Random Image

MaryAnns new twin babies

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, August 14, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Soda Shoppe

for August 15, 2018, 2018

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

so_P_bubble

This man was really lonely, so he posted an ad on a popular website. The ad said, simply: "Wife wanted."

He was surprised the next morning to find he had over a hundred replies in his inbox. Unfortunately, they all said the same thing: "You can have mine."

so_P_bubble

One night as I was putting my
2 1/2-year-old daughter to bed,
I saw a bright full moon in the sky. I let her look at the moon for a minute and then asked, “Who made the moon?”

“God,” came her reply.
“And the stars?” I asked. Again the answer was, “God.”
I continued with a few more questions: Who made the trees, the flowers, etc. Finally I asked, “Who made Daddy?”
She said, “Grandma.”

so_P_bubble

Store Robbery

A robber came into my store and stole $100 from the register without my knowledge. A few minutes later, the same guy came back with the $100 he stole and purchased $70 worth of items and I gave him $30 in change. How much money did I lose?

[attachimg=2]

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a special "good morning and THANK YOU to you Bubble for our brand, spanking new home...the jokes and the pictures.  However, I have to take exception with the riddle.  I think he got $130. from the storekeeper. 

Originally he got $100.  He came back and exchanged $70. of that money for $70. worth of merchandise.  Technically he still has $100.  It's just in different form.  Now the storekeeper gave him another $30. in change so he now has $130.  Tell me what's wrong with my thinking.  It's still early here.

Shirley, "To Catch a Thief" came out in 1955.  Depending on when it got to Lewisburg, it could have been a smoochy date or a nice young married couple having a night out.  We were married in June of 1955.  I've also seen it many times over the years.  I have it on tape AND DVD.  I'd bet in the intervening 65+years I've probably watched it at least once a year since VCR came on the market.

I'll be off to Wally World today.  Wish me smiles, short lines and my favorite CSM.  I wish you all the day of your dreams.  Color it to suit your whim.  Enjoy!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I have Larry in random images smiling at me this morning :)

Hubby wants his hair cut this morning so into town we go. I did some laundry last night and that needs to be put away. Lunch will be the chicken soup I made the other day and will worry about supper later.

Larry, I did 8 of those and a friend gave me two tops she didn't want so they also went.

Shirley ,as you know fall just brings a different work routine, getting ready for winter  and I want to do some canning/pickles. I wonder just how long the cover stays off the central air unit??

Jane ,have a great day at work and I hope you hear from your roofer too.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Be back later, had a post ready to fly (sitting in half dark) and hit a wrong key & it disappeared except for first line & I gotta get moving.  Have a schedule to meet & never enough time to do it all....rush-rush. 

Love your graphics, Bubble.... the old fashioned perfect for a melancholy morning.... but your imagination was flowing with that collage of shapes & colors!  Fascinates me how you put so much together & make the eyes search them out.  I have no imagination & recognize it takes a special person to do that, beautiful. Thanks for sharing your time & talent.

Jane, if that movie came out in '55, I saw it in England. We went to a lot of movies until the baby was born in Jan of '56.  I can count on one hand the times I've been to one in a theater all these years since, but with TV, I can watch & do other things. By the way, that thief got away with $130 cash but total loss was $200 for the shop keeper, right? 

Amy, my husband had a haircut appointment every 3 weeks & almost always came home & asked me to "trim a little off this side.........".  He was convinced the barber got to talking & cut more on one side than the other.  I sure hope we have a fall this year, maybe one day of spring but I don't even remember that day.  Strange year.  Do the loons in your lake migrate or stay all year?  That is one sight & sound I'd love to wake up to out camping. 

Wild, wacky & wonderful Wednesday to all..... sounds like Callie is floating in OK this morning.  Stay safe & put on your water wings, Callie.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 'tis Wednesday and the landscapers are here waking everyone up with the mowers and leaf blowers. Cloudy but supposed to clear and sun shine later. Think I need some of Joan's Angel dust, having trouble sleeping the past couple of nights. Then do not want to wake up in the mornings.

