Random Image

cablesign.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, January 14, 2019, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone..

- 32° F out there this morning, I sure hope this cold weather moves on. Global warming my foot!! Wish the wind would die down.

VON comes today then we will nip into town and pick up a few things.

Lloyd, glad you and Nancy are home safe and sound.Hope Nancy is feeling better.

Sandy, that is a funny thing to have happened to your  Life alert!

June,wonderful to hear you had a great day..

Jane, I hope this is the right fix for your droopy drawers..

Shirley, yogurt is next on my list to make. Just need a day that there is not a lot going on.

Better get ready for the day, if the wind dies down I will snow blow the path out again for the dogs.

Enjoy your day everyone.....stay warm and safe!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Mornng Everyfriend!  I thought it was cold here at 0º!  I'm really glad I'm not futher north right now...like in Northern Canada where AMY is!  I'll be happy to see signs of Spring!

I'm just checking in here.  I have to go make doggie food before they begin to bug me. 

SANDY, that's weird what happened with your Life Alert!  Things can get screwed up sometimes.  Was it someone you knew or a total stranger.

OOPS!  Too late!  There's a whiner behind my chair.  Later friends!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good morning on another cold morning.  Only 10 degrees right now, but it is sunny.

I did sleep pretty good last night and do feel rested today.

I can't play around on the computer this morning.  I have a doctor's appt. this afternoon, and it takes me a while to get myself ready. I do not like to have to rush.   And, then I will play cards tonight,  My appt. is at 3, so I won't have a whole lot of time after I get home to get a quick bite to eat and then get down for the card game.

Lloyd, glad that you are back home safe and do hope Nancy is feeling better. I agree with Shirley about stopping a lot to walk around. We used to do that, also.  Not good to sit in the same position for too long a time.  Hope this little set-back won't deter you from more travels. 

Hope Larry is feeling better today.

Jane, hope the nice lady you talked to will send you the perfect "fix" for your drawer problem.

Sandy, yes, that was strange.  I had a call the other day from my "Alert System" asking if I was ok. Evidently, I had leaned against the kitchen counter and accidently hit the alert button. But, I hadn't heard it beep. I was quite surprised when I got the call.  But, all was well.  That has happened several times before. 

Hope everyone will have a pleasant day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone
from the freezing cold and windy,
rocky coast of Maine .    It is 13 deg /F with
a wind chill of -5 deg/f ...   Last night
is suppose to be the worst for cold and low
wind chills. and it will be slow warming up
into the 20's (maybe)..  Typical Maine
weather. 

The lady on the "Life Line" was from
Florida! And  "Life Line" picked her
up here in Maine..      *Funny!

Tomorrow I have my bi yearly appointment
with my Cardiologist.   No problems,
just a checkup ...   They take good
care of me. 

June... I have to make a long list
of things to remember when I see the
Doctors, or I sit there like a dummy
with not much to say.    :knuppel2:

Have a good day,  Everyone. 
And stay warm
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Just checking in for today.  I was able to get an appointment with my former cardiologist for Thursday morning.  She has moved to an Aiken  Cardiologist practice and her office is about 26 minutes from where I live.  I have not been able to get my current doctor to respond to my calls or messages.  Scott will take us there. Yesterday was not a good day and didn't even come into my office.  I spent it either sitting or reclining in my easy chair or laying in bed.

Denver

This fits in the line of "if the creek don't rise".......

Mergatroyd! Do you remember that word? Would you believe the spell-checker did not recognize the word Mergatroyd? "Heavens to Mergatroyd"!

The other day a not so elderly (I say 75) lady said something to her son about driving a Jalopy; and he looked at her quizzically and said, "What the heck is a Jalopy?" He had never heard of the word jalopy! She knew she was old. But not that old.

Well, I hope you are Hunky Dory after you read this and chuckle.

About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology. These phrases included: Don't touch that dial, Carbon copy, You sound like a broken record, and Hung out to dry.

Back in the olden days we had a lot of moxie. We'd put on our best bib and tucker, to straighten up and fly right.

Heavens to Betsy! Gee whillikers! Jumping Jehoshaphat! Holy moley!

We were in like Flynn and living the life of Riley; and even a regular guy couldn't accuse us of being a knucklehead, a nincompoop or a pill. Not for all the tea in China!

Back in the olden days, life used to be swell, but when's the last time anything was swell? Swell has gone the way of beehives, pageboys and the D.A.; of spats, knickers, fedoras, poodle skirts, saddle shoes, and pedal pushers.

Oh, my aching back! Kilroy was here, but he isn't anymore.

We wake up from what surely has been just a short nap, and before we can say, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!" Or, "This is a fine kettle of fish!" We discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent, as oxygen, have vanished with scarcely a notice from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards.

