Random Image

Winter 9.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Jack, what a lovely photo! Do you think, the deer think they are hidden behind the tall flowers?
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

I love that photo, Jack.... those deer couldn't have been trained to pose, could they? I've painted a lot of deer during my years of painting, but don't think I ever saw one with that black streak up her face like that one on the right, or is that a male?

Patricia, did you post a photo & remove before I got to see it?  So there really are mountains behind those "foothills".... Does anyone climb them?  I'll Google to see if I can find photos of them (The Alaska Range).... Thanks.

so_P_bubble

POSTING for Angelface

Shirley, you asked what was behind the three sets of foothills? Bracketing those foothills are four sets of mountain ranges. The largest, The Alaska Range is the third largest and highest in the world and one of the most isolated. The range is less than one hundred miles from my home. The following photo is not mine but it gives you a glimpse if the range's size.

[attach name=SIERRA+Carl+Battreall+Alaska+Range+1a+WB.jpg type=image/jpeg]8108[/attach]

so_P_bubble

Shirley, to answer your question, once it is posted, you can close or erase from your desktop. It is saved on the discussion here.
 You did OK!

Jack, beautiful photo of the deer. I remembered it from the past, so colorful.

Angel, very impressive mountains. I am happy I am not there with that snow!

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble, I did what you said before you said it (deleted from my desktop). I did like the idea that it went to the Gallery at the same time but guess that isn't necessary. I also did a Google search for those mountains & was impressed with the views. Thanks for adding the photo.

Maybe my next "lifetime" I will get that chance to explore Alaska, I'm having doubts I'll make it this time. When we bought the Rialta back in 1998 I checked to see if we could get service on it all through Alaska, thought sure we'd make it then, but it had a lot of problems by the time we got to Washington state and my impatient husband was ready to come home (fastest trip in history, I think. From Wichita, KS to Olympic National Forest in WA & back to Wichita on the 8th day).

Impressive drive, I've always wanted to make it again at a slower pace, to see everything along the way. I can hear my mother saying, "If it rained mush we wouldn't have the spoon to eat it".... get one part of the wish but something lacking, guess that's why we don't have "Heaven on Earth". Those old cliches actually have meaning if you live long enough.  ;) The good part is we have this place to talk about "our own world" and can see pictures of places where we know we'll never get to see for real but NOW we can get a more personal view of the life there. I think my life has been about seeing the world and accepting that it is limited for me, a wonderful, happy life as long as I don't obsess about getting MY way. And this is not the place to analyze my life!  I am pleased to have PSP on this computer to play with again, so smiling at the monitor as I type.

so_P_bubble

Good luck with PSP.  I am sure you will enjoy it. What version did you buy? I am afraid to go to a more modern one: I am not sure I could get used to changes, even if it is compatible with Win10.

angelface555

Good morning! Bubble thanks for posting for me and at an elevation of 20,310' there is always going to be snow.

Good morning Shirley! If you just purchased it on sale, then you have the PSP2019 version.

Alaska is huge, and from mountains to volcanoes to forests to glaciers to wind whistling plains, there is a lot to see and very few roads outside of the main population areas. Each time a proposal to build a system of highways comes up, it is voted down. One of the reasons Alaska holds the record for private plane ownership.

jackwv

Amy that photo was taken several years ago with Jessie.  She did not scare or chase deer, but the were keeping an eye on us and I was pleased I was able to get their photo.   
That is Allium in the foreground.   Am posting a photo of the Allium Blosson.

Not getting out much with the weather, but posting photos from file since I need the practice following Bubbles help.

[attach name=to+post+allium.jpg type=image/jpeg]8112[/attach]

jackwv

[attach name=to+post+allium.jpg type=image/jpeg]8113[/attach]

Vanilla-Jackie

Jack wv...
...that is a good angled shot...
" There is no present like the time "

jackwv

Just trying to set my mind on the new posting of photos.   This is an old one taken 10 years ago at a small park close to my home.  Hit the right time, they were ready for take off.

