Random Image

bagpipe.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver

A good Saturday morning HELLO to ALL💐

My greeting is about the only positive thing I have to say today......

Sadly, I got a bit of news from Dr. Dave yesterday and unfortunately Michele does have more tumors growing on her brain.  We are of course all devastated to hear this news.  She was not to find out the report from the MRI until next Monday at her chemo appointment, however she and Dave went to her radiation oncologist yesterday to discuss the radiation she will start two weeks after her last chemo, and this doctor already had the report. Michele was quite upset.....she was so hopeful that this MRI would be clean!  They will not find out the total report until Monday at her second to last chemo, so Dave said he had no details to add.  Thank you all for all of your support and prayers. 

Today is Matthew's Birthday Party at Dave and Michele's home.  His bday is the 22nd but he has his first football game that night, Michele will be down and out after chemo on Monday, so this is the best day.  Life goes on.....

I read all of your kind words....wishes for good news for my family.......it makes me SO SAD to have to share MORE sad news.  It is so hard to understand WHY our Michele can not seem to be able to get a break.......all I can say is THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your continued support.  I just pray that one day I can share some GOOD NEWS about Michele. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...please give this (( Hug )) from me, to Michele...and tell her your friend in UK is thinking of her...
" There is no present like the time "

FlaJean

Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear that sad news about Michele.  It is good that you and your husband are healthy enough to keep up with your busy schedule.  I hope your brother is recovering OK.

Today is another hot day.  Marilyne, Hope all is going well for AJ.

Not much to say so will just wish everyone a good day.

Marilyne

JENNY - When I read your message, it brought tears to my eyes. That's such sad, bad news about Michele.  I will be thinking about her this weekend, and hoping that she will be able to stay positive, in spite of this discouraging information on the brain scan. Tell her that we are all continuing to pray for her recovery.

wjoan

Just a quick note.  I have been posting in Medical  as I am unable to read all the posts in here.  Eyesight is a bit better but not good enough to read all the posts, sorry.  I miss that.  Candy has moved to Oregon so it is just my son and I here now.  He is a wonderful son and takes good care of his Mom.   Hello to all on here and  and please understand I am unable to read all the posts in here..  Love and hugs to all.

CallieOK

Oh, Jenny, I was so hoping to see good news about Michelle.  More prayers and loving good thoughts to her/Dave's family.....and you/Bob.

After much procrastinating I finally made it to the supermarket this morning.....along with a lot of other folks, of course.
Two of my purchases were a small can of tuna and some English muffins. Had some canned pineapple in the pantry and Swiss  cheese in the fridge.

Now all I need to make a tuna melt is for Beverly and Mary Ann to tell me what to put in the tuna salad. Please? :bow:

Off to be a recliner radish for the rest of the day.

Mary Ann

Jenny, your message takes the winds out of our sails.  I am so sorry for all of your family; you all, Michele especially, have been through so much lately and it would be nice to hear some good news for a change.  Prayers continue.

Callie, I really don't know all that goes into a Tuna Melt because Dot and I get ours at a restaurant.  To my eyes, it looks like two slices of light rye bread toasted on a grill (not in a toaster, but I'm sure that would be acceptable) with a filling of tuna, mayo and chopped up assorted colorful vegetables.  I am sure there is seasoning added but I don't know what it might be other than salt and pepper.  I'm sorry I'm not more help.   I think there is chopped up onion in the mix to add some flavor

I spent at least two hours out on the deck as long as there was shade and a nice breeze was blowing.  I just leaned back and I know I napped a bit.  I didn't do a thing, just sat there.  The cat was with me some of the time but when I came in after something, he came in too and did not go back out.  He now is relaxing on an overstuffed chair, relaxing as cats do. 

I am semi-watching the PGA Tour which I think is in Chicago this week. 

I really want to look up some genealogy stuff for a friend of Tom's, but it was so nice on the deck that I did nothing about it.  She is not a member of Ancestry but I am.  Speaking of Ancestry, I received a notice that it is nearing time to renew my subscription.  I can "tour" the world and they have something I can add which would bring my bill to $400 a years.  I told them "no thanks". 

I think I'll look for some ships before I do genealogy.

Joan, I wish you would post something in here occasionally, just to let us know you are OK.  You don't have to respond to any posts, just say "hi".

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Good morning all!