JANE  if you were closer I would suggest you call my son, he was a roofer for years. How tall are you? Do you feel like you are lost with all the tall men in your family? Now the only one shorter than me is my 3 year old greatgrandson.

JUNE  my PC is here it is me that has not been up to posting lately. Do feel much better today so might write a book today.

SHIRLEY  like your sons I use much more pepper than salt. I always get the iodized salt but use very little. Occasionally I get a craving for salt and that is about the only time I will get some very salty pretzels.

BUBBLE  thanks for the new "book" to write in. Great graphics as usual from you, cute jokes, too.

AMY  have a good day.

LARRY  hello when you get here.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Jane, I'm wondering if the thief got $200 total.  He had the $100 and got $70 worth of goods plus the $30 back.  So the merchant was out the $100, $70 worth of goods and the $30 - a total of $200. 

It's early in the morning so maybe my thinking isn't too good yet.

Mary Ann

Joy

Good morning.  I know I have not been around for a while.  I had some family  and some health issues.  But, things are improving and I am slowly getting back to feeling better.

Nothing much happening in my little corner of the world.  It is pretty sunshine this morning. We have been having daily thunderstorms all around our state, but it hasn't been as bad in my area.  The storms appear and only have been lasting a short time.  Has been raining during the night and then nice and bright in the morning. The rains have been widely scattered.  Our local county carnival is going on this week at our town's fire department grounds. and it usually means a rainy week.  I think they have been lucky so that the rains have not really had a big impact on the attendance.  Tonight is the parade and sounds like it will go off as planned.  If I wanted to make myself go out front of our building, I would be able to watch it.  But, since I live at the back of the building and it is a good walk down to the front of the building,  I think I will just stay put in my place. I have seen enough parades in my lifetime. 

I have had breakfast and checking some places on the computer, so I will just wish you all a nice pleasant day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have a day with a zero chance of rain, according to the forecasters, which is pretty unusual this year.  It will get to the mid-90's this afternoon.  We did stay home yesterday and plan to do the same until late this afternoon when we plan on going out to eat.  We will meet Scott, and perhaps the girls, at Diablo's.  We haven't been there for quite awhile and we all like it.  The yard people are out working on the yards this morning.  Yesterday was a day of little accomplishment other than fixing breakfast for Pat and cleaning up the kitchen and then fixed the supper of the stuffed peppers, some salad and some applesauce.  I did finish listening to my audio book and began another one.

Jane, glad you were able to locate the leak and put buckets under it.  I sure wouldn't crawl into such a tight space and it gives me shutters just to think about doing so.  I hope you get a call back soon from a roofer.  I don't expect you will find such a small guy to fix your roofing problems.  I am sure you are very careful on the ladder and glad you have good handholds. 

June, I hope you enjoyed your lunch downstairs yesterday.  I know it is frustrating for you not to have you desktop to use. 

Shirley, you can assure your kids that what I said about the salt situation was exactly what happened.  I lost my appetite and it had gotten down to where when we went out to eat with our Church friends I couldn't tolerate the thought of eating anything but a scoop of ice cream.  This went on for about 10 days and wasn't a good way to lose weight, which I did.  The doctors never mentioned anything about the lack of iodine.  After that one occurrence I haven't had anymore problems with the sodium and still seldom use the salt shaker.  I am sure I get enough salt in the food when we eat out as well as canned and other foods.  The doctors didn't say anything about why I wasn't getting enough salt.  I am very sensitive to the taste of salt.  I did not know that the salt in the things we buy does not contain iodine.  I wonder why?  Glad to see you are a gracious receiver as giving is a joy to the person doing it when it is unexpected.  I used to love Twinkies and we used to take them in our school lunches on occasion that mother bought them. 

June, when I got tot he hospital my sodium level was down to around 20. I was experiencing some mental confusion and the doctor gave me a strict order to get to the hospital immediately and not drive.  Thanks for sharing that information. 

