Random Image

Twins

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:04:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

I had already sent Junee a PM wishing her a happy birthday...just hope she pops in and finds it, but just in case i shall do it again...I believe in Sydney Australia it is already her birthday today, so..

...wishing you a very Happy Birthday Junee...i hope you are enjoying your special day...
" There is no present like the time "

CallieOK

Miss Ellen called about 2:00 to say she was just leaving the bridesmaid luncheon, which was held "just around the corner" from me -  and would be here in a few minutes. Surprise! :smitten:
She's a busy gal while she's here but I think I will get to see her again before she leaves.

She left about 20 minutes ago so I had to rewind to find the ships coming under the Port Huron bridge one at a time.  Don't see a "gathering' out on the lake so I may have mis-read the post about the parade.
Quite a boatload of people on each of the ones that went by!

I think Junee was in the USA several times traveling with Whimsy (Sally).  They came to Oklahoma during one trip and stayed with GinnieB and her daughter.  Helona and I joined them for a typical southern/Okie dinner with fried okra, Hush Puppies and chicken fried steak.  Junee provided Marmite. I think we each thought the same about the other's contributions  :buck2:    ;) 

Thanks for the reminder about her birthday.  I hope she does check in.

RAMMEL

Quote from: Marilyne on August 09, 2019, 12:32:46 AM.................

RICK - Yes, we do have a Smart TV, but I've never watched any YouTube on it.  I'll have to figure out how to get it, as I would like to watch the ships.  It never occurred to me until you mentioned it.    Mostly we just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime, and all the other usual programing.  Sorry about your serious eye problem!  Laser surgery sounds like serious stuff!  Is the pressure caused from glaucoma? I think the glaucoma is a result of letting the pressure go untreated. Luckily the Doc said there is no damage yet. The laser work should be quick and he said it is fairly common. Done in his office and I can drive home after it. Fingers crossed. I'm going to take a look at Night City Jazz, when I sign out tonight. 

My TV is a Samsung and the remote has a "Home" icon which shows the viewing options available. 
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

angelface555

I may be wrong but I believe Junee left Norm's B&T because of Michael's forum changes and couldn't sign in. I hope I'm wrong.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I don't know if that's why we haven't heard from Junee in a long time, but I haven't seen any posts from her in any of the folders.  The older we get, the harder it is to accept changes and I'm reaching that point!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

I believe Junee is looking in but maybe she cant figure out how to make a posting...

Date registered: March 29, 2016, 05:08:44 Local Time:August 10, 2019, 02:33:55 Last active: Today at 05:53:37

so_P_bubble

From June

I wanted to post in Seniors and Friends but am not able to follow the new way even tho I can read messages from friends that still post there.  My print is too small for me to forward same.

It is a milestone to turn 97 and CALLIE, I remember so well my travels with Whimsy.  GinnieB was the first person I ever corresponded with and what a wonderful night it was in OKLAHOMA  and remember so well meeting you,GinnieB and HELONA in Calgary and Montreal.

Thank goodness I made those trips when I was able and built up a great memory bank to look back on.

So many I wish to send messages to .

Vanilla Jackie  You are often in my thoughts andknow of your sadness but you are stronger than you think, and may each new day help you on your way.

MARY ANN, yes I specially asked Whimsy to make a trip through Grand Haven and remember that visit well as Pat Scott came down there too with Geordieand we walked the pier.  She also was accompanied by a member from Traverse city who I had met
In Calgary but have forgotten her name.  I know she died not long after that.  How is Dot?  I appreciate reading of her in your messages at times.

MarsGal I remember you from Seniors Learn but think we both had different names then (I was waafer).

I have had a great day with messages from far and wide and beautiful flowers.

BUBBLE. I was so interested in your recent time away with your daughter and to know you have been able to travel. Am sure you are appreciated in S & F.   

I have got used to the ways in Aged Care
But all my Air Force friends have pre deceased me and so many
Cyber friends are now gone. 

Keep well and I will try to send this mornings photo. 

June

Vanilla-Jackie

Junee...
...sorry you are struggling to post but happy to know you can still catch up with reading our posts...

MarsGal

It is great to hear from you again Junee. A Very Happy Birthday to you.

Mary Ann, the parade is to begin around 3pm Eastern today. Rather late in the afternoon, yesterday, the NAO Santa Maria finally came in off the lake. The other tall ships were busy giving people rides out to the lake and back. I was watching some of the smaller sail boats trying mightily to buck the current to get to the lake; some seemed to barely make any headway, but they eventually got there. A few came into the river with their sails up. One especially was being blown almost over on its side. I thought for sure it was going to end up dipping the sail into the river.