Jenny, I am so sorry to see that Michelle is not clear of her tumors yet. What an absolute bummer, especially for her.

I won a triple-header this morning when I brought up the Algonac webcam. Paul was coming upriver as both Algoma Niagara and Cuyahoga passed by heading down river. It was another beautiful dawn shot with the sky all pinky-orange behind dark grey clouds, while the rest of the scenery was all charcoal, grey, and grey-blue with the yellow lights on the ships still blazing.

It is to be up in the 90's today. I still have some rearranging to do after setting up my new computer desk and getting everything wired back up. After checking on George's cats in a few hours, I may stop into the grocery store for a few things. I am just about out of breakfast fixings.

After Lucy absolutely pigged out on Friday, she refused to eat yesterday until late evening. She did eat this morning with only a quarter of the thyroid pill in it. She will get the other quarter this afternoon hopefully, then it will be back to trying the half dose regimen. Shutting her in the kitchen by herself for a while seems to work a little. She doesn't much like being crowded or hovered over. That, apparently, includes me sometimes.

Well, I am off (but you all know that  ;D ). I may check in later.

Joy

Good morning.  Another pretty sunny morning and temperature supposed to in the 90's today.

I am so sad to read Jenny's message. I,too, was hoping to hear better news about Michele.  My thoughts and prayers are still with the whole family.

I had a good productive day yesterday.  Had to go for blood work and went early.  I did have to wait a bit, but once I got in,  I was in and out in a very short time.

Then, went to the DMV to get my new ID card.  And, inspite of all the horror stories you hear about the DMV,  I was in and out with no problem in about 20 min.  I was nervous that I did not have all the right documents, but I had everything that was required. 

Then, came home and had a short nap and then got ready to go out for dinner. My son, DIL and I tried a new place in our little town.  It had had a lot of good  reviews, but I was not real impressed with it.  It  did not offer a very welcoming impression. As soon as you got in the door, that bar was RIGHT THERE, almost in the way to even get into the restaurant. And, stark white walls with very little color anywhere.  Our dinners were ok, but I guess I might have been expecting too much.  I did bring a lot of leftovers now.  So, I do have dinner for the next two nights.  Maybe we will try it again in a couple months.

I hope everyone who has been ailing is feeling lots better this morning.

Have a good day.

Joy

BIG BOX

CallieOK

Web Cam Alert:    Watch Now!!  River Float Day on Port Huron web cam.  The shipping traffic has been halted until 8:00 p.m. and the river is FULL of people floating down under the bridge - everything from kayaks to fancy "swan boats". 
Apparently - an annual event on the 3rd Sunday of August.

Marilyne

CALLIE - Thanks for the heads-up on the Port Huron Cam. I got there in time to see lots of boats still going under the bridge, and then all moving down the river.  Lots of good close-ups.  Some boats decorated, and lots of kayaks and even a few inflatables!  Looks like so much fun!

Mary Ann

Thanks for the Web Cam alert, Callie.  I suppose I read about it in the Chat but forgot about it.  At 3:10 when I signed on, there are few of anything there.  We used to have a Raft Race on the Grand River, which flows through Grand Rapids.  People would put together anything to float down the river.  I don't remember what happened, but an accident of some kind, and that was the end of the Raft Races.  I have a picture or two of Tom in something for one of the races.

Dot and I had an experience with our Tuna Melt today and Dot learned something new!  I don't know if there was a new person at the counter or not but she asked Dot what kind of bread she wanted.  Dot has never been asked that before and she said she wanted whatever they usually used.  We ended up with white bread, toasted in a toaster, cold filling.  I've never seen them put together, and I am sure Dot hasn't either, but the bread is rye, toasted on the grill and it could be that they toast the bread after the filling is in because it's always warm.  Our sandwiches tasted OK, but being on white bread, they were smaller than usual. 

Other than that, while we were in the Cholesterol Pit, we had a shower, in fact, it began to sprinkle when we came out of church.  Neither of us was prepared for rain, although Dot keeps an umbrella in her car, but neither of us felt we needed it.  I did not need it when I walked to the house and the sun is shining now. 

I'm watching golf now as I type so I don't care what the weather does.  When it rains, my outside plants get watered.

Joy, my drivers license is good through next year and I plan to get an ID card then.  I've read about all that is necessary and I'll have to hunt up all of the necessities.  One is my birth certificate and I wonder if they'll accept my voter's card.  I'll wait until the first of the year to hunt.

