Random Image

Burmese Bake

Owner: Chocky
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2018, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

While I was getting ready for my quick trip to WM, the phone rang and it was the custom frame guy telling me that my job was done and ready to be picked up.  Since he closed at 3 p.m.  I went there first and I love it!  My son is going to be delighted.  I brought it home and laid it in the middle of my bed so nothing would happen to it and I'll get it wrapped tonight and put in a safe place.  Then I picked up the GC that I still needed for Kiran and picked up the few items I still needed at WM.  Now I'm tired. 

I think I check and see if there are any zzzzs imbedded in the sofa so I can grab a few before supper.  I just managed to beat the "darks" home and I'm tired!  Keep on keepin' on Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

I don't know where the day disappears too??? Have been cleaning and getting things ready for Tue meal. I have cherry and blueberry cheesecakes made and just have to throw the trifle together  on Mon night.

For our Christmas meal we will have ham ,scalloped potatoes ,baked beans corn ,brussel sprouts and salads   On Wed our meal with be turkey and all the trimmings..

Mon we are off to the Dr for a TB test for hubby.......then home to finish preparing..

Jane, I hope you found some zzzs, you have been going a mile a minute there ...

Oh.I forgot to ask.....does anyone make a dressing with sausage and if so how?? I thought I would like to try that this year..thank you..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Just up from resting for a couple of hours.  I fixed the peanut cluster ingredients in the large crock pot before I laid down and now have it turned on for an hour.  They will then be ready to to stirred up and spooned out.  We are going to go out for dinner this evening as Pat has been in the house for several days and it is a beautiful afternoon after a couple of rainy days.  I am enjoying watching some good college basketball games this afternoon.

Lindancer, it sounds like the dinner for the homeless was a big success.  It is white chocolate bark with the semisweet chocolates and the white chocolate chips.  So I don't know whether you would need the white chocolate bark or not as the combination without it would still be very good. Pat said it is called almond bark. I just now spooned out 84 peanut clusters.  The clean up is also easy as the crock pot can go into the dishwasher. 

Shirley, I am sure you are in the midst of your Christmas celebration with your daughter and her husband and the little ones as I write.  I am sure you will be tired when it is over but a good tiredness. 

Jane, too bad that your favorite CSM won't be around in the future.  I agree with you about God being a definite presence in our lives.  Aren't we happy we realize it and can thank him for being with us each step, some steps of which are difficult. 

Phyllis, I had an attic fan in my last house but when it was re-shingled I had it removed as it had stopped working and so I had them put up ridge vents. At least your house is re-shingled and you should get no more leaks when it rains. 

Lloyd, it sounds wise to have the clean out in the line. 

Don, glad you can still talk with Bubble on the phone. 

Jenny, It is hard to get on those tables like the MRI or Pet Scan when one doesn't have a bad back so can't even imagine how painful it was for your dad.  I certainly hope they can do the procedure for him and that is gives him relief from the pain.  To bad your dad must miss the Christmas festivities but with his pain he certainly wouldn't enjoy it.  I am sure your dad would be very upset if you and Bob didn't go and participate in the festivities with your family.  So sorry that Matthew has a broken arm but at least they are not keeping him from being active and the arm will heal. 

Roley, thanks for the Christmas and New Year good wishes and the same back to you.  Thanks for the link to the video.  It has been many years since I participated in caroling. 

Amy, glad to see you missed the snow and hope the rain didn't turn into ice for you. 

Mary Ann, if any gifts have bows or ribbons on them someone else is going to do it.  I do have my limits.  :coolsmiley:

Gloria, maybe some of the sunshine we have enjoyed today will head up your way.  You are right there is a setting in browsers to set a homepage or just have a blank page come up.  If you have want you want to be your home page already loaded on the computer when you go to your setting I believe you have the option of just having your current page(s) set as your homepage.

Mary Ann

A former next-door neighbor had an attic fan put in instead of getting an a/c.  It was quite noisy and eventually she got an a/c and when the building roof was replaced, out went the fan. 

I've been collecting catalogs for recycle today.  I don't get nearly as many catalogs as I used to get but I certainly have a lot of them. I'm not done yet, either.  It's funny that I get catalogs once a year from places I have not ordered from in years. 

Amy, other than the corn, I'd love it if we duplicated your Christmas dinner.  Tom told me the other day that his friend, Mary, was going to bring a corn dish and I told him to tell her I wouldn't be eating any of it.  I hate to blame my mother for something, but she used to cream corn and I didn't like it.  Years later I found I was allergic to corn and I ignore the allergy in sweet corn season (I think I wrote this a few days ago somewhere).  If others like corn, she should still bring it; I just won't have any.

Dot brought another plate of cookies today and many of them were the peanut clusters, very rich so I am leaving them alone for the most part.

Now I'm going to see what I can get for supper as Tom is not here.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Rick, I think I found a place to post.there was a little mark way down in the coner rof the area below the emoticons. I dragged down on that little mark and found this area to post it. Let's see what happens.    
As long as we are here, let's dance.

June Drabek

Looks like it worked. I hope so. I really missed coming in. I have the lap top hooked up to the mouse and big key board which is a great help, but I will be so happy to have my desk top back again.

RAMMEL

Glad you found the post box. Seems many have or had problems with the new "improvements"  :tickedoff:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Denver

Good evening.

Thank you all for your kind words and support.  It seems it never rains but it pours!  I do not know how we are going to get my dad through 4 more full days before his procedure.  Seems these things always happen around a holiday to extend the time to wait. 

Matthew is uncomfortable with the "buckle break" of his arm, but he is most sad that it will prohibit him from skiing over Christmas Holiday. This is his first year that he and his dad got season passes and skis, and now he will miss the week of skiing that they had planned next week. 

For some reason I have been totally wiped out today.  I guess everything just caught up to me! I must get busy tomorrow and get things finished up or it will be too late!

MARYANN, attic fans can be very effective, but they sure can be noisy.  They can assist in cooling down a home in the early morning and evenings, so she could have s5ill utilized it even after she had a/c installed.  I would really like to get one as they are quite effective in Colorado.  There are some really yummy corn dishes, so it is to9 bad you can' Eat them. 

AMY, I do have a recipe for stuffing that has sausage in it, but of course it is sadly stored in my recipe file in Colorado.  I do not feel confident enough to tell you my thoughts of what I put in it even though I have made it many times....sorry!

JANE, nice to read you picked up the framed gift for your son and you are pleased with it.  I hope you were able to find those zzzzs!

CALLIE, cute story about your son and the nice side of his experience with a football injury and and the bigger Jefferson County football player! 

GLORIA, any pressure on my dads back is more than he can deal with at this point, but we, too, thought about a different one working. 

I am feeling like my bed is calling my name, so pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Looks like I missed saying "good night" again last night so I'll just wish you a very good morning today and a happy rest of the day.  I know that wish will be hard for some of you to attain but it's still what I wish for you!

I did find quite a number of those zzzzs on the sofa yesterday but not before supper.  The doggies had their needs and the phone was ringing off the hook.  I had some bad news from my Maryland daughter but there isn't anything I can do about it but worry so that's what I did in the afternoon.  While we had supper, I put in the movie The Bishop's Wife...the original version with Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Niven and Elsa Lanchester.  It's one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies and it put me to sleep.  So when I woke up, I had to finish watching it. 

This morning will be church.  I take the fruit cake in on the Sunday before Christmas every year and this is it.  I have one aside to drop off for a nice lady who used to be very active in our church and is now in semi assisted living.  Her daughter and my daughter graduated from high school in the same class and her son is now the principal at Kiran's school. 

I hope you all have a lovely day!  It's yours to do as you wish with it!  Make it special for YOU!

Amy

Good morning everyone...

No new snow  :)  Have a few gifts that need wrapping..one or two for Babe, two for next door Rex and Callie. One for my son's two Great Danes and that should be it for wrapping. Latter we will take a goodie tray over to the coffee shop for the staff.

Jane, glad you found your zzz's and sorry to read of not nice news from your daughter.

June, way to go!!! See, nothing can stop our June!! Know you will be happy to have your pc back but we are just thankful you have your lap top to come in here!!

Jenny, I found one that has all the ingredients I use in my bread dressing plus sausage.....will try that one. You must be running on empty with all the stress you are going through. Take time to just relax and breath ..

Need to get going.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

well was a good night for those zzzz's I just up at 6:33 and mostly dressed need shoes yet and go fiend some food. even though it would be better if i missed a few meals or at least make them lighter. but you know me on a sea food diet see food and eat it. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another beautiful morning starting out in the high 30's but we should be in the low 60's before the end of the day.  I have had a busy morning and it soon will be time to leave for Sunday School and then come home and pick up Pat for Church.  I will come back in this afternoon to leave some more comments as don't want to be rushed this morning.

mycheal

EVERYFRIEND have a very Merry Christmas and a bright brilliant happening NEW YEAR.

Keep smiling, keep the spirit, make it happen in 2019

Mycheal

Oldiesmann

I'm still looking into the post box. I increased the size of it but the problem is the emoticons are loaded after the post box so that in turn decreases the size of it again. I need to see if there's a way I can make it stay the size I want it.

Lloyd Hammond

well I seen a note I could change back to the setting i had. I clicked there but it did not fix things back like they used to be. I got the picture of our Christmas cactus on this computer,but so far am unable get it to post in
 S @ F.
Hope some of you will help me do so. it is very pretty. first time it has bloomed in long time. Have a great day.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is still a beautiful afternoon.  I led the singing and then did the devotionals for our Sunday School class.  I came home and got Pat and we had a very fine Worship Service.  The music was fantastic as we had a young man who played the violin accompanied by our wonderful pianist.  I believe the man is a member of the Aiken Symphony or the Augusta Symphony.  Our minister said he had experienced a very emotional week as early in the week he thought he was going to have to borrow money from his retirement fund to pay for his very expensive surgery.  However, the next day he was advised his surgery had been approved by his insurance company and then the next day one of our member came to his office and handed him a check for $10,000 to cover his deductible (this was from the secret contributions of the congregation for the purpose).  After the service we went to the Sunshine Grill and split a club sandwich and a serving of potato salad.  When we got home I rested for a couple of hours and am now watching the football game here in my easy chair.

Mary Ann, it is obviously cost effective to send out the catalogs and they are able to buy mailing lists.  I am going to try to limit myself to one peanut cluster a day, except perhaps for Christmas Day. 

June, good job on your posting. 

Jenny, will your dad have to stay in the hospital after the procedure.  When one is in such pain the hours can really drag.  Are you planning on staying after the procedure or will you head home? I know Matthew will miss being able to ski over the Christmas Holiday.  It sounds like the stress is getting to you.  Please take care of yourself. 

Jane, will you worrying do anything to help or change the situation with your daughter?  I have always like Loretta Young as an actress and also liked the other stars of that movie.  Nice of you to made the fruit cake for the lady in the assisted living. 

Amy, nice of your to take some goodies to the staff of the coffee shop.  My son and his wife used to give us a Christmas present or a card that indicated we were the dog's grandparents.  I actually was never impressed but never said anything. 

Lloyd, hope you had a nice day.  Like you I don't miss many meals. 

mycheal, thanks for the special wishes for the holidays. 

Oldiesmann, thanks for your continued work.

RAMMEL

Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 23, 2018, 01:47:38 PMI'm still looking into the post box. I increased the size of it but the problem is the emoticons are loaded after the post box so that in turn decreases the size of it again. I need to see if there's a way I can make it stay the size I want it.
Oldiesmann --- I don't know who realizes it but a comment may help, at least till you achieve what you are trying for.  BUT   the post box, even though it looks small, will expand as needed for the post that is being entered.  June said she dragged the corner down but that is not necessary.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Hahaha.... Rick, I can attest to that. I keep on typing & the box grows. Just now it disappeared and if it shows up posted already I think I'm just going to bed.

Lindancer

Good evening I am just stopping in for a minute, some friends are coming over. All the printing is coming out so large, is it my computer or is everyone getting the post very large?

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

RAMMEL

Quote from: Lindancer on December 23, 2018, 06:42:22 PMGood evening I am just stopping in for a minute, some friends are coming over. All the printing is coming out so large, is it my computer or is everyone getting the post very large?
I don't think it's your computer.  People are trying to print larger and we haven't yet come to a good size / conclusion.
   mycheal's post was especially big.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JaneS

Hello my friends!  I went out to deliver some things today and I stopped by my daughter's house.  Her daughter and husband had arrived from Texas and her son was there from Philadelphia.  I'd heard they all came in sometime yesterday.  So I had a nice visit with them.  Clint my GSIL (grandson in law) gave us all a little gift which we opened right away.  We all got a pair of sox with our own doggies faces on them.  Pretty neat.  We all put them on and put a foot in a circle and Clint took a picture which he forwarded to all of us. 

Then I came home and FINISHED my wrapping!  Hallelujah!

After that, I took a little gift over to my friend and neighbor, Mavis and had a little visit with her since we will both be busy with families tomorrow and Christmas day.

No, Larry, worrying about my daughter won't change things in any way but it's what we all do when our kids are hurting.  I can't help it!  She told me not to worry but....

MYCHEAL, thanks for the good wishes.  I'll take them to heart!

After that, today  was pretty good.I hope you all had a day as pleasant as mine was.  And I wish you all a restful night.

mycheal

Mycheals post surely was too large and he apologizes for it.

This change over is not as I said prior "user friendly"

RAMMEL

Quote from: mycheal on December 23, 2018, 07:45:20 PMMycheals post surely was too large and he apologizes for it.

This change over is not as I said prior "user friendly"
I think most people like a  4  setting for the font size.  Color and BOLD preference seems to vary.
Ain't we havin fun  :2funny:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

June Drabek

I am so happy I have found a way in. This has been a nothing day for me...still all tired out from the remaining pneumonia. Took the last pill today and I hope it kicks out the bug.

Santa was good to me...my favorite is a Christmas Cactus. Bright red flowers and dark green shiny leaves, plus yummy baked goods, and then "fun" stuff.At 94 years of age, I have everything, but my kids always find special treats.I will have a quiet day at home, just the way I like it now.

Time to go heat up some soup for supper and off to an early bed and book.I am finishing an oldie, C.S.Lewis, Mere Christianity.I read it years go but getting more out of it now. Have a Blessed night dear hearts. June
[a/size][/

Amy

Good morning everyone.........and it is an early one for me. Thought it was later than it was got up put the fire on ,made the tea and let the dog out...and then looked at the time....only 4:15 :o  Too late now to go back to bed as there is snow to deal with. Taking Kyle to the Dr this morning, heading there a 40 mon drive or so and back home to finish getting ready for tomorrow.

Mycheal.thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Have a Healthy Happy New Year.

June. dear me that darn pneumonia again???Sounds like you had a special day there with your "kids"

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Healthy  Happy New Year.

Better get my duds on and go shovel snow..too early to start the snow blower..

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

AMY Like you I woke up to early, but I got a good drink of ice water for the dry Mouth. Now back for some more ZZZZ'S. Nancy is sick Lot of bathroom time.Hope she will let me take her to the doctor today. if she doesn't get straighten out won't be any fun for her tomorrow and we will not be able to leave as planed for Tampa Thursday. see you later today. Back to bed now.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, just realised I never postes yesterday. Now I have some reading to catch up on. Will be busy today so might not say much.

AMY  your Christmas dinner is something I wish I was having. I love homemade scalloped potatoes and ham. I also like brussel sprouts but not many do in my family.

LARRY  I do know how to set he homepage but I an no good a explaining how.

JENNY  I am so sorry about your Dad and the pain he has. I feel mine is worse and bad at times but it is not as bad as his.

JANE  I watched White Christmas twice over the week end on different channels, still one of my favorites.

Not as many posts as I thought there would be. Have a good day everyone and I hope you get everything done today so you can enjoy Christmas day as you want.