It is cool enough to open the windows this morning (620F) and will get to around 83o this afternoon.

Yesterday, my neighbor had a tree service come in and cut out the dead wood from their maple that was by their driveway. They had this very neat bucket machine on treads that they operated from a remote control. Too bad I didn't think to take pictures. Unfortunately, they had it parked in my yard do to the work and had my driveway blocked. (they did say they knocked on my door, but I didn't hear them) Because of it I had to leave later than I wanted to to get groceries. When they cleared the way, I was able to get out, but when I got back they had my driveway blocked again. They were done, but had stopped to have a break before going onto the next job. Their lovely machine contraption left a big dent in my front yard, but since it was actually where there is already a depression, still sinking, from where I had a tree taken out several years ago, I am not upset. Most of it was not in an area that I had already filled in. I am not planning on putting in more fill and planting clover until September sometime.

Lawn mowing this morning. Ugh!   

Mary Ann

Junee, the woman from Traverse City was Katie Sturz.  I was supposed to meet her one day but she called to say she had tooth trouble.  It was found out then that she had Stage 4 cancer (not in the tooth, but maybe her lungs?).  I talked to her after that to tell her how sorry I was to miss her and she died not too long after that.  A wonderful woman and friend.  She had a son with ALS and he has died since too. 

I wish I knew how to show you how to get into S&F.  My problem isn't S&F so much as Windows 10 and Firefox upgrades.  I have all I can do to keep up with both of those.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

JUNEE - How nice to see your message here this morning!  Especially because it's your birthday today, and we're all thinking about you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
 :happybday:  :wave2:

FlaJean

Happy Birthday, Junee!  🎂🎶🎶🎶🎶

Already 90 degrees here.  Think I will be staying in the air conditioning.

Mary Ann

Thanks, MarsGal, I'll be looking at Port Huron about 3 pm (I'm in the Eastern time zone). 

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Thanks, Marsgal. I think I'll start checking at 2:00 since I'm in the Central Time Zone.

So happy to see a message and picture from Junee.  She looks as "perky" as ever!

Happy Memories of time spent with Senior Net friends at those Bashes and in person.

Helona, GinnieB and I met a lot of Senior Net friends as they travelled through OKC.  Being at the crossroads of 3 interstates meant we could meet almost anywhere that was convenient for them.

angelface555

Good morning from a sodden Interior. In the past three weeks, we've had over ten inches, with ten being our entire year's default. Now while rivers are running at bank full with sweepers, debris and lots of erosion, we have a new weather report warning us of  "
Special Weather Statement
Weather Updated: Aug 10 6:09AM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For Middle Tanana Valley, Alaska
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 6PM AKDT SAT ...POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY RAINFALL MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY... A WEATHER SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO MOVE FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE INTERIOR MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY. THIS SYSTEM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING ANOTHER ROUND OF HEAVY RAINFALL TO THE REGION. THE EXACT PRECIPITATION AMOUNT OF PRECIPITATION EXPECTED WITH THIS SYSTEM IS STILL UNCLEAR AT THE MOMENT; HOWEVER, THE RAINFALL WILL LIKELY CAUSE RISES IN AREA RIVERS AND STREAMS. IN ADDITION, THIS PRECIPITATION HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CAUSE ROCK AND MUDSLIDES IN DENALI NATIONAL PARK."

In 1967, it rained in the same fashion, and we had a flood that inundated the Valley with high water eight to ten inches high on city buildings. To put that in perspective, the Tanana Valley is a watershed and covers 1.81 acres. Most of that acreage is either forested or lowland marsh along the rivers or plateaus of granite, quartz and iron pyrite. That next year they built a series of dams and spillways just outside of town.

I was also reading in Euronews that while France, Greece, and Germany have had serious fires the past two years, similar to Arctic regions, now they have serious damages and deaths from tornados, rains, and flooding. Certain US politicians are now saying Climate Change is calculated fake news. But then some of them even state that the sound of windmills causes cancer.

Denver

A Good Saturday HELLO to all.

It is a lazy Saturday for us as we are feeling under the weather with some kind of bug we must have picked up.  We were to drive to Laramie Wyoming today to attend the celebration of life of my cousin.  Sadly, I had to call her daughter this morning to tell her we just can not make it

JUNEE, HAPPYY BELATED 97th BIRTHDAY to you.  how nice to see a message from you and to see your picture.  Thank you, BUBBLE.  It is great to hear from you and you look as great as ever. 

MARY ANN, I think you and Tom are both blessed to have each other.  Your arrangement seems to be just perfect.  You mentioned Katie....anther wonderful lady that is missed so much. 