Mary Ann

Joy

Mary Ann,  good to see you.  I was wondering if you were ok, as you were late getting in here.  Been pretty slow today.

In Maryland, they send out a letter when your  ID card or license is ready to expire. I had gotten the letter back in March, and my card didn't expire until October.  In the letter was a list of documents needed.  We had to have 1 proof of birth, your SS card, and 2 valid proofs of address.  I had a passport that had only expired last year, and as long as it was within 5 years of expiration, it was valid.  I used that, my SS card, and a bank statement and telephone bill. I had taken several other things just is case it was needed.  There was a news report the other day that there are thousands of people who have not done their yet.  The DMV has started having hours on Sat. to accommodate people. I was really surprised that there I was able to get it all done in just a short time.  And, the place wasn't crowded at all.  There were a few people in the waiting area, and there were people at the counters being helped, but everything seemed to move along very quickly.  That will probably be the last one that I will need,  It is good for 8 years.  That would put me at 93 years old. lol   Glad it is all done.

I see our temperature is up to 91º at almost 4 p.m.  I am sure nobody is sitting out as most of the people don't really the like the heat. But, the trees are  blowing out my window, so I might go down later when it cools down a bit.  I did sit out a while when I got back home yesterday evening, and it was just beautiful. We all said we hated to have to come in.  Theses days won't be around too much longer.  I, for one, just hate to think about summer being over and what is coming in a few months.

My son and DIl are probably back home after a week in Norway and Denmark.  They were visiting with friends, who my son had worked with.  I am always glad when they get back after an overseas's trip.

It has been a very lazy Sunday.  Had a nap and watching the Hallmark channel.  If any of you watch The Good Witch on the Hallmark channel, tonight is the final episode of the current series. 

I hope everyone will have a good evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

Marilyne

Mary Ann - I just looked at Grand Haven, and it was quite interesting.  A bunch of men (boys?) on boards, holding onto kites, and the wind was blowing the kites around, so they were getting a crazy ride. I went a long time without being able to access Grand Haven, and was happy to see that it was available again.  However, it has changed, and is quite different?  No camera on the beach anymore, so you can't see people walking or sitting . . . only the lake is shown, with a closer look at the pier.

I'm sure you were disappointed in your Tuna Melt. I hope it was a new person. making the sandwiches, who didn't understand how they were supposed to be prepared?   Probably customers will complain, and by next Sunday, things will be back to normal.

We're still house bound, due to the continuing strong winds blowing from the South/West. The back yard is a mess, with branches and needles from our Redwood tree, plus oleander flowers everywhere, and leaves from neighbor's trees. Heat waves here always break with a powerful S/W wind, but it usually doesn't last for three days.

Joy - I just saw your message - we were posting at the same time.  I'm wondering about the ID license, because I just got my new drivers license last year at this time, and it's good for four years! I'm wondering if I can wait the full four years before getting the new ID style license, or if I legally have to get it ASAP?   

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I'm not sure which view of Grand Haven you had.  Often when I click on the site, I get the beach with a lot of people, but to the best of my knowledge that is a "still" but if you click down, the site with the lighthouses comes up and it usually says "LIVE" in the upper left corner.  Earth Cam has taken over the site. 

I just went to the Michigan site to see what is needed to get an ID card.  I can get a card for the state only for nothing but if I want one for travel to other states or countries, it would cost $20 for over 65 years.  I didn't see how long it is good for but they did mention renewal.  A "state only" does not require as much as the "advanced". 

I was surprised in 2016 when I was allowed to renew my drivers license by e-mail.  I was 92.  If I had had to renew in person, I would have gotten an ID card then because it was when my insurance was due and license to be renewed that I sold the car.  No more car expense, no more insurance payment!  Don't ask me where the money I saved has gone, however!

Joy, if I am not here until afternoon on Sunday, don't be concerned.  Dot and I are at the Cholesterol Pit until 12:30 or 1 pm.  When I get home, I might want to nap, as I did today.  I did not get on the computer until about 3:15 or so.  I do try to make an entry at least once a day.  As you can see from the number of entries I have made, I do better than one a day, but in only three or four folders.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

I'm fortunate in that our SOS office is a short distance from here.  It is in the area where I used to go to get groceries.  My picture won't turn out any better with the ID than the drivers license - and those were awful.

