Random Image

Beauty Reflected

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 09:32:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Yesterday at 01:46:51
junee: Bubble

Yesterday at 01:46:39
junee: b

2024-05-02, 00:44:41
Oldiesmann: Relevant links can be found in topics in the Homemaking, Food & Garden board. I'll see about moving them over to articles here when I get a chance.

2024-05-02, 00:07:54
Oldiesmann: Found them. They're on the CP site: https://www.christianphotographers.com/recipes/recipeindex.html

2024-05-01, 23:57:58
Oldiesmann: I'm not finding anything related to recipes on the site. I'll do some digging through the Internet Archive and see if I can dig them up. It's possible that got lost in the big server crash back in 2016

2024-05-01, 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

Follow That Name

Started by Kelly, March 29, 2016, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Abraham Woodhull, leading member of the Culper Spy Ring in NY during the American Revolution, and held magistracy posts after the war.

Amy

Abraham A Ribicoff

Influential Senator from Connecticut who served for nearly 20 years, involving himself in debates over national affairs like Vietnam.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

The obvious   Abraham Lincoln

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

MarsGal

JaneS

Amy

Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore was an Irish poet, satirist, composer, singer and close friend of Lord Byron.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MarsGal

Thomas Sowell, economist, social theorist, columnist.

Amy

Dave Thomas

Television Personality, Chef (1932–2002)

Dave Thomas is best known for founding the Wendy's hamburger restaurant chain. He became the company's TV spokesman in 1989.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Dave Coulier from Full House

MarsGal

Dave Barry, author,columnist. Best known for his works of humor and parody.

Amy

Barry Manilow

Barry Manilow is an American singer-songwriter, arranger, musician and producer with a career that has spanned more than 50 years. His hit recordings include "Could It Be Magic", "Mandy", "I Write the Songs" "Can't Smile Without You", and "Copacabana
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Barry Goldwater, five-term Senator fron Arizona, author, amateur radio operator.

JaneS

Gene Barry of Bat Masterson and Burke's Law fame.  2 of my favorie shows

Amy

Chuck Berry

Charles Edward Anderson Berry was an American singer, songwriter, and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. With songs such as "Maybellene", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Rock and Roll Music" and "Johnny B. Goode",
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Barry Bostwick, American TV and Film actor

Amy

Barry Goldwater Jr.

Barry Morris Goldwater, Jr. is a former Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from California, serving from 1969–1983. He is the son of Barry Goldwater, U.S. Senator from Arizona and Republican Party presidential nominee in 1964.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Maryanne Trump Barry, sister of Pres. Trump and former Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Amy

Barry Goldwater

Barry Morris Goldwater was a businessman and five-term United States Senator from Arizona and the Republican Party's nominee for president in the 1964 election.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Don "Red" Barry earned the nickname Red when he starred in the first Red Ryder movie'

MarsGal

John Leonard Goldwater along with two others founded MLJ Comics, later known as Archie Comics.
He was mentioned three times in this round.

JaneS

How does that fit?  I'm confused!

MarsGal

Sorry Jane, I thought you were referencing someone earlier, not adding a new name,

SO

Don Adams, actor/comedian nee: Donald James Yarmy

JaneS

Samuel Adams...one of our founding fathers.

Sorry MarsGal, my "bold" key was misbehaving so I stopped trying to get it to work.  I see where it could have been misunderstood.

MarsGal

Samuel Pepys, was a member of Parliament and Chief Secretary to the Admiralty. His private diary, which he kept for 10 years was not published until about 150 years later. It is considered primary source material for events that include the Great Plague of London and the Great Fire of London among other events.

Jane, I never knew who played Red Ryder. I think I saw a movie or two in the Red Ryder series and some of the other later ones, like Rio Lobo, but I would not have recognized him.

Amy

Samuel Morse

Samuel Finley Breese Morse, OIC (April 27, 1791 – April 2, 1872) was an American painter and inventor. After having established his reputation as a portrait painter, in his middle age Morse contributed to the invention of a single-wire telegraph system based on European telegraphs.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Samuel Barclay Beckett, Irish playwright, novelist, theater director, poet.

Amy, Morse developed the code that telegraphers used to send message, and to this day Amateur Radio Operators all over the world use it. If communications are down because a disaster, look for an amateur radio operator. Part of the Amateur Radio mandate is to help provide communications in disasters. When conditions are so bad that voice can't get through, Morse code often does. It also eliminates misunderstandings due to bad conditions, accents and poor enunciation. The government in its wisdom dropped the knowledge of Morse code for one low level license, but as far as I know it is still required knowledge to pass the licensing tests for the higher levels. The top level, if I remember correctly, is to send and receive 25 words a minute. That is fast.

Amy

Barclay Edmund Tremaine

A lawyer, judge and political figure  in Nova Scotia Canada

Thank you MarsGal, that was interesting to know.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Edmund Fitzgerald, the man for whom the SS Edmund Fitzgerald was named, was chairman of the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company. His grandfather, William, was a famous shipbuilder, and his son Edmund B. Fitzgerald founded the Milwaukee Brewers.

JaneS

And then there's John Fitzgerald Kennedy and who doesn't know who he is?

MarsGal

Augustus Edwin John, painter, etcher, draughtsman, made the cover of Time Magazine in 1928 when he was Britain's leading portrait painter. Among those he painted: Tallulah Bankhead, T. E. Lawrence (aka: Lawrence of Arabia), Dylan Thomas, W. B. Yeats.