Random Image

Books

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindancer

Mary Ann, I am in a hurry right now, but I wanted to thanks you for posting, how I can see the Soo canal. I always got add for a cruise, when I check out the channel

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

angelface555

MaryAnn, in 2010, we had five inches on the ground in town. In 2017 we had  78.4 inches by February, the paper reported, "So far, this is the 10th snowiest winter to date, based on snow accumulation totals, said Rick Thoman, Alaska climate science and services manager with the National Weather Service in Fairbanks.

This winter is notable because most of the snow has fallen in the past three months, Thoman said. It also stands out because the Interior’s snow was concentrated in the Fairbanks area.

In November, Fairbanks was well below average for snowfall. The next three months more than made up for it, with big storms in late December and this week.

If only December, January, and February are considered, this year is the fourth snowiest in Fairbanks weather history, Thoman said."

The year before there was very little snow and several ice storms, outages and some trees down. I always think Michigan reminds me of Buffalo with lake effect snow. My friend there once had snow over her roof! Or like poor Gloria when she had to wait to be dug out one year due to drifting snow.

Up until my fall in February of 2014, I walked everywhere because I am unable to drive, bus schedules rarely matched up with my work schedules, and I enjoyed it as time spent for me. The two extremes are walking eight miles each way one summer in 104 degrees heat and one winter walking ten miles each way at minus 68 degrees. Or during a bad fire season in 2004 when I walked six miles each way in dense yellow pollution from the nearby but not that near fires. 2003 was the beginning of the severe drought which ended last fall.

People felt sorry for my having to walk, but I gained so much and saw wildlife and plants rarely viewed by those speeding by. I loved it.

I have a different cam site for Duluth, but it has the same views. Callie, those "grain silos" are actually loading and unloading piers for various ships I believe.

WOW! That pie sounds like a lot of work! Do you mind if I lift it and put in in the recipe folder?

CallieOK

Thanks, Mary Anne.    I missed the first one but, since I'm on the same time as Duluth, etc., I'll try to catch the second one.
I often scroll waaaaay down to the map and find various ships.  Have even moved the map far enough to find the Soo locks - but usually have a problem finding my way back.   ;)

I don't mean the hotel at Pier B.  I'm talking about the row of buildings to the far right where the streaming stops.  The ships usually turn right out of the main harbor area just before that and we can't see them on the other side.

Patricia,  Alaska and Yukon Territory were having a heat wave when we were there.  It was miserable in the Whitehorse hotel because they didn't have a/c and the local Sears store had run out of fans.
I have a newspaper clipping from the day we left Fairbanks.  It shows smoke so heavy that some were being evacuated.  Had stayed up to get a picture of the midnight sun but it was so clouded by smoke that it barely shows through.
So - no "atmospheric" fur coats for us on the dog sled ride!    We were pulled by a team of dogs through the Iditarod tourist center.

angelface555

Sounds nice Callie! in the summer here, tourists can be pulled along in a sled by three young dogs after getting photographed. The past three summers have been notable for rain, and I miss those hot days after rain summer and winter!

angelface555

NEW SCAM ALERT!

"These days, I usually don't answer our home phone line. It's usually someone raising money or it's a robocaller.

But what if a company or government agency that you trust calls? I'd pick up for the NYC Department of Education, for instance. And that's what scammers are counting on.

You can't believe what you see. Just today, the FTC sent out a news release warning people not to pick up if you see the Social Security Administration customer service number (800-772-1213) on their caller ID.

And it's not just company and government agency numbers that are being faked. Scammers have also been known to spoof the names and numbers of family members.

Find out how to spot and caller ID scammers and what you can do to ensure you don't fall into their traps in my story on Techlicious."   https://www.techlicious.com/blog/scammers-spoofing-ssa-other-government-services/?utm_source=Techlicious+List&utm_campaign=ab6584a9db-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_10_29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5ee95b0b14-ab6584a9db-189582833

Mary Ann

Patricia, Michigan is not like Buffalo.  Lake Michigan is long north and south while Lake Erie is long east and west.  And Lake Erie is more shallow than Lake Michigan and has been known to freeze over.  Lake Michigan might freeze quite far out, but usually not entirely.  Lake Michigan is approximately 60 miles wide from Muskegon to Milwaukee - give or take several miles.  When the wind blows from the west toward Bufffalo the lake effect snow can be very deep and thick.  That is why you hear about the snow depths of Buffalo but not Muskegon.  In Michigan the deepest snows are in the UP - 300" in Herman, for instance.  The eastern side of Michigan has much less snow because the wind usually blows west to east so by the time it gets to Detroit, Flint and Saginaw the snow has disappeared.  I do remember one year, however, when that reversed, but that does not happen often.  One year when Norm was in Germany, we had 150" of snow but our average is more like 75-80 inches.