Patricia, I suppose each state has its own rules for getting IDs, maybe for security reasons?

I'm sorry you've had strep trouble.  I understand it's painful and weakening.  A neighbor girl had strep throat when we all were young and she had lots of health problems afterward.  Maybe not due to the strep throat.  She ended up with arthritis so bad she could not wear regular shoes and ended up having a leg amputated.  She died about 20 years ago. 

My cook is going to prepare supper now. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

I removed my post as it's not relevent to ongoing content.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I meant to include in a post that over the weekend in our obits was that of a former schoolmate who had moved to Palmer Alaska in the '70s.  When our tour in 2006 was ending, we drove from Valdez to Anchorage and stopped in Palmer.  I don't remember if we ate there or not, but we did stop and I got more flower pictures to go along with those from Fairbanks.  If I had known she lived there then, I would have tried to contact her. 

Another "from the past", I had a phone call tonight from the son of one of my bosses.  The son is now 72 but I remember him as a little boy with curly hair.  He said he no longer had curls, in fact, not even much hair. 

Kendrick and I just sat out on the deck for a while.  It is nice out there with a nice breeze blowing.  Each day there is less daylight but as long as the temps are comfortable, I'll continue to sit out there. 

I'm sorry you removed your post, Patricia; everything said was of interest to the people in this folder.  If I had to go along with a train of thought, I would not make any posts.  And you can see by the number of my posts, I've made a lot of them.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Patricia, your posts are always interesting regardless whether or not we are concentrating on a particular subject or not.

Tall Ships alert: St. Lawrence II passed the Port Huron webcam about 5:30am eastern. Marine Traffic shows her stopped at Sarnia by the ferry landing, but I don't see it on the BoatNerd webcam - a bit too dark. Niagara, when I checked, is sitting in Lake Huron not far from Port Huron and is expected to be on the move again after daybreak.

I've been having trouble for quite some time now with the internet on my Sony Smart TV. This morning, it shows the internet down entirely. We had a thunderstorm last night jwith a short power outage, but the TV was not on at the time. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I did find out a while back that Sony is prone to coming up with "picture to large for screen" messages, and other nonsense on YouTube, but occasionally it affects my Prime Video too. Sometimes it sees the network, but won't connect to the internet. This morning what I am getting is HTML programing. Sometimes I get a network is not configured correctly (thank you Verizon tech, maybe). From a web forum a while back, I discovered that others have the same problems as I do with this model. Too bad I finally figured out where to place the blame after the warranty on the TV expired. It is something of a bummer because I like watching YouTube and Prime Video on the big screen.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, I don't want to speak too soon, but I have not had problems such as you describe.  My computer is not programmed for me to watch anything on the TV and Tom says he can fix it if I like.  I might like to see the ships on the TV, but otherwise, I don't watch TV until late afternoon.  I think I'll keep things this way.

Monday, the start of another week.  The cat is sleeping on my bed and I may go join him.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Another brand new week is just starting, oh well, its onwards and upwards...

Fear ( as in the unknown ) has two meanings...

F...Forget...
E...Everything...
A...And...
R...Run...

OR

F...Face...
E...Everything...
A...And...
R...Rise...

Joy

Good morning.  It is a pretty sunny morning.  But temperatures are to be in the 90's.

I am just marking my spot.  I will get back later in the day.

Wishing everyone a very nice day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Sandy

Good Morning from the
warm and overcast soon
to be rainy,  rocky coast of
Maine. 

Two more weeks of August and
Hurray for September...  Time
just goes by so fast these days..

The news is not always good but
hasn't been for a while.   I just
watch it less and less all the
time.     

I guess that is the way they want
it.   

The news here from me is good.   I
have no complaints that aren't boring..

Have a good day,  Everyone
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

SCFSue

Good morning, Everyone.  I look in here daily, but only post in Bosom Buddies.  I do like to keep up with this forum, but seldom have anything new to say.  I will wish you all a good day today.

