Random Image

marypage1

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, February 01, 2019, 01:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

I'm missing my daughter and granddaughter.  I always do when they leave.  I think I enjoy every visit so much more these days because I can't help thinking it could be the last one.  We just never know, do we.

I have to ask your prayers for my brother once again.  He's back in the hospital again having suffered a mild heart attack, severe dehydration and some internal bleeding that they have not been able to pin down yet.  My sister says he's "comfortable" tonight but they are going to do more tests tomorrow.

I know we all have our problems and my daily prayer asks that God be with everyone who needs his care.  I thank Him for my friends and I ask or His care for all of you.

AMY, I'd really love to see that show and 10 years ago, I'd have been making arrangements to go there.  I bet seeing it in person would be a truly amazing experience.

I'm off to bed now.  Wally World beckons tomorrow and I have to be up to the challenge.  Sleep well my friends and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

GOOD MORNING!  I hope it's not the weather keeping people away.  Our boinger is about to go off and I don't know if I'll get back until I come home from work.  I wish you all a good day full of sunshine and friends. 

Amy

Good morning
Rain during the night and very high winds. The high winds have continued this morning, hope we don't lose power!Neighbour will be back over today to see if he can get a stuck nut off the machine, he has tried everything and put some liquid wrench on it last night with hopes today it will move. If the parts come in today he will put it all back together if not then Monday is the day for him to finish.

General work about home today  is about it.

Janie, prayers coming your way for all. Hugs and prayers for you also as I know how much you are worried.

Gloria de, he sure is a bundle of love but also full of mischief too!!

I had better get ready for that, neighbour may drop in .

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morn‌ing everyone. Still a misty rain here but at 37° at least it is no freezing. Supposed to end around noon and get warmer. Will like that.

JANE  at times when someone writes Gloria I wonder who they are talking to. Wish I could see my daughter as often as you see yours. Seeing her on Skype every day is sure better than nothing and better than letters or phone calls.

SHIRLEY  Margaret O'Brian aka crying O'Brian. She sure cried in every movie she was in but always enjoyed her. I never heard of a problem with cataract surgery, what happened with Cas? I can see where that would make you leary of having it done. Cold it have been the doctor he had?

MARY ANN I only ventured outside once this week. When it is pouring I stay inside, same when it is sno‌wing. Getting that yellow streak these days. Used to be I would go out every day no matter what the weather was.

LARRY  sorry for the news from your doctor. I know I was surprised about all you do. Except for the arthritis I am still in good health and thank God every day for it. Follow doctors orders, we want you around a long time to come.

GLORIA  de  it is always great to get with others. I can go down to the lobby here and there is always someone sitting there to talk with.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Good morning!  Our temp. yesterday was near 80. Broke the record for high temp. for that date.  Felt so strange when I went out to go to the grocery store.  But, today it is supposed to drop through the day down into the 50's....more normal for this time of year.  When I was driving to the store I noticed that many ornamental trees were in bloom and David noticed when he was taking his daily walk that the daffodils and violets were in bloom.  And, another larger group of red winged blackbirds was in the front yard.  However, the "snow birds" (Juncos) haven't gone back up North yet.  They know winter isn't over yet!

Shirley, I feel as your Cas did.  It just makes me so mad that my body won't do what it used to.  I try to be positive and tell myself that I am doing better at age 89 than a lot of people I know.  Some days I actually believe that!   ::)

Larry, I'm sorry that you are not doing so well and have to cut down on your activities.  That is a big adjustment for you to make since you have always been so outgoing.  I'm thinking such positive thoughts for you.  Thank goodness, you have always enjoyed listening to music.  It can do a lot to soothe our troubled minds.