JACKIE, we had a wonderful second hand store that we used to give things to when we lived in Arizona.  It was called Four Paws, and all of the mines from sales when to animals.  People would donate wonderful things and money to them.  I am so sad you will not be able to see the lady bishop tomorrow.  It just doesn't seem right that there are not more options available for you to be able to get rides to the needed destinations😩😩

PATRICIA, I am sad to see you are having more weather issues to deal wit/.  Stay well and I hope there is not too much damage from the storms. 

JEAN, I see you sure have been having some awfully hot weather down in your part of the world! 

JOY, it appears your "wmart TV" just needs o have the channels programes for your area.  Hope someone can help you do it so you can enjoy your TV.

MARILYNE, I hope AJ continues to feel stronger.  I know you have to be awfully tired....the stress alone of caring for a loved one is quite something.  Hugs!

OK, I must get up and do something...

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, I think your "bug" is that you've been doing too much and it is catching up with you.  All I can suggest is to take it easy for a few days.

I've watched the Port Huron area for the Tall Ship Parade and at 4:30 have seen nothing.  I've seen more power boats than sail boats and maybe one or two that would qualify as "tall" ships.  I wonder if the parade would be Sunday, which seems a more logical day.

In the meantime, I'm watching golf and when I finish here, I'll go back to the ships.  Later on, Kendrick and I will go on the deck and somewhere along there, I'll find something to eat.  Talk about a life of ease!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Sigh! I think it is 3pm Port Huron time, which is what, two or three hours behind me. I haven't seen anything yet either. Moreover, the BoatNerd Cam has been set to look at the bridge all day, so we don't even get to see people milling about the ships and stands. I haven't been watching all day, so if anyone said anything about the tall ship parade today, I didn't see it. Maybe I saw bum information, but I am sure they said Sat. at 3pm. I may check on my tablet in a bit. When checked about a half hour ago, Marine Traffic showed them all still moored. I wish BoatNerd hadn't locked their cam on the bridge.

CallieOK

I haven't seen anything, either, Mary Ann.

Marsgal, I'm on Huron time and was watching early enough to see anything start to happen.  Nothing did.  PH chat didn't mention anything, either and someone there always seems to know what's about to happen.
Boatnerd info  said cam will pan on ships coming by IF there's a cam operator there.  They must all be out on the water today.  ::)

Just read an announcement on the Duluth Harbor site that a Festival of Sails starts there tomorrow (Sunday).  A parade of boats will be between 9 and 11 tomorrow morning..  I can see a Tall Ship  (correction later:  I don't think it's a Tall Ship after all) moored out in the harbor now.

Hmmm.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...no, not long come off the phone to the ladys phone number i was given by the lady vicar who says if anybody knows anybody who can get me to the church it will be her, but she has phoned around and there is no one...this now makes three churches that have let me down...Well looks like i am going to be stuck inside my home for the most of this month of August...talk about being and feeling trapped...This is making me more determined on getting myself out of this mess and moving away from it once this solicitor business is sorted then i guess this place will take its time to sell...another hurdle i must get myself through...So much for churches coming to peoples aid...NOT...I have MS, have no car, have lost my Richard yet i live too far out for anyone to bring me in, or so i am told...yet its not that far, just isolated...I am losing faith in churches, or rather the people that go to them...Yes tomorrow would be a special service with the visiting lady Bishop...and i want to go but i shall be missing it as not one person could volunteer to come collect me......

Mary Ann

Jackie, I know this is easy for me to say, but please have patience.  It may take until your house is sold, but relief will come.  It is too bad that you must handle everything yourself, but things will work out eventually.  As far as church is concerned, is there no radio church program you can listen to?  Or a TV program?  Many denominations have programs.

I, too, waited for the Tall Ship Parade in vain, but I wonder if it would be on Sunday, a much more logical day during a festival.  On one of the Chats I read there was a malfunction in the camera on the Boatnerd site which is why they showed only the area by the bridge.  Looking at the chart for the sites, I found very few Tall Ships.

MarsGal, what time zone are you in?  I thought the Philly area was the same as where I am, also where the ships are on the St Clair River, and Port Huron.  We're in EDT zone.  If you're a couple hours away from that, you might be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  I think Newfoundland and PEI are in the Atlantic Time Zone, but they're far East of the US.  I'm in Michigan, but the other side of the state from the St Clair River which separates the US and Canada.