Sue

angelface555

After 6.5 weeks of steady drenching rain

Special Weather Statement
Weather Updated: Aug 19 6:46AM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For Middle Tanana Valley, Alaska
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 9AM AKDT MON ...HIGH WATER CONTINUES ON INTERIOR ALASKA RIVERS... THE WATER FROM HEAVY RAINS OF LAST WEEK HAS MOVED OUT OF STREAMS AND INTO LARGER RIVERS. THE NENANA RIVER HAS A FLOOD ADVISORY, WITH MINOR FLOODING OCCURING IN THE CITY OF NENANA, AND THAT FLOODING IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL MORE DAYS. THE TANANA RIVER HAS A FLOOD ADVISORY FROM SHAW CREEK ALL THE WAY TO THE CITY OF TANANA WITH FLOODING IN LOW LYING AREAS ALONG THE TANANA RIVER, WHICH WILL LAST FOR SEVERAL MORE DAYS. THIS INCLUDES THE AREAS ALONG THE OLD RICH HIGHWAY IN SALCHA, THE ROSIE CREEK SUBDIVISION NEAR FAIRBANKS, AREAS NEAR NENANA AND MANLEY HOT SPRINGS. THE LITTLE CHENA AND GOODPASTER RIVERS CRESTED SAT BELOW BANKFULL AND THE THREAT OF FLOODING IS OVER ON BOTH OF THOSE RIVERS.

THE UPPER CHENA RIVER CRESTED SATURDAY AT MINOR FLOOD STAGE, AND THE CHENA RIVER NEAR HUNTS CREEK CRESTED SUNDAY NEAR MINOR FLOOD STAGE, AND WATER AT BOTH OF THOSE LOCATIONS REMAINS HIGH BUT IS FALLING SLOWLY. THE CHENA RIVER AT THE MOOSE CREEK DAM IS CRESTING NOW AT MINOR FLOOD STAGE AND WILL REMAIN THAT HIGH TODAY. THE DAM BEGAN OPERATION SUNDAY NIGHT AND WILL KEEP WATERS BACKED UP THROUGH TODAY AT LEAST. THE CHENA RIVER BETWEEN THE DAM AND FAIRBANKS WILL CREST TODAY BELOW BANKFULL, BUT WILL REMAIN HIGH FOR SEVERAL MORE DAYS. MINOR FLOODING IN THE STEAMBOAT LANDING AND FREEMAN ROAD AREAS IS EXPECTED, AS WELL AS ALONG OTHER OLD SLOUGHS ALONG THE CHENA RIVER. THE SALCHA RIVER CRESTED SUNDAY OVER A FOOT ABOVE FLOOD STAGE, WHICH IS THE HIGHEST WATER LEVEL ON THE SALCHA RIVER SINCE 2014. GROUND WATER FLOODING INTO BASEMENTS IS OCCURING IN THE SALCHA AREA, AND COULD OCCUR IN NORTH POLE AND FAIRBANKS, AND AT ANY LOW LYING AREAS ALONG THE TANANA RIVER AND THE CHENA RIVER. THE WATER TABLE IN ALL OF THESE AREAS WILL REMAIN HIGH FOR AT LEAST SEVERAL MORE DAYS. THE CHENA RIVER IN FAIRBANKS IS ONLY 4 AND A HALF FEET BELOW THE BARNETTE STREET BRIDGE, AND ALSO CLOSE TO THE BASE OF THE PEGER ROAD AND UNIVERSITY AVENUE BRIDGES. MANY POWER BOATS ARE TOO TALL TO MAKE IT UNDER THESE BRIDGES, AND ALL BOATERS SHOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS.

CallieOK

Merry Monday.
Not much going on in my immediate world.

Good to see you, Sue. My Auburn friend is slowly recovering from a fractured vertebra. May be a while until she's playing Bridge.

Will be glad when construction is done on a major intersection that's my main route to almost everywhere. They've done a good job of traffic control but it's very slow and hard for me to remember I need to leave Here earlier to get There on time. This morning is a good example.  :)
Off I go!

Marilyne

Good Morning Everyone!  Lots of activity here this morning, to start the new week!  Cool and foggy here in Northern CA, but not supposed to stay the way after today.  Heading for another hot spell, but it's still August, so a lot more ahead.  September is usually our worst month.

Sandy - I'm with you, as far as the news is concerned.  I used to be a "News Junkie", but those days are gone forever.  I agree with those who say that this country doesn't feel like home anymore.  I just stay cocooned in my boring little world, and try not to let things upset me. Nothing anyone can do about it anymore.