The sun just popped out and that makes my spirits feel brighter.  I just realized how late it is and I haven't had breakfast yet.  Be back sometime but for the meanwhile you all are in my prayers.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Amy good morning you and everyone else also. I am not trying to be putting in where I do not belong but,you might suggest to him to get a product called Power buster is I fiend better than liquid wrench and other products. also tell him to take a dull cold chisel and set it vertical on each center of the flat on the nut hit it a good lick. that will usually break the nut loose. am not trying to be a know it all but i put in a big part of 70 of my 81 years running a blacksmith and welding shop. at least a few of what I learned stuck. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy also I forgot brake fluid will go right to work on the rust at least over night.but will need to be washed off and dried and oiled as it is a croaseive. < spelling.

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, thank you, I just told him what you said and now I am going to look to see if Power Buster can be bought here. Thank you again for your help.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

2 of the cats have been fed but Tiger is always the lazy girl. I haven't had my breakfast so will make this short. Tom & Callie went out for a few seconds & popped right back in, too cold for man or beasts and these kids are whimps.

Gloria, when Cas went for the first cataract surgery he was surprised that the doctor put a hole in his eye "to prevent glaucoma" instead. I don't know if the doctor had mentioned it to him or if he didn't understand, but he thought he was going for cataract surgery! The next week he went to have the hole put in the other eye.  THEN came the cataract surgery in the first eye that left him with how he described it "like a light shining on a TV screen that doesn't ever go away". He wouldn't go back to see if laser or any other treatment could fix it and wouldn't consider having the other cataract removed.

Our daughter living in Seattle at the same time, got the holes in her eyes for the same reason. Both have/had deep set eyes & daughter explained her doctor said it "was absolutely necessary to take pressure off the eyes." I always felt it is like when everyone in the country needs to take the massive doses of one vitamin or another or one pill... "because it's been approved"... I did make a note of never going to that clinic or doctor. So I am chicken. Dad had such great results from his cataract removal (just one eye) but Mom never had any, at least not bad enough to remove before she died at 80.

Jane, so sorry about your brother and ongoing worry for him. Prayers and good thoughts headed his way. Know how you feel missing "the kids" when they go home. My daughter has been in & out of town so much this past year since she retired I hardly get back to "normal routine" and for sure, not getting all the routine cleaning done. But the house & town seems empty when she is gone.

Here it is almost spring & thinking about getting the pool ready for summer. Probably jumping the gun with that thought. Looking forward to a trip to MO in mid March, where my parents were born, meeting my daughter since it is closer to her than me... and wondering if I dare take the RV out of winter mode to fill water tank. I can "dry camp", don't mind, but not as nice when having company to visit with.

Daughter is not a camper so will stay in the old hotel that is now a bed & breakfast. I have to sleep with the cats so they can have the run of the whole RV all night. While we poke around the old towns the cats have to stay locked in the bedroom where the litter box, food & water will be, far cry better than having to be locked in a cage while I'm gone. Not sure what I will do about Callie, she has never gone for a ride & don't know how she would do. I was going to take her out for an overnight trip (along with Tom & Tiger) near here but never got that done. May do that if we get another warm few days like last week when 60s & 70s.

Phyllis, saw the snowbirds at my feeder this week, along with cardinals. Two of the families that fed all the time are gone now, don't see as many birds, guess they found others to feed them. Do you remember a highway that goes south out of Ottawa to Clinton? I've taken that the last few times instead of going through KC. Got to watch for the turn in Clinton to go toward Warsaw, missed it once & had to go quite a distance before finding a turn off to back track. My fav campground is between the towns & just a turn off the highway. I go through Warsaw & north on highway 65 to Sedalia & then back to Wichita after a stop in Warrensburg & Overland Park to visit siblings. Not sure if you recall all those places, even how long you stayed in the Ottawa area. No doubt Lloyd knows the route.

Amy, I'm still green with envy over your new pup... but know how much more work it would be to get 3 cats to adjust to one. You have your hands full, for sure, but isn't it a joy to have someone so excited to see you?  :smitten:

Can't believe I've been sitting here so long, just thinking. Cats have all eaten now, 2 had a look outside & popped right back in & all are sleeping, even snoring. I'd better eat & get dressed, the trash has been picked up so I need to drag the dumpster back to the garage. Still very cold out but sun is shining & plenty work to do.