Kendrick and I went out on the deck but the sun was too high and we did not stay long.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

We hear all sorts of things and we wonder how much is true - I was just in the Port Huron site and a chatter wrote that the ships came out at 3:25 pm yesterday.  I am sure I was watching at that time and there were no ships of any kind in the area.  I'm going to try Duluth tomorrow after church and I also am going to try Port Huron tomorrow afternoon. 

Mary Ann

MarsGal

I kept going back to Port Huron and the Marine Traffic site off and on until after 6pm. I didn't see any of the tall ships out, I am on Eastern time Mary Ann. The Marine Traffic GBS tracking site showed most three or four docked, but the others must have had their GPS off. Too bad the BoatNerd site was locked on the bridge, otherwise we would have seen if they were moored our out. Oh Well. I will check the Duluth site if I have time today. The backyard still needs mowed so I may be out for some of that time.

Weather temp says it is 59o right now. Got nothing of note to report this morning.

Joy

Good morning.  A pretty sunny morning here on the east coast.

It is a little after 8  Eastern daylight time,  and I just looked at the canal cam in Duluth, and it is still a little dark there, but it looks like there are a lot of people lined up sitting in chairs.  So, possibly that is where the parade of boats will be. 

I am going to get some breakfast and will check back while I am eating breakfast.

Hope some of you will see this early enough to watch and see what is going on.

Joy
BIG BOX

angelface555

MarsGal

Mowed the lawn, had lunch and then remembered Duluth. Got there in time to see the magnificent brigantine, Niagara (I think), going in. Marvelous shot of the crowds all along both walkways and the boats,etc. lined up to watch them. BTW, the next Tall Ship Challenge is scheduled at Kingsville, ON from August 16 to 18. Fair Jeanne and Picton Castle will be there, dont know who else. We should be able to catch them on the Marine City cam when they head down the St. Clair.

Okay, just found the Kingsville list. HMCS Oriole, STV Fair Jeanne, Picton Castle, Empire Sandy, Bluenose II, and a Canadian Coast Guard Ship. I see some "live" cams listed for Kingsville, but they all seem to be weather cams that don't stream. Hopefully someone will upload some video to YouTube at some point. I'd like to get a look at HMCS Oriole. We've seen the rest. 

And here I promised myself to stay off the computer the rest of the day. Sigh!

FlaJean

Nothing happenings at the Duluth site, but I see a big ship in the far distance which is probably Tim Dool that is supposed to arrive about 1:30 CDT.

Another hot day here, but I have been busy and very thankful for the AC.  Gigi and Jeff were over earlier for a morning visit.  I had made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this morning so sent home a dozen with them.  They are both looking forward to the first vacation in a couple of weeks that they have had in several years.  Of course that means we have some dog sitting chores coming soon.

Jackie, I am saying a prayer for you.  I feel bad that you are not in an area that would be easier for you to get the help you need in transportation, and friendlier people.  I hope you can find a church or other organization that is more attuned to the needs of others.  Sometimes life can be a real downer but don't give up.  Help could be just around the corner.

Mary Ann, I'm hoping that you are doing your usual with Dot.  I would love a piece of that pie, but I have a couple of nice ripe peaches that Larry and I will enjoy with a cookie.

Marilyne, are things finally getting close to normal for you?  It will take a while for AJ to recover.  I hope he will feel like his old self soon.

Patricia, how are you doing?

I think of you all and trust that everyone is having a good day.

Mary Ann

"Sigh! I think it is 3pm Port Huron time, which is what, two or three hours behind me." MarsGal, this is what you wrote and what confused me.  I think you meant that two or three hours had passed, but I took it to read that Port Huron was in a different time zone.

Tom was able to see the Tall Ships at Duluth and I am now hunting for them.  My computer is playing tricks on me and I want to take a nap. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

MarsGal - I missed all the action this morning on the Canal Cam.  I got there in time, but the cam wouldn't open for me!!  I only got a black screen with three little white lights moving across the screen.  No explanation, but I think maybe the cam was somehow overloaded with viewers and wasn't reaching those of us on the West Coast??  I"m not "high tech" enough to know if that can even happen? (Probably not)

Things are running along fairly well here at home.  Shelley and Claire are still here, and will probably stay until Tuesday or Wednesday. Shelley is such a big help to me.  She's been doing all of the grocery shopping and preparing the meals, and the kitchen clean-up. AJ is doing okay, but it looks like it will be a slow recovery. He's mad at himself because he is not stronger, but it's only been nine or ten days since the surgery.

Mary Ann - I don't see a message from you yet this morning, so I guess you're out with Dot, at church and then to the cholesterol pit?

Hello to all who post here in B&T!  I know I'm missing lots of posts from everyone the past couple of days, but I will eventually catch up.