Poof, go the words of our youth, the words we've left behind. We blink, and they're gone. Where have all those great phrases gone?

Long gone: Pshaw, The milkman did it. Hey! It's your nickel. Don't forget to pull the chain. Knee high to a grasshopper. Well, Fiddlesticks! Going like sixty. I'll see you in the funny papers. Don't take any wooden nickels. Wake up and smell the roses.

It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than Carter has liver pills. This can be disturbing stuff! (Carter's Little Liver Pills are gone too!)

We of a certain age have been blessed to live in changeable times. For a child each new word is like a shiny toy, a toy that has no age. We at the other end of the chronological arc have the advantage of remembering there are words that once did not exist and there were words that once strutted their hour upon the earthly stage and now are heard no more, except in our collective memory. It's one of the greatest advantages of aging.

Leaves us to wonder where Superman will find a phone booth...

See ya later, alligator! Okidoki.

You'll notice they left out "Monkey Business" too!!!
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well I am ready to go now Just fill the water tanks and except I backed into a iron post in a parking lot and messed up the bumper and a corner of the House. so have to set still and fiend a body shop that works on R V's to get it fixed that will give Nancy time to get back in the mood to travel see you Later

Lloyd

JaneS

Jenny, I guess we'll "wait till the cows come home" to hear any of those again!  Well, "What the Harry"?  I guess we can adjust....to anything except one word that gets way to much use.  But that's only one old lady's opinion. 

Shirley

I haven't stopped all day & absolutely no better off than this time last night... spinning my wheels & that ain't just an old cliche'...........Too tired to even whine tonight. Wishing all a good night with sweet dreams & Joan's angel dust to give us peace. Prayers for all. Shirley

June Drabek

Just in to say a quick goodnight. Had a busy day mind wise...found the pneumonia is still present according to the last xray, then Insurance to get straightened out. My dear Gary son is taking care of alll the details. I am SO blessed. But tired...so off to bed with me. Love, Hugs and Prayers. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Like the two posters before me, I'm tired, too.  And I don't seem tp jave accomplished much today.  Oh well, tomorrow's another day.  May it bring peace and love to all of us.  And that'not a cliché!  It's a prayer!  Good night my friends.

Amy

Good morning..

I have my work cut out for me today..we have about 4 inches of snow over night and it is still snowing. Will have my tea and head out to waltz with the snow blower.
Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Amy thanks for the good tithes. Nancy is feeling better  the ultra sound they done on her leg, showed no blood clots. but they told her to keep her leg elevated above her heart level, for 48 hours.now that is a hard thing to do but she has done pretty well with it. she has spent her time in her recliner with a folded pillow folded double under her leg. and she is doing a good job of bossing me around. HA HA HA, well I am a good listener as well as talker.see you all Later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's warmed up today!  It was all the way up to 21º when I got up this morning!  Wow!  A real heat wave!

I'm so glad that AMY is keeping the snow in Canada!  I really can't use any more here.  They are predicting it for Tuesday and if it comes, it will complicate things.  I have a dentist appt in a town about 5 miles away and my cleaning dynamo is supposed to be here around noon.  I also have some people dropping for an information session around 5.  Lots to do so don't need any snow

I'll be off to Wally World at 10 this morning.  It was dead on Monday but I'm betting the warmer temps will bring out some shoppers today.

Not much else happening here.  Stay in if you can!  Stay warm, well and safe.

Lloyd Hammond

well back again. temp. is 19º here mostly cloudy, yesterday and through the night, we had about 1/2" 3/4" yesterday fine drizzle all day. I am ready for spring to get here.  while we were gone had a electrical short and dave had to call fire deportment.never set no fire though, they turned off electricity and bob came over and fixed the short and ran a temporary line to the basement. there were two lines direct bury form where the line had came to house before the electric CO changed the line to get it out from a tree under it. so now another job to do. Bob is a lineman and eh said the temporary line is fine for now we will put a new bigger box in and re hook things when the weather gets better. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Snow is cleaned up for now as it is still snowing then rain tonight then more snow!! I am so happy that it did warm up to 20°f..sure beats the minus temps. We did get about 5 inches of snow but thankfully it was light fluffy snow.

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone.Sorry I could not sit here to post yesterday. This freezing windy weather and I just could not get along together.. I spent most of the day wrapped in  my down throw in my nighty and  fleece robe. Today is the warmest to start in too many days, a whole 18° and supposed to go up to 40 this afternoon. A heat wave after below 0 not mentioning wind chill. With the warmer temperature it will be bringing in heavy rain.

SHIRLEY  I remember Martex and those bus rides. I wish I had saved those but at the time I did not know how to save anything. We sure had a lot of fun and laughs in that Missouri discussion with Bunnie leading us.

LLOYD  good to know you are home safe. Sorry Nancy's leg was bothering her so bad.