Oh, forgot, I did post a photo of the Blue Heron over in Photos last night. Not a very sharp photo taken with my phone. These birds are supposed to go south.  ::)

Good morning, Lloyd... I don't think Cas had Power Buster but know there is a can of Liquid Wrench on the shelf. Cas spent his early years working for a welder and never lost his love of what one could do. My son also enjoys working with one since he retired.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another beautiful sunny morning but suppose to be partly or mostly cloudy throughout the day.  We expect to get to 70 degrees this afternoon.    I only got about 4 hours sleep last night as I was fighting shortness of breath all afternoon and night.  Pat suggested I put one of the sofa cushions behind my back in my easy chair and that did help a bit but moving about brought it back.  Enough complaining for today.  Pat made some delicious 15 bean soup in the Instant Pot last evening for our dinner and there was enough left over to have another meal or two.  Our housekeeper is here so by early afternoon we will have a nice clean house.

Amy, thanks for sharing that beautiful video of Christy Lane.  I have always liked her as she has a beautiful voice and I also adhere to the adage of one day at a time.  I appreciate all the prayers I can get and knowing that others care is always a comfort.  I do spend a lot of time in my easy chair.

Lindancer, it is great you have Taffy to talk to.  Do you suffer a lot with shortness of breath and exhaustion where you can hardly get across the room?  I don't think I ever truly appreciated what people with breathing problems have to deal with until now when I can't seem to get enough oxygen into my lungs.  You are one of the inspirations I have.  I don't feel sorry for myself and I don't want anyone else to either.  I was thinking the morning that I am about the age my father was when he health started failing him.  I am going to miss being able to be among my friends for awhile as I am a people person.  Glad you got to get together with some of your red hat ladies for some social time. 

Shirley, I have realized for sometime that I shouldn't try to do more than one thing a day that takes me from the house.  I am fortunate in that today's medicines keep the angina pretty much under control and I am very thankful for that fact.  I am not a person given to depression so will just try to occupy my time and see what happens each day.  I also hope to not have to be hospitalized as my cardiologist has agreed with me that further stents are not indicated and I have known for many years I was not a candidate for anymore heart surgery. 

Lloyd, glad there was nothing damaged with the slide into the gate and you got it finished.  That is pretty cold out your way.

Jane, aren't we glad that we don't know what tomorrow is going to bring?  I know I sure am.  So sorry to hear that your brother is back in the hospital.  The dehydration would be enough without the added complications.  Hope you have a good day at Walmart today. 

Gloria, being able to see a person is certainly better than just talking over the phone.  I feel the same way about my best friend, whom I was able to Facetime with for a few minutes yesterday.  However, I was so short of breath that I had to end the call after only a few minutes. 

Phyllis, we came within one degree of matching the all time high here in the last 140 years when it got to 85.  It is cooler today and will continue to be cooler for the rest of the week.  Thanks for your positive thoughts.  I try to be a very positive person and know it is what it is and hopefully this to shall pass.

Lindancer

God afternoonJust home from Homemakers a friend talk me into going today, as they had a birthday cake for me. My next outing should be the 21st, I have a doctors appointment .

Shirley, I understand how it was with Cas, My husband was really sick for 4 years, but he always talked about driving down to  ,SC. we had a lot of stuff in storage and he loved Charleston although he was was from Ala. My MIL accused me of trying to make a Northern of her son.  I just let him have his dream, that he would be able to drive again.

Larry, whenever anyone ask me how I feel, I say great if I did not have to walk and breath. I cannot walk out to the mailbox without gasping for air. Most of the time I go around the house, short steps tp chair and computer. I have a big the big oxgenon container for all night, but going out I have my little Inogen it only ways 2 lbs. so it can go anywhere with me. the old portable weighed 9 lbs. which I could not handle.
I keep it on #2.  I refused to have the stents and the dye they would  use would put me on dialysis  the doctor said.  MY kidneys are that bad. That was last March.

