Random Image

tractor

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

FYI: Upcoming site upgrade

Started by Oldiesmann, November 10, 2018, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Just a heads up to everyone, I will be upgrading the site to SMF 2.1 in the coming weeks. For those who aren't members of CP (another site of Pat's that I just did the upgrade on), the new version includes quite a few new features as well as a theme that's optimized for devices of all sizes, including smartphones and tablets. The new features include the ability to embed YouTube videos, the ability to like posts, a built-in notifications system, post/PM drafts (start working on a post, then save your work and come back to it later without having to keep the site open) and a few other things.

I will keep everyone posted as to when the change is happening so you're not caught off guard :)

so_P_bubble

Thank you Oldiesmann, that sounds quite interesting, especially the post/PM drafts.
Just wondering: does the new version also includes the possibility of a chatroom?

Oldiesmann

I did find something simple that should work for our needs, but I'll need to play with it a bit more to make sure :)

Marilyne

Oldiesmann - any chance that we will ever be able to post photos directly from our desktop?

Amy

Oldiesman, I just want to say thank you for all you do. Not an easy job but you keep us up and running smooth!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Marilyne, that is already possible if you have resized to 650 pixels on the longest side and compressed to under twenty. You simply click on the below Attachments and other options. Directly below, you will see and click on Choose file. That opens to a folder window that you can use to navigate on your computer to anywhere you store your photos. Click on the photo chosen and to the right, click the down arrow and click on Inline full-size image. To follow through, simply click on the word Post on the lower right.

Marilyne

Thanks Patricia - I'll try it, and see if it works for me.

angelface555

Oldiesmann

For those who are curious, here's an idea of what things will look like after the upgrade. I'm still testing a few things to make sure everything will work properly first...

https://new.seniorsandfriends.org

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Oldiesmann

Current plan as of now is to do the upgrade late Thursday/early Friday (midnight or 1am eastern, 5/6am GMT). Still need to do a bit more testing of a couple things before I do the upgrade :)

Oldiesmann

Still planning on going through with the upgrade late tonight / early tomorrow morning (Thursday night / Friday morning). I'll let you know if that changes.

Oldiesmann

Upgrade has been completed successfully :)

I am still tweaking a couple things so you might see something change, but if you run into any issues or have any questions, let me know.

Note that if the time is incorrect in the forum, click on your name in the upper left corner, then click on "Account Settings" and choose the appropriate timezone from the list.

Vanilla-Jackie

I am in but I see you have still some work to do...Thank you for automatically transferring our avatar photos and placing them back...that's one less job for me to do...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

I have two questions:
a) How can I use both Bold and Color without having to highlight twice?  It was remaining highlighted in the previous format.
b) somehow I don't seem to manage posting a photo in the body of the post. How is it done? Dragging it in from the desktop was my way of posting it.

so_P_bubble

There is a problem with the link to
What's For Dinner?  It does not open the discussion.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: so_P_bubble on November 16, 2018, 04:03:23 AMI have two questions:
a) How can I use both Bold and Color without having to highlight twice?  It was remaining highlighted in the previous format.
b) somehow I don't seem to manage posting a photo in the body of the post. How is it done? Dragging it in from the desktop was my way of posting it.

I'm not sure about the first question. For the second one, if you want to attach it to a post, you'll have to do it from the full reply screen (not quick reply). Just expand the "Attachments and other options" section and drag the image to the appropriate spot.  Then click the upload button and click the appropriate button to insert it into your post

Vanilla-Jackie

Quoting Bubble..." There is a problem with the link to
What's For Dinner?  It does not open the discussion.."
...the same for " Village Clubhouse~Place For Fun! Jokes and Humour " does not open, not that I plan on posting in there any time today...

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on November 16, 2018, 11:31:11 AMQuoting Bubble..." There is a problem with the link to
What's For Dinner?  It does not open the discussion.."
...the same for " Village Clubhouse~Place For Fun! Jokes and Humour " does not open, not that I plan on posting in there any time today...

Thanks for the info. I'll look into both of those when I have a chance.

Also, the broken smileys have been fixed :)

Oldiesmann

The URL problem seems to be affecting any topic with a quote or apostrophe in the title. I've contacted the developer of the URL rewriting thing about it and will fix things as soon as I can.

Amy

Thank you for the "new" look and all the hard work you do.
Jimmy Dean

angelface555

Michael, coding a post took me five tries as what I put in often disappeared or only partially worked in the finished post and had to be redone. Why is the add image to post shown in the message block and outside? It shouldn't be in the message block since it is shown below. I am also finding broken links.

Marilyne

Michael - what about the time?  My time says November 16, 2018, 07:26:33 pm
My West Coast time should be 11:28 AM right now.  That would be PST

CallieOK

I hope we'll be able to access and save a link to a list of the Forums in which we've posted without having to hunt through the entire list.

angelface555

I know a number of folks are complaining and talking about staying away until all changes are fixed and others are asking why the fix to fix what isn't broken? Attempting numerous times to edit a simple post before posting it as you want it to be will stop many members from continuing. Perhaps if some info had been released beforehand on what to expect may have helped?

CallieOK

Just saw the "Quick Edit" link at the bottom of my latest post. If it was there when I posted before, I didn't see it.
 It works!!!!!   :thumbup:

jane

Will there be a way to go to the first new post in a discussion in which we've posted as the older version had?  I sure hope so. 

EDIT:  It seems to come up for me now as "updated topics". I'll be interesting to see if this list will appear when I come in again tomorrow.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: angelface555 on November 16, 2018, 01:11:33 PMMichael, coding a post took me five tries as what I put in often disappeared or only partially worked in the finished post and had to be redone. Why is the add image to post shown in the message block and outside? It shouldn't be in the message block since it is shown below. I am also finding broken links.

I'm not sure why it's shown inside the box as well as outside. I don't think that's been fully updated for the new version of the forum yet.

Quote from: Marilyne on November 16, 2018, 02:28:50 PMMichael - what about the time?  My time says November 16, 2018, 07:26:33 pm
My West Coast time should be 11:28 AM right now.  That would be PST

You need to set the timezone in your profile. Click your name in the upper left corner, then click "Account Settings", choose the appropriate timezone and save it.

Quote from: CallieOK on November 16, 2018, 03:04:24 PMI hope we'll be able to access and save a link to a list of the Forums in which we've posted without having to hunt through the entire list.

Are you talking about topics or boards? There's currently no way to see a list of the topics in which you've posted, but it shouldn't be too hard to rig up a page to display that.

Quote from: jane on November 16, 2018, 05:35:18 PMWill there be a way to go to the first new post in a discussion in which we've posted as the older version had?  I sure hope so. 

EDIT:  It seems to come up for me now as "updated topics". I'll be interesting to see if this list will appear when I come in again tomorrow.

Yes, that's exactly what the "Updated Topics" feature is.

Also note that the broken links are fixed now.

CallieOK

Oldiesmann,  I'm pretty sure I mean what Jane said.  " Will there be a way to go to the first new post in a discussion in which we've posted as the older version had? "
Looks as if "updated topics" will work.

Thanks for all your work.  You are appreciated!!!

Vanilla-Jackie

When I click on email notification of a post it doesn't bring me into the post like it did previously but, it brings me into a blank page showing shoutbox plus menu above with welcome home to our S & F's banner..but no posts underneath just a blank that cant be scrolled down.........