Jane, it sounds like Bucknell did a very nice thing for the community.  Alfred Hitchcock made some very good movies.

Bubble, I see you have done your usual fine job of getting us started on a new page.  Thanks.  Your graphics are really interesting, especially that second one. 

Amy, it sounds like you have a fairly busy day planned.  Thanks for the info on the quilts. 

Gloria, I sometimes wish our lawn folks didn't get such an early start but understand they have a lot of yards to take care of and they have to start somewhere.  We have someone come with the edger, one with the push mower, one with the riding mower for the small front yards and then the final one with the blower to clear the walks and porches.  I wish they just did this every two weeks rather than once a week but their contract calls for once a week.  Nice to see you are feeling better today.  I haven't eaten any pretzels for a long time so may get a big the next time at the store or have Pat put it on the Walmart order.  I am running a little slow today.  Yesterday I felt real peppy but taking my shower this morning left we tired and that is not usually the case.  I laid down for a little while afterwards. 

Joy, glad to see you posting this morning and read that you are feeling better.  Glad to see your weather hasn't been a bad as it has been some places. 

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Bubble, your art work is absolutely amazing!!!

Oklahoma City broke all kinds of records for one-day rainfall yesterday. However, that was mostly because two storms merged and "parked" right over the airport where the official measure is taken.
I was concerned about son/dil who live west of the airport but he said the bad part was east of them and they just had "a lot" of rain - no flooding.

The skies to the west of me looked ominous and the trees behind me were very still (often a sign of "bad things to come").   There was steady rain for quite a while but there isn't as much in the rain gauge this mornng as I expected. Certainly won't have to water for a while, though.

Larry,  I suspect we don't get iodized salt because some lab tech or medical guru (translate "on social media") "discovered" that it's "bad for you (translate: "will do terrible things to children") and  manufacturers were pressured into changing their habits.  It's amazing that so many of us managed to grow up and live as long as we have!!!   

Any movie that came out around 1955 could have been a smoochy date for me. 
There were two schools  in town- Elementary grades 1-6 and Jr/Sr high school grades 7-12, which was on a hill.  The local movie theater had a balcony that was technically open to anyone. However, somehow we "knew" we wouldn't be accepted to sit upstairs until we had gone "up on the hill".  I only remember seeing one older couple sitting there; they were checking up on their daughter, who had gotten the word and "managed" not to be there that night.
A new theater was built the first year I was in college.  So I don't know at what point we would have stopped sitting there and gone downstairs with the "old folks" - probably when we became too "worldly" to put up with the teenage shenanigans. 

Nothing on my agenda this week. 

Off to do something useful - like clean the pantry shelves, where I'm sure there are many items way way out of "use by" date.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day..

JaneS

We actually had two movie theaters in our little town when I was growing up.  The Roxy had a balcony but it only showed westerns and spook shows.  I did go there occasionally on a Saturday mostly because that's where most of the boys went.  I never got to sit near them because that all sat up front.  The one who eventually turned out to be my husband used to say that he had to sit on the left in the front because it was his job to throw all the chairs back in when the fell out during the bar fights. 

I remember taking my cousin to a movie there and my sister and I told her not to put her feet flat on the floor.  When she asked "Why", my sister said "Because that's when the rats run across your feet".  We had a hard time getting her to put her feet down so we could leave.

I had a neat thing happen at work today.  I was at a busy register and I had checked out an elderly gentleman who is a more of less regular customer.  He paid in cash and his change was $1. even.  After he had time to get to his car and unload his groceries, he returned to my register to tell me that I'd mistakenly given him 2 one dollar bills and he was returning one.  Isn't that neat!  It made my day! And 4 customers in line saw and heard the exchange and they all commented on it.  Nice Interlude!

I figured it out again and I still come up with $130. that the thief got away with.  Of the original 100 he traded 70 for merchandise.  He gave the clerk a 100 dollar bill and got back 30.  Now he....DANG!  He still only has $100......70 in merchandise and 30 in change!  It was a trick!  And darned if that isn't what Bubble told us....upside down under the riddle.  I'm a believer.