Jane, I will say  a pray for your brother. You also take care

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

:-[ I know I am bad at spelling. but I do know how to spell Good afternoon

Denver

GOOD AFTERNOON.....

It is Friday.....the day we have been waiting for so Michele can see her oncologist. We can't help but face this with mixed emotions.  It is the next necessary step, and yet it is frightening to know what that next step will be😢🙏.

I am having a really hard time controlling my emotions.....it makes me disappointed in myself, like I am making it all about ME, but I really do not think I believe this.....but🤬🤬

Each day seems to bring on yet another sad and disappointing discovery.  OUR JUNE....OUR LARRY.....and other health news of our friends loved ones🙏🙏

JANE, I am sorry that your brother has another health scare, but rest assured I am praying for him, you and his family.  I also can share your sadness of how it feels when our loved ones leave after a nice visit....it is so quiet and lonely.  Many of us are blessed to have our pets to keep us company, which is a blessing❣️

SHIRLEY, it only takes one bad experience to make any of us afraid to have things done that others seem to fly through without any problems.  So many times you have proven that only YOU can make the decision what is best for you.  I have to say, I appreciate all of your honesty about different issues that you have experienced.  As cold as it has been here and knowing that it heads for you after us, I do not think you are going to get any warms days in the near future to go for a over night run in your motor home.  🤪😤

GLORIA de, how nice that you were able to get out and attend your Homemakers group. 

PHYLLIS, I do not think any daffodils, ornamental trees or snow birds are even close to showing their faces around here....at least I hope not as they would get nipped for sure. 

We are still in the deep freeze here, so when I read about you nearly breaking records  for a high temperature LARRY, I felt a little jealous.  It has been much too long since we have been warm enough to open the doors and windows up to get a nice change out of air here in our home. 

Dr. Dave and Matthew are going for a over night camp out tonight....it will be near freezing and I am so worried about them.  This is the last camp out for Matt's Eagle Scout requirement.  They have sleeping bags that are for this, but I still find it ridiculous.  They were suppose to go down south of Colorado Springs to a place that has ice climbing and other stuff, but decided it is just too cold for that much outdoor time.  They have decided to go to one of the closer  resvours.  We will be with the children when they get home from school today and will stay with Michele and the two little ones until Dave and Matt get home tomorrow morning. 

I must run.....I apologize for writing another novel.....thank you all for letting me vent. 

Enjoy your day.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Radioman34

I had a real lesson in senior living protocol last evening. My tv would not turn on so I got down on my hands and knees to access the modem that controls it. That was a big mistake because I was unable to get up. I struggled for several minutes to no avail so I had to summon help from the nursing staff.  They couldn't get me up which meant they had to summon the para medics who finally got me up. Thy gave me the full treatment, blood work, blood pressure, heart monitor and so on. Then I had to sign a waiver that I didn't want to go to the hospital.  The ironical thing is that the staff here told me that the next time I have an issue with the tv or anything else just to call them and let them fix it. So that was a lesson well learned. My legs and joints are still sore from the time I was on the floor.

Mary Ann

We're never too old to learn, are we, Don?  My nephew, who lives with me, would tell me the same - let him take care of it!!!  I hope your hurts heal quickly.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Don, I've heard that said before from people living where all you need do is "call us"... but most of us are still in the "I can do it" mode in our heads. Isn't it a good feeling to know you have help, all you have to do is ask???  Sorry about the pain, hope you feel better fast.

Jenn, I'll be checking in to see if there is any news about Michele... my heart goes out to them. Andy is another that does those freezing camp outs & I think they are crazy. He tells how the adults knock themselves out trying to find new ways to keep warm or have outstanding food. He also has the low temp tents & sleeping bags but learned long ago that if he loaned out gloves or stocking caps, might consider them give-a-way. Sadly, some of the boys don't go prepared.

I've talked to my sister & brother this week and both are having health issues, back ache for one & neck ache along with several colds/flu for the other. Not life threatening but they are not up to par. My brother is 10 years older and sister is 5 years older, both still going strong "for their age"  ;) .