Callie, I often move the map around but lately they've changed it and you don't find the ships far out in Lake Superior, only those nearby.  When the ships turn right in the harbor, I sometimes follow them on the map.  I don't know what any of the buildings are that far back in the harbor.  I just looked for the Burns Harbor ship and it is still at the dock.  If you look at the speed, it is 0.0, so it isn't going anywhere right now.  Click on the name Burns Harbor on the map and more info comes up.

Thanks, Patricia, about the scam; I would probably not answer it anyway and let them leave a message. 

Feel free to post the recipe, but you might want to go online to see where I got it; Martha Stewart's was first and this was just after.  I didn't think about sources on B&T but the recipe folder has wider viewing.  It was a fun pie to make but I was much younger and I made it at the cottage and time didn't mean much then. 

I just looked for the source for the pie and it is Southern Kitchen.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  yes,  I see on the map that it's still there.  Wanna bet it will go while I'm in the kitchen getting dinner?
I can find ships that are probably docked "around the corner" but would still like to know what it looks like.

angelface555

Thanks for the lake information, MaryAnn. That explains a lot I didn't understand and also info on the pie!

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  I saw it !  Noticed on boat list that it had departed at 6:09.  Camera was dark when I clicked so thought it might be blocked.  Checked another cam and went back.  There she was!   It had taken about 15 minutes from departure to clearing the camera.
Off to find something for dinner....feeling smug.  😁

Mary Ann

Good for you, Callie.  We had a late supper and I have just gotten on the computer - so I missed the ship leaving.  I haven't looked at the boat sites either.

Patricia, when you don't live near certain situations, you don't think about them.  Like people's ideas about Alaska, or you comparing Michigan to Buffalo.  I've learned a lot about Alaska and its differences from you and I never would have wondered about the differences otherwise. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It looks like we will have another beautiful, sunny and mild day with it getting only into the mid-70's.  The maintenance man is to be here this morning to pressure wash the house and start on some minor outside maintenance that will get us ready for winter.  A friend will be here to work with me at 10 am for an hour and that is going to be plenty for today.  I have already fixed my medicine boxes for the next two week and cleared everything off the front porch.  I awoke around 3:30 this morning and just couldn't go back to sleep so got up pretty early.  Yesterday Scott came by to put up the blackout drapes in our master bedroom only to find out that the drapes were not long enough.  Fortunately Pat got them at Costco so they will be an easy return and she has already ordered the longer drapes so once they arrive the project will be able to be completed as she already got the rods.  Pat is giving me a break and is fixing her own breakfast this morning. 

Sandy, I take it that you are a Red Sox fan.  Are you a fan of the New England Patriots pro football team?  What a pretty smile the Fe has and that is a cute costume.  Thanks for sharing the picture. 

Callie, was your husband an Oklahoma State graduate?  If not how did your children end up going to school there rather than your alma mater?  I forgot about the blizzard when I was thinking of all the bad weather events you have in there.  Blizzards are not something we worry about here in South Carolina.  I suppose the sleds with wheels on them is how they train the sled dogs for the Iditarod race. 

Marilyne, I am seeing articles now about the fall in attendance to pro football games after the to do about the flag.  I have never gotten into watching hockey.  I think we will be having a very nice night for Halloween.  However, we will not participate. 

Patricia, I assume you are not upset at not getting much snow yet.  Alaska is a huge State as you have indicated.  South Carolina is a State of only 32,000 miles but we still have four distinct areas of topography.  It does sound like you may be in for a very interesting winter.  It is now so long since we lived in Anchorage that I don't remember too much about the weather other than how beautiful the hoar frost was early in the morning when I would go out to scarp off the car windshield so I could drive to work.  I also member how shocked I was that there were very few garages to park cars in up that way although I think the Federal Building did have a parking garage.  I did have the opportunity to go to Clear, Alaska on a job as well as the military installation in Nome.  You do have close ties to Missouri and must have a lot of relatives still living in the State.  I can't even image trying to walk as far as you used to to get to work in both hot and cold conditions.  Scammers are becoming more sophisticated all the time. 