Amy

Another day has raced away..

Gloria, thank you for the giggle....I am 5'4 and it seems everyone towers over me except the little grands.....so far.

Shirley, he now goes to a lad here in town. When I would take him to the city ,he said the fellow did that same thing, if he clipped as much as he talked he would get a lot done! The loons leave before freeze up ,  when I was out in the garden  early this morning I could hear them calling. I shall miss them when they go.

Jane, what a nice honest gentleman  you had in your line.

Larry, hope you feel better...

Bubble ,thank you for the new graphics and giggles. Tell Don we miss him in here..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

Hi gang .so far it's a good day blood pressure still too high 167, but thats better than 180, so I went for Bible studies, then on to lunch 0n the big patio...good salmon  grilled.

We are having another lovely weather day. 86 for a high.

Gary called. I should get my desk top on Monday.I asked why it took long..he did not know.

our resident computer fixer did get my lap top working better. She is a marvel.  And I find using it on my lap puts it at a better typing level..I think. Nope,that did not work.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. had a nice little shower yesterday but nothing through the night, need more. have a doctor appointment at VA today. hope you all have a good day as you like today. 71º here.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

JaneS

Since I never said Good Night last night, I guess I better get with it this morning. So...

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've been up for a while and trying to combat the extreme fatigue I've been feeling lately.  I decided that it might be partly because I've been skimping on breakfast so this morning I made a cheese omelet and toast with my coffee.  We shall see!

Thanks for the "thumbs up" Bubble.  It took me a while but when I actually said it out loud, I GOT it!  You actually have to remember that it's a one hundred dollar bill (unbroken) that we're dealing with.

Now I'm off to do some catch up this morning.  I cleaned out the fridge while we waited for the boinger for the doggies pills so one of the things I'll have to do is take the trash to the dumpster.  While I'm in town, I have a couple of errands to run. 

I wish you all a great day.  Grab it and make it your own.  Fill it with the love of friends and family or enjoy your solitude.  It's your choice!

JaneS

I forgot to ask if anyone in here knows anything about HARP and where would be a good place to ask questions about it?

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Our morning starts out overcast but we are to see some sun today as well as clouds and a chance of rain is back in the forecast.  It is suppose to be in the mid 90's this afternoon.  Yesterday was a quiet day here.  Around 4 pm Scott arrived and we visited until it was time to go to dinner at Diablo's.  Once again we all enjoyed our Tex-Mex meal.  He didn't stay very late last evening.  The girls did not join us for dinner.  Today will be my typical Thursday.  I will stop at the Walmart Pharmacy to pick up a new medicated shampoo prescription.  My co-pay on this medication is over $50.  I am staggered that any shampoo can be so expensive and I sure hope it works.  Then I will pick up my friend and we will go to coffee.  After I bring him home I will again stop at the grocery pickup area and pick up the grocery order that Pat placed yesterday.  This will be the first time since this closer Walmart started offering this service.  Scott plans to be here at 11:30 to help unload the car although I told him it was't necessary but he wanted to come and help.  It will be nice to spend a little time with him two days in a row as usually it is only one day. 

I did not sleep very well last night after the first 4 yours.  After laying there for a couple of hours I got up and worked a jigsaw puzzle on my laptop and then went back to bed and slept fitfully the rest of the night.  There was no particular reason but it just was the situation. 

Callie, glad to see your son didn't experience flooding from all of that rain.  I agree that is it amazing that for thousands of years people were able to grow up and live (most not as long as we do today) but they weren't told this and that is bad for them and then later told it is OK.  Pat put three things in the trash last night from the refrigerator that were past the use by date.  Of course, when we were growing up they didn't have use by dates on things.  Pat likes to put a little strip of freezer tape on things we freeze with the date frozen on them. 