I stopped to look at the surprise lilies in the berm... they sure are growing fast! Poor things, but it doesn't look like the freezing temps are damaging the tips at all. I did notice ice floating on the river this morning, first time I've seen that for a couple years. No sign of the Blue Heron. We did not get up to freezing today but think it is supposed to be warmer tomorrowd... not sun bathing weather but hopefully above freezing! I am sleepy already & still have not eaten my supper, think I'll have dessert first, an ice cream cone.

Lindancer

It is getting late, but I am still here om the computer. I just had to come in and say Jenny my prays and thoughts are still with you and your beautiful family.

also just got and email from my neighbor across the street, Sunday they are going to get a wheel chair and bring me over for cake, she is not taking no for and answer.  How wonderful is that?

Shirley

Gloria de.... I do think you must have been a fantastic neighbor to be treated so special. My neighborhood has changed, every house except one that I can think of, has had new people 2 or 3 times in the last 30 years. I used to know everyone but now I probably wouldn't recognize but a couple if I met them in the store. I am ready for bed, cats had their "midnight snack". I am ready to turn off lights & go close my eyes. Been a long day.

JaneS

I'm heading for the hills too.  I'm really beat today and I can't seem to get warm.  Every time I have to open the doors for the doggies, I cringe.  And they want to go out right not.  This is the LAST time tonight.  We're going to bed as soon as they come in.  And I'm so tired this week that I opted out of going to the Amish store with my daughter.

The dogs have developed a bad case of the mumblies-grumblies and they keep lookin at the door.  So I will wish you all a Good Night and may God bless us, every one!

GloriaDe, enjoy the party.  You deserve it!

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Looks like I am not the only one to sleep in. Pup was out at 2 am and we went straight back to bed. High winds still blowing and the snow we had last night needs to be dealt with this morning.

Will be back later..

Enjoy your day.
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Shirley, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday.  Old US 59 runs from north to south right through Ottawa.  I35 from Overland Park to near Wichita is just a few miles southeast of Ottawa.  I was born in Fort Scott but my family moved to Ottawa when I was 6 months old and I lived there until I was married at age 22.  I had a close cousin who lived in Overland Park.  Actually they lived near Mission Hills but not far from Overland Park.  She graduated from Shawnee Mission High School.  We visited my grandparents in Fort Scott often and that isn't terribly far from Warsaw, MO. so I know of all the places that you speak about when you drive over to visit family.  I remember driving over to Bagnell Dam  with my Mom and Dad.  Lake of the Ozarks country is beautiful.  Sometimes I miss those growing up years back in Ottawa but I know it is not the same little town that I knew back then.

We certainly don't have warm temps. today!  It was down to 39 when I got up and is cloudy. Not supposed to get out of the 40's all day.

I was late getting up, too, so must be off and about the business of the day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

I was up early but had some things to do...one of them being to soak my hands in warm water.  "Arthur" did a number on them overnight and the left one is so painful this morning that it hurst to move the last 3 fingers on my left hand.  I'm trying to catch all the typos but you'll have to forgive the ones I miss.

This has been a very busy week and I'm in recovery this weekend.  Not doing anything I don't feel like doing until Monday when I have to go to work. 

I hope you all have a pleasant day!  Do exactly as you wish. 

Lloyd Hammond

Don as they say misery loves company. I am 81 years young. have the same case of Independence. I get down on the flour, but so far I have been able to get on my hands and Knees and crawl  to where i can get hold of somersetting and pull my self up. it especially hurts my knees when I get down on the concrete flower at the shop. like Shirley said cant get that can do out of my head. well the good news is sun is shinning very bright today and is calling for high of 34º is eleven degrees @ 7:33 AM C s T . Have a great day. I broke a cylinder on the front end loader yesterday,so I have my work cut out for me today first thing to fix it.