SCFSue - Good to see you here and to know that you look in every day. We like to hear from you and everyone else.  If you feel like "talking", we will be here to listen or respond.  :)

Joy - I'll be looking forward to hearing from you later today, as to what you'll be doing today . . . even if you just stop by to say hello again. 

Jackie - I really like your post this morning - "Fear ( as in the unknown ) has two meanings..."  Very thought provoking!  I plan to copy it and send it to my daughter.  It may help her, as she starts another new week. 

MarsGal - Wonderful that you're getting the most from your Smart TV.  We have one too, but have barely scratched the surface, as to how to use it.  We have not tried looking at anything on the internet as yet.  We just recently discovered how to talk to the remote, and tell it what we went to watch. 

Mary Ann -  Like you, I usually don't turn on the TV until late afternoon or early evening.  We have a huge backlog of show and movies that we've recorded on our DVR, so I'm trying to watch some of those every day.  It takes a couple of hours out of the afternoon to watch a movie, but sometimes that's a good thing during these long, hot days.  I keep meaning to ask you if you've gone back to watching Jeopardy?  We've started watching it again, after a couple of years of giving it a break.  I think it was Alex Trebeck's illness, that prompted us to start in again.

Patricia -  I'm been meaning to say something about your strep throat.  Back in the long ago, when I was a child, I had an illness called Scarlett Fever. That was before the term "strep" was common, but that's what Scarlett Fever was.  There were no antibiotics back then, so we had to get over those dangerous illnesses on our own.  I was sick in bed for weeks, and I remember the doctor coming to the house and telling my mother that it might leave me with Rheumatic Fever, as a result. If you developed that, then you were a sure thing for Rheumatoid Arthritis, as you grew older.
Mary Ann - That was probably what your friend had, so long ago? 

Jenny - I hope we hear from you today, even though I know your news about Michele, is not good.  There is always something new, when it comes to cancer treatments, so I'll be praying that they will find something that will help her.  I've been wanting to ask if she has had any of the new Immunotherapy drugs?  I don't know much about them - only what I have read.  Sounds promising for the future.

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
..." as in the unknown "...i put in the centre as my personal interpretation...glad you noticed it and liked it...thank you..

Mary Ann

Even though it's the start of a new week, there is nothing going on here.  We are scheduled to have Pest Control for the complex and have been alerted to close our windows and doors and keep in any pets.  I brought Kendrick's grasses inside in case any of the fumes or dust would reach the deck level.  Our doors are open until I hear something going on. 

Sandy, it's always good to read your posts because you are such a positive person. 

Marilyn, no, I have not gone back to Jeopardy.  It probably is a silly issue, but I find I've gotten along very well with not watching the program.  If an article about Trebek appears, especially about his health, I always read it as I am interested in his progress with his pancreatic cancer, but I have felt no need to watch the program.  I can find other things to do.

Patricia, if it doesn't quit raining in Alaska, you're going to wash away.  It is interesting in a way about the extreme changes in weather all over the country, although I can't say our state has had much change.  We have had more hot weather over the last few years and maybe decreased rain, but things are quite green yet.  We had a short shower overnight which did my plants good. 

I think sometimes about the various interests we have in this folder.  A few years ago, I would have said my main interest was handiwork, mainly counted cross stitch.  I haven't done cross stitch in years and it probably is a good thing because my walls have a lot of my genealogy samplers hanging on them.  I have no place to put any more.  I tend to overdo whatever project interests me.

Marilyn and Sandy, the news I read on the computer is mainly headlines.  If a subject interests me, I'll click on it and read it, otherwise, I just read the topics.

Marilyn, with my friend's illnesses, you hit the nail on the head - first Scarlett Fever, Rheumatic Fever, Rheumatoid Arthritis.  She had it all.  I think she was 70 when she died.

Good to see you this morning, Sue.  Post often to let us know what is going on in your life.  I, for one, do not read Bosom Buddies. 

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Made it There and back Here just fine.  :thumbup:

Mary Ann,  I used to do counted cross-stitch, too.  Once,  I had taken whatever I was working on with me when I went with a friend to her doctor's appointment.  A lady sitting next to me in the waiting room said,  "There's nothing on that cloth when you start, is there?"
I explained how you fold the cloth into 4ths and do rows in each quarter - starting in the middle.
She listened patiently, then patted my arm and said, "Well, Honey, you just go right ahead"....and picked up a magazine.  ;D