[attach name=to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8119[/attach][

angelface555

Jack, that is a good photo! What size are you using for your photos?

jackwv

Patricia, I still use Shrink Picture site.   I go to size and still am using 600, then try to hold to 100 or less k

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

angelface555

Shirley

Great job, Jack... looks like you have this new site all under control. I went to bed last night feeling pretty smug but today found it was just a fluke!  I tried to add, either clone or crop & paste photo of the 2 missing from the family pic... but can't get any of it to work like it did yesterday. Not as smart as I thought I was.  :tissue: I finally gave up & went down to the old computer & it kept telling me that I wasn't connected to the internet & the external monitor wasn't getting reception. I turned it off several times, had to give it the hard stop since it wouldn't bring up power choices.... but nothing worked. Will try again tomorrow. Cats are fed & all still inside so think I will just go to bed. Bummer....

Patricia, you're right, I got the PSP 2019 & when I opened it today it already had a big update to download & install. Could be that's why I couldn't get it to work, couldn't get the work space like it was last night & the "clone" brush didn't have option to make it larger, the crop took wouldn't let me drag over what I wanted to use on the other photo... NOTHING worked! I feel like crying again.  :tissue:

Vanilla-Jackie

Jack wv...
...looking at that mother bird, now I know why they designed the Concorde, such a shame they took that out of our skys...it was so beautiful to see in flight..
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

Shirley, you have skipped over ten or more versions of PSP so there is a learning curve involved. I did a similar version jump when I went to PSP2018. While they're better, they have a multitude of changes so I knew I had to disregard what I expected and learn what was. For example, I was frustrated when each graphic or tube was on a separate screen. I didn't know how to work on both,  at the same time going from screen to screen. Then a helpful person in one of my groups told me I needed to go to the Windows drop-down and click Cascade to have them all on one screen. There are Corel knowledge articles accessible in your program or you can email me with specific issues if you'd like.

Here is another commercial photo of a portion of the Alaska Range that I am using as a test drive.

angelface555

Shirley, you need to go to View, the third tab over on the top left and drop down to click on customize.  This tab will bring up a guide of various options you want on your workspace, for example, the earlier mirror command now as two types of options, such as mirror horizontal, mirror vertical. Then the old command of flip now has flip horizontal and flip vertical, making the commands more precise. 

You click on the ones you want, add them to your toolbar and go down to Workspace, click on save and give your new workspace a unique name.

jackwv

Cold and snow so back at the computer and trying to set my mind on posting of photos.   Just did a long post but in quick reply and Bubble said a no no.   Here is a photo from last year.  Mimi holding court with a group of children.  I added the mat and frame.

[attach name=to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8123[/attach]

Amy

Jack, what is it about a Golden that everyone loves especially the kids? Their sweet nature draws in everyone.....even those that are not dog lovers. Mimi looks to be in her glory there.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jackwv

Amy I love most breeds I meet, but have had 4 Goldens in the last 33 years and they are special to me.  They love people and people love them.

angelface555

Jack, my brother in law has always preferred and had Irish setters. Perhaps it is something about types of hounds? Altho, Irish setters can be temperamental as they do best as hunting dogs or guide dogs. They are the type of breed that does best with a job.

Amy

Jack , like you I love all dogs...... all animals for that matter.....well maybe not so much spiders. Golden girl was our first, we have had rescues with Buddy being our first he was  a 105 lb Dalmatian X Dane......he  thought he was a lap dog. 
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Love that photo, Jack, & do agree that Goldens are the most loveable of all, I happen to prefer big dogs. I am also having trouble with the "Edit" mode, it doesn't have all the options of just fixing & saving... at least I either lose the post or paste it into the next post & go back & delete the one I tried to edit.

Patricia, one of our neighbors (when we lived out west of the city) had an Irish Setter, like you said, love it's jobs. This one thought it was it's job to collect all the neighborhood papers & bring back to it's porch. The paper lady insisted "someone had a dog doing the deed" but nobody ever saw it. Finally the dog's owner managed to get the word around that "anyone missing a paper could pick one up from her porch".  Eventually she realized she HAD to keep it up until everyone should have gotten their paper in.  My husband didn't this it as funny as I did, he was the one that went out to get the paper early.  :2funny:

You are so far over my head with PSP I don't understand anything you said, but I will see if I can figure it out from your tips. I think when I started it was with Steps & it gave all the instructions on setting up, which I followed & promptly forgot. I was most interested in the animations like Glenn Curtis was explaining & did enjoy creating them. I spent most of the day trying to clone or paste photos of my son into the family portrait but had no luck at all, especially since the file from his phone photo was not even remotely the same size as when my camera takes. I thought about taking both photos to the print shop to see if they could resize the heads on the one I want to paste in so they are the same as the rest. Right now they are a speck on the wall behind.  ::)

angelface555

Shirley, ask Bubble if she'll do it for you.

Shirley

Patricia, if she wasn't so bogged down with the paper work involved with the stolen car, I would, but my problem doesn't have a time limit & I know hers is enough to "drive one up the wall".  One of these days something will click & I'll get it to work. That other computer completely died after finishing all the e-birthday cards this week. The monitor says "NO Signal" and it would not give me the option to shut down & restart, so I've given it the hard close several times, left it off for hours & when I turn it on it comes back with "had a hard shut down do I want to start up normal or safe mode".  I've tried both & get back to the same screen "NO Signal". It will have to wait until one of my sons can play with it to work one more time.

My worst problem is I don't understand/know the names or terms of everything, like I don't know what a "tube" is, I don't have a clue what or how to set up the workspace. Basic things like that. Bunnie was the one that explained how to use the clone tool & I got a lot of use out of that, fixing old photos, that was fun. The clone tool on this enlarges the whole photo, not the circle to clone.

But thinking about this is keeping me from worrying about my son. He's having pain from the "picc line" that runs from his right arm into his heart for daily infusions of antibiotic so huge they can't pump it into a vein, the comment was, "it would burn out the vein". He asked the nurse/doctor where he gets the infusion daily about the fact his blood pressure has jumped about 20 points since he sneezed several days ago... and that was when the pain started. It must be removed in about a week but what if it is causing damage NOW? Anyway, today was the visit to the surgeon who was away because of emergency so his father (the one that did surgery on my husband 30 years ago) still on staff.. filled in. His comment was "not the surgeon's department, order to remove picc line must come from the one that had it installed". Last comment was "see you in 10-15 years when you need a new valve". Tomorrow son must start making calls to get something done, all this because the doctor did NOT make sure the infection in his body was killed before it invaded every part of his being 2-3 years ago. So frustrating, but son doesn't want his mother to get in the middle of it, so I beat my head on the floor over PSP.  Thanks for listening... & offering advice.

Amy

Shirley, when hubby had the PICC line in we went to a farm store and bought veterinarian long OB gloves, I bought a piece of one inch elastic and put Velcro on the ends  to keep the glove on and water out when he had a shower. The nurse in the oncology dept. took hubbby's out. They go in about 17 inches! 
Jimmy Dean

Sandy

I just resized this picture using the site that Jack gave us:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

jackwv

Sandy, a good photo but could have used custom and 700 for a larger one.  Paint, on windows is another program where you can resize.

jackwv

Using Shrink Pictures to resize, and giving a screen shot of a portion of the screen that opens. On line 1 you hit browse and pick the photo from your computer.   You then go to line 2 and pick 700 our limit.   Then on line 3 pick Best.  Then hit the Resize tab and the photo comes up.   It will give the original and the reduced size.  We have to stay under 100k so if more just go back and do over picking possibly Good on line 3 instead of Best.  Hit resize and if the photo is ok right click on it and do a save as with title, I usually title "to post" and put it in a file.  BE Sure to do Save As and not simply Save.  Save would replace the original, Save as retains it