Lloyd

Shirley

Phyllis, have you been back to visit Truman Dam area?  It is "within a few gallons" the same size as Lake of the Ozarks (Truman Lake). If you look at a map that "snake" of lakes nearly stretches the whole state. When I travel those highways I cross arms of the lake over & over, always been a little squeamish driving over water. My folks had a cabin just a mile off highway 65 near Warsaw, when I got married the owner of the resort put down a map of lots & told us to take our pick for a wedding present. We opted to take one on top of the hill overlooking the Lake west with back yard going down to what was to be a swimming area and up the next hill, my parents cabin. We sold the lot a few years before Cas died after offering it to any of our kids, because it is just easier to stay in Corp of Engineer campgrounds than take care of a cabin. It is a beautiful area and not that far from Ottawa. I sometimes take the highway that goes through Ft.Scott (#54) & have stopped more than once when alone, to have a look through antique shops. When Cas was along one time we went through the old Fort, pretty neat place. The state & Corp campgrounds in MO have electric hook ups & really well maintained with plenty of space between campers. I am one of those that would rather stay home than park so close to another camper that you can hear them snore.  :(  You can tell I love it, and I can still feel Joan rolling her eyes & moaning at the thought of camping!

Jane, I've learned this winter that the Arthur in my hands requires being covered with gloves and even in bed, make sure hands are under the covers. As long as I obey, the hands are behaving. Hands & eyes are my daily concern, but still doing okay. I've been trying to train Callie Cat to go out to take care of business but not much success. She just looks up at me & dances around my feet talking, not a clue what I'm wanting her to do. She is sure she is NOT supposed to use the litter box to puddle, that's for poop.  :-\  Those training pads are expensive, but she will use them... right next to the litter box! I want a dog!

Cloudy & cold this morning but hopefully will get above freezing. No snow or moisture so will get the hose out the next warmer day to water trees, shrubs & flowers. They have to have a drink once a month if they survive Kansas winters.

Amy, do wish you'd share the snow! So far this winter is a bust, haven't even aired up my Sno-Nut. Every year I worry that I won't be ABLE to ride it down the hill next year if we don't get enough snow this year. I'm willing but Mother Nature won't co-operate!

I'd better get moving, been up 3 hours & still in my robe. How lazy is that?  Won't be long before it will be warm enough to take camera out for sunrise & birds. I do have my own woods now. Not a tree in sight along this stretch of river when we bought the house, 30 years makes a huge difference. Have a happy week end.

Good morning, Lloyd! Sorry about more repairs, something to fix every day, but that's what keeps us going.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are to have a cloudy day with no rain forecast and a high in the lower to mid-50's.  Nothing of importance to write about this morning so will just check in for today. 

Lindancer, did they put any candles on your birthday cake?  Like your husband one needs to maintain hope for better days when you are ill.  I seem to have reached a point quickly where any movement involving my arms or legs leaves me panting as I am so short of breath.  I hope for improvement but am a realist and know my heart has been weakening over many years and it is struggling to keep me afloat. You obviously have been a very good neighbor over the years to have such good and caring neighbors now.  I see Shirley expressed the same thought. 

Jenny, you are obviously a very kind and caring person and there is nothing wrong with expressing your emotions.  My emotions seem to be on the surface now and I shed tears easily and I haven't had anyone look down on me for doing so.  We are going to have cooler weather for a few days but nothing drastic and we will generally stay above freezing at night.  I so admire Dr. Dave for finding the time for his children like the overnight camping with Matthew.  Glad you feel this is a place you can vent as you know we all care about you.

Don, when I moved here 4 years ago I made sure I had all the wires, modem, and other devices up at desk height.  Don't be a hero and let others help you when you need it as that is their job.  That was probably a good lesson. 

Shirley, it is possible that some of those boys who go camping without all the necessary clothing or equipment have parents who have never camped or some who cannot afford some of the things they need.  It sounds like you come from strong stock. You would be lost without a cat. 

Jane, hope you were able to warm up over night and won't be so tired today.  Don't worry about a few typos.  I hope you can rest up this weekend. 

Amy, with the high winds does it do much good to tackle the snow?

