Random Image

Patriotic wall hanging

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I love it, Amy, copied the link & bookmarked it to watch any time I'm in a downer mood! Thanks!

Mary Ann

Amy, that video is so cute.  Did you post the link in the Photo section?  Jackwv has had goldens for several years and has one now - Mimi.  I know he'd love to see it.  I have not been to the Photo section yet.

Mary Ann

Amy

Jean. I am glad you enjoyed this. I love getting videos of pets!

Shirley, nothing can put a smile in your heart quicker than animals and babies.

Mary Ann, I just did..thank you for suggesting it.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

FlaJean

A lily among roses.

angelface555

Jean, how lovely! And so nice to see with all the snow surrounding.

Mary Ann

Jean, that is beautiful.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Beautiful, did someone get flowers for Valentine's Day?   :thumbup:

FlaJean

My son and daughter-in-law sent me roses and lilies and a box of Godiva chocolates for my birthday which is on Valentine's Day.  The roses didn't last as long as the lilies.  They are still so pretty and some are just beginning to open.  But the candy is all gone. yum

SCFSue

My oldest son's wife sent me a lovely bunch of red roses for Valentine's Day.  Of course she signed my son's name as well as hers.  She also sends me See's chocolates during the Christmas season.  And sometimes reminds my son to call me to chat!

Sue

Amy

Jean , your flowers are lovely. What a beautiful sight to see this time of year!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Happy Belated Birthday, Jean. Did you take photos the first day?  I take a "stock" of photos from all angles to paint "someday".  Amazing how many angles each rose can show off & other flowers as well. I have plenty of files to paint from "for when I get old & sit more".  ;D

Jack, question for you. I can't find a way to add text (names or whatever) to photos with the Windows 10 features. Not having any luck with the new Paint Shop Pro version I bought for 10... Sure have enjoyed playing with the feature you showed us earlier.

No pretty snow photos from here, another round to come starting tomorrow.

Nobody got me "turtles" for Valentine's Day so when in the store a few days after they had the Russell Stover turtles "buy one get one free"... so I did. Couple days later when I was in the same store they had them 70% off & with that kind of bargain I just had to buy a couple more. When getting my physical this morning & blood draw I explained that my blood would probably test 90 proof Russell Stover turtles. I wasn't kidding, I've polished off more than half of one large box.  :-[   bad shirley, BAD SHIRLEY!

Snow almost all melted so I washed poor little red car... couldn't get in & out without getting pant legs dirty. I did NOT chamois it off this time, took some paper towels to windows & a little of the chrome.  Not the spit shine it usually gets, but supposed to rain tomorrow & turn to snow.

FlaJean

I haven't seen Jack post for several days.  Hope all is well with you, Jack.

Amy

I noticed Jack was missing also.as he would comment on the dog video. Hope he soon checks in.
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

I've been thinking the same, Jean & Amy....... WHERE ARE YOU, JACK???

angelface555

It might be easier to ask Michael where Jack's at. His last post  https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=150073  listed him as a logged in guest and he's not showing on the membersip rolls as of today. 

Amy

Received this from Jack.

Amy, I should have said something but I dropped out of Seniors last week.   I did not get into the conversation posts, since I was unable to remember details.  I limited my posts to Photos and Slide Shows.   Last week I received a ton of emails and with other changes in the site, I decided it was time to close out my info.   I am unable to now post unless I again log into Seniors, and will not do so.    My thanks to all for the past few years but at this point I may do nothing but look in on occasion
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

Jack wv, come back if you can, even if our site now is a mess... you and Mimi mean so much to us... :(
" There is no present like the time "

FlaJean

I'm sorry to hear that Jack has dropped out.  We had such a good group in the Photo and Video folders for a few years, but so many friends are no longer with us.  I'm afraid time has taken a toll.  I will surely miss his photos and videos.

Amy

.Jean,I loved his photos ,videos of Mimi and the deer.
I hope he does come back!
Jimmy Dean

FlaJean

Amy, I got your message but I couldn't figure how to Reply in this new system.  I'm so glad Jack was able to reply to you.  Didn't mean to make the above font so large. 😁. My finger hit the wrong number.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jack wv...I have emailed you, I want to be seeing Mimi and Oglebay again...

Amy

It is ok Jean. I had checked Jack's home page and saw that he had not  been in and was now
registered as a guest. I really hope he comes back.
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Jack,I am sorry we've lost you from S&F but I know the changes have been frustrating to many.  I don't do some things the way they're intended, but they do get done and I just keep it that way.  I have never tried to do anything like posting photos and I do not intend to.

I've enjoyed sharing information with you since I butted in the West Virginia folder in SN and I'll miss reading about you and Mimi.  Good luck in the future.

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Jack, I hope you are reading here and will come back and post soon.  I miss you and Mimi!  We native West Virginians need to stick together!!!!

Sue

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, that is amazing.  There certainly is a lot of trust involved.

Mary Ann

Joy

I just checked in here, after seeing several postings about Jack dropping out of our S & F group.

I am just so, so sorry to hear this news.   I don't always come here everyday,  but do check in regularly to see the photos.  I just can hardly believe we won't be hearing anything anymore about his Mimi.

I sure hope he will reconsider his choice to drop out.   Jack,  you just don't know how much your photos and videos are going to be missed.  This just really makes me feel so bad. 

I had told him many times that I was so hoping to be able to get to see the Oglebay mansion and hopefully meet up with him and Mimi one day.  I only live about maybe 5 hours from that area.  I don't travel much anymore, but that was a trip that would be doable, I think.  I had hoped that one of my son's could have taken me and we would have done a little tour of Pittsburg.  My husband worked for H. J.Heinz, and we made several trips up there over the years.   I know there were several places that we liked in Pittsburgh.   The old train station is a great restaurant now, and we have been there several times.

This news has really put a damper on this already dreary day.

I know that Jean was slow adjusting to all the changes, but she is back with us and always enjoy her and Larry's  pictures and videos.  Jean, so glad you have made your way back.

I sure hope  it was just due to all the changes that has made Jack drop out. 

Joy
BIG BOX

JeanneP

I am just reading at the moment as w10 is driving me a little crazy. also not understanding the changes here in SandF. It is giving me a hard time signing in. Must really be hard to understandif new people trying.
But can't believe that Jack would cancel out. Can't be true . He has to come back in. Without seeing his photo,s along with watching him with his dog  daily along with the help he gives. 

So few of us left now. Many from the previous Senior Net. I want the old ways back. Making it easier for new members to join. It should be made easier for seniors to use. Less tech. As most of us no longer wanting to learn new things. We just want to have fun enjoying what elders doing as time goes by.
JeanneP

FlaJean

Amy, that video was so nice.  I noticed that after the bath the bird sat on the man's shoulder.  Years ago we had a parakeet that was so tame.  My husband would move his fingers and it was like the bird climbing stairs.  He would sit on Larry's shoulder every chance he had.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P...
...you couldn't have worded it better, yes just like the way it was before..as others have mentioned, several members left after the first changeover, now more have left since this new mess up, including our Jack..
It is just a shell of once what it used to be, it once was so thriving, so alive and fun.
Joy...
...do if you can, do a meet up with Jack, and go do an Ogelbay visit with him and Mimi, I know you wont regret it...Oh and dont forget to give Mimi a kiss from me ( Jackie from across the pond. )

Jack wv has been in touch with me and assures me he has left...