Sue, those little ones pay attention to what their parents like and dislike.  The little boy became a baseball fan at a very early age.  Years ago I watched a lot of the Boston Celtics basketball games when Red Auerbach was the coach and Bill Russell played.  I really don't care for pro basketball anymore so don't watch the games or the playoffs. 

Mary Ann, I added your recipe for the Black Bottom Pie to the Desserts Recipe Index.  That recipe sounds like a lot of work. 

Mary Ann

Larry, that Black Bottom Pie was a lot of work and I made it only once. As I remember, it tasted good but I think there were only Dad and me to eat it.  It was very high.  I don't recall why I wanted to make it; it could have been that I saw something in a magazine about it.  I'm going to look for another recipe and I'll look for the Pie recipe and that could tell me what gave me the idea.

We are in the low 40s now and I doubt we'll get much over 50 degrees today.  As the sun is shining, I am not sure it will rain, but I did see some rain in the forecast during the week.

I got up about 6 am and when I saw it was 7:30, I decided to go back to bed.  Such a great convenience.  I got up again at 9 am and here I am.

Mary Ann

Joy

Good morning.   Gosh, I don't think I got in here yesterday.  There were sure a lot of new messages to get caught up with.

Too many to  comment on.

So, I will just say that I did enjoy reading all of them.  I have not been watching any of the web cams lately.  I don't like staying on the computer too long, as I don't want my legs to get swollen again .  They have been staying down for a while now, and I am pleased. 

I did like the conversation about the different kinds of pies.  I think that chocolate pie is my favorite. Although this time of the year, I am getting hungry for a piece of pumpkin pie. I usually will buy one. 

Don't have time right now to make any more comments. but just wanted to say "Hello" and let you all know that I am still doing well.   I did go to the exercise class that we have here on Monday afternoons.  It was fun and the hour went by pretty quickly.

Tomorrow, I probably won't get in here.   I will be gone most of the day.   Have to go for blood work,  a PET scan and then a doctor's appointment.  My daughter-in-law will pick me up after  the PET scan and we will probably go to lunch and then to the doctor's appt.  I am glad to get all these done on the same day.  The blood lab and the radiology center are both in the same building and the doctor's office is just a short distance away.  So, it all will work out well.

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

SCFSue

I hated rhubarb when I was a young girl and living with my sisters, grandmother, and her niece.  Grandma always had a dish of overcooked, slimy rhubarb on the kitchen table.  It was disgusting, IMO, and I wouldn't eat it.  Then when I married my husband and we were living in the boondocks near Brunswick, Maine, our landlord had a nice patch of rhubarb.  To please my husband, I found a recipe for rhubarb pie and made it for him.  I was astonished at how tasty it was. It seems that the overcooking of my grandma was the problem!

Sue

Mary Ann

Sue, my dad planted some rhubarb when we moved to the house where I grew up and I liked it.  I miss getting some now, but I don't get into the store to see if there is any.  I am sure Tom would not like it.  A friend of my grandmother, who visited us, would fix rhubarb with strawberry jello and that was tasty too.

Sue, you'd laugh but when I see you have posted something, I always think "Sunbonnet Sue".  The initials aren't the same, but that's what comes to mind.

Joy, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, including the timing.  Chocolate used to be my favorite flavor but I'd have to say that isn't true now.  I love Lemon Meringue Pie but going out Sunday mornings with Dot, she usually gets some form of cream pie (they vary) and I like those now, even more than lemon.  I'm very fond of apple and cherry pies too. 

We have a dreary day today but no rain seems to be coming.

It was strange just before noon when I could not get any of the ship cams.  The Soo said it was down for maintenance and none of the Duluth cams came up - just the black backgrounds.  I got dressed about 11:30 and when I am back, everything was working.  If you haven't seen it, Joy, the Soo has changed the location of the cam.  I am sure they'll change back again eventually, but it is nice to have a change of scenery.  Still at the restaurant but at a different angle.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann  The Black Bottom pie, sounds like a recipe from long ago - so many ingredients! Seems we had a lot of rich deserts back then, compared to now.  It reminds me of one that my mother used to make, called Tunnel of Fudge Cake.  That was delicious, and I'm sure it was as full of calories as the Black Bottom! 