Phyllis, I am familiar with those places in Kansas you mentioned.  Overland Park and Mission Hills are very nice neighborhoods.

Lloyd, your experience with the part breaking brings back so many memories of my dad always having something that needed repaired on his farm equipment.  Fortunately he was skilled, as you are, in repairing about anything.

JaneS

I decided to go through some boxes in my office and help the kids out for after I'm gone.  I ended up with a trash bag full to get rid of and I'm not half finished. 

This afternoon, I have to take my trash to the dumpster.  With the bag from the office, it's overflowing. That' won't take long and I'll try to do it right after lunch and then I'll have time for a nap when I get back.

SHIRLEY, I wear gloves everywhere I go and I make sure my hands are under the covers in bed.  In fact, I sometime burrow my bad hand under one of the doggies.  She doesn't seem to mind.  But the registers at WM have a lot of metal on them and it gets cold.  And when I'm on the ones at the food side of the store, lots of frozen stuff goes through the line.  I can't wear gloves at work because of handling cash.  Some days are just worse than others but we learn to live with it.  I told someone in the lunch room that I don't wash my hands because they're dirty.  I wash them because they're cold!  It helps!

Where's JUNE?

Joy

I see that I can still say Good Morning.

I missed a couple days here, and sorry to read that some of you are going through a rough time right now.

Larry, sorry to read about you having to cut down on some of your activities, but like your doctor told you, just try to take it easier for a couple weeks.  Hopefully, you will start to get some of your energy back and your breathing will improve.

Jenny,  I , too, am thinking of your DIL, and the whole family.  I know she sounds like such a positive gal and that is the best part of this situation that she is going through right now.  I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.  I know she will be getting the best care possible. 

Jane, sorry that you have not been feeling that good, either.  I am glad that your daughter and granddaughter were able to visit for a few days.  That had to perk up your spirits a lot. I am sorry that your BIL is back in the hospital and hope he has had some improvement today.  Now, hopefully,  you are back to the same old, same old.  I am like you. I don't like the cold and have a hard time getting warm.  I keep pushing the thermostat up and back down all day long. 

Gloria de, Sounds like you had a nice day with your group and nice that they had a birthday cake for you.  Nice that you were able to get out.

Shirley,  sorry to hear that your brother and sister have not been feeling good.  That flu can last a long time, especially the cough.

Don, I had the same thing happen to me a while back.  I got down and couldn't get back up. My DIL is a physical therapist and doesn't live far from me, so I called her and she came over and got me up. She knows just how to do that.  It is kind of frustrating, tho, to have that happen.  WHen something like that happens to me, I just call one of my sons to come take care of the problem.  I wouldn't know what wire went to where. LOL

Lloyd, hope you were able to fix your front end loader.  You just can't seem to win for losing, can you?

Amy, sorry that you have snow to deal with this morning, again.

They are calling for a wintry mess beginning Sun. evening and going into Monday and TUes.  I have a doctor's appt. on Monday afternoon, and it looks like I will probably have to cancel it.  Hate to have to do that, as it takes so long to get a make-up appt.  But, we will see how it goes.

Gloria, I hope your weather improves this week, so that maybe you can get out for a short walk.  I know you always look forward to being able to walk outside, even for a short time.  We have a fairly new recreation director and she does try to get more activities going, but doesn't get a whole lot of response.  But, the birthday party that they have once a month, sure does bring the people out. We all laugh as if food is available, everybody shows up. You would think that some people never get anything to eat. There usually is a good turn-out for anything that has food involved.  There is a bingo game on Friday nights that is pretty well attended.  Like you, I do  not like bingo and I don't go to that. I am looking forward to the painting group the end of the month.  It is being led by one of the residents and doesn't seem to be a fee involved. I supposed the management company is paying for the supplies. It should be fun.  Something different, for sure.

I have tried to read back and hope I have not missed anyone. If I have, please forgive me and I do hope everyone is doing better today and will have a good week end.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

I didn't have to deal with the snow!! Hubby took the shovel to it and just pushed it aside  for now. I did laundry and hung the bedding  out on the line, beautiful sunny day with just the right amount of wind to dry it.

Phyliss, when you said your weather was 80° the other day I told my husband. He looked at me and said ours was 80° also.in the house! :)

Jane, what about getting hot shots to put in your gloves to keep your hands warm? Any word on your BIL? June was in here last night but hasn't been in yet today.

Shirley, we have more snow coming this week so take all you want. :) Soon the syrup makers will be making trails in the snow around their trees so thy don't have to wade in the snow. I was told snow in the bush is 3 feet!

Larry, happy to see you are feeling better..I know we don't like to slow down but there are times we do have to listen. My Dr. told me to do things slower than I do....what a hard job to do!!

Joy, as long as the snow stays away on Thurs I won't mind it coming.  Thur my friend and maybe daughter in love are going to an awesome fabric sale.

Gloria de, enjoy your cake and time with your neighbours on Sun.

Better go get the laundry folded.....either that or I iron!

Pup weighed 10.5 lbs at 49 days ,he now weighs 18 lbs at 79 days!
Jimmy Dean

Lindancer

Good afternoon,cold and very windy.  Just received a beautiful bouquet from my DIL from Fla. also a bag of Lindor candy,This afternoon I plan to watch golf, knit and of course have a bite of candy also put my feet up.
Yes shirley and Larry,we tried to be good neighbors. Years ago one of the men ask me which  roof is your husband working on to day and they would say to me: you have a station wagon, you can take all of us. We were called the kids on the block. I ww were in our early 60's.
Thursday a lady from around the circle came over with a cleaning basket, she heard Diana my cleaning lady.
fell. This woman stays with her ill mother. She vacuumed and dusted. She said no when i went to pay her, It Was Pass It On. I had done for her mother before. What a nice surprise. Another young man brings food over when he makes soup, because I was good to hid mom.  and Dad. I still feel guilty not being able to do something back. My next door neighbor who home from knee surgery, I am going to make up a tuna and macaroni salad and send over.

Larry they would have burnt the cake up if the put all those candles on. :2funny: She put 2 large ones.

Jane, could you use fingerless gloves at the cash register? I taught a class last year in them for winter driving. I see in the catalogs for arthritis

Joy, at Lassies (parks women's club)we had a craft club that met once a week, to make thinggs for the Christmas Fair. One a month the club would have a long sandwich and desert brought in for the workers. That day we would have over two long tables of workers.

Jenny, June, Carol and Amy and anyone else I missed. Prays and extra hugs

JaneS

JOY, my granddaughter made me a pair of those fingerless gloves a couple years ago and I tried to wear them at work.  I felt clumsy with them on and they didn't do much for the ends of my fingers where I need them the most.  Maybe I'll take them in and try again.  It can't hurt!

I didn't get my nap because I turned on the TV while I was eating my lunch and EXODUS had just started.  I HAD to watch it for two reasons....It's one of my all time favorite movies and Paul Newman is one of my all time favorite stars.  So when it was over, I took he trash to the dumpster and paid my sewer bill and came home.  I was just in here to read when the phone rang and it was my sister.  We talked for about an hour and my brother is responding to the care of the drs. and the attention that all the prayers brought on.  He might be able to go home tomorrow but we're not counting on it.

I still have a lot of papers and boxes to go through before I'm finished helping the kids go through my stuff.  In fact, there are two boxes in the hall that have to be dealt with this weekend.

GLORIA DE do you remember the movie MURPHY'S ROMANCE with James Garner?  When Sally Field was trying to find out how old he was so she could put candles on his birthday cake he said, "Just set the thing on fire!"  And he wasn't as old as you are.  I bet that would have been some fire!

Doggies are starting to tell me it's time for supper.  I'm going to try to hold them off for about a half hour yet.  All I have to do for mine is heat the leftovers from yesterday. 

I hope your day is going well!  Take it as it comes and do what you will with it!  It's yours!