Jane, it sounds like your future husband had a serious job to do at the movies.  Funny story about your cousin and the rats.  That was kind of mean.  :)  It was nice of the man to return the $1 too much in change.  There are still a lot of honest and good people in this world.  When we went to eat last night we had the nicest young black man at the first food station who smiled and did all he could to make our dining experience enjoyable.  My son complimented him at the time we placed our order.  I hope your good breakfast helps restore your energy.  Going through the day feeling fatigued isn't very pleasant--I know.  If you haven't already done so just do a computer search on HARP.  I quickly did that and there is a lot of information.  I see the program is ending this year.  I think this is the program my son has utilized and it did reduce his house payments. 

Amy, I had you pictures a bit taller than you say you are basically because of being a farm wife and all that you do.  I know height hasn't anything to do with that as my mother was only 5'2" tall and she worked so hard on the farm and for a long time had a 9-5 full-time job in town.  I did feel pretty good yesterday, perhaps not as peppy as the day before, but good. 

June, now you can count the hours until you get your desktop back.  I could tell from your posting that you were probably feeling better yesterday since you were out for the Bible study and then lunch. 

Lloyd, hope your VA appointment goes well today and that you don't have to wait a long time.   

Gloria

Good morning everyone, finally had a good night's sleep. Feel more alive, yippee. Signed up for my flu shot yesterday, that will be the middle of October. So nice to get it right here.
The gremlins are at work on the PC lemon again. My Skype has gone on vacation. Would not work yesterday so called my daughter instead. Sent an email  SOS to my grandson. Been 7 months since I had to ask for his help. That was the longest stretch on this lemon that I did not need help.

LARRY  I never used much salt but like my Mom always bought iodized salt. I salt the water when cooking vegetables and roasts when cooking but never added to the food in my plate. Wonder if a lack of salt is what took my appetite away or if it is one of the pills I have to take now. The lawn folks start here right at 7am. They might like to start earlier while it is still cool but no noise before 7. Cannot remember the last time I felt peppy.

AMY  I am a real shorty now and every thing in this building is too high. The counters and sinks ad stoves.  A lot of shorties live here and like the rest of them I agree it was a tall man who designed every thing. Then my son tells me it is the standard height that is proper these days. Fooey, that height is for the tall young ones not us seniors that this building is for.

LLOYD  I wish you real help at the VA today.

If I don't get moving my CNA will be here and i still have not had breakfast. Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

I'm here,partly woke up feeling weak dizzy,unhappy. so,aim staying home and letting life happen. as wise as we  should be, we are never in complete control, life happens. like not being able to control our computer. Be happy my dear ones . June

JaneS

Feel better soon, friend JUNE!  Take care of YOU!

Amy

Good afternoon everyone..

I hit the floor a running this morning, yes slept in a bit...again.  As soon as I feed the dogs I get dressed in case I need to help Golden girl should her legs fail when she is out. She surprised me and when I went to go out,she was coming in :)

Delivered a quilt today then did some sewing, too hot to work outside. Day passes so quickly anymore. Listened to the Blue Jays and it is the call they make in the fall.is it coming soon???

See I am needed better go...take care everyone..
Jimmy Dean

June Drabek

Thank you Jane dear. all is well........or will be :thumbup:

JaneS

i'm off to bed!  Tomorrow is another work day!  I bid you all Good Night!  Sleep peacefully and wake refreshed. 

Lloyd Hammond

I am right behind you Jane Good night everyone. sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite. sweet dreams.
they are calling for sever thunder storms for us now tonight.

Lloyd

Denver

Good night, EVERYFRIEND!

Busy day trying to get the house back in order after our family headed back to Boston.  It sure was hard to say goodbye, however we will be seeing them in mid September when we head to Boston to stay with the boys while mom and dad go to Europe. 

Two sad cases of murder here in Denver..... I just do not understand how any person could possibly be able to murder a loved one.   Hard not to let something like this prey on your mind. 

I wish you all a good night of rest...pleasant dreams t9 all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"