Sue - my mom made a rhubarb pie, that was also delicious, and one of my favorites when I was growing up.   I have her old wood recipe box here, with all of her favorite cakes and pies and main dishes, on file.  It's unlikely that anyone will ever again look at those old recipes, or be interested in preparing them.

Joy - sounds like you have a nice day ahead of you tomorrow, with your dil. It will be relaxing to have a nice lunch, between doctor appointments and the PET scan. I'm sure you'll be tired by the time you get back home, but we hope to hear from you if you feel like writing.

angelface555

Good morning from a sunny but chill Interior! The snow isn't melting all the way but it is very wet out. Can you say humid in winter, is that the proper term?

Farrah is having the zoomies, we almost collided when I came into the living room just as she had leapt from the table to a chair. At six years of age, she no longer seems interested in playing with toys but she still gets the zoomies. Her coloring is changing as well, her back has darkened to almost a solid and her stomach is more white than orange. Her sense of entitlement hasn't changed.

Nothing new here, I have been sleeping in periods of two and a half hours at a time and the doctor prescribed some sleeping pills but they're more of an issue than the sleeping. It is still hard to start sleeping and then I feel drugged and find it hard to wake up in the morning. So I returned them to the pharmacy.

We had a lot of rhubarb pie and other rhubarb dishes growing up. If something wasn't already growing in our yard or garden, my mother transplanted it. We did so much tilling, planting, preserving and canning then and I grew to hate the work and love the results! Now I'm glad for the training and ability to do more on my own. So many folks just snack or eat fast food in the building, some eat out entirely!

Mary Ann

Marilyn, it's nearly 4 pm here and the Hon Paul Martin is just leaving the Soo.  After they get the water level down, Paul Tregurtha will go into the lock.  In case you're viewing.

Patricia, I notice the Kendrick's stripes are not as evident as when he was younger, but he still is an orange cat.  His stripes show on his forelegs and tail.  I'm sure he's been sleeping somewhere in the condo but he has not been on my bed.  Tom just left, so maybe he'll stay upstairs more.

I notice we're in the mid-50s today, no precip, but also no sun.  Lake Michigan is choppy and there have been whitecaps near shore, but none right now.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann - I missed seeing Paul at The Soo, and also didn't see anything else on any of the cams this afternoon.  We had to install the new operating system, Mojave, for both my Mac, and AJ's too, and it took over two hours to download!  I don't know how this will improve my computer, but those "in the know", say we should install it, so we did.

I'll return later, after dinner, and catch up . . .

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I did see Paul come into the Soo and watched him/her leave.  It takes about 20 minutes for the ships to be raised to Superior level but I don't think it takes quite that long to lower the level.

Tom has a Mac but I don't know what program he uses.  He hasn't said anything about a problem, only slowness which seems to have been a problem with the modem and/or phone system.  He wanted to change to Comcast but I asked him to check with AT&T and they had a faster program.  Tom said he is satisfied with the results of the change.  I hope you benefit from the change.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.   It is another beautiful day here in South Carolina.  We are suppose to get up to 78 this afternoon.  The maintenance man did a very good job of pressure washing and even washed out sidewalk.  The columns that were painted look very nice.  There are three little jobs he has left to do.  He put a new threshold strip on the bottom of our front door and now we can hardly get it opened or closed.  He fixed the gate hinge but it needs some more adjustment and he is fixing the top of the two end columns on our front porch so the birds cannot build nest there.  At noon time today we are taking Scott with us to eat at the Honey from the Rock Buffet over in Augusta.  This is his last day of vacation and is also his wedding anniversary, which is always a hard day for him.  I did get a very good nights sleep and plan on just taking it easy today as yesterday did a couple of things that brought on severe angina attacks.  Fortunately they didn't last long but they always leave me feeling extra tired, which may be from taking the nitro tablets. 

Mary Ann, seeing all that the recipe required I can understand why you wouldn't make the black bottom pie routinely if ever again.  It is going to be a nice warm evening here for the youngsters out in their costumes although we won't be seeing them as will not be participating for about the third year.  I am with you on lemon meringue being at the top of the list but also like coconut cream and chocolate pies about as much. 

Marilyne, I don't think about calories when I think of desserts.  I also like cake but chocolate is my favorite. I had a new update to the operating system on my iPhone last evening that was released yesterday.  I see Apple introduced a new Mac Mini yesterday that sounds like a nice computer.  I have never had an Apple computer, just the iPhones and the iPad. 

Joy, you are wise to try to keep your feet up as much as possible.  It sounds like you have a busy day planned with all of the medical appointments. 

Sue, I know exactly what you mean about rhubarb.  I didn't like it when my mother fixed it and still don't like it today.  Years ago a friend fixed a strawberry rhubarb pie and it wasn't too bad as managed to eat it but certainly would never be a favorite. However those big leaves on the plant were a lot of fun to play with as they were sort of like umbrellas.   

Patricia, glad you are seeing some sunshine up your way.  I bet the humid weather is a shock to the natives and people who have lived in your area a long time.  Sorry to hear that you have problems sleeping for any extended period of time.  I was able to sleep very well last night and feel a lot better this morning because of it.  I seem to require a lot of rest and sleep.  Our eating habits have changed drastically from what Pat did for so many years. However, one does what one has to and preparing big meals is no longer a desirable thing for us and we do eat out often.  Eating out today we will be having a very good meal. 

Mary Ann

Larry, that is some maintenance man who took care of so many things other than the power washing.  My dad could do just about everything and it was hard adjusting to having no one to turn to for repairs after he died.  Dad was a teacher and after being with kids all day, he had little patience with Norm's "no" when Dad asked him to do something.  I was the one who helped Dad with any repairs, however, I would not attempt to do any of them now.  Norm learned more from his then FIL, however, I can't say he did any repairs for me, just around his own homes. 

I feel for Scott if today is his wedding anniversary.  It's been 77 years and I have gotten over it, but today is the anniversary of my mother's death and I do remember it every year.  Needless to say Halloween is not my favorite time of the year.  For the first time in years, I have no candy for the kids and I have not had kids come to the door here, maybe the first year I was here (37 years ago).  Few kids wear costumes but I imagine those that might, go to an organized activity.

When I finish here (S&F), I'll see what ships, if any, are at the Soo or Duluth.

Radar looks like it might be nice today.  Because it was raining last night, Tom went out to drive and said there were fewer drivers because of the rain.  Business was good but not great!!!  Not many whitecaps on Lake Michigan.

Mary Ann

Carol

I have been trying to catch up on your news.  I'll look at the Duluth cam soon.  Sure have walked there many times and we used to take the children up North in the winter to ski and visit relatives - and always take them on a sight-seeing tour.  Don's home town & university. 

I think it is about time (next year) for us to make a Minnesota drive.  Meanwhile, several cousins from there will be coming to visit us in Arizona  - this fall and later in winter. 

I brought my new 6 quart Instant Pot and haven't used it much here.  You are right when you mention so many ingredients (having switched to a lot of vegetable recipes). 

Mary Ann:  Sorry for your memories of Halloween.  Not many years ago, we lived in Fort Collins, Colorado and I had a new job just as Don had a new job.  I had to fly to Seattle as dad was in hospital & not responding.  He died on Halloween and mother passed on Thanksgiving of the same year.  She was in an Alzheimer's unit in Minnesota.  So, those holidays have not been as joyful sometimes.  Hugs for you.

It snowed - 2 inches of snow last night at home - Colorado (near Jenny).  Here, in Tucson, flowers are still blooming and it is finally cooling.   

angelface555

Good morning from the no longer so humid Interior! The remaining snow is slowly melting, we've had overnight freezing rain but yesterday was sunny and all next week is expected to be the same. Temperatures, however, have dropped into the teens for highs and lower teens for lows.

I haven't given out Halloween candy for years as this is a secured building and most children go to schools, churches, and businesses for trick or treating anymore.

Farrah has gotten in the Halloween mood by repeated zoomies from the couch to table to chairs, accompanied with hoarse growls.

I have nothing planned until the third when I have some shopping and bill paying planned and dinners out both Saturday and Sunday.

Heres hoping for a good day for all of you doing and going just as you want!

angelface555

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

[attachimg=1]

Marilyne

Larry - We've never had our house power washed, and I don't know if others around here have it done or not?  I'm pretty sure our son has never had it done at their house either. Is the purpose of power washing to clean the exterior walls and siding? 

Mary Ann - My brother's birthday was Oct 30th, so during our growing up years, mother always had a combination birthday/Halloween party for him, with all the neighborhood kids coming in costume, decorations, etc.  So of course I've been thinking about him, not only yesterday, but today too.  It's been just a little over a year since his passing. (Oct. 5) This year has gone by so fast . . . every year seems to be shorter than the last.

Carol - nice to see you checking in here.  Whereabouts in Minnesota, do your relatives live?  We visited my husband's aunts and cousins there once, and I really liked it.  So beautiful and green, with lots of lakes. (we were there in Summertime.)

Mary Ann

Carol, thanks for the hugs.  Seventy-seven years is a long time and I have gotten over my mother's death, but Halloween has too many memories.  I'm sorry your father died on Halloween too.  Thanksgiving often is on my mother's birthday, at least every six years (November 27).  Fall is not a good time for me with too many sad memories from September through December.

The sun is shining brightly here now and we even are over 50 degrees.  Tom is out on errands, the he'll drive for a while.  The semi-driver recruiting is not good all year long, but kind of died down this time of year.  Christmas is coming and Tom wants to have some money for gifts for his family.  I do send money to each family, but as a rule, we adults do not exchange gifts.  I want to get something for the four young children - ages almost three and almost two. 

In the Random Image picture to the left of this screen is a picture of Sun Knowles and Ila (who I do not recognize).  I wonder how Sun is doing- if she is doing).

Marilyn, I remember you writing about your brother, and you posted a picture, but I did not remember the date.  Your memories are newer than mine and I'll give you a hug.  I checked the ships and all of them seem to be working tomorrow.  Oh, some later today.  Paul will be in Duluth later today.

My dad was born and raised in Elba and Plainview Minnnesota.  I have my only cousin living in Edina, a suburb of Minneapolis.  Dad and our family used to travel there every three or four  years to see Dad's mother and brother and his family.  My cousin and her children are the only ones left in the state.  My mother was from Wisconsin.

Mary Ann

Tomereader1

I was just thinking back, pretty far back,and was wondering if MaryPage is still around and posting.  Her profile said she posted in Norm's B&T and Bosom Buddies, but I haven't found any posts by her in either spot. Could someone update me?  Call me crazy but when I don't see someone posting, I w-o-r-r-y!

Lindancer

Good afternoon Sunny, went to my primary doctor today at 11 then to the hematologist blood work was good so did not need the extra expensive shot

Larry. I also like lemon meringue pie, second is coconut cream.   Of course I still like my lemmon DD.

Mary Ann, I enjoy all those Cam cameras. I followed the Queen Mary out the other day. I never knew abot them, until ypu showed me the way.

Marilyne, I have my place power washed every couple of years, to day one the neighbor just cleaned my gutters

Patricia, I never know how many children I will have for Halloween, one year I had neatly 50. people use to bring them in by the car loads. The parents must think a senior park is safe. Last year Riverhead had a parade, so we only had a few

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Joy

Just getting in here to say Hello.

I have been busy for several hours going through piles of papers, unopened mail, catalogs etc.  I just don't understand how it all builds up so quick.  I know the other day, I received 6 catalogs in the mail.  I think my name is all over the country.  And, some of them, I have never heard of before.

I got very lax in opening junk mail while I was recuperating.  So, it really had piled up.  Got a whole bag of stuff to go in the recycling bin and tied up a whole bunch of catalogs to recycle.

Funny, someone just mentioned Mary Page.  I was just thinking about her the other day.  I so miss her very elaborate descriptions of so many things that she would talk about.  Especially all around the Annapolis area, where she lived.  She could really describe some beautiful settings.  I think a while back, she said she was not going to be on the computer anymore.  She is really missed.

Not sure if there is anybody still around that keeps in contact with her.  I know where she lives, but never get down to the Annapolis area anymore.

June, I am looking at your pretty face in the Random Image picture on the side of the page here. 

Halloween is a very quiet day around here.  We don't get any little trick or treaters here where I live.  I think the town does have a community get together for the children.

Hope everyone will have a nice evening.  Our weather is really nice today.

Joy

BIG BOX