DONKLAN  I have often wanted to mention that it was the Creek Indians rising, not the water creeks. I had read that way back when I was a teen. When someone says that to me I come back and tell then the Creek Indians are peaceful and do not rise in battle anymore and they look at me like I am an idiot.

JENNY  hope you do not mind but I copied your post. I want to send it to my grandsons. Most likely they will think I lost my mind. I sure got a case of laughing reading that list. Like Bob Hope's theme song "Thanks for the memories"

JANE  only 2 people here I heard say that much used word and it is disgusting.

JUNE  sorry that pneumonia is still hanging in. Prayers that it will leave PDQ.

LLOYD  thank GOD there was no fire in your home.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Carol

We lived in Texas for nine years and recall "Iffing the Creek don't rise" fondly.  We finally did understand what they were saying - so many differences.  I really appreciated the way schools respected our flag and country. 

Stay warm & hydrated. 

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Just checking in for this Wednesday.  I probably won't post in the morning as have the appointment with the cardiologist in the morning.

Shirley

Thanks, Larry, for posting, prayers & good thoughts for his report tomorrow.

Gloria, on one of the computers I did save some of the animated stuff but don't remember where, maybe it was a CD?  If I run across it again do you want me to e-mail?  I don't know how to reduce size to post & not sure how I copied or if it came e-mail. Haha, so much "I don't know," huh?

I need to jump into the shower & get the day moving, had sort of planned for the tree stump guys to show up but a neighbor reported that she had heard that was one of the complaints about this crew. We'll see. I do have their card & can be a pest. Youngest son is to come by tonight to see if he can figure why the HP won't connect to my wi-fi.. so trying to clean clutter. Living by myself I have gotten bad about stacking stuff up & this is my "neat" kid. He took after Cas, everything in it's place & get rid of anything that didn't have a place. Only this kid did/does his own cleaning, Cas had an unpaid maid.  :o

Sorry about the boo-boo on the RV, Lloyd. Mine has a minor one on each side but I didn't do them. One happened where it was being repaired & didn't know about it until I got home... and let it go. The other side got bumped when a neighbor pulled into the driveway & clipped it. He called back to say what happened & offered to have it fixed, but I knew they'd had other claims & didn't want to cause them to lose insurance. Neither show unless someone is looking for spots, doesn't bother the driving part.

Had a dusting of snow yesterday but bright sun shining so shouldn't take long to melt it off, except for the driveway.

ONWARD!

Mary Ann

Shirley, you probably have tried this, but be sure your Airplane Mode is OFF.  I don't know if mine goes off automatically or what, but I'll get a message about being unable to connect to server and I'll find the Airplane Mode is ON and I'd swear I was nowhere near that key.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Thanks, Mary Ann, I think I checked it a couple times but the mind is not up to par this week with all that is going on. Could be I checked it on the phone or Kindle.... or one of the other computers. I will double check. The phones seem to be working okay right now, but since I still can't retrieve "voice mail" messages, not sure if all calls when I'm on the phone still give that same old message that "voice mailbox not set up"..... it is but wish it wasn't & that I didn't have call waiting It is a package deal & I do like the caller ID. "Way the cookie crumbles", huh? (STOP THAT, SHIRLEY!!

Amy

I have waltzed twice today..once this morning then again this afternoon, just after 4 pm.....there was more snow with rain on the way. Rain started while I was snow blowing making it into slushies near the end. Now I have  just come in from taking snow off the satellite dish. that is it...no more. Feet up after a shower and hope we don't wake up to more snow!!
Jimmy Dean

June Drabek

Just in to say Goodnight. Time to take my Breathing treatment. It's up to three times a day now...Albuterol, and it does help.  I send you Prayers, Love, Hugs, and all that good stuff God passes out to us.  :smitten:
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I came home from work very tired.  While I was thinking to myself that I wish it was time to go home, my next customer came around behind the counter and gave me a hug and said she'd waited especially in my line so she could do that.  Surprised, I took a good look and saw a dear old friend from mu Girl Scout days.  We'd both served on the Council together and we shared a lot of good memories over the years.  I haven't seen her for at least 5 years.  What a special way to get my energy back.  After she checked out, I took a minute and went around the counter and got a real hug before she left.

It seems that when my energy and my feelings are at their lowest, God sends someone or something to bring me back!  He really is there for me!

Now I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow, the furnace and heating system guy will be here to look things over and see I there's a way to get more heat and less cold air from the openings in my floors.  Maybe the furnace needs a cleaning.  Maybe the ducts need cleaning.  Now I sound like I'm trying to do his job.  I think I'll just wait and see what he says.