Merry Christmas.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

:snowman: Good morning  Lloyd and Gloria, driveway shoveled and back walk way too. Light fluffy snow....can't make a snowman with it. :(

Gloria I like a tad bit of maple syrup on my brussel sprouts along with butter....yum!!
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

I came across this this morning. It is something  JOAN had posted at  Christmas in 2015. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did reading it again.
The "W" in Christmas
- Author Unknown

Each December, I vowed to make Christmas a calm and peaceful experience. I had cut back on nonessential obligations -- extensive card writing, endless baking, decorating, and even overspending. Yet still, I found myself exhausted, unable to appreciate the precious family moments, and of course, the true meaning of Christmas.

My son, Nicholas, was in kindergarten that year. It was an exciting season for a six-year-old. For weeks, he'd been memorizing songs for his school's "Winter Pageant."

I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd be working the night of the production. Unwilling to miss his shining moment, I spoke with his teacher. She assured me there'd be a dress rehearsal the morning of the presentation. All parents unable to attend that evening were welcome to come then. Fortunately, Nicholas seemed happy with the compromise.

So, the morning of the dress rehearsal, I filed in ten minutes early, found a seat and sat down. Around the room, I saw several other parents quietly scampering to their seats. As I waited, the students were led into the room. Each class, accompanied by their teacher, sat cross-legged on the floor. Then, each group, one by one, rose to perform their song.

Because the public school system had long stopped referring to the holiday as Christmas," I didn't expect anything other than fun, commercial entertainment - songs of reindeer, Santa Claus, snowflakes and good cheer. So, when my son's class rose to sing, "Christmas Love," I was slightly taken aback by its bold title.

Nicholas was aglow, as were all of his classmates, adorned in fuzzy mittens, red sweaters, and bright snowcaps upon their heads. Those in the front row-center stage -- held up large letters, one by one, to spell out the title of the song. As the class would sing "C is for Christmas," a child would hold up the letter C. Then, "H is for Happy," and on and on, until each child holding up his portion had presented the complete message, "Christmas Love."

The performance was going smoothly, until suddenly, we noticed her; a small, quiet, girl in the front row holding the letter "M" upside down -- totally unaware her letter "M" appeared as a "W."

The audience of 1st through 6th graders snickered at this little one's mistake. But she had no idea they were laughing at her, so she stood tall, proudly holding her "W." Although many teachers tried to shush the children, the laughter continued until the last letter was raised, and we all saw it together. A hush came over the audience and eyes began to widen. In that instant, we understood the reason we were there, why we celebrated the holiday in the first place, why even in the chaos, there was a purpose for our festivities.

For when the last letter was held high, the message read loud and clear:

"C H R I S T W A S L O V E"

And, I believe, He still is.
Amazed in His presence...
Humbled by His love.

May each of you have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year as you reflect on His Amazing Love for us.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christwaslove holiday season.

Shopping With Dad

I remember accompanying my father out shopping in the toy department of Macy's one Christmas Eve.

Dad said, "What a marvelous train set. I'll buy it."

The girl behind the counter looked pleased and murmured, "Great, I'm sure your son will really love it."

Dad replied with a glint in his eye, "Maybe you're right. In that case I'll take two."

Reindeer Facts

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.

Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.

We should have known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.

Post Office Trip

Maria went to the Post Office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards.

"What denomination?" asked the clerk.

"Oh! Good heavens! Have we come to this?" said Maria. "Well give me 30 Methodist, 20 Catholic and 15 Baptist, please."

Giving Thanks

Lee, A seven-year-old boy, was asked to say grace for the Christmas dinner.

The family members bowed their heads in expectation. Lee began his prayer, thanking God for his Mommy, Daddy, brothers, sister, Grandma, and all his aunts and uncles. Then he began to thank God for the food.

He gave thanks for the turkey, the stuffing, the Christmas pudding, even the cranberry sauce. Then lee paused, and everyone waited ... and waited. After a long silence, the young fellow looked up at his mother and asked, "If I thank God for the Brussels sprouts, won't he know that I'm lying?"

"How many observe Christ's birthday! How few, His precepts!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store." ~ Dr. Seuss

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." ~ Hamilton Wright Mabie

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast