Random Image

Busy Beaver

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

I posted earlier, but it disappeared!  I didn't have much to say except
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Marilyn, prayers going out that things continue to improve with K and that you can take care of him without problems.

Jeanne, GET WELL!!!

Hi to everyone else. Glad Ray is better too.  I'm packed and ready to go. Be back Friday night, so will post on Sat.  Sharon

Sandy

:woohoo:

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope that everyone is getting the hang of this
upgraded  version. 

Have a good day!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

joyous

I still don't "get" the new set-up-----sorry
Joy in Louisiana

joyous

Wishing ALL a very HAPPY TURKEY DAY.  Try not to eat too much. :thumbup:
Joy

Cottoncandy

Wishing everone A Happy Thanksgiving...will be with family....so looking forward to that...Darlene

Marilyn

angelface555

Jackie-Vanilla, please email me about stopping all the spam S&F emails.I found the answer!

Marilyn

The home health nurse will come three times a week to change the dressing and the wound vac. I learned how to catheterize him until his bladder is retrained  for him to have the feeling that he has to urinate. I have a friend who will sit with him sometimes and will be here with him while I am at the hospital having my eye surgery.I have a list of caregivers to call and also the Area Agency on Aging has some respite care people. I will be bringing him home this afternoon. I am praying that his dementia will clear up a bit  after hew gets home.

joyous

Good morning Girls------Still having trouble w/the new Seniors & Friends, but wishing
ALL a Happy Big Bird Day!
Joy in Baton Rouge

maryz

Hope all works out, Marilyn.

Joy, you're doing fine.  All your messages are getting through.

jane, even without going to Chicago, are y'all going to be able to head south as usual?  I hope your appointment went well, and that Ray is recovering.

Darlene, are you spending Thanksgiving with your family?

Current plans are for Kate to pick me up on Friday to go to Margaret's.  Then we'll have our dinner on Saturday, as usual.  I'll probably get a ride back here Saturday night. All plans are flexible, as usual.  Kate is doing fairly well.  She's found a lot of their important papers (deeds, car titles, etc.), but still no key to the safe deposit box.  She was going to start the process of getting it drilled open.  Right now, she's busy with "doing stuff", and I'm sure reality will drop on her when things slow down a bit. We're doing what we can to help.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

joyous

I am "trying"but surely have NOT won ------JOY :smitten:   

jane

Joy....your posts are coming through fine.  It's great to see them.

Sharon...safe traveling!

Sue...you have a great beach Thanksgiving, too.

Mary...Ray's improving slowly.  I think he'll be ok to ride on Monday.  I may have to do the driving for the first couple of days.

Marilyn...you've had more stressful days than anyone needs!  I hope K improves at home and things calm down for you.

Jeanne...good to see you.  It's been so cold here.

Darlene...have a good Thanksgiving with your family.

Happy Thanksgiving to Angelface, vanilla-Jackie, and Sandy.

Jane

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane...
...thank you but, sadly we dont celebrate thanksgiving here in UK...it is not one of UK's celebrations...but we do celebrate a Harvest Festival..

" When Christianity arrived in Britain many traditions remained, and today the Harvest Festival is marked by churches and schools in late September/early October (same as Canada) with singing, praying and decorating with baskets of food and fruit to celebrate a successful harvest and to give thanks. Collections of food are usually held which are then given to local charities which help the homeless and those in need...
( article taken from Wikipedia..)

Wishing all my American friends a peaceful and loving Thanksgiving...

" There is no present like the time "

jane

I didn't know where you live, vanilla-jackie...but hope you have a wonderful Thursday, anyway.

Ray's gone over for a blood test before his Friday appt, but he's definitely doing better.

I've got some more packing done, but still need to do the suitcase to live out of while we travel to Texas and before we get into the condo.  But, I'll need to do laundry Sat or Sun before that can happen, too. :coolsmiley:

We have reservations at a local restaurant for dinner tomorrow. Neither of us is up to cooking for just the two of us.

jane

Cottoncandy

Have a safe trip Jane...Hi to all...Happy Thanksgiving...Darlene

JeanneP

Jackie.  I prefer the way we did the Harvest Festival in UK. I have not really enjoyed the one here. Just to much of a Holiday way. People travel far. Eat and throw away so much food when so many other people in world going hungry. I have known and seen how the Indians are treated here and have studied the history to the past for them (even still goes on).  Now a big shopping days has tied into it. This year the stores will be open for a big shopping on the Day. starting at 6am on Thanksgiving day. I just keep it a quiet day now.
JeanneP

jane

I hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful day!

Jane

maryz

Happy Thanksgiving, Buddies!

Kate is coming to pick me up later this morning to take me to Margaret's for the weekend.  Friends from here will bring me back home Saturday after our dinner.  This is one of our family's favorite get-together times, and we love all the traditional foods.  So it's special - especially when we've just lost one of our own.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Sandy

:frog: :jump: :pineapple: :headspin:
Happy Thanksgiving,
Everyone!
:woohoo:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

joyous

:) I will be picked up by my grand-daughter in about an hour to go to my daughter'
house for Thanksgiving dinner.  There will be about 20-25 there. :thumbup:

Marilyn

Happy Thanksgiving every buddy.

Keith hs his infusion at 9:30 today and I have a furry friend visit at the hospital this afternoon. I am cooking a turkey breast in the crock pot.

He is doing well, but my back is hurting from bending over the bed to clean him up after a diaper change. He is still incontinent feces. Plus I still have to catheterize him at least once if not twice a day. The bed in my bedroom (where all my stuff is) It up on 4 inch risers making it easier to change him but getting him there is another thing.

jane

Marilyn...I sure hope you can get some nursing or respite care soon.  Is hospice back in the picture?  Would it be possible for someone from the visiting nurses org to come and raise the bed K is in so your back isn't injured in all of this care giving.  I can't imagine the trouble getting him shifted to another bed.  Do the nurses who come in do the infusions?

We had a quiet day yesterday.  Ray wants me to go with him into his doc appt this afternoon, so that'll be a good thing.  He doesn't always hear what the doc is saying!

We are forecast to have heavy snow Sunday.  If so, we'll delay leaving if it's snowy on Monday.  Our WI friends texted me they were leaving today for SPI, so Terri and Patrick will be there when we get there.

Jane

maryz

Marilyn, I, too, hope you can find a way to get Keith's bed raised to a comfortable height for you.

jane, I agree with Ray that it's good to have more than one person listen to the doc's comments - just to be sure.  I hope you don't have any trouble "getting out of Dodge", heading south.

Sharon, looks like you're having a good time with your family.  Safe travels home.

I hope Sue has had good weather at the beach.

Kate came to get me yesterday and bring me here to Margaret's.  We (that's the editorial 'we') have been working hard getting stuff ready to do for our dinner tomorrow.  She has three refrigerators, so plenty of room to make dishes ahead of time, to be cooked tomorrow.  I've watched, listened, and supervised, but managed to do very little work.  Both boys, their ladies, and their doggie babies have been here, and it's always good to see them.  There will probably be about 20 for dinner tomorrow. 

Happy Black Friday to all the Buddies!

joyous

Do you hit Post Reply -Blue Band to start posting a reply?
JOY------also POST at the bottom ?  I will NEVER get on to this new

joyous

Have I done the Reply right????????
Joy

maryz

Your reply is doing great, Joy.  You can do it either way - click on the blue "Reply" button OR just go down to the box at the bottom of the page.

I've also discovered an "Updated Topics" button at the bottom of the latest post.  You can click that to go the next Updated Topic without having to go up to the top.

joyous

Very nice temp this morning at 8:17----57 degrees and a clear blue sky.
Joy in Baton Rouge

joyous

I have NO IDEA why the time says something OTHER than 8:20 A.m. which is the
correct time.  But then-I will never the with this new program. :'(
JOY

joyous

Top of this post says "Today at 2:22 pm when it actually is 8:36 AM
i JUST don't this.If anyone knows what I am doing wrong, please advise.
JOY

joyous

Quote from: joyous on November 24, 2018, 09:38:39 AMTop of this post says "Today at 2:22 pm when it actually is 8:36 AM
i JUST don't this.If anyone knows what I am doing wrong, please advise.
JOY