Good Night, Everyfriend.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS well another not good sleep night. was a good true story. i was posting a comment to your statement about blessings, nearly done and away it went into never land. we thank god at all meal times and others as well.
but some of the time I dwell on the not good things to much,such as my dumb blunder backing into the post in that fast food lot turning around
when I had made a wrong turn. messing up the back of the R v, and the bull wandering out on the ice and falling through and drowning yesterday.
A loss of $2,800. now i have to gather up money and get another one. it is possible i have insurance on him not sure will check it out today.
that is the most part why I am un able to sleep tonight worrying about it. for the most part I only carry liability on them if one gets out and someone hits it to cover the damages. well I am going to go back to the couch and see if sleep will catch me there. good night.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Melting here, 30° F and no new snow to deal with.  :thumbup:
Cleaning day today and I may get some ribs ready for tomorrow nights supper. Will have to see how the day goes.

Gloria, this cold weather is horrible on the joints..hope today is a better day for you. It is so mild here this morning water is running off the house. Lots of ice out there, pup went out and fell .

Lloyd, it seems if it wasn't for bad luck you would have no luck at all. I hope the bull is covered by your insurance. That is a big loss plus now you have to go looking for another one.

Jane, don't you love surprises like that? with the cold we have had the past few days both the wood fire and oil furnace have been going. We are now back into warmer weather where the fire will do just fine.

Larry, I hope the Dr can help you today. Maybe a med needs to be adjusted or even changed to a better one. Pray it is a simple fix.

I would dearly love to go back to sleep but I don't think that will happen. Now that the pup got me up he has gone back to sleep!!! :tickedoff:  Oh well..

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone. It is 48°. warmer than it was when I went to bed last night and it is raining pretty hard. Might get up to 3 inches of rain today. With the ice and the ground frozen there will be fun orr and flooding in places. Mother Nature is on a rampage this year so far.

CAROL  we were raised to respect our flag but  these days it gets me angry to see some dressed in our flag. Disrespect IMHO.

LARRY  prayers that your cardiologist visit today turns out where you can get help feeling better.

SHIRLEY  I would love to see some of those bus trips. I have a copy of the one Bunnie did with the faces of all who used to post in Bis' Nest. I printed it out and have it in a frame. I cannot remember the names of some of them. I have so many things saved on the external drive it would take a long time to check all the different folders I have. If we get all the rain predicted today we will not have much snow left here.

AMY  how much snow do you have on the ground? Inches or feet of it?

JUNE hope you are feeling much better today, take care of yourself. We want you around for a lot of years to come.

JANE  those hugs sure make us feel great don't they. Good luck with the heating guy.

LLOYD  you sure do get more than your share of bad luck. Sorry about the bull.

AMY  I am so tired of the cold this winter and staying inside. I will not go out to even walk on the cleared walkway for exercise. I always love getting out into the fresh air.

Woke too early but cannot go back to sleep so might as well get into the shower and get moving with my day. Wonder if my CNA will bet here. I told her to go home if it is raining as hard as the weather guessers say it will.   :playnice:

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and attem.  Have to get ready for the furnace/heating guy this morning.  He's supposed to be here around 12:30. 

Before I forget...can somebody remind me how to make the printing I see while I'm typing my post a bit bigger.  A while ago, it got so small that I can hardly see it unless I lean in.

The only other thing on my agenda is taking my trash to the dumpster and collecting a bill payment from my son for something I picked up for him to give Kiran for Christmas.  And then depositing his check in the bank.  Not a very busy day.  I did print out a bread recipe that I'd like to try.  It's been a while since I made bread but we shall see...

LLOYD, that's a darn shame about the bull!  Like AMY said, "If you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all!"  Now you know that's not exactly true.  Lots of good stuff happens in our lives.  The bad stuff just seems to out shine the good sometimes.  I hope you've discovered that the bull was insured. 

I'm off to get dressed and ready to meet the day!  Stay warm and dry and well.

Joy

Good morning on this dreary morning.

I got busy yesterday and didn't get back here.

Jane, hope all will go well with the visit from the furnace man today.  You sure do need the furnace working well with all these freezing cold days.  Glad you have a day off to be able to rest a little bit.

Lloyd, sorry about all the mishaps that have occurred lately.  Sure hope the damage to the motor home will be an easy fix.  You sure do need a change of luck.

I see where Amy has been taking a couple whirls with the snow shovel. Amy,  you are such a busy lady. Sure wish I had some of your energy.

Gloria, I am with you and don't go out in this cold weather, except when I absolutely have to. 

I did have a good visit with the cardiologist on Tuesday. He did not change anything and said to come back in 6 months.  He told me I was "amazing". I told him that I wished I felt "amazing". But, it was nice to get some good news from him.  He is such a nice, compassionate doctor. I like him so much.

Hope we hear some good news from Larry today. 

I need to get some  breakfast and then get on with my day. First on the agenda, is to clean out my fridge a little bit. I know there are some leftovers that will get pitched out. 

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX