late this morning so will go ahead an post this and then come back after my trip to Walmart.

larryhanna

I'm back from my quick outing to Walmart. 

Mary Ann, it was nice you could take those fine trips with you dad after he retired. 

Marilyne, glad to see you finally got some rain.  We have had plenty for now and these sunny days are much appreciated.  It has been some season for Clemson and I just heard it has been quite a few years with a team to go unbeaten.  They have a great young freshman quarterback and a coach that is well liked and respected by his players and appreciated by the fans. They should have a great team again next year. 

Sue, I pull for both Clemson and South Carolina as well as Georgia. 

Jean, I remember that for several years Georgia went through severe droughts also with water rationing to the extreme.  It sure hasn't been a problem this year.  I remember having to leave our faucets dripping and the cabinet doors open.  Here I don't even have a water shutoff valve on the outside faucets and know our pipes are not buried very deep.  We lived in Springfield, Illinois for 15 months many years ago and I can still recall some of the cold winter weather. 

Sandy, that sounds like good news on your shoulder and so much better than having to have surgery. I hope your shoulder is soon feeling better. 

Patricia, I read you were in the minus forty range and I suddenly felt cold.  Glad you can stay in and I hope reasonably warm. 

JeanneP, these three day episodes I have are not really sickness just extreme exhaustion and I have experienced the same type of thing over the last several years.  This last one was the worst I can remember.  I will be happy if I don't ever have to fly again and road trips are now out of the question.  Short trips around this area is enough for both Pat and I.

Joy

Good morning. I see it is still morning.

I was up early and finally did some exercises.  I am hoping to try to keep it up each morning. Hoping that will give me some energy.    I was doing well when the PT was coming, but, sadly, I did not keep up with the exercises they had given me, like I should.  Just so hard to get motivated.

Larry, I am so happy to read that you are feeling better.  I still have not got around to using my Instant Pot.  I have so many little odds and ends that I wand to get taken care of. 

I did manage to get most of the Christmas decorations put back and now need to do a little cleaning and straightening up. 

Sandy, happy that you were pleased with what the bone doctor did for you. Hope that will give you some long-lasting relief.

Shirley n,  I am glad you are feeling better, also.  Just keep thinking positive thoughts. 

I need to get on with my day.  I will be playing cards this evening. Haven't played since Christmas, so It will be nice to get back to that routine.  I think our group of 4 will all be there tonight.  One lady had been away,  but she is back and anxious to play.  (Even tho we are usually on the losing side. LOL)

Hope all the friends will have a good day.  It is sunny right now, but I did hear we might be getting some snow later in the week.  Hope it doesn't amount to much.

Joy
BIG BOX

SCFSue

Woo Hoo!  Clemson won--and big!  We Auburn fans were all rooting for Clemson (even me a South Carolina grad!  Clemson was our biggest rival in those days.).  It's about time Alabama got their come-uppence!  (my spell check says this is not a word--but I LIKE it!)

I hope this means that Coach Saban will now rest on his laurels and RETIRE!

Sue

angelface555

Good morning from, "We're having a heat wave at minus 24!" Interior!

Our boilers went out overnight, and the maintenance workers have been working on a solution since five this morning. So all of us, unshowered, and unkempt waited in the first-floor common room where they had three space heaters keeping everyone warm.

It's now 9:21 and the heat is back on.

Mary Ann

Oh, Patricia, what a time for the boilers to go out.  I'm glad to hear things are working again and your "cooler than desired" heat probably feels rather good. 

Mary Ann